Whilst darkness spews from tainted maw,
    To land by refugee beloved.

Half is ruined, yet three-quarters whole,
    The seas doth pour unerringly,
    Leaders failed as death bells toll,
    What happens next, is yet to see.

-Excerpt from “The Odyssey of Seig”

Introduction
    The mythical and magical world of Olaesys floats within an otherworldly tree of colossal proportions. Amid a forest of such mighty woods are the flourishing worlds that thrive within, each special and unique. However, as other worlds blossom, tremendous stress is put upon the great tree, wreaking havoc on the mortals who dwell within the worlds inside. Among these earthly beings are the rare persons of prodigious knowledge capable of discerning such calamities. However, while learned they may be, none can end the mayhem brought on by the flowering of worlds.

Although Olaesys itself is a land of chaos, law oft rises to exert control over the realm, but forever topples yet again in an endless cycle. From the four moons that dot the night sky, glorious radiance is emitted from the life spirit Arthraka, in a staunch contrast to the shadowy abominations of the flesh-weaver Kazinthos. All are things common place in Dolsaren, the land of the refugees.

Sunken below the seas are both the eastern and western continents, victims of the Great Cataclysm. However, still standing are the two landmasses on opposing halves of the world, united by the vast Underdeep below the earth. As testament to the Great Cataclysm’s fury, the oceans cascade endlessly into the craters of the former continents as death and ruin abounded throughout the world. Such as law fails eternally to chaos, leaders, too fell in this disaster, leaving their subjects to fend for themselves in this brave new world.

Greetings! Does that cryptic little poem make a little more sense now? Constantly cited by adventurers and scholars alike, “The Odyssey of Seig” details the history, universal layout, and core elements of the world of Olaesys.

Originally designed for use with Dungeons and Dragons 3.5, The Lords of Avramir campaign setting uses a fix for D&D 3.5 known as d20: Rebirth, a fix designed by Fax Celestis. Slowly, everything will update to allow for d20r rules as the system progresses. Areas listed with a (3.5) descriptor should be considered rules for a hybrid 3.5 game, and do not overrule the official d20r Alpha, nor should they be used in a d20r game.

While I'm posting the stuff (with some vague sense of regularity), feel free to post with any comments you have!

Recent Work Log
    08/21/10: I'm working on removing the whole "partial 3.5 conversion" thing, since it always seemed awkwardly placed in the setting. Expect movement of pages along with Style feats and airship rules.

Old Work Log
    Spoiler
    Show
    08/09/10: Seems it's not dead yet. The LoA Policy: I'm not done with it till it's done.

05/15/10: Having some difficult writing a plane of Eeeeevil without overly lucid descriptions that I find unfavorable. Maybe I should try something different..? Doesn't have to be an opposite of Gyzatt, yah?

Anyway, I'm making maps like crazy, so hopefully the "Life in Dolsaren" section will come pretty quickly after the cosmology.

04/24/10: Two updates in two days?! MaaAaAAAAAAaaaaAaadness! Actually, that's probably right, since one of those updates is the plane of Chaos :p

Next update will update when it's updated.

03/28/10: Retconning complete! Avramir is the plane of 12 layers, Crolodi is the plane of 8 layers, and Darshran is a plane of 6 layers. That's a bunch of new layers for you! I'mapooped now. Laranya will be up soon.

03/27/10: Oh, hey, so I goofed up. Laranya needs to have 4 layers 'cause of a theme I wanna do, so I'll have to retcon Darshran to 6. This also has the added effect of making the plane of darkness equal to the plane of light! Snazzy! This shall be worked on.

03/26/10: Hoo, thanks folks! Gyzatt is up and at 'em!

03/15/10: Troglodyte picture = much kickawesomery! Be sure to check out TyphoonCutter's page; he's awesome. Now for seriousness; things are somewhat halted, because this is my creative dump for when I'm not running a D&D game. Well, I'm back to full-time DM, and have been so since December. I'll post what I can, but I prefer to have well-developed creative thoughts instead of things I just churned out. I do have some awesome art from awesome artists coming out in eventual posts :3

03/04/10: Yo dawg, check it; Maps!

02/03/10: Slow, yet steadily chuggin' along! Behold the realm of shadow! Next one's gonna be a doozie ;)

01/14/10: First post of the new year?!? Indeed :D

12/24/09: Inner Elemental Planes are never wholly original, but I tried to put a little spin on them. Finally done with the mechanics for a while, prepare for a metric ton of fluff!

12/10/09: We gotta cosmology, folks. Now in technicolor!!!

12/09/09: Yay for spontaneous secret posts! I'll put up the updater on the 'morrow. Bagaudae is done.

12/03/09: Archiater's done! Huzzah!

10/30/09: Weapons are done! Be sure to check out Crow-of-the-Abyss' DeviantART page 'cause he's awesome.

10/13/09: Dear glory...it's done...it's finally done! I'm so happy I could cry! But seriously, the recondite took for-freakin-ever. Hope it impresses >>

10/07/09: Well. This is a first. I've got everything done to continue, but can't 'cause of outside elements. Long story short: it involves art and PayPal. However! Things have been re-vamped recently, and I'm prolly gonna get up a big news post soon.

9/05/09: Crush you foes from beneath the feet of your mech suit!!! (I'm very pleased with the machinist; I hope you guys are too!)

9/05/09: Snazzy new Prestige Class, interesting. Also, don't forget to check out the symbol and engineer. They've undergone some modifications after a bit more playtesting. Shiny!

And the cartomancer is gone. Sorry :-(

8/28/09: Shhh! Yes, I'm secretly updating. Don't tell anyone ;)

8/07/09: Edificer is d-o-n-e done! Hopefully, this will give core paladins another option other than...blackguard >:p

7/29/09: Hopefully Fax won't smite me for squishing his baby into a 10-level Prestige Class, but I loved too much to keep it out! Oh, and hey, I'm sick of looking at that old hideous map. I'll be working on a new one, with a better map program, assuming I can get one for cheaps.

7/27/09: I swear, half of the stupid work is thinking up those rhymes I insist on doing. Regardless, I have a table (hopefully not full of errors) and 1 new PrC for you guys. Hope you like it!

7/15/09: If I never see a rhyme again, I think I'll have my way. PrC's will be up soon, at least before Sunday.

7/10/09: In the name of Pelor's spectacles that took forever ._.
    Doesn't matter now, though! Feats are done! Be sure to tell me what you think ^^ (as well as to poing out the innumerable mistakes that are inevitably in there).

6/26/09: After a lot of flip-flopping on the ideas, I decided to stick with my original idea and change the skills to Fax's fantastic formula. Apparently, alliteration is the appropiate theme tonight.

6/22/09: Working on Epic-Level Symbol and Engineers, ho-humm. I decided against Epic Vocations, but I might make some feats. Next, we've got Skills! Re-writes by Fax of pre-existing skills and the new skill, Cartomancy!

Read the fates with the power of your cards!

6/20/09: Engineer is posted. I honestly think I got too much attention for it when I originally posted it ;;>.>

Hey, give the people what they want, I suppose. And a always, feel 105% free to drop in with any opinions or critique that you have. I couldn't have gotten this far withought it ^^

6/18/09: I hadn't originally intended to include psionic classes, but I have recently fallen in love with the system, and I just couldn't get myself to leave them out. However, if psionics ain't your bag, it's real easy to run a game without them. Hey, I've even included non-psionic traits for the bornura! So go nuts ;)

6/17/09: Trust me, I wasn't trying to bump up the page, my html stopped formatting for some reason ._.

Don't worry, I'll post up Humans to make up for it ;)

6/16/09: Ya' know what's freakin' hard? Finding a picture of a halfling. Blarghgomahargnhagarta.

6/14/09: Ah, started the project anew! Smell them fresh home-brewing fumes*! Mmm-mmm!

*Not responsible for brain damage caused by home-brewing fumes*

4/22/09: Yup, everything's finally converted into a .pdf and striken from the boards. For the record, I consider this the discussion thread, 'cause I got a whole lot of feedback when the project was in its early stages. The next home for Lords of Avramir will take place in a different post, but will, of course, still be open for discussion.

4/19/09: I'm finally taking out a copyright on Lords of Avramir, and the entire project will be down until completion in June 2009. The actual posting of the material, however, may be slightly later in coming. Thank you for your patiense.

4/15/09: Races have been completely re-worked. Pantheons are next, now with all 9 alignments represented equally amongst them. Sadly, it'll be a while before I can get the rest of the symbols from the amazing Ekunshiel.

4/13/09: Bwahahahahahaaaa! I strike from the shadows, editing the garbled up masses of my work under the fiendish cloak of nightfall!

Anyway, races are done 'cept for a few parts in trog and hume sections. The half-races will be completed once Fax gets off his lazy rump to write the rest of the d20r racial traits ;)

Those new pantheons pictures look so nice I want to invite them to dinner.

4/11/09: My word! This editing is taking far longer than I would have liked ;-;

I doubt anyone even checks this anymore >.>
    However, the work is necessary, and it must be done. Everything looks so much snazzier now, I can hardly complain.

2/26/09: Before you start freaking out and running for the door, relax; we are programmed to receive. Some big changes will be happening soon; I'm gonnan be working with Fax fo update this setting for his amazing d20 Rebirth project, and that means making everything up to snuff with OGL compliance, and the d20r rules set. Unfortunatly, this means changing the name of the setting, but meh, Lords of Avramir still has a good ring to it ;)

2/24/09: Frostknell's up, and it' my favorite nation so far (and by far)! It takes a while for the ideas to start flowing for entire countries, so Korr will be up when it's good and ready. Thanks to everyone for their patience and support.

2/08/09: By the way, I'm a huge liar ;) Expect Frostknell later this week.

2/07/09: Now that the writer's block is gone, I have stuff done, but between the forum and my internet connection....well, let's just say it tooke me 10 minutes to get this update and the last post working -_-

PDF is coming along excellently, and I have enough done to start posting regularly once the forum starts running a little smoother.

01/25/09: Well, here is my absolute least favorite part when reading a campaign setting: When the creator complains that he/she won't be doing much work for a while. Even though I hate posting this, the folks who follow this deserve to know that the project has not died. It will get done. It will just be a while. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience, time, and encouragement.

01/09/09: I was ashamed for missing my quota, but I figured it better to wait until I got some more awesome ideas for Dungar, rather than put up some half-baked concepts. Yup, longest delay yet. I won't be making a habit of this, though, because now that my group isn't meeting for 6 months, I'll have plenty of free time p:

12/20/08: Put up Torram, finishing up the Count's Peace. Also tightened up some of the extraplanar monster encounters, although they will need some more work before I can call it finished. And, crud, did I promise to have Dungar done before Christmas? WELL! That'll give me a good 5 days, I suppose. EXPECT IT THEN!!!

12/10/08: Oopsie, got so far ahead of myself that I forgot to update the news page! Anyway, Masone is finished, and so is my commission for a racial lineup /Glee

12/02/08: Gotten a good idea about the Spirit-Touched houses; changing the name (Spiritborn, a name I'm shocked hasn't been used yet), including actual mechanics, and altering the timeline accordingly. I doubt it will be a huge problem, since the whole thing never really played much into the story.

11/26/08: Busy, busy day! Completed Lyndor as well as the first official Lords of Mechanus supplement! Guess I'm going to have start calling stuff LoM. Tehee, lom.

11/12/08: Grr, I just realized that the next nation is the Count's Peace, not Dungar (C before D and all that), which means that despite Dungar being ready to post up tomorrow, I'll have to prolong things because the Count's Peace includes 3 individual nations (Lyndor, Masone, and Torram).

Don't be confused by the delay; I'll keep updating the setting 'till I think I can adequately call it "finished," but I now need to focus my energies towards my group's campaign, since we'll actually be able to meet. That and I'll be out of commission for the first week of December....

Anyway! I WILL have at least have the Count's Peace and Dungar completed before Christmas.

11/08/08: Glad I got that goofiness out of my system p:
    I've been looking forward to working with Dungar, the next entry in the Life in the World section, and it's more complete than most. Expect it to take less than a week this time.

10/28/08: Muahahaha! The work in the Life in the World section begins at last! If you thought I wasn't insane enough to post this much completion...well, you're wrong there, Skipper.

10/26/08: I'm pretty sure flip-flops are okay when DMing/creating a campaign setting. As long as you remain consistent.....Wait, that doesn't make any sense.... Anyway, the Spirittouched Houses are up; with minimal Keith Bakerisms!

10/22/08: Okay, the planes and order of the universe is pretty much completed. Next up is the Spirittouched Houses as I continue my blantant ripping off of Eberron!

10/16/08: Neat, I just finished two planes between classes at campus without any notes. The SRD is seriously one of the most greatest things ever. With luck, the last three outer planes (Mechanus, Pandemonium, Queniss) will be up by tonight. Be sure to tell me if you like the pictures/flavour.

10/15/08: Yay! I lessened my school/work load. Now to actually focus on important things. Need to finish up the Outer Planes + Encounters, and tie up some loose ends.

9/28/08: Ooooogh. I just made 36 Bitmap deitific symbols. On to the Adventurer's Guide!!!

9/27/08: Okay, I lied. I'm doing updates after all p:
    About the deities; only Harthoul, Khorunda, and Rundraun were created by me. The Webspinner was created by blackspeeker. The rest are from various sources from the Playground, the authors of whom will be compiled together in the credits page near the end of the project.
    I really don't like taking things from other people's campaigns, but I had permission for quite a few of them, and I hate making deities even more. So there.
    BTW, there's an easter egg in the pantheons section. See if you can find it ;)

9/23/08: Don't expect any major updates for a bit, I'm going back in to tie up some loose ends, particularly in the Adventuring Equipment section. I'm really just stalling, because almost no work has been done on the Taneli Pantheon (although the Myraesal Pantheon is done, so expect that to be up in the near future).

9/20/08: See? Told ya' I'd be back. Started on the Magic section, and right off with Faiths and Pantheons. This part isn't really my thing, so a large majority of the deities were taken off of the Playground at some point or another. I'll try to cobble up the Credits page as soon as I can. It'll probably be the only out-of-order post, but it's certainly necessary. I have 24 of the symbols done already, and have about 12-16 more, depending on which ones I plan to use. Yes. They're MS Paint. 'Cause I can't draw. Sorry. They do look rather good on LEGO shields, though (;
    Oh! And Holy Crap, I've been posting the project for over a month already! I hope I'm not being overly-exhaustive here. In fact, after I trim up the pantheons, mah next goal is to start (and finish) the Adventurer's Guide.

9/13/08: Re-vamped the map of Dolsaren; now with color! And real political boundaries! Of the joys of glories of joys! Oh, and if updates get a little scant over the next week or so; I haven't forsaken the project. Any delays will actually be caused from me working on the project, since the next section is not really...readable enough at the moment.

9/12/08: Hehe, added section dedicated to miniatures of all core races and new races. And they're LEGOs. It's a win-win, really. Oh, and hey, if anyone actually reads the logs, even though this is really more of an excuse for me to get up off my rear and actually finish this project, I love seeing posts and having people comment and critique my work. I really appreciate all the comments so far (:

9/09/08: Equipment is started, mostly. That's right, cans of mace and powerpoles.

9/08/08: H'okay, just started up the weapons entry complete with snazzy picture made of free Wizards images spliced together (making use of advanced technology like IrfanView and MS Paint). The gnome-worked weapon will be on that page too; I just need to make sure it isn't unbalanced, as the premise could prove to be a bit....abusable.

9/05/08: Well, Orcish entry is complete. And I added a semi-yet-still-cool-yet-not-too-overpowering ability to the soulstitched at the suggestion of blackspeeker (I imagine he'll find it to come in handy). Next section would be magic, but I'm tenative as to how many of the new spells that I'm willing to put up there. Most likely, I'll include credits, since making spells is NOT my thing (nor do I believe it necessary, as there are already waaay too many spells out there).

9/02/08: Gaak, got those feats entered in right. I've gone far enough ahead; I'll get off my butt and finish up those "Day in the Life" segments before I go any further.
    (And still no halfling or half-elf pictures. Grr.)

8/31/08: Halfling and Half-elf entries done. I do wish I could get some feedback, but I'm gonna keep posting stuff anyway. Not going to do a human "Day in the life" as everyone knows how to role-play a human.
    Found a kick-awesome picture for the base class, the symbol, but I'm still runnning dry on images for the halflings and half-elves. Oh well.

8/26/08: Gnomes is done too. Half-elves next. FWI, the next section is gonna detail feats, classes, class features and the like. I found an interesting take on racial feats, and it seems to have gone over well with the group.
    (Just for the record, the gnomish entry in "A Day in the Life" was from one of the party's more epic adventures. No facial hair is safe from Patchy the Beard Baron!!!)

8/25/08: Woo! Finished all the racial entries, all right!
    Now my next effort will be to finish the "Day in the Life" segments. One thing that the PHB really needed to do was give folks more of an idea of what playing a certain race would be like. The bornura and soulstitched have the longest ones, 'cause they're new races, and lack stereotypes like Dwarves (Snow White) and Elves (Keebler).

Pics are coming....eventually. (I have to wait until I get permission from each artist to use the drawings).

Random Idea Database
    Spoiler
    Show

Races of the Planes:

Diatosian: Channelers of planar emotion.
    Inomilous: Beings of constant chaos and change.
    Nwermareen: Nightfires who walk in the darkness.

Last edited by Lappy9000; 2011-03-28 at 11:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Lords of Avramir Campaign Setting

Spoiler
    Show

Hello, I did not want to mess up your posting-flow (so I am placing this in a spoiler), but I just wanted to say that I am glad to see you at work on this again. The integration of the art is nice.

I also like how your tone is one of optimism; far too many home-brew works go "dark"... which isn't bad, but it risks being overdone. I think it is far more interesting and difficult for a designer to create a compelling world in a land of possibility and exploration. Eberron manages to do that well; few other worlds do likewise.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; 2009-06-14 at 09:02 PM.
    Kalen the Kobold Paladin by Sneak ; Avatar by Shirwill Jack. (Thanks!)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been a fan of this setting since its inception, & I'm very glad that it's continuing with renewed vigor. Please keep up the excellent work, Lappy. I'll be keeping an eye on this, & I eagerly await the day when it's complete, so I can download a PDF of the whole thing.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

I'm glad to see that this is back on the boards and I can finally see it again.

And the revamp you did of the aranea and having them replace the changeling was a good call, and it's good the webspinner has natural worshippers now.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    Without a leader, humanity tends to quickly fall behind the other common races, often through a self-destructive downfall.

So true Lappy, so true. I like the soul stitched a lot, sigh to bad they don't go with my campaign...
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
    -Tyler Durden

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Samuel Johnson

"Valar Morghulis"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You might want to break the table of height and weight by male and female so it is easier to read and not as big.
    "We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."
    -Tyler Durden

-Samuel Johnson

"Valar Morghulis"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zaryn View Post
    You might want to break the table of height and weight by male and female so it is easier to read and not as big.
    It's not really not much bigger than the official one but I suppose I can change it if it's difficult for a lot of people to read.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not really not much bigger than the official one but I suppose I can change it if it's difficult for a lot of people to read.
    I think that it's fine. I've seen larger ones elsewhere, & I think that it's quite legible.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    I think that it's fine. I've seen larger ones elsewhere, & I think that it's quite legible.
    How come you guys always manage to Ninja my new posts?

Currently, it's the new table that I'm worried about being legible or not.
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-06-19 at 12:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

How come you guys always manage to Ninja my new posts?

Currently, it's the new table that I'm worried about being legible or not.
    I can make sense of it, and other people familiar with Fax's system probably can too, and I know you've already linked to the D20 R. page, but a link in that post to the investing feats and skill sets could help people new to that system.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackspeeker View Post
    I can make sense of it, and other people familiar with Fax's system probably can too, and I know you've already linked to the D20 R. page, but a link in that post to the investing feats and skill sets could help people new to that system.
    I'm just gonna include them here once I finish up the Class chapter. I'm doing some minor changes, and it will be less confusing just to wait instead of switching up the links. So, I've got classes to finish and then the feats section which is split into Investing and Racial Feats (there's some soulstitched racial ones I know you're gonna like). Those chapters will explain Skill Sets and Prowess in-depth.
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-06-19 at 01:11 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good stuff so far! I hope you'll get the rest of this thing finished soon.
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I like the flavor and the ideas behind it. A lot is going on but in a good way and I think it would make an excellent to play. Powerful maybe even OP, are your fighters getting an upgrade because these guys will put them out of a job.

Why did you decide to make Reflex the symbols good save? Since it is dealing with arcane power shouldn't it have Will as the good save?
    Last edited by Lord_Zaryn; 2009-06-21 at 10:31 PM.
    -Tyler Durden

-Samuel Johnson

"Valar Morghulis"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

I gotta know where you find your artists. You're classes are great, but your artists really make your project come alive.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

I gotta know where you find your artists. You're classes are great, but your artists really make your project come alive.
    Just a DeviantArt search and a loooot of patience. For example, to find potential pictures of the bornura, I ended up searching for: Crystal Man, Crystalline, Crystal Human, Diamond Man, Ice Man, Ice Princess, Ice Queen, and a few others. Eventually I got something close to what I wanted (along with a ton of Megaman pictures )

For me, I always give credit to the artist, and never use prints that the artist is trying to sell, works not supported under the Fair Use clause, or pieces that the artist has specifically requested not to be used.

I also hope that the Pencil/Ink style I try to conform to helps keep everything together.
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-06-22 at 03:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Lappy, I don't know anything about 3.5e or d20r mechanics, but I think its awesome that you made a feature fore allowing the dynamo gun to act as a portal gun. Well done. I think you deserve an internet for that.
    Last edited by Shadow_Elf; 2009-06-29 at 07:21 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Elf View Post
    Lappy, I don't know anything about 3.5e or d20r mechanics, but I think its awesome that you made a feature fore allowing the dynamo gun to act as a portal gun. Well done. I think you deserve an internet for that.
    While I greatly appreciate your thanks, I can't take credit for the idea. Someone on the original Engineer thread suggested it; I just made it a reality.

Updates may be scarce (as many have noticed) 'cause I'm apparently running two games again. Also there are over 30 racial feats to post....

It'll get done...eventually.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Updates may be scarce (as many have noticed) 'cause I'm apparently running two games again. Also there are over 30 racial feats to post....

It'll get done...eventually.
    Hey we'll get the new DM to get his act together so we can cut it down to one group for you to DM.

If not we'll develop a contingency plan for someone else to take over.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: The Lords of Avramir Campaign Setting

Damn.

Wow, I'm still reading. OMG, that's a lot of nice work. Great job so far, Lap.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn.

Wow, I'm still reading. OMG, that's a lot of nice work. Great job so far, Lap.
    Thankee, although I only really did some of the Racial Feats. All the Investing ones are credited to Fax, as well as some of the gnome, elf, and halfling feats. I just put the Investing feats into a table

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

LOve the new feats, especially the stillborn, you did make it worth making a feat for!

I've wanted to ask for a while the quotes in your sig, I naturally recalled the last two names, both Madame Zakhara and Count Blythe from the campaign encounters. but this guy I've never met him, I don't think, so is this guy another Lord or Avramir, how many are still around, and do these quotes have any significance to what you're posting or are they just cryptic snipits.
    Last edited by blackspeeker; 2009-07-11 at 10:33 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

LOve the new feats, especially the stillborn, you did make it worth making a feat for!

I've wanted to ask for a while the quotes in your sig, I naturally recalled the last two names, both Madame Zakhara and Count Blythe from the campaign encounters. but this guy I've never met him, I don't think, so is this guy another Lord or Avramir, how many are still around, and do these quotes have any significance to what you're posting or are they just cryptic snipits.
    Every quote is a different Lord of Avramir offering their own..."unique" perspective of the world.

And the fact that you honestly don't remember Ephemere fills me with hilarious glee. The guy you killed in Greenedge? Leading the construct revolt? Count Blythe razed the invaders, and Halrazhar resurrected him back as that crazy half-golem thing you fought on the lava bridge? (whom you didn't remember there either). But, yeah, eventually you'll hear famous quotes from all eight of them. Ooops, did I just leak that?

Here's a list. Some are known members of the original (and only) 64 Avramiran Lords. Some use pseudonyms to hide their true identity.

Blythe (Pseudonym)
    Dezerele
    Ephemere (Pseudonym)
    Krialya
    Jikaya
    Orphere
    Rinazna (Pseudonym)
    Zakhira (Pseudonym)

Edit: I should note that these eight are the only ones known; to the public or otherwise.
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-07-11 at 11:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Every quote is a different Lord of Avramir offering their own..."unique" perspective of the world.

And the fact that you honestly don't remember Ephemere fills me with hilarious glee. The guy you killed in Greenedge? Leading the construct revolt? Count Blythe razed the invaders, and Halrazhar resurrected him back as that crazy half-golem thing you fought on the lava bridge? (whom you didn't remember there either). But, yeah, eventually you'll hear famous quotes from all eight of them. Ooops, did I just leak that?

Here's a list. Some are known members of the original (and only) 64 Avramiran Lords. Some use pseudonyms to hide their true identity.

Blythe (Pseudonym)
    Dezerele
    Ephemere (Pseudonym)
    Krialya
    Jikaya
    Orphere
    Rinazna (Pseudonym)
    Zakhira (Pseudonym)
    Pseudonyms! GAH!

I can't believe she didn't have the courtesy to give us her own name, now I sympathize with the orc for wanting her dead, yet I don't want her dead because I must know her name! Now maybe I'm a bit spoiled but will we eventually get to know all about these Lords statted, and fluffed out, and the reason why they need (or don't need in some cases) to hide their identity?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Pseudonyms! GAH!

I can't believe she didn't have the courtesy to give us her own name, now I sympathize with the orc for wanting her dead, yet I don't want her dead because I must know her name! Now maybe I'm a bit spoiled but will we eventually get to know all about these Lords statted, and fluffed out, and the reason why they need (or don't need in some cases) to hide their identity?
    Thourk Nyuk had the right idea, actually; you don't want to deal with these people. You may also have noticed that the ones who use fake names tend to have a first name and a surname. They normally only have their true name.

