New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXV: Who is your Summoner, and what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Upon perusing Stonewall, I find that all of my more common jungle picks are considered Tier 3 or worse, with the exceptions being Skarner, Gangplank, and Nunu (who I don't use often, but tend to do well with if I have at least one competent autoattacker on my team).

Udyr, Nocturne, Jarvan, and Shaco are all guys I'd like to learn, but I imagine I should just wait until the remake goes live?
    Shaco is a very finnicky champion to play for a great deal of people, and his poor clearing abilities mean that he's likely not going to do well with the next patch.

Udyr and Nocturne are both some of the best junglers in the game and they will both benefit (that is to say, not receive the Trundle/Shaco/Fiddlesticks/Nunu treatment) from the new jungle changes. Udyr is a fantastic farmer and tank, with some of the best survivability, peeling, and ult-independent ganking potential. Nocturne has had his jungling abilities nerfed several times, but this patch will likely revert that while simultaneously making it easier for him to just jungle to 6. He'll also likely be able to start and excel with efficient items like Scepter, Doran's, or Long Sword. He's a powerful tanky DPS with decent initiation abilities and terrifying post-6 ganks.

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    I think vayne is the only character who can do %health damage that I don't like. I like Kog, I like Wick, I like mundo, I can't stand vayne. I honestly feel like Twitch has more survivability.
    Because having a dash, movement speed steroid, and instant-speed stealth is worse than a 1.5 second delay stealth?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mario View Post
    League of Legends XXVI: We've officially jumped the shark
    Also, this, because I never want to be reminded of the removal of dodge again.
    Last edited by ex cathedra; 2011-11-26 at 12:03 AM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm going to start jungling AD carries after the jungle change. And probably play yi a ton. Because YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's the kind of beard that says, "I'm rugged enough not to shave, but have good enough genetics/grooming habits that I can not consequentially look like a mountain rapist."
    Pokemon available/breedable (5iv):
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's a big list, ask me. All pokemon will be perfect 5iv unless noted otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3ds Code: 1590-5500-0148

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Mtg_player_zach View Post
    I'm going to start jungling AD carries after the jungle change. And probably play yi a ton. Because YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.
    Perhap's Dog's desire to jungle Ezreal will finally be realized?

Personally I'd love to see Jungle Vayne, be effin hilarious.

New Meta:
    AP Ez Middle
    Graves Bruiser Top Solo
    Vayne Jungle
    Corki+Ashe bottom (Ashe #1 support)

4. - Top - End - #1444

Wonder if Talon and Gragas will be good junglers after the change.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Wonder if Talon and Gragas will be good junglers after the change.
    Gragas: I'm not really seeing it.

Talon: If the jungle is going to be as easy as the changes suggest, and if blue buff isn't getting changed... can anyone else actually see this being surprisingly viable? He has good aoe, great burst, and more-than-zero CC. I'd be interested in trying it.

6. - Top - End - #1446

Vayne jungle actually sounds scary. Stealth, uber damage, pushback, multidash? I daresay she may be one of the top contenders for ganking as a jungler amongst the carries (of course, give or take changes to ganking as a whole...)

So... I never actually thought of how much of a damage buff Kog's Q, even when the enemy only has 1000 hp, is. Imagine if crits could apply to it, it would be ridiculous!

Also, I just realized that Kog's R can actually be used for scouting near the level of Ashe's E (yeah, aren't I SUCH a good player? ) Granted, it is in a small area, but if you even remotely have reason to suspect enemies are around, it only takes hitting key areas to find them, and then you have their vision! And of course, the range makes it a very safe proposition, and if you wait the 6 seconds, it is a rather painless cost. Between that and his AoE slow, Kog has more utility than I first gave him credit for. No wonder they don't dare give him any real escape plan...

EDIT: Actually, I could see jungle Gragas, at least in so far as the jungle can let just about anyone do it. The big keys are probably having a CC dash and the potential to knock the enemy into yourself or your teammates, although that would need to be used responsibly. He could only have such ganking every so often, though. Oh, and the whole part where Stonewall and Morello are making it sound like its just become another lane at this point.
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-26 at 01:29 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Banned

The below assumes viable paths can be found.
    Ezreal and Vayne: Decent ganks, but no farming or control.
    Talon: Great ganks, good control, farm is OK with a Wriggle's after giving up blue, but that isn't an item Talon really wants.
    Gragas: Was a good jungler long ago, but doesn't get enough farm to be really good at it now. Good ganks/farm and nice counterjungling potential, though.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-11-26 at 01:58 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Because having a dash, movement speed steroid, and instant-speed stealth is worse than a 1.5 second delay stealth?
    >Not already stealthed well before picking a fight
    >2011
    >I seriously hope etc.

In non-mockery, though, you can't initiate on Twitch unless you have oracles and even then, YOU personally need to be in YOUR sight range of him. Not a teammate's, not a minions', YOUR sight range.

