New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [3.5] The Stuffy Doll Vs the Playground (V.1 ~ V.28)

There has to be an actual DM, since he's called out in one of Stuffy's special rules.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

What about:
    Use before mentioned methods to get to stuffy doll -> Factotum level 20 -> Cunning breach (removes all spell resistance and damage reduction) -> if needed, the spells than negates the various planar effects -> spell (supernatural ability?) that kills on failed spell resistance check

Checked, the doll is not immune to class features. I'm sure I can finde more handy class features and get them with Cunning Brilliance.

Cunning Surge, Cunning Dodge, and Cunning Brilliance could also come in handy.

I'm sure a more cunning mind than mine could figure the footwork out.

Also, if it works, it seems like a no-cross-classing factotum possible could do it alone with the right pick of spells. Nice xD

Alternatively: I can get whatever cohort I want you say? Why not a Stuffy Doll, if not, a guy that can casts all the spells I need casted while I suspend my self with before mentioned spell so I don't get another turn. Simply, my cohorts do it, and I'll never get my second turn...
    Last edited by CthulhuEatYou; 2012-10-06 at 05:27 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Curse effects allies too. That's why I tried passing the baton to someone who wanted me to die. Many possibilities open up with a day and no curse.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

4. - Top - End - #364
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    Curse effects allies too. That's why I tried passing the baton to someone who wanted me to die. Many possibilities open up with a day and no curse.
    Figured that out :)
    My problem is finding out exactly how spell immunity works. This is my best clue: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/spellImmunity.htm

Also, I think, that cunning dodge would actually render you immune to the karma effect, so a damage spell combo maybe
    Edit: Yes, yes it would.
    Last edited by CthulhuEatYou; 2012-10-06 at 07:05 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Okay, back like a bad habit. I have to say, my other ideas fell flat due to missing some key factors, so like a dog with a bone, I came back with my original idea, modified.

I am the aforementioned archivist/wizard/dwoemerkeeper thing I said before with Truespeak and Knowledge Truename. My wizards tower is more akin to a stately manor home, where I have a certain penchant for gardening by hand, unaided by magic, though many of my cohorts would call it an obsession.

On the turn I am cursed, I enact dextercorvia's trick for N standard actions through Greater Arcane Fusion and Celerity Abuse, and do everything in my power to call it to me, teleport to it, gate, divine, everything that a wizard normally can do. Finding my abilities aren't working due to my constant failures of the Truespeak skill, or other, I should realise something is up.
    Using three more standard actions, I dimension door to the windowbox flower bed I tend once per day before I prepare my spells in the morning in my study. I take a stone from the windowsill, and cast Magic Mouth on it with the following Message:
    "Death imminent, twelve seconds. Cursed, [day] [month] [hour] [minutes], Stuffy doll. Research and counter. North-east Vegetable Patch Contingency."
    With the condition of triggering when I am within 20 feet.
    I then use Teleport through time on the stone.

My past self from a day ago recieves the message +/-8 minutes. He then questions his bard cohort, who has stacked his Bardic Knowledge to insane levels to get me all the information from legend.
    Unsure if I am the first victim of Stuffy Doll since it's new incarnation or not, I wait until the moment before I am cursed, and use my Custom 9th level spells in the manner outlined here, using some dexterity boosting spells with long durations to win initiative.

Failing this, I repeat the Magic Mouth, Teleport through time combo, adding the words "Attempt [number]" to the magic mouth each time. The North-east vegetable patch contngency is an unworked peice of earth which is being re-fertilizaed and hasn't been touched in a few days, giving my past selves more time to attempt to resolve the Defeat of the Stuffy doll.

Alternative version: Once I have torn the Stuffy Doll to my location, I use a Super Natural Command undead, being an undead with no intelligence score, it cannot resist my attempt to control it, and use this as a new means of world domination as I so choose.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 02:44 AM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

=>One Step Two
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    Okay, back like a bad habit. I have to say, my other ideas fell flat due to missing some key factors, so like a dog with a bone, I came back with my original idea, modified.

