New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Young Justice (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Hands_Of_Blue View Post
    The bridal shower scene seemed completely pointless.
    Oh there was plenty of reason enough for that!
    Just having Captain Cold on the roof above them preparing his scheme with no idea of whose downstairs and then the payoff when they show his reaction to the realisation whose bash he had inadvertedly "spoiled"!

I also liked Lex's reference to the Gargoyles cartoon.
    Maybe he's a fan of Jonathon Frakes?

2. - Top - End - #842
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not my favourite episode. I liked many of both Roy's interactions, but as others have said, the ending felt off. Not killing Luthor in exchange for an arm just felt off. We haven't had any examples of cyborgs yet on the show, but surely there are others who could provide the same service to Arsenal. I wish we had an idea of what exactly the Light's plan with Arsenal was, considering that hasn't been touched on, yet, though I bet there is something suspicious in the arm. Have to say, I love the show's interpretation of Luthor. He works really well as a corrupt businessmen. Best scene though had to be Green Arrow's scene in the church. I like it when we get to see the League for a bit, and it really shows how much the Arrow Family has gone through. That sort of the stuff is why I was always disappointed that Season 1 never used the mentors enough.

The subplots were a bit all over the place. I felt like the Superboy birthday part was a bit forced to show the tension between the two characters. Considering everything we know about their relationship already, I wish they just focused on Artemis, since I don't think anything of consequence was lost. It was nice to catch up with Rocket, though Captain Cold's cameo was pointless. The stuff with Impulse and Blue Beetle was good, though, and I'm very intrigued by Sportsmaster's response. Interested to see how that manifests himself, and I good piece of characterisation that shows just how bad of a person he is. The other stuff was merely average. Nightwing and Kid Flash's reactions were routine, for example

Quote Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
    Well there goes the last of my interest in this show. You only get one time skip and seeing how badly the 1st one turned out I have no interest in a 2nd one.
    In all likelihood, the next time skip is unlikely to be as large as this one, as we have been hold that the sic leads are going to be the six leads throughout the entire show, so they have to be very careful of the age's of all the characters, especially the mentors like Batman.

Also, you really think it turned out that badly? To me, it seems like the big issue most people have is that they want all the mysteries solved now. In fact, I've found that, after Depths, most people no longer have a problem as all the important mysteries were resolved. Maybe the only criticism is that some of the characters haven't had enough focus yet, but I know they are coming. And we do have to remember that the new characters, while still members of the Team, aren't the main characters

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Kassander - Blackguard//Evolutionist. Thanks to Strawberries for the image
    Kyus/Elle - Summoner. Thanks to kpenguin for the image
    Tactics - Warforged Warlord. Thanks to Cieka for the image

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

Planetar

The timeskip was horrible. You spend all that time establishing a cool set up and then toss the whole thing out the window. There's not even a coherent narrative reason for it. It feels like we're watching Young Justice Season 5, and we just skipped Seasons 2-4. And I still don't understand why the Justice League did absolutely nothing about the Light for like five years. Mind controlling the entire JL should make you priority number one.

I don't even know what this show is about anymore, and what emotional attachment I had was to characters who are barely on it anymore, or have so radically changed as to be unrecognizable.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HamHam View Post
    The timeskip was horrible. You spend all that time establishing a cool set up and then toss the whole thing out the window. There's not even a coherent narrative reason for it. It feels like we're watching Young Justice Season 5, and we just skipped Seasons 2-4. And I still don't understand why the Justice League did absolutely nothing about the Light for like five years. Mind controlling the entire JL should make you priority number one.

I don't even know what this show is about anymore, and what emotional attachment I had was to characters who are barely on it anymore, or have so radically changed as to be unrecognizable.
    QFT
    Also you do a time skip to skip boring times where almost nothing interesting happens not to build mysteries/add tons of new characters. whenever I watch a season 2 episode I feel like I have missed something. There is nothing they are doing that could not have been done without a time skip of 5 years one year would be more than enough. The show can hardily be called Young Justice as it is. It really just makes me sad because I really liked season one alot but season 2 sucks.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

We've been through this before, but:

This is not "season 2 of Young Justice".

