Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Erin's Emporium]

Aeryn grins and laughs at that descrption of replifare. "I'm sure Quark would agree with you. It is rather...bleh. But still, for emergency rations, it'd have to be better than Meals Rejected by the Enemy, right?"
    "I'm hoping to never find out, on both counts." Neither replifare nor Meals Rejected by the Enemy are on Westlanna's dinner plans.

"Well, you have a great evening now, ok?" Wes says to Aeryn, as she gathers up her new tri-corder and clearly is ready to head out.

[Jessica's House]

((I have not forgotten this scene. Just give me a little time please ))

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    Dave is another one of those exceptions. Which becomes evident as he tries to grab here and direct her down a hall along with a man on a gurney, who is quite clearly suffering from wounds from a car crash.
    "Surgery room, NOW. This man just crashed his car outside."
    "Yes, Dr." Weslanna replies as she hurries along. The first chance she gets Wes takes stock of the visible injuries and starts taking the crash victim's vitals. She is calm, and though she makes a few minor blunders, she is clearly utilizing skills born of experience in this field. A trained eye would promptly guess that Westlanna has done this sort of thing before, but some time ago and in a different setting.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Wandering]

"It's fine, don't apologize. We'll just try a different exercise then," Amlin reaches into a pocket and pulls out a small case containing... charcoal? He takes a bit of the charcoal and designs a simple circle in the middle of his palm, "Concentrate on the circle. it's the only thing you can see. there is nothing else around..."

Another exercise then, this time getting Freddy's focus away from his own body. does this one work any better?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Barbarian in the Playground

"A different exercise would be great," the Huldra replies sheepishly. Then focuses on the circle!

This works a lot better since he doesn't have to listen to the incoherent wailing of all the burning souls writhing around inside him.

Okay.

Circle.

Focusing on it.

Totally doing that.

Focus on the circle. Ignore everything else...
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

"Close your eyes. The circle is still in your mind. There is still a circle within your thoughts. You desire an ability that you know others of your kind have, yes? Continue to imagine the circle. but slowly, it changes, becoming the image of what you desire, an ability which you wish to utilize. focus on that, and exert your will towards it," Amlin making a couple assumptions here, of course, but it might help.

5. - Top - End - #1415

Freddy scrunches his eyes tight!

And imagines...

Circle... Extend will toward it. Tell it to be what he wants it to be... Circle...

Meanwhile!

Remember those three wisps of Fox-Fire that were orbiting the necromancer's head?

Each one of them just shifted into three little rings of charcoal dust drifting about in mid-air. Should he poke at them they'll feel just like charcoal, even leaving his fingers black and smelling strongly of hearth ashes. The Huldra doesn't seem to be aware of what he's doing yet.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Inside Warehouse Plot]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    That's some heavy ordnance, Dipsnig comments, stepping inside.
    Lady Raennall follows Dipsnig inside. The muscular woman's weapons stand in sharp contrast to the heavy ultra-modern artillery that Percilia is wielding.

At her side hangs a long, heavy sword, at her back is a sleek quiver with a variety of arrows, and she carries a longbow. By the way she carries herself, by how her eyes instantly flick to all the spots men would hide in an ambush as she checks that she is not stepping into a trap, and by the look of her perfectly constructed weaponry she is a well-trained warrior. In her world she is doubtlessly a formidable force. Sadly, this is obviously not her world.

The good news would be that her eyes shimmer with intelligence and she quickly takes in the sight of the vehicle and the weapons. She clearly has used Dipsnig's comment to piece together that these are the types of weapons being used on this mission. That knowledge does not phase her a bit. Her expression is still confident.

((Thank you so much for the PM with the location of this quote, Morty, I didn't see it at all.))
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's good, keep doing what you're doing now. You may open your eyes, however, to see the effects of you focused will." Amlin says, indeed touching the charcoal rings at one point, "You appear to be shaping them into the circle I made."

8. - Top - End - #1418

At the prompt Freddy opens one eye.