I am the aforementioned archivist/wizard/dwoemerkeeper thing I said before with Truespeak and Knowledge Truename. My wizards tower is more akin to a stately manor home, where I have a certain penchant for gardening by hand, unaided by magic, though many of my cohorts would call it an obsession.

On the turn I am cursed, I enact dextercorvia's trick for N standard actions through Greater Arcane Fusion and Celerity Abuse, and do everything in my power to call it to me, teleport to it, gate, divine, everything that a wizard normally can do. Finding my abilities aren't working due to my constant failures of the Truespeak skill, or other, I should realise something is up.
    Using three more standard actions, I dimension door to the windowbox flower bed I tend once per day before I prepare my spells in the morning in my study. I take a stone from the windowsill, and cast Magic Mouth on it with the following Message:
    "Death imminent, twelve seconds. Cursed, [day] [month] [hour] [minutes], Stuffy doll. Research and counter. North-east Vegetable Patch Contingency."
    With the condition of triggering when I am within 20 feet.
    I then use Teleport through time on the stone.

My past self from a day ago recieves the message +/-8 minutes. He then questions his bard cohort, who has stacked his Bardic Knowledge to insane levels to get me all the information from legend.
    Unsure if I am the first victim of Stuffy Doll since it's new incarnation or not, I wait until the moment before I am cursed, and use my Custom 9th level spells in the manner outlined here, using some dexterity boosting spells with long durations to win initiative.

Failing this, I repeat the Magic Mouth, Teleport through time combo, adding the words "Attempt [number]" to the magic mouth each time. The North-east vegetable patch contngency is an unworked peice of earth which is being re-fertilizaed and hasn't been touched in a few days, giving my past selves more time to attempt to resolve the Defeat of the Stuffy doll.

Alternative version: Once I have torn the Stuffy Doll to my location, I use a Super Natural Command undead, being an undead with no intelligence score, it cannot resist my attempt to control it, and use this as a new means of world domination as I so choose.
    *Scribble* Carry the infinity... Divided by Zero... Multiplied by... Hmm... Damn... Creative... Sure you don't kill him, but you manage to avoid his grasp and I'm liking the Dexter (boy genius) reference Not even sure you were making it, but eh

I want to give this win to you, but... I really can't since that doesn't kill the Stuffy Doll and only lets you run from him forever

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    There has to be an actual DM, since he's called out in one of Stuffy's special rules.
    I like to assume that my DM's are actually Lich's whose Phylacteries are actually Spheres of Annihilation
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

7. - Top - End - #367

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    =>One Step Two
    Spoiler
    Show

*Scribble* Carry the infinity... Divided by Zero... Multiplied by... Hmm... Damn... Creative... Sure you don't kill him, but you manage to avoid his grasp and I'm liking the Dexter (boy genius) reference Not even sure you were making it, but eh

I want to give this win to you, but... I really can't since that doesn't kill the Stuffy Doll and only lets you run from him forever
    Now, see, I thought that the reference might be lost on some , but how did I not kill it? I will admit, I am being quite liberal with the custom spell creation rules to get to this point, but I thought it would work rather well.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to specify, I want to kill it on the turn it would have killed me, but beating it on initiative before it can curse me.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 03:09 AM.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Now, see, I thought that the reference might be lost on some , but how did I not kill it? I will admit, I am being quite liberal with the custom spell creation rules to get to this point, but I thought it would work rather well.
    Because the spell requires you to make a Truenaming check and if you're using Bigby's slapping glove as a point of reference then it's kind of moot since it is still getting a saving throw. I'm just not seeing a destruction. Gimme a turn by turn use and try stating out the spell. Might help me understand.

