New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LII: 525.600 Ponies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I have never heard of muffins as a breakfast food. I always thought they were a snack for "when you have several minutes and are too lazy to cook something", basically like a donut, just less likely to have filling.
    I think what we have here, ah, Is a failure to...communicate.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

So, let me count votes so far...

Also! In new thread, part of the project teased here will be unwrapped! I wonder what it is? :<
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Titan in the Playground

That said, I wonder, what is everyone's favorite breakfast food here? That, and what do you consider breakfast food?
    I usually have a fruit smoothie, or nothing, for breakfast. I frequently skip breakfast because I get up fairly late so it's almost lunch anyway.

My favorite breakfast, though? That's a tough one, seeing how breakfast isn't a very big thing around here. Usually breakfast around here is bread or cereal. But I think I'd have to say corn bread. I have fond memories of eating corn bread for breakfast when I was a kid, usually in front of the TV watching Loony Tunes. Corn bread with shrimpy cheese spread (which we used to joke you got a prize if you could actually find a shrimp), and ... something a bit like donuts on Sundays. I loved that.

That was long ago, but corn bread ... damn, that was good stuff.

Oat porridge with milk is also heavenly. Or at least my memory of it is heavenly.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-09-07 at 06:25 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    WHAT?!
    Where?! Linkplsplspls!
    Here you go. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Hang on, how do you get proper muffins without cooking them? Everyone knows you can't get good pre-made food from stores.
    Yes you can you just aren't trying hard enough!

For breakfast foods I prefer toast, eggs, or waffles. I love scones.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I felt like showing a few nice humanized ponies before thread ends

Spoiler
    Show

I really, really like this one. Friendship is Witchcraft reference is pretty good, but the reference to the crystal ball in the song Gypsy Bard is just perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    My brother has been bugging me to install Linux on his netbook, and is trying to convince me to do it today by having it "sing" the My Little Pony Theme Song. To quote him:

"My Little Ponies, My Little Ponies, we used to be so different... We came a long, long, way... From... Equestria?"
    And, um... How is that supposed to work, again?

Also, Linux on netbook??

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oooooh, interesting. Does this mean that this season will have *gasp* a plot arc? "Adventures in the Crystal Empire" sounds like more than just a single episode, or even a two-parter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I bet you five bits that at best we'll see Status Quo is Trixie set in changed locale

I Want to Believe, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's more than the eyes, there's a general sheen to them, especially in the manes. Rainbow Dash's is the most obvious, but all of them except Cadence have it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You will be assimilated?

Though, less in Borg meaning and more in Monty Python's joke about Romans meaning.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ah that kind of muffin? Never really had an english muffin, with the exception of grabbing one for pulled pork when I ran out of rolls one day...
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...how am I the first person to think of that? Heck, they're even lightened (c.f. Discord-darkening).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darkened? They might have slight grey filter on, but it looked to me they were much lighter under it, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Filly yawning Twilight may be the most adorable thing ever.

In fact I challenge you ponythread to find a filly cuter then filly Twilight.
    Deal

Also, I think using fillyshy is cheating, but oh well :P

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Hey, um, so since I've got to get Linux on that guy's netbook anyways, anyone got any ideas for a wallpaper/login background I could chuck in to force him to tolerate? He doesn't actively hate the series, but he constantly expresses disappointment in my watching it. The more I can sour this, the better.
    Easy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    "responds to damage" is not the same as "pain"
    How you'd define pain then? Is human on painkillers no longer capable of either?

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Also, Bon Bond for best pony.
    Yes, she's great, though the concept is much older than this comic

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    how can you dislike waffles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Is it even legal to dislike waffles?
    If not, then you should expect an airship to break down your door in 4-6 weeks.
    That is a good question, waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps, and if you mix in some chocolate chips, it is like the most delicious breakfast food ever! Then again, I work nights, so my breakfast is at dinner time and I usually end up having dinner for breakfast, so I don't have waffles often enough to get sick of them.
    Too many times where they are like pancakes (which I'm not the biggest fan of either) only dryer and demanding enough syrup I should probably have just drank the corn syrup down. So bleh.

