New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

smile Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

I understand you think he's too powerful, I'll just get rid of the medical, I'm already planning another character anyhow.

I don't know how she'd get involved, I just wanted to some how. But, since I'm not on much anyway, probably wouldn't work out well.

Alrighty, goign to edit my characters, tell ya when I'm done.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: NarutoITP OOC IV: Exam Time! Shouldn't Hurt a Bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Me. View Post
    I understand you think he's too powerful, I'll just get rid of the medical, I'm already planning another character anyhow.

I don't know how she'd get involved, I just wanted to some how. But, since I'm not on much anyway, probably wouldn't work out well.

Alrighty, goign to edit my characters, tell ya when I'm done.
    Might I make a suggestion? You already have two characters. One of them not even in play. Slow down, its not a character race Get the characters you -do- have established first.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Might I make a suggestion? You already have two characters. One of them not even in play. Slow down, its not a character race Get the characters you -do- have established first.
    I agree with this. Give yourself time to get some more posts laid down.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

4. - Top - End - #364
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

Finished editing, I hope *GULP*

I understand what you're saying, and I wasn't planning on making her soon, I just have on overactive imagination and a significant lack of a life. I'm like constantly thinking of characters, I've already thought of dozens more for ACRO and town things, just haven't made them yet, so don't worry, I wasn't planning to.
    Last edited by Me.; 2010-02-26 at 11:19 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

@ Me.: A bit of advice on adjusting power levels:

1) We're all basically using the canon manga as a measuring stick as to how powerful a character is (or at least, I get the impression that that's how we're doing things). Genin tend to have a certain level of power, except for the truly unique ones like Gaara and post-timeskip Naruto; chuunin also tend to be at a certain level; and the same for jounin, kage, and missing-nin from Akatsuki/Shoku. If you haven't already, I would suggest giving the manga another look-see to get a feel for how powerful each level of ninja is.

2) Think, very carefully, about the logical consequences of having certain powers. Remember how everyone panicked when Prime suggested his "I touch you and you blow up" character? Prime already gimped that character with the fact that the character had no ninja training, which cuts off a lot of his options in combat, and even then it was considered to be overpowered, because think about it: if that character touched anyone, ANYONE, from a genin to a kage to the leader of Shoku himself, the victim would be dead. Only plot armor can salvage such a situation, and no one wants that. Likewise, think about the consequences of being skilled in 3 different elements on top of medical ninjutsu. Imagine the options the character has in combat. With medical ninjutsu; he can heal himself, he can mess around with a person's physiology simply by contact, he can more efficiently defeat his enemies because of his knowledge of anatomy. etc. Throw 3 elements on top of this: you've got ice jutsu which is rare and therefore more difficult to defend against. You've got wind and water; due to the way they're positioned on the chakra cycle, wind's natural weakness against fire is easily compensated by water, so you're that much less vulnerable against other elemental jutsu. So you've got at least 4 different ways to attack an enemy, more if your character can also perform taijutsu and genjutsu; think about how powerful this is.

3) As a general rule, the more distinct "areas" of ability a ninja has, the more powerful he is. "Areas" include different elements; a ninja who has mastery over both fire and earth jutsu is, all other things being equal, going to be more powerful than a ninja who has mastery over only 1 element. Being able to mix elements counts as another area, and is something that only fairly powerful ninja ought to have--if a genin has it, then it must be toned down a bit, since being able to mix elements implies that one is already skilled in 2 elements. Medical ninjutsu is yet another area. Eye techniques also count, as do skill in genjutsu and taijutsu, each. The more areas of skill, the more options available, and thus more power. Plus, having a long resume of abilities is pretty intimidating to look at.

As the others have said, this isn't a race to see how many characters we can pump out. This is a team, freeform roleplaying game; what you do affects others, and especially in this game with no clear rules to follow except for intuition, it's especially important to sit back and think about the logical consequences of your actions. Thus, in the future, try to hypothesize what sort of impact your character will have on the story, and adjust accordingly. Don't just whip up a character and throw him or her into the roleplay (unless it's just a throw-away character). Think carefully about what effect that character will have on all of us. Always remember: you're not alone in this game. Other people are playing too.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2010-02-26 at 11:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Me.
    Guest in the Playground

I get it. I never try to make people too powerful, I just think of them and they end up too strong, so...

I'll try to remember that *cough* "I'm not alone" *said in dramatic tone and epic pose* thanks.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Me.: On getting involved in the Chuunin Exams, it depends on what you are talking about...do you mean the Chuunin Exams as in the actual set of tests or the Chuunin Exams as all the events that surround the Chuunin Exams and the tests themselves? One is easier to accomodate for while the other is less so considering both of your characters are from Suna and the test is taking place in Konoha.

On different people observing the exams: The closest that non-exams related personal, jounin instructors, or the Hokage can get to observing the second part of the exam would be a surveillance room within the testing grounds. The leader of a visiting nation and any they deem important enough to view it can watch what they can from there. Other then that, it can't be allowed because it allows too many chances for outside forces to try and manipulate the outcome of the Exams. The third part is the part of the exams when people will be able to openly watch and cheer and so on.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm...I've noticed that Kasanip's drawn quite a few characters from this RP.

If no one minds...for the Naruto ITP characters that have a sketch, would it be possible to include those images in the characters' respective Character Registry thread posts? I find that being able to visualize a character makes it easier to RP.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Hmm...I've noticed that Kasanip's drawn quite a few characters from this RP.

If no one minds...for the Naruto ITP characters that have a sketch, would it be possible to include those images in the characters' respective Character Registry thread posts? I find that being able to visualize a character makes it easier to RP.
    Most of them should be with their Wiki-entry. Or at least I've made an effort to include the pictures of a character with their character page.

Edit: And considering some of the changes Prime 32 has made to the wiki, could I get an updated list of what the Bijuu are? After which, when not updating the exam, I'll get to work on bloodlines.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2010-02-27 at 03:11 AM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    On different people observing the exams: The closest that non-exams related personal, jounin instructors, or the Hokage can get to observing the second part of the exam would be a surveillance room within the testing grounds. The leader of a visiting nation and any they deem important enough to view it can watch what they can from there. Other then that, it can't be allowed because it allows too many chances for outside forces to try and manipulate the outcome of the Exams. The third part is the part of the exams when people will be able to openly watch and cheer and so on.
    Once the 2nd part gets going, how hard will it be for a single, totally innocent weapons merchant to slip into the test area?
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Really, KnightD. I don't need to drive anywhere, the subway serves me just fine and it's nicer to the environment. I'm an eco-nazi, so I'm never going to get my license as long as I live! (But if I see any good-looking ferarris, I may change my mind.)

EDIT: It was fun to quote that-an Icelandic guy said that (a tour guide). When we passed a large statue, he tells us, "Zat iss ze moss cellybratid Viking to evah leev. We cellybrate heess birt day every yeer."

And so I ask him, "What did this Viking do to become so respected?"

"He keel preests."
    I think he was named 'Prieskiller' and was a king of sweden at some point, given how priests were usually treated by vikings, that's a pretty impressive name to get.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Let's put it another way. If you can't buy booze yet, you don't get to call anyone "whippersnappers", or use "back in my day". It should be law.

Edit: Yeah. So no using "whippersnappers" for you, Moon Wolf.
    I can't legally buy it but I sure as hell can buy it. Which finally provides useful, 'cause I'm against alcohol anyway so it wouldn't normally mean a thing to me if I were allowed to
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Once the 2nd part gets going, how hard will it be for a single, totally innocent weapons merchant to slip into the test area?
    Extraordinarily hard. There are going to be several ninja watching the fences, specifically to prevent cheaters from hopping in there.

The grounds are also under surveillance, albeit not every inch or some such. But enough to say "that dude doesn't belong there".

Try it, and assuming the Hokage or similar individuals don't try to stop the intruder, Sokaku will.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachtime!

"All those jellyfish better watch out, because Hoshiko-neesan's going to get some cool sharks!
    ...But let's play volleyball away from the water."

Spoiler
    Show

Kasanip's Sketchbook 2 Thread
    It is difficult to speak English, please excuse mistakes kindly m(_ _)m

14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm glad I could start up a little nostalgia hour. And I'm finally back for normal for the most part.

BTW: Why do all "back in my day" flashbacks involve snow!

P.S. I finished updating my cheat post for Raikou. It doesn't make much sense and would probably never work but I'm just gonna use it cause I didn't want to make you all wait just because I couldn't think of a way to cheat.
    Last edited by IcemanJRC; 2010-02-27 at 10:54 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post

BTW: Why do all "back in my day" flashbacks involve snow!
    I believe the original 'back in my days' involved walking uphill in snow (BOTH WAYS!) so the rest uses the too.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I believe the original 'back in my days' involved walking uphill in snow (BOTH WAYS!) so the rest uses the too.
    It's true. All 'back in my day' things involve walking uphill both ways in the snow. It's sad, but it's funny.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

17. - Top - End - #377

I wanna know how walking uphill both ways works.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Rule of fun, of course. What did you expect?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

19. - Top - End - #379

Yea, that's true...

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

It is not so rare to happen. You have a mountain or hill between you and school.
    I had to walk in the snow in january. I was sick after that week
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-27 at 01:13 PM.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

A couple..a small dip between your destinations insures you go uphill AND downhill both ways.

You could be going someplace completely separate on the way back.

Somebody could move your house while your gone, further up the hill.

22. - Top - End - #382

All of those would be not nice places to live if you had to walk everywhere.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

I think "uphill both ways" is supposed to imply that the reminiscer is going senile.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Most of them should be with their Wiki-entry. Or at least I've made an effort to include the pictures of a character with their character page.

...huh. So they are. Cool.

Updated list, for lulz:

Yasuko (Purple): no cheating, finished test through academic knowledge
    Nero (Silverraptor): no cheating, finished test through academic knowledge; passed info to teammates
    Matsu Moroha (MageSparrow, godmoded by Moon): cheated, used knowledge provided by Tailed Beast
    Tenyama Ryuu (Zersk): no cheating, finished test through academic knowledge
    Fuuyama Ayame (Zersk): cheated, used acute sense of hearing to discern written answers off of Ryuu
    Ito Kaede (Shades): no cheating, finished test through academic knowledge
    Ishida (Innis): no cheating, finished test through academic knowledge
    Yua Rin (Callos): cheated, spied on Tomoya via ninjutsu.
    Aokigami Yuu (Keveak): cheated, received info from teammate Nero
    Kurotou (Fan: this character doesn't seem to be registered anywhere. ): cheated, received info (painfully) from "Momo"
    Watanabe Takeshi (Falgorn): cheated, looked for reflections of papers
    Sunadou Kyougou (Lord Asmodeus): cheated, increased senses
    "Momo"/Rei (not really a genin, but oh well: Callos): cheated, knew answers beforehand
    Kita (Shades of Gray): cheated, sneezed in order to peek at Kaede's paper)
    Iwao (KnightDisciple): cheated, sensed vibrations of how answers were being written--passed info to teammates
    Gan (13_CBS): cheated, got info from Iwao via coded vibrations
    Coro (Silverraptor): cheated, got info from Iwao via coded vibrations
    Raikou Haru (Iceman): cheated, nearby test taker left his paper behind while being escorted out of the room

The following genin have not cheated, or otherwise finished their exams:

Kai Arezawa (Dorizzit)
    Nara Hari (OverWilliam): will be handled soon enough.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    It is not so rare to happen. You have a mountain or hill between you and school.
    I had to walk in the snow in january. I was sick after that week
    I had to walk in the snow to school each day from January to late February, ending last week when Spring decided to ruin my winter, I enjoyed it quite much.

Everyone's different it seems
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    I had to walk in the snow to school each day from January to late February, ending last week when Spring decided to ruin my winter, I enjoyed it quite much.

Everyone's different it seems
    Hmm...I don't know for sure, but I get the impression that, in a lot of Japanese schools, jackets are part of the uniform too, so students may not be able to bundle up as much as they'd like in winter. Thus, walking through snow might not be the most exciting prospect for Japanese uniform-wearing students. (Again, I don't know for sure--I'm only making a guess).

That, or Kasanip's sensitive to the cold.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm sick too-I've been literally unable to speak whatsoever since Thursday aftenoon. Which sucks because how am I supposed to cheer during the gold medal hockey game if my voice is gone?

Wait, I know...

NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Hmm...I don't know for sure, but I get the impression that, in a lot of Japanese schools, jackets are part of the uniform too, so students may not be able to bundle up as much as they'd like in winter. Thus, walking through snow might not be the most exciting prospect for Japanese uniform-wearing students. (Again, I don't know for sure--I'm only making a guess).

That, or Kasanip's sensitive to the cold.
    Everything. I have "low blood pressure." So I am sensitive to the cold.

Jacket is part of uniform. So is the skirt. Our school PE clothing doesn't request the tracksuit, so we only could wear shorts underneath.
    But to keep warm mostly we use a "Kairo". It's a "Pocket Warmer" in english. It is very warm, but it only is warm in some parts of your body, so you can easily be sick in cold weather if you try to survive on this.
    Because of the snow, I could not ride my bicycle, so it takes walking about an hour or so. I do like snow, but it makes life difficult.
    Last edited by Kasanip; 2010-02-27 at 03:26 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey Kasanip, you mentioned earlier that the song in the Momo Hijack was from K-on!. That's the one with the girls in the light music club/band, right?

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    Because of the snow, I could not ride my bicycle, so it takes walking about an hour or so.
    I hear you. I love my bike, and it's pretty much the only reason why I get to classes on time in college (I have to walk all over campus to get to certain classrooms). But snow...kind of puts a crimp in everything.

Riding bikes in snow, even in slush, is a bad, bad idea.