New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: [Bleachitp:Reborn] Mortal World IV

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "More scrolls, eh, Hirako-san?" Viatrix pulls her umbrella out, calling Fuchs. The fox 'looks' at her mischevious grin in such a way that even without facial features, Yoshi can tell he is annoyed.

What are you doing no-

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat! Bakudo #9: Geki!"

Fuchs freezes.

...What ever do I do to receive such treatment from you?

"Shush. I needed a test subject, and I am far too gracious a host to target Hirako-san." Viatrix turns back to Yoshi. "Don't mind Fuchs. These scrolls are coming along well. I'm sure they'll be popular with the new kids around here. How much are you asking?"
    Yoshi nods.

"Yes. Several copies of the same Bakudo, as well as several copies of a low-level Bakudo that creates a simple barrier. While I trust your business, things get around, and I'd rather not have offensive Hado scrolls outside of Soul Society. You understand my discretion."

He sips for a moment, seeming to consider price.

"All factors considered...We'll say 30,000 yen apiece. I have 5 each of Geki and the barrier. As well..."

He reaches into the bag and pulls out a 1.5 foot long, 1 inch diameter rod made of dull gray metal with several runes etched along it.

"This is like a slightly simplified version of the scroll. But it has multiple charges. However, since it activates like an unchanted kido, with just a channeling of energy and calling out the Kido's name, it carries a proportionate power loss. In return, it's easier to use at any one moment, and it has 15 uses before it's expended. The next model would have the ability to recharge itself; the user is actually applying only a fraction of the total energy cost.

We'll say about 70,000 yen for one.
    "

He sets the rod on the table between them, sipping his tea once more.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

[Furousha]

Viatrix examines the articles, and considers Yoshi's explanation. Fuchs slowly recovers from the paralysis, and sits off to the side, silent.

"These are very interesting. However, I've got to insist on a lower price. There are a few high school kids around here who have spiritual powers, and out of some misplaced ambition or sense of responsibility feel it's their duty to use them. They've been to the store already. While I'm not exactly a charity, I feel I should at least help them by selling these kinds of articles..." She taps her finger on an unwrapped scroll. "For a price they can afford. You probably have some kind of rules against interacting with mortals, but what about selling to a well-established medium, who in turn sells them to those who need it? I'd call that a pretty noble cause. Making a bit of coin and helping the community. I mean, you can't really just send the brute squad down and tell them to knock it off, right? They'll just do it anyway, that's how teens operate." She sips her tea. "So instead of being a hindrance, you can be a help. Right?" She gives a slight grin, a pretty convincing one, really. "And I happen to know that the average teen isn't carrying around ¥30,000 to throw willy-nilly."

"So how about ¥12,000 for the scrolls, and ¥49,000 for the... erm. What do you call it?" She points at the rod.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Furousha]

Viatrix examines the articles, and considers Yoshi's explanation. Fuchs slowly recovers from the paralysis, and sits off to the side, silent.

"These are very interesting. However, I've got to insist on a lower price. There are a few high school kids around here who have spiritual powers, and out of some misplaced ambition or sense of responsibility feel it's their duty to use them. They've been to the store already. While I'm not exactly a charity, I feel I should at least help them by selling these kinds of articles..." She taps her finger on an unwrapped scroll. "For a price they can afford. You probably have some kind of rules against interacting with mortals, but what about selling to a well-established medium, who in turn sells them to those who need it? I'd call that a pretty noble cause. Making a bit of coin and helping the community. I mean, you can't really just send the brute squad down and tell them to knock it off, right? They'll just do it anyway, that's how teens operate." She sips her tea. "So instead of being a hindrance, you can be a help. Right?" She gives a slight grin, a pretty convincing one, really. "And I happen to know that the average teen isn't carrying around ¥30,000 to throw willy-nilly."

"So how about ¥12,000 for the scrolls, and ¥49,000 for the... erm. What do you call it?" She points at the rod.
    Yoshi hummed thoughtfully.

"It's not unknown for mortals to gain powers. Most in Soul Society don't like it, especially the nobility, but I can't begrudge them the whims of fate so long as they don't intentionally endanger other humans, especially the deceased. Hopefully they stay safe.

Honestly I didn't expect 30,000 to be the final price. 12,000 is reasonable. Once I have production down to a faster process, I might be willing to sell in bulk, for certain values of the word "bulk".

