New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1486
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings II - Brain Bleach not Supplied

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Yeah, but they're not hate fics. You can't feel the loathing and the venom from them.

This is going to be really disturbing, really entertaining, or both.

Ah well, if I end up traumatized...Focus on the kittens!
    Or the... PUPPIES!
    crowd: Hooray!

...And that is how I met your father.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

This is going to be really disturbing, really entertaining, or both.
    Ahh, the suspense...

*twiddles thumbs*
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #1383

Having successfully:

A) Updated my Let's Play
    B) Defeated Bald Bull (and Super Macho Man, and Mr. Sandman)

I decided to read Cracklord's newest, and it was pretty good.

Now to practice my violin, then finish my homework!
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Elves don't get invented dreams, I think. I think everything in the first chunk was part of V's trance - up to the point when he wakes up screaming - and the italized and non-italized differences were just to make it clear where one memory ends and another begins, while still keeping it flowing and part of a whole, as an elf's continuious trance would be...
    Ah, yes, now I understand. I must have been quite tired to forget elves didn't get invented dreams. Thanks.

From what I've gathered, in Greek mythology Morpheus was the god of dreams, Phobetor was his brother, the god of nightmares (along with Phantasos, god of fantasies... you plan on using that somewhere, Water-Smurf? :D). Hence, "In the Arms of (the god of) Dreams" and "Curse of (the god of) Nightmares".

Ikelus is Phobetor's "true" name, how he was known to other gods.

"In Vino Veritas" - In wine, there is truth.
    "Claude Os, Aperi Oculos!" - Shut your mouth, open your eyes.
    "Quos Amor Verus Tenuit, Tenebit" - Those whom true love has held, it will go on holding.

They're famous phrases, so a bit of Google magic helped. :D
    Thanks for the explanations.

@ CheeseMuncher: Cute.

@ Cracklord: Also cute. A few typos though:
    at it hit him like a sneak attack
    The aftertaste felt as though his teeth had dissolved his teeth
    Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry about the wait, needed to sleep.

Enjoy (or don't)
    Spoiler
    Show

Belkar tested the ring in the wall and the chain that bound him. His limbs were free, but he knew that his shackles had a break DC beyond his his ability. The links of the chains were as thick as his tongue, and fastened to a band of steel about his waist, a band as broad as his hand and half an inch thick. The sheer weight of them was making him exhausted, and it was only a matter of time before he collapsed. Even the locks that held the band were massive affairs a sledgehammer could barely so much as dint. Haley could probably open them by looking at them, but Belkar didn't know where to start. And the ring the chain was fastened to went through the wall and was fastened to the other side.

Someone really didn't like him.

He tried to remember what had happened, but all he could remember was the meeting with the slavers, and then the long march east. They had made camp, and then... this.

Belkar cursed, and panic surged through him as he glared into the darkness that pressed against the half circle of light. His imagination peopled the murk with grisly shapes. Then his reason joined in. Whoever his captors were, he doubted they had reason to spare him. They wanted something from him, and most likely they would kill him for it.

He might have been down there for an hour, an eternity or just a few scant seconds, when the door swung open and remained open. The grille was withdrawn and a huge figure was framed in the glow of the torches outside.The figure glided in, pulling the grille partly to behind it, leaving the bolt poised As it moved into the light of the torch above, Belkar saw it was a gigantic Thri-Keen, stark naked, bearing in one hand a ring of keys. His other hands were constantly in motion, even folded as they were now.

His mandibles clicked as he spoke. "Nice to meet you." he said, the sharp teeth splitting into a grin that sent shivers down his spine. "I have dared much for this meeting. Look! The keys to your chains! What will you give me for them?" He asked, dangling them in front of the halflings eyes.
    Belkar made a grab, but he fell short by a good few feet.

"Give me the keys and I won't cut of your balls." Belkar growled, new hope surging fiercely in his breast. He grabbed at them again, but got no closer then he had on his last attempt.

The tri-keen shrugged all four of his shoulders. "If you're not going to make it worth my time..."

"Ten thousand gold pieces," Belkar offered.

"Not enough!" cried the insectoid figure, a ferocious exultation shining through his dark carapace. "Not nearly enough for the risks I take. If they find out what I've done, they'll hang me up by my... well, what will you give me?"

'Twenty thousand, and all the slaves you want." Belkar tried again. The Thri-keen yelled and stamped in in a frenzy of barbaric gratification. "More... Offer me more!"

