New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXX: Trixie Treats!

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post

Hmm, dunno what to toast, but mead is tasty!
    I wouldn't know. Last time we managed to get any ( over 4 years ago) it had expired by the time we got around to drinking it. I tired, but didn't indulge. I don't remember what that tasted like.

As long as it doesn't taste like "bad" vinegar I'm good >>
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

2. - Top - End - #602

Yes! More ponies are being drawn! This pleases the droid!
    All these ponies starting to draw ponies has me wanting to draw ponies. If I can stop procrastinating on this paper and get it finished I'll actually have time to do that too. Bad BayonetPriest, posting when you still have 3 pages to write.

I think I failed to complement your Applejack, Druid. Allow me to rectify that. It was pretty dang awesome.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hahaha was just wondering if we'd commandeered these forums yet. Naive me we have 30 Threads apparently XD.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wonder if this'll happen in the states? I'd love to actually be able to watch ponies on TV!
    In the USA? Not a chance. Hasbro wants people to watch the Hub, not lure people to other channels. These deals only happen in countries where Hasbro doesn't have its own channel.

I do feel for you. I watched Season One in a YouTube window. Before Season Two we got Verizon Fios in the apartment complex and it was cheaper for better service, so we switched. Now I get the Hub in HD, and a HD DVR so I don't have to get up early. It's way more awesome then I expected it to be; I was pausing and rewinding constantly during Nightmare Night just to admire the costumes.

Who is your TV provider?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

5. - Top - End - #605
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aethralux View Post
    Hahaha was just wondering if we'd commandeered these forums yet. Naive me we have 30 Threads apparently XD.
    We also have an IRC, an avatar request thread on it's second iteration, a few free form rp threads and now a "Ponythread Learns to Draw" thread.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aethralux View Post
    Nope, we have 31 (There were two 20th threads), plus a Draw thread.

There's a very good reason as to why we're taking over the forums. As you may or may not be aware, the Order of the Stick is very Troperific. As TvTropes put it: "The GitP forums are almost an unofficial troper forum".

My little Pony, Friendship is magic has also reached Critical Troper Mass. anyone who spends any amount of time on TvTropes.com will start to see the name pop up everywhere. Eventually, they will open up the My Little Pony page while in a wiki walk, and learn about the series. Since TvTropes also helps train people to see shows for what they are, it has a significantly higher conversion ratio than other methods of pony recruitment.

TL;DR: Don't get pessimistic friends hooked on My Little Pony. Get them Hooked on TvTropes and wait until they naturally check out the show.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

So, the IRC chat just got attacked by MURDERPEDE!

Don't worry, he was sent back to his pokeball.

(In case you're wondering, that is where the craziness has gone.)

8. - Top - End - #608
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    I wouldn't know. Last time we managed to get any ( over 4 years ago) it had expired by the time we got around to drinking it. I tired, but didn't indulge. I don't remember what that tasted like.

As long as it doesn't taste like "bad" vinegar I'm good >>
    It's actually quite sweet. It's what we got my college roommate for his 21st, because we liked the idea of drinking mugs of mead

Quote Originally Posted by Bayonet Priest View Post
    All these ponies starting to draw ponies has me wanting to draw ponies. If I can stop procrastinating on this paper and get it finished I'll actually have time to do that too. Bad BayonetPriest, posting when you still have 3 pages to write.

I think I failed to complement your Applejack, Druid. Allow me to rectify that. It was pretty dang awesome.
    DOOOOO IT! Draw ponies!

Also, thanks for your compliments on AJ. I've got a Rarity in the works right now which I hope to post soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    In the USA? Not a chance. Hasbro wants people to watch the Hub, not lure people to other channels. These deals only happen in countries where Hasbro doesn't have its own channel.

I do feel for you. I watched Season One in a YouTube window. Before Season Two we got Verizon Fios in the apartment complex and it was cheaper for better service, so we switched. Now I get the Hub in HD, and a HD DVR so I don't have to get up early. It's way more awesome then I expected it to be; I was pausing and rewinding constantly during Nightmare Night just to admire the costumes.

Who is your TV provider?
    Good point... *sigh*

I...actually don't know what my provider is. It's whoever the apartment has a deal with, but the bill is bundled in my rent, so I don't know the name, and I'm not sure I can change it.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

9. - Top - End - #609
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    So, the IRC chat just got attacked by MURDERPEDE!

Don't worry, he was sent back to his pokeball.

(In case you're wondering, that is where the craziness has gone.)
    Ah, I was wondering why there was a severe lack of silliness in this thread.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    Ah, I was wondering why there was a severe lack of silliness in this thread.
    This is what adding Essence Vents to a Manse feels like.

It's less likely to detonate in an enormous fireball. But for some reason you're not sure that's a good thing.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    This is what adding Essence Vents to a Manse feels like.

It's less likely to detonate in an enormous fireball. But for some reason you're not sure that's a good thing.
    I feel like I'm missing a reference here...

12. - Top - End - #612

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboyinc View Post
    I feel like I'm missing a reference here...
    Exalted. Manse = Giant magical death fortress with a tendency to explode in miles-large fireballs if someone messes with the feng shui. Essence Vents = A function that allows the manse to vent those fireballs in the forms of mile-high spires of burning magic, thus reducing the general collateral damage. Disappointment = Not sure that it's worth living in a doom fortress which couldn't explode at any minute.

13. - Top - End - #613

Exalted. Manse = Giant magical death fortress with a tendency to explode in miles-large fireballs if someone messes with the feng shui. Essence Vents = A function that allows the manse to vent those fireballs in the forms of mile-high spires of burning magic, thus reducing the general collateral damage. Disappointment = Not sure that it's worth living in a doom fortress which couldn't explode at any minute.
    Of course, upon reading this, my first thought is: can those vents be pointed forwards to act as mile-long flamethrowers? Because that would be pretty darn awesome. [/neverplayedExalted]

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by byaku rai View Post
    Of course, upon reading this, my first thought is: can those vents be pointed forwards to act as mile-long flamethrowers? Because that would be pretty darn awesome. [/neverplayedExalted]
    Probably.

They can even be mile long flamethrowers of water essence.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

15. - Top - End - #615

TAKE ALL MY VOICE! I'll send auditions in a few hours.
    Huh-buh-duh-whah? Wow, this might actually become a thing.

If we're doing this, we should do a few things (not necessarily in this order):
    A) Figure out the medium
    B) Find out who wants to participate
    C) Start a thread for it
    D) Pick which episode(s) to do
    E) Start watching lots of MST3K and other riffers, to get a feel for the art.

I really hope this takes off!
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #616

No. They're essentially magical radiation, which means that the town that lives outside the manse will eventually mutate into fishpeople/disembodied light/redheads, but it's not a viable weapon.

What is a viable weapon is the mile-long flamethrower you can build and attach to the top of your manse. A manse basically converts ley lines into magical death energy, like a power plant, which then you then use to fuel your insane weaponry.

Exalted: Supervillainy is mandatory.

17. - Top - End - #617

No. They're essentially magical radiation, which means that the town that lives outside the manse will eventually mutate into fishpeople/disembodied light/redheads, but it's not a viable weapon.

What is a viable weapon is the mile-long flamethrower you can build and attach to the top of your manse. A manse basically converts ley lines into magical death energy, like a power plant, which then you then use to fuel your insane weaponry.

Exalted: Supervillainy is mandatory.
    I feel a sudden urge to learn this game... or sleep. sleep is good too. *falls over asleep*

We should probably stop derailing the thread with Exalted stuff now.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Ogre in the Playground

Pretty much this. Here in Australia we have a number of free to air TV channels (about 16 or so, currently), plus a few "pay TV" providers - Foxtel being the most popular/prominant - that allow people to purchase a basic channel package, or certain types of programming packages, or a full channel subscription for varying fees.

The channels/providers will purchase broadcast rights for overseas produced programs from their original providers, which may be then later picked up or additional broadcast deals made by other channels - in this case, the broadcast rights to MLP:FiM in Australia have been purchased by Foxtel and they're showing it in their "Cartoon Network" channel. Personally, I'm hoping that ABC2 or ABC3 get broadcast rights from The Hub, because that will mean free to air *and* commercial free.

I usually do an inital watch in Youtube, but I've been downloading the webrips in 720p DivX (.avi) format to watch the show with my wife on our TV, because she refuses to watch TV on a computer monitor. When I eventually get a better TV, I'll have to download the episodes in 1080p.

It's actually quite sweet. It's what we got my college roommate for his 21st, because we liked the idea of drinking mugs of mead
    Mrs Dexam and I had mead at our wedding for doing the toasts and speeches, instead of champagne (we had a medieval-themed wedding ).

EDIT: Now I have an OC pony idea starting to form in my mind, who's special talent is bee-keeping, honey, and honey-related products (like mead, because I can *totally* see ponies drinking mead!)
    Now... what to name this OC pony?
    Last edited by Dexam; 2011-11-01 at 10:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #619

I feel a sudden urge to learn this game... or sleep. sleep is good too. *falls over asleep*

We should probably stop derailing the thread with Exalted stuff now.
    Derail? I see you haven't met Ponythread.

