New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Temples of Dalachrech I

Mel screams as her calves are burnt, but she can withstand some measure of pain..she tries to grab a branding iron, and stands near the trap door, waiting out of sight

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Temple - Timeline One]

Despair, apparently, is rather inexpressive, or at least can be; despite what she just went through, she's much more composed than Toy and her sisters were after their first night with Azurelle.

"It certainly seems that way, mistress," she agrees, voice somewhat pained, though not as much as one might expect.

[Riverside Temple - Timeline Two]

Unfortunately, Despair, already being in the loft, can still see Mel, and goes to pick up one of the knives, tail lashing.

"Put that down you fool," she hisses, glaring at the drowess. "You don't seriously think you'll get away, do you?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Timeline 1

"We need to get going; I've set up for another slave capture. Come, help me get my dress back on." Azurelle stands up and leaves the bed, walking over to where she left her dress. Despite her nudity, she is confident in her ability to control Despair/Wussy and it shows in her pose.

Like before, she'll spend a lot of her time being dressed distracted by Despair/Wussy's body.

Riverside Temple- Timeline 2

There's also very few places to hide- the Punishment Room is an attic with sloping walls meeting in the middle for a small ceiling and decorated solely with a brazier, wall-mounted whip/knife racks and manacles from the ceiling.

((the room is shaped like an A, though the legs are longer in relation to the cross-bar))
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Temple - Timeline 1]

As before, Despair quickly complies with the order to help Azurelle dress and will, while not even trying to avoid it, not be terribly hindered by the paladin's actions.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Riverside Temple - Timeline Two]

Unfortunately, Despair, already being in the loft, can still see Mel, and goes to pick up one of the knives, tail lashing.

"Put that down you fool," she hisses, glaring at the drowess. "You don't seriously think you'll get away, do you?"
    Mel jabs the brand at Despair "I think I have a fair chance. and if I have to kill you to get out so be it...or...you could help. your choice"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside- Timeline 1

When she notices how little effect she's having, Azurelle ups the ante, trying harder to cause Despair/Wussy to flinch, yelp, or otherwise show discomfort or pain.

More visible displays of discomfort at Azurelle's activities encourage her to continue less than stoically taking it all in- Azurelle sees the lack of reaction a challenge, and exerts more energy to get the reaction she wants.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iElf View Post
    Mel jabs the brand at Despair "I think I have a fair chance. and if I have to kill you to get out so be it...or...you could help. your choice"
    Despair sidesteps the jab, bringing her knife down to try to slice into Mel's arm as she does.

"Azurelle is more powerful than I am, and she's not the only one here,"
    the Tiefling responds, something stirring under the back of her shirt as the channeling she's done in the last few days, combined with her anger and adrenalin, cause her heritage to express itself more fully. "And I saw you fight in the warehouse; you're not that good. No deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Riverside- Timeline 1

When she notices how little effect she's having, Azurelle ups the ante, trying harder to cause Despair/Wussy to flinch, yelp, or otherwise show discomfort or pain.

More visible displays of discomfort at Azurelle's activities encourage her to continue less than stoically taking it all in- Azurelle sees the lack of reaction a challenge, and exerts more energy to get the reaction she wants.
    Despair does begin to flinch a bit more often, and, as she's still fairly beat up from the curtain, an occasional yelp or hiss can be gotten too, though it still doesn't affect the speed at which she dresses Azurelle that much.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside- Timeline 1

Azurelle continues at the current level of harassment, content with the reaction she's getting enough to not continue. When she's dressed, she'll go back to sit on the bed. "Now, it's your turn to get dressed. Don't mind me; I'll just watch. Make it entertaining."

Riverside- Timeline 2

Azurelle starts to climb the ladder. She'll likely arrive next post.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "Yes Master," Brand says. "There are four weeks supply in the pantry. I'd like to increase that by four, but it's difficult to know where to find the resources."

It's a clumsy code, but Brand hopes Justin is able to follow it.
    Hermitage - Guest Room

Clumsy? Yes. Hard to follow? Nah. Huh. Four in the kitchen, four location unknown. "The market might have what you need," he says as he removes the note from the pad, and then tosses it in his mouth and starts chewing. "Do you know how to get there? He swallows the note. Not as good as Brand's cooking but not bad.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage - Guest Room

"Yes, Sir, but..." Brand strains a moment, trying to work out a code. Too bad he doesn't know they aren't being listened in on! "... lately, no one at the market has seen the special peppers I've been looking for. They used to be freely available, but now they seem to have disappeared. I hope the entire harvest hasn't been consumed."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Despair sidesteps the jab, bringing her knife down to try to slice into Mel's arm as she does.