"You bastard! If I was free I'd see how you like a dagger up your arsehole! Are you just here to mock me?"

"Oh no." The beetleman replied, craning his head so his compound eyes stared into Belkars brown ones. "I know of you, since I was a chief among our hive, and my brother returned and took my place. You killed him. You desecrated his body. You killed Kz-Lou-Tzak. My chief, and my brother. I demand the blood price!" He said, his voice now thick with a mix of emotion.

"Free me and I'll pay you your weight in gold!" Growled Belkar.

The red eyes glittered, the mandibles clicked. "You softskins are all the same, you all think golds all that is important, but we Thri-keen know gold can never pay for blood. Only one thing can. All that can... is more blood." The last words were a maniacal shriek that sent echoes shivering around the dungeon.

A strange buzzing filled the air. "You hear that, Belkar? That's a bloodfly swarm. They eat softskin's blood, and lay their eggs in their corpse. I think I find vengeance to my liking after all. Perhaps I shall watch. They're not interested in my blood, after all."

Belkar opened his mouth to say something, only for it to be drowned out by the terrible drone of dark mass, blacker then black, made up of thousands of glittering bugs, each bloated on stolen fluid, the size of his big toe. He flailed anxiously, his exhaustion forgotten, but it had no effect, bushing a few aside. Then one latched on to his arm, and bit through his skin. He pulled it off and crushed it, but then they were all over him, covering him, tearing through his skin. He tried to scream, but when he opened his mount a few pushed their way in and began eating him from the inside.

His last thought through the haze of pain, was the irony. Killed in revenge for his only selfless deed.

OK, That's the introduction (the prologue). In a few hours I'll have the beginnings of Belkars 'adventures' in hell up.
    It's going to be long. At least four parts, and I want them all to be quality.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-25 at 05:24 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Enjoy (or don't)
    Definitely enjoy.
    DeviantArt

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Colossus in the Playground

Ulgh...*Nausea*

Think of the cute baby animals...Four puppies, three kittens...Four puppies, three kittens I got adopted today...

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Ulgh...*Nausea*

Think of the cute baby animals...Four puppies, three kittens...Four puppies, three kittens I got adopted today...
    Stop making my hungry!
    DeviantArt

9. - Top - End - #1389

His last thought through the haze of pain, was the irony. Killed in revenge for his only selfless deed.
    Sucks to be you, Belkar. Sucks to be you.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Ulgh...*Nausea*

You serious? He's not even in hell yet!
    Oh, and as this is a pairing thread, I have to make some sort of stab at that sort of thing, don't I? OK, I now know who the IFCC are.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

11. - Top - End - #1391

Hey, I just got back from cute overload at the animal shelter where I volunteer. I don't handle mood whiplash that well.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and as this is a pairing thread, I have to make some sort of stab at that sort of thing, don't I?
    This thread's definition of 'love' is pretty vague. I'm sure you can work something out.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-25 at 06:11 PM.
    DeviantArt

13. - Top - End - #1393

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38673

...Why do I have the feeling that this is going to end something like that?

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saeyan View Post
    Also, for some reason the short hair is making me finally begin to see why some people think V is a girl.
    I always thought of V as a girl Aid Inkyrius as a male. I like Your picture - female Kyrie is cute .

water smurf -story as always great. It's good You're female, otherwise shower scene would be very disturbing (just joking :) ) Also, I have question about suvie's mother hair color -I got lost on "parent" and "other parent" thing :) - is it really red like in my picture? Now I think it's blue.

And the new picture (no, not the shower scene :) ). Again, V few decades older. I've had a problem with drawing young Inkyrius -with different hair he doesn't look like himself ,so I changed only clothes.

15. - Top - End - #1395

Awwww... :3

(Wait... Did I just ":3"?! ...I feel dirty inside.)
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-10-25 at 08:14 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice picture. Cute and sweet. Seems a shame to add hate over the top of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    A susurrus of sounds filled the air. Hopeless whispers, murmurs thick with a desperate longing for salvation and the occasional scream, heart-rending in it’s agony, merged to create a blanket of sound over the plain he found himself standing on.

He’d find it quite enjoyable if he was the one doing it, and didn’t suspect
    he’d be next.

In the clear sky over the endless, chalklike plain, Belkar could see thousands of stars. He couldn’t tell if they were familiar or no, he’d never really bothered to look at the night sky, but there didn’t seem to be enough of them.

