New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XL: The Plot Thickens!

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    knowing the story thus far, that's bad for our cast's health.
    Everypony seems to think I'm some kind of crazy sadist who loves to torture and kill innocent ponies I wonder what I did to deserve the image.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Season 2 Episode 22 (Hurricane Fluttershy) spoilers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well I liked the episode. I am starting to appreciate Putting Your Hoof Down more, not so much for the episode itself, but for helping to establishing AssertiveShy as an actual character trait. It definitely gives Fluttershy a point or two on the awesome scale for it.

There seems to be a Silver Spoon fan on the animator team; Silverspeed has nearly the exact same coloring. Including the eyes, unless I miss my guess. Can I have another favored background pony?

I'm sure that a lot of others have already pointed out the fun parts of the episode - Fluttertree, training montage, Chunk pony. Two main points stand out in my mind, though. First, Fluttershy's training didn't seem to increase her speed so much as boost her confidence to reach her full speed; even the first time, she'd slowed down before crossing the speedometer. Second, if 8 sick pegasi was enough to drop from 1000 wingspeed to 800, then that would mean each sick pegasus was contributing over 20 wingpower apiece! Rather impressive bit of training, there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    Was it just me, or did Bon-Bon turn into a Pegasus?
    More than once, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    "we need every pegasus" but not a sight nor mention of scootaloo..... confirmation that she cannot fly at all 8(
    Pretty much. Sorry, Scootaloo fans.
    Look on the positive side; she has plenty of room for improvement!

Also, a few things for those not reading the spoilers yet.

One is this nice bit of cosplay. Seriously, one of my favorite things about the fandom is the originality, and this is just one good example of it.

Second, good job drawing Sweetie Belle. It looks better than the original!

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    That sound you are hearing everypony? Its Australia. Crying in joy that a season 1 box set is coming to their country.

You may also be hearing my cries of jealous angst.
    I'm not quite sure why; perhaps it's because they think they can get more money from Americans first, or perhaps they think it will be cheaper to sell it in Australia first and have no 'set' price to be taxed. Either way, congrats Australia on the box set!

You'd better be buying it and telling us how good it is.

[Edit]
    Just found these two images, and I thought I'd share. Not spoilery at all, just large, so enjoy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by erikun; 2012-03-25 at 09:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

3. - Top - End - #243
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

This most recent episode made me tear up quite a bit. Probably the first episode where one of the ponies was doing almost the exact same thing I've done on multiple occasions.

Very hard hitting. Best episode of the season.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

S2E22 - Hurricane Fluttershy
    Spoiler
    Show
    One word. Glorious.

Last week, I said I "really got into it", but I must clearly have forgotten how much a really good episode pulls you in, because Dragon Quest didn't hold a candle to this. This is like the antithesis of Putting Your Hoof Down. I can't tell you how much I just sat and grinned at Fluttershy's training montage with the animals, because it's just how it should be. Her animals friends, which she has gathered through her Kindness, becomes her strength. Angel did a 180 turn, brushing her hair and being all supportive, but I won't even complain about inconsistent characterization because any other characterization is better than his previous one. Break him seven ways to Sunday, it can only be an improvement. Also, pony masks are hilarious.

We also see continuity from Put Your Hoof Down, because Fluttershy doesn't let herself get pushed around here. When Rainbow Dash confronts her about training, she doesn't get cowed into it. Only after she sees how sad this makes her friend, she agrees to help. That isn't being timid, that's Kindness.

The demons Fluttershy faces in this episode are all her own, and while I don't think we'll ever see a consistently confident Fluttershy, I'm am so happy she manages to power through them when the situation calls for it. As she says to Rainbow Dash, it's different when it's an emergency, and that's fine with me.

And speaking of Rainbow Dash, she was certainly something to speak about this episode. In addition to being the best Fluttershy episode yet, I don't think I ever saw Rainbow Dash so in her element as here. Her dedication and goal orientation is just her way, but she's also very supportive, attentive and psychological. I'm sure she liked flexing her 16.5 wing power, but she does so to show the others that 10 wing power far from impossible. It creates team spirit, confidence and, dare I say it, Loyalty.

I'm not sure I can point at any other episode where Rainbow Dash's Element has been made clearer. Rainbow Dash creates Loyalty among the Ponyville pegasi, and when they are sick, she goes through with it anyway out of Loyalty to Cloudsdale, where the water is needed. Through this whole episode, however, she doesn't forget her Loyalty to each and every one of the individual ponies either, never pushing more than she think they can handle. I was so happy when she praised Fluttershy's 2.3 wing power. It was great.

