New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Here's an idea for the area where souls go (schematic obviously based on Deep Sea schema from Wikipedia):

Arborean Zone: The Arborean Zone is the home of the souls of beings blessed by the more benevolent deities. It's small area is scarcely inhabited, as rare are souls pious enough to be chosen by the gods.

Dimidian Zone: I didn't develop much this area, so you can do what you want with it.

Baatorian Zone: You probably know more about this zone then I do.

False Abyss: The False Abyss is the equivalent of the Infinite Layers of the Abyss. Although this area appears to be small, it is in fact very wide.

Abyssal Zone: The souls of the common people go there. Not much is known about this area, except that it is aquatic in nature and the souls there slowly transform into crustacean-like horrors.

Hadean Zone: The less you know about this place, the better. The beings that dwell are too alien to be comprehended by normal eyes and are apparently unable to escape the Hadean Zone.

What do you think ?

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim ranger View Post
    Bit of questions regarding to FI and UNA

1.Does UNA have armed forces of each of it's member nations fully at it's disposal, or just UNA Peacekeepers?

2. How likely is that bad guys (read: those working for UNA, expecially UNIA) know each other in some level in time of FI, as they all work for same organization and are likely to meet each other during assigments?

3.Who rank highest in UNA:s most wanted list?

4.UNA:s rudimentary power structure?

5.What is UNIA:s powerbase in FI?
    1. The UNA has the ability to summon the armed forces of its members nation and decide where to send them only in cases of emergency.

2. Likely.

3. Igon Minoblendy, then Klaus Schloss.

4. Officially, the UNA is commanded by a Secretary-General (in 1526, it was Oscar of Salmonville). The armed forces of the UNA are based upon Navy ranks, with Admiral of the Navy as commander-in-chief (I have a character for that, I'll post it as soon as I find a name for her). Unofficially, Ins can intervene upon any decisions.

5. In order: Kashu (Tajira), Salmonville (Salmon Empire) and Blauport (Pericle Island).
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-01-04 at 04:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have my idea of the cosmology.

There are several absolute planes. Hades (Evil), Mechanus (Law), Elysium (Good), and limbo (Chaos)

Each of those planes corresponds to an element and a concept (Evil, Fire, Destruction), (Chaos, Spontaneity, Air), (Good, Sustenance, Water), and (Law, Graduality, Earth).

Several planes intersect those, and some have more influence in one aspect than the other (Gehenna exemplifies Evil more than law, whereas Acheron exemplifies eternal battle, Graduality)

The energy of those planes, since they are close togehter, creates a by-product plane, a harmony of each type (Baator, Arborea, Abyss, Celestia)

EDIT: Added Cooler Visuals

Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-01-04 at 04:01 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1233

@MM; What's it for?
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    I have my idea of the cosmology.

There are several absolute planes. Hades (Evil), Mechanus (Law), Elysium (Good), and limbo (Chaos)

Each of those planes corresponds to an element and a concept (Evil, Fire, Destruction), (Chaos, Spontaneity, Air), (Good, Sustenance, Water), and (Law, Graduality, Earth).

Several planes intersect those, and some have more influence in one aspect than the other (Gehenna exemplifies Evil more than law, whereas Acheron exemplifies eternal battle, Graduality)

The energy of those planes, since they are close togehter, creates a by-product plane, a harmony of each type (Baator, Arborea, Abyss, Celestia)

Not bad.
    My cosmology will focus on avoiding the typical D&D planes. There will be a few new ones, and things will look quite different from the classic 'circles' format.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Halfling in the Playground

I actually like both SoG and MM planes, which is quite bad, cause they are quite in conflict with each other

Also, MM, thanks for liking my idea.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

I've finished a wider map of the "planes".

The God Isles are demiplanes built especially for the gods. Other demiplanes are extremely small and cannot be seen. The Afterlife is the area documented in my first post of this page. The Plane of Shadow is used to transport between "planes".
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-01-04 at 04:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

I have updated the wiki page on Distantous to include a lot more info on it. What do you all think?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Banned

I'm almost done with my cosmology, guys. Just so you all know. It will not contain the Afterlife/God Planes because they should be separate from the others (i.e., anybody shouldn't be able to reach them with a Plane Shift)

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I've finished a wider map of the "planes".

The God Isles are demiplanes built especially for the gods. Other demiplanes are extremely small and cannot be seen. The Afterlife is the area documented in my first post of this page. The Plane of Shadow is used to transport between "planes".
    You forgot the Realm of Death, That's where I live! :D

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    I have updated the wiki page on Distantous to include a lot more info on it. What do you all think?
    WARNING: Honest Criticism ! May be dangerous to your ego ! Open at your own risk !
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although interesting, many parts do not make much sense. Oval, triangle and square continents ? "Laws" based on video games ? Banning magic to make a city Sci-Fi ? And how old are you, Q ?

It's also the largest article on the wiki. Even Religion in Avbaroy is smaller !

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Not bad.
    My cosmology will focus on avoiding the typical D&D planes. There will be a few new ones, and things will look quite different from the classic 'circles' format.
    I look forward to it. I'd like to combine all three of the ideas into one fleshed out cosmology.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-01-04 at 04:36 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Brown Town
    So...who exactly lives in crapcity ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Banned

Okay, I'm done.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a bit complex, I'm afraid. The small bar which is connected to the Elemental Planes and the Planes of Nature is the major planes. The subplanes are planes only accessible through the main ones which are connected. The Elemental Plane, for example, is extremely hazardous, possessing qualities from all the elemental planes. The portals to teh subplanes are found in dangerous places like volcanoes and cloudbanks.
    The pink represents the miscellaneous minor subplanes, i.e. the Plane of Ponds and the Plane of Amphibians (there are so few types of amphibians, it is generally deemed a minor plane).
    Note that the planes close together are planes that are related, i.e. the Elemental Plane is close to the Plane of Nature because they are very similar. And the Ethereal Plane and the Plane of Shadow are close to the Material Plane for the same reason.
    I'll understand if people don't want to use this, it is rather radical. However, I will NOT understand if people ignore it like they seem to do with all my ideas.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-04 at 04:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, I'm done.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a bit complex, I'm afraid. The small bar which is connected to the Elemental Planes and the Planes of Nature is the major planes. The subplanes are planes only accessible through the main ones which are connected. The Elemental Plane, for example, is extremely hazardous, possessing qualities from all the elemental planes. The portals are found in dangerous places like volcanoes and cloudbanks.
    The pink represents the miscellaneous minor subplanes, i.e. the Plane of Ponds and the Plane of Amphibians (there are so few types of amphibians, it is generally deemed a minor plane).
    Note that the planes close together are planes that are related, i.e. the Elemental Plane is close to the Plane of Nature because they are very similar. And the Ethereal Plane and the Plane of Shadow are close to the Material Plane for the same reason.
    I'll understand if people don't want to use this, it is rather radical. However, I will NOT understand if people ignore it like they seem to do with all my ideas.
    Your forgot Amphibians and fish.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Your forgot Amphibians and fish.
    ...I was running out of colors. The cosmology was more to explain teh basics.
    And I specifically said why I didn't include amphibians!!! Why do you never read what I write?

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, I'm done.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's a bit complex, I'm afraid. The small bar which is connected to the Elemental Planes and the Planes of Nature is the major planes. The subplanes are planes only accessible through the main ones which are connected. The Elemental Plane, for example, is extremely hazardous, possessing qualities from all the elemental planes. The portals to teh subplanes are found in dangerous places like volcanoes and cloudbanks.
    I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Why need a plane of nature ? Life is not native to Avbaroy, and you can't simply categorise it in so few categories.

What we should understand is that "planes" should be designed out of necessity. I think that we need only the Afterlife and the Demiplanes. I'll make a detailed model of this soon.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

...I was running out of colors. The cosmology was more to explain teh basics.
    And I specifically said why I didn't include amphibians!!! Why do you never read what I write?
    Because it's too long.

I haz a better idea, why don't we come up with a list of all the planes we want, and then when we have an agreement on the one's we want/need we'll draw a thingy up.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-01-04 at 04:54 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Next Up with CoABR

Mechafox

My word! This certainly has turned into a regular brawl!

I do say I must blast you with darkness now.

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Troll in the Playground

WARNING: Honest Criticism ! May be dangerous to your ego ! Open at your own risk !
    Spoiler
    Show
    Although interesting, many parts do not make much sense. Oval, triangle and square continents ? "Laws" based on video games ? Banning magic to make a city Sci-Fi ? And how old are you, Q ?

It's also the largest article on the wiki. Even Religion in Avbaroy is smaller !
    I guess it dosen't make sense in some parts, but that's because I didn't exactly know how to discribe most of the stuff.

Basically how the OOTS world laws are of the D&D universe, there are several different types of laws for these worlds, like from certain videogames. The continents Oval, Triangle and Square the their names because of their shape. As for the magic, I don't see how that dosen't make sense. Some cities wish to have a sci-fi theme, so maic is not allowed to be practiced.

I had a lot of stuff to write about it, but I suppose it's not really needed. I think I'll delete it and save it for something else (if I ever make an independant wiki just for my comics).

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    So...who exactly lives in crapcity ?
    Well, nobody notable.It was shown at the beginning of My Name is Q, though.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-01-04 at 04:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Banned

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand. Why need a plane of nature ? Life is not native to Avbaroy, and you can't simply categorise it in so few categories.

What we should understand is that "planes" should be designed out of necessity. I think that we need only the Afterlife and the Demiplanes. I'll make a detailed model of this soon.
    Hence the pink. But why do we need to have minimal planes? That just make sit harder for, say, Oliver. He's a Journeyman of the Planes! He needs enough planes to mimic!
    And I didn't say life was native to Avbaroy. Avbaroy is inside the Material Plane. You can go to whatever planet you like, you'll still be in the Material Plane. Likewise, you'll still be able to Plane Shift to say, the Plane of Nature. I don't really understand why you're trying to minimize the planes.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Hence the pink. But why do we need to have minimal planes? That just make sit harder for, say, Oliver. He's a Journeyman of the Planes! He needs enough planes to mimic!
    And I didn't say life was native to Avbaroy. Avbaroy is inside the Material Plane. You can go to whatever planet you like, you'll still be in the Material Plane. Likewise, you'll still be able to Plane Shift to say, the Plane of Nature. I don't really understand why you're trying to minimize the planes.
    Why do we need a Plane of Nature and an Elemental Plane ? Surely matter (and life) can be said to be native to the "Material Plane".

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Banned

Why do we need a Plane of Nature and an Elemental Plane ? Surely matter (and life) can be said to be native to the "Material Plane".
    My idea was that the Material Plane is sort of the finished product. The other planes would be sort of the tools, all coming together to make the 'main' plane. Obviously, not popular, but oh well.
    I vote for Oliver's version. Because only a few planes would suck, in my opinion.

22. - Top - End - #1252

The point of the material plane (in D&D) is to encompass all of the inner planes, fire, water, earth, air, positive, and negative. It is the mix of these planes. The elemental planes take one chunk out of the material plane, and make it pretty much dominant (hence why fire spells are boosted in the plane of fire, and water is weakened). The mix of these elemental planes are what makes up nature, and life and death (positive and negative)

23. - Top - End - #1253

SoG version closer to DnD version, which means that magic spells and what not make a bit more sense than they would otherwise.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    The point of the material plane (in D&D) is to encompass all of the inner planes, fire, water, earth, air, positive, and negative. It is the mix of these planes. The elemental planes take one chunk out of the material plane, and make it pretty much dominant (hence why fire spells are boosted in the plane of fire, and water is weakened). The mix of these elemental planes are what makes up nature, and life and death (positive and negative)
    Yeah, that was sort of my idea too. Except, I wanted to make it particularly so. More so than in D&D. I guess I'll save it for my homebrew....

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that I'm in a sort of "ideological conflict" with your ideas. My vision of Avbaroy's universe is more ground to earth, "low fantasy" type, with the universe being created by the Big Bang and not by some sort of supernatural deity or concept, and the "planes" being simply sub-atomic areas in the Galactic Centre of the Milky Way.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-01-04 at 05:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Banned

I think that I'm in a sort of "ideological conflict" with your ideas. My vision of Avbaroy's universe is more ground to earth, "low fantasy" type, with the universe being created by the Big Bang and not by some sort of supernatural deity or concept, and the "planes" being simply sub-atomic areas in the Galactic Centre of the Milky Way.
    And therein lies our disagreement. I like fantasy, while you seem to...not.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

And therein lies our disagreement. I like fantasy, while you seem to...not.
    I like low fantasy, actually.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Banned

I like low fantasy, actually.
    Well, I like fantasy, but there is no fantasy that cannot be improved with gunpowder. 'Cause kobolds wieldin' guns are awesomesauce.

29. - Top - End - #1259

How about a comprimise. The big bang happened because the elemental planes were mixing, merging, and destroying each other. Because of this raw elemental energy the universe (as in the material Plane) was created.

@^low Fantasy means little magic/magic isn't as powerful. LotR is a good example of very low fantasy.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-01-04 at 05:20 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260

Low fantasy with lots of sci-fi.