New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Got it! Very nice stories, both the three new and the two I already knew from KS.
    The abilities of the Force: Control, Alter, Delete.
    Zombie Apocalypse if and only if Cake.
    My Little Dashie made me cry.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You should have received those instructions via Kickstarter update e-mails--if you're not receiving those anymore then I think it's Kickstarter you need to speak to. For reference, the updates in question are:

How the Paladin Got His Scar
    Therkla in "Spoiler Alert"
    Those links worked. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

No problem! Oh, and I got my delivery notification yesterday, so now I just have to wait for the book to make it across the Atlantic.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

To those that pre-ordered at gumroad: did you guys get an e-mail after preordering? I pre-ordered today (yes, I know it’s just 30h before the release) did not get any e-mail and am now afraid I made a typo when putting in my e-mail.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Alish View Post
    To those that pre-ordered at gumroad: did you guys get an e-mail after preordering? I pre-ordered today (yes, I know it’s just 30h before the release) did not get any e-mail and am now afraid I made a typo when putting in my e-mail.
    I pre-ordered in May and got a confirmation. (And thanks for the reminder that I should be able to download the PDF tomorrow... still waiting for the print book to make its way across the Atlantic.)

6. - Top - End - #216
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    I pre-ordered in May and got a confirmation.
    Welp. Time to e-mail gumroad, I guess...

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Thumbs up Re: New Prequel Book! Order of the Stick: Good Deeds Gone Unpunished (Book 1/2)

Forgot about this until Gen Con. Saw one of the last copies sitting on a table and scarfed it up immediately.

Thank you!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

So how long until the Gumroad books are available? I live in a different time zone and I'm not sure which zone I should be looking at.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Unbodied View Post
    So how long until the Gumroad books are available? I live in a different time zone and I'm not sure which zone I should be looking at.
    I just got the notification from Gumroad a few minutes ago.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'm not getting any notifications, on email or on Gumroad. I tried resending the receipt and when I looked at Gumroad again Good Deeds was suddenly no longer in my library.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I got the charge confirmation email at 11:08 CST, just downloaded it now.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

I just received two confirmation e-mails (on the same address) and two download links to the book, and apparently I was also charged twice. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen? Does anyone else have this issue?
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
    I just received two confirmation e-mails (on the same address) and two download links to the book, and apparently I was also charged twice. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen? Does anyone else have this issue?
    Nope. Have you confirmed the double charge?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Just bought and downloaded it from Gumroad. Hopping a flight to Europe tomorrow, so I am saving this delicious treat to brighten that otherwise dismal time waste.

I did look at the page before the preface and loved this bit (I believe I can quote it here do to it having nothing whatsoever to do with the actual book:

This book would have been printed on recycled
    paper if it had been printed at all, but since it’s
    a digital copy, it isn’t. I guess the electrons are
    recycled, technically.

15. - Top - End - #225

He uses the same blurb on all the PDFs, replacing the jokes about recycled paper. I think the blurb in this book has something to do with shambling mounds.

Yes, Rich can make even a form statement about the paper content a funny joke.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well Gumroad tech support got back to me pretty fast all things considered and they fixed the issue pretty quickly. Its still not part of my Library for some reason but they provided me a direct link to it so I'm pretty satisfied.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I'm not getting any notifications, on email or on Gumroad. I tried resending the receipt and when I looked at Gumroad again Good Deeds was suddenly no longer in my library.
    Well Gumroad tech support got back to me pretty fast all things considered and they fixed the issue pretty quickly. Its still not part of my Library for some reason but they provided me a direct link to it so I'm pretty satisfied.
    Hmm... Same thing has happened to me... How did you contact Gumroad?!
    Geez, what is it with that guy and needing to figure out all the fiddly little details?

I know, right? It's called "Suspension of Disbelief"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyl View Post
    Some speculation turns out to be accurate, some doesn't. I'll deal with it the same way I deal with all other speculative theories I read and/or come up with: by continuing to read the comic, and enjoying it whether the speculation turns out to be right or wrong.
    Spoiler: Can I have an internet?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by DeliaP View Post
    Hmm... Same thing has happened to me... How did you contact Gumroad?!
    Wheee!
    Try this.

19. - Top - End - #229

OldWizardGuy

Ughhh! Turned out to be a problem with spam filters, after all that. (stoopid spam filters). App and pdf now fine, but thanks for the replies!