The plain was empty, but for a few, jagged ruins of cyclopean monuments, great pillars and columns carved with twisted runes. His eyes hurt just staring at them, so instead he lowered his gaze to the figures around him.
    He’d appeared some time ago, although it was hard to say how long. At first, for a few seconds, he’d dared to hope he’d dreamed his death, but it was clearly not the case. His body didn’t feel solid, and there was no strength to his arms. He’d tried to hit the first other figure he’d seen, a waxy faced aristocratic looking man with a luxurious moustache, and his limb had been like a dead weight, with no power. Even when he finally managed to work up the effort, the air had seemed to thicken, and he couldn’t even touch the other being.

He was only grateful the other figure hadn’t noticed it. He would have died from embarrassment (figuratively).

“Well this sucks.” He muttered, or tried to, for he found himself mute. No noise came out when Belkar tried to speak. He couldn’t even move his jaw.
    So this was hell. Boredom. Well, not great, but better this then the fire that Durkon talks about. Maybe you couldn’t speak, stab things, touch or have fun, but maybe other things were possible. Then a sharp ache began across is skin, as it turned red, then began to disappear in clumps. He felt like he was being eaten alive all over again.

The pain across his body became, by degrees, intolerable. He couldn’t feel his heart labouring in his chest, he wasn’t breathing. There was real pain there too, a deep, knife-like pain that covered his body with tiny, invisible wounds, intimate and unbearable.

He shrieked, and whimpered, but not a single sound escaped his lips. The ember of fear burst, showering fragments of panic across his thoughts. Then he felt burning tears well up in his eyes, but when he tried to blink them away, he found that he couldn’t close his eyelids.

For the first time, looking back at his all to short life, he wished he’d been a better person.

“That’s the one we want.” The shades around him parted anxiously, as a terrible figure came into view. A palpable sense of wrong flitted across Belkars heart, as a hulking pit fiend strode through the throng of souls, The mighty devil stood twice the height of a man, four times his height, with a chest as wide as a stallions, rippling with more muscles then should fit. Its vast black wings mantled it like a cloak of ebon glory, it surveyed the scene with a malignant, measuring gaze, and Belkars heart sank. The fiend had come for him.

“You are sure they want this pathetic worm?” It asked, its voice like a roaring forge.

It took Belkar a moment to realize what the being was talking too, and when it did he started. A small, red bat-like thing was hovering above the fiends tight shoulder, red eyes narrowed intently. Its voice was deep for its size, though it sounded as shrill as a mouse squeaking in the corner beside the massive fiend.

Belkar wanted to scream, but all that came out was a pitiful croak.
    With one absent gesture the huge devil conjured up a seething orb of black fire, that arranged itself into a pair of manacles, the interior ringed with spikes. Taking Belkar in its free hand as though he weighed nothing (maybe he did) it snapped them on his wrists. They dug into his flesh, tearing skin and sinew, piercing bone, but more then that they burned his very soul, with cold rather then heat. He was shivering, more violently then he’d ever believed possible, a series of convulsive shudders that built upon each other, his teeth banging together so they bit through his tongue, his limbs twitching and jerking beyond his control.

He felt nothing, the pain that had become omnipresent, not merely confined to the wrists, the places where spikes of cold fire bit into him, but everywhere. He couldn't feel or sense anything, his entire world was the agony of the chains.

They had left the plain, he realized dimly, and were now on a long boat of steel, poled along a river as wide as forever, by a black robed figure who moved with all the grace and surety of an arthritic grandfather. Just the same, the boat sped along. Looking into the flowing water, he realised he could see fragments, snatches of memory, and faces.

Thousands of little betrayals, and murders, lies and cheats, thousands of delusions. He saw the dust of empires, and the pain of millions. At last, it was too much, and instead he looked at the sky, at the cold, unforgiving light of the stars.

Once Durkon had been boring his ears out with theology, and he’d threatened to stab the dwarf if he didn’t shut up. Now he wished more then anything he’d listened.

At last the boat came to rest at a far bank, and the pit fiend stepped off, giving the boatman a bag of coins. The robed figure, his face shadowed in the cloak, carefully counted out thirty pieces of silver, then nodded, returning to his boat and poling off.

Before them was an enormous wall, the gates that would dwarf those of any city he’d ever seen or heard of. Dark and foreboding, they reached into a sky swirling with red mist. Lightning flashed, blood red, then sickly green, and thunder subsided into an omnipresent rumbling, with the occasional bangs and roars like distant bombs exploding in the night. To either side, past the hulking gatehouses, high, pale walls stretched to the horizon. He was too far away to be certain, but Belkar thought the walls were moving, almost as if every brick as shifting constantly, writhing as though it as alive.
    All around him, a crowd of whimpering, bawling shades waited, like reluctant steer before a gatehouse, shackled just as he was. No demons guarded them, but just the same, none of them tried to run.

The tower's surface was dark red, and seemed strangely warm. The tower was made with fist sized blocks of… something. It took a moment to figure out what they were, and when he did he almost recoiled. Hearts. Thousands upon thousands of still beating hearts.

Above the gate was a massive sign, containing words he didn’t recognize, but somehow understood. “Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.” Beneath it was another, newer sign, in the same script; “you don’t have to be damned to work here, but it helps!”

After the morbid terrors so far, he hadn't known what to expect in the citadel, but what he hadn't expected was a pleasant sitting room, built at enormous scale, with three cloaked figures hooded on a couch. Their robes masked every aspect of them, be could barely make out their shape, and all that served to distinguish them was their terrible eyes.

"This is him?" Said the center one, his voice crisp, efficient, and thick with bubbling corruption, like the death rattle of a god. The sound alone made Belkar feel sick.

"Yes." The imp replied.

"Good. You can go." For a moment, the pit fiend looked as though he was going to argue, then finally closed his moth, muttered some empty respect, and vanished.

The center figure now turned his gaze on Belkar, and the halfling felt something cold and inhuman sliver across his mind. It burrowed into his memories, rooting through them like a rat in so much refuse. Belkar tried to look away, but he couldn't remember how. Then, as quickly as the interrogation began, it was over.

"You are Belkar Bitterleaf, son of Bingo Bitterleaf, pastry chef, and Martha Rattleshirt, seamstress." The voice said, bubbling up from black lungs thick with corruption, as cold and chilling as the heart of space. "Born in The Northern Continent Thirty winters ago, as time is measured here. You have never taken an occupation, your only gift being your skill with your daggers, that you used as a means of instant gratification in enjoying others suffering. You had no goals or aspirations, and the only bond you ever formed was with a housecat. No great happiness touched your heart, nor any real pain." The voice said gurgled, continuing.

"You had no opinion regarding the gods, while you acknowledged their existence you never spared them any thought, and offered them worship only once. Aside from this, you worshiped yourself."

"So one of mine?" Said a voice to left. This voice was rich, like a thousand fluting reeds of the wind, thick with desire and promise. It was cruelly, darkly insane, totally without inhibitions or restraints, the voice of someone who would set fire to the world on a whim.

"Debatable. A year ago he joined an adventuring party. He mad no attempt to betray them or profit from this association, and even risked his own life for their safety. While incapable of real friendship, he has come to appreciate their company, and committed several selfless actions for their sake. Perhaps one of mine, or even one of Lee's."

"It wasn't like that!" Belkar yelled,, but his voice sounded pitifully weak and insignificant. The three beings would have paid more attention to a mouse squeaking in the corner.

"I think, in the end, Cedric's is the best. Intent can be seen as enough in this case." Said the diseased voice at last.

"It's not important." Said the second one, his violet eyes wide. "We're about to cut a deal." All three of them turned and surveyed Belkar again, like a cockroach they were about to dissect.

"We all have the power to do whatever we want to you. Whatever we judge you best fit, you will be placed. And each of us will go out of our way to make you so miserable you'll wish you'd never been born at all. That is hardly unusual in our line of work, but even the souls tormented in the deepest pits of Nessus itself we'll know that you are worse off then them." He shook his head. "Or, you can do as we say. We have an... interest in the gates the people you were previously affiliated with are after. In exchange for total control of your life, we will allow you to skip the petitioner stage, and incarnate as a low level fiend. Skip the being tortured phase."

"You'll still suffer."

"Yes, you will. But think of the alternative."

Belkar stared at them. His first impulse was to take the deal, but he had to wonder. "You're being honest with me."

The left side one shrieked with glee. It was a long, loud laugh, and Belkar found the hair on the back of his neck rise at the alien quality of the sound. "Of course we are. Why would we bother lying to you? You're been and done. You're book is closed. Why should we care? Truth be told, you are all but irrelevant."