Exalted's a wonderful setting, I can't in good faith recommend the mechanics. Optimal solution is playing Exalted rules-lite or with Heroquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Pretty much this. Here in Australia we have a number of free to air TV channels (about 16 or so, currently), plus a few "pay TV" providers - Foxtel being the most popular/prominant - that allow people to purchase a basic channel package, or certain types of programming packages, or a full channel subscription for varying fees.
    Wait, Dexam's living in Australia? Awesome! Where 'bouts?

Mrs Dexam and I had mead at our wedding for doing the toasts and speeches, instead of champagne (we had a medieval-themed wedding ).
    And this is why I need to know where 'bouts, because you sound like the coolest guy ever.

EDIT: Now I have an OC pony idea starting to form in my mind, who's special talent is bee-keeping, honey, and honey-related products (like mead, because I can *totally* see ponies drinking mead!)
    Sweet Tooth? Need more data. Like gender/appearance.

EDIT:

I have discovered that I cannot do a Statler and/or Waldorf voice right. I can do some voices, just not those ones.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-11-01 at 10:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Troll in the Playground

Derail? I see you haven't met Ponythread.

Exalted's a wonderful setting, I can't in good faith recommend the mechanics. Optimal solution is playing Exalted rules-lite or with Heroquest.
    Plus Leo makes a lot little more sense if you know Exalted.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, Dexam's living in Australia? Awesome! Where 'bouts?
    ... it's taken you this long to realise this? STALKER FAIL!

Not that I'm stalking anypony from the ponythread... ¬_¬

To answer your question: Perth, Western Australia.

And this is why I need to know where 'bouts, because you sound like the coolest guy ever.
    I'm nothin' special...

Anyways, here's some proof.

(And now you all know what we look like.)

Sweet Tooth? Need more data. Like gender/appearance.
    I'm starting to think something along the lines of "Honey Buzz" or "Sweet Sting" or similar. Earth pony mare, with bright yellow and black striped mane & tail. Not sure about coat/eye colour, but cutie mark is definitely a beehive with a honey bee flying out of it.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

23. - Top - End - #623

... it's taken you this long to realise this? STALKER FAIL!

Not that I'm stalking anypony from the ponythread... ¬_¬

To answer your question: Perth, Western Australia.
    My e-stalking is generally poor regarding ponythread. I've been cutting back.

Ah, Western Australia; the great, inaccessible desert that we Easterners regard as a mining colony populated by undesirables.

I'm nothin' special...

(And now you all know what we look like.)
    Good gracious, that is classy.

I'm starting to think something along the lines of "Honey Buzz" or "Sweet Sting" or similar. Earth pony mare, with bright yellow and black striped mane & tail. Not sure about coat/eye colour, but cutie mark is definitely a beehive with a honey bee flying out of it.
    One picture, comin' up!

24. - Top - End - #624
    Bugbear in the Playground

I...actually don't know what my provider is. It's whoever the apartment has a deal with, but the bill is bundled in my rent, so I don't know the name, and I'm not sure I can change it.
    Ah, yeah, I've been there before. You might be able to order extra services through the apartment management, but not necessarily (and that's assuming the Hub is available at all and it isn't too expensive to add the service that contains it).

Topaz has a sister named Honey Buzz (I've mentioned her in a previous post to SiuiS) and you're certainly welcome to use the name if you like it.

EDIT: Apparently one of the blind bag ponies is named Bumblesweet.
    Last edited by Topaz; 2011-11-01 at 11:31 PM.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    This is so meme-able.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

*whistles quietly*

I really do I hope no rule 34 type stuff is happening in here. You've got a nice thread. Be a shame if, oh, somepenguin came in and had to close it.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #627

Holy damn that looks awesome. Those outfits are absolutely fantastic. I am officially declaring your wedding to be 20% cooler than any other wedding I know of.

Edit: image snipped due to not wanting to bog down the page with .gifs
    I loled.
    Last edited by Bayonet Priest; 2011-11-01 at 11:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #628

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    *whistles quietly*

I really do I hope no rule 34 type stuff is happening in here. You've got a nice thread. Be a shame if, oh, somepenguin came in and had to close it.
    I don't know what you're talking about. We only watch this show for the plot.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Troll in the Playground

Ah, Western Australia; the great, inaccessible desert that we Easterners regard as a mining colony populated by undesirables.
    So basically it's Australia's Australia?

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #630

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    So basically it's Australia's Australia?
    Precisely! Haven't we learned that things always get worse?