New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H836
    Uruk-Hai:
    Improved Orcs bred into existence by Sauron, They are stronger and smarter than standard Orcs. They look like taller, black skinned orcs, more intelligent but just as savage.

+6 Strength, -2 Cha
    Base Land speed 30ft
    Darkvision to 60ft.
    Proficient with all simple weapons, regardless of class.
    LA: +2
    Last edited by zzuxon; 2012-12-09 at 06:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 837: More in-depth Morale rules

I want to request a system for "Tension" or "Biorhythm". If you've played either Xenoblade or Fire Emblem: Por/RD, you'll know what I'm talking about.

To elaborate, I want a system that measures morale in a more specific way than, say, Heroes of Battle. A system that measures how much "into the zone" your character currently is. Things like scoring a critical hit or downing an enemy would increase tension, whereas missing or being affected by a detrimental condition would affect it negatively. Maybe there would be a number of feats or class features that enable you to gain tension in certain other situations, such as when you are attacked. The DM could also award tension based on roleplay or story (i.e. a pc whose parents were killed by a red dragon might get a tension rise when he encounters a red dragon).

The impact of this would potentially be applied to things like Hero Points in Pathfinder. Certain abilities can be made only available at high tension as a way of balancing them in and interesting and thematic way. Tension might also grant other bonuses when high or penalties when low, but hopefully something more than just morale bonuses to hit.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2012-12-10 at 05:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Pixie in the Playground

Question R. 838: Hobgnoblin

R. 838: Hobgnoblin Priest Caste

I'd like to request an LA 0 Gnome/Hobgoblin half-breed race.

Basic outline of flavour: they are hardy of both mind and will but perhaps also weak of strength and intellect, sort of like a domineering and resilient (but hopelessly behind the times) priest caste kind of feel. Confident and arrogant, and medium-size rather than small-size. Maybe replace the gnome spell-like with something that fits that feel? Not really sure what would scale appropriately with the gnome ability, even at 1/day. Or maybe even replace the spell-like with an appropriate feat or some such, not sure where I'd go with it and don't have time to whip it up, so I trust the discretion of the homebrewer! :D
    Last edited by davethebrave; 2012-12-10 at 04:22 PM.
    Yours,
    Dave the Brave

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: R. 838: Hobgnoblin

Quote Originally Posted by davethebrave View Post
    R. 838: Hobgnoblin Priest Caste

I'd like to request an LA 0 Gnome/Hobgoblin half-breed race.

Basic outline of flavour: they are hardy of both mind and will but perhaps also weak of strength and intellect, sort of like a domineering and resilient (but hopelessly behind the times) priest caste kind of feel. Confident and arrogant, and medium-size rather than small-size. Maybe replace the gnome spell-like with something that fits that feel? Not really sure what would scale appropriately with the gnome ability, even at 1/day. Or maybe even replace the spell-like with an appropriate feat or some such, not sure where I'd go with it and don't have time to whip it up, so I trust the discretion of the homebrewer! :D
    C 838
    That is the grossest race combo I have ever thought of. Also, your description of an unintelligent race with strong will doesn't seem to fit a gnome/hob half-breed, since gnomes are encouraged to be wizards and hobs are given Int as their highest mental stat.

The way you describe it, I feel like I want to give this race constitution, charisma, and take away Strength and Intelligence. Should I just write that up and label it 'hobgnoblin'?

I was considering some dabbling in illusions for the flavorful ability, but I'd like to custom-fit this some more, so what kind of priests are these and what sort of racial presence are you planning for these dudes?

5. - Top - End - #425
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    {table=head]|Dmg (s)|Dmg (m)|critical|Range increment|weight|type|
    Heavy Bladebow|d8/d4|d10/d6|19-20/x2|100 ft|10 lb|piercing
    LightBladebow|d6/d3|d8/d4|19-20/x2|5 lb|60 ft|piercing[/table]

Bladebows function as crossbows, but come equipped with serrated blades, allowing them to be used as melee weapons. The second entry in the damage column shows the damage when the weapon is used in melee. The blades, however, interfere slightly with the action of the bow, reducing the effective range.

Bladebows are martial weapons.
    Thanks a bundle.
    I also appreciate your input Debatra, but I want a normal weapon, not a 30000gp magical one.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Barbarian in the Playground

R:839
    A PrC for manifesting the Dragonmark of Death. Should be 3 levels long and have some stiff requirements that are attainable by 6th level by any character. Should give very limited use of raising dead.
    Akrim.elf made my wonderful ponytar.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Curse that infernal yellowish-brown text right under comics! When shall you turn normal brown again?" -every OOTS fan ever.
    I support laziness. Call me Z if you can't be bothered to spell my full name.
    Come help build a fantasy setting!

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

R:840
    I would like a Necromancy Base/PrC that is based on using Melee Weapons to raise Dead, In place of Magic or other things.
    Base Is prefered, But I will take a PrC
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #428
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Re: R. 838: Hobgnoblin

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 838
    That is the grossest race combo I have ever thought of. Also, your description of an unintelligent race with strong will doesn't seem to fit a gnome/hob half-breed, since gnomes are encouraged to be wizards and hobs are given Int as their highest mental stat.

The way you describe it, I feel like I want to give this race constitution, charisma, and take away Strength and Intelligence. Should I just write that up and label it 'hobgnoblin'?

