New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1454
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Wait, you want me to write those two pairings? I meant the which of the ones that I rolled should I write.

But if you really want me to, I won't decline a challenge. You want cutesy, stupidly funny, or what?
    The Redcloak + Miko was one of Zanaril's rolls. O-Chul + The IFCC was mizzim's. Those rolls (at least Zanaril's) were made with http://sgeo.diagonalfish.net/crack_pairings.htm
    Use Twitter? Subscribe to @oots_update to always be informed of the latest OotS.

Use Facebook? Like Order of the Stick Automatic to always be informed of the latest OotS.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeo View Post
    The Redcloak + Miko was one of Zanaril's rolls. O-Chul + The IFCC was mizzim's. Those rolls (at least Zanaril's) were made with http://sgeo.diagonalfish.net/crack_pairings.htm
    Mine was also made there.
    Politics is the most accurate word in the English language. "Poli" in Latin meaning "Many" and
    "tics" meaning "little insects"

3. - Top - End - #1383

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Goose View Post
    another banner, inspired by that recent strip.

Enjoy
    I lol'd.

Random crack pairings roller: http://sgeo.diagonalfish.net/crack_pairings.htm.

I'll remove the parentheses if several people ask.

Enjoy!
    This is so going in the OP.

Also, it seems the general consensus is to keep the thread in the OotS. Since that is the case, we need titles!

Edit: Julia x Roy's Sword. This so needs to be made into a banner. I would proudly display it in my sig for the rest of forever.
    Last edited by The Dark Fiddler; 2009-09-13 at 06:40 PM.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #1384

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    I lol'd.

This is so going in the OP.

Also, it seems the general consensus is to keep the thread in the OotS. Since that is the case, we need titles!

Edit: Julia x Roy's Sword. This so needs to be made into a banner. I would proudly display it in my sig for the rest of forever.
    Thank you! Shouldn't there be a link in the OP, though?
    Use Twitter? Subscribe to @oots_update to always be informed of the latest OotS.

Use Facebook? Like Order of the Stick Automatic to always be informed of the latest OotS.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ah, thank you for clearing that up, Introbulus.

So lets see... That's requests for me to write the Eye of Fear and Flame x Haley (with a French maid costume in there, somewhere...) and the Kazumi x Therkla pairings... Where the two Mizzim mentioned challenges for me as well, or did he just feel like pointing those out?

I'll get to work on these later on. I've got to read King Oedipus for class tommorrow, first... And lemme tell you, that story puts a lot of these stories to shame.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #1386

Thank you! Shouldn't there be a link in the OP, though?

What do you mean? There's a link there, and there's never not been a link there.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

7. - Top - End - #1387

RedWizardGuy

Bozzok + (The Snarl + ((Kazumi + ((The oracle + Lord Kubota) + Belkar)) + (The oracle + Crystal)))

Anyone want to try that one?

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bozzok + (The Snarl + ((Kazumi + ((The oracle + Lord Kubota) + Belkar)) + (The oracle + Crystal)))

Anyone want to try that one?
    No.

Btw, I know I'm kinda late for it, but I vote to keep the Crack Pairing Thread here in the OotS sub-forum. It makes more sense to keep it here, and it'll get a lot more notice from random OotS readers who decide to check the forum and see if anything important is being discussed...

9. - Top - End - #1389

No.

Btw, I know I'm kinda late for it, but I vote to keep the Crack Pairing Thread here in the OotS sub-forum. It makes more sense to keep it here, and it'll get a lot more notice from random OotS readers who decide to check the forum and see if anything important is being discussed...
    Why are you -ing?

This is VERY important!

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmmmmm...

Spoiler
    Show
    The night desert air stung Elan's eyes as he stood guard over the small encampment. It had been a few days since they arrived at the Western Continent and already the pale boy was getting sunburned. He looked over a few meters away and saw their leader, Roy Greenhilt, standing strong and proud in another direction. He had taken his armor off so he stood there in his blue pants. Elan watched the sand brush against the sculpted brown chest and muscles. It was hard to believe that just 36 hours ago, Roy was nothing more than a skeleton.