Then the other.

Then grins a very foxy grin as his tails begin swishing about excitedly. "Oh! Ha! HA! I did it! Wow, that was really easy!"

It was!

He got it on the first try even.

"I wonder what else I can make? Hmmm..." he sticks his tongue out a little as he focuses once more. The rings *whuff!* back into Fox-Fire before congealing into a single large whisp and taking on the form of a bucket!

A bucket full of... umm... Fox-Fire?

The bucket up-ends, dumping the Fox-Fire out. Said fire behaves very much like water, though it quite clearly isn't.

"Huh... I tried making a bucket of water," Freddy mutters. "Maybe Huldra can't make water?"

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arkham Street - wandering]

"You seem to consist of fire and wood - it's not unreasonable to assume that water is outside of your abilities." Amlin says, tapping the bucket to see how stable it is.

10. - Top - End - #1420

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "Yes, Dr." Weslanna replies as she hurries along. The first chance she gets Wes takes stock of the visible injuries and starts taking the crash victim's vitals. She is calm, and though she makes a few minor blunders, she is clearly utilizing skills born of experience in this field. A trained eye would promptly guess that Westlanna has done this sort of thing before, but some time ago and in a different setting.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    Dave nods in agreement to her methods.
    But he still has his own methods up his sleeves.
    "I'm going in."
    His fingers are a blur as he begins working on the patient, setting up the anesthesia and the blood, cleaning out the wound, removing the remaining car parts and stitching up the inside wounds.
    Finally, he cleans up his hands.
    "Can you finish stitching him up? I have another patient coming in and he has a dreaded case of spider-butt."
    Where of course, your butt turns into a giant spider during the night.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #1421

[Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

The bucket feels like a bucket. And sounds like a bucket. And would even taste like a bucket if Amlin felt inclined to lick it or something.

"Maybe... I think Huldra have an aversion to water. That might have something to do with it as we-"

WARNING!

Random Encounter™ detected!

WARNING!

Random Encounter™ detected!

The demon-fox nearly leaps out of his skin when that horrible sound splits through the mostly peaceful air. The bucket dissolves back into Fox-Fire with a muffled explosion. *bamph!*

And then out of nowhere about half a dozen blocky rings about ten feet tall burst out of the ground, each filled with a swirling pixelated portal!

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Dave's Free Clinic]

Wes helps as best she can, and is always careful to stay out of Dave's way as he moves so quickly. Her rusty skills are slowly coming back to her.

"Yes, I can close." she replies. She nimbly goes about stitching the wound up, careful to line the sutures up in a manner designed to minimize scarring.

13. - Top - End - #1423

Arkham Street - Random Encounter

Kashi, having fled the sad scene in the Keep over on that cliff back there, is determined to have an adventure. And he'll make lots of friends, and eat all the ice-cream he wants, and...

Hey, what's that down there? Looks pretty shiny... o.o

Dive Kashi, diiiiiiiiive!
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arkham Street - Random Encounter

Also flying over the general area, a feminine demon that's a little upset right now. She sees the black portals form, and sits on a nearby building with a good view. Let's see what's going on here...

15. - Top - End - #1425

[Dave's Free Clinic]

Wes helps as best she can, and is always careful to stay out of Dave's way as he moves so quickly. Her rusty skills are slowly coming back to her.

"Yes, I can close." she replies. She nimbly goes about stitching the wound up, careful to line the sutures up in a manner designed to minimize scarring.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Good..." he said as he watched.
    He really just wanted to see if she could do it.
    "Well, when you're done come join me. This will probably be your first time seeing spider-butt. It's not typically something taught to med students."
    He then walked to the Spider-Butt case's room.
    Busy with Life

16. - Top - End - #1426

[Arkham Street - RANDOM ENCOUNTER DETECTED]

Oh great.

Just when things seemed pleasant and relatively sensible this has to happen. Last time Freddy encountered and Encounter™ he got attacked by some kind of crazy hair monster.