I must compare it to May the Best Pet Win, which many seems to like but which I myself never understood the appeal of. There, she pushes the pets through trials to separate them, while here, she pushes them through trials to unite them. The last one work way better for the Element of Loyalty.

So where there any downsides to Hurricane Fluttershy? Maybe, but I didn't notice them. As much as one can read Kindness as an influential and positive factor in Fluttershy's behaviour here, it's still playing second fiddle to the confidence thing (*cough* again *cough*). I feel an episode where Kindness is the explicit theme is still desired, so that we get to see Fluttershy in her home environment more. But that episode should complement this one, not replace it.

Top ten. No question. I'm out.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

I have a question for ponythread.
    Is actually hearing the mane cast respond to your mental ramblings normal for ponysanity, or am I just plain going nuts?
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    Is actually hearing the mane cast respond to your mental ramblings normal for ponysanity, or am I just plain going nuts?
    Can't it be both?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Trazoi View Post
    Has anywhere said there's no special features? I'm honestly not expecting any given it's aiming for the kids market, but I haven't explicitly seen anything that said there's nothing. Even subtitles would be nice.
    At the worst they could stick the stuff we got on The Friendship Express in there for minimal cost.

And since when should special features be a deal breaker anyways. Yeah their nice but for less then director, crew, and cast commentary plus deleted scenes its not really much of a a bonus. And those are somewhat incompatible with animation anyways

Heck Ponies won't even be able to pull the standard anime disc trick of textless OP and ED.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alabenson View Post
    I find it normal. My personal imaginary psychotherapist is, or at least looks and sounds like, Twilight Sparkle, and I find her advice very useful. I haven't seen her much lately though, not enough opportunity for introspective analysis.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Mare in the Mirror 18, the last chapter! The End!

Oh my gawd, it's finished! It's been quite a journey, if you feel like it you can also read my long winded introspection on the story and the process of writing it: in my journal

10. - Top - End - #250

Appropriate picture for a pony thread on an RPG-inspired site:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hurricane Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I loved it, though I wanted to hug Fluttershy so bad in a few places.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: Twice, Spike says something factual but tactless and Twilight smacks him. You just know she's thinking "Celestia, two years ago that would have been me". It's not just Dash and Fluttershy that show character growth in this episode.

And so many new pegasi! I liked the Orion-cutie-marked's one's design. And Rumble, he's his generation's Rainbow Dash, I bet.

Also, I see that EqD noted the one year anniversary of The Conversion Bureau. I love TCB, because it inspired Topaz as a character, and because Teacup, Down On The Farm is what I point to when I'm trying to explain why I love Equestria so much that I'd give up my thumbs to live there.

And I'm horribly slacking on getting part nine of New Perspectives out of my head and onto the word processor. Yell at me.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, I have never read any of the Conversion Bureau fics. I've tried, but they just feel off too me, and freak me out a bit. I don't know why, it's not like I've read other really disturbing stuff, but it's just that series creeps me out.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Litewarior View Post
    You know, I have never read any of the Conversion Bureau fics. I've tried, but they just feel off too me, and freak me out a bit. I don't know why, it's not like I've read other really disturbing stuff, but it's just that series creeps me out.
    That's interesting. I haven't read many (just ones by one author and no others. He wrote Taste of Grass if you are curious) but his at least have been well done. I can understand how easily someone could do poorly though.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

It's not that they are poorly done, it's just the concept in general. I also have this song on my phone, and I have trouble listening to it due to its topic.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

15. - Top - End - #255

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Appropriate picture for a pony thread on an RPG-inspired site:
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, this eventualy needs to be a OP image, if only because it fits so well with the rest of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    Hurricane Fluttershy:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I loved it, though I wanted to hug Fluttershy so bad in a few places.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned: Twice, Spike says something factual but tactless and Twilight smacks him. You just know she's thinking "Celestia, two years ago that would have been me". It's not just Dash and Fluttershy that show character growth in this episode.

And so many new pegasi! I liked the Orion-cutie-marked's one's design. And Rumble, he's his generation's Rainbow Dash, I bet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saying something true but tactless reminds me of another pony actually. I guess Spike really is the new Rainbow Dash.
    The Dude pony avatar by http://supermatt314.deviantart.com/

17. - Top - End - #257

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is hilarious in a 'if you can't laugh at yourself...' way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saying something true but tactless reminds me of another pony actually. I guess Spike really is the new Rainbow Dash.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I thought blunt truths was the specialty of a certain baker.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-03-25 at 01:57 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #258

On the new episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Has there been any unoffical name for the uberbuff pegusi yet? If Roid Rage is too....adult-ish, than what about Stronghoof?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Colossus in the Playground

I freaking loved Hurricane Fluttershy, and I wish I had time to say more about it.

