New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1471
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LIV:E Long and Pony!

Chapter 8 of II is finished. I think from now on I'll skip the ponythread prereading process and just publish the chapters when I'm done with them. Not that I don't appreciate the feedback when I get it, I just can't justify delaying each chapter like this. Better to just publish it and let everyone read and critique it.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm not seeing how super successful author equal nobility. Or are you referring to something else?
    Well, I suggested above that writing novels that appeal to Celestia would be a way to get into the nobility, and it's been my headcanon as well that Twilight is a noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Sadly, accounting is one of those unfortuneate professions where "bucking the trend" is synomamous with "unemployed" .
    One again, the terms "accounting" and "law" are interchangeable. Although I'm at least still a student, so we'll see, maybe I'll get a government job where they don't care about that sort of thing.

News edit: It seems that WalMart is, in fact, not hipster at all. They just need better focus groups (or we're all really out of touch and vintage characters are actually more appealing to more people).
    Last edited by Anarion; 2012-10-10 at 02:30 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    News edit: It seems that WalMart is, in fact, not hipster at all. They just need better focus groups (or we're all really out of touch and vintage characters are actually more appealing to more people).
    I'm telling you some brony out there put it together in the design office as a joke and to his/her utter dismay... it got mixed in with the real submissions and the execs just went with.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'm telling you some brony out there put it together in the design office as a joke and to his/her utter dismay... it got mixed in with the real submissions and the execs just went with.
    I figured it was a trademark issue. Didn't Hasbro lose a lot of the rights to older gen characters for basically neglecting to reapply for them? Walmart might have been trying to save on royalty payments and figured that the older gen was "just as good."

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    And that why Twilight called it "Daring Do and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue" instead, it's the original title from the manuscripts instead of the published title.

And I see that Twilight is from nobility is catching on.
    I blame "Platinum Crown," myself. Shame that story is going a little bit off the rails as it goes on, but as an example of world building I think it's still pretty stellar
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-10-10 at 02:53 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I figured it was a trademark issue. Didn't Hasbro lose a lot of the rights to older gen characters for basically neglecting to reapply for them? Walmart might have been trying to save on royalty payments and figured that the older gen was "just as good."
    I was thinking that too since it is Wal-Mart we're talking about.
    Also, my local Wal-Mart, despite being of the "super" variety, carries very little MLP merch.

Well flank is out of common parlance since about a year ago now...
    Unless we're talking about steaks. :q
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

It would have been an awesome hipster shirt if they had actually managed to get all the correct old-school ponies on it. As it is it's just half-assed.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I suggested above that writing novels that appeal to Celestia would be a way to get into the nobility, and it's been my headcanon as well that Twilight is a noble.
    Sure and I do find the idea of Celestia knighting ponies for random acts that she enjoys hilarious. (Bake a cake become a duke )

Still it doesn't seem like the idea has gotten any more support lately.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I figured it was a trademark issue. Didn't Hasbro lose a lot of the rights to older gen characters for basically neglecting to reapply for them? Walmart might have been trying to save on royalty
    The shirt has Applejack on it, which is one of the trademarks that Hasbro held onto, so that's not likely. I honestly think they just ran some focus groups with girls ages 5-40 and found a bunch of people that liked the older gen ponies and only had passing familiarity with the term "bronies."

In other news, Pinkie Pie hacks Google Chrome...again.

And also, this picture is awesome and perfect for pony day.
    Spoiler
    Show
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    So in the recent blindbag wave, I notice something:

Twilight's mom is the author of the Daring Do books?
    silly...Fluttershy is the author....how else do you think she can afford to feed and doctor up all those animals(and offer 10 bits for a cherry)
    because as we all know, THERE IS NO PEGASUS MAFIA

Spoiler
    Show
    now comes the work of id'ing each of those ponies....
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    That just made my day. Thanks!
    Truth resists simplicity.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    You can check your work here

And using the full size will probably help too. (Reaally huge)

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Colossus in the Playground

Chapter 8 of II is finished. I think from now on I'll skip the ponythread prereading process and just publish the chapters when I'm done with them. Not that I don't appreciate the feedback when I get it, I just can't justify delaying each chapter like this. Better to just publish it and let everyone read and critique it.