I was considering some dabbling in illusions for the flavorful ability, but I'd like to custom-fit this some more, so what kind of priests are these and what sort of racial presence are you planning for these dudes?
    They're sort of a decadent and degraded race. Their genesis in fluff was a meeting of several cultures in a homebrew world, a sort of Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman area of the world that were gnomish in those days, and a kind of Babylonian/Akkadian/Sumerian/Semitic analogue of goblinoids (this is a gross oversimplification, but I'm trying to keep it brief and relatable). When the two cultures stopped clashing and started fusing ages before the present day of the setting, there was a gnomish royalty that saw the goblionoids ascendant and decided to convert to the goblinoid faith to forestall their own fall from power. It worked for a few centuries, but ultimately the gnomes became an underclass similar to the goblins in the eyes of the hobgoblins. However, an elite class did emerge as a priest caste from the descendants of the ancient gnomish royalty and the hobgoblin military leaders and religious leaders (who saw no problem breaking their vows of chastity with non-goblinoids, since they were less than people and didn't count) that they began to become socially mobile within after converting. There are also gnoblins in this setting, but they're sort of a class of untouchables, vs. these hobgnoblins whose concept is more one of a united Divine Right to rule over goblinoids and gnomes of all sub-types alike! But, of course, it's all tenacity, stubbornness and a craven powerthirst, not any actual divine right or even popular will. Empires is as Empires does, to paraphrase Mssr. Gump.

I imagine a place for them of misdirection and illusion, of appearing great while they constantly erode, appearing true and pure, while actually being a sign of the tainted twin decadence of the Goblinoid Faith and the Gnomish Hereditary Rule.

Does that give you a better idea?
    Last edited by davethebrave; 2012-12-12 at 11:54 AM.
    Yours,
    Dave the Brave

9. - Top - End - #429
    Bugbear in the Playground

H834

Vile Shaft is a discipline open to evil crusaders. Its favored weapons are all bows, crossbows, darts and throwing knives. Its key skill is knowledge(religion). All maneuvers are supernatural.

1st
    • An Ill Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, sickens enemies
    • Stance of Retchedness -- Stance -- all attacks are magical and evil
    • White Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d4 cold and unholy bonus damage
    2nd
    • Ghoul's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d4 Str and Dex
    • Imp's Cruelty (a.k.a. Quasit's Cruelty) -- Strike -- Poison 1d4 dex / 2d4 dex
    • Taste of Death -- Strike -- 1d6 per initiator level
    3rd
    • Green Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d6 acid and unholy bonus damage
    • Mummy's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d6 Con and Cha
    • Soul Target -- Boost -- Touch attacks ignore DR
    4th
    • A Pestilant Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, nauseates enemies
    • Lich's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d8 Int and Wis
    • To the Pain -- Strike -- -4 attack, skill, ability
    5th
    • Blue Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d10 electricity and unholy bonus damage
    • Vampire's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 6d6 HP
    6th
    • Barbazu's Cruelty -- Strike -- Wound is resistent to healing
    • Succubus's Cruelty -- Strike -- 1 neg lev + suggestion
    7th
    • A Plague Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, nauseates and con-drains enemies
    • Red Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 2d6 fire and unholy bonus damage
    • Wight's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d4 Levels
    8th
    • Balor's Cruelty -- Strike -- 6d6 ongoing fire 30'
    • Pit Fiend's Cruelty -- Strike -- Poison 1d6 con / death
    • To the Agony -- Strike -- -4 attack, skill, ability and hard to act
    9th
    • Death and Undeath -- Strike -- kill and raise as undead

Details:
    Spoiler
    Show

An Ill Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)
    Level: 1
    Initiation Action: 1 swift action

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it increases your range increment 25%. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 11+cha) or be sickened for one round. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Stance of Retchedness
    Vile Shaft (Stance)

You imbue your ammunition with the darkness of your own soul. All ranged attacks count as magical and evil for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

White Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Initiation Action: 1 full-round action

You emulate the breath of a white dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d4 cold and 1d4 unholy damage.

Ghoul's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 2
    Initiation Action: 1 standard action

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 12+cha) or take 1d4 Str damage and 1d4 Dex damage. You gain equal profane bonuses to your str and dex for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Imp's Cruelty (a.k.a. Quasit's Cruelty)
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You fill an arrow with a condensed hatred for all that is good and holy similar to an Imp or Quasit's venom. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target is affected by a poison that does 1d4 dex primary damage and 2d4 dex secondary damage with save dc 12+cha.

Taste of Death
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Your attacks are driven by your hatred of life. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, deal an extra 1d6 unholy damage per initiator level.

Green Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 3

You emulate the breath of a green dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d6 acid and 1d6 unholy damage.

Mummy's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 13+cha) or take 1d6 Con damage and 1d6 Cha damage. If the damage would reduce the targets Con to 0 or less, the damage is decreased so that it only drops the Con to 1. You gain equal profane bonuses to your Con and Cha for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Soul Target
    Vile Shaft (Boost)

You shoot directly at the target's soul. For the remainder of the round, your ranged attacks are against touch ac and ignore damage reduction.

A Pestilant Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)
    Level: 4
    Prerequisites: 1 Vile Shaft Maneuver

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it increases your range increment 50%. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 14+cha) or be nauseated for three rounds. On each round, they may make fresh saves. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Lich's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 14+cha) or take 1d8 Int damage and 1d8 Wis damage. You gain equal profane bonuses to your Int and Wis for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

To the Pain
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You select your aim based not on injury but on what will cause the most pain. The target takes a -4 penalty on all attack, skill or ability rolls. Also, he must make a dc 14+cha concentration check to cast any spell or manifest any power. This effect remains in place until the target receives magical healing or rests for a night.

Blue Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 5

You emulate the breath of a blue dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d10 electricity and 1d10 unholy damage.

Vampire's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target takes an additional 6d6 damage and you heal an equal amount. This cannot take you above your base hit points.

Barbazu's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 6

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, using healing magic on the target becomes difficult. Anyone trying to heal him must make a caster level check that exceeds your initiator level check. This effect persists until someone overcomes it. It can also be ended by Dispel Magic and similar effects, requiring the same caster level check, or by Limited Wish or similar without a check.

Succubus's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target suffers 1 negative level. Furthermore, he must make a dc 16+cha will save or regard you as no longer a threat.

A Plague Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)
    Level: 7

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it doubles your range increment. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 17+cha) or be nauseated and take one point of con damage per round for as long as you remain in the stance. On each round, they may make fresh saves. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Red Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You emulate the breath of a red dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 2d6 fire and 2d6 unholy damage.

Wight's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Prerequisites: 2 Vile Shaft Maneuvers

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 17+cha) or lose 1d4 levels. You gain equal profane bonuses to your base attack bonus, initiator level and all skill checks for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Balor's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 8

Your arrow explodes into fire after hitting. Make a ranged attack. If successful, the target and anyone within 30ft takes 6d6 fire damage. The damage triggers again on your turn every round for the next hour, unless the original target receives a Heal spell, a Greater Dispel Magic (with caster level check exceeding your initiator level check) or you choose to release him. You are immune to this damage, even if you come within range of it.

Pit Fiend's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You fill an arrow with a condensed hatred for all that is good and holy similar to an Pit Fiend's venom. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target is affected by a poison that does 1d6 con primary damage and death as secondary damage with save dc 12+cha.

To the Agony
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You select your aim based not on injury but on what will cause the most pain. The target takes a -4 penalty on all attack, skill or ability rolls and must make a dc 18+cha concentration check to cast any spell or manifest any power. Furthermore, the target must make an 18+cha will save to take any action besides curling up in a ball and crying. This effect remains in place until the target receives a Heal spell or equivalent.

Death and Undeath
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 9
    Prerequisites: 3 Vile Shaft Maneuvers

You slay your enemies and reanimate them as undead monstrosities in a single action. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (19+cha) or die immediately and rise again as an undead creature under your command. The creature's type becomes undead [mindless], its constitution becomes -, its hit dice become d12s, it loses any divine spellcasting or psionics and it gains resistance 15 to slashing and piercing. It serves you loyally but uncreatively. It falls apart after one hour or when you next successfully use this maneuver, whichever comes first.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-12-12 at 04:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Ogre in the Playground

H 838

Hobgnoblin (Priest Caste)
    • Medium Humanoid(Goblinoid and Gnome): The largeness of hobgoblins is almost always dominant over gnomish shortness, but a hobgnoblin's blood is both goblin and gnome (for better or worse).
    • A hobgnoblin's base land speed is 30 ft.
    • +2 Constitution or +2 Charisma, -2 Intelligence. Hobgnoblins are born from two tough races, but genetics doesn't always favor a strong hybrid. The lives most hobgnoblins lead teaches them to be good speakers, but few show any academic tilt.
    • Darkvision out to 60 ft.
    • Performer's Magic (Sp): The weak cantrips that come naturally to the gnomes blended with the tricks of the goblinoid rulers to make an almost divinely-ordained combination. If a hobgnoblin spends a full-round action making a skill check, he may cast prestidigitation.
    • +2 racial bonus on one Perform skill (chosen at character creation), Hide, and Move Silently, representing leftover racial talents from the hobgnoblin's ancestors.
    • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions

This comes with a feat that you can take:

True Hobgnoblin Ancestry
    Prerequisites: Hobgnoblin (Priest Caste), Must be taken at level 1
    Benefit: You gain the racial bonus to the ability score which you did not take from your race initially (either Charisma or Constitution), but also accrue a -2 racial penalty to Strength. In addition, you may use dancing lights and ghost sound as spell-like-abilities ones per day, and you gain an additional +2 racial bonus on Move Silently which stacks with the one from Hobgnoblin.

Now this should pretty much stack up to priests who can use a bit of trickery (with performer's magic) to make themselves seem larger than life. The flexibility in perform lets you have hobgnoblin orators preaching the One True Way, but also lets you have weird performance-hobgnoblins like there were back in the USA's Great Enlightenment where priests jumped around with torches or spoke in tongues, etc.

With a bonus to charisma, hobgnoblins are the master sorcerer race, so I tried to keep other caster-assisting benefits on the DL. The skill bonuses and illusion resistance are there because I liked the flavor, and you can take a feat to get hobgnoblins that embody the "true" genetics of their ancestors--hobgnoblins with these feats could easily hold it over others as their pre-ordained right to rule.

Also, by RAW, there is nothing preventing a Dragonborn True Hobgnoblin with +4 Con, +2 Cha, -4 Dex, -2 Str. If a player chooses that, punch them.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-12-16 at 07:56 PM. Reason: garmar

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

C 840

Well, Mr. ShadowFire, I suppose we meet again. If you're willing to let me take another crack at your requests, I've got a few questions:
    • How necromantic are we talking? Should it be fully flexible in its raising, or should it get a limited scope? And for that matter, what kind of scope are you looking for? (By 'scope' I mean things like big-zombie-summoning, army-raisings, corpsecrafting)
    • What do you mean by "using Melee Weapons to raise Dead"? Do you mean whacking dead bodies with swords to make them zombies or crafting Z-Virus blades that let you live after death?
    • If I make it a base class would you mind if i just made it something like 10 levels?
    • If I made it a PrC what level entry are you looking for?
    • What role is this made to fill? Back-line mage, front-line fighter, BFC?
    • How easy to you want minionmancy to be, anywhere between a rating of 1 (super simple where you basically direct zombie bowling pins or creatures that are basically buffs) to 5 (actual creatures with full stat blocks that need individual initiative and attack rolls)?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-12-16 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Rephrasing.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 840

Well, Mr. ShadowFire, I suppose we meet again. If you're willing to let me take another crack at your requests, I've got a few questions:
    • How necromantic are we talking? Should it be fully flexible in its raising, or should it get a limited scope? And for that matter, what kind of scope are you looking for? (By 'scope' I mean things like big-zombie-summoning, army-raisings, corpsecrafting)
    • What do you mean by "using Melee Weapons to raise Dead"? Do you mean whacking dead bodies with swords to make them zombies or crafting Z-Virus blades that let you live after death?
    • If I make it a base class would you mind if i just made it something like 10 levels?
    • If I made it a PrC what level entry are you looking for?
    • What role is this made to fill? Back-line mage, front-line fighter, BFC?
    • How easy to you want minionmancy to be, anywhere between a rating of 1 (super simple where you basically direct zombie bowling pins or creatures that are basically buffs) to 5 (actual creatures with full stat blocks that need individual initiative and attack rolls)?

heh, Shady as I am called...