20. - Top - End - #260

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    On the new episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Has there been any unoffical name for the uberbuff pegusi yet? If Roid Rage is too....adult-ish, than what about Stronghoof?
    Spoiler
    Show
    On EqD, he's been dubbed Horse Power.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Mirrsen View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like this name.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #262

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. Well, it fits.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    New episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That gave me a good chuckle.
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so.

Hurricane Fluttershy
    Spoiler
    Show
    So what makes this episode so great again?

Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable. Plenty of FlutterDash material, couple of funny moments.

But what did this add to fluttershy. This is the same problem she has solved at LEAST once or twice before. This is why Fluttershy is low on my list. I want something closer to Dragonshy-the thing that makes Fluttershy interesting is that iron core. But all anyone-canon or fanon-uses her for is cutes and shyness, both of which I am, to be frank, sick of.[/rant]

Plus, why couldn't she have got hawks and falcons to help with the hurricane? A nice sideways solution.

So yeah. Seven out of ten. Three, four stars.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

So.... party at Thanqol's place then?

I've always wanted an excuse to go to Australia! Islands are always fun You're on the beach right? because unless you're in the Outback all of Australia is a beach attached to a coral reef right? I won't have to worry about falling off the underside of the planet will I, I mean I know there are sorta people in Australia but I've always wondered if you just lined the whole place with velcro or something.
    Wooo! Party at Thanqol's. (Plus, I'm sure he has plenty of velcro. Helps keep the super dingos away. Pure gospel truth right there.)

Normally I have to make up stories about Australia but you've got that covered already!

Everypony here is welcome for a pony party at my place any time, by the by.

Wooo again! Too bad the odds of me making it down to Australia in the next few years are between zero and the odds that Princess Celestia is real and has personally selected me to save her kingdom.

Dingos kill twelve million babies every second.
    These true statements are fascinating. Please, tell me more. What is your standard means of defense against these dingos?

I find it normal. My personal imaginary psychotherapist is, or at least looks and sounds like, Twilight Sparkle, and I find her advice very useful. I haven't seen her much lately though, not enough opportunity for introspective analysis.
    I like to imagine this as well. You can also do a bit of WWTD (that's Twilight, not Thor), and if you're feeling adventurous, you can also consult with Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Okay, so.

Hurricane Fluttershy
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable. Plenty of FlutterDash material, couple of funny moments.

But what did this add to fluttershy. This is the same problem she has solved at LEAST once or twice before. This is why Fluttershy is low on my list. I want something closer to Dragonshy-the thing that makes Fluttershy interesting is that iron core. But all anyone-canon or fanon-uses her for is cutes and shyness, both of which I am, to be frank, sick of.[/rant]

Plus, why couldn't she have got hawks and falcons to help with the hurricane? A nice sideways solution.

Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I don't need every episode to have new growth for a character. Some can just be normal fun.

On the note of hawks and falcons presumably they don't have the inherent magic that a pegasus has to control the weather.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

That sound you are hearing everypony? Its Australia. Crying in joy that a season 1 box set is coming to their country.

You may also be hearing my cries of jealous angst.
    You know what? This does not remotely surprise me. Austraila is where I got my last Pokemon season boxed set from (which I still haven't gotten around to watching) and the only place in the world with enough intelligence to release Earthworm Jim on DVD. So, this does not bother me, as a) I buy/have bought Austrailian DVDs on ebay and b) a multiregion DVD player as an absolute requirement in my house anyway, as both me and Mum have got a lot of DVDs that are American-only releases anyway. (A shocking amount of my cartoon DVDs, for one.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    would that be part of the fall from heaven series? I always liked that one
    The Master of Mana mod of FFH2, actually. We spent most of the weekend playing. He was well on his way to victory with the Sve- sven- Dark Elves, and I was playing the skeleton guys he thought was Liches who turned out be apparently based off Warhammer's Vampire counts or something1. He'd not played them either, so I spent most of the game bimbling around without the slightest clue of what I was doing! (I don't think he realised HOW different that faction are from normal; not that I wouldn't have played them anyway, because, c'mon Undead!) Not only had I not started on my racial victory conditions, we hadn't even worked out what some of them were!

(I was supposed to build x number of skeleton companies, but there were no units with those specific names; I assumed it either meant of each of the four types (infantry/mounted/archery/scout) but my tier 1/2 units didn't seem to count. So I figure maybe it's the top-tier units or a bug!)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Heavens and Earth, and I really two threads gone? I hope I just can't count in roman

Hi eveypony! St-- uh, SiuiS here. Checking in.
    Wow. You guys are honna hate me when I catch up... Anyhoo.Have an after-funeral drinking party to prep my innards for, so sorry for the delays. All my love, ponies! You all are my very best friends
    I feel, as my duty as the designated Evil Poster, and also being Lawful, to tattle and report that SiuiS has been quietly going behind everypony's back (well, except maybe me and Zevox) and mass-quote-posting in the Mass Effect thread...

Do as with this information as you will...!

To paraphrase a famous lagomorph, boss - ain't you a stinker?

Why, thank you!

At the worst they could stick the stuff we got on The Friendship Express in there for minimal cost.

And since when should special features be a deal breaker anyways. Yeah their nice but for less then director, crew, and cast commentary plus deleted scenes its not really much of a a bonus. And those are somewhat incompatible with animation anyways

Heck Ponies won't even be able to pull the standard anime disc trick of textless OP and ED.
    I am the only one that doesn't give in the slighest crap about special features, like at ALL?

Most of my cartoon DVDs have none, and even on those DVDs that do I never watch them. (When DVDs were new, I watched a few, including the entirity of the ones on the Fellowship of the Ring, but nowadays I just don't even care.)

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    This is hilarious in a 'if you can't laugh at yourself...' way.
    Is there anyone on this thread that can't?

To be uncharacteristically serious for a moment, I think that is probably one of the most important things you can learn. If everyone was a bit more tolerant, and able to laugh at themselves, the world would be a far less unpleasant place. That's like, a proper friendship lesson or something...

Wooglyflibblywooblywoo!

Sorry, I just need to do something silly to balance that last paragraph out.

1I remember the day when Warhammer Undead was one army, and it was much cooler! You can in fact blame my entire Undead obsession that DIRECTLY lead to me joining the Aotrs to one day at the Rolls Royce club when they were doing a WFB game for the Worlds, Orcs verses Undead, and the first practise game, they gave me control of a couple of units of skeletons. I have never looked back!
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-03-25 at 04:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    I am the only one that doesn't give in the slighest crap about special features, like at ALL?

Most of my cartoon DVDs have none, and even on those DVDs that do I never watch them. (When DVDs were new, I watched a few, including the entirity of the ones on the Fellowship of the Ring, but nowadays I just don't even care.)
    looked back!
    No don't get me wrong, I don't care about special features either.

I will never complain about a lack of them. I just have a small appreciation for commentary tracks and deleted scenes. Everything else is pretty much meaningless. Yeah its nice, maybe, but it doesn't influence my decision in purchasing it. And since animation (and tv) by nature is not conducive to these things they rarely exist.

I expect my animation purchases to be essentially featureless, featureless collection sets are what makes up my anime library.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Okay, so.

Hurricane Fluttershy
    Spoiler
    Show

yea well, problems don't always stick to being solved, especially mental/psychological ones. there are y'know, relapses, and such. plus people can forget, can fall back into old habits and so on. solving the problems of ones mind is far from an exact science or as simple as administering a shot or doing a certain procedure that "cures" you. thinking that a characters problem that is ingrained into their natural thought processes is going to be solved quickly, isn't very realistic. the problem looks simple on the surface, but is actually far more complicated than it seems. any improvements are going to be gradual affairs, fraught with misconception after misconception and mental blocks and such, and plus the problem can be solved one way, and be unsolved in a completely different way, or the solution could go too far and you end up with a completely different problem.

all the while, people's minds have a certain fickleness or chaos to them, and uncertainty can creep up when you least expect it. people have a tendency to change their minds, experience bad days, good days, worse days….

if anything, MLP is being believable about the characters problems and showing us that such problems aren't always solved so quickly. plus, some things might seem like the same problem, but in the characters mind, are completely different beasts and situations. its because of how each mind is unique, that solving such problems are complicated and full of setbacks.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #270
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    pretty sure it was consensual there, thanqol.

that's right, i just went back 3 pony threads to use you against yourself. i will have more pony fics.
    CURSE YOU, PAST THANQOL

A'ight, a'ight, I got a school break coming up I'll see what I can manage then.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Everypony seems to think I'm some kind of crazy sadist who loves to torture and kill innocent ponies I wonder what I did to deserve the image.
    The trick is

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Mare in the Mirror 18, the last chapter! The End!

Oh my gawd, it's finished! It's been quite a journey, if you feel like it you can also read my long winded introspection on the story and the process of writing it: in my journal
    Congratulations, I look forwards to having the time to read this! (Monday Tuesday Wednesday are 100% days).

And I think the key is to plan the characters, get to know them well before writing, but leave the plot as the barest skeleton. That way the characters shape the story and things stay organic and fluid until the end.
    This. Most stories succeed or fail during character creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    These true statements are fascinating. Please, tell me more. What is your standard means of defense against these dingos?
    Have more babies.