And I call them Kido Rods. I considered "wand", but they're a bit too sturdy for the word, and it's a bit too...culturally baggaged. "Rod" is a bit more neutral, metaphorically speaking. As for that price...why not make it an even number at 50,000? But I'll give you a deal there as well; if you're willing to buy 10 or more, I'll sell them for 39,000 apiece.
    "

He sips his tea with a smile.

"Really, it's all relative for me. Though your suggestion of playing the stock market has paid some dividends. My personal computing devices make it fairly trivial."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Yoshi hummed thoughtfully.

"It's not unknown for mortals to gain powers. Most in Soul Society don't like it, especially the nobility, but I can't begrudge them the whims of fate so long as they don't intentionally endanger other humans, especially the deceased. Hopefully they stay safe.

Honestly I didn't expect 30,000 to be the final price. 12,000 is reasonable. Once I have production down to a faster process, I might be willing to sell in bulk, for certain values of the word "bulk".
    "Sounds like a deal, then."

And I call them Kido Rods. I considered "wand", but they're a bit too sturdy for the word, and it's a bit too...culturally baggaged. "Rod" is a bit more neutral, metaphorically speaking. As for that price...why not make it an even number at 50,000? But I'll give you a deal there as well; if you're willing to buy 10 or more, I'll sell them for 39,000 apiece."

He sips his tea with a smile.
    "Can't really argue with that price. The scrolls I had imagined as being more marketable, but there's a few wealthy families around town I know to be active. Money is great, but information is the greatest tool an enterprising saleswoman like myself can use."

"Really, it's all relative for me. Though your suggestion of playing the stock market has paid some dividends. My personal computing devices make it fairly trivial."
    Viatrix gives a haughty laugh. "It's like stealing money." With that, she sips the last of her tea.

"So, what payment method would you prefer? As always, I keep a handy amount of yen in my personal vault for such occasions, I have any number of checking accounts, or I can simply deposit it directly to a bank account." She pauses. "The modern age sure is wonderful, isn't it? I can't imagine how much of a pain it is to live in Soul Society, from what I've heard of it. Not to mention how frustrating it must be as the only technologically savvy division with a bunch of old farts holding onto ancient traditions."
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Sounds like a deal, then."
    "Excellent."

"Can't really argue with that price. The scrolls I had imagined as being more marketable, but there's a few wealthy families around town I know to be active. Money is great, but information is the greatest tool an enterprising saleswoman like myself can use."
    "I agree, information is incredibly valuable. As a scientist, one might say all my work is wrapped up in information in some way."

Viatrix gives a haughty laugh. "It's like stealing money." With that, she sips the last of her tea.
    Yoshi finishes his cup with a chuckle.

"Such is the tiresome burden of genius given resources."

"So, what payment method would you prefer? As always, I keep a handy amount of yen in my personal vault for such occasions, I have any number of checking accounts, or I can simply deposit it directly to a bank account." She pauses. "The modern age sure is wonderful, isn't it? I can't imagine how much of a pain it is to live in Soul Society, from what I've heard of it. Not to mention how frustrating it must be as the only technologically savvy division with a bunch of old farts holding onto ancient traditions."
    "Half goes to the same account as always. The other half to the following new account. I'm trying to diversify without having to appear in person too often."

A slip of paper is passed over the table. A pained sigh escapes his lips as she mentions the modern age.

"Indeed. Though there are a fair number of Shingiami with their heads on straight. Some, though, are under the mistaken impression computers make things worse, especially in the area of information storage and retrieval. All because they're willfully, stubbornly ignorant. Such is existence, I suppose. I'm still young, for a Shinigami. I hope to see the Gotei, at least, modernize even more within my lifetime. Fresh blood, and honest communication and education, should go a long way. The Commander-General is fairly helpful overall, as well. It could most definitely be worse. At least we've got indoor plumbing."

He gives a melodramatic shudder at the thought of the alternative.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex grinned nervously. Enough beating around the bush. "Yeah. We're not Substitute Shinigami, but huntin' Hollows is kind of the family business back home."
    Daichi smiles. "Ah.

Here's my request to you, then. Please, make sure Izumi stays safe. She can rush into things, at times, and... well, none of us are really able to make sure of her safety ourselves, so the best I can really do is ask you to look out for her."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-09-14 at 03:47 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    "Awww, even though you're a youkai you still get tired like anyone else. I'd really like to try marching like you suggested. Is there a certain form of etiquette I need to observe?"
    Kazari

Kazari closed her eyes and raised her nose in the air.
    "Never talk while marching." She answered.
    "You speak like a human. And you don't know hierarchy of order. It will be a great offense. Probably they will just eat you."