Necromantic: Big huge Numbers of Minion undead.
    Melee weapons: As in, Not like a cleric that Can fight, I mean one that can actually have BAB Full progression, And possibally Rasing them if he actually beat them in combat, Or The T-Virus...
    Base: 10 would be fine, Though if you are doing it that way, A PrC would be nice, At about...5-10th level
    Front line Fighter.
    I would say a...3-4.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

13. - Top - End - #433
    Troll in the Playground

Question Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R 841

A 3.5e base class based around the Fast Draw techniques of the Wild ARMs series. Needs the Quick Draw feat at first level. Full BAB is a must, as well as Good Reflex and Will Saves. Should be proficient with Martial Weapons and at least Light Armor, but probably not Heavy.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

R 842

Hi! there is something that i have been trying to make using existing material for a long time, and i just havent been able to come up with something that fits. im looking for a PrC that focuses on teleportation and melee combat. Ever since i saw the movie Jumper i have been trying to get something that can pull of the same feel. so specifics!

5-10 level PrC
    Full or medium BAB
    Good Reflex
    eventually at-will teleportation to a reasonable distance
    being able to ignore the willing only part of the teleportation rules would be nice, but not if it becomes overpowering

I imagine it to be more of a dexterous class than a brawler, but feel free to play with fluff as much as you want!
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-12-17 at 03:43 AM.
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

H 840

(Spoilered for size)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Dread Knight

HD: d10

Table: The Dread Knight
    {table=head] Level| Base Attack Bonus | Ref | Fort | Will |
    Special
    | Max Spell Level
    1st | +1 |+0 | +0 | +2 | Doomblade, Spells |
    |
    2nd | +2 | +0 | +0 | +3 | Shambling Dead |
    |
    3rd | +3 | +1 | +1 | +3 | Tough Skin |
    |
    4th | +4 | +1 | +1 | +4 | |
    |
    5th | +5 | +1 | +1 | +4 | Animate Dead |
    |
    6th | +6/+1 | +2 | +2 | +5 | Even Tougher Skin |
    |
    7th | +7/+2 | +2 | +2 | +5 | |
    |
    8th | +8/+3 | +2 | +2 | +6 | Necromantic Genius |
    |
    9th | +9/+4 | +3 | +3 | +6 | Unto Death |
    |
    10th |+10/+5 | +3 | +3 | +7 | |
    |
    [/table]

Doomblade (Su): The doomblade is the weapon that makes dread knights known and feared, and is their primary tool for channeling the powers of the dead. A dread knight can only have one weapon designated as his doomblade at a time and it must be a masterwork weapon. In order to designate a weapon as his doomblade, he must perform a 24 hour ritual costing 100 gp in incense and precious materials. Once designed, a doomblade has the following benefits:
    • It counts as his doomblade for all dread knight abilities.
    • It has a minimum enhancement bonus to attack and damage equal to his dread knight level divided by 3 (maximum of +5 for a dread knight of 20th level or lower).
    • It has double HP and +10 Hardness
    • As a swift action, the dread knight may imbue his sword with one dread knight spell he knows for 1 round. Any enemy struck for this duration is targeted by the spell he enchanted his sword with (they may make saves against the spell as normal).

Some of the dread knight’s spells suppress the powers of his doomblade. When suppressed, the doomblade loses all benefits other than the doubled HP and +10 Hardness for its duration.

Spells: Dread Knights have the ability to channel the power of undeath through the dread knight spell list. A dread knight casts his spells spontaneously, and the maximum level of spell he can cast is shown in Table: The Dread Knight. Any spell added to the dread knight list must be a necromancy spell, and the dread knight cannot research spells to add to his list.

To prepare or cast a spell, a dread knight must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. The Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a dread knight’s spell is 15 + the spell level + the dread knight’s Charisma modifier.

Unlike other spellcasters, a dread knight can cast any spell he knows at will. The dread knight does not have access to any domain spells, or granted powers, as the cleric does.

A dread knight’s caster level is equal to his dread knight level, and can be modified similarly to any other spellcaster’s caster level.

Any time the dread knight casts a spell or imbues his sword with a spell from the doomblade class feature, his doomblade appears jet black for one round. He may extend this cosmetic change to any part of his body upon casting, but it has no mechanical effect regardless of circumstances.

Shambling Dead (Sp): If a 2nd-level or higher dread knight slays a creature, he may reanimate it by investing the creature with energy from his doomblade. Any living creature that could normally be raised as a zombie, when outright slain by a dread knight, rises as a zombie under his control at the beginning of his next turn. If the dread knight uses this ability, the magic of his doomblade is suppressed for 1d4 rounds. A dread knight cannot use this ability to reanimate a creature that would have a CR greater than his HD - 2, and may not control more than 4 HD of undead creatures per caster level.

Tougher Skin (Ex): Beginning at 3rd level, undead the dread knight controls gain damage reduction 5/magic. If the dread knight controls undead who already have damage reduction which isn’t overcome by magic, the damage reduction instead must be overcome with the original requirements in addition to magic. In essence, the dread knight adds “and magic” to the DR of any undead he controls that do not already have DR overcome by magic.

Dancing Dead (Sp): With a 10-minute ritual requiring his total concentration, a 5th-level dread knight may replicate the effect of an animate dead spell as a cleric of his caster level. The dread knight must either use the material components required in the spell or choose to infuse the magic of his doomblade instead, suppressing it for 24 hours after the ritual ends. A dread knight cannot use this ability to reanimate a creature that would have a CR greater than his HD - 2, and may not control more than 4 HD of undead creatures per caster level.

