New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Rail IC] Academy City

Music

Academy City. Home to over two point three million people, eighty percent of which make up the student population that attends the city's many schools, academies, institutions and colleges. A state of the art city over thirty years ahead of it's time, almost entirely devoted to the study of psychic phenomena that has been discovered. The entire city is filled with tall windmills, used to power the city at all times, small trash can-like maintenance security robots traveling about the city in order to keep it as orderly and clean as they can manage.

Dangerous gangs of delinquents known as Skill Outs prowl where they can find easy prey, hot-headed espers challenge one another to bouts in bids to determine who is the strongest among them, and to top it all off...it was the middle of winter. The air is crisp and chill enough that one can see their own breath billowing in front of them, with the occasional snow flurry to give a bout of childish wonder at the sight of this bizarre city with a snowy mantle briefly thrown over it.

Today is a day like any other, the chimes ringing all across the city as classes let out for the day, the sudden rush of students flooding the streets from myriad different buildings out unto the chilly streets. Now was the time for the thousands of students within Academy City to seek their own fortunes and distractions....
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Catarino sat on top of the roof of his apartment, looking over the city. The streets below were like rivers; the buildings were sky-reaching mountains. People milled about below, going through the natural rhythm of daily life. The air was cold, but it didn't matter to him. It was nature. A falcon landed on his shoulder. It was a small one, still young. It looked at Catarino. He took out some bird feed and fed it to the falcon. The falcon graciously ate it, then flew off. Catarino lied down. Everything was fine.

Meanwhile, inside, his sister Cici was on the computer. She had a window open for C++, and was working on something. She was eating a small snack while she was doing it, and didn't look that bothered. A few more windows on the computer were also there, which included a certain doujin, and a website. Not much sound came from her, except the tap at the keyboard. Everything was fine, for now.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Satoku Masaki, Onizuka Middle School

"...and with that in mind, I would advise you all to-"

*BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING*

The end-of-the-day bell rings, drowning out Professor Satoku Masaki's calm and level voice. Nobody listens as he lists the last few announcements for the up-coming exams. Nonetheless, he makes no effort to raise his voice or to get his rowdy students under control; he merely reads what he must. Once he is finished doing so, he puts away his things and heads out of the classroom, pushing his way past the crowds of students eager to get out of class.

He breathes in the biting chill of Academy City's winter air as he exits the school building. Food carts offering hot drinks and delicious snacks line the street as he walks, but he ignores them all.

It was winter, wasn't it? When he first met her?

"Nice to meet you. I'm Moriyage Sorea."

Yes, it was. 4 years ago, soon after he had graduated from Azabu.

"Dr. Fujiwara tells me that you'll be working with me on the project?"

The white lab coat, the short chin-length hair, the unlit cigarette held casually in her mouth. The bored expression on her face.

"I'll be straight with you, I'm not used to working with other people on this sort of stuff, so sorry if I get too bossy or disorganized.

Say...

...got a light?"

Satoku Masaki, cybernetics researcher and professor of Basic AIM Field Theory at Onizuka Middle School, gazes straight ahead, distracted by nothing, as he makes his way to his laboratory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tennori Masahito, Psyche Hunters Hideout in District 10

"Ha! Well, I suppose you've got me there. Good game everyone, good game. Is anyone up for another round?"

"Sure thing, boss!"

"Ready if you are, boss."

"You comfortable in that wheelchair, boss?"

"Of course, of course. Now, shall we play?"

For the fugitives, the outcasts, and the pariah of Academy City who called themselves the Psyche Hunters, it is simply another cold winter day spent exercising, relaxing, and, in the case of the gang's leader Masahito, playing Mahjong.

As the small rectangular pieces are shuffled around, Masahito glances out the window at the falling snow. As he recalled, it was snowing that day too, a freak snowstorm that had followed up an unusual cold wave. He tugs unconsciously at the bandages around his neck as he remembers.

The impact of a metal bat against his ribs.

The impact of a knuckle duster crushing his face, over and over again.

The impact a combat boot to the diaphragm, robbing his lungs of air, choking him.

The feeling of a rough, scarred hand closing tight around his windpipe.

"Ikisawa! What's wrong? Come on, the party's just about to begin, and you're the guest of honor!"

"...oss? Boss? You there? Boss!"

"Hmm?" A voice wakes him out of his reverie.

"Hand's dealt, boss. You ready?"

Masahito coughs and shifts his cast-bound arm onto the table.

"Ah, yes, of course. Shall we begin?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Pâtisserie Joyeux, Kadokado Café, Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri

At three of the most popular hang out spots for students of Academy City, store owners were getting ready for another busy day. It was winter, with exams coming up, and students needed their daily fill of pastries, sweet beverages, and greasy food to get through the rest of the day.