To answer: Statted? No, class and level only. Fluff? Yes, at least a paragraph or two. Reason? Totally, since they're gonna have a whole mess of info on themselves. And don't think I don't have any curveballs left for you about this
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-07-12 at 02:15 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

I´ve been reading through all this and... wow. Amazing stuff Lappy.

Copy-editing comment: In the Investing feats table, the Benefit for Whirlwind Attack states "Feint in combat as a move action". I guess this is a copypasta error.

Oh, and in the Benefit section for Weapon Specialization, "wih selected weapon" needs a T.

Keep up the great work
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2009-07-12 at 05:20 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrus View Post
    I´ve been reading through all this and... wow. Amazing stuff Lappy.

Copy-editing comment: In the Investing feats table, the Benefit for Whirlwind Attack states "Feint in combat as a move action". I guess this is a copypasta error.

Oh, and in the Benefit section for Weapon Specialization, "wih selected weapon" needs a T.

Keep up the great work
    Ah, brilliant! Thank ye, for the editing and your kinds words of encouragement!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

biggrin Re: The Lords of Avramir Campaign Setting

stillborn ... *headdesk*

Otherwise, you are literally amazing, Mr. 9000. Good luck actually completing it, though considering it's you I don't have many doubts.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground

I just read the Engineer, and I looove it. I allways wanted a class like that. I don't have very many dnd books, but did you make it yourself? In that case, I congratulate you.
    But, reading it aroused lots of questions and some suggestions (I'm quite new to DnD and I'm not very familiar with balancing, but anyway...):

Spoiler
    Show
    Questions:
    1. Directly below "Table: Dynamo Cannon Base Statistics" you wrote "alchemist cannon". Is that right or should it be dynamo cannon?

2. Is the damage of the dynamo cannon devided among the avaible damage types or do you choose what kind damage type you deal? I assume the latter, but is changing between the damage types also a swift action or is that a free action?

3. Is the dynamo cannon one or two handed?

4. Why may you only have one dynamo cannon?

5. In the "surveyor" vocation it is stated that "you gain a bonus to spot checks equal to your engineer level". This seem kinda strange Since you used d20r's awareness instead of spot. Typo? Also, consider that this makes the Surveyor vocation quite much more potent.

6. Shouldn't the slam attack of the mecharmor be propotionate to your size?

7. Is Magnified Blast a standard action (that does or doesn't provoke AoO?) or is it a part of an attack? If so, can you use it many times a round with your full-attack?

8. When using overdrive, is the speed bonus doubbeled or do you move twice your bonus speed instead of your bonus speed + your base speed? Does this allow you to dig twice as fast if you possess the tunneling mobility vocation? If you use it out of combat, how long are you fatigued? Do you get fatigued after your movment speed go back to normal or after you lose the str bonus?
    I think that the speed bonus and the str bonus should have the same duration (I'd pick the longer duration )

9. If through Topographical Senses you cast scrying, what do you use to see? a mirror like a wizard?

10. You should add that one of the quantum gate portals is blue and the other is orange

11. I find it a lil' silly that modified vitality grants you a bonus to fortitude saves to avoid non-leathal damage from cold or hot environments, since it requires insulated plating that makes you "comfortably survive in temperatures between -50 degrees and 140 degrees. (I assume celsius, since that's what I'm used to )

12. Can an engineer use precision several times the same attack?

13. Does Improvised mage give you acces to spell levels at the same rate as a wizard?

14. The mobile fortress arouses quite many questions for me:
    Does the mobile fortress use the single dynamo cannon that the engineer can create, or does that mean that the engineer can create another one for his fortress? Also I don't quite get how the fortress would function in battle, what attack bonus would it have? What's it's AC? What's it's initative? Do the engineer have to be in the fortress to controll it? If not, is controlling the fortress a free action?

15. How much gold do they start with?

Suggestions (again, I know nearly nothing about balance):
    a) I think you should be able to take ranged artillery more then once, getting one more cannon each time you take it, to a maximum of somthing
    appropirate.

b) Suggestion on a new vocation: Night Vision: Spend X innovation points to get darkvistion Yft for Z rounds/minoutes/hours... That'd be sweet :P

c) Since Insulated plating makes you survive such extreme temperatures easily (ecpecially heat), shouldn't it give energy-resistance? like, 10pts fire and 5pts cold or similar?

d) I think it's kinda strange that the engineer doesn't gain any creation feats in their table. Would it ruin balance to add some?