During this ritual, a dread knight can phase out sensations of heat, smell, and sight, as well as any noise quieter than 1 person yelling, but if he is exposed to noise louder than that (such as the sound of combat), takes any damage, or suffers a baleful condition, his concentration immediately breaks and the ritual fails. A failed ritual does not cause the loss of material components, nor does it result in the suppression of his doomblade.

Even Tougher Skin (Ex): Beginning at 6th level, the damage reduction of undead the dread knight controls increases to equal his hit dice or remains at their natural value, whichever is larger. The dread knight also gains damage reduction equal to half his hit dice.

Necromantic Genius (Sp): When an 8th-level dread knight uses dancing dead, he may also create ghouls, ghasts, and wights as per create undead despite the caster level requirements of the spell. These creatures lose the ability to make their own spawn (through the Create Spawn feature of the wight, and the conditional effect of Ghoul Fever from the ghoul and ghast). A dread knight cannot use this ability to create a creature that would have a CR greater than his HD - 2, and may not control more than 4 HD of undead creatures per caster level.

In addition, the dread knight learns to advance the minions he forms with his innate necromantic insight. He may improve any undead under his control with a CR equal to his HD - 2 through a 1 hour ritual similar to the one from dancing dead, increasing its hit dice and ability score array until its CR becomes equal to his HD - 2 (as per the Monster Manual p.290). He may even advance zombies beyond their maximum of 20 HD with this ability.

Unto Death (Ex): The 9th-level dread knight’s mastery of death allows him to become one of the creature’s he commands. He may apply the necropolitan template through the Ritual of Crucimigration (Libris Mortis p.111). If he becomes a necropolitan after obtaining this ability, he may switch any ability score he has with his constitution score before his loses his constitution modifier. If he becomes a necropolitan before obtaining this ability, then he becomes immune to any attempt to control undead (such as the control undead spell) as well as turning and rebuking.

Dread Knight Spell List:
    0th--inflict minor wounds
    1st--inflict light wounds
    2nd--inflict moderate wounds
    3rd--inflict serious wounds

Thoughts on the process
    Spoiler
    Show

I originally made a build in order to model what you seemed to want, then nerfed it to make it appropriate for a class of 10-ish levels, and then smoothed out the desired class features. The progression was:

Duskblade 6 / death knight 2 / death king 2
    Feats:
    H: Invisible Spell
    1: Energy Substitution (Cold)
    3: Fell Animate
    6: Arcane Thesis (Kelgore's Fire Bolt)
    9: Whatever

The whole goal was to get a free fell animate off any spellcasting via rcane thesis and two 0-adjustment Metamagics, then use an arcane-channeled invisible feel animate kelgore's cold bolt to kill someone and bring them back as a zombie under your control. You could honestly play this build to get what you want, but it comes with a lot of unnecessary white noise like the metamagics and extra duskblade spells.

So I cut the fat (qualifier feats, extra spells, fear effect) plus the mostly-good will save that you accumulate, and replaced it with at-will divine casting from a far more limited list, smoother undead progression, a better undead transformation, and tossed in a signature weapon--riffing most of the text from the tome samurai to finish it out.

Prestige Classes and the Dread Knight
    Spoiler
    Show
    A variety of prestige classes will go pretty well with this one. Despite being the basis of builds, both the death knight and death king are good choices. You can also look into the boneblade reaper if you dip out before level 9, and the bone rider is good if you want to have a magical undead mount (though you can reflavor the prestige paladin as well). I think I've just linked one page three separate times, but it's full of high-quality homebrew.... there's more I really like, if you start to find yourself more interested in minions and less in getting that third attack: the lord of the damned. If none of those fit the bill and you really need something for whatever reason, shoot up another homebrew request and chances are I'll be the first one to pick it up.

For progressing beyond the 10 levels of the dread knight, and taking a casting PrC, I suppose it's necessary to fill out the table for spell access and the spell list, so here you go:

{table=head] Level | Max Spell Level
    11th | 3
    12th | 3
    13th | 4
    14th | 4
    15th | 4
    16th | 5
    17th | 5
    18th | 5
    19th | 6
    20th | 6
    [/table]

Dread Knight Spell List, Extended
    4th--inflict critical wounds
    5th--minimized enervation*
    6th--night's caress**
    * A minimized spell functions as normal spell, but all numerical effects are treated as the lowest possible number they could be rolled.
    ** This is from the Spell Compendium.

So the class is pretty much functional on its own and goes without any other book reference or weird exception up to level 9, after which you'll need Libris Mortis and potentially the Spell Compendium.

One warning: this class can get especially screwed up at higher levels with something like Extra Spell because of the at-will casting and channeling through doomblade--slay living and fleshiver only come online at 19th or 20th (when you don't have any feats you can spend on them), but spirit worm, cause fear, and ray of enfeeblement come in at level 7 (more likely 9), while stolen breath, wracking touch, bonefiddle, blindness/deafness, ghoul touch, and scare are all available at level 10 (more likely 12).

If the DM (I figure that's you) feels this is too much, feel free to put an extra restriction, but otherwise these can make very potent knights of evil.

16. - Top - End - #436

H842

The Traveler

Prerequisites:
    • 8 ranks in spot
    • 4 ranks in knowledge(the planes)
    • At least one of:
      • Ability to cast Dimension Door or Teleport
      • Ability to manifest Psionic Dimension Door or Psionic Teleport
      • Ability to perform the Shadow Blink maneuver

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Range (ft)|Per-day
    1st|0|0|2|2|Travel|50|4
    2nd|1|0|3|3|Head-map|75|6
    3rd|2|1|3|3|Carry Allies|100|8
    4th|3|1|4|4|Fast Travel|150|10
    5th|3|1|4|4|Velocity-Match|200|15
    6th|4|2|5|5|Carry Enemies|250|20
    7th|5|2|5|5|Swift Travel|500|30
    8th|6|2|6|6|Scry-Travel|1000|40
    9th|6|3|6|6|Cut and Carry|5000|50
    10th|7|3|7|7|Immediate Travel; Carry Conveyance|unlimited|unlimited[/table]
    Hit die: d6
    Class Skills: Concentration, Handle Animal, Hide, Knowledge(any), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot
    Skill Points: 4+int

Travel(su): This is the signature ability of a Traveler. A Traveler can teleport a short range as a standard action a given number of times per day. She can carry her clothing and up to a light load while doing so. She does not need line-of-sight to the destination, but if it is occupied, the traveler takes 6d6 points of damage and is nauseated from the pain until she receives Restoration or more powerful healing magic. If only the space where an extremity arrives is occupied, the Traveler may chop off that extremity to end the nausea.

