New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

Karaglen giggles for the first time in awhile at the licking, finding it very hard to resist.
    The wolf is huge, compared to her, so the lick probably encompasses most of her scaley little face.
    "Hehe...good to see you again, Fuzzy..."
    New nickname that might never go away.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crissellea jumps slightly when Jacob starts to talk to her. " O-oh. I'm Crissellea, Crissellea Lachonues. " She replies and offers a small dainty hand to shake. Crissellea is probably best described petite and beautiful.
    "Insert some witty comment here"

-Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's right," Lisor nods, "Her name is Reelshka... Trollfinger, I think. She's quite friendly, but works herself pretty hard."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

cool Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXXXVI

There is, at one of the tables in the corner, a group of men in cowboy hats and leather jackets. They're drinking from large bottles of various varieties of hard liquor, talking to each other in loud, slurred voices. They're playing some card game - five card stud, it looks like - each with various amounts of money in front of them up for bid. At the far side of the table, sitting against the corner, is a man in a white jacket and leather chaps, who seems to have tasked himself with dealing. From the looks of it, he's made himself quite a bit of money off the drunken cowboys gambling in front of him. Hes a mangy old fellow with dirty grey hair and a bent back. There is a scar on his cheek, made all the worse by a lazy eye.

At about noon, a second man walks into the tavern. This one's wearing black shirt under his leather jacket, and his ancient jeans are stained light brown around the cuffs with dirt and mud. The man in black takes a few steps towards the bar, reaching in his pocket for some coin, when the group of gamblers in the corner catches his eye.
    Well, actually, it's the man dealing that catches his eye. The man in black stands there for a moment, incredulous, his hands balling up into fists and beginning to shake. And then he is walking over, his strides fast and long. Within a moment he has pushed the gamblers aside and he slams his fists down on the table, looking the man in white in the eye.
    "My name is Sue!" He bellows. "How do you do!" The man in black topples the table aside, sending cards, coins and drinks crashing to the ground with a crash that only echos the roar of his next words. "Now you're gonna die!"

Stepping forward, the man in black pulls back his fist and hurls it at the man in white, right between the eyes. The old man grunts, falling off his chair and hitting the wall with a thud before sliding to the ground. For a moment, it looks like he's going to stay down.
    But suddenly he's up, and there is a knife in his hand. The man in white bellows has he lunges at the man in black, swinging the knife down at the man in black's head. The man in black fends off the blow, knocking his arm against the man in white's, but only by a little. The blade slices into his ear, cutting off a notch. Blood pours down the side of the man in black's face as he pushes the older man away, the force of the shove sending the man in white backing up against one of the windows. With a roar, the man in black picks up the toppled chair and swings it at the man in white, hitting him right across the jaw. The blow breaks the chair in two and breaks the window, sending the man in white falling out in a hail of glass. He lands in a patch of mud outside, and the man in black wastes no time in leaping out the window after him.

The two wrestle in the mud, kicking and punching and biting. Blood mixes with the mud, giving it an unusual reddish hue. But suddenly, the man in white rolls away, grabbing at his belt for the revolver hanging from it. The man in black pulls his first, though, getting up onto his knees with his revolver pointed at the dead centre of the man in white's head.

The two slowly stand, and for a moment, they are dead silent.

And then the man in white laughs. "Son," he says, chuckling to himself, "this world is rough. And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough. And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along. So I give ya that name and I said goodbye. I knew you'd have to get tough or die. And it's the name that helped to make you strong." He grins sheepishly, rubbing mud off his face. "Now you just fought one hell of a fight, and I know you hate me. Y'got the right to kill me now, and I wouldn't blame you if you do. But ya ought to thank me, before I die, For the gravel in ya guts and the spit in ya eye, 'cause I'm the son-of-a-bitch that named you "Sue.'"

The man in black stands there for a while longer, conflicted, when suddenly he throws down his revolver. Tears are in his eyes as he steps towards the man. "Pa..."
    The man in white laughs, throwing his arm around the younger man's shoulder. "C'mon, son."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BJfDvSITY
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2011-07-27 at 06:01 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig nods as well. Reelshka Trollfinger, yeah. I don't know her very well. But it's good to see goblins appreciated.

Viima's tail swishes and she flops down on the ground next to Kara.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ApeofLight View Post
    Crissellea jumps slightly when Jacob starts to talk to her. " O-oh. I'm Crissellea, Crissellea Lachonues. " She replies and offers a small dainty hand to shake. Crissellea is probably best described petite and beautiful.
    "A pleasure to meet you, Crissellea," Jacob says, shaking her hand. "Don't think I've seen you around here before?"
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

"All the human cities I heard of before I got here hate Goblins. I wonder why it's so different here. Maybe because of all the weird creatures around?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Crissellea goes to respond she can't help but jump when the fight breaks out between the boy named Sue and his old man. It takes her a moment to compose herself enough to answer his question.

" I... I don't get out much actually. I'm usually busy with work. " She says still trying to get her head around the strange fight that just broke out.

-Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Karaglen smiles and flutters down, possibly to settle on top of Viima.
    She's about the size of a cat, so it probably isn't uncomfortable at all for the wolf.