"Azurelle is more powerful than I am, and she's not the only one here,"
    the Tiefling responds, something stirring under the back of her shirt as the channeling she's done in the last few days, combined with her anger and adrenalin, cause her heritage to express itself more fully. "And I saw you fight in the warehouse; you're not that good. No deal."
    Mel screams,dropping the iron, and clutching her arm "arrgh!!!!bitch! you're going to regret this!" the drow kneels down, glaring up at Despair

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside- Timeline 1

Azurelle continues at the current level of harassment, content with the reaction she's getting enough to not continue. When she's dressed, she'll go back to sit on the bed. "Now, it's your turn to get dressed. Don't mind me; I'll just watch. Make it entertaining."
    Despair hastily complies with Azurelle's instructions, doing her best to put on a good show for the paladin, which, having had to do this for other masters, she's probably reasonably good at, especially as, unless something is done to hurry her, she focuses much more on making it entertaining than fast.

Mel screams,dropping the iron, and clutching her arm "arrgh!!!!bitch! you're going to regret this!" the drow kneels down, glaring up at Despair
    "When you're hanging from the ceiling, or strapped to the wall? Yes. But not as much as I would if I were there with you."

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Hermitage - Guest Room

"Yes, Sir, but..." Brand strains a moment, trying to work out a code. Too bad he doesn't know they aren't being listened in on! "... lately, no one at the market has seen the special peppers I've been looking for. They used to be freely available, but now they seem to have disappeared. I hope the entire harvest hasn't been consumed."
    "I hear the bugs have quite the taste for pepper." He says, just rolling with it. "There's a good chance that might be the case. You may just have to work without them. It might be too costly to look for them." Wow, that was a little bit of a downer. Terrible for morale. He'd need to add some thing. "But there are other markets we have to look through. We'll probably find more peppers there. And we'll have some help searching." He points at his pipboy, smiling. Brand, probably won't get it, but Justin's recorded the entire conversation with Elizabethele. They'll have Remnant help next time.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-10 at 10:14 AM.

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Hermitage - Guest Room

Brand doesn't know about next time. He thinks the cult will just kill the slaves rather than allow them to be rescued, if they have any warning. "Do you have any more orders for me tonight, Sir?" Brand asks.

His player is having trouble remembering the next step in the plan. Since she came up with it, you think she'd do better, but her memory is rubbish.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #255

Guest Bedroom

He's actually talking about Inside. There might be some slaves there, and at the very least Remnant can capture some of the preists and interrogate them. "No. You can rest a bit, just be at the ready." Justin says as he hops onto the bed. Picking a full sized legal pad out of his bag and writing on it.

Justin will write a decent fake contract on his legal pad for about two hours. If Waterstrider is alerting him, he should be told of the first centipede passing by and hopefully more as the reason he's waiting so long is to get a timing for the security cycle. No reason running into centipedes if it can be avoided.

If Justin has gotten the timing he needed, he'll drop the pad and pen. According to the plan, Justin received a mind link to a member of Watchtower. He's using it now. Blondie to Watchtower, I have some info. We know the way to the slave quarters, but we're locked in our room. If I can't get us out queit, I can definitely do it loud. So when you guys start the fighting, we'll move out in the confusion, nab the slaves, and skeedaddle out. Call in as soon as the actual fighting starts. We're also seperated from Squiggles, so if someone can mind contact him that'd be great. And finally, some words of warning: around the entrance, and probably the rest, there's a clearing we had to be blind folded before crossing. My gut says minefield, my head says insect related, so watch out. Also, giant centipede security. Over.
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-10 at 02:33 PM.

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Hermitage- Guest Room

The giant centipedes keep no schedule. They wander as they will, looking for anything to eat. They aren't intelligent enough to work together, do a systematic search or arrange a strict timetable and keep to it. This can be determined by the way they pass by the door; at random intervals, and on random surfaces too (they can walk on the walls and ceiling; one sounds like faint knocking as it walks over the door).

Judging by the way Azurelle is just sitting there, silently, I'd say that Despair/Wussy was very good at putting clothes on in an alluring manner. In fact, when the show's over, she seems slightly disappointed; absolutely no hurrying up is performed. "You're good at that, very good indeed. Anyway, let's go. Can't keep our quarry waiting too long, hmm?" Azurelle stands up and walks to the door, unlocking it heading down to the garage and onto the snow-spider pulled cart.

After this, they'll re-enter the timeline just before the capture of Mel'ara.

Azurelle has just finished climbing the ladder. "I heard the fight. Is my new acquisition subdued?" Since Mel'ara has burnt legs, a sliced arm, a burnt hand and is currently kneeling, I'd say 'yes'. But perhaps the drow has something up her sleeve.