Hitomi sweeps the last fallen leaf out away from the porch, a satisfied smile on her face as she inspects her establishment. A sign near the door advertises, Winter Cake Special!

Futae giggles as the last coffee machine finishes warming up, and prances her way downstairs to greet customers.

Sanin is prodded awake from her drunken stupor and pulls on an apron, grumbling at the prospect of the day's work.

Life as usual at Academy City.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-19 at 11:45 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Town]

Hisagi breathes a sigh of relief as school finishes, quickly exiting the Academy, and the Garden. He swiftly walks towards what appears to be a cafe, ignores the people at the front, and walks up to a door. Opening it, he exits the cafe into a back alley, and continues walking until he reaches another door.

He opens it, and walks into his apartment, breathing a sigh of relief before taking opening a pack of cigarettes, and lighting one. He takes a slow drag off of it, before opening his phone to call... someone.

Somewhere in Academy City, a phone is ringing.

Who will pick up?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Sakurako, Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri

Whenever Tokiwadai let out, there was always one girl in particular who sped through the streets whenever the fancy struck her. And be 'sped', she was actually 'hopping' from teleport to teleport towards her destination. A good way to practice her endurance and plus...Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri had some of the best food in the entire city!

At least...that was the opinion of the teleporter rapidly making her way to the hybrid restaurant, red pony-tail flying behind her. Sakurako gave little care for decorum as she hurries towards her favorite spot, schoolbag in hand as she finally rounds the final corner to see the restaurant. That was about the time that Sanin was wearily tying on her apron, also about the same time that Sakurako pushed open the door.

"Hello~!" the energetic red-head calls out entirely too happily as she comes in, eying Sanin with a mischievous look in her eyes. "Aww, why do you insist on wearing such...slovenly things?"

The question was directed at Sanin herself, making several new customers freeze in surprise, even as those who had seen this spectacle before just shake their heads with a bemused expression on their faces.

In a flash Sakurako was behind the older and, frankly, intimidating woman and reaching her hands out. One is playfully rested on Sanin's hip while the other is a little more adventurous in traveling upwards.

"Did you at least wear something decent or feminine beneath these Mitsune-chan?" Sakurako teases before focusing for just a moment. In the next Sanin's sweatpants and white shirt appeared three feet to her left...and completely off her body. Good thing Sanin was still behind a counter and out of sight for the most part!

Giggling, the trickster quickly dances back and reappears back by the door, reaching up to cover her mouth with one hand as she looks critically at Sanin.

"Well I guess it's not too bad..." Sakurako muses aloud, gazing up at the ceiling before her phone begins to ring. She blinks rapidly, fishing it out of her pocket and looks at the front screen in confusion before flipping it open, "Hello? Hisagi-kun?"

The vibrant red-head seems utterly oblivious to the brewing danger behind her...
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Apartment Building 2A]

Hisagi grins as Sakurako answers the phone.

"Hey Sakurako-chan. Where are you, I don't feel like practicing my violin today."

He throws a glare at the violin in the corner, which seems to shrink in fear.

"So I decided to call you, and see if we could get some coffee together."

Hisagi pulls the phone away from his face and takes another drag off his cigarrete, inhaling deeply, before exhaling slowly, eyes closing in a brief moment of relaxation.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

Whenever Tokiwadai let out, there was always one girl in particular who sped through the streets whenever the fancy struck her. And be 'sped', she was actually 'hopping' from teleport to teleport towards her destination. A good way to practice her endurance and plus...Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri had some of the best food in the entire city!

At least...that was the opinion of the teleporter rapidly making her way to the hybrid restaurant, red pony-tail flying behind her. Sakurako gave little care for decorum as she hurries towards her favorite spot, schoolbag in hand as she finally rounds the final corner to see the restaurant. That was about the time that Sanin was wearily tying on her apron, also about the same time that Sakurako pushed open the door.

"Hello~!" the energetic red-head calls out entirely too happily as she comes in, eying Sanin with a mischievous look in her eyes. "Aww, why do you insist on wearing such...slovenly things?"

The question was directed at Sanin herself, making several new customers freeze in surprise, even as those who had seen this spectacle before just shake their heads with a bemused expression on their faces.

In a flash Sakurako was behind the older and, frankly, intimidating woman and reaching her hands out. One is playfully rested on Sanin's hip while the other is a little more adventurous in traveling upwards.

"Did you at least wear something decent or feminine beneath these Mitsune-chan?" Sakurako teases before focusing for just a moment. In the next Sanin's sweatpants and white shirt appeared three feet to her left...and completely off her body. Good thing Sanin was still behind a counter and out of sight for the most part!

Giggling, the trickster quickly dances back and reappears back by the door, reaching up to cover her mouth with one hand as she looks critically at Sanin.