Cozy for the little dragon though! Yay snuggles!
    Also bamhacon.
    She'll definitely share the rest of that with the wolf, in exchange for being a cozy resting surface.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Where I come from, goblins aren't hated, but noone loves us either. Though truth to be told, no sentient race likes the others very much. But yeah. Compared to other stuff seen here, goblins are mild.

Viima will curl up to provide Kara with a more comfy surface and happily nom on the bamhacon.

((Deadtome.))
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Lisor nods, "Yeah, it seems really nice here, if weird... I really like this city."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "Well, kinda, I guess. It's a big, tall building. Mostly called Watchtower because of the group that uses it. They protect the world from big threats. My friends are part of that. I'm... not. Not anymore at least." Sakura says, frowning a little by the end.
    "Why not?" He asks, head tilting to the side as his unstoppable curiousity perks it's head. "I would've thought you'd make a good watcher."
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

As Crissellea goes to respond she can't help but jump when the fight breaks out between the boy named Sue and his old man. It takes her a moment to compose herself enough to answer his question.

" I... I don't get out much actually. I'm usually busy with work. " She says still trying to get her head around the strange fight that just broke out.
    "Clearly you haven't been here much, or else you wouldn't be so shocked by that little scuffle. Probably one of the least shocking things I've seen here," Jacob comments with a chuckle. He shakes his head at her reply.

"That's sad, a woman like you hidden away like that. What do you do that keeps you so busy?"
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

" I don't like fighting is all. " She says in response to his comment and chuckle. The woman plays a little bit with her glass of water turning it back and forth in her hands. " O-oh, I, umm,I ran a corporation and it's subsidiaries. "

-Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

"This might not be the place for you, then. Fights tend to break out here."

Jacob takes another drink and makes a quick mental note to avoid mentioning that fighting is what he does for a living.

"Ah, that does sound like it'd be a lot of work. What kind of a corporation?"
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

" Oh, mainly just acquiring and transporting goods. Some manufacturing and refining but mostly the getting, transporting, and selling of raw materials. " She says with a nod before taking a sip from her glass of water.

-Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

((Pardon the delay. Making big stuff happen is time consuming.))

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Apprentice View Post
    "It was. Took about three years before I was casting anything really powerful." Ashley orders a glass of water. "But, I kept at it."
    "Good for you then. It was a lot of hard work for me to learn too. I've been getting lessens since I was pretty young." Genevieve says.

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    "Why not?" He asks, head tilting to the side as his unstoppable curiousity perks it's head. "I would've thought you'd make a good watcher."
    "Well, there's a lot of fighting." Sakura sounds a bit more subdued. She's still a bit bothered by her failure in that regard at times. "I don't fight. I can't kill things." Or won't being more accurate. "It doesn't really even matter now anyway. I can't fight, even if I wanted to. I'm actually pregnant."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Have you ever made a spell?" Ashley asks curiously. "I've always thought it was a lot of fun."

19. - Top - End - #259

Ally shakes off the few days' worth of deadtime she had been covered with and looks around to figure out what's going on.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Genevieve shakes her head. "Nope. Sounds like pretty advanced stuff. The closest I've got is making potions."

21. - Top - End - #261

"Ah, that's a shame. You should try it somethime." Ashley sips another glass of root beer, and sees Ally, offering her a friendly wave. The illusionist turns back to Genevieve.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

"I... I wouldn't even know how to begin..." Genevieve says, looking doubtful. "All I know is how to cast a bunch of spells and stuff."

23. - Top - End - #263

Ally waves back to Ashley and orders something to drink while she figures out what to do now.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

24. - Top - End - #264

Ashley tilts her head, looking curious. "Do you know how those spells work? It can give you some base components on making your own." She clearly has some experience in this sort of thing.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

" Oh, mainly just acquiring and transporting goods. Some manufacturing and refining but mostly the getting, transporting, and selling of raw materials. " She says with a nod before taking a sip from her glass of water.
    "Must be highly profitable."

Jacob downs the rest of his whiskey. He peers thoughtfully over the rim of the empty glass.

"Must get lonely, too, working all the time like that," he adds with that crooked smile back on his face.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

She nods. " Yes, it is profitable and it can be sometimes. " Crissellea replies simply.

-Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

"Another whiskey, thanks," Jacob orders, then turns back to her.

He briefly wonders if he's wasting his time here. Well, he had nothing better to do.

"So how'd you end up in such a business?"
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2011-07-27 at 10:29 PM.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crissellea gives a little shrug. " Inheritance. It was my father's business and when he passed away I just sort of stepped in. I was always good with figures and I loved it when father would let me watch him work so I learned a lot about the business when I was a kid. So it was just sort of natural for his only child to take over when he passed. "

-Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

"Ah yes, taking over the family business. I know all about that," Jacob nods and takes a sip of his new drink.

"Lucky that you just happened to like the work, huh?"
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crissellea chuckles softly. " There are parts of it I like and parts of it I hate. But isn't that the way with all jobs and careers? " She asks turning to look at him with a soft smile.

-Nexus Characters