New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

The S.S. Marine, is about 3 hours out of Vermillion city. it has a crew of 96, and about 250 passengers, all of whom are trainers of varying level.
    At the top of the ship is the observation deck, the largest room inside is the grand hall contests are held. the Battle Deck is in the front, battles off the the Battle Deck are uninsured(you pay for the damage you cause.).

4 miles away, the Red Current, (time every five years when so many magicarp leave there feading grounds for the vermillion gulf to breed that they form what looks like red rivers in the water) is in full swing.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Kara skipped along the boot humming to herself as Tina, Chuchu, Star, and Toga followed behind him.

Tina was flying on her left side and Star was flying on her right. Chuchu sat on her right shoulder, while Toga was carried in her arms.

Kara had never been on a boat before so each new sight interested her as she went from one side to the other and explored all over. The young girl looked over at the Magikarp and waved doubting they could see her, but still wanting to wave.

She had been a bit nervous when she had first received the invitation to ride along the boat since there was nobody she knew. However, this nervousness had faded when her new friend Tony told her he had also gotten one. Glad that she would know somebody on the boat, she had decided to go along.

It had been a normal day in the forest with her healing her friends, talking to her pokemon neighbors, and eating berries and apples. However, some man with a weird hat and bag of paperthingys had shown up. He had said he was a messenger for some company that Kara didn't recognize and that they were inviting trainers to come along on the trip. Despite the fact that she wasn't a trainer, they had heard about her and wanted her to come along as well.

And so, with invitation in hand, a friend along with her, and her pokemon pals to travel with her, the Viridian Trainer had gone to Vermillion City and boarded the ship.

She had explored the Battle Deck first, but she didn't like seeing all the pokemon fighting for no reason so she had left there. And now she found herself at the front of the boat looking out at the big ocean in wonder.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Meanwhile, in cabin 512...
    "Relax, Lil' Helper. It suits you."
    "Bone, bone! Cubone!"
    The little cubone fidgets on a dresser as Tony inexpertly puts a tie on him, fumbling with the knot. Both are in suits, with a mess of a knot on Tony's tie.
    "Do too know...no, wait. Over...under...should be at the sides...Well, you're hungry and the buffet has some level of etiquette required, right?"
    "Bone?"
    Tony pauses, and thinks.
    "I...you know, that would explain why none of the other pokemon were dressed up. Alright then, you win. Shovels count as formal wear, right?"
    He points to the dinged up shovel, sitting in the corner. Lil' Helper shakes his head rapidly, bone at his side as he begins taking off the itchier parts of his suit.
    "If you say so. We ready then?"
    "Cubone!"
    With a small hop, Lil' Helper dismounts the dresser, and the two go to the door, and out into the hall.
    "Wonder who's around."
    With that, Tony wanders down the hall, headed left. Which, incidentally, is the wrong way.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Slowly, Douglas' eyes opened.

And he immediately wedged them shut again. Mentally, he sighed at himself - every morning he seemed to forget how sensitive his eyes still were. Reaching, he pawed at the nearby desk - when his hand was gasped firmly but gently by a much larger one.

"Ah. Thanks, Truse."

Reaching with his other hand, he took his shaded glasses, putting them on. He could actually get by without them - keep his eyes dimmed until his eyes finally adjusted to the light, but he wasn't supposed to put excess strain on them, so no sense pushing the issue.

The now-darker room was easier on his eyes. He stretched, and hopped up with all the elegance of a brick.

"Choke?"

Truse was holding his satchel. He blinked for a moment, then nodded. "I guess I could use some fresh air. One moment."

The machoke half-smirked - that wasn't quite what he'd been trying to get across, but it was close enough. He watched as Douglas knelt by his carefully positioned eggs for a moment, readjusting one of them. "Ship's movements is making things a little rough. Oh well."

Standing, he reached for Truse's scarf out of habit. "Let's go."

The machoke opened the door, and led the breeder down the hallway - Douglas' sense of coordination was still pretty shot, and the movement of the boat kept him with a firm hand on the machoke's scarf... until he noticed another walking towards him, a cubone a bit behind him. He halted for a moment, watching him walk.

"Hey, wherever you're going, I'm pretty sure it's not that way. I've got the last room in this hall, and it dead ends after that."