"Well I guess it's not too bad..." Sakurako muses aloud, gazing up at the ceiling before her phone begins to ring. She blinks rapidly, fishing it out of her pocket and looks at the front screen in confusion before flipping it open, "Hello? Hisagi-kun?"

The vibrant red-head seems utterly oblivious to the brewing danger behind her...

Sanin

Society drives it into the heads of humans that nudity is a condition that induces embarrassment. Perhaps that was why Sakurako was off guard after she stripped Sanin almost nude. Regrettably, Sakurako has forgotten one key piece of information that has instead doomed her, utterly and irreversibly:

Drunk people don't get embarrassed so easily.

Behind the distracted Sakurako, a stiff, mechanical smile appears on Sanin's face. Veins around her temples bulge as rage, mixed with liberal amounts of alcohol, builds up in Sanin, easily overwhelming any sense of impropriety she might have had at standing in a crowded restaurant wearing nothing but a track jacket.

"Sakurako-chan~?" The voice is sweet, sweet like a ripe apple laced with deadly poison. Sanin's wiry, toned arms wrap around Sakurako's throat in a neck snapping grip.

"Irasshai."

*Crack*
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-20 at 01:28 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

Kei felt today's classes had been especially boring. As a result he was eager to leave and find something fun to do when he heard the dismissal chime. Once he had exited the school grounds he headed quickly to the Kadokado Café, specifically its second floor. Upon entering he swiftly took a seat and waited for a server.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanazuchi Kazumi

Winter.... it was that magical time in Academy city, where the normally tall and gleaming buildings were now matched with a light snow. Small flakes fell even as bells rang, and it gave a kind of Christmas and New Year Holiday feeling to the atmosphere.

But it was cold. Kazumi hated the cold.

She was running in an undignified manner for a student of the famous princess school [Tokiwadai], fighting wind and holding her bag to her chest. Mittens and a hat were her only protection from the annoyance of the weather.

Of course, the forecast had said it would be like this. And of course she prepared like the other girls in the dormitory.

But the reason that Kazumi is running is because of the noisy people chasing her angrily. Yes, another mistaken confrontation. Because of course, a girl who is out of school and running to chase a certain red-haired sempai who teleported a certain important blazer, is not interested in avoiding possible cultural failures. Like running into a certain group of young brats.

In specific, a group of brats whose member she had punched the week before when he had made an attempt to buy ice cream for her.

Yes, she could fight these boys now. But the dorm supervisor would hear, and that was a terrifying thought that made Kazumi run more quickly.

The snow was slippery, so she skidded around the corner and at last, she had arrived. She breathed a sigh of relief. It was convenient to have an ability such as hers, because she was not sweating or breathing hard. But here at the Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri named restaurant, maybe she would find her target, and lose the troublesome boys.

"S-so cold!" She muttered to herself as she entered.

Ah, but as usual it is a scene of embarrassment, as expected of Sakurako.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-08-20 at 06:33 AM.
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City

Yamamoto Katsu

As the bell rang it's first chord and the teacher allowed the class to go a wind swept through the room.
    Katsu was already in the hallway when his classmates were getting up, climbing out a window and speeding down he soon reached the roads outside Azabu Academy.

At this point Kei has been sitting for about three seconds, he might now notice the wind that blows the door up and closes it silently again. He might also notice that a fellow student from Azabu sitting right next to him

"Hi there! have you ordered yet? I wonder if they have cocoa today, I like cocoa. But they never have any. What do you want to order?"
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2010-08-20 at 08:01 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin

It went by so quickly that she barely could register what was happening.

Fast, stamping footsteps, heart racing as she sped down the street-

A shriek that tore from her throat, and then-

A loud thump that resounded not only in the air, but through her body.

Rin blearily opens her eyes.
    "Ooooowwww..."
    Everything was upside down? Rin tilts her head, and then falls over as her precarious balance is thrown off, giving a little eep of surprise as she lands in a small pile of snow. Slowly regaining her bearings, she looks back from where she came from, trying to work out precisely what had happened.

As a few bystanders stared at her, whispering to themselves, the memories of her impromptu but quite spectacular flight across a small patch of ice come back, and Rin's cheeks color with her embarrassment. She quickly brushes off the snow (or not really, it mostly just melts onto her now quite sodden uniform), picks herself up and tries to walk away as quickly as possible.

Feeling quite miserable, her head down, Rin enters Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri. It wasn't where she had planned to go, or a place she was familiar with (in fact, where was she? She'd lost her way at some point), but it looked warm and like a place where she could get something to eat. She barely registers the situation she's stumbled into, and instead just tries to slip in quietly and get a seat, not wanting to garner attention due to her embarrassment.

Those who keep up with the times will probably recognize her as the new pride of Tokiwadai, a girl rumored to be a from a family rich enough that they could probably buy half the city right out, and a prodigy ability user. It's doubtful that anyone will actually know her personally yet though... which will probably make people curious, especially over why she has arrived here of all places. It's far from her school, certainly not a classy establishment, and just what had happened to her, anyway?

Rin herself just sits alone, her body somewhere between a posture of 'everything is definitely totally normal' and a less refined and more pathetic 'please don't look at me.'

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Fujii Hinata

Through the streets and crowds of wandering students, dances a tall figure dressed in a fluffy, pink wintercoat, giggling as he slides on the thin sheen of ice formed on the walkways, whirling and jumping around as if he was figure skating. Brisk winter air makes his cheeks beam red even through layers of white powder as he makes his merry way towards his new workplace.

Overall, he seems to be dangerously stuck in his own little world. People scurry out of his way, not wanting to collide with the oblivious traveller. He smiles widely at passerbys as he prances past them, sometimes brushing their clother or hair, gathering several puzzled glances before arriving at the doorstep of Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri.

"Yoshikawa-san! I'm here!"
    , Fujii Hinata chirps as he pushes past Kazumi, small bits of frost and snow falling down from his head and shoulders. His smile is replaced by blank confusion as the odd scene begins registering in his mind. Several things immediatly jump to his mind, such as:

Why is Mitsu-chan wearing so few clothes?

Why is she choking that hapless girl?

And, most importantly:

"Oooh! Such adorable color!"
    , Hinata shouts, hurrying next to Sanin and kneeing his superior to her side as he grabs hold of Sakurako's pony-tail, bronze eyes shining with enthusiasm. "What dye do you use? You must tell me, Pretty-chan!"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    "Sakurako-chan~?" The voice is sweet, sweet like a ripe apple laced with deadly poison. Sanin's wiry, toned arms wrap around Sakurako's throat in a neck snapping grip.

"Irasshai."

*Crack*

"Oh you know me, schools out and I always try to swing by Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri for something quick to eat and to tease Mitsune-chan..." Sakurako says all too happily, until the restaurant holder's arms slide over her shoulders and around her neck, causing fear to grip her heart and freeze her mind. "H-h-hey there Sanin-san, I hope you didn't take that personall...ghhgh! Hisagi, she's got me! *crack*"

Sakurako's green eyes go wide, just as the neck-snapping motion is completed and she begins to fall down to the ground. Just before everything went black, she noticed Kazumi coming in and belatedly remembers she has the other's blazer in her school bag...and that someone is petting her pony-tail.

Goodbye sweet world!

============

Few Minutes Later...

Sakurako gives another apologetic bow to Kazumi and Sanin, a sheepish look on her face as she returns her younger class-mate's blazer.

"Sorry, sorry! Just can't help myself, besides Kazumi-chan you liked like you were too hot!" Sakurako says defensively, but with a good natured smile on her face. Truly it was all in good fun, something to brighten up an otherwise ordinary day, even as she casts a perturbed look at the...boy? Girl? The person who had been stroking her pony-tail before. Hinata's words make her flush, possessively grabbing her own pony-tail and running one hand along it.

"Hey, this is my natural hair color!" she says, lying but not too much, she was a redhead, she just dyed to this specific shade...Really!

"C'mon Kazumi-chan.." the red-head grumbles, heading towards one of the empty tables. She can't help but look curiously at the albino girl in the Tokiwadai uniform though...it couldn't be..could it?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Kanazuchi Kazumi
    [A certain Japanese Restaurant]

Kazumi had been avoiding a fight only because she was stubborn enough to chase down Sakurako. But to stand inside of the restaurant and witness the neck twist, and then the dejected arrival of another sempai - and the most famous and legendary one of Tokiwadai- it was a small statement that Kazumi was unbalanced. The stranger who Kazumi decided to call 'Pink Jacket' was more off balancing.

Were the brats outside still? Kazumi turned to look. Oh, they had stared at the dejected Ace of Tokiwadai, and then run away.

To say that a fight with a Tokiwadai student is a bad idea is true. But of a place where there is two, it must be thought as a dangerous place. And if it is three, then it is advisable to run away.

Maybe they are smarter than they appear. Kazumi thought. With an exasperated look, she put her blazer on again, hit Sakurako lightly on the arm and followed Sakurako to the table.

"Oi, Kazusa sempai, I don't know who this...Pink Jacket friend is... But if you're going to do strange things with....Pink Jacket, then I'll excuse myself now. I think I see our 'Ace' over there."
    Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Harada Rin
    [Dripping at a Table]

Rin drops her books and bag next to her, sighing with relief as she notes they're undamaged. The same couldn't be said for her uniform, but that's a simpler matter to take care of. She could just get a new one, easy.