I am sorry, I fell behind before and will not have time to catch up until December due to school.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Darn it to heck.... I'm -struggling- to get my paper done so I can submit it tomorrow... and yet I can't focus because I've got this bloody song in my head! I ran into it last night, and have been listening to it since freaking midnight! It makes me sick, and yet I can't stop listening to it! I don't understand it!

Do you mean order of episodes timeline? Because it definatly does not go in chronological order in the show. There isn't an official one but some fan ones seem pretty solid.
    Hm... it seemed like some of the second ones came before the first season ended, actually...

Luna arrived with an unplanned lightning storm and is yelling at everypony. They think she's angry at them and their scared of her wrath. After that their nervous about being around somepony with that much power and no idea of how she's like.
    I don't see how they even have a holiday based around her at all... it just doesn't quite add up in my head. In the first episode, no one recognised her but Twilight, who had actually researched her. You'd think they would if there was a holiday based on not ticking off this person.

Additionally, Zecora seemed to be the local expert for this holiday, telling it to the little chillin'. Yet Zecora wasn't even really treated as a member of Ponyville for a while, with everyone as freaked out by her as they were by Luna.

The cogs are trying to turn, but so far it's just overheating...

The statue doesn't look that much like Nightmare Moon and likely wouldn't be on ponies minds when being confronted by a strange alicorn and eternal night.
    I'd be willing to argue that. If Frosty the Snowman came back from whatever evil snowhill he came from, I'd be sure to be ready and waiting for him, even if he looked a bit diffeent.

Plus she wasn't acting like the 'Santa Claus' version of herself. She wasn't trying to eat anyone and was speaking perfectly normal.
    ... fudge, my brain keeps shutting down mid thouht when I get to this line. Is Luna the Santa Claus version, or Nightmare Moon?

She's actually pretty aloof and shy in the episode. But she's too proud to admit it so she's acting in what she feels is a regal manner to make up for it.
    Again, I understand the regalness. I don't understand her having a perfectly normal dialect with Celestia and in her return, then going Macbeth for the holiday. Heck, compare her dialog to that of her briefly ironic appearance in the final episode.

Well school comes first as always. I know my own writing has been put on hold as I study.
    I still haven't finished the work I was supposed to do yet... got a freaking earworm in my head, sapping my will to do anything but smile and feel happy...

Like I said before I don't think your story sounded unoriginal. Give it a shot!
    ... do you mean trying to work more on the first one? Or trying to write some sort of blob to provide a taste of the second one? It's hard being so formal with these things... especially when I can see what types of things inspired the work, too...

If you want to draw then go for it. But please tell me you weren't being literal when you said they broke your hands to stop you from drawing
    It's not like I have to deal with those people anymore now, so it's not a problem or anything.

I'm just so out of practice, I don't even know where to begin... I've always prefered hand-drawing, too, which means I'll need to find something to enable me to draw it and then get the computer to accept it...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Alright, ponythread.

I've decided that we ALL need some good old fashioned brain-bleach. Why? I dunno, but brain-bleach is always good!

Please enjoy the cute.

Spoiler
    Show

Would you believe, at least in me, the song I'm listening to has been sturing up so many feelings of happyness and love, that I'm actually feeling desensitised to the otherwise ****ing adorableness of baby gilda?

Also, the pillow reminds me of a 'mon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Oh, man. Bwobs? It feels like it's been ages since we had Bwobs in the thread.
    Have some Bwobs.

Spoiler
    Show
    I thought you said boobs. I was scared to click the link for a second....

Where on earth did Bwobs come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Would you be able to spare a couple hundred bucks for a set of ties?

I especially like the Raritie.
    ... I can only imagine someone going into a work place, serious, pointy haired and everything... with a tie like one of those. I wouldn't know how to respond to a boss like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wow. I've been in a terrible mood lately. It doesn't help I still don't have a job, and while my roommate isn't pressing the issue, I still feel guilty I'm not paying anything to be here. Even worse, I don't spend any time with him. To be fair, he does basically what I do all day. Browse the web, talk with online friends. He's in the Vector Club on Deviant Art too, so he spends a lot of time on that and updating his TWO Tumblrs. So, really, unless he has plans for us to do something together (and I'm broke so it would have to be free, usually it's chilling and watching something on NetFlix. Waiting for Archer Season 3 to pop up). Plus I'm already rather antisocial, but when I lived in Alabama, I spent most weekends with my friends (if I didn't have to work). We played Magic or D&D, or I watched em play video games (rarely got involved, not really a fan of most newer games, which could have killed my opportunity at a crappy part-time job at Gamestop). Anyway, I lost my train of thought. I think the point I was trying to make was:

I've been listening to MLP today mostly out of boredom (new NCIS episode was good though). The episode with Doodle just came and went. I remember this pony personality test I took. Not the one everyone has that only had the Mane 6, it was another that had other characters too. I don't remember which ones, but I ended up with Spike (and I can understand that to some points). I realized after the episode, that I am probably more like Cranky. At the end, Pinkie's letter mentions still being friends with someone even though you don't spend time with them. That's kind of how it is with me and my roommate I guess.
    I hope your situation improves (mostly by you being able to at least find a job, which would be a very good break in this economy). But I have to note how conveniently timed things around one's life can be. Lessons from your favorite show, or messages from church, or the lecture for school... Fate's just odd like that.

And, since this entire post isn't self-looking emo stuff, I looked up Cranky's voice actor, because I enjoyed his little nuances. Like Rarity, and I don't need to link the "why Tabitha is the best pony actress" again. Anyway, being obsessed with finding out who voiced who, I noticed Richard Newman, who voiced Cranky, also voiced Totosai in Inuyasha, and Captain Ginyu in one of the many incarnations of Dragon Ball z. Fun.
    ..... Cranky Doodle Dandi is the Illustrious Captain Ginyu!?! Can he do a pose, too?

Maybe. Assuming seasons act the same way as they do in the real world, we can guess that a year had passed in season 1. Maybe more. Winter Wrap Up, then a few episodes later, Fall Weather Friends. This would assume that the Gala took place around late fall, maybe early winter. Then again, I believe the forests looked pretty green. Season 2 is harder because there's no real indicators there. Again, assuming their holidays fall on the same time period as ours, Luna Eclipsed and Hearth's Warming Eve tell us that fall and winter had passed. Most REAL shows don't even indicate time periods (How I Met Your Mother being a good exception, but in that case time is important). Most people just assume that each season is a year (in Scrubs, it's pretty much confirmed, because they mention at the beginning of most seasons about their "fourth year", or "fifth year", and they have a nice fourth wall breakage for this in season 8). So you can say two years. However, we also know that Spike has only had one birthday while in Ponyville, as we learned in Secret of My Excess. So...continuity problems? I mean, I can understand a bit in this show anyway, but they do a pretty good job of having everything pretty explainable.
    I guess... what, the Mk3mantra, was it? I feel like it makes more sense for more time to have passed... long enough for only 1-2 birthdays, maybe off screen...

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Mwahaha.

Scariest. Avatar. Ever!!

Also, happy second ponyversary everyone!
    Did you hand draw that? It's really good...

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Okay, now I'm picturing an episode where AJ gets drunk and throws a BETTER party than Pinkie Pie. Pinkie, not willing to accept second-best Pony position, plays "Keeping up with the Jones" and throws an even bigger party of Epic proportions.

Hilarity Ensues.
    ..... I wonder how many other epic fan ideas can be turned into an episode, especially one that comes with a built in lesson about being able to share the things you enjoy.

In anycase, I'd totally watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    The more time you spend near me...
    Lixie, you're like the Morrigan Aesland of this group. An elicit incarnation of lust shipping that corrupts the pure and innocent around you for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    This cannot possibly come as a surprise to you at this point.
    It's not... at least not the basic subject matter. Not to mention there's really not too much else you can make ... saucy, for lack of a better word, on a pony, so on a basic level, I completely understand...

It's just... dang, ya'll -really- like dat flank! I thought -I- liked my share of big butts...

Well flank is out of common parlance since about a year ago now...
    The thing is, I still hear about flanks, and flanking, and covering eachother's flanks, and flanking people... but before this group, that was all completely mature, strategic talk, involving attacking or defending from behind.

And now, I can't reread that paragraph withot thinking about pony butt.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Unless we're talking about steaks. :q
    Wait what?

... no, nevermind.

.... actually no, better I learn here where it's safe...

..... but I'm not sure if I'm ready to know yet....

...... DARN IT I DON'T KNOW!!!

I think from now on I'll skip the ponythread prereading process and just publish the chapters when I'm done with them. Not that I don't appreciate the feedback when I get it, I just can't justify delaying each chapter like this. Better to just publish it and let everyone read and critique it.

I can barely write myself, let alone properly critique... I'm still reading through the Nightmare Sonata... though I have no idea who Lyra is. Or Octavia. Not to mention Bon Bon...

Still, sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Are those all from the show, or just pony versions of the actual cast and crew?

Still probably less silly an undertaking than this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-10 at 05:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Still probably less silly an undertaking than this:

Spoiler
    Show
    Pff. That's easy.

They're all Boris.

All changeling drones are always called Boris.

I thought everypony knew that.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I am sorry, I fell behind before and will not have time to catch up until December due to school.
    Seems like a common problem of late. Hopefully things will pick up soon, I'm starving for feedback here. I need looooove and adoration

I can barely write myself, let alone properly critique... I'm still reading through the Nightmare Sonata... though I have no idea who Lyra is. Or Octavia. Not to mention Bon Bon...

Still, sorry...
    You don't need to give me a detailed critique or anything, just your completely subjective thoughts and reactions will be fine. I'm always happy to hear any feedback, even if it's just "I liked it"

As for the characters, all three are background ponies without a lot of speaking roles in the show. BonBon has had a few brief lines (all with different voices, which is becoming a bit of a running joke), Lyra only one and Octavia none so far.

Lyra (left) and BonBon (right)
    Spoiler
    Show

Octavia
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Pff. That's easy.

They're all Boris.

All changeling drones are always called Boris.

I thought everypony knew that.

Seems like a common problem of late. Hopefully things will pick up soon, I'm starving for feedback here. I need looooove and adoration
    You need love and adoration? You should have been Fluttershy.

You don't need to give me a detailed critique or anything, just your completely subjective thoughts and reactions will be fine. I'm always happy to hear any feedback, even if it's just "I liked it"
    .... dear god that makes me so much happier; I can stop being scared of needing to write another essay, just to try to enjoy a work of art.

As for the characters, all three are background ponies without a lot of speaking roles in the show. BonBon has had a few brief lines (all with different voices, which is becoming a bit of a running joke), Lyra only one and Octavia none so far.

Lyra (left) and BonBon (right)
    Spoiler
    Show

Octavia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I see. You guys are almost as bad as the Touhou fanom when it comes to breathing life into every single possible being in existance. Shoulda seen this when I realised you ship even concepts...

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Lixie, you're like the Morrigan Aesland of this group. An elicit incarnation of lust shipping that corrupts the pure and innocent around you for fun.
    I object only because pure and innocent are portrayed as more positive.

I prefer to say, enlightens those trapped by society and prudish traditions.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I object only because pure and innocent are portrayed as more positive.

I prefer to say, enlightens those trapped by society and prudish traditions.
    Yeah, sure thing, Darkstalker.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-10 at 06:23 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    So that's what onion skinning means.
    *makes notes*
    Well, to be more precise, in this context, onion skinning just means you have images of the previous frames partially visible beneath the frame you're currently drawing. Non-digital animators use tracing or transparent paper for that sort of thing. It's, like, onions come in layers, apparently, and you can peel the skin off and see more layers of onions, and that's where the term originates.

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Trauma Center. And the main character in that had magical powers so...
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is even better when the most recent game in the series, Trauma Team, has several different main characters. I wonder what Pony-Eagle-Man would look like. Wait, no, check that. I don't want to know what Pony-Eagle-Man would look like.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

You need love and adoration? You should have been Fluttershy.
    I'm more like a changeling, really ...

.... dear god that makes me so much happier; I can stop being scared of needing to write another essay, just to try to enjoy a work of art.
    It really means a lot to get a comment, even if it's just one or two lines. I wish people commented on stories more often.

Ah, I see. You guys are almost as bad as the Touhou fanom when it comes to breathing life into every single possible being in existance. Shoulda seen this when I realised you ship even concepts...
    Idle minds, I suppose

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, sure thing, Darkstalker.

If you're going to be so rude and insulting, then I curse thee. The hand of the shipping goddess shall never touch thee, until thine apologies find the heart of her prophet.
    (Thunder rumbles menacingly)
    (turns, flounces away)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're going to be so rude and insulting, then I curse thee. The hand of the shipping goddess shall never touch thee, until thine apologies find the heart of her prophet.
    (turns, flounces away)
    D'aww, he didn't mean it, Lixie! C'mere~

*Beckons!*

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'm more like a changeling, really ...
    But, see, Fluttershy outfreaking adorables even the changelings. Even as an awkward teenager, she's the -best- filly, no question.*

It really means a lot to get a comment, even if it's just one or two lines. I wish people commented on stories more often.
    I'll try to finish it soon... I can read it in class tomorrow, since the professor already sent a copy of the notes.