"Elan! I thought I told you to watch the south end of the camp." Roy said with his usually harsh tone as the boy drew nearer.

"Roy. Have I ever told you about Therkla?" Elan asked.

"No." Roy took a swig of his canteen. "I don't really care to hear."

"Well," Elan ignored him. "I tried everything I could to save her, but I...I didn't."

Roy snorted. It was so typical of Elan to prove how worthless he was in situations. His mind drew back to that event in the hotel where it was ROY who had to change into a woman to get them both away from assassins who thought he was the king.

"Because I wasn't you."

Roy turned to him, very confused.

"I wasn't as strong as you are, Roy. I mean, you're like what, a few levels higher than I am? A trained swordsman? While me," Elan chuckled. "Just a year ago I was a bard singing to you in a doungen. I-I look up to you. You're my idol, my hero. You're the best buddy I could ever have."

Roy wasn't sure if it was the desert heat that was affecting him or Elan's moving speech, but all he knew was that Elan was now stroking his arms with his long, thin fingers.

"But most of all..." Elan said. "I...I love you."

Suddenly, Elan kissed Roy on the lips. Roy was too shocked to do anything but pass out right then and there.

TO BE CONTINUED!!
    Last edited by Belkster11; 2009-09-13 at 08:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belkster11 View Post
    Hmmmmm...

Spoiler
    Show
    The night desert air stung Elan's eyes as he stood guard over the small encampment. It had been a few days since they arrived at the Western Continent and already the pale boy was getting sunburned. He looked over a few meters away and saw their leader, Roy Greenhilt, standing strong and proud in another direction. He had taken his armor off so he stood there in his blue pants. Elan watched the sand brush against the sculpted brown chest and muscles. It was hard to believe that just 36 hours ago, Roy was nothing more than a skeleton.

"Elan! I thought I told you to watch the south end of the camp." Roy said with his usually harsh tone as the boy drew nearer.

"Roy. Have I ever told you about Therkla?" Elan asked.

"No." Roy took a swig of his canteen. "I don't really care to hear."

"Well," Elan ignored him. "I tried everything I could to save her, but I...I didn't."

Roy snorted. It was so typical of Elan to prove how worthless he was in situations. His mind drew back to that event in the hotel where it was ROY who had to change into a woman to get them both away from assassins who thought he was the king.

"Because I wasn't you."

Roy turned to him, very confused.

"I wasn't as strong as you are, Roy. I mean, you're like what, a few levels higher than I am? A trained swordsman? While me," Elan chuckled. "Just a year ago I was a bard singing to you in a doungen. I-I look up to you. You're my idol, my hero. You're the best buddy I could ever have."

Roy wasn't sure if it was the desert heat that was affecting him or Elan's moving speech, but all he knew was that Elan was now stroking his arms with his long, thin fingers.

"But most of all..." Elan said. "I...I love you."

Suddenly, Elan kissed Roy on the lips. Roy was too shocked to do anything but pass out right then and there.

TO BE CONTINUED!!
    Huh...Roy comes off as a bit of a jerk at first in this story...though I guess he never really did see Elan as "useful".

But....is it wrong that I actually find this really endearing?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Edit: Indeed, Roy did seem kinda like a jerk. But I felt that Elan was portrayed very well... Good job on that one!)

Aw, crap...

I just realized that I had two characters confused. I had Tsukiko and Kazumi mixed up, so the idea I was working on was really "Tsukiko x Therkla" instead of Kazumi x Therkla. Crap. Oh well... I can make KxT work, only it'll be a little more difficult...

But, so that this post isn't a total waste of valuable thread space, here's a delicious slice of crack cake, free of charge.

Yor x Belkar (Aliens made them do it)
    Spoiler
    Show

There was a bright flash of light, and Belkar suddenly found himself standing in a large circular room. There was a large balcony of some sort that ran along the wall, and there were... little green men staring down at him. Belkar arched an eyebrow, and asked: "Um... what's going on here?"

