New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

(Otakuryoga, cause everyone is still in the dark, so it hopefully doesn't matter much who is lynched.)

2. - Top - End - #122

Default Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    If you could defeat it, you wouldn't be trying to avoid the lynch.
    But I'm not trying very hard am I? So obviously I can defeat it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

3. - Top - End - #123

You're also making it pretty clear that you're a villain. After all, if you're a Spiran, why would you defeating the Ochu be a bad thing?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #124

And where exactly did I say that it was a bad thing to lynch me? All I'm doing is making a token effort to save myself knowing that I can't die today because noone would believe anything I say anyways
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

5. - Top - End - #125

As best I can see, you're now trying to confuse us into not lynching you.

Seriously, you stated that you didn't want to be lynched, and then that we should go ahead and lynch you because you can defeat Ochu anyway. The way in which you said it, and the order, implies, in my opinion, that you're trying to stop us from lynching you. Doesn't particularly matter though, as I'd still be voting to lynch you even if you weren't acting awfully suspicious.

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    As best I can see, you're now trying to confuse us into not lynching you.

Seriously, you stated that you didn't want to be lynched, and then that we should go ahead and lynch you because you can defeat Ochu anyway. The way in which you said it, and the order, implies, in my opinion, that you're trying to stop us from lynching you. Doesn't particularly matter though, as I'd still be voting to lynch you even if you weren't acting awfully suspicious.
    Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Old Avatar by PersonalSaivor.

Ponytar by akrim.elf

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Eyeball
    Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

7. - Top - End - #127

Well, duh. Cancer-baking, cookie-stricken orphan kittens are reasonable suspects. Mainly cause if you kill them, you can steal their cookies.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Final Fantasy Advent Children IV - Centuries of Sin - Game Underway!

Well, I don't know much about you, ThirdEmporer, but its good to know you're a man of honor.
    Last edited by Zjoot; 2011-07-07 at 11:58 PM.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

9. - Top - End - #129

Indeed. After all, I always challenge the kittens to a formal duel before killing them, and that's as honorable as it gets.

10. - Top - End - #130

Can I quote that?

Would the fact that the wolves just heartlessly murdered me again in Phantom and this is the only game I have left change anyone's mind?
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-07-08 at 12:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    Can I quote that?

Would the fact that the wolves just heartlessly murdered me again in Phantom and this is the only game I have left change anyone's mind?
    Oh. Now my vote has to stay where it is. For revenge.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-07-08 at 12:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Oh. Now my vote has to stay where it is. For revenge.
    But I'm telling you I can defeat this so wouldn't it make more sense to save your revenge for when you can actually kill me?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Except you can only defeat a limited number of encounters, and I for one intend to repeatedly throw you at monsters until you die.

Not that I even believe you can defeat the Ochu, but that's my back-up plan.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2011-07-08 at 01:03 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

But I'm telling you I can defeat this so wouldn't it make more sense to save your revenge for when you can actually kill me?
    This implies I believe that you're telling the truth and it won't kill you today. Which I don't. Because you are made up of 150% lies (20% Sodium).
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2011-07-08 at 01:07 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135

But if I'm telling the truth, you're giving me a shot at getting a free item. Wouldn't that be counterproductive to your aim of lynching me?
    Are you really willing to gamble against that -70% chance that I'm telling the truth for once?
    Because I really can kill an Ochu
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #136

The items you have a chance of getting are largely useless, except for Brotherhood, which I believe has a very low chance of dropping if you actually defeat the Ochu. The other items only help against Flan (which will at worst delay your death until we get a non-Flan encounter) and disguise your role (which I don't care about).

Oh, plus, as I've stated before, this is just for revenge. If another, more likely candidate shows up I'll change my vote. So I guess you should start accusing other people.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

Cloud staggers backwards out of the newly refurbished 7th heaven, blood dripping from his nose. The gorilla of a man that leapt after him thought he'd landed a decisive blow but Cloud had been pulling his punches from the start and was just about tired of dodging and weaving.

Slotting a fresh materia into his jerkin, Cloud drew on it's power and cast a barrier around the man in mid-air...maybe not it's intended use but effective none the less. That should trap him nicely for an hour or two while Cloud finished his drink and left.
    ---
    Cloud put his glass down. One too many maybe. He waved unsteadily to Tifa and went to the corner to pick up his weapons (tifa always insisted customers disarm at the door).

Hey! Who's wrapped great dirty bandages over my sword! This was a friends! Was it you, RogueNine?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Nine View Post
    I say Murska for RP'ing a bad guy even before the game had started, but really for the random.
    Honestly, when is a vote for Murska ever random...

(come on, who else was I gonna be...)

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The items you have a chance of getting are largely useless, except for Brotherhood, which I believe has a very low chance of dropping if you actually defeat the Ochu. The other items only help against Flan (which will at worst delay your death until we get a non-Flan encounter) and disguise your role (which I don't care about).

Oh, plus, as I've stated before, this is just for revenge. If another, more likely candidate shows up I'll change my vote. So I guess you should start accusing other people.

But do you really want to even give me a chance of getting such an item regardless of how unlikely it is?
    Also, in case anyone missed it the first few times I said it, I can really really really defeat the Ochu

How about Ramsus for an alternate target? I don't think I have tried to get him lynched this game yet
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Well, is there actually any reason why we should vote for Ramsus when you're acting so suspicious? Cause unless you have an argument that provides reasons why we should lynch him, you're probably a dead chicken.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    ((And in the tradition of old times - Fin. Forever.))
    Hey! What did I ever do to you!?

*is passed a record sheet*

I did what!? That doesn't sound like me... or does it

Also changing my vote to Otakuryoga because all FC has convinced me of is that he can't defeat this thing and I don't want a potentially useful player dead just yet!
    Last edited by Fin; 2011-07-08 at 03:35 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

A few hours left of this day phase, still a potential further six votes to come in, so I won't end just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grimmace View Post
    Hey, Banjo, depending on weather or not I get lynched in WW Classic today, I may drop out of this one. I just can't seem to get into it. If I decide to drop out, I'll tell you, and you can give my spot to Mustiado.
    Fair enough, just let me know what you want to do when you make a decision. It's inevitable someone will autolynch at some point, so don't worry too much about Mustiado. My favourite cowboy will get in the game eventually.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fin View Post
    Hey! What did I ever do to you!?

*is passed a record sheet*

I did what!? That doesn't sound like me... or does it

Also changing my vote to Otakuryoga because all FC has convinced me of is that he can't defeat this thing and I don't want a potentially useful player dead just yet!
    Er, I think I'll go with Fleeing Coward, because of how easily he seems to sway the vote.

23. - Top - End - #143

((As much as I dislike leaving FC alive, I'm not sure it he's actually guilty. And I've been on the receiving end of what he can do when he's a villager, so I think we should keep him alive for now. Otakuryoga. Also, don't over scry him, as we don't want our Seers Helgraffing each other.))
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

24. - Top - End - #144

Why does noone believe me when I actually tell the truth for once?
    For the last time, I really can defeat this Ochu
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Going to be at the UK Playground meetup this weekend, and unable to post. Don't autolynch me please (yes, I know I'm not actually at risk, but it's worth saying). I'd prefer it if people didn't lynch or night kill me either.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Why does noone believe me when I actually tell the truth for once?
    For the last time, I really can defeat this Ochu
    If you can, be happy! You get items!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

27. - Top - End - #147

I'll point at ThirdEmperor to get a vote in. RP will come tomorrow/later/never

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Day over, update to follow almost immediately.

Hurray for preparing beforehand!

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ochu pounded the flagstones in the centre of the square, sending merchants and warriors alike running for cover. Ochu’s had never been renowned for their fantastic turn of speed, but even so one person was too slow. Fleeing Coward almost made it to the cover of the Hunters Lodge before the thick green vine wrapped tightly around his trailing leg and started to drag him back to the square.

“Gah! Get it off!”

The whole of Besaid watched from behind windows, doors and comfortingly solid stone walls, everyone unwilling or unable to help. Screaming and fingers bleeding from desperately raking at the soft saturated ground beneath him, Fleeing Coward slipped closer and closer to the leafy monstrosities gaping maw.

“Hey you! Yeah you, the overgrown houseplant! Try taking a bite out of me instead!”

Otakuryoga, a young cadet from the Hunters Lodge, stood bravely before the huge creature, a pair of short red daggers flicking this way and that in his grip. He didn’t wait for a reaction, he just charged. The Hunters Lodge was a fading power across Spira, but some still had some pride left.

“For the Hunters that died on the Highroad!”

The Ochu spun to face the new threat, holding Fleeing Coward fast whilst it sent new tendrils flashing out towards Otakuryoga. The cadet’s daggers danced slicing through the vines just as he twisted and dodged past others and closed in on his prey. The Ochu shrieked, letting go of the prostrate Fleeing Coward and throwing its remaining tendrils at the charging figure before it. Otakuryoga leapt over them as they tried to strike, and buried both daggers deep in the creature’s bulbous torso.

The Ochu shrieked and swayed as its juices began to flow from the gaping wound in its gut, all thoughts of attack forgotten. The cadet was just about to deliver the killing blow when a ear-splitting whistle sounded right across the village. Most of the villagers looked around in confusion, but the more travelled and learned amongst them knew what was coming and closed their eyes in a silent prayer. The Monster Whistle had been sounded.

With a flash of ugly crimson light a wound tore the air asunder on the edge of the square. The gap bulged and pulsed, and a huge horned head forced itself through, a dirty brown mane billowing around it. In seconds the Behemoth was through the gap and roaring, its head high above even the Besaid Temple’s highest peak. It snarled at the tiny humanoid figure before it and stalked forward.

“For the honour of the Hunters Lodge, I will not yield!”

The old-timers watching from their windows shook their heads. The young were so foolhardy, so sure of themselves. The Farplane would soon welcome another to its number. Otakuryoga backed up a few steps, keeping a steady distance between him and his adversary, wary of the pulse in the air that would herald the creatures greatest weapon; the Meteor Swarm.

Something twined tightly around his leg.

“No you don’t!”

Fleeing Coward, finally having gained his feet. Whipped out a hand and sent a shimmering ball of flame arcing straight down the Ochu’s gullet, setting the plant creature ablaze. The vines tensed and then went slack around the cadet’s leg, and he kicked them away as they began to smoulder.

The Behemoth reared even higher on its hind legs and opened its mouth wide. Otakuryoga felt the tell-tale pulse in the air, and the hairs on the back of his neck stood on end. He had no choice.

He charged straight at the Behemoth, outmatched but unbroken. If the beast managed to get out a Meteor Swarm the whole village would be flattened. Hopeless or not, he had to try.

“For Spira!”

The huge purple beast cut off its attack and brought its huge forepaws forward to meet the charge. The cadet pin-wheeled over the first swipe and used his momentum to drive both daggers towards the Behemoth’s snarling face.

The second paw bore into his midriff so hard it almost split him in two. Then the monsters massive jaws finished the job.

The Behemoth roared a challenge to the stunned onlookers, the brave cadet’s entrails streaming from its mouth. Fleeing Coward stood stock still next to the smouldering remains of the defeated Ochu, eyes wide. The beast snorted, as if to mock all who watched, and padded nonchalantly into the trees.

As the sun set over Besaid, the villagers conducted a small funeral for the brave cadet, using what few remains that were left. Otakuryoga had died in defence of the village, his home, and he would be pit to rest as a hero.

Many more heroes would be needed in the days to come.

Summary

Fleeing Coward faced the Ochu, and defeated it.

A Monster Whistle was used to summon a second encounter, the dreaded Behemoth!

Otakuryoga (being second in the votes) was killed by the Behemoth. He was a Spiran Civilian.

The Behemoth now haunts the forest outside Besaid. Escape now looks a very dangerous prospect indeed.

Night 1 begins now and will end on Monday, to allow for the first lot of Night actions. Future night phases will be closer to 48 hours

30. - Top - End - #150

Well, I did tell you guys even if noone believed me
    Of course, we dont want too many people defeating encounters since each time we do, Kadaj gets the option to scavenge which can't be a good thing.
    Also Cid, how about needlessly putting your life on the line to confirm that I am indeed not a wolf this time?
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-07-08 at 10:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show