New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Banned

Default Re: Crack Pairings 3 - 50% More Squick

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    While my hate sustains me, once you've had him tortured by an archdevil there is really no way to top it.
    I think I'll go back to crack, I'm sick of hate at the moment.
    Have him tortured by all nine Archdevils at once. Problem solved.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

How 'bout not?

Grrr... *bangs head against desk* WHY CAN'T I THINK OF ANYTHING GOOD?!
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, golentan. Enough lurking, time to get down to this. Time to destroy some minds (if even still possible in this thread).

The chart gave me Rodriguez/Windstriker. Drunkenness as a plot device. Here goes:

Spoiler
    Show
    Mr. Rodriguez was knocking back his 6th brew when the horse walked into the bar. "Hey. I know how thish goesh," he said to himself. "Now I shay 'Why the long... shomething." The horse walked over to the bar, and stared at the bartender.

"Hey, do you want something?" the fellow asked. *Clump* rang across the floor "Oh. I get it, one stamp for yes, two for no. Right?" *Clump*

"Okay, I'm going to point at some stuff. Stop me when I get to what you want." Said the bartender, then trailed his hand over the bottles behind the counter. When he got to the bottle of vodka, the horse stopped him. He set it on the bar, and the horse gripped it in his teeth, lifted, and chugged the entire bottle in seconds.

"You owe me 10 gold for that you know," said the barkeep. "I hope you got some deep saddlebags."

Mr Rodriguez had watched the affair from the beginning, and decided to help. He handed the bartender a platinum. "I'll *hic* take care of it," he said.

then he turned to the horse. "Hey, don't I know you from shomewhere? Windshtriker, right?" *Clump*

"Yeah, you almosht got me killed by the crazed halfling. Reshtraining order, yeah?" Rodriguez asked, smiling at the memory. *Clump*

"Weren't you with shome assho.. asshurite chick back then?" he asked, wondering what a horse would be doing in a bar. *Clump* came the response, and windstriker's head drooped. Feeling sorry for the fellow, Rodriguez continued. "Oh. That'sh how it ish. Shorry, you leave her?" *clump clump* "Oh. She leave you?"

The next response was a much more emphatic *Clump,* and windstriker put his head on the bar and squealed softly.

"You.. you wanna talk about it?" *clump clump* "Fair enough. How about another drink then? My treat." A long pause, followed by *clump*

After draining their respective next rounds, Rodriguez started to talk again. "Yeah. Mishter Jones, from work? He never reshpects me. No matter what I do he alwaysh takesh credit for it. And he never lishtens to my ideash. I realished thish jusht the other day, you know? I wash talking about a cashe with a clash action lawshuit. "Shuthern Pantheon v. Dark One" and I shaid... Oh, shouldn't talk about it. Lawyer confi.. confi.. shecret thingy. I'm boring you anyway. Shorry." Windstriker looked over at him and thought for a moment. *Clump Clump*.

"No I'm not boring you? Ish that what you mean?" asked Rodriguez. *Clump*

Rodriguez finished his story. "Thanksh. You know, I really appreciate you lishtening. You may be the only one who'sh ever done that. And you trushted me enough to hire me for the halfling. You're a good friend." Windstriker did a half snort, and nickered softly, bumping his head against Rodriguez's shoulder. Mr. Rodriguez realized deep down this was a turning point in his life. What he was about to say could never be unsaid. And to say it was to risk everything. His career, his friendship with Windstriker, his PG-13 rating. All of it. If he had had less to drink the thought would never have crossed his mind, but tonight, desperate and lonely, and talking to the only character who had ever taken him seriously he could not ignore it.

"Hey. You wanna come back to my place Windshtriker? Bet it'sh nicer than having to stay in the shtables here." There was a long pause, and Rodriguez could see windstriker thinking. He grew more and more nervous, fearing he had crossed the line. There was no way that the horse would...

*Clump*

Oh.

The next day, Rodriguez found a horse's head in his bed. "I guess I'm a paladin now," he said. Windstriker whinnied enquiringly. "I just had a divine mount, and I'm about to try laying on hands," he explained, reaching for his bestest friend ever once more.

I apologize for that, from the depths of what passes for my soul.
    Last edited by golentan; 2009-11-06 at 12:51 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Have him tortured by all nine Archdevils at once. Problem solved.
    Character overflow.

Besides, each archdevil should be in the spotlight. They are amongst the most powerful things in creation. Bel is roughly equal to an intermediate deity, and he's the weakest. They are smart, brilliant, and powerful, and have personalities in danger of collapsing under the weight of themselves and forming a black hole.
    Doing three is hard. Doing all nine? Tolkien could do it...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Character overflow.