The middle one made a coughing sound. "Now. What do you say?"

Belkar drew himself up. "No."

"Really."

"Yes. If I'm so unimportant, why do you need my permission? You're trying to screw me over. You're all pretty important from the sound of things, and I doubt every soul goes through this. So I'm valuable. And somehow, if you're going to torture me anyway, may as well go all the way."

There was silence. At long last the left one shook his head. "This guy's an idiot."

For the first time, the right hand one spoke. "He's mine." The being's voice was so pure and melodious, he felt lost in the words and their meaning. Only the sharp pain in his wrists managed to remind him of his situation.

"I'd say he's chaotic evil."

"Oh, he is. But you owe me ten souls from that bet. This can be number one. I'll have him broken for you in two days, and willing to do the deal for nothing."

Belkar blinked. "Wait, what?"

"Alright, then, have your fun."

"Oh, I will. Breaking the defiant ones is so much better.

Sorry that this installment wasn't so exciting, but to do horrible things I have to set the stage first. Now I have my stage, and I have my pairing. BelialxBelakar.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-25 at 08:54 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

17. - Top - End - #1397

So when everyone dies for real are they just gonna sit and make comments from their respective afterlives while munching on popcorn?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-10-25 at 08:24 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Orc in the Playground

Nice job. You're very good at describing hell. You have a more twisted imagination than me, I guess.

Stop. Grammar time.

The pain across his body became, by degree’s, intolerable.
    Apostrophe

“You are sure they want this pathetic worm?” It asked, it’s
    Apostrophe

It’s voice was deep for it’s size,
    Apostrophe

He couldn't feel or sense anything, his entire wiorld was the agony of the chains.
    Guess he's a Brooklynite, then.

Once Durkon had been boring his ears out with theology, and he’d threatened to stab the dwarf if he didn’t shut p.
    Should be up.

The towers surface was dark red, and seemed strangely warm.
    Tower's

"Your being honest with me."
    You're

Your been and done. Why should we care?
    You're

Your trying to screw me over. Your all pretty important from the sound of things, and I doubt every soul goes through this.
    You're

"This guys an idiot."
    guy's

Hooray for grammar! Also, the purpley guy's voice changes from Orchid to Purple.
    Last edited by Meg; 2009-10-25 at 08:45 PM.

...And that is how I met your father.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll get to work on that.
    And he's not in hell yet. He's in the waiting room. Hell is coming up as soon as I can find the relevant passage in Dante's inferno.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-25 at 08:50 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

20. - Top - End - #1400

What about the article I showed you? For entertainment and more ideas?

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

What about the article I showed you? For entertainment and more ideas?
    Funny, but I've heard worse. They did get most of their theology right, but in DnD I'm a purist. Besides, what Belial does makes that seem like nothing. Humiliating, yes, cruel yes, but the best aspect of DnD Hell is how you lose your identity, to the point where the pain defines you, and you have no independent existence. And writing Belkar in Belial's palace is just to good an opportunity to pass up. I have some pretty twisted resources to draw of on my own, don't you worry about that.

Not that I don't like the idea of that happening to Belkar.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-25 at 08:59 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #1402

Well I have absolutely no clue who Belial is so if you could please fill me in on the details I would greatly appreciate it.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ogre in the Playground

PG version:
    A fallen angel, with an origin story borrowed from Paradise lost. Basically, he controls people through sensation, sadism and sexuality. As in, he tortures and humiliates them until they have no personality and only exist to serve his whims, and relish his torture as even that blinding pain is better then the total emptiness you feel the rest of the time. And that happens to you, because by the end, that one thing that defines you is torture, the rest of your identity gone and forgotten.
    He begins with general torture, lake of fire, that sort of thing, then gets on to rape, that sort of thing, then just general mistreating.
    And because of what he is, people beg him for it.
    His victims include about half the people on his 11% of hell, including his daughter.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-25 at 09:18 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #1404

...Oh boy.

Heheh, random, but you know what's funny? This place may be a Tavern of Squick-and-Crack-Fics, (It's Squicracktastic!) but everyone on here is really nice.

"Don't worry Timmy, the crazed shippers won't bite you!"
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-10-25 at 10:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Part three. Writing this is a balm for my hate.