"You're being abducted..." one of the bug-eyed freaks responded in a low, nasaly tone.

"For naughty reasons..." another of the aliens added with a rather creepy giggle.

"Naughty... purposes?" Belkars eyebrow rose even higher. "Naughty as in, I get to kill things?"

"No..." one of the little green men shook his head. "Naughty as in we're going to derive carnal pleasure from watching your partake in sexual activities."

"So... you're going to watch me have get freaky with somebody?" Belkar's eyebrow couldn't have risen any higher. "For your own enjoyment?"

"Essentially, yes..." several of the aliens nodded and/or shrugged.

"Works for me!" Belkar grinned. "I'm not usually one to please a crowd, but if the chick's hot enough, you'll get no complaints from me. So... where is she?"

"He should be arriving any second now..." one of the aliens replied cheerfully.

"Wait..." Belkar's grin eroded into a confused look of horror. "He?"

There was a flash of light, and a loud zapping noise. A pair of strong hands suddenly gripped Belkar's shoulders, and the words that followed assured him that all of his worst nightmares were about to become true...

"POWER ATTACK!!"

: ...
    Me: I'm just going to walk away now.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2009-09-13 at 11:58 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

The new die roller is win. On the first try, I got Inkyrius + Inkyrius with Aliens Made Them Do It and broke down laughing.

And Zz'dtri + (Hilgya + (Genderswitched Snarl))

Last edited by Kaytara; 2009-09-14 at 01:20 AM.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Thumbs up Re: Crack Pairings Matchup Table

Oh dear:

(Gender-switched The Hydra) + (Gender-switched Xykon) - Love/hate relationship

Soon Kim (incorporeal) + Lord Kubota - Unrequited love
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Kazumi + Haley - Kidnapped (By somebody inside or outside of the pairing)
    Sounds...plausible.

Durkon while under the effects of Thor's might + Mr Scruffy - Stuck on a desert island
    Um...OUCH?

Haley's Dad + Hilgya - Everyone is a furry version of themselves
    *reaches for the brain bleach*

(Teevo + Roy's sword) + The Cliffport chief of police - Snowed in
    *repeats*

The chimera + Thanh - Stuck on a desert island
    Bo-ring.

Elan + Inkyrius - Pink frills and white lace
    Plausible

Teevo + Therkla - In the afterlife
    Plausible

The Eye of Fear and Flame + Zz'Dtri - American high school setting
    OOOOH YES!

And just for fun, another time:
    Therkla + (Vaarsuvius + Vaarsuvius) - American high school setting
    I want to see this written. V's self-love is evident, but where does Threkla come in?

*tries some more, each crackier than the other*

And then there's this one:
    Vaarsuvius + All of the Demon Roaches at once - In the afterlife
    Is this a plot predictor?
    Last edited by Dra-Goon; 2009-09-14 at 01:40 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

I think there's still some problems with the code. I keep mostly getting five of the nearly 20 situations, and I just got this:

(Gender-switched (Gender-switched Lien)) + Julio Scoundrel

Everyone is a furry version of themselves

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

I... don't understand what the brackets mean.

Funny stories, Belkster11 and Lycan 01!
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

is Roy/Haley a viable matchup for this thread?

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    So, this could give us...

VxZz'dtri
    VxAarindarius
    VxPompey
    VxJulia
    VxEugene
    VxDurokan(sp?)
    VxDrunkAzuriteWizard

I'm sure there's more. Who am I missing?
    VxSangwaan
    VxChuck (the Arcane Trickster from the Thieves Guild)
    VxWarthog (The Headmaster of Julia and Pompey's school)
    VxGaldoof (or whatever the Fellowship of the Ming's Gandlaf is called)
    VxTurban Guy (Foe-Yay!)
    VxEve and/or Larry (The Potion Makers Who Don't Know Economics)
    VxThose Azurite Wizards Who Insisted A Ninth Level Spell Must Take Up Nine Pages.
    VxOne Of Julia's Friends...kind of creepy...I imagine V just hanging outside of a school full of teenage girls, admiring them all as they passed by.

VxDrunkAzuriteWizard works best, since he mentions he's a baker...just enough to remind him of Kyrie.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi View Post
    is Roy/Haley a viable matchup for this thread?
    I don't know, but what I know is that it happened in the House of Fanservice.

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've always found that Roy was a jerk whenever he talked to Elan. I mean, he once even made it clear when Elan was kidnapped that he couldn't have cared less.

Oh, and further adventures of ElanxRoy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Elan woke up in his tent the next morning to a familiar and heart-warming sight: Haley in her gown snuggled up under his arm, using his chest as a pillow.

Normally, he'd be elated, but something was bothering him. Something about what he did last night.

"Why did I kiss Roy?" he thought. "I know he and I are best buddies and I admire him but..." he looked back at Haley. For a split instance, he realized with horror that if she found out he had kissesd the party leader, she would leave him.

"Maybe I should talk to V. He'd know about this." Elan concluded. He gently, oh so gently, pushed Haley off of him, tucked her into the blankets, got dressed, then walked out.

V was near the campfire floating. This was the first time he's seen her trancing in months. He hesitated to interrupt her.

"Uh...Vaarsuvius?" Elan said meekly. "Can I talk to you?"

No response.

"It's about Roy."

V's head tilted a bit, showing that she heard him.

"What did you and Roy do that merits interrupting the first trance I've had in months?" V growled. Elan's heart lurched. He had made a terrible mistake by interrupting her. The wizard elf spun around sharply, her peircing eyes bore into his soul.

"Well?" she asked.

"Last night, I was doing guard duty along with Roy." Elan said slowly. "But then I...I..."

"Out with it." V said.

"I saw something in Roy that I've never seen before. It was...some admiration and..well...it was just unusual. Was it like that when Belkar-"

"When the halfling did...the 'event' on New Years back in Azure City," V explained cautiously, keeping a wary eye on Belkar. "His already befuddled brains had been...befuddled even more. Perhaps you had too much to drink?"

"No," Elan scratched his head. "I was drinking water, not beer. Maybe Belkar used a scroll?"

"Belkar has the mentil acuity of a lettuce!" V snapped. "He would need a high Wisdom score to even contemplate casting it."

V calmed down.

"Perhaps your feelings for Sir Greenhilt has grown for the past few months you were parted?" V suggested. "He is truely admirable."

"Yeah, but I..." Elan struggled to say the damning words. "I..."

"You what? Out with it, Elan!" V waved her hands impatiently.

"IKISSEDROYANDSAIDILOVEDHIM!!" Elan said very fast.

V was stunned, trying to process what Elan just told him. He did what? All V heard was a gibberish: "I killed Roy and said I rolled him." It didn't take her long to subsitute the correct words. She put her hands on her head as she was hit by a wave of stupidity.

"Oh, for the love of the ancient Elven gods!" she muttered. "You kissed him? What malady are you sufferng from to cause you to do this?"

Elan shook his head.

"Don't try to explain it." V sighed.

"But what if it's possible?" Elan said. "I mean, you and your mate are-"

"MY MATE AND I ARE NOT SPEAKING TO EACH OTHER!" V suddenly screamed at the boy's face with a seething anger the boy had never seen before. His lower lip quivered a bit.

"My apologies, Elan." V pounded her head in frustration. "It is not you I'm angry with. But I would recommend talking this out with Sir Greenhilt. I've got too many problems of my own to deal with. Go now."

V then turned around and began to rise again, getting back into her trance. Elan knew she was right. He had to go talk to Roy.
    Last edited by Belkster11; 2009-09-14 at 06:26 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, sweet, stupid Elan. You don't know it yet, but Haley wouldn't mind sharing you with Roy.

Is it wrong I feel more sorry for V than for Elan?

(And you forgot the 'i' in suffering.)

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    Oh, sweet, stupid Elan. You don't know it yet, but Haley wouldn't mind sharing you with Roy.

Is it wrong I feel more sorry for V than for Elan?