Besides, each archdevil should be in the spotlight. They are amongst the most powerful things in creation. Bel is roughly equal to an intermediate deity, and he's the weakest. They are smart, brilliant, and powerful, and have personalities in danger of collapsing under the weight of themselves and forming a black hole.
    Doing three is hard. Doing all nine? Tolkien could do it...
    I guess they could take it in turns. I'm just saying that it'd take the combined sadism and brutality of all nine Archdevils to give Belkar the unholy smackdown he truly deserves.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    Hey, uh, I don't want to sound rude, but I'd really appreciate it if someone were to make a banner from one of my crack pairings.

Formerly known as Discord here and Maladin on avatarspirit.net.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Jirix was searching the sewers for Xykon's phylactery along with a small squad of Hobgoblins.
    They had been down here for hours and to be honest, he was getting quite nervous.

There had been reports of patrol squads going missing lately whenever they went into the sewers and considering that he was the only one in the whole squad with any actual Class levels he thought himself justified in being worried.
    Unfortunately for him it would turn out that he was correct in his fear that something bad was going to happen.

He suddenly heard a scream from one of his fellow Hobgoblins and turned around just in time to see the whole rest of his squad getting massacred in a single round by a Big. Freaking. Black. Dragon!

"AHHHHH!!!"

The dragon turned to him now...
    He really didn't like the way it was looking at him.

-----------------------

Meanwhile the Demon Roaches were watching the Teevo.

"Man that's some hot stuff"
    "Oh yeah"
    "What's up with you two?"

"What's going on in he-" Redcloak started as he walked through the door only to interrupt himself and cover his eye with his hands "MY EYE! MY POOR USELESS EYE!"

-------------------------

The ABD took a step back and looked at the now unconscious Hobgoblin.
    She had what she needed so there really was no point in keeping him alive, besides she was getting a little hungry.

Jirix was quickly devoured.

It would be such a shame to waste all these delicious bodies...

And there went the rest of the squad.

"That's going straight to the hips" the first roach said.
    "Hey, where did the goblin go?" the second one asked.

--------------------------

Meanwhile Redcloak was running around screaming and looking for the brain bleach.

"WHERE DID THEY PUT THE BRAIN BLEACH!?"

Little did he know that the guys beyond the fourth wall had already used it all up.

Yay, i wrote something!

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

They're both still clothed and Julia's already blushing? Her brain will be leaking out of her ears in half an hour's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    An unfinished Spliced!Kyrie sketch I still have to get done colouring:
    I love the pose.

..And for Water-Smurf as well. :D
    V looks so woebegone.

And I was inspired to try and do Uncle Aandy, hopefully he doesn't look TOO similar to V... ^^;
    That's scarily similar to my mental image of him. Something about the nose...
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2009-11-06 at 12:19 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting trivia: Sabine was originally topless with her nipple strategically hidden by Pompey's arm until I realized the rules wouldn't agree.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, guys. I dunno if I have the time, I'll see if I can colour the one of Aarindarius in some shape or form...

Also, I nominate Esmerelder's body swap fic for the "If Only..." award. :) That's exactly the kind of wacky hijinks I'd actually expect to see in the actual comic. XD
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

11. - Top - End - #341
    Barbarian in the Playground

ClericGuy

Also, I nominate Esmerelder's body swap fic for the "If Only..." award. :) That's exactly the kind of wacky hijinks I'd actually expect to see in the actual comic. XD
    I second this nomination! Esmerelder's story is just awesome and rich with details.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe I misread the entire story, but...

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    The "If Only..." award: Awarded to a crack pairing that should have made it into the main strip, were it not for cruel chance, self restraint and/or the Obscene Publications Act.
    Haley x Elan, even body-swapped, isn't a crack pairing. At all.

13. - Top - End - #343

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post

Read the last 3 paragraphs in the story. They imply V x Durkon.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

14. - Top - End - #344
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Closak View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Jirix was searching the sewers for Xykon's phylactery along with a small squad of Hobgoblins.
    They had been down here for hours and to be honest, he was getting quite nervous.

There had been reports of patrol squads going missing lately whenever they went into the sewers and considering that he was the only one in the whole squad with any actual Class levels he thought himself justified in being worried.
    Unfortunately for him it would turn out that he was correct in his fear that something bad was going to happen.

He suddenly heard a scream from one of his fellow Hobgoblins and turned around just in time to see the whole rest of his squad getting massacred in a single round by a Big. Freaking. Black. Dragon!

"AHHHHH!!!"

The dragon turned to him now...
    He really didn't like the way it was looking at him.

-----------------------

Meanwhile the Demon Roaches were watching the Teevo.

"Man that's some hot stuff"
    "Oh yeah"
    "What's up with you two?"

"What's going on in he-" Redcloak started as he walked through the door only to interrupt himself and cover his eye with his hands "MY EYE! MY POOR USELESS EYE!"

The ABD took a step back and looked at the now unconscious Hobgoblin.
    She had what she needed so there really was no point in keeping him alive, besides she was getting a little hungry.

Jirix was quickly devoured.

It would be such a shame to waste all these delicious bodies...

And there went the rest of the squad.

"That's going straight to the hips" the first roach said.
    "Hey, where did the goblin go?" the second one asked.

--------------------------

Meanwhile Redcloak was running around screaming and looking for the brain bleach.

"WHERE DID THEY PUT THE BRAIN BLEACH!?"

Little did he know that the guys beyond the fourth wall had already used it all up.

Yay, i wrote something!

Heh, guess i could have done a better job with that.
    Ah well, no harm done right? right? ...right?

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Durkon and Vaarsuvius gazing into each other's eyes or making out with each other while being Haley and Elan isn't crack, not at all.. XD
    Last edited by Kaytara; 2009-11-06 at 01:30 PM.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aww, thank you Kaytara and Aaron! If it's OK with you, I am totally stealing the 'wacky hijinks' phrase and incorporating it into the story, I really needed a descriptor like that for a certain bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Read the last 3 paragraphs in the story. They imply V x Durkon.
    Nah, Discord has a really good point -- all we've seen so far is /, which really isn't crack, even if they happen to look like /. However, I kinda needed to put all the gen stuff in now so that what happens later makes sense, and I *can* promise that things are about to get a whole lot crackier before everyone gets themselves straightened (no pun intended!) out again! ...

ETA: Oh, also @ golentan: That is way, *way* sweeter than any story dealing with that subject material had any right to be. I think I have a new ship!
    Last edited by esmerelder; 2009-11-06 at 01:32 PM.

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !

17. - Top - End - #347

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by esmerelder View Post
    Aww, thank you Kaytara and Aaron! If it's OK with you, I am totally stealing the 'wacky hijinks' phrase and incorporating it into the story, I really needed a descriptor like that for a certain bit.
    Your welcome. It's good to have a story ever once in a while that that makes my laugh and doesn't make my brain turn into ashes.

Nah, Discord has a really good point -- all we've seen so far is /, which really isn't crack, even if they happen to look like /. However, I kinda needed to put all the gen stuff in now so that what happens later makes sense, and I *can* promise that things are about to get a whole lot crackier before everyone gets themselves straightened (no pun intended!) out again! ...
    Hmm...you have a good point. Still it's funny.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as the end involves redheaded half elves, I'll be happy.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as the end involves redheaded half elves, I'll be happy.
    Are you talking about Haley/V or Belkar/V?

I just realised how adorable V and Belkar's theoretical Half-elf Half-halfling kids would be.

And, regarding their parentage, how insane.
    DeviantArt

20. - Top - End - #350

You know, not that we're lacking in competition here, but I think you should upload the Belkar x V fics here. :) You know, for completeness of the archive. :)
    I think I shall. ^.^

I have a batch of art to share! :D

An unfinished Spliced!Kyrie sketch I still have to get done colouring:
    Spoiler
    Show

A little something special for Discord.
    Spoiler
    Show

..And for Water-Smurf as well. :D
    Spoiler
    Show

This pairing needs more twisted love:
    Spoiler
    Show

And I was inspired to try and do Uncle Aandy, hopefully he doesn't look TOO similar to V... ^^;
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    My God! It feels like Christmas came early!

Kyrie looks beautifully sinister. You'd think that that'd be difficult when one's casting a spell on a muffin, but you've pulled it off amazingly well.

The V/Miko picture is beautiful. It escapes words.

I love the V/RC one. It really tells the story. V looks so sad and tired (with reason!) and Reddy looks like he's just glad she's there, even though he'd like to know why she's so depressed.

V/Belkar! :D :D :D They need more fanfiction/art. Speaking of which, I really should get moving on my editing of my next V/B fic...

Both pictures of Aarindarius really get me. The first actually took my breath away when I looked at it (Aandy looks badass!), and the second made me laugh out loud. (I think my family thinks I'm crazy, but they thought that already.)

Anyway, here's my first V/Belkar fic I wrote, what, at the beginning of the year? Something like that. I'm just posting it up here for the archives.

Spoiler
    Show
    The lips had tasted like wine. Not that cheap stuff, either. The kind where you can practically taste the grapes, sun, and care poured into it. Elven wine.

Not that he was really the type to get sappy about that kind of stuff, mind.

