New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Suppose Banjo HAD cast the deciding vote

As the title says above, what if Banjo had cast the deciding vote as a last second newcomer, and voted against Hel. How do you think Hel would react? How would Loki react? What kind of effect would it have on the Goddess of Plague to know that the plan she had been hedging all her bets on has just been foiled by a puppet.

You can place whatever dialogue you think would ensue here.

Sincerely,
    Lord
    : Proud Veteran Warrior of The Roy fan club.
    : Proud Member of the Redcloak fan club

These hands of mine have been dirty for a long time now Suzaku, your coming to face me now doesn't matter at all. Hell I welcome it even.
    I mean of course you and I are friends.
    {Begins laughing Maniacally as the city around him falls apart}

Lelouch Vi Brittania's reaction to a deaththreat from his best friend. Badass

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Suppose Banjo HAD cast the deciding vote

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    As the title says above, what if Banjo had cast the deciding vote as a last second newcomer, and voted against Hel. How do you think Hel would react? How would Loki react? What kind of effect would it have on the Goddess of Plague to know that the plan she had been hedging all her bets on has just been foiled by a puppet.
    Banjo is a manifestation of the Snarl. As such, does not care what the gods are intending, as long as the gates come crashing down and some revenge is available for having been locked up on that beach for so long. (You do realize how tiring it can be to get nothing but Corona beer commercials as your entertainment, right?)
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2016-03-11 at 04:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

If Banjo had cast the deciding vote, he'd have voted to nuke this forum along with all its Banjo threads.
    ungelic is us

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hroşila View Post
    If Banjo had cast the deciding vote, he'd have voted to nuke this forum along with all its Banjo threads.
    Best quote I've seen regarding Banjo and/or Banjo threads.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Hel would obviously try to get her consolation prize : now that she has a high level dwarf vampire cleric, she can easily establish a strong vampire dominance in the dwarven society and get her ego trip from that. Durkula will gloat and inform Roy of his first target : a council of elder dwarves who rule their society and is about to gather for some reason.
    The official clerics of the Godsmoot can't deal with it because with all ushers dead it's up to them to clean up the place. The OotS is compelled to go and stop him since it's their fault it happened. They also need their cleric back and it's more or less on the way. And all the Unresolved Dramatic Tension demands a conclusion.

So we would basically have the same story, except everyone would be complaining about the OotS being stupid to focus on a subplot instead of saving the world from destruction.

And Banjo is a puppet.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Banjo is a manifestation of the Snarl. As such, does not care what the gods are intending, as long as the gates come crashing down and some revenge is available for having been locked up on that beach for so long. (You do realize how tiring it can be to get nothing but Corona beer commercials as your entertainment, right?)
    Actually the Snarl, if it has an opinion, is in favor of keeping the last gate open. If the Gods unmake the world, they will do so in a manner that gives the Snarl no opening to break through with. If on the other hand the last gate goes critical, there will be a period of time during which the Snarl could break out of its prison and maybe kill the Gods before they could create a new world.

Thus it is far better for the Snarl if the last gate remains standing long enough for it to get destroyed by Xykon, or somebody else.

Also in regards to the other posts, I was more asking what the nature of Hel's villainous breakdown will be when utterly defeated by a freaking puppet. Yes Banjo is a puppet, thats the whole point. For Hel to be defeated by Banjo would be an incredibly ignominious way for her evil plans to be utterly foiled.

So I wanted to see what people thought her immediate reaction would be. Screaming in impotent fury? Stunned into silence?

What do you think?
    : Proud Veteran Warrior of The Roy fan club.
    : Proud Member of the Redcloak fan club

These hands of mine have been dirty for a long time now Suzaku, your coming to face me now doesn't matter at all. Hell I welcome it even.
    I mean of course you and I are friends.
    {Begins laughing Maniacally as the city around him falls apart}

Lelouch Vi Brittania's reaction to a deaththreat from his best friend. Badass

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

If joining the madness will draw it to a close...

Is Banjo a Demigod or full God? If the puppet god of puppets was a full deity, all of Hels machinations would've been for nothing.
    As for Hels reaction... I'm guessing indignation? Followed by a request for a recount, where some of the more serious Gods decide this world's gotten a bit silly and maybe they should destroy it anyway?
    This foray into banjoism has given me a headache...
    I admit full culpability for Phyrnglsnyx

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Why on earth would you assume Banjo would vote no?
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I was surprised to find no one ever pointed out Banjo most likely cannot cast a tie-breaking vote, since it would likely be opposed by Giggles.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Halfling in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    I was surprised to find no one ever pointed out Banjo most likely cannot cast a tie-breaking vote, since it would likely be opposed by Giggles.
    Not to mention the possibility of Banjo manifesting as Banjulhu.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Enero Irontoad View Post
    Not to mention the possibility of Banjo manifesting as Banjulhu.
    That's not a possibility, that's exactly what would happen!
    "Really? The premature villain gloat? I'm a failure as a parent." - Loki, OotS #1012
    "The good news is that I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing." - Blackwing, OotS #1020