The house became see-able. Kazari continued to walk, but makes thinking noises.
    "You should wear a blindfold too. Your eyes are human.
    My power will disguise you. Some probably will think it is me. But you should not speak. Unless one speaks to you first. Maybe that is a good rule.

Ah. You should not walk together with someone. It is the rank that decides position. We are not unpredictable. Humans just don't know our world."

"...There are many rules."
    She admits.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2011-09-14 at 04:41 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

"It's not like you're actually hiding your true powers and running around as a superhero, Mr. Reiji. There's nothing wrong with you not being able to fight.

And I guess I kind of understand your point. Still...There was a lot at stake. You'll forgive me if I'm annoyed for a while.
    "

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat at Sadako's expression.

"I...uh...yeah, I'm not super hurt, Ms. Sadako. But you can look me over, after you make sure my parents are alright."
    Wordlessly, she looks back at his parents, who are carefully placed on the seat besides them. They look fine, though they're still unconscious. But she nods anyway.

What's with the sudden mutism?

At the superhero remark, Reiji let out a short laugh.

"Well, being annoyed at this whole situation is your prerogative, Kaitou-kun. I know how stressful it can be to be under threats of that size.

Anyway, we're here."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Kazari

Spoiler
    Show
    Kazari closed her eyes and raised her nose in the air.
    "Never talk while marching." She answered.
    "You speak like a human. And you don't know hierarchy of order. It will be a great offense. Probably they will just eat you."

The house became see-able. Kazari continued to walk, but makes thinking noises.
    "You should wear a blindfold too. Your eyes are human.
    My power will disguise you. Some probably will think it is me. But you should not speak. Unless one speaks to you first. Maybe that is a good rule.

Ah. You should not walk together with someone. It is the rank that decides position. We are not unpredictable. Humans just don't know our world."

"...There are many rules."
    She admits.
    Ren's grin returned. "Well I'm doubtlessly very fortunate to have such a refined and knowledgeable instructor to explain them all to me. I'm sure I would be eaten without your help, but with it I bet things will be a cinch. Still, if I were a youkai it would all be so much easier and I'd get to really walk with you. I wonder if there's some way I could become one."
    Spoiler
    Show

Instead of saying see-able you could say "the house came into view/into sight" or say "the house became visible."

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Ren's grin returned. "Well I'm doubtlessly very fortunate to have such a refined and knowledgeable instructor to explain them all to me. I'm sure I would be eaten without your help, but with it I bet things will be a cinch. Still, if I were a youkai it would all be so much easier and I'd get to really walk with you. I wonder if there's some way I could become one."
    Spoiler
    Show

Instead of saying see-able you could say "the house came into view/into sight" or say "the house became visible."
    Kazari

"Yes. It is unfortunate other humans don't have a teacher like me." Kazari agrees.
    "Of course if you were a monster, I would be above your rank. So I would walk in front of you." Kazari makes a smile of self-indulgence.

"Unfortunately I don't know humans who become youkai. Some become deities. Some become ghosts. A long time ago there were some magician who can do such a thing. But not anymore I think. It is the fault of electric abominations.
    But even in such a world, I am sure it is possible."

Kazari uninterestedly shrugs. When Ren said it first time, Kazari was surprised. But of course it is natural to have longing for youkai nature for her. It is a strange idea to want to be human.

Kazari frowns with an idea and stop.
    She looks at Ren.
    "If I let you borrow my powers I suppose it would be like that."

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    Wordlessly, she looks back at his parents, who are carefully placed on the seat besides them. They look fine, though they're still unconscious. But she nods anyway.

What's with the sudden mutism?

At the superhero remark, Reiji let out a short laugh.

"Well, being annoyed at this whole situation is your prerogative, Kaitou-kun. I know how stressful it can be to be under threats of that size.

Anyway, we're here."
    Kaito shot Sadako an unsure look. He wasn't quite sure what was going on there.

"Thanks for understanding. And it's not that I think my folks are severely wounded, but they did get Hollow-napped. I'm understandably concerned."

He smiled as it was announced they were at the house. He gratefully unbuckled his seatbelt and started opening the door.

"Ugh. I think I'm just going to kick back for a while."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Orc in the Playground

"Sadako-san, make sure to bring our guests to their rooms and make them comfortable. I'll be right there as soon as I finish a little business here." Reiji noted to his maid.

Sadako nodded enthusiastically and picked up Kaito's parents with care, yet little effort. There was some grace to what she did, really.

And of course, at this point a certain man was likely to be awaiting at the main living room...