...... and now I have the story to give to players who want tips on how to play a paladin!
    Geez, what is it with that guy and needing to figure out all the fiddly little details?

I know, right? It's called "Suspension of Disbelief"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyl View Post
    Some speculation turns out to be accurate, some doesn't. I'll deal with it the same way I deal with all other speculative theories I read and/or come up with: by continuing to read the comic, and enjoying it whether the speculation turns out to be right or wrong.
    Spoiler: Can I have an internet?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230

O-Chul is always a good example of how to play a paladin.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

I didn't have it either, the link was in my Spam folder.

I don't understand why there is a button marked "add to library" instead of having that done automatically.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2018-08-16 at 11:53 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232

Quote Originally Posted by The Aboleth View Post
    Here is the response I got from Ookoodook regarding address changes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shipping Manager of Ookoodook
    You would place an order now. There is an email that goes out for address changes once we get closer to shipping the packages out. You can contact [email protected] when your address changes so I can follow up with this as well.
    For what it's worth, this isn't always the case (i also didn't need it, but if address change comes up surprisingly for anyone, that could be an issue). I got a confirmation email from Ookoodook and email receipt from paypal on April 30, a pre-order advertisement from Oookoodook on May 26, and then shipping confirmation email (with tracking number) on July 31. No address change email.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Just stopping in to say that if you didn't pre-order the PDF, it's now available for sale and immediate download.

Also, while I haven't spoken to the Ookoodook people, I have to think they're done with the pre-order shipping by now, so if you want to order the book and get it right away, you can do that, too.

And it's well on it's way to game store shelves as well.

So basically, the book is out, is what I'm saying. Hope everyone enjoys it.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm a Kickstarter backer, so I've previously read and enjoyed O'Chul and Therkla's stories, but I had to get the book because I can't get enough of your work, Rich! Unfortunately I can't afford physical books (limited home space and expensive shipping), but on the other hand, with Gumroad I can support you and read the book right away! I hope you don't mind me pointing a typo - page 59 panel 8, balloon 2 - I think it should be 'than', not 'then'. That story (Lien's) I liked the most from the new ones, and that big panel on page 62 is beautiful!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, so I did pre-order the PDF, but in my Gumroad library it's still showing up as a pre-order and my card hasn't been charged, even though the email receipt said it would be released on the 15th. I'm trying to find somewhere on the website I can contact someone about this.

26. - Top - End - #236

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Look, it's a book!

How the Paladin Got His Scar: When a series of mysterious raids bring the Azurites and the neighboring hobgoblins to the brink of war, Captain O-Chul of the Azure City Army must lead an unlikely band of misfits in a desperate mission to avoid a bloody retribution.
    I just noticed this, but shouldn't it be "unlikely band of ragtag misfits"?

Oh, and I just got my PDF from GumRoad. But I bought it today, not a preorder.
    Last edited by brionl; 2018-08-17 at 01:25 PM.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by brionl View Post
    I just noticed this, but shouldn't it be "unlikely band of ragtag misfits"?
    If they were ragtag, sure. Maybe they're just misfits.

28. - Top - End - #238

MindFlayer

I just received a second copy from Ookoodook. I'm fairly sure I only ordered one copy.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck View Post
    Hmm, so I did pre-order the PDF, but in my Gumroad library it's still showing up as a pre-order and my card hasn't been charged, even though the email receipt said it would be released on the 15th. I'm trying to find somewhere on the website I can contact someone about this.
    Some of the pre-orders failed to successfully charge the card for various reasons (charge declined, or they accidentally put in the wrong number, or whatever), so that's probably what happened. Try contacting [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    I just received a second copy from Ookoodook. I'm fairly sure I only ordered one copy.
    Give it to a friend! Especially one who doesn't read OOTS usually.

If there's a rash of people getting multiple copies, I'll have a talk with Ookoodook, but it's probably just something like they forgot to clear your order from their system after they mailed it the first time.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just read it.

It's beautiful, Giant. The art is great, the writing is top notch, and the O-Chul story may well be the most thought-provoking part of OOTS lore to date. Moral conundrums similar to those faced here are very relevant to the real world, and unfortunately, it is all too common to see them dealt in less than satisfactory ways seen in this story.

And this coming right after the release of a fantasy game with an "us or them" divide that expects you to hate and wage war on "them" simply for not being "us" is just what I needed to soothe the dirty feeling from playing that one.