What could possibly be worse than that?

Out of the portal comes a knight helmet. With teeny little feet sticking out of the bottom and teeny little hands sticking out of the side. It carries a teeny little spear with a flag flapping on it!

"This land is calmed in the name of the Rebites!" it declares in an obnoxiously high-pitch, nasally voice. "All who oppose our mighty rule will be destroyed! Charge!"

And with that dozens of little knight-helmet people come pouring out of the portals! Oh noes!

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Good..." he said as he watched.
    He really just wanted to see if she could do it.
    "Well, when you're done come join me. This will probably be your first time seeing spider-butt. It's not typically something taught to med students."
    He then walked to the Spider-Butt case's room.
    Westlanna is clearly a novice at stitching up wounds. Though her fingers are nimble and she clearly knows the theory behind what she is doing, in practice it goes very slowly.

"I'll come as soon as I'm done," she assures Dave. "I've never heard of 'spider-butt' and I have a suspicion that it doesn't even exist where I went to school." She'll have to tell him more about her schooling sometime when there are fewer patients to tend to.

18. - Top - End - #1428

Westlanna is clearly a novice at stitching up wounds. Though her fingers are nimble and she clearly knows the theory behind what she is doing, in practice it goes very slowly.

"I'll come as soon as I'm done," she assures Dave. "I've never heard of 'spider-butt' and I have a suspicion that it doesn't even exist where I went to school." She'll have to tell him more about her schooling sometime when there are fewer patients to tend to.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    By the time she gets in, he'll be fending a giant spider attatched to the butt of a young boy off with a chair.
    "I seem to have mislabeled my serums. The one I gave him made it come out...I need you to grab the one marked 115-M, load it into a syringe, and Axminster it to the spider."
    Busy with Life

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Dave's Free Clinic]

"One-one-five-M," she replies, confirming the number on the vial. She skirts around the fight with the spider, and locates the vials. As long as they're not near the area that the fight is going on!

She is clearly quite distracted by the enormous arachnid as she searches for the correct vial. She first grabs a 511-W and very nearly begins loading the needle before spotting her mistake. "Urg." she mumbles as she grabs for the right one. "Got it! 115-M." This time it should be right.

Now... to get at the spider... she pauses a moment to decide how best to approach the arachnid. She doesn't want a spider bite on her first day on the job.

((deadtime now))

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ogre in the Playground

[Studio]

"Okay, now I want you to lean a little more to your left. Left some more. Now back. Back some more! Perfect! Wider smile! Not that wide! Perfect!"

After the shoot, David Pietà got dressed in his usual clothes, still blinking the studio lights out of his eyes. He loved modeling, but he would never get used to how bright the lights were, and how hot it got under the constant glare of the lamps. Of course, he didn't sweat, which was an advantage. And the light reflected off his marble skin so brilliantly.

[Streets]

David Pietà walks along, dressed casually in a white button-up shirt and jeans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1431

[Dave's Free Clinic]

"One-one-five-M," she replies, confirming the number on the vial. She skirts around the fight with the spider, and locates the vials. As long as they're not near the area that the fight is going on!

She is clearly quite distracted by the enormous arachnid as she searches for the correct vial. She first grabs a 511-W and very nearly begins loading the needle before spotting her mistake. "Urg." she mumbles as she grabs for the right one. "Got it! 115-M." This time it should be right.

Now... to get at the spider... she pauses a moment to decide how best to approach the arachnid. She doesn't want a spider bite on her first day on the job.

((deadtime now))
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "I'll distract it, you stab it!"
    And then Dave breaks the chair against the spider, causing it to reel back in pain.

---

Streets
    David might feel a rush of cold air behind him as Gamma Girl appears.
    "Hello David."
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-12 at 09:45 PM.
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

Being made of stone, one is quite resistant to all but extreme changes in temperature, and so David doesn't notice the cold, meaning Gamma Girl's voice takes him quite by surprise.
    He jumps, and whirls around, stepping back slightly.
    "Um... hello?"