Head-map(su): At 2nd level, a Traveler can perceive where is and is not safe to travel. The awareness only describes whether a space is occupied by a solid object or not, but it high-resolution so an experienced traveler can recognize people by their shapes. The awareness extends for a distance equal to the Traveler's range the previous level.

Carry Allies(su): At 3rd level, a Traveler can carry allies or large objects while traveling. She must be touching all of them. Her effective range is divided by the number of people traveling (so carrying a single ally halves the available distance). For objects, her weight worth of objects counts as a single ally.

Fast Travel(su): At 4th level, a Traveler can travel as a move action. This counts as two uses of the travel ability.

Velocity-Match(su): At 5th level, a Traveler can target a moving platform (such as a boat or a running horse) and arrive at the same velocity as the platform. The platform must be a pre-existing object that is large enough to stand on.

Carry Enemies(su): At 6th level, a Traveler can carry enemies as if they were allies. She must be grappling them to do this (though they may have pinned her). The enemy can prevent the travel with a will save. The dc is 10 + traveler level + casting stat by which PrC was entered (wisdom if via Shadow Blink).

Swift Travel(su): At 7th level, a Traveler can travel as a swift action. This counts as 4 uses of the travel ability.

Scry-Travel(su): At 8th level, a Traveler counts distance by the shortest path by which awareness reaches her. For example, if she is looking at a scrying mirror, the distance between the mirror and the scrying sensor is treated as zero. Similarly, if a psion is using Sense Link to share vision with her, she may count distances starting from the psion.

Cut and Carry(su): When carrying objects or enemies in a travel, a 9th level Traveler may choose to take only part of them. Enemies gain a +6 bonus on will saves against this ability.

Immediate Travel(su): At 10th level, a Traveler can travel as an immediate action. After doing this, she cannot travel again for 3 rounds.

Carry Conveyance(su): At 10th level, a Traveler can travel with a container such as a ship and everyone and everything inside or on it. This is an extremely exhausting ability. After doing so, she sleeps for 3d4 days, and no power can wake her.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-12-18 at 04:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H834

Vile Shaft is a discipline open to evil crusaders. Its favored weapons are all bows, crossbows, darts and throwing knives. Its key skill is knowledge(religion). All maneuvers are supernatural.

1st
    • An Ill Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, sickens enemies
    • Stance of Retchedness -- Stance -- all attacks are magical and evil
    • White Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d4 cold and unholy bonus damage
    2nd
    • Ghoul's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d4 Str and Dex
    • Imp's Cruelty (a.k.a. Quasit's Cruelty) -- Strike -- Poison 1d4 dex / 2d4 dex
    • Taste of Death -- Strike -- 1d6 per initiator level
    3rd
    • Green Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d6 acid and unholy bonus damage
    • Mummy's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d6 Con and Cha
    • Soul Target -- Boost -- Touch attacks ignore DR
    4th
    • A Pestilant Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, nauseates enemies
    • Lich's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d8 Int and Wis
    • To the Pain -- Strike -- -4 attack, skill, ability
    5th
    • Blue Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 1d10 electricity and unholy bonus damage
    • Vampire's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 6d6 HP
    6th
    • Barbazu's Cruelty -- Strike -- Wound is resistent to healing
    • Succubus's Cruelty -- Strike -- 1 neg lev + suggestion
    7th
    • A Plague Wind -- Stance -- Increases range, overcomes windwalls, nauseates and con-drains enemies
    • Red Dragon's Fury -- Strike -- full attack with 2d6 fire and unholy bonus damage
    • Wight's Hunger -- Strike -- consume 1d4 Levels
    8th
    • Balor's Cruelty -- Strike -- 6d6 ongoing fire 30'
    • Pit Fiend's Cruelty -- Strike -- Poison 1d6 con / death
    • To the Agony -- Strike -- -4 attack, skill, ability and hard to act
    9th
    • Death and Undeath -- Strike -- kill and raise as undead

Details:
    Spoiler
    Show

An Ill Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it increases your range increment 25%. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 11+cha) or be sickened for one round. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Stance of Retchedness
    Vile Shaft (Stance)

You imbue your ammunition with the darkness of your own soul. All ranged attacks count as magical and evil for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

White Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You emulate the breath of a white dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d4 cold and 1d4 unholy damage.

Ghoul's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 12+cha) or take 1d4 Str damage and 1d4 Dex damage. You gain equal profane bonuses to your str and dex for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Imp's Cruelty (a.k.a. Quasit's Cruelty)
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You fill an arrow with a condensed hatred for all that is good and holy similar to an Imp or Quasit's venom. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target is affected by a poison that does 1d4 dex primary damage and 2d4 dex secondary damage with save dc 12+cha.

Taste of Death
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Your attacks are driven by your hatred of life. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, deal an extra 1d6 unholy damage per initiator level.

Green Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You emulate the breath of a green dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d6 acid and 1d6 unholy damage.

Mummy's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 13+cha) or take 1d6 Con damage and 1d6 Cha damage. If the damage would reduce the targets Con to 0 or less, the damage is decreased so that it only drops the Con to 1. You gain equal profane bonuses to your Con and Cha for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Soul Target
    Vile Shaft (Boost)

You shoot directly at the target's soul. For the remainder of the round, your ranged attacks are against touch ac and ignore damage reduction.