For a while, she doesn't seem to notice all the attention that is focusing on her, but eventually she catches on. Her eyes flick around, noting the various reactions and stares, feeling rather put on the spot. Had she done something wrong? Was there something in her hair? The fall hadn't damage her uniform, had it?

No wonder her mother had schooled her so much in keeping posture and poise- Rin really didn't think she could manage to sit so calmly if it hadn't been for that. It felt so weird to have everyone's eyes on her, and she didn't even know why. Surreptitiously she tries to check her uniform and hair, but... no, it probably wasn't anything in particular, just her poor state after her fall.

However, these thoughts quickly pass as she picks up a small menu and begins perusing it. She could choose whatever she wanted! What fun! Maybe she'd get a little of everything- she could do that, right? Her legs swing back and forth as she begins cheering up a bit. She was inside, and drying out a bit- it'd be fine.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

"Oh you know me, schools out and I always try to swing by Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri for something quick to eat and to tease Mitsune-chan..." Sakurako says all too happily, until the restaurant holder's arms slide over her shoulders and around her neck, causing fear to grip her heart and freeze her mind. "H-h-hey there Sanin-san, I hope you didn't take that personall...ghhgh! Hisagi, she's got me! *crack*"

Sanin

Sanin still does not seem to care that half the restaurant is staring at her and the other half is staring at her lack of clothes. She grips Sakurako's head in a one handed vice grip, her utterly fake smile still on her face, but the sweet voice gives away to Sanin's usual guttural drawling.

"Okay, ya little brat. Told ya not to do that, didn't I? Do it again, and next time I strip YOU. 'Kay?"

"Wait, she's really going to do that?"

"Oh yeah, definitely."

"This place is awesome."

"And the next time you call me that, I'm putting pickles in yer burger. LOTS of 'em."

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Fujii Hinata

"Yoshikawa-san! I'm here!"
    , Fujii Hinata chirps as he pushes past Kazumi, small bits of frost and snow falling down from his head and shoulders.
    [/color]
    Sanin lets go of Sakurako's head and turns to her employee, the typical look of disgruntled boredom back on her face.

"Oh, heya part-timer. Get yerself ready, we've got a long day--*oof!* Hey!" She glares at Hinata, rubbing her side. "What was that for!? Watch it! " She starts towards Hinata, her rage kindled again...

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    Harada Rin
    [Dripping at a Table]

Rin drops her books and bag next to her, sighing with relief as she notes they're undamaged. The same couldn't be said for her uniform, but that's a simpler matter to take care of. She could just get a new one, easy.

For a while, she doesn't seem to notice all the attention that is focusing on her, but eventually she catches on. Her eyes flick around, noting the various reactions and stares, feeling rather put on the spot. Had she done something wrong? Was there something in her hair? The fall hadn't damage her uniform, had it?

No wonder her mother had schooled her so much in keeping posture and poise- Rin really didn't think she could manage to sit so calmly if it hadn't been for that. It felt so weird to have everyone's eyes on her, and she didn't even know why. Surreptitiously she tries to check her uniform and hair, but... no, it probably wasn't anything in particular, just her poor state after her fall.

However, these thoughts quickly pass as she picks up a small menu and begins perusing it. She could choose whatever she wanted! What fun! Maybe she'd get a little of everything- she could do that, right? Her legs swing back and forth as she begins cheering up a bit. She was inside, and drying out a bit- it'd be fine.
    ...but she's distracted by the new customer.

"Wait a sec...haven't I seen her before?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Yamamoto Katsu

As the bell rang it's first chord and the teacher allowed the class to go a wind swept through the room.
    Katsu was already in the hallway when his classmates were getting up, climbing out a window and speeding down he soon reached the roads outside Azabu Academy.

At this point Kei has been sitting for about three seconds, he might now notice the wind that blows the door up and closes it silently again. He might also notice that a fellow student from Azabu sitting right next to him

"Hi there! have you ordered yet? I wonder if they have cocoa today, I like cocoa. But they never have any. What do you want to order?"
    Yoshikawa Futae

As Katsu accosts the unfortunate Kei, Futae's ears perk up to the sound of unattended customers. She twirls her way over to their table, notepad and pen in her hands.

"Hi~Hi~~!" Futae practically sings her greetings as she leans over and thrusts her face into Kei and Katsu's, a little too close for comfort.

"Welcome to Kadokado! What can Fu-chan get you today?"
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-08-20 at 06:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei smiled coolly at Futae. Someone as pretty as her could never be too close for comfort. "I'll have the largest parfait you make. I've seen you serve some huge ones here before and I'm looking for a challenge." Katsu was another story. He was a thorn in his side. He had planned to pick one of the numerous Tokiwadai hotties out of the crowd and invite her over to eat with him privately but this energetic error just had to show up and ruin things.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh? Is that so?", Hinata chuckles as Sakurako makes her flustered reply. However, he deems obeying his new superior more important than teasing the red-haired girl. This time.

"Of course, Yoshikawa-san!", Hinata says primly, "I'll be ready in no time <3 !" Customers might take note of a large black backpack he's carrying with him, before he vanishes from the room, having gone to some well-hidden part of the seedy restaurant to change his clothes.

When he prances back to the main room few minutes later, he looks quite... different. The pink wintercoat has changed places with a plain yet sill rather comely red dress, and he's conjured up a wig with shoulder-lenght blonde hair, decorated with a large, red ribbon. Only his heart-shaped cast iron earrings seem to have stayed the same - even his way of moving is different as he prances to Rin, a pen and a notepad at hand.

"So, what can we do to you today, Ojou-sama?"
    , he askes, smiling as charmingly as he just can at the pallid prodigy.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Rail IC] Academy City

Sakurako

"Ow! What was that for? You act like I stole your skirt or something!" Sakurako says as Kazumi punches her in the arm, blinking rapidly as she's shaken out of her reverie by the blow, "Hey, I don't know who he is either! I don't remember him from the last time I was here..."

However, Sakurako's attention still seems distracted by the pallid girl that 'Pink Jacket' was swooping down towards. Suddenly she did a double check and felt a bit queasy. Now she remembered Pink Jacket from when she was here last...and casually flirting with her in a friendly manner. Ohh, she'd been tricked!

But to see a Level 5, the one from our school nonetheless, out of the Garden and here? Something must be up...

"Hey Kazumi-chan, lets go sit with her! Looks like she's here all alone...and just look at her! She's like a drowned kitten!" Sakurako whispers fiercely, feeling her sisterly instinct kicking in at the sight of the dripping Rin. Giving a quick tilt of the head to Kazumi, Sakurako is quickly out of their booth and sliding into Rin's with a large smile on her face.

"Don't you mean 'serve'?" the red-head says a bit shortly to Hinata, glaring daggers at him for just a moment, "And I'll just have a double hamburger and some Pocari Sweat."

Still glaring a little at Hinata, Sakurako turns to Rin and gives a warm smile. "Sorry..you just looked kind of lonely over here, I thought I'd keep you company. If I'm being a bother then I'll happily leave you be."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

Rin tilts her head curiously at the reappearance of Hinata. She hadn't really looked at him at first, what with her head down and all, but she could have sworn he was a guy... but maybe this was someone different. Or maybe she simply didn't see right. Huh. Whatever. Just as she's reconciling these things in her mind, Sakurako slips into the booth quite unexpectedly, which causes her to blink. However, she quickly recovers at the other girl's words.

Friendly person! That's great!

Shaking her head, white hair sweeping with the motion gracefully, Rin beams at Sakurako.
    "I don't mind!"
    She looks down at her menu and puts both hands under her chin as she ponders it.
    "But I don't know what to get either. All of it looks good."
    Her violet eyes look back towards Hinata.
    "Could I get a little of everything, maybe?"

The first response of someone in that position might be to laugh or make a strange face, but Rin just looks so hopeful and excited by the prospect that it might be hard to say no or make fun of her for it.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmmm?" Hinata gives Sakurako a quick glance as she marches to the scene. He takes quip at face value. Oh yes, I must focus. Can't scare away customers. Quickly, he scribbles down Sakurako's order, his friendly smile unfaltering under the daggers of her gaze. Rin's order still catches him off guard.

"I'm sorry, I don't think that's on the menu"
    , he says apologetically. "We'll see what we can do, however. Maybe your friend could pick a dish for you if we can't manage this order?" He gives a hopeful look at Sakurako.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

Outside A Certain Bank

The civilians were being kept out of the area around a bank, being held back by yellow tape and both Anti-Skill and Judgement operatives. A man had apparently taken hostages in his robbery of the bank.

Inside

A young, disheveled man sat atop one of the service counters, two large sacks of money behind him. At his side was a handgun, and in front of him were many terrified civilians and bank employees sitting on the floor. The man sighed, lighting a cigarette for himself to calm his nerves. It was supposed to be smoother than this. Damn Judgement getting in the way. He thought. But they can't get me here.

Outside Hitsushi was one of the first Judgement operatives on the scene, keeping the civilians away from the area as per the criminal's demands. A young girl came out of the bank to deliver a written message from the criminal, "If Judgement or Anti-Skill entered the bank then he'll start killing the hostages.

