New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Hydroid is stupid fun. Can you recolor his tentacles? (Holy mother of phrasing...) But seriously, all his abilities have a use (although his 2 is questionable, and his 3 is of questionable use).
    Hydroid instantly struck me with how entertaining he was to play, but after a few missions I got the feeling I wasn't using him to full effect. I did some wiki research on the specifics of his abilities... and found out that if you charge up Swarm, it triples the number of tentacles, and if you activate Swarm while you're dissolved into Undertow it does 200% more damage.

One mission after trying that combo, I started working on Hydroid Prime. And set a rule for myself about always doing the research when I get a new frame. (Paid off hugely with Inaros.)
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Interesting. I mix in Flow and Continuity for a little bit of CC, but other than that, not much difference.
    I'd argue that you don't need Flow on Inaros as it's not hard to get hit to regain your energy with Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and especially since his Scarab Swarm runs off health, not energy.
    I use Continuity and Stretch instead of some of the tanking mods on a different CC build and Streamline is worth looking into, if only to reduce the cost of getting 100% Scarab Armour.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

With both Inaros and Nidas, I swear by Equilibrium.

You will never need a LOT of energy as either; just a steady supply of a reasonable amount, and since you're always going to be picking up Health orbs anyway it's ideal. In fact I would go so far as to say there are few 'frames who wouldn't make use of it, except possibly for Nekros who can cast from his health pool, and even then it's a huge quality of life improvement.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #274

Where are you getting those health orbs?
    The only frame I use Equilibrium on is Nekros, since he can create them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I'd argue that you don't need Flow on Inaros as it's not hard to get hit to regain your energy with Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and especially since his Scarab Swarm runs off health, not energy.
    I use Continuity and Stretch instead of some of the tanking mods on a different CC build and Streamline is worth looking into, if only to reduce the cost of getting 100% Scarab Armour.
    Yeah. A couple of situations before I got a hold of the Rage caused me to value a large energy reserve perhaps a bit too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    With both Inaros and Nidas, I swear by Equilibrium.

You will never need a LOT of energy as either; just a steady supply of a reasonable amount, and since you're always going to be picking up Health orbs anyway it's ideal. In fact I would go so far as to say there are few 'frames who wouldn't make use of it, except possibly for Nekros who can cast from his health pool, and even then it's a huge quality of life improvement.
    As Recaiden said, I'd rather not count on the frequency of health/energy orb drops to keep a warframe filled up, especially since if you're full on health, you can't pick up health orbs to restore your energy via Equilibrium.

Inaros and Nidas I can possibly see a justification for, but I'd much rather take Rage/Hunter Adrenaline and not rely on enemy drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The only frame I use Equilibrium on is Nekros, since he can create them.
    An alternate build would be use of Zenurik and Health Conversion, since with the Despoil augment you're always not going to be at max health.

Yeah. A couple of situations before I got a hold of the Rage caused me to value a large energy reserve perhaps a bit too much.
    Depending on your spare capacity, you may consider taking Hunter Adrenaline instead as it converts 5% more damage to energy for 2 more capacity and is much easier to find (I've only ever found 1 Rage but numerous Hunter Adrenalines).
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-03-22 at 07:52 AM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

An alternate build would be use of Zenurik and Health Conversion, since with the Despoil augment you're always not going to be at max health.
    Nekros generates so many health orbs that mine is almost always at full hp despite the Despoil augment. Of course, I run mine with Sancti Tigris and a Blood Rush Hirudo, so I have a lot of incoming heals before even getting into his passive.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Depending on your spare capacity, you may consider taking Hunter Adrenaline instead as it converts 5% more damage to energy for 2 more capacity and is much easier to find (I've only ever found 1 Rage but numerous Hunter Adrenalines).
    I have both, but only enough capacity for Rage, atm. I'm going to Forma him soon, though.

Also, just got he Horus skin! Eeeeeeeeee!

Edit: Incidentally, anyone got any build advice for the Scourge? This new helmet has put me in a Stargate mood. I usually gear mine towards status.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2018-03-22 at 08:55 PM.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Edit: Incidentally, anyone got any build advice for the Scourge? This new helmet has put me in a Stargate mood. I usually gear mine towards status.
    Corrosive + Viral + Radiation for Grineer tilesets, Corrosive + Gas + Magnetic for Corpus and Infested. Dual-stat mods can get it all the way to 100% status chance. Beyond that, Serration and a mod to boost whichever element you want to proc most often. Last 2 depend on your playstyle, but you might want to consider something to boost reload. Given its starting polarities, you might not even need to Forma it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Corrosive + Viral + Radiation for Grineer tilesets, Corrosive + Gas + Magnetic for Corpus and Infested. Dual-stat mods can get it all the way to 100% status chance. Beyond that, Serration and a mod to boost whichever element you want to proc most often. Last 2 depend on your playstyle, but you might want to consider something to boost reload. Given its starting polarities, you might not even need to Forma it.
    That's pretty much what I already do. I guess it really is a rather straightforward weapon.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Public service announcement: the ongoing DDOS attack on the warframe server seems unusually dedicated, so a number of people are speculating that it's either somebody really hates DE or it's an attempt to mask something more sinister, so be careful with any real money transactions to Warframe in the near future.

12. - Top - End - #282

Griffon

I like DE a lot, but they have been catastrophically DDoS'd every 6 months or so since I started playing.

I freely admit to not being anything even remotely server/computer competent, but one would think they'd recognise a pattern and start taking better precautions by now.

[EDIT] On reflection, I realise that's blaming the victim and I will apoogise. That being said, if I leave my car unlocked with the engine running and someone drives off in it... There's a limit to how much sympathy I'd get from bystanders, y'know?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-03-25 at 07:37 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[EDIT] On reflection, I realise that's blaming the victim and I will apoogise. That being said, if I leave my car unlocked with the engine running and someone drives off in it... There's a limit to how much sympathy I'd get from bystanders, y'know?
    They've taken precautions after every event, it's just that they send better attacks (as the new hardware can cope with the older attacks). According to a tweet by one of the developers, they upgrading the relevant hardware as we speak.

Using your car analogy, after previous events, you've upgraded to a new model with an engine immobiliser to stop people driving off with it; that's not going to stop someone putting a brick through the window, going through the glovebox and ripping out the stereo.

To carry on the analogy, they've potentially done so to hide the fact that they've planted something in your car - I'd look underneath the car and in the engine compartment to check for foreign objects before you drive off in it.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

I like DE a lot, but they have been catastrophically DDoS'd every 6 months or so since I started playing.

I freely admit to not being anything even remotely server/computer competent, but one would think they'd recognise a pattern and start taking better precautions by now.

I mean, there's also only so much you can do when you regularly receive and send millions of packets a second regardless and you don't want to interfere with that. All the game companies are going to remain vulnerable to this because even if they design their inbound system perfectly there's network bottlenecks before you make it there in pure cabling terms.

Its the same recognition that you will have traffic jams on highways; you redesign the roads as much as you like to keep them from jamming and maybe you'll deal with even the messiest crash. But if someone takes a transport, hooking a second trailer to the first, and purposefully swings it across the lanes, well...

15. - Top - End - #285

Griffon

Hm. I guess that wasn't my best analogy. More to the point, I'm probably heinously close to making a "current year" argument that we should be able to deal with things like DDoD attacks by now.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-03-25 at 09:30 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Hm. I guess that wasn't my best analogy. More to the point, I'm probably heinously close to making a "current year" argument that we should be able to deal with things like DDoD attacks by now.
    As I understand it, there are a couple of ways the hardware can defend itself against a DDOS, with the two main ways being shutting itself down or blocking the offending IPs on a higher level.

Shutting itself down means that nobody gets in, while mass blocking IPs on a country level means that everybody from that country can't connect. The problem with a Distributed Denial Of Service attack (and this DDOS in particular) is that it's incoming from globally, so who do you block?

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm told the DDoSes are meant to block access to Baro, since Warframe's gold sellers make a lot of their money off of maxed Primed mods. Which fits today's announcement that Baro's current visit is being extended.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

18. - Top - End - #288

And here i was joking the other day to a friend it was bitter vets blockading baro because he nothing new
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler mode, uh, spoilers.

I want this so bad.

Tumblr source has NSFW stuff on it, if you want the source ask me for a PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground

Today I learned that you can reset riven challenges on Uranus by going submersible.

Not "change the challenge", but if you've failed and succeeded and for whatever reason you'd rather not restart the mission- or you just accidentally jump in the water- there you go.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

21. - Top - End - #291

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    Today I learned that you can reset riven challenges on Uranus by going submersible.

Not "change the challenge", but if you've failed and succeeded and for whatever reason you'd rather not restart the mission- or you just accidentally jump in the water- there you go.
    That sounds... incredibly aggravating, and something that should be fixed, actually.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Baro has Primed Regen and Primed Fever Strike, along with Mara Detron and a couple ammo mutation mods. Of course, I don't really see the point of those mods since you can just run with Carrier if you're having ammo issues.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293

They've been around since before it was changed and no reason for them to still be rolled out to pad his wares since the New item is a archwing skin
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, I just unlocked my first Melee Riven: Jat Kusar Hexanent.
    Increased Status, Decreased Combo Duration, and Increased Critical Chance on a Slide Attack.

I didn't think that this was going to be how I joined the Spin-to-Win club, but here we go.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2018-04-07 at 10:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Baro has Supra Vandal (PC).

Full offerings: https://imgur.com/a/O4ZZN33

26. - Top - End - #296

Griffon

I like my Vandal Supra. It's not the best weapon that I own, but I very much enjoy modding it for Fire Rate and Multishot and then just dazzling the hell out of the rest of my team. It always gets some fun comments from PUGs who haven't seen it in full swing before.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Spamalot in the Playground

So, are Onslaughts going to be a better way to hit focus cap each day? If so, they might actually get me to run on the treadmill again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

28. - Top - End - #298

The Supra was great and the Vandal is even better ~ if you don't have it i highly recommend you grab it from the salt trader
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    So, are Onslaughts going to be a better way to hit focus cap each day? If so, they might actually get me to run on the treadmill again.
    Well, DE Rebecca managed to get 170k focus in 14 waves on an elite run. I'm downloading the update now and will report back with some numbers.

Edit: Onslaught is a little buggy right now and I've been unable to get past Elite Wave 12 for a variety of reasons. That said, you can passively level up a weapon from 0 to 30 and get around 60k focus with 3 greater lenses in ~9 elite waves (~23min). Note that the focus gain per wave goes up the further you go in - I hit my remaining cap of 150k focus by around Elite Wave 12, so couldn't record the data from any more runs).

These values are without an affinity booster, so halve the number of waves if you have one.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-04-22 at 03:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I went from no focus to daily cap in about half of a 15-zone standard run.
    :edit: suppose I should note I have an active affinity booster. Still that's pretty good.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2018-04-20 at 05:03 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.