New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Oni No Kamen [Bleach Spoilery 3.5 Epic Destiny]

Oni no Kamen

Some masked demons gain power above and beyond their normal mask, some gain power above and beyond any demon alive. The Oni No Kamen are masked demons that suddenly grow tremendous power, power unlike any but reaching further and further into the corruption of the Abyss. As they progress, the Oni No Kamen gains more demonic qualities beyond those of a normal masked demon, as well as a more powerful mask and an attack that makes the abyssal blast seem useless in comparison.

Requirements: 21st level, Masked Demon level 10th

{table="head"]Level|Benefit
    21st|Archfiend's mask, demonform qualities
    24th|Fiendflesh immortality
    27th|Blast of abyssal ravages
    30th|Abyssal Carnage
    [/table]

Archfiend's Mask (Ex): Your demon mask reshapes your very form. When in your controlled demon stance, the bonuses to your Strength score increases to +10 instead of +6, which still stacks with the bonus granted by your inner demon rage. Your Dexterity and Constitution scores increase by 6 when in your inner demon rage. You gain a bonus to natural armor equal to your (newly improved)Con modifier, which stacks with the class features of the masked demon and this epic destiny, and DR 10/good, which also stacks with any bonuses granted by the masked demon class and this epic destiny.

Demonform Qualities: At 21st level and every odd-numbered level thereafter, an Oni no Kamen begins assuming powerful fiendish abilities, above and beyond those gained by a normal masked demon. Some demonform qualities have prerequisites, such as feats or other demonform qualities, or even the demon abilities of the masked demon and unless otherwise noted, can only be taken once. The demonform qualities are as follows;

Black Wings (Ex):
    You grow a pair of demonic wings, either the leathery wings of a dragon or bat or the wings of a great and terrible bird. These wings give you a fly speed equal to twice your base land speed with perfect maneuverability.

Demonic Ironskin (Ex): Your skin is thick and almost like a suit of real armor. Your natural armor improves by an amount equal to Con modifier. Additionally, your damage reduction increases by 10. You must have the resist blows or toughened skin demon abilities of the masked demon.

Demonic Possession (Su): You gain the ability to possess people as a natural fiend would. The rules for possession are written on page 21 of the Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss.

Demon Weapons (Ex): You grow powerful claws and teeth that can be used as natural weapons. You gain a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage and two claws that deal 1d6 each(both for medium creatures). These weapons gain an enhancement bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to your class level divided by five. These natural weapons also count as magic and evil for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

Eldritch Demon Power (Sp): Your internal energies can be focused into a powerful spell-like ability forced out of your body. Select one spell of any level equal to one third of your class level or lower, you are now capable of using it as a spell-like ability a number of times per day based on the level of the spell, as noted below.
    {table="head"]Level|Uses per day
    0-6th|at will
    7th*-8th|6/day
    9th|3/day
    [/table]
    *This does not include greater teleport, which can used at will.

Eldritch Resistance (Ex): Your flesh and soul are combined in a way that makes you resistant to the bending of physics used against you. You gain spell resistance equal to 13+your character level, and a +4 bonus to this against spells of the Good descriptor.

Fiendish Immunity (Ex): Your skin is capable of ignoring certain elements that would bring it harm. You gain immunity to electricity, and one other element of your choice. You must have the energy resistance demon ability to take this demonform quality.

Fiendish Mass (Ex): Your frame increases a great amount, increasing your size by one category(to a maximum of colossal) and increasing your Con score by 2, but decreasing your Dex by 2. This quality can be taken multiple times, it's effects stack.

Flaming Body (Su): Your body is wreathed in unholy fire. Anyone grappling with the Oni No Kamen takes 6d6 points of fire damage and anyone making an unarmed or natural attack takes the same damage, but can make a Reflex save (DC 10+half HD+Cha modifier) to half the damage. You must have resistance or immunity to fire to take this ability.

Improved Grab (Ex): Your reflexes to ensnare someone improve dramatically. If you successfully hit a single foe with two or more natural weapons in a round, you can attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. You must have at least two natural weapons to take this ability.

Power Claw (Ex): You're capable of attacking with greater power than normal. When making an attack using a melee weapon and the Power Attack feat, one-handed and natural weapons deal twice the amount of extra damage from the Power Attack feat, and two-handed weapons instead deal three times the extra damage instead of two. You must have the Power Attack feat in order to take this ability.

Regrow Flesh (Ex): Your flesh has the ability to regenerate incredibly quickly. Any regeneration or fast healing you have from the masked demon class is doubled. Additionally, if you have regeneration it can only be overcome by good and epic weapons and spells.

Summon Demon (Sp): You have the ability to reach into the abyss and pull out the spawn of the abyss. You can summon as many demons with a total HD equal to your character level in a day, but you cannot have any demon summoned with more HD than half your total. This is the equivalent of an 8th level spell.

Venomous Maw (Ex): Your mouth exudes a powerful toxin that you are immune to. Anyone you damage with your bite attack must make a Fort save (DC 10+half HD+Con modifier) against the poison. The poison has a primary damage of 1d6 Con and a secondary damage of 2d6 Con damage and 1 round of paralysis. You must have a bite attack to take this ability.

Fiendflesh Immortality (Ex): Your form is one of abyssal energies and indestructible flesh. So long as you are in your controlled demon stance you cannot be killed by having your hp reduced to -10 or below, and you gain all the benefits of the Diehard feat. This does not mean you cannot be killed by death effects or having your body destroyed, as with a disintegrate spell or similar. Additionally, as long as your hp is below half your normal total, you gain a +10 bonus on all Fort saves against anything that would ultimately and directly lead you to die.

Blast of Abyssal Ravages (Su): At 27th level, the Oni no Kamen gains an ability not unlike the abyssal blast, but one that is great and terrible, and capable of incredible destruction. This blast is capable of being used as a standard action, and acts as a 50 ft. cone burst emanating from the Oni no Kamen. It deals 1d6 damage per character level in unholy damage, and anyone caught in the cone can make a Ref save (DC 10+half character level+Cha modifier) for half damage. Once this ability is used it cannot be used again for 5 rounds.
    Unlike other supernatural abilities, this ability can actually be used to counter the abyssal blast of any other creature with as many HD equal to his character level or less. Doing so follows the same rules as the counterspelling, but only works with abyssal blasts or blasts of abyssal ravages.

Abyssal Carnage (Ex): Your ability to kill is unlike any other warrior, be they mortal or demon. Whenever you are in your inner demon rage, your weapon counts as an unholy weapon, deals 1d4 points of Con drain and you are capable of attacking in a great area instead of making a full attack. Once per round as a full-round action, you can make a single melee attack against all foes in an area equal to twice your reach. If anyone is killed during any one of these attacks, their soul is bound to the Abyss under your dominion. This means that they cannot be brought back to life by anything less than a wish or miracle spell unless you allow it.

Immortality: Abyssal Prince
    Your power as a fiend is like that of the most powerful beasts that reign over the Abyss, and so you take a throne on one of it's infinite layers. Eons will pass, billions will die over the course of hundreds of thousands of years and you will be a dominating force of chaos and evil in the multiverse, one day possibly becoming the new prince of demons. After that you may even grow as a cancer, empowering the chaos and evil of the abyss itself and reaching it's malevolence into the multiverse.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2010-03-01 at 05:28 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Oni No Kamen [Bleach Spoilery 3.5 Epic Destiny]

Nawsome!! Too freakin' cool.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow Krimm, just wow. Looking at this Epic Destiny gives me some basic ideas for up and coming Demon Lords. I just have a few questions and comments. One, how would being both Good algined and achieving the Epic Destiny's Immortality be reconciled? Two, what is that a picture of anyway and three could someone achieve Demon Godhood (what the Dicefreaks would Cosmic Entity or in this case Demon Prince status) by means of this Destiny? Fourth, would it be reasonable to allow a light variant of this Epic Destiny? Note, I said light, not Good. Finally I have a comment on this work. Not so much on your Epic Destiny but on the nature of Chaotic Evil.

Chaotic Evil: The major precept of this alignment is that of personal freedom unshackled by responsibility towards others. Whatever advantage can be taken should be taken, and the woe of others is often to the benefit of oneself. Laws and order, kindness, and good deeds are disdained, except where they can be paid lip service to one’s own benefit. Others’ lives have little or no value. Those of this alignment hope to either bring down all restraint and prohibition, moral and otherwise to achieve power, glory, and prestige in a system of individual caprice and governed by their own whims or to create a state of perfect freedom abandoning all laws and restrictions as acts of oppression or mere crutches for those they deem weaker than themselves. They don't consider themselves in any way wicked for such plans or actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Being good aligned shouldn't really have much influence on how the class works, it's basically just almost anyone being able to become like a demon, despite their intentions. The fluff of the immortality can easily be changed, using fire to fight fire one might say. It's all very mutable. I don't know enough about the dicefreaks godhood mechanics, but I...guess?
    And by light you mean what exactly?

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

In my opinion, the Oni No Kamen (exactly where does that come from and what does it mean?) who are good aligned have taken the concept of fighting evil from within itself without being corrupted to the logical extreme. If a soul that was bound to serve a good-aligned example of this epic destiny really didn't want to, he'd let it go, and the layer that he ruled would be an exception in the Abyss, being a fortress of Good, and a refuge of anyone who fought against the Evil in the Abyss. They are those who have stared into the Heart of the Abyss, beaten the crap out of it, and said to it "I'm going to take a piece of you and turn it into a fortress of good. I'm going to be a thorn in your side for the rest of eternity. If your 'children' overrun Hell, I will still be here. If they overrun Celestia, and Elysium, and Aborea, I will still be here, so will others who fight evil, and there is not a damm thing you can ever, EVER do about it!"

That said, Krimm, as you've written it, this destiny makes it seem like only evil people take it, which is missing the point. That should actually be fixed. Otherwise, absoluteley fantastic!

Also, I think Agrippa meant "a version where you become all celestial-like" when he said light.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-03-31 at 06:22 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

How can I not love anything that opens with such an awesome image from Bleach?! =D

Looks very fun! :3

Edit: Krimm, for a stick figure your avatar is oddly sexy. o.O
    Last edited by Myou; 2009-03-31 at 06:44 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
    How can I not love anything that opens with such an awesome image from Bleach?! =D

Looks very fun! :3

Edit: Krimm, for a stick figure your avatar is oddly sexy. o.O
    Well of course it does..... it's a picture of me.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    Well of course it does..... it's a picture of me.
    *Blushes.*

And, uh, what part of the Abyss did you say you lived in? I'm, uh, just curious!

I have a big weakness for exotic guys, demons in particular. D:

God, the horns.... <3

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Myou View Post
    *Blushes.*

And, uh, what part of the Abyss did you say you lived in? I'm, uh, just curious!

I have a big weakness for exotic guys, demons in particular. D:

God, the horns.... <3
    Wherever I lay my unholy crown of bone and soulsteel, I call home.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Wherever I lay my unholy crown of bone and soulsteel, I call home.
    You should lay it by me, baby. x3

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Looks really good.

Only complaint is that Mask of the Archfiend references the unmasked fiend several times, when I assume it ought to be masked demon.

Other than that, awesomesauce.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    In my opinion, the Oni No Kamen (exactly where does that come from and what does it mean?) *snip*
    Oni means demon, No is a possessive subject field, and Kamen means Mask or Disguise.

Oni No Kamen basically means Masked Demon or directly, Demon of the Mask.

And there is your 10 cent Japanese lesson for the day.

-X
    Chris Bennett
    Author and Lead Developer of Path of War
    Freelancer

My credits:
    Path of War and Path of War Expanded: An OGL Tome of Battle for the Pathfinder game system, for Dreamscarred Press.
    Psionics Augmented: Psychic Warrior and Psionics Augmented: Soulknife for Dreamscarred Press.

My extended homebrew signature!

13. - Top - End - #13

As horngeek said it by light, I meant angelic in apperance while still truly demonic in nature. See this trope.

I had always presumed white light to be pure and somehow chaste, to be noble and good. But this whiteness was unutterably evil, chilling, its purity an abomination.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    As horngeek said it by light, I meant angelic in apperance while still truly demonic in nature. See this trope.

I had always presumed white light to be pure and somehow chaste, to be noble and good. But this whiteness was unutterably evil, chilling, its purity an abomination.
    Ah I see... Interesting. I might be able to make a class something like that.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm. As I said before, Krimm, very good. As I also said, you've made this so that it is assumed that only evil people take this Epic Destiny. Which actually is somthing that needs to be fixed. The Immortality needs to be changed so that it is doesn't say that you are a force of Evil, or at least it also needs to show what ends up happening to Good guys who take this Epic Destiny. It is otherwise good, but the changes need to be done.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #16

Ah I see... Interesting. I might be able to make a class something like that.
    I'm sure you will. It's just a matter of time. Like the mechanics for the black dove prestige class. Part shadow wielding ninja, part Staff Chick.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa View Post
    I'm sure you will. It's just a matter of time. Like the mechanics for the black dove prestige class. Part shadow wielding ninja, part Staff Chick.
    D'oh. I still need to get that done...

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, Krimm, is it acutally an intention that you're evil if you have this Epic Destiny?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, Krimm, is it acutally an intention that you're evil if you have this Epic Destiny?
    No, it is not. The force of evil thing from the immortality is basically derived from the fact that your physical body is suffused with evil, but not your mind.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2009-04-01 at 12:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Can you please edit it then to make that obvious? (No, I am not going to just let this go)
    Last edited by horngeek; 2009-04-01 at 01:16 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Can you please edit it then to make that obvious? (No, I am not going to just let this go)
    I don't really want to go back through it and alter everything to make it an ethically and morally ambiguous class for turning into a demon. You don't have to be evil to spread it, and I'm going with the fluff from Bleach and mixing it with D&D. So I would appreciate it if you did let it go.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine. The Epic Awesomeness (c) of Krimm Blackleaf gets him off the hook. And to be fair, it is stated that Ichigo's reiatsu is like a hollow's.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

For the spell like abilities the caster lvl is your character lvl right?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWolfPrime View Post
    For the spell like abilities the caster lvl is your character lvl right?
    Yes. 10char.

Spoiler
    Show