Also doing mostly my own cooking now I will add because a waffle maker can broadly speaking not be used for anything else.

That said, I wonder, what is everyone's favorite breakfast food here? That, and what do you consider breakfast food?
    Hash. Browns. With Eggs. (Good sausage and/or bacon on the side, it that order)

I have never heard of muffins as a breakfast food. I always thought they were a snack for "when you have several minutes and are too lazy to cook something", basically like a donut, just less likely to have filling.
    This is mind bending.... because donuts are especially a breakfast food. Now both are used as snacks but seriously I think muffins are the most common pre-prepared breakfast item I've encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Hang on, how do you get proper muffins without cooking them? Everyone knows you can't get good pre-made food from stores.
    Yes you can, especially baked goods which are time consuming and of no garuntee you will do them better.

(Not strictly relevant but also not every is as good still warm from the oven either though people talk about it that way. Some things are better cool or with time to sit)
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2012-09-07 at 06:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I came across a fanfiction genre about... "Fluffies" and I am now rather disturbed. This fandom can be quite creepy when it feels like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    (Not strictly relevant but also not every is as good still warm from the oven either though people talk about it that way. Some things are better cool or with time to sit)
    Bread products are a million times better fresh from the oven than cold, in my opinion. They lose a LOT when they cool down. Other things do need to sit and cool down, like lasagna. Lasagna is always better after a day in the fridge, or if you don't have the time to wait, then flash-cooled in the freezer.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Bugbear in the Playground

This is mind bending.... because donuts are especially a breakfast food. Now both are used as snacks but seriously I think muffins are the most common pre-prepared breakfast item I've encountered.
    Huh, odd. I have never once heard of donuts as a breakfast food. A snack yes, breakfast, not really. Usually where I work we sell them to people on their way home from work or the people working at the store who are on break.

Also, overnights at grocery store is rather nice, as around 2 in the morning the first batch of bread starts popping out from the bakery. Used to take a five minute break every day around 3:30 to grab and consume a fresh out of the oven muffin, until they jacked up the price on them.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestia --> Trollestia
    Cadence --> ?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Decadence?

Or she may take over Iron Hoof mantle, it's kinda dusty recently...

That is a good question, waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps, and if you mix in some chocolate chips, it is like the most delicious breakfast food ever! Then again, I work nights, so my breakfast is at dinner time and I usually end up having dinner for breakfast, so I don't have waffles often enough to get sick of them.

Mmmm, now I wish I could try.

And my country is kinda boring, everyone* eats the same breakfast

*Ok, it started to change after '89, western corn flakes and muesli being invasive foods, middle eastern food, too, but still, I bet 80-90% of people eats... Sandwiches. Except, they have nothing in common with US sandwiches, I'm told, so can't really name the food, besides the fact we were first and it's the US that has definition of sandwich wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Is it even legal to dislike waffles?
    In Soviet Capitalistic Poland, Waffle doesn't like you

Meaning, it's very, very niche food that is pretty much unknown to 95% of the population. At best, it's bastardized version is sold in amusement parks.

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    So I came across a fanfiction genre about... "Fluffies" and I am now rather disturbed. This fandom can be quite creepy when it feels like it.
    Ah yes ... Fluffy pony. Poor thing. I thought she was cute. That was before she apparently became such a massive subject of abuse that she needed an entire tag of her own to warn people

Huh, odd. I have never once heard of donuts as a breakfast food. A snack yes, breakfast, not really. Usually where I work we sell them to people on their way home from work or the people working at the store who are on break.

Also, overnights at grocery store is rather nice, as around 2 in the morning the first batch of bread starts popping out from the bakery. Used to take a five minute break every day around 3:30 to grab and consume a fresh out of the oven muffin, until they jacked up the price on them.
    I concur. I can see donuts as a dessert, maybe you have one to round off breakfast, but not as the main part of breakfast. Or, as you say, as a snack during the day.

Probably a cultural thing, of course.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Funny story here, I spent a lot of time in England, and the only muffins I ate were US-like ones, IIRC...

Hash. Browns. With Eggs. (Good sausage and/or bacon on the side, it that order)

Ah, eggs are popular here, too. Without bacon or sausage (western meaning) though, sometimes with polish sausages which trump every lump of meat sold as such in Anglo-Saxon countries, mmm... ^^"

Also, donuts and muffins here are exclusively déssert food, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Bread products are a million times better fresh from the oven than cold, in my opinion. They lose a LOT when they cool down. Other things do need to sit and cool down, like lasagna. Lasagna is always better after a day in the fridge, or if you don't have the time to wait, then flash-cooled in the freezer.
    Lasagna? Like, Italian one? Huh?

Hot is very meh, I agree, but cold? How?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I felt like showing a few nice humanized ponies before thread ends

Spoiler
    Show

Came in to the thread at a perfect time. Need more good human pony images.

Actually, I had some comments on something else. Watching through season 1 due to a great Youtube video I found (I'm still not sure about the legality of linking here, on MMOC we're not allowed to link full episodes), and these comments are about Suited for Success. Besides, I haven't done this in awhile:

song lyrics: Rainbow won't look like a Tank

Foreshadowing? Duh duh dun......

AJ: "What if it rains? Galoshes!"

Because the pegasi would totally schedule rain during the Grand Galloping gala? Why would ponies prepare for weather when they know it better than we do?

People call Rarity a name-dropper. But the mention of Hoity Toity was Spike's, and he and Twilight recognized him. on top of that, Spike said he spoke to him personally. So, what kind of status, individually, do Spike and Twilight even have in Canterlot? Would not the higher-ups of Canterlot during Sweet and Elite recognize her? And what exactly gives Spike the power to flame breath scrolls, but instead has them teleported to Princess Celestia? We know his history a little. Twilight raised him from birth. So, where does he get it? Does this confirm the theory that he is his own species of dragon, or at least one we haven't seen elsewhere?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-09-07 at 07:20 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

Bread is one pretty much without exception good like that.

I know though that my favorite dessert (Mom's cherry-chocolate cake with homemade frosting) tastes best after a day in the fridge to set the frosting and let the flavors settle. A lot of casserole esque dishes (lasagna's same idea) I've had tasted better as leftovers. Some hams but not all ham. I've known at least a dozen people to swear by reheated pizza.

I also like my apple pie out of the fridge, but there at least I know I'm a heretic.

Where's "here" for you? Because coffee and donuts in the morning is an old stand by in New England where I'm from.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Came in to the thread at a perfect time. Need more good human pony images.
    Oh? Here, then

Spoiler
    Show

song lyrics: Rainbow won't look like a Tank

Foreshadowing? Duh duh dun......
    There is also mention of bullets and army helmets

AJ: "What if it rains? Galoshes!"

Because the pegasi would totally schedule rain during thr Grand Galloping gala? Why would ponies prepare for weather when they know it better than we do?
    Ponyville pegasi do it only part-time and they have ponypower shortages anyway so they do crappy job?

I had excellent comic on this, but not sure if I can find it now...

So, what kind of status, individually, do Spike and Twilight even have in Canterlot? Would not the higher-ups of Canterlot during Sweet and Elite recognize her? And what exactly gives Spike the power to flame breath scrolls, but instead has them teleported to Princess Celestia? We know his history a little. Twilight raised him from birth. So, where does he get it? Does this confirm the theory that he is his own species of dragon, or at least one we haven't seen elsewhere?
    Status: little to none, I'd bet, outside of lesser castle ponies and castle staff.

Flame was supposedly result of Celestia's spell.

I prefer to pretend... Wait, dragon episode? What dragon episode?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    Lasagna? Like, Italian one? Huh?

Hot is very meh, I agree, but cold? How?
    Any lasagna, I should think, but certainly classic Italian lasagna. Never eat lasagna fresh from the oven, always let it sit in the fridge until next day, then don't warm it much above room temperature. That's perfect.

Bread is one pretty much without exception good like that.

I know though that my favorite dessert (Mom's cherry-chocolate cake with homemade frosting) tastes best after a day in the fridge to set the frosting and let the flavors settle. A lot of casserole esque dishes (lasagna's same idea) I've had tasted better as leftovers. Some hams but not all ham. I've known at least a dozen people to swear by reheated pizza.
    Pizza is good the next day too, shouldn't be reheated, though. I also agree some cakes, especially very heavy chocolate cakes and such, need to be cold.

I also like my apple pie out of the fridge, but there at least I know I'm a heretic.
    Yeah, that's just wrong. Fruit pie should be warm. Not hot, but warm

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Any lasagna, I should think, but certainly classic Italian lasagna. Never eat lasagna fresh from the oven, always let it sit in the fridge until next day, then don't warm it much above room temperature. That's perfect.
    I really don't know, for me, freshly melted, just cooled cheese is perfect...

If these only was a way to cool Lasagna evenly

Also! Before I forget! Votezzz!

Stashing ponythreads around in case of pony emergency 6
    Spawn More Ponylords 1
    You must construct additional Ponythreads 1
    The Only Canon is Pinkie's Party Cannon!
    Thread by Thread, Stiching an Adventure

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Titan in the Playground

Ponyville pegasi do it only part-time
    (giggles )
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Also! Before I forget! Votezzz!

Stashing ponythreads around in case of pony emergency 6
    Spawn More Ponylords 1
    You must construct additional Ponythreads 1
    The Only Canon is Pinkie's Party Cannon!
    Thread by Thread, Stiching an Adventure
    Additional ponythreads, if for no other reason, I'm a fan of Starcraft.

If not, I might steal that idea for Part 10 elsewhere. /shiftyeyes

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

I really don't know, for me, freshly melted, just cooled cheese is perfect...

If these only was a way to cool Lasagna evenly
    Drop it in liquid nitrogen, maybe? Certain fancy cooks are getting very creative with stuff like that, I hear

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Titan in the Playground

Funny story here, I spent a lot of time in England, and the only muffins I ate were US-like ones, IIRC...
    Well its probably like "French" toast and fries, neither of which are French and referred originally to their style.

English muffins presumably because they are so dry and bland. And bad. *ba-dumm tish*

Ah, eggs are popular here, too. Without bacon or sausage (western meaning) though, sometimes with polish sausages which trump every lump of meat sold as such in Anglo-Saxon countries, mmm... ^^"

Also, donuts and muffins here are exclusively déssert food, IMHO.
    Well properly speaking its generally labelled "breakfast sausage" in particular and we have other types of sausage through the whole day. And you can get polish sausage here, some even is the real deal, and it is good just not something I'd want for breakfast.

Also I've had sausage served I'm sure would be illegal in Poland (and any decent country) as an offense to common decency.

Pizza is good the next day too, shouldn't be reheated, though. I also agree some cakes, especially very heavy chocolate cakes and such, need to be cold.
    I do that too and I think I prefer only lightly reheated best.

Yeah, that's just wrong. Fruit pie should be warm. Not hot, but warm
    Excluding cherry pie and various lemon whatsits I presume?

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

Drop it in liquid nitrogen, maybe? Certain fancy cooks are getting very creative with stuff like that, I hear
    C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la cuisine

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Titan in the Playground

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la cuisine

Now don't go using yer Fancy there to muddy the issue.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

Excluding cherry pie and various lemon whatsits I presume?
    Possibly the lemon thingies, yes, if we're thinking of the same things.

I don't think I've ever had cherry pie, but I imagine it would work well warm too. Does sort of depend on what kind of fruit pie we're talking about.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Troll in the Playground

I can see donuts as a dessert, maybe you have one to round off breakfast, but not as the main part of breakfast.
    Well, Polish donuts are traditional main meal, for one day at least anyway ^^"

I don't think I've ever had cherry pie, but I imagine it would work well warm too. Does sort of depend on what kind of fruit pie we're talking about.
    What about szarlotka or faworki?

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly the lemon thingies, yes, if we're thinking of the same things.

Well the cherry pie I've had is has been made cold and also used a layer of I wanna say cream cheese or such thus starts approaching cheesecake just with a very different proportion of fruit and dairy.

That said that's only one recipe which I never made myself.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Troll in the Playground

I've done it, i have survived week 1 of classes!
    it involved adventure, intrigue, and me almost strangling one member of the administration, but I've done it!

so, ponythread, what'd i miss? did deadly ever get someone to look over that story?
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever: