New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC]

Saradinus

Myrokhan, the avatar, continues to tudor magicians that have not yet entered combat. In addition, Saradinus appeared in the dreams of the rebels to lead a counter-rebellion among the rebels. Saradinus put special emphasis on non-hatred, and forgiveness among the people.(Minor Godly Act to improve magical powers through dreams)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-18 at 10:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ikassi

After her sages arrived, Ikassi began work on the forest. As a large centipede, she burrowed under the Great Forest. A small tremor shook the seeds from the trees and the goddess gathered them. She began to sow the seeds in the land around the forest and, while doing so, turned and fertilized the soil so that the earth would be most hospitable to plants. Finally, she enriched the soil of the great forest with minerals so that the trees would grow slightly stronger and resistant to disease or rot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Three squares around the forest of Slamexo's choice have been tilled and sowed with forest seeds. Lupin will be able to colonize these three places far more easily than he would be able to alone.

She called to the Wolf God

I have done all I can do for your forest. You must do the rest. You must encourage the plants to grow quickly. You must convince people to live there.

3. - Top - End - #273

Erothayce

As his time-shifters explored the world they found another small amount of star metal and again put it into their wagons. Other small groups were exploring the ruins of the previous civilization and finding out amazing things. Erothayce continued adding to his great book and he began to experiment more with time travel and he grew so adept at it that he could phase in and out of time for a split second. This skill might come in handy if ever he was attacked.
    Awesome avatar made by Arokh

I have a love affair with cycling.

2789 Miles cycled Since the end of March 2009. Many more to come.

erothayce.tumblr.com

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

While Cyrus talked with Lupin, his avatar was busy. The golems were great in policing the city, but they weren't sentient, and so could not adapt to new situations easily. And so an order of clerics was developed. Wearing rune-enhanced scale mail and carrying rune-covered warhammers, these Hammers of Cyrus would be his elite. All of them totally loyal to Cyrus, they would do what he asked without question, trusting in him.
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"How much do we wish? For a starting figure why don't we say this much and I shall give you an easy journey back home. That seems fair to me for the blessing of the travel god is powerful indeed." Said Illopet's avatar.

Illopet himself sent his ogres at work to create a great tomb for the bodies of ogres. He also made on ogre work on making a great crown from the meteorite he got from Lupin.

Illopet sent a message to the God of Crafting "Can we have a meeting?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Responding to Cyrus, Lupin shook his head at his offer.

"I'm afraid you're too late, Ikassi's already bargained up the whole load. But, for future reference, my people have absoloutely no use at all for magic, be it nature derived or not, and as a god of craft then any gifts would need to be none-metal."

Returning to the top of his tree and seeing Ikassi perform her work as promised, Lupin held up his bargain by sending the meteors up to the sky, ready to fall back down in to Ikassi's realm shortly. He then proceeded to the areas surrounding his forests and blessed the seeds sowed by the earth mother to grow at a much faster rate than usual. He then appeared to several random humans that night who possessed leadership in their tribes, telling them to head into the new lands to start up new colonies.

Feeling satisfied with expanding his regions, Lupin decided to head to Ikassi's domain to get more details on her other gift.

"Ikassi: I'm glad we could come to a good agreement about the meteors in such. We should stick together more often for things like this; we've got similar view points after all. But I digress: what's the other gift you gave my people? Power of the Self or something along those lines; what does it do exactly?"
    Last edited by Slamexo; 2008-09-19 at 03:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Ikassi

Again in Myrmici form, sitting cross legged on the ground, Ikassi responded to Lupin

The power of the self...How do I put it...Whereas magic taps into the power of the supernatural, the power of the Self taps into that which is purely mundane. Those who follow it are able to achieve true internal balance between spirit, mind and body. One can resist disease, make onself stronger through meditation, or even resist magic through sheer willpower.

Now, as for why I wanted the metal, perhaps you would be interested in hearing of my plans. I have hidden it away from the other gods for now. So...What do you say Lupin?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Lupin Agrees, the discussion will continue via PM. Omnik will get a copy of the PMs

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Illopet

"How much do we wish? For a starting figure why don't we say this much and I shall give you an easy journey back home. That seems fair to me for the blessing of the travel god is powerful indeed." Said Illopet's avatar.

Illopet himself sent his ogres at work to create a great tomb for the bodies of ogres. He also made on ogre work on making a great crown from the meteorite he got from Lupin.

Illopet sent a message to the God of Crafting "Can we have a meeting?"
    "And as a starting figure we shall give you the equivalent in knowldge.You will recieve more as we reveive more stone to expirement with."
    "And as a starting figure we shall give you the equivalent in knowldge. You will recieve more as we reveive more stone to expirement with."
    As the stone moved nearer you will notice that High Templar seem to be focused itnently even while speaking on "something"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

Lupin

Intrigued by Ikassi's plans, Lupin gave her a look of curiousity.

"Well, I've got nothing to lose, so go ahead and share those plans with me."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Over time, the Ensirex and the inexorable corruption of the Dagger spread to the surrounding lands and mountains, and the Ensirex dug deeper. They established cities both above and blow the land, mining the black metals from deep within the mountains, and extending their influence. The dead, having stalked the land for generations, have become an all-too common site and have spread. Dead beasts now rise from the dead of their own accord, and the creatures of the creatures of the forest to the west become tainted and rise from their shallow graves to walk among the forest once again.

Gargax himself had not been idle during this time, teaching his people further the craft of the Necromantic Art through their dreams. Many of the leaders of the Ensirex were powerful undead, liches and vampires and the rest prolonged their lives even beyond their already formidable lengths, unto nigh immortality.

He also crafted a new breed of creatures out of the spirits of the dead, both mortal and beast alike. He took them and made them into otherworldly creatures, he made the spirits of the mortals into cunning and cruel creatures, who toyed with the minds of all mortals and plotted intricate plans, they were also creatures of savage joys, smelling death on the wind from miles away. He gave them the ability to increase in power by corrupting mortal souls and devouring them. He created them so that their ability to manipulate the world of the living depended upon their power and their favor with either him or the more powerful ones of their kind. They could manifest themselves physically either with the blessings of a powerful lord of their ilk, or at the behest of powerful mortal summoners. The beasts he twisted into snarling creatures of infinite animal cunning, and bestial tendencies. They cared only for the will of their masters and lords, Gargax being the first among them, and thus he created for himself and his disciples a breed of powerful hounds and pets.

The Changed, as he collectively called the spirits he twisted, lived on the outside of reality, truly existing in the lands of death. They manifest themselves in the form that pleases them, though they are bound by the constraints of their power. Their forms rarely resembled their original bodies. Gargax made it possible for mortals to become Changed, and by garnering favor with the most powerful of their kind they could elevate themselves above the rabble of the Changed, making them above the common of their kind, but well below the most powerful. The Changed were creatures of spirit, but were not spirits themselves, and roughly 1/10 of all Gargax's followers' spirits who died became Changed.

Finally, he seeded the lands near the other gods realms with ruins, which had come from the lands before, and put into these ruins mention of his Changed, and creating tomes with the secrets to become these creatures, or to summon them in some of the ruins. Finally, he went into the dreams of a few of Saradinus' followers, and told them of a way to summon these new beings, and of information of them hidden across the lands in ruins.

All of these things he did with the most secretive of fashions, doing well to hide his activities as best he could from the other gods.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major act to create The Changed. And altering some of the ruins of the world with knowledge of The Changed, as well as hiding these actions as best I can from the other gods
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-19 at 03:23 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

Unforutantely for gargax BALIDER is the god of stealth, and psionics so not much really escapes his notice... (sorry, but it tis the truth.) So, when he saw what agrgax was doing he went to the god wishing to avoid telling the other gods of his actions due to his inane detestment of war, and fighting period.
    thus he appeared suddenly in front of Gargax as he was corrupting souls, and making those he had haerd him call "the changed" a look of disgust on his face.
    " Greeting Gargax, I see you are.... changing the souls of the others, and mine followers... i assure you if it had been anyone else that would have orgainzed some sort of force against you. I myself although diaprovving of your actions am merely here to warn you. I know what you have done Gargax, and if I EVER catch you doing this again I will explain to the others WHO is behind these twisted souls, and I assure you it will not be pleasant for me, or for you."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The battle mages, no longer limited to being gaurds of the capital, began to become more numerous. Teke suspected another uprising or an invasion, and thus the battle mages began to be everywhere, in small numbers. Then, with the Grand book of spells, Saradinus made his capital immune to foreign interference.(only the capital, to avoid another Major Act discussion) Furthermore, Saradinus began to continue using his acts of power to guide the mortal Supernalists(as in the Supernalists, this time) and not the Conjurors, to become more like him, in his domains. (Minor God act)
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2008-09-19 at 04:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax spoke to Balider, his tone soothing and calming. You misinterpret my actions young one. I have only changed my own followers, and spread information across the land. I have changed none of my fellow Gods creations, and have only made it possible for them to change themselves if they so wish, or to summon these new servants of mine.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-19 at 04:15 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Cellis

the convoy in gargax's land nod and leave. On their way out, they notice the new ruins, and The Enlightened to decides to ignore them for thew same reason it ignores the zombies.

The Enlightened expand, colonizing other valley's and mountains, Valleys being copies of the first one, adapted to harvest resources or farm more efficiently. Even the fungus and plat life is subsumed. Giant ants from subsumed Hives, other animals, beasts and former bandits did all the work, with Ensi-bodies serving as guards and experimenters, their bodies permanently encased in the bone-craft armor, which is itself covered in subsumed fungus to act and a way to quickly expand the Enlightened and provide a bit of uncovered space for bio-magic fuel. More and more experimentation is made into the nature of limits of the power, with the subsumed, unneeded giant ant breeders used as fuel. Less life is needed for effects, the ability to warp or create life is being developed.

The Ant empire, unable to fight back against the disciples of their god, instead focus on expansion and defense, with massive mile-long warrens not being uncommon.
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    Gargax

Gargax spoke to Baldier, his tone soothing and calming. You misinterpret my actions young one. I have only changed my own followers, and spread information across the land. I have changed none of my fellow Gods creations, and have only made it possible for them to change themselves if they so wish, or to summon these new servants of mine.
    "I'm still worried about this, why would you twist the very souls of your own creatures, and what would be the purpose of making them able to corrupt the souls of others? I do not like being played the fool ,and there is much I see Gargax nothing can be hidden from the minds eye, I will leave you untouched, and will keep their abilities secret from the others if you promise to have them avoid my lands."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

I changed them so that I could have new followers, and to create a new path to immortality for my followers to aspire to. I created them to be duplicitous and corrupting and planning so they can become powerful servants and allies, and so that they can extend the knowledge of immortality to others. I made them able to corrupt the souls of others so as to make them and myself more powerful, and perhaps one day even create new gods. Lastly, I do not think such a pledge would work. My Changed, though beholden to me, are ambitious and crafty. I could make sure that none of them entered your lands, but the power and energy required to keep an eye on all of them would surely attract unwanted attention.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

"then I aplogise, but i cannot knowing allow these THINGS into the hoyl city of Auir, or Shakuras. If you could merely keep them to the country side I myself could veil your actions I'am after all the god of stealth."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax nods and departs. He informs his Changed that they should keep to the countryside if they wish to appear to the protoss. He told them to direct their efforts toward others, like the servants of Cyrus and Lupin, and he also commanded some to act as spies/emissaries to Abraxys.

He knew that the Changed would find ways to worm their way into Auir. The more powerful of their kind though in terms of centuries and millennia in their plotting. Besides, though they were not born of psionics, they could well affect the mind, and like all spirit-born creatures, they could possess the forms of objects and beasts, and if they are powerful enough, even mortals. Even the god of duplicity could not see through all deceptions.

Finally, Gargax drew the energies he had used to morph the Changed into himself, bolstering his power and altering himself in a fundamental way. He was still that which he always was, but now he was more as well

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to use a major act to take the Change domain
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-19 at 04:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"Fine give me the corrosponding amount of knowledge in return for this." Said Illopet, needing the knowledge before he could fully have a good, famouse, brilliant death. He then remembered the travel and the other gods and wondered.

20. - Top - End - #290

Alrinach

Alrinach continued to gift his children, granting them magical arts to aid in their expertise of commerce and mercantile skills. In addition, he sent them fourth to other lands and kingdoms, riding his Wyverns or on foot or in caravans, trading goods and meeting other cultures, negotiating where they could.

Spoiler
    Show

Minor Acts to teach the people of the White City alchemy and divination
    Last edited by Virgo; 2008-09-19 at 06:28 PM.
    Fantastic avatar of Alrinach, God of Law, provided by Qwernt!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

"We are the High Templar leaders of our people the Auirites, and the favore of baldier god of stealth,the mind, and the protoss, we are his choosen, and the most powerful of his peoples."
    "We are the High Templar leaders of our people the Auirites, and the favore of baldier god of stealth,the mind, and the protoss, we are his choosen, and the most powerful of his peoples."
    The Protoos responded, their eyes ablaze with golden light.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"This is worth more than that. This ios worth a lot mpore than that. If you don't give me more than that then I'm afraid you will be unable to get home safely. Said Illopet. "So give me more that that."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

((OOC: i was just testing my limits.))
    The Protoss at this increibly angry figment, and through up an illusion of their own that will show the first 50 years of the auirites, and the development of their city.
    "The metal."
    "Please."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Illopet

"Here you go and I shall protect you on your journery." Said Illopet giving yoiu the rock before disapearing.

Illopet created another group of creatures, these were giants that would help those that wish to travel and hurt those that prey on those that travel.

(1 major used for giants)

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

the Protoos reached their hands out to gran the rock yet something strange happned once thy touched the rock (in unison) Their bodies were dragged foricbly together, along wth the rock to form this... (minor godly act to give them the ability to fuse with material componets, and everyone seems to have used at LEAST 5, or 6 acts so I'll use a major one to make this a avatar of my power.)

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    and everyone seems to have used at LEAST 5, or 6 acts so I'll use a major one to make this a avatar of my power.)
    huh what? I used my three, do we get more?
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puppyavenger View Post
    huh what? I used my three, do we get more?
    ((I've seen like crazy amoutns of their equivalent from Asmodeus, so I assumed we got more... and it has been awhile.)

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

((I've seen like crazy amoutns of their equivalent from Asmodeus, so I assumed we got more... and it has been awhile.)
    OOC: (I've used two so far. One to plant the dagger and change The Ensi into the Ensirex as well as all the corruption, and another to make The Changed)
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-19 at 05:51 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

((Actually I've gone back, and checked Asmo you've used 4 One to to corrupt the dead for miles around into raising themselves, another to do the same to beasts in the great wood, one to create the changed, and oen to gasin a domain.))

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

((Actually I've gone back, and checked Asmo you've used 4 One to to corrupt the dead for miles around into raising themselves, another to do the same to beasts in the great wood, one to create the changed, and oen to gasin a domain.))
    What? No I didn't! Now that you mention it, I've used three. Thats it. THREE.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-09-19 at 05:53 PM.