Inside

Suddenly the man could make out an approaching shape. Damn. I told them not to come in here. He shakily picked up the handgun. "Don't come any closer or I'll shoot!" He shouted at the approaching figure, pointing the handgun at a female hostage.

The figure raised its hands to show that it was unarmed. "I am not with Judgement or Anti-Skill. You have nothing to fear." It became clear that the figure was a woman based on her voice. The criminal lowered his gun slightly.

"I would just like to speak with you, sir." The woman said as she approached, her arms still in plain view. "Now, tell me your name."

Outside

Hitsushi was busy comforting the girl who had since then broken in tears. The girl's mother was still inside, but he could not do anything. It seemed to be at a stalemate for the time being. This frustrated him; why did they have to take the demands of a deranged criminal?

Inside

"Honda- It's Honda Hiroshi." He said reluctantly, still wary about this figure. "How the hell did you get in here? And how can I be sure that you aren't a member of Judgement or Anti-Skill?

"Simple, I walked." The girl said as she got closer, now the man could make out her appearance. She was of average height for her gender, perhaps a bit tall. Her hair was long and black, with several pink streaks in it. Entwined in her hair was a pale pink rose as well. The most striking part of the woman was her choice of clothing. She wore a black jacket over a pale blue dress. Both flared out at the hips quite dramatically. The outfit was complimented by a pair of long white gloves that extended past her elbows and thigh-high stockings. "I am not a member of Judgement, having no psychic abilities. And I am in direct violation of Anti-Skill dress-code. Furthermore, I would not be risking these hostages by entering. That's a breach of protocol."

The man slowly nodded, understanding.

Outside

The girl was incredibly worried about the fate of her mother. Hitsushi had to make her feel better. He went down on his knee to be at eye-level with the girl. "Shhhhh. Don't worry. It will be fine. We have Academy City's best operatives on the case." He patted the girl on the head. His words did not seem to be doing much.

Inside

The woman produced a small candy dispenser from a pocket on the inside of her jacket. "Would you like some candy?" She asked, popping a piece out onto her gloved hand.

"What? No." The man said, confused. "I still don't entirely trust you. It could be poisoned or something."

The woman sighed, eating the candy herself. "Mmm. Strawberry." She leaned against the service counter, seeming to be undaunted by the man's firearm. "Alright, so why do you need it?"

"What?" The man asked, confused.

"Why do you need the money?" She clarified, glancing over at the man in the corner of her eye.

Honda hesitated before answering with a sigh. "It's... It's to help my sister. We're very poor. My sister just got accepted into Tokiwadai. Ever since our parents died we have been struggling to make ends meet. Tokiwadai has always been a distant goal for her- And I have been supporting this dream. I never thought that she would have actually qualified." Honda put his head in his hands. "But now I can't stand to see her cry, and I needed some way to make the tuition. But I never thought it would end up like this."

Outside

Hitsushi put a hand on the child's shoulder. Shhhh. Your mother wouldn't want you to be crying. She would want you to be strong. Don't worry, she will be out soon. The child nodded slowly.

Inside

The woman nodded, moving closer to the man. "Does she know you are doing this?"

"No, she's at home right now." The man admitted, shaking his head.

"Do you think she would be proud of what you are doing?" The woman asked, turning to look at him directly.

"I-"

"Do you think that this is the way she would like to get into Tokiwadai? Do you think that she cares more about her school than her own brother?" The woman glared at him.

"I- no!" The man stood up, letting the gun fall to the ground. "You don't know who I am."

The woman slid the gun over to herself with her foot, picking it up and examining it. "Oh, I know who you are and what kind of person you are. You are a good person." The gun opened with a click, it was empty. "And you would not put someone's life at risk. If you leave now then your sentence will likely be reduced."

"I- I can't do that. Not to her. She won't want to see her brother in jail. Things are bad enough for us at it is!" Honda said, snatching the empty gun out of her hand.

The woman paused. "Alright... Listen. I got in through a hole in the wall that I created. The Anti-Skills and Judgement operatives are not positioned there; they do not even know it is there yet... I'll let you go."

Outside

"Alright. Are you feeling better?" Hitsushi asked the girl after she had a few minutes to regain her thoughts. The girl nodded. "Alright." He patted her head once more.

Inside

"Just like that?"

"Yes, just like that."

"Are you sure that there's no one out there who could bust me?"

The strangely dressed woman nodded.

Honda shook his head, feeling defeated despite getting away with the crime, walking away with both bags of cash.

"... Would you like some candy." She offered, with a smile.

"Sure. Thank you... for all of this." He said, taking a piece from the dispenser.

The hostages all began to make for the door.

Outside

"See? They are all coming out now." Hitsushi said as both he and the child approached the bank.

Inside

"I... never caught your name." Honda said, looking at the woman as he popped the candy in his mouth.