He had been completely hammered. He had barely known what was up and what was down. All he had known was that it was midnight, the New Year, the time to kiss. And, of course, he grabbed the one person he genuinely wanted to kiss and did just that, completely ignoring all the reasons he had not done so before. Belkar wasn’t the type of halfling to avoid taking what he wanted unless there was at least one serious concrete reason to do so. Even then, he rarely resisted temptation. But, in this particular case, he had resisted temptation ever since he found out what he was tempted by. And ale had destroyed all his reservations.

Belkar, when he was later reflecting on the incident, was surprised that he wasn’t slapped and pushed away. Or had some horrible spell immediately cast on him. Or that there wasn’t even a muffled protest.

No. For a brief moment, Vaarsuvius, the infuriating, insufferable, androgynous, but weirdly attractive and captivating elf, kissed him back. Their tongues touched tentatively, and suddenly, all he could taste was wine. And he would have been perfectly happy if that was all he ever tasted again, despite the fact he usually hated wine.

There was heat. Maybe it was from tenseness, fear, hate, or passion. But Belkar knew it was there. The elf’s hands were squeezing his elbows tightly, hard enough for knuckles to go white, and there still was no push against it. Vaarsuvius was actively allowing this to happen. Perhaps… inviting it?

It was then that the alcohol decided to make him pass out. He was glad in the morning. No telling how far he would’ve gone or what he would’ve said.

---

Belkar would never claim to be the smartest halfling, but he wasn’t stupid. He knew he wasn’t the best with people, but again, he wasn’t stupid. As soon as he woke up the next day, his memory of the kiss crystal clear despite his hangover, he did the smartest thing he could think of. He pretended to have totally forgotten.

Vaarsuvius hated him. Loathed everything about him. The elf had never made an attempt to hide it, so Belkar was well-aware of this. That, and there was the issue of Vaarsuvius being married. The mage had every right to be furious with him.

And furious V was.

Eleven explosions, a fire trap, and a wild muskrat enchanted to hump his foot. And that was just the beginning. If Belkar had been more optimistic, he would have guessed that Vaarsuvius was trying to convince them both that there was no tension besides that of hatred between them. But Belkar wasn’t optimistic. In his mind, the elf was doing nothing more than retaliating violently to the perceived physical violation.

He had expected nothing less. That was why he had resisted temptation, after all.

Belkar wasn’t one to get hung up on someone. He knew it when a person practically slammed the door in his face and screamed no. And he may have been a completely unrepentant psychotic mass murderer, but there were some lines he wouldn’t cross. If Vaarsuvius didn’t want to be kissed or touched, Belkar wouldn’t do it.

But still… he remembered the taste of wine. And sometimes he took just a shade of hope that maybe, just maybe, something would happen and he would be allowed to taste it again.

After all, V did kiss back.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

V/Belkar are always fun to read and re-read . It's a love/hate relationship at it's finest.

That said, if I had to choose between them V/RC would win, no question.
    DeviantArt

22. - Top - End - #352
    Colossus in the Playground

I freaking LOVE it!!! Now how to put that in my sig do the hyperlink...
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2009-11-06 at 03:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

ETA: Oh, also @ golentan: That is way, *way* sweeter than any story dealing with that subject material had any right to be. I think I have a new ship!
    Umm... Thank you I guess?

Yeah. I wasn't going to post it (too short, too jokey, yada yada) but when I finished it I said "Okay, this is too fun not to post."
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

@ Golentan: That was pretty good, dude. Nice job, new guy. You did a good job of portraying the characters, and how their emotions...

@ Closak: WHY?! Nah, j/k. That wasn't all that bad, actually... I liked Redcloak and the breaking of the fourth wall.

@ Water-Smurf: Dang, that was pretty good. It was nice to get a look into the little psychopath's head... We need more V x Belkar!
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

25. - Top - End - #355

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post

I just realised how adorable V and Belkar's theoretical Half-elf Half-halfling kids would be.

A half-halfing is a quarterling. Half the size of Belkar when all grown up.
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post

ZOMG, I am so writing V/Belkar spawnfic now. Yes.

Many thanks, blue silk handkerchiefs, and small inarticulate hedgehog noises to Funky Goose for the sig banner!

Even more thanks to half-halfling for the adorable avatar, which is from this comic
    !

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

ZOMG, I am so writing V/Belkar spawnfic now. Yes.
    Make Belkar the mother.
    DeviantArt

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Make Belkar the mother.
    I'm insane, but not *that* insane. He'd errupt straight through the fourth wall and get me.

!

29. - Top - End - #359

ClericGuy

I'm insane, but not *that* insane. He'd errupt straight through the fourth wall and get me.
    Not insane??? But this is the crack pairings thread! Everything is insane!
    Your local Cleric.

(yes, that is possible)

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

So a Belkar/Esmerelder fic?
    DeviantArt