Spoiler
    Show
    The city was enormous, stretching to a size that would rival most continents, in the crater of a volcano so high anyone standing on the edges couldn’t make out the ground on the clearest of days. But it was never clear, the air full of clouds of smoke and sparks that burned the lining of the lungs with every breath. Belkar didn’t even notice. He had bigger problems, the biggest of which was standing next to him in a robe that hid everything about him, from his features to his general body shape.

The place stank of ash and brimstone. Everything burned to touch, and all he could hear were screams. Looking down he realized why. The lava beneath the city was full of bobbing figures, screaming in torment.

“Suffering is good. Don’t you think?” The devil, possibly named Lee although that seemed unlikely, commented, with a voice that should have been given to some god of song, a deep, lustful voice that wass simultaneously pure and leaking with the greatest evil, beyond Belkar’s ability to understand. “They have to learn their place. Learn obedience. Through suffering, we are cleansed. We learn purity.”

"It also screws you up." Belkar quipped back.

"And? You're all meaningless. Even the purest of you is flawed, sick. You think you are important, that your sins are original, but I have known millions like you. Billions. And they all broke. But we need to keep your memories and your identity. So the lake can wait. Now come."

At first, Belkar wanted to resist, but then his legs began striding behind the cloaked figure of his own accord, and he stopped trying. He'd lost control of his muscles, resisting would only result in multiple broken bones, and whats worse he'd still have to follow the devil. His body moved of its own violation, driving him forward like one of the risen dead.

The city was made up hardened magma, obsidian and crystal squats, suspended above the lava through magic. The walkways were narrow paths of stone with no rails, that a single misstep would send you plummeting to the lake below. In the center of the city, carved from a single, unnatural looking spire, was a tremendous castle, sharp and hard as a blade, glowing red with heat.

Belkars feet would be bleeding if not for the heat that instantly cauterized them, and the hairs on his body had burned off. At some point his clothes had vanished, and he felt dimly he should be humiliated, but somehow he wasn't. Decency, from what he had seen, was the least of his problems.

He had seen plenty in his life, and thought he knew how bad it got, but that was far from the truth. He'd never even imagined a place so dedicated to pleasure, pain and perversion.

Friezes and statues depicting the most lewd and vile acts decorated the front of every building. Other places had iron cages hung above their doors, within which dull-eyed humans and other races flagellated one another or performed listless acts of coitus.

In a great courtyard, more then a hundred figures dressed in ceremonial robes lined the narrow hall. The ancient beings had bowed so long that the bodies within had long since crumbled to dust. He stared at the wretched figures, wondering what awful terror could have made them press their foreheads to the floor until they starved to death. Then he saw the cloaked devil leading him out of the corner of his eye, and had a terrible suspicion he knew.

Belkar suddenly realized exactly why he was being brought this way. The figure wanted to make him suffer, to realize exactly what was going to happen to him. And it was working.

At last they came to the citadel, and Belkar was shocked and surprised to find a beautiful place of marble and and gold, with drapes of silk and cloth of gold.

Belkar smiled. "So, I take it that was all a front, and hell's actually one big party?" He said, his voice rough and hoarse from the fumes in the air and the terrible burning thirst.

The robed figure turned and backhanded him with enough force to drive him off his feet and into a wall with bonecrushing force. "Speak when spoken to." He said, his voice making the cliche both intimate and terrifying.

Belkar nodded desperately. His arm was at a bizarre angle, the bone poking at the skin, threatening to jut out. His ribs were lopsided, the right side of his chest caved in. And he could feel the skin bubbling and popping where he'd been hit, pin so intense he hadn't even noticed his broken arm until he'd tried to push himself up with them. Emeralds and Sapphires and Rubies crystallized and burst in front of his eyes. his breath came in shallow gulps. and already he found his body jerking after the cloaked figure, like a bizarre puppet.

Then, suddenly and abruptly, he blacked out, and for a short time, escaped.

Something was dragging at his feet. Belkar opened his gummy eyes and saw his charred toes scuffing along the smooth stones. Two tall humanoids covered with sharp barbs, right down to the tip of their long meaty tails, held him by the arms, dragging him easily along a passage. The robed Devil who had brought him here was nowhere to be seen.

It was a struggle to raise his head and take in his surroundings. His mouth tasted of salt and copper. Blood, he belatedly realized. His own. His skin felt taut and slightly feverish, but whole. It was a wonder he was still intact.
    Hot wind played across his face. Chains clinked softly, pure crystal tones that made his blood run cold. Then, the strong hands that held him let go, and he fell to his knees on the slate tiles. A mass of chains tipped with cruel hooks and barbs hung above him, swaying in the hot wind. The metal links chimed again, making him shudder.