23. - Top - End - #1433

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Streets]

Being made of stone, one is quite resistant to all but extreme changes in temperature, and so David doesn't notice the cold, meaning Gamma Girl's voice takes him quite by surprise.
    He jumps, and whirls around, stepping back slightly.
    "Um... hello?"
    Streets
    Walking a bit forward till she was only a few feet away, Gamma Girl speaks again.
    "What if I were to say that the Nexus was in danger and we needed your strength, your heroicness, you in general to help us save it?"
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

"Um... if you were to say that I think you'd have to introduce yourself first because I have no idea who you are." Says David nervously, his marble features taking on a confused twist.
    "Also I'm not sure 'heroicness' is a word."
    Maybe she means 'heroism'?
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-04-12 at 10:17 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1435

Streets
    "I'm Gamma Girl, David, leader of the Justice Crew. We need you to help us fight the newest villains being made. Alone we lose, together we win."
    She walks up closer to him.
    "So David, do you want to be a hero?"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

David takes another half-step back. Personal space, woman!
    "I'm not sure about being a hero. I just dress up fancy and stop muggers. A 'Justice Crew' sounds like it would be a little bit out of my league."
    Also a little dangerous sounding to him. He can't swim!

27. - Top - End - #1437

[Streets]

David takes another half-step back. Personal space, woman!
    "I'm not sure about being a hero. I just dress up fancy and stop muggers. A 'Justice Crew' sounds like it would be a little bit out of my league."
    Also a little dangerous sounding to him. He can't swim!
    Streets
    "Trust me David, if there was anyone more qualified for this, I wouldn't be standing here right now."
    She removes a piece of paper from her costume, drops it and, because of clever portal use, makes it float down in front of him.
    "I know you can do it, David. And when you do too, go here."
    And then she disappears, the paper slowly falling down in front of him the only thing remaining.
    On it is the address of a warehouse.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-04-12 at 10:48 PM.
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]

David remains still for a moment longer.
    Slowly picks up the piece of paper. Reads the address. Where, now?

29. - Top - End - #1439

[Streets]

David remains still for a moment longer.
    Slowly picks up the piece of paper. Reads the address. Where, now?
    Streets
    Apparently 22 Warehouse Lane.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #1440

Mom and Pop's Grocery

Typical of every city is the good ol' grocery store. A place where the cashiers learn their customer's name, nobody is in a real rush and the folks are just as much here to socialize as they are to get their groceries. Mothers push carts as their children fuss about who gets to sit in the basket, old ladies are gossiping with one another, a young man is debating which baked goods to spend the meagar remains of his latest paycheck on. This place is in a perfect state of peace. So they could be forgiven for not processing it well when someone pulls a gun in the middle of frozen goods.

"Everybody down NOW!" The ski masked crook waves his gun in the air, but is met with silence and stares. "I said DOWN!" He fires a shot into the ceiling. Everybody screams and hits the floor. Another two masked crooks appear, one with a gun and one with the bag, and push to the registers.

"Open the registers and be ready!" the gunman of the pair yells.
    As they approach the register, the gunman is struck with shock as a paper bag is pulled over his head. The boy from the baked goods section is silently floating few feet in the air, hand yanking down on the brown bag covering the crooks head. He has donned a blue domino mask that matches well with his blue and red hoodie. To keep the gun from hurting any body, with inhuman strength he grabs the man by the wrist and forces his hand upward. The gunman struggles with his gun hand as the other works to remove the bag. As he does the boy's fist slams into the man's face leaving him sprawled on a grocery conveyor belt.

The sack man, who had dropped his sack and was now fumbling for his own piece, was short work.

Floating to the other side he shuts the till of the register. This register is closed. That would have been a good one. He floats low to the ground as he searches for the last gunman. He knows that shot didn't come to the register.

As he turns a corner into the alcohol section, he comes mask to mask with the last gunman, who's using a woman as a shield.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters