New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Gods of a New Star [IC2] - Concluded

They fled a dying world ravaged by war. They were given the spark of divinity by a Power only known as the Wyrm, whose grand plan is still a mystery. They were transported far away, perhaps in another universe, to an ancient planet orbiting a small, yellow sun. In the past, this world had been abundant and prosperous. Now, nothing but ruins remained of the advanced civilizations that lived there. Entire forests were cut down or burned. The overexploitation of land caused the degradation of once fertile plains. It is up to the new Powers to take care of this fragile planet.

They are the Gods of a New Star.

((Here is the link to the old thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90888))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-11-06 at 10:12 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Gods of a New Star [IC2]

Gargax

A portal appeared above Shilliax, and through it Gargax appeared, though he was careful to keep himself from mortal sight. He looked at the city and the temples to his son and took in stride. He was still their true god, and they would follow him like they did before, and besides Ocogoiks had always been one of his favored... but he banished such thoughts, they were unimportant now, Ocogoiks would cede his regency with Gargax's return, and they now had the blessings of the Changed prince as well.

Gargax appeared in his throne-room, where only non-mortals were allowed. He sat on his Throne, a large ornate affair. He had to admit to spending little time here, as he was always busy, but right now he could truly appreciate it. The Throne-room was truly vast, arches of bones, and stone, with images of death and necromancy everywhere. He would need to add some things, but for now it was fitting. At his hip, instead of the dagger he usually had was a long curved scimitar, intricately crafted and finely edged like no other.

Behind him stood four Arbiters, powerful beings that now served him utterly. Gargax grinned, his return was indeed glorious. He sat up, his Arbiters stood to attention, staring sternly forward, and Gargax spoke into the minds of all the gods I Have Returned. I am More than I once was, the efforts of Alrinach were in vain. Once more I rise from the graves of betrayal to take my place as lord and god of these lands. Make no mistake, I AM returned, I AM A god, and I will brook no more betrayals.

He sat back and waited, sipping from his Chalice as his medallion burned brightly on his chest. He thought to himself. Whatever happened to my old god, Barin, I never found out if he was really dead. Ah well, I can always go back and find out later... or perhaps... someone else knows... and he looked inward, toward the one he knew would be waiting.

(I'm moving this here, my return shall be the herald and first post of the new thread )
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-10-08 at 10:14 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier smiled slightly when he heard the words from his location in the void.... he had found one of the astral dreadnoughts the void being had spoken of, and had requested an audience of him.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley_ View Post
    Ikassi sat in thought for a while...

I see. The problem seems to be that there is still this...

She held up her hand

This bind to what I...We are. This is most troubling. The dagger was just for that purpose, to sever my divine essence from myself. It must not have done so completely.

She gave a tug on her arm and it came off. She thrust the severed limb to her doppelganger.

Eat it, and while you're at it, eat the rest of me. This physical form is doing nothing to help.
    "Perhaps you are right."

The other Ikassi took the arm and studied it. She froze.

"Doesn't that remind you of something? Remember...when we were still mortal."

And Ikassi did remember parts of her previous life...what she had become.

(OOC: I am referring to Ikassi's feral nature near the end of her mortal life and the cannibalism. Feel free to expand on that as Ikassi remembers more and more, and has to face these hidden thoughts.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Baldier smiled slightly when he heard the words from his location in the void.... he had found one of the astral dreadnoughts the void being had spoken of, and had requested an audience of him.
    Leiff was still standing near the Spire. He was pretty disappointed. After Ikassi had disappeared, nothing special happened. What a pity! Then, the Lord of the Void got Baldier's message.

"Oh! A customer! I hope he doesn't want to return our latest product. My clockwork friend, please wait for me here. I don't think my client would appreciate your presence. Ta-ta!

Leiff burst out of the Dreadnaught's mouth in front of Baldier.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Omnik View Post
    "Perhaps you are right."

The other Ikassi took the arm and studied it. She froze.

"Doesn't that remind you of something? Remember...when we were still mortal."

And Ikassi did remember parts of her previous life...what she had become.

(OOC: I am referring to Ikassi's feral nature near the end of her mortal life and the cannibalism. Feel free to expand on that as Ikassi remembers more and more, and has to face these hidden thoughts.)
    She suddenly is griped by a wrenching feeling in her heart.

Mortal...All of them...dead...and rotting. A plague...And the madness! I see it now, It was comforting...and yet painful.

Then there were images of the old world, The undead armies that crushed all underfoot. And a master she served...did she?

She screamed, a loud, shriek that would unsettle the gods themselves. The memories were coming far too quickly. She grasped her skull as the memories came forth, memories that she was blessed to forget and cursed to remember for all eternity.

This was the old world that fell to ruin. This was what she was tasked to prevent.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus took Baldier's artifacts to his forge. He frowned as he studied them for a long while before going to work. Finally, he returned, sending the artifacts to Baldier's little champion. He sent a message to Baldier at the same time. "It is done brother. The artifacts have been strengthened against evil as much as I could. I hope it is enough for you and yours." Afterwards, Cyrus returned to his forge.

Much later Cyrus resumed his search for the Duke. Now he was covered in a suit of full plate that seemed both gold and silver, depending on how the light hit it. Every inch of the armor was covered in intricate runes made of starmetal, each rune seeming to connect or flow into its neighbors. Cyrus smiled grimly as he heard Saradinus' message, then paused as a thought hit him. "I do not know where this hell is, but I will find it no matter the cost."

Spoiler
    Show

Relic and Act used to create artifact
    A mind without purpose will walk in dark places. - Gideon Ravenor

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

She suddenly is griped by a wrenching feeling in her heart.

Mortal...All of them...dead...and rotting. A plague...And the madness! I see it now, It was comforting...and yet painful.

Then there were images of the old world, The undead armies that crushed all underfoot. And a master she served...did she?

She screamed, a loud, shriek that would unsettle the gods themselves. The memories were coming far too quickly. She grasped her skull as the memories came forth, memories that she was blessed to forget and cursed to remember for all eternity.

This was the old world that fell to ruin. This was what she was tasked to prevent.
    The "other" Ikassi shaked, dropping the severed arm.

"This is disturbing! What can we do? We are no more strong than when we were mortal. The suffering has no end!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Leiff was still standing near the Spire. He was pretty disappointed. After Ikassi had disappeared, nothing special happened. What a pity! Then, the Lord of the Void got Baldier's message.

"Oh! A customer! I hope he doesn't want to return our latest product. My clockwork friend, please wait for me here. I don't think my client would appreciate your presence. Ta-ta!

Leiff burst out of the Dreadnaught's mouth in front of Baldier.
    "Greetings Leiff. I wish to speak to you about the producct you gave me people. I will say that while it does what it is ment to do VERY well it has UNFORUTANTE side effects when it comes into cotnact with a powerful energy source, but that is not what I called you for. I wish to earn your favour elemental lord of the void. You see soon my people shall leave this star to serach out new ones, and I wish for them to have your blessing."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Greetings Leiff. I wish to speak to you about the producct you gave me people. I will say that while it does what it is ment to do VERY well it has UNFORUTANTE side effects when it comes into cotnact with a powerful energy source, but that is not what I called you for. I wish to earn your favour elemental lord of the void. You see soon my people shall leave this star to serach out new ones, and I wish for them to have your blessing."

"Yes yes. It does have side effects. Didn't I mention them? Damn! I always forget something!

A blessing, heh? You're not the first one to ask me that today! Hehehe! I must be quite popular now among the gods! It is disturbing and fascinating at the same time. Wheeee! It's like that time, when I rallied all the Erinbudrt of CX-38Y against the Crimson Lord of all Things Crimson... I was really the life of the party on CX-28Y! But since then I can't stand crimson...

What were we saying? Oh yes, the blessing. Well, as long as the Protoss keep dreaming about the stars, I'm sure the stars will welcome them. But I suppose I can give you an additional blessing. Never forget that the Void is all about possibilities! Believe in the power of the Mind. Or was it the power of the Cheese? I always get the two mixed up."

((OOC: I like Leiff.))
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 10:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

"Yes yes. It does have side effects. Didn't I mention them? Damn! I always forget something!

A blessing, heh? You're not the first one to ask me that today! Hehehe! I must be quite popular now among the gods! It is disturbing and fascinating at the same time. Wheeee! It's like that time, when I rallied all the Erinbudrt of CX-38Y against the Crimson Lord of all Things Crimson. I was really the life of the party on CX-28Y!

What were we saying? Oh yes, the blessing. Well, as long as the Protoss keep dreaming about the stars, I'm sure the stars will let them. But I suppose I can give you an additional blessing. Never forget that the Void is all about possibilities! Believe in the power of the Mind. Or was it the power of the Cheese? I always get the two mixed up."

((OOC: I like Leiff.))
    "If it is the powr of the mind then my people shall prehaps be the greatest void exploers in existance. I will also notethat I find you to be the most personable of the elemental lords so far... am I the only one that finds it odd that a god of the great nothing filled with things is the only one willing to talk before melting faces, or devouring souls?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"If it is the powr of the mind then my people shall prehaps be the greatest void exploers in existance. I will also notethat I find you to be the most personable of the elemental lords so far... am I the only one that finds it odd that a god of the great nothing filled with things is the only one willing to talk before melting faces, or devouring souls?"

"You know, I never did try melting faces. Are there classes? If all the others are doing it, it means my resume is seriously lacking."
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 10:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

The "other" Ikassi shaked, dropping the severed arm.

"This is disturbing! What can we do? We are no more strong than when we were mortal. The suffering has no end!"
    Ikassi suddenly stopped screeching. Shakily she stood up, and grasped her copy.

I...We...I would never say such a thing. I would never fall into pitiful despair. The suffering has no end...but does that mean I do nothing about it? Does it mean that I leave the world and stop fighting for it, just because I cannot do anything?

No, even if I fight a losing battle, this struggle I will continue to face it.
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-10-08 at 10:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

"You know, I never did try melting faces. Are there classes? If all the others are doing it, it means my resume is seriously lacking."
    "No it is a GREAT thing that you are willing to talk Leiff. I prefer that a god is willing to speak, and disucss thing before taking violent action such as killing someone, or spreading a super disease. I will wonder though how many races have you come into contact with, and why did you come to THIS planet of all things?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Ikassi suddenly stopped screeching. Shakily she stood up, and grasped her copy.

I...We...I would never say such a thing. I would never fall into pitiful despair. The suffering has no end...but does that mean I do nothing about it? Does it mean that I leave the world and stop fighting for it, just because I cannot do anything?

No, even if I fight a losing battle, this struggle I will continue to face it.
    "You are right...Me. But maybe we did things wrong. Maybe, by trying to become one with the planet, we only escaped our duties. Maybe it's impossible for us...for me to become the new Voice of the Planet. Let's get back to the world as Ikassi, once we have dealt with some of our issues..."

More images of the Old World and life under Sesketh's rule flooded the mind of the Earth Mother.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"No it is a GREAT thing that you are willing to talk Leiff. I prefer that a god is willing to speak, and disucss thing before taking violent action such as killing someone, or spreading a super disease. I will wonder though how many races have you come into contact with, and why did you come to THIS planet of all things?"
    "I have only came in contact with two other beings on that planet: Alrinach and Ikassi. Right now, Ikassi is doing...something. I'm not sure if it's working, though.

Why did I come here? Why not there? Or there?
    (He pointed to distant stars.) This is absurd. I am here because I came here, simple as that. There is no other explication. And how do I know that I'm not some place else? This may be an illusion. Everything could be an illusion. Maybe I'm not the only Leiff in existance. What if there are identical Leiffs in every dimension?"
    Last edited by Kaiser Omnik; 2008-10-08 at 10:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

"I see... you seem to be a bit of a philospher, one you questions everything, and why it eixsts? You must be quite a wise being if you have figured out the answers to even half your qeustions."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"I see... you seem to be a bit of a philospher, one you questions everything, and why it eixsts? You must be quite a wise being if you have figured out the answers to even half your qeustions."
    "Is there any other way to live? I don't have worshippers or a civilization. That may explain why I spend my time in contemplation. I hope one day everyone sees what I see in the Void.

Or everyone decides to eat chesse. Whatever they like best."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Is there any other way to live? I don't have worshippers or a civilization. That may explain why I spend my time in contemplation. I hope one day everyone sees what I see in the Void.

Or everyone decides to eat chesse. Whatever they like best."
    "indeed we do all strive to answer the great question of a simple "why?", and as long as I can call myself lord of the Protoss you shall have a following in my peoples Leiff."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"indeed we do all strive to answer the great question of a simple "why?", and as long as I can call myself lord of the Protoss you shall have a following in my peoples Leiff."
    "You are so kind! Well, time to get back to work...or back to wasting time, in my case. Let's see what the wacky Ikassi is up to!"

Leiff transformed into a polygon, a sandwich, a kobold and finally disappeared.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus sends a message back to Gargax. "Good to hear from you brother. You've arrived just in time to help us kill the Wyrm, and the minion that has killed our brother Abraxys. Perhaps later you can tell me what happened."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

His metaphorical eyebrow raised, Gargax sent a message back. Kill the Wyrm? Murdered Abraxys? Perhaps it is you who should be telling me what's gone on since I've been gone.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Baldier will take the form of a Twilight Archon, and deliever the message of Leiff the Lord of the stars to his people, and found a seperate chruch in his honor, and make three other dark templar the chief Bishops of the Priest.
    Razahghal, Tassadar, and Zeratul (FINNALY!)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

Cyrus couldn't help but grin to himself. "Saradinus is convinced the Wyrm is actually a great force for evil, and is using us for his own ends. The Children of the Wyrm ended up killing all the delegates, including yours, their souls lost to us somehow. Baldier's champion managed to kill one of them in a suicide bombing, but the Duke is still at large. I mean to kill him after finding out how to reclaim my followers. While I was searching for him, Abraxys appeared to me, then changed into some sort of monster and tried to kill me. He was driven off with the help of a few of our brothers, and now here I am, searching for them both. So, how are you?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Good and Evil may need to coexist perhaps." Saradinus said. "But nothing is ever truly destroyed. It merely changes form. How may I grind the forces of evil into that which I may make into something tolerable?" He grins. "You need not grieve... If we could but take away the power of Evil, it may still live with us, even if as only inferiors."

"I understand your concerns, Holy Saradinus. Know that you can destroy the Agents of Evil, for a time. By acting against the Ryceans, you will prevent future bloodshed. Then, the World will be harmonious again. Unfortunately, you can't simply "take away" the power of Evil. If Evil continues to live inside each individual, another Avatar of Darkness will be spawned. This is the way things are."

((Just reposting this for Armin's sake.))

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

I went on a grand quest to regain my divinity, saw many strange sights, took upon myself a mantle of ages, and am more powerful than when I left... I liked Abraxys, and as I said I will brook no more betrayals, it seems the Wyrm could not even wait till I had returned before doing something foolish to invoke my, and my brothers, ire. I will of course join you in fighting him.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"I understand your concerns, Holy Saradinus. Know that you can destroy the Agents of Evil, for a time. By acting against the Ryceans, you will prevent future bloodshed. Then, the World will be harmonious again. Unfortunately, you can't simply "take away" the power of Evil. If Evil continues to live inside each individual, another Avatar of Darkness will be spawned. This is the way things are."

((Just reposting this for Armin's sake.))
    "Thank you oh, Balance. Now, how may I gain in strength." Asking for a DvR here... like Saradinus. "The Wyrm has given power to Alrinach... so what must I do to protect my people from his anger?"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Cyrus

"And welcome you are. Although I'm not sure how Alrinach will respond to hearing you are more powerful now than when you left. And I am sure Ocogniks is glad to have you back. He performed...adequately while you were gone."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    "Thank you oh, Balance. Now, how may I gain in strength." Asking for a DvR here... like Saradinus. "The Wyrm has given power to Alrinach... so what must I do to protect my people from his anger?"
    (What power are you talking about? The power to make Nemerensis into a full deity?)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Gargax

Gargax responded with a smile Yes I hear he did, as for Alrinach, my debt to him will have to wait, I hope he feels the same...