Also, where can I find a guide for this editor? I managed to guess how to add a spoiler (wasn't very hard ) but I don't get how to make a good list.
    Last edited by Zaakar; 2009-07-20 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added the last question and last suggestion

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaakar View Post
    1. Directly below "Table: Dynamo Cannon Base Statistics" you wrote "alchemist cannon". Is that right or should it be dynamo cannon?
    It'll be fixed as Dynamo Cannon.

2. Is the damage of the dynamo cannon devided among the avaible damage types or do you choose what kind damage type you deal? I assume the latter, but is changing between the damage types also a swift action or is that a free action?
    Swapping between one of the damage types available to the cannon is a swift action.
    Already done

3. Is the dynamo cannon one or two handed?
    Didn't list that. Should be two-handed ranged weapon.

4. Why may you only have one dynamo cannon?
    5. In the "surveyor" vocation it is stated that "you gain a bonus to spot checks equal to your engineer level". This seem kinda strange Since you used d20r's awareness instead of spot. Typo? Also, consider that this makes the Surveyor vocation quite much more potent.
    Yes, that's a typo.

6. Shouldn't the slam attack of the mecharmor be propotionate to your size?
    It's a natural attack, so it's already assumed.

7. Is Magnified Blast a standard action (that does or doesn't provoke AoO?) or is it a part of an attack? If so, can you use it many times a round with your full-attack?
    Standard action + No attack of opportunity.

8. When using overdrive, is the speed bonus doubbeled or do you move twice your bonus speed instead of your bonus speed + your base speed? Does this allow you to dig twice as fast if you possess the tunneling mobility vocation? If you use it out of combat, how long are you fatigued? Do you get fatigued after your movment speed go back to normal or after you lose the str bonus?
    Dude, it's the barbarian rage, almost copy-pasted. Works exactly the same.

I think that the speed bonus and the str bonus should have the same duration (I'd pick the longer duration )
    .....they do have the same duration

9. If through Topographical Senses you cast scrying, what do you use to see? a mirror like a wizard?
    Ah, I forgot those changed by class. I'll edit that in.

10. You should add that one of the quantum gate portals is blue and the other is orange
    No

11. I find it a lil' silly that modified vitality grants you a bonus to fortitude saves to avoid non-leathal damage from cold or hot environments, since it requires insulated plating that makes you "comfortably survive in temperatures between -50 degrees and 140 degrees. (I assume celsius, since that's what I'm used to )
    D&D is defalut Fahrenheit, don'tcha know.

12. Can an engineer use precision several times the same attack?
    Nope. 'Guess I need to clarify that further.

13. Does Improvised mage give you acces to spell levels at the same rate as a wizard?
    Improvised Mage (Su): At 7th level, an engineer can craft magic items as if he were a spellcaster. When crafting a magic item, an engineer is considered to have a caster level equal to half his engineer level and uses scrolls to replicate any necessary spells to craft the item.
    14. The mobile fortress arouses quite many questions for me:
    Does the mobile fortress use the single dynamo cannon that the engineer can create, or does that mean that the engineer can create another one for his fortress? Also I don't quite get how the fortress would function in battle, what attack bonus would it have? What's it's AC? What's it's initative? Do the engineer have to be in the fortress to controll it? If not, is controlling the fortress a free action?
    Honestly, the mobile fortress can't be much more than something powered solely by DM fiat without an insanely complicated ruleset (not everyone has the Arms and Equipment Guide vehicle rules).

15. How much gold do they start with?
    Ah, completely forgot about that. Symbol needs that listed as well.

Suggestions
    Okay, the number one complaint about the engineer is that they don't get enough vocations.

Also, where can I find a guide for this editor? I managed to guess how to add a spoiler (wasn't very hard ) but I don't get how to make a good list.
    I'm really not sure, actually

Thanks much for all your critique!

EDIT: I apologize if I seemed a bit short; I've been very busy and I just had time to check in and post a reply. Hopefully, my changes to the engineer will make it up to you
    Last edited by Lappy9000; 2009-07-27 at 02:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Well other than misspelling Theurge, your table is fine.

I have a question about the Axiom mage though, is it possible for Sorcerer's under Fax's system to go into this PrC even though they have spell seeds rather than spell levels, they can technically cast explosive runes and fly, both third level spells...

edit: and love the class
    Last edited by blackspeeker; 2009-07-27 at 03:49 PM.