Also, if Twitch's initiator done goofs, Twitch has a simple solution: don't break stealth. If Vayne's initiator done goofs, she dies horribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

9. - Top - End - #1449

More on the jungle from Guinsoo: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/21726/?p=1

EDIT: Oh, and Statikk on Sivir: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/21730/?p=2
    Last edited by Daverin; 2011-11-26 at 02:12 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

>Not already stealthed well before picking a fight
    >2011
    >I seriously hope etc.

In non-mockery, though, you can't initiate on Twitch unless you have oracles and even then, YOU personally need to be in YOUR sight range of him. Not a teammate's, not a minions', YOUR sight range.

Also, if Twitch's initiator done goofs, Twitch has a simple solution: don't break stealth. If Vayne's initiator done goofs, she dies horribly.
    Twitch has the worst early game in the game of all the Ragned Carries. worse than ashe. ASHE. That's why he's unplayable.

Zach gonna be #1 JUNGLE TWITCH tho. After remake.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    Mo
    EDIT: Oh, and Statikk on Sivir: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/21730/?p=2
    His words say one thing and the actual gameplay I saw in the patch preview say something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Twitch has the worst early game in the game of all the Ragned Carries. worse than ashe. ASHE. That's why he's unplayable.

Zach gonna be #1 JUNGLE TWITCH tho. After remake.
    Ashe has a bad early game? Hmm, now that you mention it, she's unable to do much besides stay back and last hit. That's why I always max her E first; since I can't do any good harass in the first place, why bother investing at all, when I can have ALL THE MONIES?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

I'm just waiting on the new champ... because ARMORED BEAR!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

14. - Top - End - #1454

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    I'm just waiting on the new champ... because ARMORED BEAR!!!
    *high fives*
    As said, YES, I am excited for the bear. BECAUSE IT'S A BEAR.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan
    Yes, but that's Fred. He radiates awesomeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    I like Fred. I shall make him an honorary Pimpsquatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MageOfCakes View Post
    You're chibi and that's awesome. n_n

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Perhap's Dog's desire to jungle Ezreal will finally be realized?
    He doesn't even have to wait for the patch, jungle Ezreal is extremely easy already

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    I'm actually not a fan of the minion changes. IMO they remove gameplay by making minion aggro management less important.
    It seems Riot is trying to remove cases where the optimal play is to play passive for both sides of the lane. Large minion wave - pushes enemy to tower, so you can't be aggressive on them unless they're already low meaning jungle ganks would just feed you a double kill. Enemy can't be aggressive on you because of the large minion wave. You might say that the very fact that the enemy is pushed to their tower is aggressive play because it forces them to miss creeps, but nowadays people do this obnoxious minion freezing technique where they duck in and out of bushes to stutter step the minion wave before they hit the tower and wait for their own wave to arrive, thus freezing the wave in front of the tower and not missing any creeps. Also, I doubt Riot considers this aggressive enough unless you use this opportunity to go gank, which top and bot lane pretty much can't do.

Also, minion damage is pretty much why bot lane is so passive.
    Last edited by efdf; 2011-11-26 at 07:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

His words say one thing and the actual gameplay I saw in the patch preview say something else.
    funny; I saw the exact same thing.

"we have no idea why people play Sivir, or what her problems are; so lets ignore everything we've been told and destroy her because mashing W every 3 seconds increases interactivity with her kit"

Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

17. - Top - End - #1457

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    funny; I saw the exact same thing.

"we have no idea why people play Sivir, or what her problems are; so lets ignore everything we've been told and destroy her because mashing W every 3 seconds increases interactivity with her kit"

Does make Triforce viable on her, though.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    Gragas: I'm not really seeing it.
    Gragas is already a great jungler.

Quote Originally Posted by dgnslyr View Post
    Ashe has a bad early game? Hmm, now that you mention it, she's unable to do much besides stay back and last hit. That's why I always max her E first; since I can't do any good harass in the first place, why bother investing at all, when I can have ALL THE MONIES?
    Ehh, Ashe is a better laner than people give her credit for. She's not so suited to duo bot as she is a solo though, where, with some AD runes, she can quite easily force summoners and punish mistakes. Also with the Red Buff nerf, she'll be able to better support ganks.

Quote Originally Posted by efdf View Post
    He doesn't even have to wait for the patch, jungle Ezreal is extremely easy already
    Only reason I haven't done it so far is that I'm confident enough to just pick a lot of guys and say well I'm jungling then, but not Ezreal because I feel like there's a really specific route or something. TO CUSTOM GAMES.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Does make Triforce viable on her, though.
    Initial thought process makes this a decision based on what is sivir's main source of damage now. If it's the bounce from Richocete then tri-force is a noob trap. If she's now single target with incidental AoE, it is a great item because the ease in procing it. At which point the Metagolem is in fact, her new best build.

Which sums up my doubts of the rework quite nicely; actually. Since they are clearly trying to move Sivir from the AoE carry role to something else; where does that put her? Without the new base stats being insane; a high risk, micro heavy carry, with low, low reward. All the while competing in the same conceptual space as Vayne and Graves.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2011-11-26 at 09:16 AM.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ettin in the Playground

*high fives*
    As said, YES, I am excited for the bear. BECAUSE IT'S A BEAR.
    Hurburbudur, play more Udyr.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

21. - Top - End - #1461

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    Hurburbudur, play more Udyr.
    He's only part bear. Besides, he's only bear when he's chasing. And even then he just has a bear-face. Effectively making him a Half-manbear. Not a THUNDABEAR.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I love Fred because he returned from the dead in a form that doesn't hunger for the flesh of the living! Also, he's a nice guy.

22. - Top - End - #1462

He's only part bear. Besides, he's only bear when he's chasing. And even then he just has a bear-face. Effectively making him a Half-manbear. Not a THUNDABEAR.
    NOT TRUE. Udyr is 100%, Bear, Turtle, Phoenix, and Tiger, AND ALSO 200% MAN SO I COULD SEE HOW YOU MIGHT MIX UP THAT HE IS ONLY PART BEAR I GUESS BUT YOU'D BE WRONG.
    Last edited by Arcanoi; 2011-11-26 at 11:17 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Titan in the Playground

League of Legends XXVI: We've officially jumped the shark
    I vote for this.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

24. - Top - End - #1464

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanoi View Post
    NOT TRUE. Udyr is 100%, Bear, Turtle, Phoenix, and Tiger, AND ALSO 200% MAN SO I COULD SEE HOW YOU MIGHT MIX UP THAT HE IS ONLY PART BEAR I GUESS BUT YOU'D BE WRONG.
    Still not a THUNDABEAR SPASHE MAWINE.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ettin in the Playground

Annie is more bear than you can handle.

26. - Top - End - #1466

AD Tanky DPS Nidalee.

It's unclear to me how all her cougar abilities scale, so I don't know how good this is, but apparently all the cool kids are doing it. I tend to go FM rather than Atma's, not sure if that helps or hurts.

Does anyone else play Nidalee this way?
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by Eurus View Post
    Annie is more bear than you can handle.
    She does have a healthy amount of bear... particularly with the reverse skin.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

I just played a game where I was doing very badly against teemo as cho, feeding him 2 kills early on. But my teammates (Solo que) never raged at me and instead offered encouragement, like "Don't attak the minions if he's zoning you. Wait to hit them under your tower." I forgot how easy it is to farm as cho under the tower.

After that, in teamfights, we would wreck them. My allies were cracking jokes all the time. Vlad, who was our best player, said "I feel like I'm broke." He only had a Rylai's, hextech revolver, and boots. I replied, "You know what fixes that? Hats!" He replies, "And a nice monocle." (I was gentlemen cho) Galio then says, "So do Gold/5." when he had heart of gold, kage's, and philo. And Vlad's repsonse to that, "Blood/5"

My god, I haven't had that much fun while doing badly in a solo que.

And to top it all off, I got a triple kill and the ace in the end, and the Lee sin was raging at how his mid and bot failed hard. My response was, "Oh sure, pick on the interstellic bug in a silk top hat."
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

Trueish, but he can also say (with the right skin) that he's a Beer! Can Heir Volibear say zat?

And since we're on the topic, I'll throw my two cents in:

League of Legends XXVI: It's Unbearable!
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

30. - Top - End - #1470

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    Initial thought process makes this a decision based on what is sivir's main source of damage now. If it's the bounce from Richocete then tri-force is a noob trap. If she's now single target with incidental AoE, it is a great item because the ease in procing it. At which point the Metagolem is in fact, her new best build.

Which sums up my doubts of the rework quite nicely; actually. Since they are clearly trying to move Sivir from the AoE carry role to something else; where does that put her? Without the new base stats being insane; a high risk, micro heavy carry, with low, low reward. All the while competing in the same conceptual space as Vayne and Graves.
    If there is one thing really annoying me, it is that her range is still going to be only 500! Really? I'm sorry, but she actually does not have anything that I can see to really justify being even that close to anybody; running around like a headless chicken does nothing to prevent an Akali from dashing into your face. I think with that, you are kind of right, and she is going to be more of ranged tanky dps than a true carry, running about with metagolem.

Oh, and how despite now having a CD, ricochet is still not-proccing on-hits, and still has damage dip-off. Oh, and Statikk said that they are actually nerfing other base stats to compensate for range.

I'm not a Sivir player, and to be honest, she is not catching my interest now, nor the rework changing my mind. But I can say, without some strange numbers that they haven't told us about, this is not looking like what she needs to get viable.

Spoiler
    Show