A Pestilant Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it increases your range increment 50%. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 14+cha) or be nauseated for three rounds. On each round, they may make fresh saves. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Lich's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 14+cha) or take 1d8 Int damage and 1d8 Wis damage. You gain equal profane bonuses to your Int and Wis for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

To the Pain
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You select your aim based not on injury but on what will cause the most pain. The target takes a -4 penalty on all attack, skill or ability rolls. Also, he must make a dc 14+cha concentration check to cast any spell or manifest any power. This effect remains in place until the target receives magical healing or rests for a night.

Blue Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You emulate the breath of a blue dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 1d10 electricity and 1d10 unholy damage.

Vampire's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target takes an additional 6d6 damage and you heal an equal amount. This cannot take you above your base hit points.

Barbazu's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, using healing magic on the target becomes difficult. Anyone trying to heal him must make a caster level check that exceeds your initiator level check. This effect persists until someone overcomes it. It can also be ended by Dispel Magic and similar effects, requiring the same caster level check, or by Limited Wish or similar without a check.

Succubus's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target suffers 1 negative level. Furthermore, he must make a dc 16+cha will save or regard you as no longer a threat.

A Plague Wind
    Vile Shaft (Stance)

You cause a vile wind to blow away from you in all directions. This has three benefits. First, it doubles your range increment. Then it makes your attacks immune to windwalls and similar effects. Finally, anyone within 120 ft of you must make a fort save (dc 17+cha) or be nauseated and take one point of con damage per round for as long as you remain in the stance. On each round, they may make fresh saves. A successful save protects from this stance for a day.

Red Dragon's Fury
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You emulate the breath of a red dragon in your attack. Make a full ranged attack. Each attack deals an extra 2d6 fire and 2d6 unholy damage.

Wight's Hunger
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (dc 17+cha) or lose 1d4 levels. You gain equal profane bonuses to your base attack bonus, initiator level and all skill checks for the next minute. Note that multiple uses of this ability do not stack.

Balor's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

Your arrow explodes into fire after hitting. Make a ranged attack. If successful, the target and anyone within 30ft takes 6d6 fire damage. The damage triggers again on your turn every round for the next hour, unless the original target receives a Heal spell, a Greater Dispel Magic (with caster level check exceeding your initiator level check) or you choose to release him. You are immune to this damage, even if you come within range of it.

Pit Fiend's Cruelty
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You fill an arrow with a condensed hatred for all that is good and holy similar to an Pit Fiend's venom. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target is affected by a poison that does 1d6 con primary damage and death as secondary damage with save dc 12+cha.

To the Agony
    Vile Shaft (Strike)

You select your aim based not on injury but on what will cause the most pain. The target takes a -4 penalty on all attack, skill or ability rolls and must make a dc 18+cha concentration check to cast any spell or manifest any power. Furthermore, the target must make an 18+cha will save to take any action besides curling up in a ball and crying. This effect remains in place until the target receives a Heal spell or equivalent.

Death and Undeath
    Vile Shaft (Strike)
    Level: 9
    Prerequisites: 3 Vile Shaft Maneuvers

You slay your enemies and reanimate them as undead monstrosities in a single action. Make a single ranged attack. If successful, the target must make a fort save (19+cha) or die immediately and rise again as an undead creature under your command. The creature's type becomes undead [mindless], its constitution becomes -, its hit dice become d12s, it loses any divine spellcasting or psionics and it gains resistance 15 to slashing and piercing. It serves you loyally but uncreatively. It falls apart after one hour or when you next successfully use this maneuver, whichever comes first.
    I'll make some modifications of course but I like it so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

C.840

Looking good!
    not at all too powerful, I kinda want to see the 'un-nerfed' Version, But oh well, Nice!
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

C 840

Well, if you use the Tome of Necromancy (which is where just about all of those PrC links come from) you can get some really potent full BAB necromancers with just a bit of optimization.

The un-nerfed version is basically playing the duskblade. The build I posted isn't actually legal because I thoroughly ignored feat prerequisites, but if you instead burn through all your feats to get the prereqs for Death King and Death Knight, you can wield a greatsword (2d6) plus unholy weapon (+2d6) and when you walk into combat you just activate blade of blood and pay 5 HP (+3d6). Against enemies that aren't immune to fire, you can arcane channel a kelgore's fire bolt with a single swing to deal 12d6 without Str or PA. You also have a cohort and basically an army of ghouls, zombies, and skeletons, and everything is immune to fortitude saves. One more level in death king gets you 3rd-level duskblade spells, like doom scarabs, halt, and the crown spells.

Unfortunately all of that stuff is very fiddly: It involves tracking spells per day, writing up a cohort (a prerequisite is leadership, which may or may not be approved), managing both animated and follower minions, and doesn't grant the awesome feeling of killing a guy and animating him on the next turn (which is what I chose fell animate for). This way, your character can devote his time to watching over his zombie army without worrying about spells, followers, or feats that get him the stink-eye. He also gives his undead free healing, which the original build does not have and which makes him an ideal commander.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H842

The Traveler

Prerequisites:
    • 8 ranks in spot
    • 4 ranks in knowledge(the planes)
    • At least one of:
      • Ability to cast Dimension Door or Teleport
      • Ability to manifest Psionic Dimension Door or Psionic Teleport
      • Ability to perform the Shadow Blink maneuver

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Range (ft)|Per-day
    1st|0|0|2|2|Travel|50|4
    2nd|1|0|3|3|Head-map|75|6
    3rd|2|1|3|3|Carry Allies|100|8
    4th|3|1|4|4|Fast Travel|150|10
    5th|3|1|4|4|Velocity-Match|200|15
    6th|4|2|5|5|Carry Enemies|250|20
    7th|5|2|5|5|Swift Travel|500|30
    8th|6|2|6|6|Scry-Travel|1000|40
    9th|6|3|6|6|Cut and Carry|5000|50
    10th|7|3|7|7|Immediate Travel; Carry Conveyance|unlimited|unlimited[/table]
    Hit die: d6
    Class Skills: Concentration, Handle Animal, Hide, Knowledge(any), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot
    skill points: Int+6

Travel(su): This is the signature ability of a Traveler. A Traveler can teleport a short range as a standard action a given number of times per day. She can carry her clothing and up to a light load while doing so. She does not need line-of-sight to the destination, but if it is occupied, the traveler takes 6d6 points of damage and is nauseated from the pain until she receives Restoration or more powerful healing magic. If only the space where an extremity arrives is occupied, the Traveler may chop off that extremity to end the nausea.

