New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Woo Hoo! According to the USPS, I should get my book tomorrow!
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by Yanisa View Post
    I am also waiting, but I am international so I'm not worried yet.

I did order within 2 hours after the Giant put up this thread, so the when doesn't matter probably.
    The other thing is that I sometimes forget Ookoodook isn't some massive operation like Amazon; they're a comparatively small company who are probably dealing with a massive amount of orders.

I just wanted to be sure I shouldn't be worried yet. Seeing a lot of people respond that they had their notices just made me skittish that my order somehow got lost. I'll wait a week or so before I really start to worry.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Woo Hoo! According to the USPS, I should get my book tomorrow!
    Well hot damn, just checked and same!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    The other thing is that I sometimes forget Ookoodook isn't some massive operation like Amazon; they're a comparatively small company who are probably dealing with a massive amount of orders.

I just wanted to be sure I shouldn't be worried yet. Seeing a lot of people respond that they had their notices just made me skittish that my order somehow got lost. I'll wait a week or so before I really start to worry.
    And now I feel kinda bad. I wouldn't worry if I were you (though that's easy for me to say). Another day or two and you'll probably get it. Or, best case scenario, they forgot or mistyped or something and your book is already on the way and comes in tomorrow.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-08-01 at 11:41 AM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #154
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Shipping is still ongoing, so don't worry yet if you haven't gotten a notice.

I'm not sure what order they're doing them in, but in the past they have filled all the "solo" orders—just the book—before more complex orders with other products added in. That lets them get the most orders out the door on Day 1 and then take the time to make sure they don't mess up on Days 2+.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Still waiting on my solo order, but I know they have my correct info, so not too worried.
    I has Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

My shipping notification came in about 10 AM (central) today.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Has anyone outside the US got a shipping notification yet?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Well hot damn, just checked and same!

And now I feel kinda bad. I wouldn't worry if I were you (though that's easy for me to say). Another day or two and you'll probably get it. Or, best case scenario, they forgot or mistyped or something and your book is already on the way and comes in tomorrow.
    Oh, please don't feel bad on my account! I was just worrying unnecessarily. :-)

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Got my notification email now
    I has Trophies!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Tracking says I can expect to read it this weekend.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by USPS Tracking
    Expected Delivery by THURSDAY 2 AUGUST 2018 by 8:00pm
    Woohoo! I'll be away Friday through Monday, so if the estimate is right, this is almost too good to be true!

I live in the US Northeast, so this means that it's not just Southerners like Peelee who might be getting their books tomorrow.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Woohoo! I'll be away Friday through Monday, so if the estimate is right, this is almost too good to be true!

I live in the US Northeast, so this means that it's not just Southerners like Peelee who might be getting their books tomorrow.
    We just started putting hardwood floor in the living room. Ourselves. After work. I find the idea of reading it tomorrow mighty amusing, despite how much of like it to be true.

Also, there some places in the the US Northeast I'd certainly like to live. If only it weren't so cold...
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-08-01 at 06:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished
    Show
    OK, what kind of creature is the teleporting armadillo? It seems to have some kind of gem in its forehead, if that helps give anyone a clue.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    OK, what kind of creature is the teleporting armadillo? It seems to have some kind of gem in its forehead, if that helps give anyone a clue.

Grey Wolf
    Haven't read anything yet, but when I hear "magical creature with gemstone in forehead," I think Carbuncle. Side note, apparently carbuncle is also a word for a cluster of boils.
    Remember kids, never google image search blindly, no matter how sure you are of vocabulary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

15. - Top - End - #165
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Hey guys, if you got your book, please do NOT spoil the stories in it on this thread! People will be checking this thread to see if other people got their shipping notices and stuff, and I'm sure they would rather not learn about the contents of the book that way.

I will start a discussion thread for the book, and you can talk about it in there.

Edit: Posted here.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Has anyone outside the US got a shipping notification yet?
    Canada here. Got a notification two days ago. It was an order with multiple books (a couple of gifts for my sister-in-law).