This is "season 1 of Young Justice: Invasion".

The timeskip was necessary. Or would you rather have had (a) no timeskip and a rushed resolution of the Big Plot, or (b) three seasons of ho-hum followed by the show being cancelled before getting to the Big Plot?

Because those are the alternatives.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #846
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

The timeskip was necessary. Or would you rather have had (a) no timeskip and a rushed resolution of the Big Plot, or (b) three seasons of ho-hum followed by the show being cancelled before getting to the Big Plot?

(A) sounds good to me. Look i loved season 1 and hate season 2 clearly they failed to keep me invested. The idea that they "needed" to go forward 5 years to resolve the light plot means that the light plot failed. If you need to do a dumb base breaking thing to keep your show interesting it means you have failed as a writer. And rebranding changes nothing this is season 2 of Young Justice not some whole new show.
    Last edited by Jamin; 2012-09-30 at 06:01 PM.
    Actors we are people pretending to be people

Thanks to Kwarkpudding for the amazing Aran Avatar

7. - Top - End - #847
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I dunno. There was a significant, if unspecified, timeskip between Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, for instance.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

C) Go quickly through those 5 years, showing the major character events we're currently only told about, as well as some arcs that don't NEED the time skip (Impulse, for example) but otherwise go very quickly

I used to agree until I thought about it, man. Heck, when you think about it, what has happened over those five years that wouldn't have made a good episode? I mean, Tula's death ALONE...
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #849
    Titan in the Playground

C) Go quickly through those 5 years, showing the major character events we're currently only told about, as well as some arcs that don't NEED the time skip (Impulse, for example) but otherwise go very quickly

D) Introduce new villains to tide us over until the Light plot is resolved. That's what Justice league liked to do

I used to agree until I thought about it, man. Heck, when you think about it, what has happened over those five years that wouldn't have made a good episode? I mean, Tula's death ALONE...

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #850
    Titan in the Playground

Saw new episode, finally.

A good one. (As usual.) As someone whose familiarity with Roy Harper comes only from Linkara's reviews on Atop the Forth Wall, I know enough to recognise some of the plot points, but splitting them between both Roys was quite clever.

Also, First-Roy is definately the same person and Later-Roy; both hot-headed and a little bit bonkers...

(Was it wrong at the end there, when First-Roy said he was going to be Arsenal, my first thought was "emphasis on 'arse'...?")

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Oh there was plenty of reason enough for that!
    Just having Captain Cold on the roof above them preparing his scheme with no idea of whose downstairs and then the payoff when they show his reaction to the realisation whose bash he had inadvertedly "spoiled"!
    That was hilarious. It was totally worth the set-up, because you could see where it was going, and it still managed to be priceless. The look on his face was just brilliant.

I, after the season has reached this point, have decided I rather like the time-skip. Not only because it allowed us to jump in media res, and spread out all the character introductions, but because it gives the continuity more "space", more room for off-screen backstory (fan-works especially, as well as other media tie-in (comics etc) have got somewhere to "go" in the grand scheme of things, and I rather like that.) And it allows a departure from standard story telling that, to me, is in that area where it's different without being to "arty."
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-01 at 06:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not killing Luthor in exchange for an arm just felt off
    Spoiler
    Show
    A new arm AND his life.
    (Don' t foget the crapload of soldiers who would shoot him dead and full of bullets and the fact that mercy may have another cannon in her second arm for all he knew.)
    He had lost at that point, he jsut took the best option out. Getting of this alive and getting another chance at revenge later without dying in the process was the motivation, the arm was just icing on the cake.

The thing with captain cold was amusing but not that great.
    Nice to see Jaimes opening a bit though (even if Impulse freindship is likely not entirely innocent, IMO)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-10-02 at 12:53 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    A new arm AND his life.
    (Don' t foget the crapload of soldiers who would shoot him dead and full of bullets and the fact that mercy may have another cannon in her second arm for all he knew.)
    He had lost at that point, he jsut took the best option out. Getting of this alive and getting another chance at revenge later without dying in the process was the motivation, the arm was just icing on the cake.
    Spoiler
    Show
    True, but the ending sequence with him talking to Green and Red Arrow seemed to emphasize his desire for the arm far more than anything else. And honestly, given how desperate he was for his revenge, I'd be surprised if his threat to kill Luthor even at the cost of his own life was a bluff.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

13. - Top - End - #853
    Orc in the Playground

Just saw Darkest

Spoiler
    Show
    The episode is more action orientated, and the important thing about this is the plot changes. Enjoyed Wally and Nightwing's scene at the end, but there were few 'fantastic' sequences because the priority was moving the plot.

However, I'm really interested in seeing what will happen with the new status quo, especially as it seems like next week they will finally reveal the Partner (we all know who the partner is, but it will be interesting to see how the Team reacts). Next episode will have everyone saved, likely, and probably introduce characters like Static that have been rumoured, so it is going to be a big episode. Looking forward to it

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Just saw Darkest

Spoiler
    Show
    The episode is more action orientated, and the important thing about this is the plot changes. Enjoyed Wally and Nightwing's scene at the end, but there were few 'fantastic' sequences because the priority was moving the plot.

However, I'm really interested in seeing what will happen with the new status quo, especially as it seems like next week they will finally reveal the Partner (we all know who the partner is, but it will be interesting to see how the Team reacts). Next episode will have everyone saved, likely, and probably introduce characters like Static that have been rumoured, so it is going to be a big episode. Looking forward to it
    Spoiler
    Show
    I havent actually seen episode, thanks for the vague hints. My spoiler tag insticts do not exist.

SUPER HERO STATIC SHOCK (woop woop). I've been hoping for him to be in Young Justice since I realized it wasn't Teen Titans.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hall Jordan is a complete and utter *******. He just got another sentient computer program murdered and dissected... because he found him annoying

Ok I know it doesn't belong here but Maan I hated this episode and couldn't find the green lantern page.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SecondRevan View Post
    Just saw Darkest

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Me too =3

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    True, but the ending sequence with him talking to Green and Red Arrow seemed to emphasize his desire for the arm far more than anything else. And honestly, given how desperate he was for his revenge, I'd be surprised if his threat to kill Luthor even at the cost of his own life was a bluff.

Zevox
    Satisfaction
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why would he bluff at that point? He evidently didn't know about the arm ahead of time, as far as he knew Luthor was going to fill him with holes if he thought he couldn't be persuaded. Heck, might've done it even if he could.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

Just saw darkest, can someone who has seen it explain something to me?

Spoiler
    Show
    Why would Darkseid have an interest in blue beetle? Is it the alien tech, or something the uninitiated like myself wouldn't get.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well I totally missed something. When did Wally find out that Nightwing was Greyson?
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackspeeker View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Why would Darkseid have an interest in blue beetle? Is it the alien tech, or something the uninitiated like myself wouldn't get.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darkseid's goal is to discover the antilife equation - nothing he's doing here makes any sense towards that goal.

Blue Beetle's AI tech and power, probably. The Beetle might even be a creation of Apokolypse in this universe. Might even see the original blue guy that was supposed to be Blue's mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well I totally missed something. When did Wally find out that Nightwing was Greyson?
    A) That might require spoiler tags - it's not a big deal itself but it IS based on info in the new episode.

B) Probably in the five year time skip like all the rest of the interesting stuff we don't get to see.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #860

...Wally has always known that Robin was Dick. Since before season one, even.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-10-07 at 09:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    ...Wally has always known that Robin was Dick. Since before season one, even.
    I thought Robin wasn't allowed to tell anyone in the cave his secret identity.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #862

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I thought Robin wasn't allowed to tell anyone in the cave his secret identity.
    Wally knew Dick's identity prior to there being a Team. He also knew Batman = Bruce, because it's not much of a hop skip and jump from **** Grayson = Robin to that.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2012-10-07 at 10:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Light's new partner isn't Darkseid. The big man wouldn't be taking the subtle approach. He's more of the burn-civilization-to-the ground-kinda guy.

Three things point to a very different group. The partners have insect like silhouettes, the fact that they're using Jaime Reyes is in the show, and they've already shown another scarab-host in the show all point to The Reach, the guys who made the Scarab.

They probably want the Scarab because it's not doing what they programmed it to do, which is to ensure that whatever planet it's on is ripe for conquest when the Reach show up.

"How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

And in addition, the precise "partner" who we saw with Sportsmaster in "Salvage" is probably

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-10-07 at 10:59 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #865
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not Darkseid. Darkseid will eventually have something to do with the plot (though not necessarily in Invasion), as he has been a recurring subplot since season 1. But, from trailers and Ask Greg, the Partner has been all but confirmed to be

Spoiler
    Show
    the Reach, an alien species who created Blue Beetle's armour. I'm not sure how closely they will match it up tot he original Blue Beetle series, as there is no evidence that the first Blue Beetle existed (Dan Garrett, not to be confused with Ted Kord who we know exists), and he plays an important role in the scarab's story.

However, in the original comics, the scarab is a defective infiltrator the Reach use to infiltrate planets for invasion. THe Reach are probably going to be different in Invasion, though, as sadly we have seen no sign of the Negotiator, and it seems like Black Beetle will be leading the Reach, and that the Reach's plot is very different to their plot in the original comics.
    Last edited by SecondRevan; 2012-10-07 at 11:17 PM.

Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #866
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rake21 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Light's new partner isn't Darkseid. The big man wouldn't be taking the subtle approach. He's more of the burn-civilization-to-the ground-kinda guy.

Three things point to a very different group. The partners have insect like silhouettes, the fact that they're using Jaime Reyes is in the show, and they've already shown another scarab-host in the show all point to The Reach, the guys who made the Scarab.

They probably want the Scarab because it's not doing what they programmed it to do, which is to ensure that whatever planet it's on is ripe for conquest when the Reach show up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey it wasn't my idea, I wanted to believe it was Brainiac, but a few months ago months ago people on the forum made convincing arguments for Darkseid with the appearance of Desaad and Godfrey earlier in the series. Other things were brought up, I don't remember them though.

Now to learn about Reach.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Just saw the new episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was big. Probably the best episode of the new season so far, and definitely the one that did the most for the plot. I'm eager to see more, now.

Also can't help but think that it validates what I was saying back before the hiatus about this being more interesting knowing that Aqualad is a double agent rather than sincere. Seeing how far he has to go while knowing what it must be doing to him makes scenes like those much more powerful than when they wanted us to think that he went bad off-screen during the damn time skip. Though that last scene with Wally and Nightwing had better not be any more than teasing the viewers to try and keep us guessing - they only just redeemed themselves with the double-agent card two episodes ago, for pete's sake.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

28. - Top - End - #868
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey it wasn't my idea, I wanted to believe it was Brainiac, but a few months ago months ago people on the forum made convincing arguments for Darkseid with the appearance of Desaad and Godfrey earlier in the series. Other things were brought up, I don't remember them though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, don't get me wrong. Darkseid has been a presence since they found the sphere, and i'm looking forward to him popping up eventually. I particularly love the fact that they got Tim Curry for Godfrey. I could be completely off base, but it just seems like everything about this season points to the Reach and that's what my money's on.

Who knows, though? We might be hearing a speech that ends with "Darkseid IS," before the season finale.
    "How're we doing?"
    "The dwarf's on fire."
    "So as bad as usual, huh?"

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Darksied WAS the light's partner back in season 1. However as of season two it was mentioned that they had NEW partner (i bleieve it was in the episode where they blew up the kroloteans). Its unknown whether or not they are still working with darksied, or if there has been a falling out between them since then (like how we say the sportsmaster and the light's new partner take out those intergang members who were said to have left the group... intergang of which is a common ally of darkseid)
    Last edited by slayerx; 2012-10-08 at 01:55 AM.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Colossus in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't Darkseid some sort of god? I don't think he'd take too kindly to people straight up ditching him to work with someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting