New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Trixie's Great and Powerful Guide v1.96
    Crazy Edition

Brief Introduction

Spoiler
    Show
    My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic is a reboot of the MLP franchise by Powerpuff Girls artist Lauren Faust, currently viewed by (almost) the entire Internet, not only the intended audience. Here is a place where we discuss the joy of friendship.

> My Little Pony? Seriously?

It's a clever show. It has excellent writing, character dynamics, humor, animation, and generally treats kids seriously rather than condescending to them. It has every right to be a 20 minute corporate committee designed infomercial, but it's not.

> Isn't this a show for little girls?

Pixar technically makes shows for little boys, and produce some of the best animation in the world.

> Okay, fine. I'll give it a try. Where do I start?

No Brony could ask for more. I recommend watching the episodes in order. They're all up on Youtube. Unusually, Hasbro seems fine with having the entire series up in public because they've made no move to bring down any of the episodes. Search for "Friendship is Magic Episode 1" and you should find the series pretty easily... Or search for "Sharing is Magic" Google Doc. That is all.

> Okay, I'm going to watch it but this had better live up to the hype!

Whoa, calm down there. The show is light hearted, optimistic fun but it's not for everyone. It's good fun, the community is good fun, and everyone can do with a reminder that friendship is magic but if it doesn't gel for you we'll love and tolerate you anyway. Plus, you might hit the wrong episode. Ask first?

> Iron Hoof/Fan Theories/Shipping/Binding

All in good fun! If it's not your cup of tea, skim it, but this show has triggered a great creative outpouring from the Internet. Pony themed fan-art is abundant and often excellent. See below for some examples.

> Derpy Hooves/Doctor Whoof

Two minor background characters who were adopted as emblems of 4chan. Derpy Hooves is so named due to an animation error in the first episode that had her eyes facing in different directions; 4chan has assigned her the role of Ponyville's mailpony, and her only line so far has been "Muffins". The show's animators are aware of Derpy's popularity and she's shown up a few times recently with her eyes obviously derped. Currently made canon in Feeling Pinkie Keen and in Faust's picture showcased below, Derpy was deemed important enough to appear in storyboards for Season II.

Dr. Whoof is a pony with an hourglass cutie mark; he and his kin save time and space very quietly off camera.

Ponytar Artists

Spoiler
    Show
    Alarra
    Alterform
    Crown of Thorns
    Dirtytabs
    Irbis
    Kairaven
    Khosan
    Trixie

...and a lot more besides.

If you do/don't want to be here, please make a note in the thread.

New: Official PonyPic Request Thread!
    Old Requests [Archived]

General Resources

Spoiler
    Show
    Fan Fiction and News: Equestria Daily
    FF... Darkly: Equestria after Dark
    Discussion Image Forum: Ponychan
    Pony Emotes: FiM Emotes
    More Emotes: MC's Emotes
    Also Emotes: GD's Emotes
    Pony Images: Ponibooru
    More Images: 20% Cooler
    Know Your Meme: Ponies!
    Allspark MLP Discussion Thread

Art Resources

Pony Games

Nice Fanwork

Important GitP Links

Want to Draw? Ponies will help!
    Want to RP? My Little Pony: FiM RP Recruitment Thread.
    Want to join the list of GitP Bronies?
    Last edited by Trixie; 2011-11-01 at 08:40 PM.
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Let the Crazy Continue!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVIII: In the Crazy of 40.000 Posts, There is Only Pony!

Drawfriends stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Post it!

They've probably forgotten all about it.

Fine then. At the insistence of some others, I present to you all, for reviewing and feedback, Midnight vs the free press:

Writing Excerpt 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    A loud fiery burp, that was a staple of the houslehold, announced the arrival of the most recently sent mail from the royalty of Canterlot. “This one’s from Luna!” Announced Spike, holding out the letter. Grabbing it with telekinesis, Twilight opened it and began to read, eager to see what had been sent over today. I was sitting at the table in the mini kitchen that was the extent that the library could provide. Looking over, I watched as momma Twilight read the letter. Watching her face slowly go from thrilled, to mildly worried, to out-right horrified was something I would’ve found amusing if it weren’t my own mother. “What’s wrong momma?” I asked. Twilight wordlessly floated the letter over to me.

Dear Twilight and Midnight:
    I write to you with news most dire. Back when I was still recently banished to the moon, Celestia struck a deal with the griffon kingdom that had several terms and deals, but only one of them is still relevant today. It’s most basic message was “Peace between our kingdoms shall stand as long as the moon is within the sky.” Unfortunately, the current monarch has less enlightened goals then the wise king of old, and has finally managed to get it through their system of red tape and governmental blocking, to make an argument that, ever since the mare in the moon vanished, it’s no longer the same moon in the sky and the deal is null and void. Everyone in Canterlot has been worried for days, but we may have finally figured out a compromise: the current king listens incredibly closely to his grand vizer, who has chosen to take his holidays in ponyville this year. If he has positive things to say about us, then the whole situation might be resolved with minimal effort. The problem is, he’s incredibly stuck-up and apparently says that he will only consort with those “equivalent to a king.” Normally me, or Celly would deal with this, but we’ve got our own massive political melt-down in progress over at the castle. The point of this being, we’ve worked out yet another compromise. He would be willing to talk to you if you were with another pony of the same rank. Very unfortunately, we’ve only got one pony we can spare. On the plus side, you’re familiar with him, on the down-side......It’s Blueblood the second.

Yours truly, Luna

P.S.
    As a apology for what I know must be horrible for you, I found a gift for both of you. It’s a small consolation, but all I can do at the moment.

I dropped the letter in sheer shock. Blueblood the second? But Momma Luna knew of our...Interactions in the past. And what was this “gift” that she wrote about? That’s when another fiery burp lit up the library. “That was a big one.” I remarked dryly, too busy processing having to be in the company of blueblood to notice that the entire library had just been glowing from the most recent message.

Spike hefted up the most recent arrival, a tome wrapped in brown paper to ensure safe travel. I silently watched Momma Twilight carefully remove the wrapping from the tome and read out the title. “Magiks of the moon.” I was somewhat surprised by Momma Twilight’s following excitement. “Do you know what this is?” she said. Truth be told, I’d seen a couple of references in some of the older books in the library, but I wasn’t about to spoil Momma’s fun, no matter how distraught I was. “No?” I answered weakly. “It’s just about the oldest book on magic there is! This was the defining work from back before nightmare moon! Everyone had assumed it long lost and the knowledge inside gone forever! Do you know what this could mean if it were deciphered?”
    News like that was enough to bring me to my hooves again. Twilight continued, still in librarian mode “Think of all the knowledge this contains!” Opening it reverentially, she leafed through some of the pages. “La Maladie Maledictum, Sillurian Miscellana, Rowen's Saggitarii, l'Grandè è l'Formidablè Eixirt? This is some of the most complex spell-work I’ve ever seen!” Noticing her distraction, I seized the opportunity to get some words in. “I don’t suppose we could try untangling any of this stuff together?” “Of course!” Said Twilight, looking shocked for a moment, “Even if this stuff didn’t require two unicorns working on them, I’d still want you to help! I’ll read through some of this stuff, and see what we can try first, all right?” Before I could reply, Twilight bounded up into her bedroom and closed the door behind her. Despite this, I had to grin. Anything this interesting that made momma that happy had to be good. And maybe the whole Blueblood situation wouldn’t be too bad after all. But first things first.... “I’m going out for my lunch momma!” I said bounding out the door, knowing that there was a certain somepony waiting for me.....

And somewhere on the other side of ponyville.....

I sat in my den of knowledge, my cave of news, my... rug of rumors! Imagine, if you will, a plain and simple wall, in a plain and simple newspaper office. Look closer at this wall, You notice a door, “But surely this is but an ordinary door leading to, perhaps, a broom closet?” Is what you might say if you knew not the truth. If you were to enter, you would see the true glory that began as a vision and has been brought to reality. I had notes about every event that has ever happened in Ponyville, all the rumors and gossip on the street pieced together across the room with pins and string functioning as my web of truth. Allowing me to have a giant ball of lies which, if properly tended, some information could be carefully gleamed from.

My keen reporter’s eye observing all of today’s rumors as I filtered them through. “Prince rumored to be arriving in town?” Preposterous! “Town council receiving mysterious bribes?” Irrelevant! I scanned through looking for some real news. Ah-ha! I found the true piece of news within this all!

That was when the door was kicked open. “The web of truth! “ I blurted out before realizing who it was. “Hey boss, I found her! She’s taking her lunch break in the broom closet again!” Shouted Snappy Scoops (No relation to the dashingly brilliant Reporter-pony Whadda Scoops) “Well, leave her there until she’s finished then!” Cried back the editor of “Trotter” (INH). “Actually” I said gathering my things “I’ve got a stakeout to partake in.” “Is this one of your famous stake-outs Whadda?” Jeered Snappy. “Like that time you-” “We agreed never to speak of that again!” I yelled out before she could mention the incident. “I have a real piece of news to pursue!” I shouted over my shoulder, while leaving the headquarters behind. Somepony’s been leaving mysterious transcripts at the library! While over my shoulder I could hear them discussing the benefits of keeping somepony who can think in italics.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-10-17 at 08:28 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ahh, thread 28. This truly is a semi-miraculous day. Maybe. I haven't decided yet. You hang around for so long, and thread changes become a weekly occurrence, like doing laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    HELP

Spoiler
    Show
    SFX: Teleport explosion

"Soooo, Midnight, my bestest-best daughter I ever-ever had?" It wasn't so much a grin she was wearing as a snake made out of teeth, "I was just walking along, hehe, you know, thinking, when I thought I hadn't done anything reaaaaally special for you in a while. So I decided to get you a gift, and by gift I mean I decided to order you a gift! And that involved giving your address to somepony who'd make the delivery. Somepony special, aha. Aha. Ah. Ha."
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight hops back from the teleportation, flinching at the sheer explosive potential it had!

"M-Momma, really, you didn't have to give me a gift, all I want is for you to feel better and come back down to your true self. Come on n-" She pauses, and her ears twitch slightly.

"Momma, who did you give my, and via the fact I live with you, your address to?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I chose a terrible time to ask a question last thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    I am back momentarily to ask two questions.

1. Could a pony theoretically hold a wineglass with just a hoof, or would they need unicorn telekinesis?

2. If one wanted to flatter Rarity, what qualities would one point out that she has? Something non-obvious and completely cliched like "Beautiful" or "lovely" or something else cheesy like that.

No, you're not allowed to know what either of these are for.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Almost one year ago, Jukashi of Keychain of Creation posted this comic on his Deviantart.

This directly lead to me clicking the 4chan pony threads. Which lead directly to this.

It's been a good year.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

I was partial to HAI GURLZ... but this one is so much better.
    Truth resists simplicity.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight hops back from the teleportation, flinching at the sheer explosive potential it had!

"M-Momma, really, you didn't have to give me a gift, all I want is for you to feel better and come back down to your true self. Come on n-" She pauses, and her ears twitch slightly.

"Momma, who did you give my, and via the fact I live with you, your address to?
    HELP

Spoiler
    Show
    "Aw you know, nopony in particular, just somepony about your age who I think you'd love an opportunity to become good friends with. With the proper encouragement. And, if I do say so myself, the proper encouragement has been set in place."

*Doorbell*

"Go answer it. You wouldn't want to be
    tardy "

1. Could a pony theoretically hold a wineglass with just a hoof, or would they need unicorn telekinesis?

2. If one wanted to flatter Rarity, what qualities would one point out that she has? Something non-obvious and completely cliched like "Beautiful" or "lovely" or something else cheesy like that.
    1) I think so with their flexiwrists.
    2) I REALLY LIKE YOUR MANE!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

1. Yes
    2. Compliment her dress making skills. But really I am the last person who should ever give any advise on wooing a girl

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

There's umm "historical precedent" by the boatload for that, however at present we've seen a lot of ponies in social settings and no instance to my knowledge of cups being held in hooves. We see straws, directly from something on a table, or Celestia with magic.

Confound these ponies they drive me to drink!

An informed commentary on one of her designs, a la Fluttershy but in the opposite direction.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been a good year.
    Indeed; that it has.

Though I did not join the Herd until December, it still feels like a whirlwind year for me, in which there was SO MUCH PONY. Too much, perhaps, though that is like saying one's feast is too rich, that its magnificence leaves one less interested in other matters.

To another year, and many more to come!
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Yes, at least in fanfiction (See Berry Punch Gif, warning slightly .. suggestive?)
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: There's a cannon picture of Lyra holding a smoothie cup, so presumably the wine glass would not be much more difficult.

Spoiler
    Show

2. Probably something along the lines of complimenting her artistic creativity, labelling her a genius in the field of design or something like that?

Really though, just acting like a proper gentlepony would probably impress her given how badly the Gala went for her.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-17 at 07:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ig Nobel for literature this year went to the inventor of the "Theory of Structured Procrastination," the idea that "to be a high achiever, always work on something important, using it as a way to avoid doing something that's even more important."

Ponies are important, right? I can get away with that?
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-17 at 08:36 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Imagedump time!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    EDIT: There's a cannon picture of Lyra holding a smoothie cup, so presumably the wine glass would not be much more difficult.

Spoiler
    Show
    Given the differences in diameter in diameter it could be quite harder... but dang it I hate being wrong on the basic facts.

At least the picture works now!
    Not HELPING!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, hi new thread. Didn't see you there.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

By the way, picture fitting Cain discussion we had last thread:

Spoiler
    Show

Also, this seems good for XIX thread title/OPic

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    HW Ava © ETsofu

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Woah, new thread. I'm only.. 5 pages behind on the old one, and slowly catching up. Fortunately I have 4 more hours.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Oooh, oooh, oooh!

My first time posting on the first page of a new pony thread. <3

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Behold! Things from the previous thread, brought back to grim life!

Ahahahahahahaha!

...perhaps the creepy/crazy Twilight bug is catching...

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Consider yourself forewarned, then; I'm in the stages of 'process ideas into actual game material' and 'pluck up the courage to overcome stage-fright'. Me and ... Druid Droid, I believe, are currently battling here, to see which of us overcomes our shyness enough to actually start the work.

I think I'm losing because I've been talking about my progress... Hahaha.
    Oh! And speaking of progress, you know what helps adventurers succeed? A PARTY!
    ugh. That's going to be fun trying to suppress <<;
    I'm probably going to have to yield to you, most worthy DM opponent. Although I will make time to play in a pony RP, I just can't manage to run one right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    I'm no expert on fractals, so I couldn't tell you the exact conditions. It gets quite technical. But somewhat roughly I believe a fractal needs two major things: Self-similarity at arbitrarily small scales, which we covered, and a simple, recursive definition by which it can be created. There are other details, but they're beyond my comprehension of the topic.
    Really just quoted this to say 'I like fractals'. Also, I still demand the shipping fractal! It's Rainbow Dash all the way down!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Let's see. We have I believe four of the six Mane cast with canon surnames, and one very well implied. (Bolded for emphasis)

Twilight Sparkle
    Pinkamena Pie
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack Of the Apple Clan (Or something along those lines; it's canon she's "part of the apple family" which implies it as a surname of sorts).
    Rarity Belle (Assumed due to her sister, Sweetie Belle).
    I always assumed Sweetie's name was a compound one, like Anna Jean or Jamie Lynn, rather than Belle being her last name. But perhaps that's the southerner in me peeking through.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    If you decide you want to change video editors, you might want to take a look at the open source program Avidemux.
    Open source is best source.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Unrelated Episode 3 stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to note that this is the first time we've seen Celestia upset outside of an emergency. "Meet me in the Library." I think Celestia's personal element seems to be Order, since she seemed genuinely upset at all the ruckus going on. That, and it would explain why Discord pisses her off so much. She hates Chaos.
    I find this to be a neat idea...going to keep mulling it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    We had this discussion many times, best conclusion was that Equestria is (Grand) Principality and that there is no queen, IIRC.

I remember usual title of Principalities, Her (Most) Serene Highness (instead of Her Majesty queen gets) being more liked, too
    I think Serene is a pretty good descriptor for Celestia most of the time, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hmm... who do I know that's aggressive and likes to break things? Hey Rainbow, ya wanna help me tear down a barn?"
    "DO I?!"
    All the internets. You win them.

Hmm, I think others have answered already but what the hay?

1.) I think so; at least I can see it being easily within the realm of believability.

2.) I would say that noticing the little details would be a big way to flatter her, considering how much effort she puts into her appearance and work. Making it clear that you notice and appreciate that would probably be a more subtle way of going about flattering her.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Snif snif*

Ahh, love that new thread smell.

I have a quick pony-related D&D story...
    Be warned, you may think I'm a terrible person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Myself and a group of friends regularly use our lunch hours at school to meet in the English room and play a quick D&D battle. No overarching story really, just killing things.

Anyway, I was flipping through the DMG, to the index page where all monsters are listed by CR. Scrolling down the list, I saw an entry for Pony. 1/4 CR.

I said, "F**k it, you guys are attacked by a herd of ponies."

It was 12 ponies vs. four 2nd level characters. I didn't have any pony-esque minis, so I just threw 12 random ones in the middle. A nearby Brony, who wasn't playing, decided to name some of them based on the mini.

In all, he found minis for AJ, FS, TS, PP, and Derpy. The party won, but AJ nearly killed the party fighter, Derpy was murdered by the Hexblade, the bard stabbed Fluttershy, and Pinkie and the rest escaped.

When Derpy died, the watching Brony was almost in tears. When Fluttershy was hit, we were crying together.

I should not have done that.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Ho ho! And I see the Ponyhammer theme won out! One of my thread suggestions...becoming reality! Must...not let....power....get to head....Everyone! Bask in my radiance!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

24. - Top - End - #24

Yaaaaaaay! New Ponythread! It's always my favorite day of the week! Or more recently, my favorite every other day!

---

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Alternatively she hates chaos BECAUSE of Discord. She said she and Luna fought Discord because they saw how miserable everypony was under his rule.
    I'm inclined to believe this, actually. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Heh, those are some nice costumes (and the photos aren't really that bad). Nice to see some bronies in public.

Also, I found this to be quite hilarious:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    But I do still want to know more about the royal family other than Celestia, Luna, and Blueblood.
    Me too. We've seen a lot of it in fanon and fics, but nothing really from canon. Maybe an episode this season will deal with it a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    For some reason that made me think of "Applejack of the Julii". has there ever been a crossover between Rome and MLP?
    I don't think so, actually.

I know the problem of not being fit enough to quote awesome SiuiS posts.
    It really sucks.

How did you get these? Who made them?
    I don't know the name of the artist, but I found them Sunday at "Another Anime Convention" in Nashua, NH. She was trying to clear the table so I got them for 40$.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I thought a mule was a crossbreed between a horse and a donkey that is infertile. That is why "mule" is a shorthand way of saying "cannot reproduce/infertile".
    Yeah, that was my screw up. Sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by youhasplotholes View Post
    Just... keep posting... Oh and the thread still gonna get burnt yeah?

Because if it wasn't, it would be...

Spoiler
    Show
    The!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Worst!
    Spoiler
    Show
    POSSIBLE!
    Spoiler
    Show
    THING!

Speaking of awesome things:

Spoiler
    Show

First Brony who will do such thing with ponies will enter the legend
    I know just the person! Only I now need to convert him to the church of the po- I... mean... Have him watch a couple of episodes! Ehehe...

I understand, so do I when I can't get one out to you early. (I'm on break now, so expect one later tonight, gonna type it up on the bus.
    Yay! I can't wait to read it! I might throw it on my phone and read it in traffic on the way to work in the morning.

*Midnight smiles daringly, and gives Jade a loving, perhaps a little TOO loving, nuzzle. "My, my, I do love reactions like this."
    "Heh... H-Hi, Midnight." She barely manages to stammer out, ears flattening gently as she tentatively returns the nuzzle.

I'm glad that I could make your Monday just a bit better. I know I cheer up whenever I see another post from you, too. Not just RP-wise, you're an awesome pony in general.
    I didn't think this thread would ever make me go quite that red. I stand corrected. ^///^

"Aww, thank you very much! I do very like compliments. And don't worry, I think I've proven that while I can shift through many forms, I always go back to plain Midnight. Because I agree, I'm very cute au naturel."
    "Yes, yes you are!"

Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, but they won't *want* to find me, not with what we'll be doing under the bed!"
    Jade:

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Well, someone had to be the trendsetter.
    Though now I'm tempted to switch to a Trixie avatar:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Element of Dreams approves.

Well, it is last millennium. It's the symbol the The Artist Formerly Known As Prince But He Switched To That Symbol For A While Then He Got Tired Of It And Switched Back To Being Prince used.
    Do eeet. Do eet now!

Why do I feel like this is related to my and Midnight's RP?

Almost one year ago, Jukashi of Keychain of Creation posted this comic on his Deviantart.

This directly lead to me clicking the 4chan pony threads. Which lead directly to this.

It's been a good year.
    Heh. My own Bronification didn't occur until late May / Early June. But yes, yes indeed it has been a good year. And here's to many, many more.

For Pony!
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

25. - Top - End - #25
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Doesn't Midnight have a hold on that title?
    Trick question! For a spell me and Thanqol each had half a medal for best poniness, but we're all secretly Thanqol, which means at any point in time we are all Midnight. So at any point in time, anypony is best pony!

We only switch off to mess with outsiders

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    The timing of the latest EqD post is creepily specific to my earlier post in this thread ... Phoe, are you lurking around here somewhere?
    I hope so! Playgrounder Phoe is best Phoe. Beig a blogprincess is hard work and keeps her busy, but it's nice to think she's still around, shaking her head, mane all a-flutter, and occasionally sighing theatrically at our antics :3 (also participating in said antics occassionally).

*Midnight smiles daringly, and gives Jade a loving, perhaps a little TOO loving, nuzzle. "My, my, I do love reactions like this."
    They are fun, indeed. The reactions, I mean.

I'm glad that I could make your Monday just a bit better. I know I cheer up whenever I see another post from you, too. Not just RP-wise, you're an awesome pony in general.
    Eyup! I get tiny frissions of excitement from several of the folks here. I enjoy picking your brains. :3

Helping(?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Ah, but they won't *want* to find me, not with what we'll be doing under the bed!"
    Oh-ho! That makes perfect sense! Twilight has an aversion to parties in the library! All we have to do is crank it up to 11, and she'll head for the hills! Don't worry, I've got balloons, streamers and an ice-cream churned in my saddlebags. Just Let me get my harmonica and some fizzy water!
    *zooms off*

Midnight Will Need Help In A Minute
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight goes wide-eyed, and shuffles nervously on the spot.

"W-Why do I get the feeling that I said the wrong thing? Oh dear, maybe I should have gone to Cestya's room, I wonder if that option is still open...
    Aww, poor Midnight... Quick! To Canterlot!

Kinda, aye.

Yes, they can. At the very least, the flat of the hoof and some narratively convenient acrobatics would avoid most all spills.

Rarity is one, because she of all ponies can take flattery like "you're pretty" or "I was lost in your eyes" and believe the giver, where most ponies would roll their eyes. It's one of her more endearing traits; her sincerity, and seeing sincerity in others.
    In case I'm being obtuse, the joke is "Rarity is a rarity".

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post

Why do I feel like this is related to my and Midnight's RP?
    I can assure you, it's not.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Ah, that new ponythread smell. Nothing quite like it.

But I don't want to go back to magic kindergarten...

No, seriously, I'm not even a unicorn! I'd have to wear a party hat over my forehead at all times just to fit in. Unless that's part of the punishment, but then I'd be making friends and it'd ultimately be for the better...this whole punishment business makes no sense.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-17 at 08:39 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

29. - Top - End - #29

I hope so! Playgrounder Phoe is best Phoe. Beig a blogprincess is hard work and keeps her busy, but it's nice to think she's still around, shaking her head, mane all a-flutter, and occasionally sighing theatrically at our antics :3 (also participating in said antics occassionally).
    Yes, yes, playgrounder Phoe is best Phoe. And playgrounder Phoe needs to post more often because she is awesome.

They are fun, indeed. The reactions, I mean.
    "H-Hey! Don't take her side!"No, by all means, do! I'm laughing my flank off at poor Jade's expense her- *Bucked*

Eyup! I get tiny frissions of excitement from several of the folks here. I enjoy picking your brains. :3
    Same here. You ponies are all absolutely awesome. I'm not kidding when I say you're all some of my best friends; I mean it.

I can assure you, it's not.
    I was just joking around.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    *Snif snif*

Ahh, love that new thread smell.

I have a quick pony-related D&D story...
    Be warned, you may think I'm a terrible person.

Spoiler
    Show
    Myself and a group of friends regularly use our lunch hours at school to meet in the English room and play a quick D&D battle. No overarching story really, just killing things.

Anyway, I was flipping through the DMG, to the index page where all monsters are listed by CR. Scrolling down the list, I saw an entry for Pony. 1/4 CR.

I said, "F**k it, you guys are attacked by a herd of ponies."

It was 12 ponies vs. four 2nd level characters. I didn't have any pony-esque minis, so I just threw 12 random ones in the middle. A nearby Brony, who wasn't playing, decided to name some of them based on the mini.

In all, he found minis for AJ, FS, TS, PP, and Derpy. The party won, but AJ nearly killed the party fighter, Derpy was murdered by the Hexblade, the bard stabbed Fluttershy, and Pinkie and the rest escaped.

When Derpy died, the watching Brony was almost in tears. When Fluttershy was hit, we were crying together.

I should not have done that.
    You are a horrible, horrible person. :(

The only way to make amends is to post lots of pony pictures.