AND! I watched that show every day from when I was 7-14... ain't no way I wouldn't get that reference

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to specify, I want to kill it on the turn it would have killed me, but beating it on initiative before it can curse me.
    There is no initiative count for Stuffy Doll. it's just the moment you're 2nd round starts, you automatically die

9. - Top - End - #369

SamuraiGuy

Because the spell requires you to make a Truenaming check and if you're using Bigby's slapping glove as a point of reference then it's kind of moot since it is still getting a saving throw. I'm just not seeing a destruction. Gimme a turn by turn use and try stating out the spell. Might help me understand.

AND! I watched that show every day from when I was 7-14... ain't no way I wouldn't get that reference
    Then we have more in common than just a love of DnD

There is no initiative count for Stuffy Doll. it's just the moment you're 2nd round starts, you automatically die
    Sorry, I'm running on empty, and should get to bed, allow me to elaborate the turn action based on my past-self's step, taking into account the warning via Magic mouth:

X turns before Stuffy Doll affects My Characers Past Self with his curse: Prepare with various buffs, Cat's grace, Inspire competence, and others.

Turn that my Past Self catches up to my self: Instead of being caught unaware by the curse, he is ready, and begins by using his Custom 9th Level Truespeak Dependant spell to bring the Stuffy Doll to his Location. Where before he would try this and fail without a chance to succed, he should be allowed an to attempt to seize initiative.
    [Note: Because there is no wording to dictate the type of action used for Stuffy Doll to apply it's curse, it's defaulted to a Standard Action, as outlined here, thus my character has a chance to act, as he has been forewarned.]
    Same turn: If my past self was able to win initiave and use his first spell, Upon the arrival of the Stuffy Doll, my past self still has the initative, and uses his immediate action to cast Celerity for another standard action, so that he may Cast his other custom 9th level Truespeak spell that destroys the Stuffy Doll with No save, and No SR, think of it as the mother of all Power Words.
    Turn after the Stuffy Doll is destoyed: My past self is Dazed, but otherwise unharmed, and has averted his death due to being extraordinarily lucky to have these abilities, and fears for his future that the Stuffy Doll may come back with a vengance.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 03:37 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Then we have more in common than just a love of DnD
    Ugh, I'm trying to find an online RP group so this love has become an obsession of sorts (or a quest... That rewards no XP or gold... *flips table*)

=>One Step Two
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, I'm running on empty, and should get to bed, allow me to elaborate the turn action based on my past-self's step, taking into account the warning via Magic mouth:

X turns before Stuffy Doll affects My Characers Past Self with his curse: Prepare with various buffs, Cat's grace, Inspire competence, and others.

Turn that my Past Self catches up to my self: Instead of being caught unaware by the curse, he is ready, and begins by using his Custom 9th Level Truespeak Dependant spell to bring the Stuffy Doll to his Location. Where before he would try this and fail without a chance to succeed, he should be allowed an to attempt to seize initiative.
    [Note: Because there is no wording to dictate the type of action used for Stuffy Doll to apply it's curse, it's defaulted to a Standard Action, as outlined here, thus my character has a chance to act, as he has been forewarned.]
    Same turn: If my past self was able to win initiave and use his first spell, Upon the arrival of the Stuffy Doll, my past self still has the initative, and uses his immediate action to cast Celerity for another standard action, so that he may Cast his other custom 9th level Truespeak spell that destroys the Stuffy Doll with No save, and No SR, think of it as the mother of all Power Words.
    Turn after the Stuffy Doll is destoyed: My past self is Dazed, but otherwise unharmed, and has averted his death due to being extraordinarily lucky to have these abilities, and fears for his future that the Stuffy Doll may come back with a vengance.
    But, doesn't this tactic rely on your actually succeeding in using your Truespeak check?

11. - Top - End - #371

SamuraiGuy

Ugh, I'm trying to find an online RP group so this love has become an obsession of sorts (or a quest... That rewards no XP or gold... *flips table*)
    The harrows of finding a good group >.< been there, been on the phone a dozen times trying to organise an RL game this week.

But, doesn't this tactic rely on your actually succeeding in using your Truespeak check?
    Yes, all this is dependant on the Truespeak check, the whole point of forewarning was beating the Stuffy Dolls initiative, to pull him into being infront of the caster, before the Stuffy Doll can use his Stuffy Doll (Ex) ability. If the caster is successful in getting the higher initiative, he is not subject to the Curse or any other afflictions yet. He then uses his two spells before the Doll has a chance to act, pre-empting his own demise.

As I mentioned before with a CR of 8, the character with 23 Truespeak ranks, and +14 because of +4 starting int mod, +2 for levels, a +5 inherent bonus, and a +3 enhancement from an Int headband, for a total of 37, he can make the DC31 Truepseak Check, even on a roll of a 1, because natural 1's on a skill check are not an automatic failure.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 04:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

The harrows of finding a good group >.< been there, been on the phone a dozen times trying to organise an RL game this week.
    Meh... I'm just feeling ilk... Ever since I moved, it's been hard to find (and keep) a group and I'm not sure this Forum actually has a RL meet up section or anything (at least I can't find it...)

Yes, all this is dependant on the Truespeak check, the whole point of forewarning was beating the Stuffy Dolls initiative, to pull him into being infront of the caster, before the Stuffy Doll can use his Stuffy Doll (Ex) ability. If the caster is successful in getting the higher initiative, he is not subject to the Curse or any other afflictions yet. He then uses his two spells before the Doll has a chance to act, pre-empting his own demise.

As I mentioned before with a CR of 8, the character with 23 Truespeak ranks, and +14 because of +4 starting int mod, +2 for levels, a +5 inherent bonus, and a +3 enhancement from an Int headband, for a total of 37, he can make the DC31 Truepseak Check, even on a roll of a 1, because natural 1's on a skill check are not an automatic failure.
    I think you're not getting the nature of 「All Fiction」 It doesn't care about the skill check rules, It simply says you fail the skill check regardless of how high your modifier is

13. - Top - End - #373

SamuraiGuy

Meh... I'm just feeling ilk... Ever since I moved, it's been hard to find (and keep) a group and I'm not sure this Forum actually has a RL meet up section or anything (at least I can't find it...)
    Right here

I think you're not getting the nature of 「All Fiction」 It doesn't care about the skill check rules, It simply says you fail the skill check regardless of how high your modifier is
    I didn't.

All Fiction (Ex)
    To the Stuffy Doll, Divinity does not exist therefore it cannot effect the Stuffy Doll... When using Stuffy Doll on creatures with a Divine Rank, the Divine Rank is temporarily suspended from use. If the Immortals handbook is in use it creates a Quintessence Elemental when using this ability, the Quintessence Elemental attacks the Ex-Deity. In addition to this, when a target is cursed by the Stuffy Doll Curse, the creature becomes incompetent forcing it to automatically fail any and all Skill checks, ability checks and caster level checks.
    Hence my effort to get the drop on Stuffy Doll, aslong as I can go before it curses me, I can kill it.

Edit: Clarification: I myself am not traveling back in time, I am setting up a means for my past self to be aware of the attack, in order to get ahead of it.
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 04:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Right here
    figured that was just for PbP weird...

Hence my effort to get the drop on Stuffy Doll, aslong as I can go before it curses me, I can kill it.
    Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls consumed into the Stuffy Doll Monolith for the next 1,00 years as if trapped by a Soul Bind Spell.

This curse also extends to any Cohorts, followers or allies that it might have (Even Simulacrums and Ice Assassins under the victims control). This explains why many empires have seemingly vanished overnight. This curse transcends time and space making it so thar regardless of time stream the curse effects the subject regardless. This Victim is still cursed even if they manage to travel back in time.
    You are only aware of the fact that you are cursed, the moment you are cursed.

EDIT: I get it now, V.18 is dead. Next comment is will be the actual 19th incarnation.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2012-10-07 at 04:51 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

HELLO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN OF THE PLAYGROUND! I welcome you to enter a competition that test your Pineal Gland. You see the Stuffy Doll is a sort of experiment that I want to start running where I throw a nearly invincible creature in front of you (or on another plane or wherever really) and you try your best to kill it to the best of your abilities. The fun part is that you get

Benefits:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Access to 2 spell list with 20th level casting (9th level spells).
    • Unlimited WBL (This does NOT extend to followers and cohorts, you already have enough money).
    • Complete and utter control over how you approach the matter.
    • The Stuffy Doll is 100% immobile.
    • Infinite Leadership is A.O.K in this game.
    • As with all Theoretical Optimization challenges DM's fiat does NOT exist.

However there have to be some challenges of course

Challenges:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • The Stuffy Doll has Infinite SR and can make Any Saving Throw no matter how absurdly high.
    • In 2 rounds the creature will immediately kill you with no saves, no SR and without question.
    • After each victory, the creature is improved in some way shape and form (The location, an additional ability, a change in Creature type, etc.)
    • Diplomacy won't work against this creature.
    • Cohorts and followers are considered "victims" of the Curse if you so choose to use them.

Failed Models 1-13

I welcome you to challenge The Stuffy Doll Version 0.14-0.28

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist
    Stuffy Doll [Monolith V.19]

Size/Type: Huge Undead (Incorporeal)
    Hit Dice: 84,000,000d12 (1,000,000,000HP)
    Initiative: -5
    Speed: 0ft.
    Armor Class: 5,300 (-2 size, -5 dex, +5,297 unnamed), touch 5,300, Flat-Footed 5,300
    Base Attack/Grapple: +0/+8
    Attack: +0
    Full Attack: +0
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10ft.
    Special Attacks: Stuffy Doll, Purify, Karma
    Special Qualities: Hall of Origins*, Anathematic Secrecy, Spell Immunity, DR 15/-, Fire, Cold, Lightning, Acid & Sonic Resistance 20, Regeneration, Immune to Stuffy Doll, Immunity to Ability damage/drain, Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Bend Reality, Limited Wish and Vile Damage, Transcended Resurrection-Evolution, Archetypal Shape, Elder Evil Immunities, Planar Rend*, Emerald Tablets*, Freedom from Reality, All Fiction, Temporal Transition
    Saves: Fort: +8 Ref: +8 Will: +8 (Automatically Succeeds on a saving throw regardless of circumstance)
    Abilities: Str - , Dex 1, Con -, Int -, Wis 1, Cha 1
    Skills: None
    Feats: None
    Environment: Hall of Origins [50 miles from the Spire on the Outlands]
    Organization: Solitary
    Challenge Rating: 8
    Treasure: Hall of Origins (Magical Location)
    Alignment: Always True Neutral
    Advancement: N/A
    Level Adjustment: N/A

Transcended Resurrection-Evolution (Ex)
    This is the Stuffy Dolls most powerful and important ability. This abilities allows the Stuffy Doll to reform in the Hall of Origin once every 1,000 years, however the Stuffy Doll "learns" from it's previous errors and becomes stronger and stronger each time [Dungeon Master (Game Master) or "Challenge giver" applies a new ability to each incarnation of the Stuffy Doll]. This ability also allows it to extend its "consciousness" outward into Infinity (everything) and target a single creature with its Stuffy Doll ability. Whenever Stuffy Doll can use Stuffy Doll it can also extend it's "consciousness" towards another creature.

Stuffy Doll (Ex)
    Once per day, the Stuffy Doll can declare one target. No matter where that creature is in the Multiverse it will find the creature and kill it. If the creature manages to return to life somehow the stuffy doll will continue to kill it. Regardless of the Stuffy Dolls condition, nothing short of complete destruction will free the targeted creature from this curse. Once this curse is placed upon a creature the target has 2 rounds to response to it before it dies. The subject is automatically aware of being cursed. Creatures unfortunate to be cursed by the Stuffy Doll have there souls consumed into the Stuffy Doll Monolith for the next 1,00 years as if trapped by a Soul Bind Spell.

This curse also extends to any Cohorts, followers or allies that it might have (Even Simulacrums and Ice Assassins under the victims control). This explains why many empires have seemingly vanished overnight. This curse trancends time and space making it so thar regardless of time stream the curse effects the subject regardless. This Victim is still cursed even if they manage to travel back in time.

Karma (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is a living punishment tool and as a result it has learned to share it's pain with a creature that it has cursed. When a Stuffy Doll uses it's Curse upon a creature a link is created between the Stuffy Doll and the target begin to share a soul. In essence, the creature takes any damage that the Stuffy Doll takes with an additional 20 points of damage. This bond only works for damage sent from the victim. For example: Milee is targeted by a Stuffy Doll, Milee attacks the Stuffy doll with a heightened Orb of Sound dealing 23 sonic damage (accounting for resistance). In response, Milee takes 43 damage due to Karma.

The Damage dealt by Karma is Divine damage and bypasses Regeneration.

Purify (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll hates all life, and if given the option would willingly end all life in the Multiverse, however it also has a respect for Death and creatures it kills. Magic disrupts the balance of life and death so the Stuffy Doll respectfully cleanses his victims soul allowing them to continue the grand cycle. The victim is subject to a Disjunction Spell and then in the exact same moment is subject to a Greater Dispel Magic. This ability activates each round whenever an action is possible (on both the Stuffy Dolls and the Victims turn).

Hall of Origins (Ex)
    The Temple that houses the Monolith that is known as the Stuffy Doll houses a cruel secret. The Hall and all the creatures and contents are immune to all Divinations and Clairsentience effects, spells and powers for as long as it remains in the Hall. Magic items and Artifacts that are used while in the Hall of Origin are automatically teleported to Sigil inside a random merchants treasure chest.

[Hall of Origins] Emerald Tablets (Ex)
    Inside the Temple there are tablets that list all things that are absolute truths in creation. Anything not listed in this book simply cannot harm the Stuffy Doll, for it knows that it does not exist. Simulacrums and Ice Assassins based on the Stuffy Doll always turn on their creators and kill them and once they've completed the task, they self-destruct dealing 1d10 damage/HD of the original creature to all creatures within 5ft, however if they are unable to kill the target the Ice Assassin/Simulacrum just self-destructs. The Emerald Tablets, as they are connected with the Hall of Origins, are always treated as within the Hall of Origins (and thus the specific section of the Outlands it is in).

[Hall of Origins] Planar Rend (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll creates a 10 mile radius aura around it that prevents planar travel (Including those replicated by a Wish, Reality Revision, Miracle, Limited Wish, and Bend Reality). Any Gates or planar travels attempts immediately leads the caster/manifester to the City of Sigil. In addition to this Supernatural effects are neutralized entirely when used against creatures within this aura.

Freedom From Reality (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll is free from realities touch and as such nothing can lay there hands upon it. The Stuffy Doll is under the constant effects of a Freedom of Movement.

All Fiction (Ex)
    To the Stuffy Doll, Divinity does not exist therefore it cannot effect the Stuffy Doll... When using Stuffy Doll on creatures with a Divine Rank, the Divine Rank is temporarily suspended from use. If the Immortals handbook is in use it creates a Quintessence Elemental when using this ability, the Quintessence Elemental attacks the Ex-Deity. In addition to this, when a target is cursed by the Stuffy Doll Curse, the creature becomes incompetent forcing it to automatically fail any and all Skill checks, ability checks and caster level checks.

Temporal Transition (Ex)
    The Stuffy Doll, defies the laws of time and space. Regardless of time stream the Stuffy Doll's curse always stalks you no matter where or when you are. The curse effects all versions of the cursed entity (all past, present and future entities of them).

Anathematic Secrecy
    This malefic property shrouds an elder evil from discovery by divination spells of a divine origin. Any divine spell of the divination school automatically fails when used to ascertain information about an elder evil. Divination spells that are also arcane function normally if they are cast by a nondivine spellcaster. This ability is always active.