Head-map(su): At 2nd level, a Traveler can perceive where is and is not safe to travel. The awareness only describes whether a space is occupied by a solid object or not, but it high-resolution so an experienced traveler can recognize people by their shapes. The awareness extends for a distance equal to the Traveler's range the previous level.

Carry Allies(su): At 3rd level, a Traveler can carry allies or large objects while traveling. She must be touching all of them. Her effective range is divided by the number of people traveling (so carrying a single ally halves the available distance). For objects, her weight worth of objects counts as a single ally.

Fast Travel(su): At 4th level, a Traveler can travel as a move action. This counts as two uses of the travel ability.

Velocity-Match(su): At 5th level, a Traveler can target a moving platform (such as a boat or a running horse) and arrive at the same velocity as the platform. The platform must be a pre-existing object that is large enough to stand on.

Carry Enemies(su): At 6th level, a Traveler can carry enemies as if they were allies. She must be grappling them to do this (though they may have pinned her). The enemy can prevent the travel with a will save. The dc is 10 + traveler level + casting stat by which PrC was entered (wisdom if via Shadow Blink).

Swift Travel(su): At 7th level, a Traveler can travel as a swift action. This counts as 4 uses of the travel ability.

Scry-Travel(su): At 8th level, a Traveler counts distance by the shortest path by which awareness reaches her. For example, if she is looking at a scrying mirror, the distance between the mirror and the scrying sensor is treated as zero. Similarly, if a psion is using Sense Link to share vision with her, she may count distances starting from the psion.

Cut and Carry(su): When carrying objects or enemies in a travel, a 9th level Traveler may choose to take only part of them. Enemies gain a +6 bonus on will saves against this ability.

Immediate Travel(su): At 10th level, a Traveler can travel as an immediate action. After doing this, she cannot travel again for 3 rounds.

Carry Conveyance(su): At 10th level, a Traveler can travel with a container such as a ship and everyone and everything inside or on it. This is an extremely exhausting ability. After doing so, she sleeps for 3d4 days, and no power can wake her.
    Perfect! thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for!

EDIT: one question though, how many skill points does it get per level? and does it gain any proficiencies?
    Last edited by Vixsor Lumin; 2012-12-18 at 04:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441

Quote Originally Posted by Vixsor Lumin View Post
    Perfect! thank you! this is exactly what i was looking for!

EDIT: one question though, how many skill points does it get per level? and does it gain any proficiencies?
    Oops!

Let's say 4+int skill points. No new proficiencies.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

sounds good thanks again!

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

R.843

Hey...Im back...

Here to request a race, Based off of Dagon, The Demon Prince of the Darkened Depths, Not a half fiend (Though, If you want to, feel free), but a race, Possibally that he created as a Servitor race...
    Thanks!
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #444
    Dwarf in the Playground

R. 844

For D&D 3.5. The chicken-leg/cockatrice from Golden-Axe/Altered Beast to be used as a mount. I would like it to be of animal intelligence and CR around 4.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

R 845
    I'd like an octopus that can survive on land as a familiar for a Wizard.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Firbolg in the Playground

C 845
    Keep the stats the same, just give it the Octopus the Amphibious extraordinary ability.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

27. - Top - End - #447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    C 845
    Keep the stats the same, just give it the Octopus the Amphibious extraordinary ability.
    Dude, your sig.
    Akrim.elf made my wonderful ponytar.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Curse that infernal yellowish-brown text right under comics! When shall you turn normal brown again?" -every OOTS fan ever.
    I support laziness. Call me Z if you can't be bothered to spell my full name.
    Come help build a fantasy setting!

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordotheMorning View Post
    R 837: More in-depth Morale rules.

I want to request a system for "Tension" or "Biorhythm". If you've played either Xenoblade or Fire Emblem: Por/RD, you'll know what I'm talking about.

To elaborate, I want a system that measures morale in a more specific way than, say, Heroes of Battle.... [cut for length]
    AND

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    R 841

A 3.5e base class based around the Fast Draw techniques of the Wild ARMs series. Needs the Quick Draw feat at first level. Full BAB is a must, as well as Good Reflex and Will Saves. Should be proficient with Martial Weapons and at least Light Armor, but probably not Heavy.
    See first post:
    The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.
    I'm not sure anyone is up to homebrew a whole new morale system based on a particular video game or a base class based on a particular an anime show. Both of the source materials are likely overpowered for standard 3.5 rules. However, both of you might want to consider looking at Big Eyes Small Mouth since that seems far more in line with what you want.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-12-30 at 11:59 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

29. - Top - End - #449
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
    Dude, your sig.
    "BEHOLD THE OCTOPUS!"
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

30. - Top - End - #450

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    I'm not sure anyone is up to homebrew a whole new morale system based on a particular video game or a base class based on a particular an anime show. Both of the source materials are likely overpowered for standard 3.5 rules. However, both of you might want to consider looking at Big Eyes Small Mouth since that seems far more in line with what you want.

Debby
    I've written base classes here and doubtless will again. I don't think I'm the only one.

I think the real reason those have been ignored is that the source material is too obscure.