The machoke placed one hand on his side, looking down at the cubone with a bit of a curious look.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2011-11-26 at 12:31 AM.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Oh? Sorry, Lil' Helper. Still not used to the ship."
    "Boooone..."
    The little pokemon scurries behind Tony's leg, eying the larger pokemon warily. Tony looks back up at the other person in the hall.
    "Hi. Name's Tony...and you look familiar, sir, but I can't place where. Pretty sure I've met your machoke before, though. Hey, Mr. Machoke. Have we met?"
    (Activating Zoopathy, HP: 75)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-25 at 10:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Truse looked up, from the cubone to the person. Mostly nonplussed by the human being able to speak to him, he responded with a series of 'Choke's, which actually was, "Yours is a face I wouldn't forget. You came to check on Douglas after Guanaco died."

"I don't remember you either, but maybe you've seen Truse around Goldenrod?" Douglas responded, nodding to Truse for a moment, not understanding a word of that. "But where are you going? This ship is pretty huge, but I might be able to help out."

He glanced at the cubone. "The battle deck, maybe?"
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2011-11-26 at 12:30 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony nods and follows along quite easily, chiming in at the end.
    "Right! Hospital, after the explosion! No worries, Guanaco's still comfy on the other side. Reaper said so."
    He peers at Douglas's eyes through the glasses.
    "You ever get your sight back? Oh, and no, just going to feed Lil' Helper. Wanna come with?"
    He picks the cubone up, and holds him in his arms. He waves with the arm not holding his club.
    "Bone!" (If you know where the dining hall is, you are a good person.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-25 at 11:09 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, but I - "

And Douglas recoiled a bit, as if physically struck. "Wait, what?" Who was this guy? How did he know Guanaco? How did he know about the explosion?

Then again, it wasn't exactly a secret back home. Still, who... the hospital? He'd mentioned the hospital, but Douglas didn't actually remember much of the hospital itself.

Although he did remember Raleigh.

"Choke!" (Douglas is good with directions - he'll remember where food is once we walk.)

And with that, Truse took a step forward, gently moving Douglas - who then started walking on his own. "Er, r-right." He said in vague response to Tony's comment about food, as he lost himself in thought for a moment.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony watches the reactions pass on Douglas's face, and frowns, holding Lil' Helper closer.
    "I messed up again, didn't I. Don't be mad, please? I just remember it 'cause the situation surrounding it doesn't happen too often! Please don't be mad, please. Can I try again? Maybe I should try that again. Hi, Doug. My name is Tony Melbourne, and I'm the guy who buried your camerupt while you were busted up, and brought you his soul's last message. He had no regrets, since you are alive. Remember?"
    He shifts Lil' Helper around to a shoulder, and offers a hand to Doug, awkwardly.
    "Pleased to make your acquaintance...erm...again. You have questions, I have answers, and a hungry cubone. Maybe I can better explain this while we go?"
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-25 at 11:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas stopped, and spent a couple moments just staring at Tony.

This was partially as it generally took him a minute to parse information in his head, but also because that did sound familiar. Not really in his core memory - more like a fuzzy feeling of deja vu. This was mixed with an extended swirl of feelings - a conversation about Guanaco was nowhere on his list of expected talks for the day.

Truse nudged him a bit. He glanced at the machoke, who nodded. He then glanced at the outstretched hand he'd been ignoring - upon which he gave it a shake.

"I'm Douglas. Douglas Bóaire."

And after a moment, he forced a smile. "I'd love to hear it - he does seem eager to get food, though, so let's get going."

He turned to walk again, speeding up a bit.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Peter didn't want to be on this boat. He felt nervous, on-edge. He was surrounded by water, and if there was one thing Peter was afraid of, it was water. He couldn't swim, and neither could his Pokemon. Well, except for Chelonii...
    "Tir! Tir!" His Tirtouga was happily swimming in the water off the side of the ship, dipping and diving with some other of the other trainer's Pokemon and s few stray Magikarp that had taken a break from the Red Current.
    Peter lowered the binoculars he was using to view his Pokemon at play. "Well, I guess it's time we got going. Chelonii, playtime's over!" As soon as he had returned her to his pokeball, he checked on his other Pokemon. Eihwaz was running up and down Bulwark's back cheerfully, glad to be in such a sunny location. Bulwark and Brain were observing the other Pokemon and the trainers on the cruise. Valiant was standing next to Peter, looking towards the Battle Deck wistfully. "Valiant, you seem to be in the mood for a battle." "Lar." "Let's head that way. Maybe we'll find a good match. Bulwark, Brain! We're going to the Battle Deck." The Roggenrola jumped onto the Rhyhorn's shoulder and then its back in two swift hops. Its eye squinted, revealing what could possibly be a happy face. "Rola!" The Bonsly hopped over to sit next to the other rider, still cheerful as ever. "Alright, let's get a move on."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Okay then!"
    Visibly relieved, he follows after Truse and Doug.
    "Sorry about that. Sometimes I forget who or what I'm talking to."
    "Cuubone. Ba bone bone." (Sometimes meaning more often than not, Tony. We really have to work on getting you to the point where you don't have to read people's minds just to get through a conversation...)
    "I don't have to resort to that every time. Sometimes I ask trees or their pokemon."
    "Bone." (Sorry, but still as bad.)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-26 at 01:04 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by PresentPresence View Post
    "Valiant, you seem to be in the mood for a battle." "Lar." "Let's head that way. Maybe we'll find a good match. Bulwark, Brain! We're going to the Battle Deck." The Roggenrola jumped onto the Rhyhorn's shoulder and then its back in two swift hops. Its eye squinted, revealing what could possibly be a happy face. "Rola!" The Bonsly hopped over to sit next to the other rider, still cheerful as ever. "Alright, let's get a move on."
    the battle deck is a fluster of activity. there are ten league approved battle rinks, as well as enough space for a dozen more flexible battle types. There are all kinds of trainers of all ages, from battered veterans, to a few who could pass for children.
    The first thing you see entering is a sign reminding you that even at sea the "earthquake" attack is very dangerous to those on shore and will be inefectivon the ship, followed by other similar notices
    Last edited by ReivaxTL; 2011-11-26 at 01:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

When Peter arrives at the Battle Deck, he and Valiant scout out potential opponents. There are all sorts of levels of trainers, and he didn't want to fight someone who was out of his league. Still, he appreciates a challenge, and wouldn't back down if somebody decided to challenge him. "Look tough, everybody. You too, Chelonii." He sent out his last Pokemon, rounding out his entourage. They each put on their own personal impression of "looking tough". Eihwaz gave his best eyebrow raise, Bulwark hunched his shoulders to try to look bigger, Brain somehow furrowed her ear, Chelonii crossed her fins, and Valiant put on a pair of his favorite sunglasses. "That's...not too shabby."

15. - Top - End - #15

When Peter arrives at the Battle Deck, he and Valiant scout out potential opponents. There are all sorts of levels of trainers, and he didn't want to fight someone who was out of his league. Still, he appreciates a challenge, and wouldn't back down if somebody decided to challenge him. "Look tough, everybody. You too, Chelonii." He sent out his last Pokemon, rounding out his entourage. They each put on their own personal impression of "looking tough". Eihwaz gave his best eyebrow raise, Bulwark hunched his shoulders to try to look bigger, Brain somehow furrowed her ear, Chelonii crossed her fins, and Valiant put on a pair of his favorite sunglasses. "That's...not too shabby."
    you are approached by a young girl with a very strange looking scyther* hey! you looking for a battle? She asks I have been looking for some one tough to train some newer pokemon on.

Spoiler
    Show
    *she is about 3 feet tall which makes her long coat look more silly then dramatic, and her baggy clothse make her look even younger then she is. Her Scyther is Salamence blue , it seems to have scales instead of plates, and its wings seem a bit leathery for a bug pokemon.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas' spirits became high again as he stepped onto the main deck - brisk sea air rushing past his face. He did enjoy being on boats - although as he was forced to clutch heavily on Truse for a moment as the boat shifted ever so slightly, he could do without the balance problems boats caused.

He'd never been terribly coordinated, but the doctor said his balance should return to at least moderate levels eventually.

He stopped, as did Truse - waiting a bit for Tony to catch up. "It's not too far now, just down there, belowdeck."

Discussion was still just a little uncomfortable, thus he kept going. "So that's... uh, little helper, right? He looks pretty happy to be around you."

Truse was actually focusing on looking at the other people on the upper deck as they kept walking.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Bored and not finding anyone Kara sighed and headed back the the battle deck. It seemed like everyone was hanging out there being mean to their pokemon.

She knew it was a boat for pokemon trainer's but it was still lame that they were all fighting. Finally after skipping around the boat she arrived at the battle deck.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Yeah. I began raising him after his parents passed on. Kinda like a crazy pink uncle."
    He looks where Doug points.
    "Thanks, Doug. Say, have you encountered mystics before, by any chance? If so, this becomes a lot easier to explain."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-26 at 04:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReivaxTL View Post
    You are approached by a young girl with a very strange looking Scyther. "Hey! You looking for a battle?", she asks. "I have been looking for someone tough to train some newer Pokemon on."
    "Someone tough, huh. Tough happens to be my middle name. Peter Tough St-...um Stallone."* He points to his Larvitar. "Valiant here's been itching for a battle ever since we got on this boat. That rink over there seems empty." They head over to one of the empty rinks and stand on opposite sides. "What are the rules for the match?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter tries to hide his identity when he can. His father is famous and wealthy, and not only does he want to avoid prejudice, but there have been times in the past when criminal organizations have tried to kidnap him.
    Last edited by PresentPresence; 2011-11-26 at 04:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Douglas waited to respond until they were out of the doorway, and thus in the actual food cabin. It took a moment to find a seat due to the plethora of people therein - the servers were more than a little swamped, so it'd probably be a little bit.

"Mystic? Like Xatu?" He asked - Xatu was the 'mystic pokemon' after all, if he recalled correctly. But that brought up a second theory, which also would've explained a thing or two, "Oh, is that a kind of psychic?"

Truse, for his part, attempted to wave down a server whenever they came nearby - which once earned the group a hurried, "I'll be right with you!" for his trouble.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

21. - Top - End - #21

"Someone tough, huh. Tough happens to be my middle name. Peter Tough St-...um Stallone."* He points to his Larvitar. "Valiant here's been itching for a battle ever since we got on this boat. That rink over there seems empty." They head over to one of the empty rinks and stand on opposite sides. "What are the rules for the match?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Peter tries to hide his identity when he can. His father is famous and wealthy, and not only does he want to avoid prejudice, but there have been times in the past when criminal organizations have tried to kidnap him.
    How does and 3 vs 3 league battle sound?Dragon here is extremely lazy, she says pointing at the scyther. but my other pokemon could use a stretch. she then unleashes a wheel shaped pokemon, and what looks like a surskit except three times bigger.

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Douglas waited to respond until they were out of the doorway, and thus in the actual food cabin. It took a moment to find a seat due to the plethora of people therein - the servers were more than a little swamped, so it'd probably be a little bit.

"Mystic? Like Xatu?" He asked - Xatu was the 'mystic pokemon' after all, if he recalled correctly. But that brought up a second theory, which also would've explained a thing or two, "Oh, is that a kind of psychic?"
    the food cabin is very crowed, not only with trainers but many also have pokemon out. Most of the people are mingling, but the rangers(characterized by the scared, yet meticulously neat appearance, that they sared with their pokemon) tended to keep away from the coordinators(characterized by their polished yet eccentric style), and the coordinators shared the sentiment.

Truse, for his part, attempted to wave down a server whenever they came nearby - which once earned the group a hurried, "I'll be right with you!" for his trouble.
    The waiters obviously used to that sort of thing, gave truce a just a minute look, and met eyes with the room security to make sure they were watching.
    Last edited by ReivaxTL; 2011-11-26 at 07:18 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony sits down across from Doug, after finding a booster seat for Lil' Helper.
    "Eh...not quite, but close. Though that does remind me to look for one. More like I can channel pokemon like Truse or Lil' Helper-see through their eyes, understand what they say, borrow powers-that kind of thing, and deal with the occult. Such as, well, talking to the dead when they have not found their rest, which is a bit of a specialty. Like Guanaco, before I promised to tell you. Or the aerodactyl ghost in Eucreteak a few years back that wanted to protect its eggs even in death. Though I did come onboard with someone who's psychic, if you want to meet one."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-26 at 08:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

This again took Douglas a moment - he was a firm believer in taking your time to make sure you get the right answer.

See through a pokemon's eyes? Talk to pokemon?

He'd heard of people who could do that - well, who could do the latter anyway - but never figured he'd meet one. He glanced at Truse for a moment, who glanced back. Maybe that's why Truse seemed comfortable around him... although then again, Truse seemed comfortable around everybody.

Borrowing powers and talking to ghosts was a bit harder of a pill to swallow. On the one hand, he did seem to know Guanaco, but on the other hand it wasn't exactly a secret event. Still, he was a decent judge of personalities - this 'Tony' didn't seem like a bad guy - so it didn't hurt to at least humor him.

"That's okay - I was just curious. I haven't heard of a... a mystic before, though." He glanced back at Truse. "I guess I never thought about not having someone to actually talk to. So you spoke with Guanaco after... wards."

Truse gave a look around as Douglas spoke, before again focusing on Lil' Helper.

"Well, I'm glad he's happy, then." Or at least, he sure hoped so. Douglas readjusted his glasses. "Actually, though, if your psychic friend might want food, maybe we should get him now. This wait is only gonna get longer as time goes on, heh."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Her. Her name's Kara, and I don't know where she would be. First time on a boat and all. As for talking afterwards, well, most people and pokemon just go. But it's nice being there for the ones who need it. Besides, talking to the dead's not really any different from me talking to my sableye, or a standard ghost type, right? Just...possibly morbid, now that I think about it."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-26 at 09:44 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Bored and not finding anyone Kara sighed and headed back the the battle deck. It seemed like everyone was hanging out there being mean to their pokemon.

She knew it was a boat for pokemon trainer's but it was still lame that they were all fighting. Finally after skipping around the boat she arrived at the battle deck.
    The battle deck is a sight tom see for sure. The place looks like a fortress turned inside out. there are about a dozen battles happening between all manner of pokemon, and room for at least as many more; the "deck" is made of concrete but covered in dirt, with a canal ruing through the middle for river pokemon.

suddenly you hear a voice behind you say"Stunning isn't it? how willing, and even eager they are to fight without reason."*

Spoiler
    Show
    * if you look back you will see an older man with a short, neatly kept beard, short white hair, and a well kept officer uniform for a ranger. On his shoulder is what looks like a charizard, but is about the size of a cat.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, her then. Just checking in case."

Douglas shifted in his seat, nodding after the first half of the response. He was mildly amused, however; why was meeting Kara suggested if he didn't know where she was? Still, no matter - he could be absent minded sometimes and had no desire to be rude.

"I definitely understand wanting to help pokemon." He placed his hands in his arms for a moment, elbows on the table. "I don't think I could really envy you that job, though - meeting with a lot of pokemon who haven't rested peacefully means you've been witness to a lot of tragedy. Going through that for others shows a pretty determined heart."

And finally, there was the waiter. "So thank you for wanting to help Guanaco." Douglas finished, as the waiter finally stepped forward. "You might want to try the buffet." He added, while requesting the same.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony watches Doug leave, before looking to Lil' Helper.
    "...I'm messing up somewhere still, aren't I."
    "Cu cu?" (How should I know?)
    With a mutual shrug, they head over to the buffet. They'd find Kara later. He quickly glances to the waiter.
    "Sorry to bug you."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2011-11-27 at 01:28 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The battle deck is a sight tom see for sure. The place looks like a fortress turned inside out. there are about a dozen battles happening between all manner of pokemon, and room for at least as many more; the "deck" is made of concrete but covered in dirt, with a canal ruing through the middle for river pokemon.

suddenly you hear a voice behind you say"Stunning isn't it? how willing, and even eager they are to fight without reason."*

Spoiler
    Show
    * if you look back you will see an older man with a short, neatly kept beard, short white hair, and a well kept officer uniform for a ranger. On his shoulder is what looks like a charizard, but is about the size of a cat.
    As Kara looks behind her she glances at the old man and the strange thing on his shoulder. As she looks at the pokemon she speaks to it with her special telepathic bond between pokemon.

Hi! I'm Kara! Ummm, I don't think I've seen a pokemon like you. What's your name? Is this guy nice to you? She thinks with a friendly smile. She loved pokemon.

Realizing she was ignoring the old man and probably looking weird she quickly looked back at him, "Oh...um, I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be ummm rude..." She mumbles softly and shyly. "It's more saddening actually...I can understand fighting in self-defense or fighting to protect your friends...but why do they fight and hurt each other needlessly?" She asked sadly as she glanced over at the battle deck. "It seems strange to force your friends to fight..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

"How does a 3 vs 3 league battle sound?"
    "Sounds like a plan. Valiant, you're up first. You guys watch the battle - maybe you'll learn something." The Larvitar managed to contain its excitement as it stepped into the ring. "Is there a ref' around here or something? Not that I don't trust you, just figured we would have some semblance of formality on this ship."