Regeneration (Ex)
    No form of attack deals lethal damage to the Stuffy Doll. The Stuffy Doll regenerates even if it fails a saving throw against a disintegrate spell or a death effect. If the Stuffy Doll fails its save against a spell or effect that would kill it instantly (such as those mentioned above), the spell or effect instead deals nonlethal damage equal to the creature’s full normal hit points +10 (or 868 hp). The Stuffy Doll is immune to effects that produce incurable or bleeding wounds, such as mummy rot, a sword with the wounding special ability, or a clay golem’s cursed wound ability.

16. - Top - End - #376

SamuraiGuy

figured that was just for PbP weird...
    I missed it too the first couple of times, I hope it helps

You are only aware of the fact that you are cursed, the moment you are cursed.

EDIT: I get it now, V.18 is dead. Next comment is will be the actual 19th incarnation.
    Woo, Thanks for giving me the last few days of obsessing over the challenge Arcanist, you're a great sport
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-10-07 at 04:56 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arcanist: Can you describe the nature of it's spell immunity ability? Apparently it doesn't work if the spell has no SR or save check?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuEatYou View Post
    Arcanist: Can you describe the nature of it's spell immunity ability? Apparently it doesn't work if the spell has no SR or save check?
    That is correct. Spell Immunity is a standard ability, and it functions like unbeatable SR.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

19. - Top - End - #379

Planetar

Clarification: Do you consider the Far Realms to be part of the Multiverse for the purpose of this challenge?

Also, how does All Fiction interact with spells and abilities that allow you to automatically succeed at a certain task. Normally, specific beats general, so I assume that if I have Freedom of Movement up, I would still automatically succeed at grapple checks? (Just as an example).

Is the use of pre-existing epic spells ok?
    => Dragonwrought, Favored In Guild for Knowledge (Arcana) 21, Knowledge (Religion) 21 at 20th level, Chaos Shuffle to get Epic Spellcasting.
    Would allow the character to use 2 Epic Spells. I'm in the process of going through my library to find out wether there's something applicable to the situation.
    Last edited by Aharon; 2012-10-09 at 03:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Halfling in the Playground

Does the universe have to survive? If I understand this correctly the hall has a list of everything in reality, so by destroying the list we destroy the doll (and everything else), but we can't get into the hall in two rounds.

1. Teleport ten miles away from the hall.
    2. Cast true creation to create a cube of electrons with no space between the particles.

The force of the black hole created should destroy the hall and everything in it, that or the plane would be destroyed.
    got the idea from the "lets destroy the sun" thread.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Just a quick check here, the Stuffy Doll can still be Called to you, yes?

Using the Infinate Action loop previously detailed, can I:

1:Locate the Sphere of Anihilation, and determine (Through divination) if it is currently under someone's control.
    If controlled:
    2:Teleport to 20' away from the Sphere of Anihilation
    3a: use my vast wealth and *ask* the current posessor of the sphere to use it on my behalf (If the starting attitude of the posessor is not "Unfriendly" or "Hostile" this should not even require a diplomacy check).
    3b: If that fails, I Disjoin the person, then Dominate them.
    4: Call the Stuffy Doll to within 10' of the Sphere
    5: Have the person controlling the Sphere bring it into contact with the Stuffy Doll. The Stuffy Doll is eiliminated.

IF the Sphere is *Not* currently in the control of someone else:
    2: Teleport within 15 feet of the Sphere of Annihilation
    3: Call the Stuffy doll, to 10 feet from me (Between myself and the Sphere)
    4: Attempt to seize control of the Sphere of Annihilation. I automatically fail, and the Sphere moves 10 feet closer to me. It comes into contact with the Stuffy Doll, and the Stuffy Doll is eliminated.

I believe the Sphere's ability trumps even Stuffy's regeneration. (It lists the condition as "Annihilated")
    Last edited by Acanous; 2013-01-31 at 09:16 PM.
    "You want to see how a Human dies? at ramming speed."