"Oh, it isn't important."

"Not important?"

"Well, not to you, goodbye." She said, as she walked away.

Outside

All of a sudden an explosion was heard, and Hitsushi rushed into the bank, letting go of the child's hand. "What the..." He said as he was confronted with a terrible sight. Money was scattered everywhere, most of it was burnt. In the middle of the ground there was a headless body, and blood was splattered everywhere.

The woman patted Hitsushi on the back. "Mission accomplished. It's all yours." She said, disappearing before he could even react.

The child and mother were reunited. The hostages and members of Anti-Skill and Judgement were unharmed. The criminal was neutralized. Mission accomplished. But why did Hitsushi feel bad?

The woman felt none of this remorse.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Halfling in the Playground

Hongakuteki Nihon Ryouri

Meiryoku walked up and cheerily entered the restaurant. She waved and grinned to her friends inside. How's everyone going? Cold? She wasn't even wearing a coat, only a light sweater. But then again, her abilities gave her a sort of immunity to cold.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Rin

"Okay."
    Rin seems slightly confused by Hinata's response, but takes it in stride without comment, assuming he'll find some way to work it out for her. She could pay- she's sure they'll manage it for her somehow. Then again, she's used to having a private cook, so her optimism is likely unfounded.

With that taken care of, she turns her attention to Sakurako again, smiling.
    "So, who are you?"
    It's a little blunt, but the smile across her pale face, and her rather informal posture and cheery tone take all the edge out of the question, direct or not.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nothingclever View Post
    Kei smiled coolly at Futae. Someone as pretty as her could never be too close for comfort. "I'll have the largest parfait you make. I've seen you serve some huge ones here before and I'm looking for a challenge." Katsu was another story. He was a thorn in his side. He had planned to pick one of the numerous Tokiwadai hotties out of the crowd and invite her over to eat with him privately but this energetic error just had to show up and ruin things.
    Futae

Futae gives Kei a playful smile. "Reaaally? Fu-chan's parfaits are really really big, you know! One guy thought he could eat it all, but he just got sick! All in front of the cute girls, too!" She giggles and twirls her pen.

"What flavor do ya want? We got chocolate, strawberry, mango, durian..." She absentmindedly tugs at the collar of her shirt, which has the top three buttons undone.

Sanin

As for Sanin at the Hongaku, she shuffles off into the backroom, her clothes in tow.

"Manager, we've got--AAH!"

"Huh? What's going--eek! Manager, why are you almost naked?!"

"What's wrong? Woah! Hey! Man, I'm glad I work here--" *Smack*

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Kei, Kadokado Café

"I'm sure. Chocolate please. By the way, I have to say it's quite a pleasure to be served by the manager herself. You look lovely as always." Just as he had finished speaking an eruption of cries broke out. A few of said cute girls had spotted him and shouted in adoration altering even more to his presence causing a change reaction. "Kyaaa!~ It's really him! Azabu's ace! Ehhhhh?! Kei-kun is here? I'll have whatever he's having! Me too! Awww, he looks good enough to eat! *giggle* He's so dreamy!" Fortunately for Kei none of them could work up the courage to directly approach him and he wasn't swarmed by his many admirers. "I guess I'm good for business even without my powers," shrugged the esper.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2010-08-20 at 07:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Cici and Catarino's Apartment

Cici closed the programs that were open. She stood up, picked up her pack, and walked towards the door.

"I'm going, then, Catarino, she called out.

"Alright, then," he called back.

Cici went through the door, and down the stairs. She walked back to Onizuka Middle School, towards the laboratory.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Onizuka Laboratory

Cici opens the door to the laboratory. "Hello?" she calls.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Masaki

Masaki does not turn around as Cici walks in.

"Ms. Sato. We just got a memo from the ballistics team. They want a customized software program that can extrapolate and predict the ballistic performance of the 5.47mm x 48mm round that the Large Weapon will be using. The data's on the table over there, you just need to convert it into a software program." He motions a free hand over to a messy table with a stack of papers and a computer on it.

But then he remembers something.

"What, not even a hello or a how are you? Look, kid, no one's going to like being around you if you can't even say "hi", okay? Take it from me."

His sixth day at his new job, working with Moriyage.

"I mean, yeah, talking with people that you barely know isn't a whole lot of fun. Hell, I hate talking. To anyone."

The click of a lighter, the smell of smoke.

"But at least ask how they are. It'll make you less of a jack***."

Masaki coughs.

"How...how was your day at school, Ms. Sato?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Cici picked up the stack of paper and walked over to a computer.

"The usual," she said. "Catarino got in trouble when a falcon pooped in the classroom." Cici snickered a bit at this. "How was your class?"

She turned on the computer and opened up a programming language.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show