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]
    "I've been in... well, that's not the right word." Hibiki considers. "I've been near this town for a while. You could say I'm not exactly a member of Soul Society anymore."

"I was simply curious about the state of my students."
    [Furousha Shop]

Viatrix pulls out her smartphone, and in swift order, she transfers the directed amounts to each account. "...Yeah, I can't remember a time I didn't have in-door plumbing. But this right here... This is a real beauty." She grins as she slides the phone across the table. "Newest model, not even in circulation yet. Such is the benefit of being a wealthy young entrepreneur like myself. I made a few modifications with one of those reiphones you sold me a while back. If there's a phone in anywhere from existence, this can call it. Taking those hardware and software engineering classes certainly paid off. I wouldn't call myself your peer, Hirako-san, but I'm catching up." She gives a teasing wink.

[Mitsurugi House]

As Kaito enters the house, he might notice the rather hawkish man sitting at the couch in a rather rigid position. He wears a black business suit, and is quite obviously not japanese, with his rather pale complexion and green eyes. Nero had opted not to wear his glasses this time, figuring while he wouldn't use another persona for this meeting, he would at least change things up a little.

Agent 01 had been waiting for a short time before Reiji entered. He steels himself, knowing that he had to have a delicate touch to this; the Watanabe's son was one of Valeria's classmates, after all. The agent waits for Reiji to leave the car before approaching. After all, this was a business call.

"Greetings, Mitsurugi Reiji. I am Nero Abel, a representative for Durandal."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-14 at 02:25 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Viatrix pulls out her smartphone, and in swift order, she transfers the directed amounts to each account. "...Yeah, I can't remember a time I didn't have in-door plumbing. But this right here... This is a real beauty." She grins as she slides the phone across the table. "Newest model, not even in circulation yet. Such is the benefit of being a wealthy young entrepreneur like myself. I made a few modifications with one of those reiphones you sold me a while back. If there's a phone in anywhere from existence, this can call it. Taking those hardware and software engineering classes certainly paid off. I wouldn't call myself your peer, Hirako-san, but I'm catching up." She gives a teasing wink.
    Yoshi raises an eyebrow as he picks the phone up and examines it, opening and closing it, scanning a few of the functions, and so on.

"Fascinating. Very fascinating. You display your true colors as both a scientist and a businesswoman, Ms. Klossner.

And you're only catching up so long as I don't improve myself. A rare day indeed. I'm eager to see the day you come even closer, though. There are depressingly few scientific minds of our caliber outside of 12th, and even then it can be hard to find the ones who can still function in normal society. I daresay you're one of the most gracious hosts I've had in quite a while. Perhaps when I've managed to prove myself worthy of a higher rank within my Division, which ought to be very, very soon, I'll see what I can do to return the hospitality.
    "
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2011-09-14 at 02:48 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes. It is unfortunate other humans don't have a teacher like me." Kazari agrees.
    "Of course if you were a monster, I would be above your rank. So I would walk in front of you." Kazari makes a smile of self-indulgence.

"Unfortunately I don't know humans who become youkai. Some become deities. Some become ghosts. A long time ago there were some magician who can do such a thing. But not anymore I think. It is the fault of electric abominations.
    But even in such a world, I am sure it is possible."

Kazari uninterestedly shrugs. When Ren said it first time, Kazari was surprised. But of course it is natural to have longing for youkai nature for her. It is a strange idea to want to be human.

Kazari frowns with an idea and stop.
    She looks at Ren.
    "If I let you borrow my powers I suppose it would be like that."
    "Of course I wouldn't mind walking behind you. It'd be fun to have a reversal of roles now and then. I'd love to have you teach me more things about your kind too. I'm also sure it's possible. I just wonder if I'll ever find out how. It's not really a big deal to me though. It's just something I think about occasionally." When Kazari stops Ren naturally does the same. "How would that work?" he asked curiously.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-09-14 at 02:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

[Houheiden Shrine]

[Furousha Shop]

[Mitsurugi House]

As Kaito enters the house, he might notice the rather hawkish man sitting at the couch in a rather rigid position. He wears a black business suit, and is quite obviously not japanese, with his rather pale complexion and green eyes. Nero had opted not to wear his glasses this time, figuring while he wouldn't use another persona for this meeting, he would at least change things up a little.

Agent 01 had been waiting for a short time before Reiji entered. He steels himself, knowing that he had to have a delicate touch to this; the Watanabe's son was one of Valeria's classmates, after all. The agent waits for Reiji to leave the car before approaching. After all, this was a business call.