Idle minds, I suppose
    Absorbed minds, more like it...

(turns, flounces away)
    ...... First of all, tell me you're not actually insulted by being a Darkstalker. Or do you not know that particular video game mythos? I'd sell my soul the second I could to gain such a prestigious honor...

Second of all, when has the shipping goddess ever touched me period? There's only one girl I'm interested in now, anyway, so I suppose it's better that I'm not distracted.

Third of all, you have prophets? .... like, clergy prophets? Oh god...

And lastly, I appologise for offending.... darkstalker. :p

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    D'aww, he didn't mean it, Lixie! C'mere~

*Beckons!*
    I'm guessing you're one of her priests.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I did just throw down the gauntlet.

.... actually, to be in the flavor of this thread,

Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-10 at 06:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Dwarf in the Playground

BECAUSE REPOSTING MEMES IS FUNNY!
    In the arena of logic I fight UNARMED!!!

Current Avatar by zimmerwald1915
    Former Avatars by the amazing Dirtytabs
    Former avatar 1

Former Avatar 2

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

You know, this is especially apropos, what with all the rumors floating around that Bleakbane is actually a pretty pony princess.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by CrnivorousMeece View Post

BECAUSE REPOSTING MEMES IS FUNNY!
    To your credit, it is.

You know, this is especially apropos, what with all the rumors floating around that Bleakbane is actually a pretty pony princess.
    Does that mean Lixie's his Shining Armor?

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

...... First of all, tell me you're not actually insulted by being a Darkstalker. Or do you not know that particular video game mythos? I'd sell my soul the second I could to gain such a prestigious honor...
    I have no idea what a Darkstalker is even referencing. The implication I was insulted by was that I was evil and corrupting.

Second of all, when has the shipping goddess ever touched me period? There's only one girl I'm interested in now, anyway, so I suppose it's better that I'm not distracted.
    The touch of the shipping goddess would be shipping. Denying you her touch would be saying 'you never get shipped'.
    AKA, no love for you.

Third of all, you have prophets? .... like, clergy prophets? Oh god...
    I am the prophet, not the goddess.

And lastly, I appologise for offending.... darkstalker. :p
    I can read white text. >_> Explain what a darkstalker is so I should know whether I should be annoyed or not.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

I have no idea what a Darkstalker is even referencing. The implication I was insulted by was that I was evil and corrupting.

The touch of the shipping goddess would be shipping. Denying you her touch would be saying 'you never get shipped'.
    AKA, no love for you.

I am the prophet, not the goddess.

I can read white text. >_> Explain what a darkstalker is so I should know whether I should be annoyed or not.
    It's a videogame, Lixie. A p. cool one, I think.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

I know that much. I looked it up. Is he just calling me a character from a 2D fighter? O_o

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Firbolg in the Playground

... I can only imagine someone going into a work place, serious, pointy haired and everything... with a tie like one of those. I wouldn't know how to respond to a boss like that...
    I can only imagine these things being aimed at young urban professionals, the hipsters who don't care. Besides, they're subtle enough that unless people started looking closely at the things on the pattern, they'd pass for regular ties.

Oh, you have no idea. Consider this (bloody huge screen-stretching) image:

Spoiler
    Show

Count how many ponies there are. I guarantee you that the majority of them have had anywhere from two seconds to five minutes in actual show canon.

I also guarantee that each and every one has been named; each one has a story written about them. For each and every one, there is a headcanon.

Example time: Look to the far right, where there is a grey pony, playing cello while being harassed by a white unicorn with a blue mane. Between the two of them, they have perhaps a total of five minutes of canon screen time, including the show promo "Equestria Girls."

The fandom has decided that they are named, respectively, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. They both live in Canterlot, working jobs as a cellist and DJ, respectively. (DJ-P0N3 is Vinyl's DJ tag, and is actually ascended fanon at this point.) Depending on whom you ask, they are good friends, roommates, or caustic lovers.

Like I said, you have no idea.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!