(And you forgot the 'i' in suffering.)
    Well, we know what V's been through. :3

Um...on second thought, I should've used Durkon for that. XD Yeah.

EDIT: How long should I make it, do you think?
    Last edited by Belkster11; 2009-09-14 at 07:05 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1403

RedWizardGuy

I... don't understand what the brackets mean.

Funny stories, Belkster11 and Lycan 01!
    You mean the parentheses ()? They indicate when, say, a table results in "Roll twice" or the like. I'm considering making a checkbox that can make the parentheses disappear. Also considering checkboxes for the tables, so you can exclude, say table 4 if you want.

24. - Top - End - #1404

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dra-Goon View Post
    I think there's still some problems with the code. I keep mostly getting five of the nearly 20 situations, and I just got this:

Yes, that result is possible when rolling on the tables for real, although perhaps I should have my code detect when it tries to gender-switch something an even number of times. Would be difficult with the (rather idiotic) way it's set up now, though. Not sure what you mean by "I keep mostly getting five of the nearly 20 situations"

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean the parentheses ()? They indicate when, say, a table results in "Roll twice" or the like. I'm considering making a checkbox that can make the parentheses disappear. Also considering checkboxes for the tables, so you can exclude, say table 4 if you want.
    I didn't exactly understand but I'll chalk it up to my low intelligence.

Anyway, I got Jephton/Haerta/Ganneron + The IFCC (Pregnancy). Poor Haerta...

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Look, I got out my crayons for you.

=== Vaarsuvius' Diary (SECRET!! DO NOT READ!) ===
    14 September 1409 -- Monday -- Partially Cloudy

Aarindarius and Vaarsuvius were walking together in the park. They sat down for a rest and Aarindarius saw some butterflies flying by. They were very pretty butterflies, and one was purple and one was lilac and they were spiralling around each other.

"Aren't those butterflies beautiful?" asked Aarindarius. "They are just like you and me."

Vaarsuvius was head over heels with joy. "I love you, Aarindarius!" she exclaimed. "I love you too, Vaarsuvius!" Aarindarius responded happily. Then they got married and became famous magic teachers and lived happily ever after.

The end.

===

Heh heh. Also, I'm not sure if anyone saw the edit in my post on the previous page, but would anyone mind making an avatar/banner for the Aandy/Kyrie/V thing I posted a couple of pages earlier?
    Last edited by Saeyan; 2009-09-14 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Argh! I broke the forums. Sorry.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, young and romantic Vaarsuvius is so cute!

You mean this picture?

Can't you just resize it to fit the banner limitations here? Or do you mean something more elaborate?

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dra-Goon View Post
    The Eye of Fear and Flame + Zz'Dtri - American high school setting
    OOOOH YES!
    For some reason, I see The Eye of Fear and Flame being a Principal-figure in the American High School setting, and Zz'Dtri being the "bad student". ...D: Someone help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Belkster11 View Post
    I've always found that Roy was a jerk whenever he talked to Elan. I mean, he once even made it clear when Elan was kidnapped that he couldn't have cared less.
    I dunno about that...I mean that was a one-time thing, and he even admitted it was wrong that very night. Sure, I think he could be a little nicer to Elan, but...well, that is a good point actually...it is sadly in-character for Roy to be a jerk when someone isn't "Useful" to him.

I just realized that I had two characters confused. I had Tsukiko and Kazumi mixed up, so the idea I was working on was really "Tsukiko x Therkla" instead of Kazumi x Therkla.
    :3 Wriiiiite iiiit!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh, young and romantic Vaarsuvius is so cute!
    I know. I love V to bits.

Can't you just resize it to fit the banner limitations here? Or do you mean something more elaborate?
    Well...I was sort of hoping for something like those vector banners in the OP/people's sigs. I could try, but I'm not that great with Illustrator, so...
    Also, there are banner limitations? What size is that?

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

The banner limitations are 468x120 pixels.

I wish I could help, but I'm only proficient with making OotS style stick figures following Trazoi's tutorial...