The paladin walks forward, approaching the kneeling drow and the tiefling. One of her hands will lightly brush Despair/Wussy's back, feeling whatever caused the disturbance in her shirt. "You have spirit, Mel'ara. Toy, Slave and Object have never fought my authority. Despair stopped struggling when she arrived in the Temple. You, though, lost in the warehouse and when you awoke you continued to fight, despite not being a fighter. That's good." Azurelle considers it good because if Mel'ara does not accept her position, when Azurelle confirms her ownership the drow will hurt more.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Azurelle has just finished climbing the ladder. "I heard the fight. Is my new acquisition subdued?" Since Mel'ara has burnt legs, a sliced arm, a burnt hand and is currently kneeling, I'd say 'yes'. But perhaps the drow has something up her sleeve.

The paladin walks forward, approaching the kneeling drow and the tiefling. One of her hands will lightly brush Despair/Wussy's back, feeling whatever caused the disturbance in her shirt. "You have spirit, Mel'ara. Toy, Slave and Object have never fought my authority. Despair stopped struggling when she arrived in the Temple. You, though, lost in the warehouse and when you awoke you continued to fight, despite not being a fighter. That's good." Azurelle considers it good because if Mel'ara does not accept her position, when Azurelle confirms her ownership the drow will hurt more.
    Mel scowls at Azurelle "I'd rather be dead than submit to you, hag! others have tried breaking me, and failed...and it time...you will crawl before me too!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Judging by the way Azurelle is just sitting there, silently, I'd say that Despair/Wussy was very good at putting clothes on in an alluring manner. In fact, when the show's over, she seems slightly disappointed; absolutely no hurrying up is performed. "You're good at that, very good indeed. Anyway, let's go. Can't keep our quarry waiting too long, hmm?" Azurelle stands up and walks to the door, unlocking it heading down to the garage and onto the snow-spider pulled cart.

After this, they'll re-enter the timeline just before the capture of Mel'ara.
    Despair/Wussy nods in acknowledgment, following Azurelle.

"Thank you, mistress. And yes, though I'm sure they would prefer that, being late to catch them wouldn't do at all."

The disturbance seems to be caused by the first vestiges of a pair of ragged, half-tangible wings.

Despair, for now, stays quiet, still holding the knife, though she makes no move to attack the paladin, seeming to be pretty much a perfectly broken slave. She's not, but her plans have changed since she arrived; rather than planning to kill herself as soon as she gets a chance, she intends to help the new slaves learn the ropes, which involves not causing any trouble for Azurelle, so that she'll still be allowed around them, as does her desire to not get tortured.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-03-10 at 05:44 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Timeline 2, though now the only timeline

"You might prefer death to what I have in store. But that's not what you need worry about. Wussy, put that knife back then help me chain her to the ceiling." Azurelle grabs one of Mel'ara's arms, preferably the burnt one. She'll squeeze hard, likely painful on top of the existing wound. Her grip is very strong- she's a warrior, and handles like one too. "Do you know how to use a whip, Wussy?" Azurelle has a plan to get back at Mel'ara for calling her an amateur.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mel winces betting her teeth together..."I won#t submit! there is nothing you can do to break me!"

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Riverside Temple- Timeline 2, though now the only timeline

"You might prefer death to what I have in store. But that's not what you need worry about. Wussy, put that knife back then help me chain her to the ceiling." Azurelle grabs one of Mel'ara's arms, preferably the burnt one. She'll squeeze hard, likely painful on top of the existing wound. Her grip is very strong- she's a warrior, and handles like one too. "Do you know how to use a whip, Wussy?" Azurelle has a plan to get back at Mel'ara for calling her an amateur.
    Mel winces betting her teeth together..."I won#t submit! there is nothing you can do to break me!"
    Despair nods, replacing the knife, and going to grab Mel'ara's other arm, to help Azurelle chain the drowess to the ceiling

"I'm reasonably good with one, yes, mistress. Especially the variation known as a tem'gael."

That particular variety is made from a length of thin, flexible, metal, with knots along it and several hooks on the end.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

"Good; you'll scream for longer." Then, turning back to Despair, Azurelle attempts to place the burnt hand into a manacle. "Ooh, I don't have one of those. How is it made?" Azurelle is always looking for new types of whip.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Guest Bedroom

He's actually talking about Inside. There might be some slaves there, and at the very least Remnant can capture some of the preists and interrogate them. "No. You can rest a bit, just be at the ready." Justin says as he hops onto the bed. Picking a full sized legal pad out of his bag and writing on it.

Justin will write a decent fake contract on his legal pad for about two hours. If Waterstrider is alerting him, he should be told of the first centipede passing by and hopefully more as the reason he's waiting so long is to get a timing for the security cycle. No reason running into centipedes if it can be avoided.

If Justin has gotten the timing he needed, he'll drop the pad and pen. According to the plan, Justin received a mind link to a member of Watchtower. He's using it now. Blondie to Watchtower, I have some info. We know the way to the slave quarters, but we're locked in our room. If I can't get us out queit, I can definitely do it loud. So when you guys start the fighting, we'll move out in the confusion, nab the slaves, and skeedaddle out. Call in as soon as the actual fighting starts. We're also seperated from Squiggles, so if someone can mind contact him that'd be great. And finally, some words of warning: around the entrance, and probably the rest, there's a clearing we had to be blind folded before crossing. My gut says minefield, my head says insect related, so watch out. Also, giant centipede security. Over.
    Brand takes a pillow down from the bed and goes to sit by Waterstrider. He unwraps the dinner he made for the two of them, and picks at it a little. He doesn't have much of an appetite, so he leaves most of it for his friend. Who likely doesn't have much of an appetite either.

After eating as much as he can, he curls up on the pillow, resting, but not sleeping.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riverside Temple]

"The proper materials are difficult to get, usually. But if one can acquire a length of metal flexible enough to be useful, and strong enough to hold up to use while still being thin, the design is simple enough," Despair explains, going to place Mel'ara's other hand in a manacle as well. "You take that, tie knots through the length, and attach it to the handle, which is usually made of shed chitin from a Greed demon, as it provides a good grip. Once that's done, you work the tip into anywhere from one to five hooks, with how sharp or blunt they are determined by the preference of the owner, and often altered for each use, depending on how severe a punishment one wishes to give. Some people also make it hollow, so that painful or disinfectant liquids can be delivered through the hooks."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mel shivers, arms above her head, bracing herself for the whip. she know the whip will hut a lot... but she needs to prove her dominance

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Riverside Temple

Mel'ara might be confused by Azurelle's first action. Namely, she will gently caress the drow's wounds whilst chanting in Abyssal; a large sword made of sandy brown maggots appears in the air behind her and Mel'ara's wounds are healed with a slight tingling sensation. Afterwards, Azurelle walks around to in front of Mel'ara and takes a knife, slowly cutting off the drow's clothes.

When that is complete, Azurelle walks to wear Toy stands, nude, blindfolded and captive for the past few hours. She'll give Toy a hard pinch on the rear before undoing the manacles and taking off the blindfold. "That should be long enough. How good are you with a whip?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underside Temple]

Sylvia doesn't quite know what to make of all of this new and frightening information. She knew they'd stolen her once... But twice! No! This is her new home, as humble as it is. They wouldn't get away with it!

"Ssso you bought usss from people who might hurt you and sssteal usss back for money?"

Sylvia finds it odd that one as kind as Charynrae would support such an evil, ruthless practice!

"I don't underssstand how people like that sssurvive. I mean, I'd have killed at leassst two or three of them if they hadn't ssstumbled upon me while I was asssleep."

Oh! One, Two, and Three must've given the slavers considerable trouble in capturing them! That's why they were so quick to unload them on Charynrae and didn't even try to barter!

-------
    [Riverside Temple]

Ninjas!

Toy is here where she was dangling from the ceiling up until a minute ago. Seeing as Azurelle and Despair were probably gone for a good few hours, her arms are quite sore and her wrists would be bleeding slowly were she not already accustomed to sleeping in a position similar to this one. 'S funny how the body quickly acclimatizes to such factors!

She gives a shrill "Yipe!" sort of yip when she is touched, half expecting Azurelle to violate her again while she is stuck to the ceiling, though she doesn't see why such an action would be even remotely desirable to a rational being.

And then, she is released! Oh joy!

She takes to rubbing her red, blistered wrists without delay before even her blinders are removed.

"A whip, Mistress? Why, I wouldn't know. I have never tried one out before."

Shouldn't be too difficult, she assumes. She's seen slavers with the IQ of a goldfish use lashes like pros, so it couldn't be hard to figure out.

-------
    [Elezibethele's Chamber]

Mine is here, probably, so long as Elezibethele is here. Where else would he be? He is super-duper attached to her! Literally, even!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-03-11 at 03:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Hermitage- Guest Room

The giant centipedes keep no schedule. They wander as they will, looking for anything to eat. They aren't intelligent enough to work together, do a systematic search or arrange a strict timetable and keep to it. This can be determined by the way they pass by the door; at random intervals, and on random surfaces too (they can walk on the walls and ceiling; one sounds like faint knocking as it walks over the door).
    If it is apparent there is no cycle, he'll still send the message. Nothing he says will really change, but his own plan to wait a few minutes into the attack will involve a small contingency for big ol' centipedes.

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mel frowns unsure what was going to happen now..

thanks beansy!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Guest Bedroom

[Mindlink]

Watchtower here. Cessie's voice can be heard over the link. We hear you and I will make sure DC contacts the spider as soon as possible and contact you once you move in. Any other details you like to mention?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-03-13 at 11:36 AM.