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

If anyone else is worried, just letting you know I pre-ordered right away, ordered nothing else and live in the US and haven't received a confirmation yet. So don't worry about it. I'm sure they got tons of orders.

In the past I've received orders days before getting the confirmation email, so I wouldn't worry about not getting one :)

18. - Top - End - #168
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I got a shipping confirmation on Tuesday night, but the tracking still says "pre-shipment"... the suspense!
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.

19. - Top - End - #169

Figured it was better suited to this thread: the pull tab to open the package was completely taped over. Not a huge thing, but a mild annoyance.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

My shipping notice was waiting for me when I got home from work last night...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Figured it was better suited to this thread: the pull tab to open the package was completely taped over. Not a huge thing, but a mild annoyance.
    Mine worked just fine. (It arrived today, as promised.) I've never seen a pull tab on one of these packages before; either this is a new invention, I'm an idiot, or I need to start buying books online more often.
    Number of Character Appearances VII - To Absent Friends

Currently playing a level 20 aasimar necromancer named Zebulun Salathiel and a level 9 goliath diviner named Lo-Kag.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Player: Bob twists the vault door super hard, that should open it.
    DM: Why would you think that?
    Player: Well, Bob thinks it. And since Bob has high Int and Wis, and a lot of points in Dungeoneering, he would probably know a thing or two about how to open vault doors.
    Ah yes, the Dungeon-Kruger effect.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Emanick View Post
    Mine worked just fine. (It arrived today, as promised.) I've never seen a pull tab on one of these packages before; either this is a new invention, I'm an idiot, or I need to start buying books online more often.
    The third one. Never had it be taped over before, though. Defeated the purpose of the easy open.

But like I said, mild annoyance at worst. Not like I don't got scissors.

23. - Top - End - #173

Only time I've heard of that happening if with packages from Noble Knight.

But let's face, NK tries to hermetically seal things so the post office doesn't destroy them.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Checking in from Germany - Package went into shipping on Tuesday and according to tracking is currently in Chicago. Can't wait for it to make its way across the pond! So excited to read all the stories.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Halfling in the Playground

Q: Is all of this material new?
    A: That depends. If you didn't support the Kickstarter in 2012, then all of the material in this book is new to you; it's never been available to buy before. If you did support the Kickstarter, then the stories about Lien, Mr. Scruffy, and Kazumi and Daigo are entirely new, while the stories about O-Chul and Therkla are ones you received as PDFs when they were initially completed.
    I did back that kickstarter. I downloaded Belkar's "origin story", and Haleo & Juliett PDFs. I believe I must've missed instructions on downloading O-Chul and Threkla storylines. Who may I contact about this?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
    I did back that kickstarter. I downloaded Belkar's "origin story", and Haleo & Juliett PDFs. I believe I must've missed instructions on downloading O-Chul and Threkla storylines. Who may I contact about this?
    Just go to Kickstarter and read the approriate updates:
    Kickstarter Update #77: Download for "How the Paladin Got His Scar"
    Kickstarter Update #69: Download for "Spoiler Alert"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
    You should have received those instructions via Kickstarter update e-mails--if you're not receiving those anymore then I think it's Kickstarter you need to speak to. For reference, the updates in question are:

How the Paladin Got His Scar
    Therkla in "Spoiler Alert"

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Mine arrived today, same situation...though it doesn't sound like your package was torn open on one side except for where the tape was, unlike mine. (The interior was fine, so whatever.)
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2018-08-03 at 06:31 PM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

29. - Top - End - #179

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Mine arrived today, same situation...though it doesn't sound like your package was torn open on one side except for where the tape was, unlike mine. (The interior was fine, so whatever.)
    Oh my. No, mine was perfect except for the offending tape. Glad your payload was intact, though.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-08-04 at 08:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Please don't talk about the content of the book in this thread, even if you think it's a detail. Thanks!