Then he saw the figure, still dressed in his robes. "So much time wasted." He said. "Almost ten minutes gone by, and we haven't even begun."

Belkar found himself being lifted again, taken over to the waiting hooks by the two Barbed devils. "No, please! I agree! I agree to whatever you want! Don't do this!"

Chuckling cruelly, the devil shook his head in the hood of his robe. "You are not here to speak, you misbegotten bastard, but to suffer. You are here to learn your place." As he spoke, another devil handed him a tray of tools, which he inspected briefly. Belkar was forced once more to his knees. One of the devils inspected the chains thoughtfully, and reached for a gleaming hook, oblivious to the halfling's cry of terror.

Torture begins next installment, the next bit the installment after that.

Should have changed my name to Squicklord.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-26 at 01:15 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Dwarf in the Playground

...Oh boy.

Heheh, random, but you know what's funny? This place may be a Tavern of Squick-and-Crack-Fics, (It's Squicracktastic!) but everyone on here is really nice.

"Don't worry Timmy, the crazed shippers won't bite you!"
    ...but they might give you rabies. Anyway, I'm not really a forum kind of person, but in my very limited experience with forums this site is one of the nicer places to hang out. Less stupid posts, catfights and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling
    picture
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling
    I always thought of V as a girl Aid Inkyrius as a male. I like Your picture - female Kyrie is cute .
    Actually another reason is that I really, really, really suck at drawing guys.

Also, are Minion and Cracklord the same person? I think I just noticed. And I kind of feel like doing another V/Z thing again.

Edit (for Cracklord):
    Spoiler
    Show

Then he saw the cloaked devil leading him out of the corner of his eye, and had a terrible suspicion he knew
    No full-stop. Or period as Americans call it.

So, I take it that was all a front, and hell's actually one big party?

oblivious to the halfling's
    Emeralds and Sapphires and Rubies crystallized and burst in front of his eyes

the two Barbed devils
    Why the capitalization?

It was a struggle to raise his head and take n his surroundings
    Then, the strong hands that held hi et go
    A mass of chains tipped with cruel hooks and barbs hand? above him.
    Chuckling cruelly, the devil shook his head in the folds of his robe
    I'm not sure, but "chuckling" just doesn't seem to fit in with cruel for me. But I get what you're trying to say. And maybe "hood" would be better than "folds", because that seems to imply the body of the robe instead of the hood.

The metal links

PS: That was scary. As in the story.
    Last edited by Saeyan; 2009-10-26 at 12:14 AM.

I draw pictures:

(haven't been updated in a while and you can read the comic here)

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

* I'm incognito/in disguise.
    This way no one will recognize me. [/highlander reference and Hellsing reference]
    Yeah, Zanzaril and the Dark Fiddler told me to change my name.

Edit: So what gave me away? The purple prosey writing style? The rampart sadism? The dark style? The uncompromising hatred of Belkar?
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2009-10-26 at 01:05 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Dwarf in the Playground

Argh, I typed "saying" as my username when I tried to log in. I hate it when that happens.

Zanzaril and the Dark Fiddler told me to change my name.
    Wuh? Why?

Anyway, it was when Zanaril/someone posted "Minion Cracklord". And maybe the really long list of stories attributed to you under the archive post.

I draw pictures:

(haven't been updated in a while and you can read the comic here)

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Part three. Writing this is a balm for my hate.

Torture begins next installment, the next bit the installment after that.

Should have changed my name to Squicklord.
    *chortles gleefully*

All hail the Crack/Squicklord!

please don't hurt us

And (assuming I pronounce it correctly) 'Lee' works perfectly as being short for 'Belial'.

Quote Originally Posted by half-halfling View Post
    Also, I have question about suvie's mother hair color -I got lost on "parent" and "other parent" thing :) - is it really red like in my picture? Now I think it's blue.
    Suvie's mother (Parent) has purple hair; it's Suvie's father (Other Parent) who has blue hair.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-10-26 at 03:33 AM.
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Suvie's mother (Parent) has purple hair; it's Suvie's father (Other Parent) who has blue hair.
    picture fixed.

Cracklord - I really like your description of hell -it reminds me Doom 3 :). Also, three fiends are lot more serious and evil than originally (I like it too).