"Nero-san, welcome to my home. Your firm comes highly recommended in these matters, and considering my situation, it wouldn't do to allow something like this to happen again. It's... unsightly."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Mitsurugi House]

"Nero-san, welcome to my home. Your firm comes highly recommended in these matters, and considering my situation, it wouldn't do to allow something like this to happen again. It's... unsightly."
    Kaito manages to not freeze in place instantly when he enters and sees Nero sitting on the couch. He did not know this man, and was unsure how he'd entered the house. When he stood and walked to greet Reiji, Kaito's paranoia and curiosity burned strongly enough he couldn't help but follow, and thus hear.

When he heard the man's last name, he barely repressed the surge of panic he felt.

'This is Val's dad? Oh crap! He knows what we did already! Val got hurt! Oh please don't kill me please don't kill me...Wait. "Durandal"? Why does that sound familiar?'

His expression went from restrained panic to pure confusion as not only did the man give business as his reasoning, but Reiji seemed to have heard of him. What was going on?

18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground

Shipwreck, English Channel

As he scrubbed away the moss on the ship's hull and the name came into view, Apolinar nodded - this was it alright. Trudging through the crushing depths, he finds what he's looking for soon enough, a skeleton crushed under the rotten weight of a smashed mast. With some difficulty, he prises away the skull with the helmet still attached and sits on the mast.

General Apolinar Rodriguez looks the skull of Sargeant Apolinar Rodriguez dead in the eyesocket and begins to think.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Orc in the Playground

Yoshi raises an eyebrow as he picks the phone up and examines it, opening and closing it, scanning a few of the functions, and so on.

"Fascinating. Very fascinating. You display your true colors as both a scientist and a businesswoman, Ms. Klossner.

And you're only catching up so long as I don't improve myself. A rare day indeed. I'm eager to see the day you come even closer, though. There are depressingly few scientific minds of our caliber outside of 12th, and even then it can be hard to find the ones who can still function in normal society. I daresay you're one of the most gracious hosts I've had in quite a while. Perhaps when I've managed to prove myself worthy of a higher rank within my Division, which ought to be very, very soon, I'll see what I can do to return the hospitality.
    "
    Viatrix laughs. "Don't make promises you can't keep, Hirako-san, I'm very unpleasant when I'm disappointed. Good doing business with you, though. I'm sure you've got to get going, but first..." She walks over to the kitchen, and returns with a packet of darjeeling white, offering it with a grin. "Consider it a bonus."

Nero's expression stays flat. "Indeed. Shall we get down to business?" He gives Kaito a slight glance. It's the kind of glance that could turn a prison-hardened criminal into a crying wreck, but it also subtly suggests that it would be in the boy's best interest to keep it quiet. The kind of glare that pervades Kaito's brain with the inescapable truth that this was an incredibly dangerous man, and if he liked, he could sneak into his bedroom and snap his neck. But he wouldn't do that. He just wanted him to know he could do that.

Just as quickly, he turns back to Reiji, despite the fact that he could not see this gesture.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-14 at 06:35 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

"Abel-san, I may be blind, but that has made me that much more sensitive to certain... changes in the atmosphere. Please refrain from intimidating my guest, if you would." Reiji offered in his defense.

Perhaps that did offer Abel a hint to the fact that Reiji COULD actually see. Not that Reiji minded.

"Kaito-kun, you must be tired. Forgive me, but could you go to your room for a little while?"

Reiji was not entirely expecting a man of such presence to come to his home, much less to glare at Kaito for no apparent reason. He'd have to get the details later...

"Well then."

Reiji sat down naturally at the couch opposed to Nero's.

"Let's talk business."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

"Well I didn't intend to. He just happened to walk by. In retrospect I should have been more careful. Anyway, Hibiki revealed that he was a shinigami by visiting the shrine dressed as such and said he came to check up on us after the fight we were in. He also said he and others would help prepare us to better defend ourselves in future hollow encounters and that he was sorry he hadn't helped us so far."
    "Well, uh, okay. I guess that's kinda good to know." Kina turns her head and looks over her other shoulder for a moment, then keeps looking forward. "That's kinda, um, creepy though."

(Edit: Dur. )
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2011-09-14 at 07:59 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

22. - Top - End - #472
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    (Wait, should Kina even know who Hibiki is? I don't remember this character at all.)

"Well, uh, okay. I guess that's kinda good to know." Kina turns her head and looks over her other shoulder for a moment, then keeps looking forward.
    ((Yes, since he's her homeroom teacher. ))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Viatrix laughs. "Don't make promises you can't keep, Hirako-san, I'm very unpleasant when I'm disappointed. Good doing business with you, though. I'm sure you've got to get going, but first..." She walks over to the kitchen, and returns with a packet of darjeeling white, offering it with a grin. "Consider it a bonus."
    Yoshi grinned at Viatrix as he accepted the packet.

"A generous bonus indeed, from a generous business partner. And I intend to keep the promise, Ms. Klossner. Suffice to say our Division needs another man of vision near the top, and I am that man. Anyways. It was a pleasant and fruitful meeting, as always. I'll be in touch, Ms. Klossner. Try to stay out of too much trouble."

He'd made sure to empty out what stock he had of his Kido Scrolls, and left the Kido Rod on the table (it was the only one he had on his person at the time). The tea was tucked away into the over-the-shoulder bag as he stood and walked toward the door, stopping for a moment to throw a jaunty wave and a wink at Viatrix before he exited the shop.

He was gone from the Mortal World a couple of minutes later.

Nero's expression stays flat. "Indeed. Shall we get down to business?" He gives Kaito a slight glance. It's the kind of glance that could turn a prison-hardened criminal into a crying wreck, but it also subtly suggests that it would be in the boy's best interest to keep it quiet. The kind of glare that pervades Kaito's brain with the inescapable truth that this was an incredibly dangerous man, and if he liked, he could sneak into his bedroom and snap his neck. But he wouldn't do that. He just wanted him to know he could do that.

Just as quickly, he turns back to Reiji, despite the fact that he could not see this gesture.
    'Durandal, Durandal. Where did I...? OH! The sword of Roland, that guy from European-'

As Nero glanced...no, glared at Kaito, his body and mind froze in place. He could barely breath. He couldn't think. He felt luck certain controls weren't lost. In essence, he was flooded with fear. He knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this man was dangerous, and that he was entirely willing to use that danger against his person, whatever the reason.

"Abel-san, I may be blind, but that has made me that much more sensitive to certain... changes in the atmosphere. Please refrain from intimidating my guest, if you would." Reiji offered in his defense.

Perhaps that did offer Abel a hint to the fact that Reiji COULD actually see. Not that Reiji minded.

"Kaito-kun, you must be tired. Forgive me, but could you go to your room for a little while?"

Reiji was not entirely expecting a man of such presence to come to his home, much less to glare at Kaito for no apparent reason. He'd have to get the details later...

"Well then."

Reiji sat down naturally at the couch opposed to Nero's.

"Let's talk business."
    Reiji's words broke the spell over Kaito. He answered shakily.

"Ye-Yes sir, Mr. Reiji sir. I'll be in my room."

He all but dashed up the stairs in his haste to get away from Nero.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

Nero breaks his flat tone for a moment. He's almost legitimately amused. Or is he? "I've still got it. I meant no harm, Mitsurugi-san. "

But then, just as Reiji sits down, he is back to his usual neutral expression. "You are aware that the firm I represent is heavily invested in the spiritual world. We protect and rehabilitate families displaced by spiritual events. But you are an intelligent man, and I will not insult your intelligence by explaining further."

"As I understand, Watanabe Akira and Hinata both were abducted by a yet unknown entity who apparently could control hollows. It is quite obvious that considering recent events, someone is fixated on either you or the Watanabes, or both. Durandal will work on a dedicated two-way front with as little intrusion into your lives as possible."

"First, we will provide an agent to yourself, your assistant, Akira, Hinata, and Kaito. They will monitor you to ensure your safety, but will stay out of sight. We acknowledge this is a stressful proposition, and will accommodate any requests to cease our surveillance. However this is not recommended." Nero pauses for any questions or concerns.

"Second, our investigators will do their best to track down the culprit. As such, any further information you or the Watanabes can provide will be of value. We request that you do not go searching for the perpetrator yourself, as much as you may think it to be your responsibility." He pauses again.

"We make no promises, but do not expect payment until your lives are no longer in danger. And we are not so crass as to expect profit over your well-being, so we will accommodate any payment plan that will be reasonable to your budget, as considerable as I understand it is. Is this acceptable?" Nero's spiel was... well. Excellently performed. Though he knew the culprit, he did not once betray his knowledge. As much as he hated Hiroto, it was not his duty to reveal the man until Agent 00 ordered him to do so. "I do not overjoy in expecting payment for a service that ought be good will, but manpower and equipment does not come free."
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-14 at 08:53 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tgva8889 View Post
    "Well, uh, okay. I guess that's kinda good to know." Kina turns her head and looks over her other shoulder for a moment, then keeps looking forward. "That's kinda, um, creepy though."
    "I don't really mind that he didn't tell any of us anything until now since he's not obligated to." Ken paused and noted the bandage on Kina's hand. "I'm glad you're taking care of your hand. I'm sorry I made you feel uncomfortable again and I'm sorry for being weird in general. I really appreciate you telling it to me straight yesterday. Like I said the second day we met, if something I do bothers you just tell me. Of course I should try my best not to bother you in the first place. Would you mind letting me carry your bag for you?"

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

Nero breaks his flat tone for a moment. He's almost legitimately amused. Or is he? "I've still got it. I meant no harm, Mitsurugi-san. "

But then, just as Reiji sits down, he is back to his usual neutral expression. "You are aware that the firm I represent is heavily invested in the spiritual world. We protect and rehabilitate families displaced by spiritual events. But you are an intelligent man, and I will not insult your intelligence by explaining further."

"As I understand, Watanabe Akira and Hinata both were abducted by a yet unknown entity who apparently could control hollows. It is quite obvious that considering recent events, someone is fixated on either you or the Watanabes, or both. Durandal will work on a dedicated two-way front with as little intrusion into your lives as possible."

"First, we will provide an agent to yourself, your assistant, Akira, Hinata, and Kaito. They will monitor you to ensure your safety, but will stay out of sight. We acknowledge this is a stressful proposition, and will accommodate any requests to cease our surveillance. However this is not recommended." Nero pauses for any questions or concerns.

"Second, our investigators will do their best to track down the culprit. As such, any further information you or the Watanabes can provide will be of value. We request that you do not go searching for the perpetrator yourself, as much as you may think it to be your responsibility." He pauses again.

"We make no promises, but do not expect payment until your lives are no longer in danger. And we are not so crass as to expect profit over your well-being, so we will accommodate any payment plan that will be reasonable to your budget, as considerable as I understand it is. Is this acceptable?" Nero's spiel was... well. Excellently performed. Though he knew the culprit, he did not once betray his knowledge. As much as he hated Hiroto, it was not his duty to reveal the man until Agent 00 ordered him to do so. "I do not overjoy in expecting payment for a service that ought be good will, but manpower and equipment does not come free."
    Reiji's line of work had him dealing with all manners of liars, professional or otherwise, that one could possibly imagine. It was perhaps the absence of any real detail that could indicate he knew more than he was telling that bugged Reiji the most - but he had nothing else to go on but that feeling, so he felt best not to touch upon that venue. The redhaired prosecutor thought for a moment before answering.

"As I'm sure you're aware, Nero-san, the Watanabes have gone through a great deal of stress lately. For someone who deals so heavily into these affairs, no doubt you are at least vaguely aware that my own abilities have aided me in delivering justice by working with a number of spiritual beings that have helped me discern the circunstances of a number of unsolved crimes.

In light of that and so as to not harm my current working arrangements, of which I am very, very fond, I would request that surveillance be limited to the outside of my house's premises. I do not mind that you make efforts to keep me or the Watanabes safe so long as you are ENTIRELY unobtrusive in that respect. I do not wish for my sources to feel intimidated.

I will not seek the perpetrator myself, but I do ask that none of your investigators try to keep tabs on my team. They are spirits I've been working with for several years and they have my utmost trust - they have even saved my life on certain occasions.

I understand that makes your work more difficult, and I am prepared to pay extra for accomodating my request."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2011-09-14 at 11:00 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Reiji's line of work had him dealing with all manners of liars, professional or otherwise, that one could possibly imagine. It was perhaps the absence of any real detail that could indicate he knew more than he was telling that bugged Reiji the most - but he had nothing else to go on but that feeling, so he felt best not to touch upon that venue. The redhaired prosecutor thought for a moment before answering.

"As I'm sure you're aware, Nero-san, the Watanabes have gone through a great deal of stress lately. For someone who deals so heavily into these affairs, no doubt you are at least vaguely aware that my own abilities have aided me in delivering justice by working with a number of spiritual beings that have helped me discern the circunstances of a number of unsolved crimes.

In light of that and so as to not harm my current working arrangements, of which I am very, very fond, I would request that surveillance be limited to the outside of my house's premises. I do not mind that you make efforts to keep me or the Watanabes safe so long as you are ENTIRELY unobtrusive in that respect. I do not wish for my sources to feel intimidated.

I will not seek the perpetrator myself, but I do ask that none of your investigators try to keep tabs on my team. They are spirits I've been working with for several years and they have my utmost trust - they have even saved my life on certain occasions.

I understand that makes your work more difficult, and I am prepared to pay extra for accomodating my request."
    "On principle, we do not enter our clients' households unless requested, so you may rest assured that we will respect both yours and the Watanabes' privacy. Our agents are some of the best-equipped and skillful in our trade, despite the limited scope of involvement in spiritual matters among us mortals. We hire from many government agencies across the world. I would personally guarantee, you will very likely not notice us, even if you're looking." Nero bridges his fingers. "As for the remainder of your request, I will take that into account. Do not worry about extra compensation. We are a reasonable group, so we attempt to adapt to our clientele as best we can. We trust you not to be a hindrance to our operations, just as you trust us to keep you safe."

"Now... Who among the Watanabes are spiritually aware?"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2011-09-14 at 11:52 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course I wouldn't mind walking behind you. It'd be fun to have a reversal of roles now and then. I'd love to have you teach me more things about your kind too. I'm also sure it's possible. I just wonder if I'll ever find out how. It's not really a big deal to me though. It's just something I think about occasionally." When Kazari stops Ren naturally does the same. "How would that work?" he asked curiously.
    Kazari

Kazari thinks.
    "Maybe two ways. She admits. She shows fingers for counting numbers.

"First way. When I am a necklace form, I can channel my power into you. Of course, you have to want it and make contract with me. Maybe it would not be everything, but if I make myself very sleepy, it should be a supernatural feeling for almost one day. I think. I have not tried such a thing, but a certain scarf mentioned such a thing is possible with confidence. But even she did not do it for one day. Only for fighting."

Quote Originally Posted by Erima
    [Takara House]
    Eating strawberries and wearing comfortable pajamas, Erima sneezes.
    Takara looks and steals a strawberry.
    "Next way. When I am human form, probably the same thing is possible. Making contract is more difficult maybe, but with human existence I can sustain for longer with food power. Maybe a few days."

She shrugs.
    "It is not as easy as to take ghost powers, I think. But it is probably safer too. Unless you go marching."

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

"On principle, we do not enter our clients' households unless requested, so you may rest assured that we will respect both yours and the Watanabes' privacy. Our agents are some of the best-equipped and skillful in our trade, despite the limited scope of involvement in spiritual matters among us mortals. We hire from many government agencies across the world. I would personally guarantee, you will very likely not notice us, even if you're looking." Nero bridges his fingers. "As for the remainder of your request, I will take that into account. Do not worry about extra compensation. We are a reasonable group, so we attempt to adapt to our clientele as best we can. We trust you not to be a hindrance to our operations, just as you trust us to keep you safe."

"Now... Who among the Watanabes are spiritually aware?"
    Now THAT question piqued his curiosity. But then again, he needed to offer this man a measure of his trust if nothing else - he was charging Nero with his protection too, after all.

"I'm not certain about the parents, but the boy most definitely is. Although the Watanabes were not the only ones abducted. I think others in his class also had siblings and other loved ones taken in the same event.

Due to the different nature of the crimes themselves, as well as the involvement of spiritual entities, I do not believe the earlier attempt on the Watanabes and the current incident are related. I'm fairly sure I was the target of the assault, whereas I wasn't so much as home when the kidnapping took place."

Spoiler
    Show
    I figure Reiji would have told "Durandal" about the earlier attempt, if it weren't on the news already.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Kazari

Spoiler
    Show
    Kazari thinks.
    "Maybe two ways. She admits. She shows fingers for counting numbers.

"First way. When I am a necklace form, I can channel my power into you. Of course, you have to want it and make contract with me. Maybe it would not be everything, but if I make myself very sleepy, it should be a supernatural feeling for almost one day. I think. I have not tried such a thing, but a certain scarf mentioned such a thing is possible with confidence. But even she did not do it for one day. Only for fighting."

"Next way. When I am human form, probably the same thing is possible. Making contract is more difficult maybe, but with human existence I can sustain for longer with food power. Maybe a few days."

She shrugs.
    "It is not as easy as to take ghost powers, I think. But it is probably safer too. Unless you go marching."
    "Well I wouldn't want to take anything from you, even temporarily. I also don't like the first method because if we're in danger you wouldn't get to physically fight alongside me like you want to. I guess we could try the second method sometime since it'd give me a reason to buy you lots of treats." Ren smiled slightly and gave Kazari a knowing look. "If you don't want to do either then I won't ask you to. You didn't seem too thrilled about telling me this."