New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    My favorite E4 line that haven't seen any love for yet:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to do what I do best! LECTURE HER!

But yeah 90% of Luna's lines are gold
    Actually, IIRC, Zevox loved that line.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Oooh, nice 'do!
    I like. Very "something blew up in the distance and my hair was affected in the best possible way".
    Now that I've realized the existence and potential of the Pony Creator, I may still end up changing it, it isn't /quite/ how I perfectly imagine him. I hadn't realized until after it was done that the guy who made it for me was using it, heh, now that I know what's possible I kind of want to go and do some personal tweaking. But it's plenty good enough for me in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Stuff about Mage
    Luna darn you. Now I want to play.

that haven't seen any love for yet:
    That's because PONYTHREAD IS TOO FAST FOR ANY ONE MORTAL (besides SiuiS) TO COMPREHEND!

But it's been mentioned, don't worry... everything has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Sorry, mate, but I've known plenty of people who have either been to Africa, or have lived in Africa. I'm afraid your paranoid ramblings are incorrect.
    Are you sure they're not part of the conspiracy? *adjusts tinfoil hat*

Are we sure YOU'RE not part of the conspiracy!?

Has Midnight ever told somepony, "Hey, know what'd be fun? Lets go to Africa!?"

I thought not.

You do realize how crazy that sounds, don't you?

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-24 at 12:23 AM.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I second this! Seriously, the writers are damn awesome to keep churning out memorable lines like this.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    trust me you aint too old

i just turned 41 on Friday
    (does this make me the Elder of Ponythread?)
    I'm Fifty-six.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I didn't realize she was a mad scientist. She was just a friend of my Dad's..." Suddenly, the scent of popcorn wafted over to make Sek's nose twitch.

Turning, he gave Iggy and indecipherable look. "W-where did you get popcorn?!"

Clockwork:

Spoiler
    Show
    "From the microwave of course?" Iggy replied, after taking a deep sip from his smoothie.

Seeing Sek's befuddled expression, he raised a hoof to point behind him where an open, heavily battered microwave, could be seen resting on top of a pile of discarded machinery.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh my, this thread is certainly moving at quite a pace.

I feel like I'm drowning in sea of posts just trying to keep up. Glubglubglub...HALP!

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    That line was the biggest single "laugh out loud" moment for me in the episode, followed closely by Pinkie's "I'm a chicken!" line. That's one pony who really gets into character when she role-plays.

Thoughts on the origin of Nightmare Night (spoilery):

Spoiler
    Show
    Here are my ideas on the origin of how Nightmare Night might have come about, based on Zecora's story-telling to the foals and Luna's actions and reactions to the Ponyville villagers.

Originally, the holiday was a "Celebration of the Moon Princess" festival. A single night of the year when ponies would stay up all night celebrating to show their love and adoration of Princess Luna, one of the sisters who freed them from the chaos of Discord. Then the events of Luna's corruption into Nightmare Moon and subsequent banshiment occurred. Statues of Nightmare Moon were erected on the outskirts every pony town, city, and village; so that the ponies would not forget what occurred when Nightmare Moon tried to shroud Equestria in eternal darkness. The festival was no longer continued because the ponies were both fearful of Nightmare Moon, and Celestia had taken on the responsibilities of controlling the moon.

Fearful of Nightmare Moon's return, the ponies began to spend each "Moon Festival" night indoors and would not venture forth until sunrise. At some point a pony went travelling during the Moon Festival night and vanished, never to be seen again. Rumors began to circulate that Nightmare Moon had spied this pony and gobbled them up. Eventually, somepony struck upon the idea that they could be outdoors during "Nightmare Night" if they weren't recognizable as ponies, hence disguises and costume-wearing during the festival soon became the norm. Perhaps one Nightmare Night, a mischevious pony disguised themselves as Nightmare Moon, and went about frightening the other ponies and saying that they wouldn't eat them if they gave "Nightmare Moon" a treat to eat instead. Quickly the idea of Nightmare Moon being subject to bribery via candy entered the mythology, and the nightly offerings at the statues began.

As time went on, the memories of the real Nightmare Moon faded into legend and ponies realised that Nightmare Night was actually safe, the festival became more children- and fun-oriented.

This explains why Nightmare Moon's return became regarded as "just an old mare's tale", and why the ponies where surprised to see her - it would be like having a legend come to life in front of you. It also explains Luna's confusion at the pony's reactions to her, and her thinking the festival was insulting - during her time, there was much more separation between royalty and commoners; and the Moon Princess celebration was about the commoner's showing their love for their Princess of the Night, rather than about having a good time.

Also, S2E4 fanfic idea (that I'll probably never get to write):

Spoiler
    Show
    After Nightmare Night was defeated and banished, the Royal Night Guards were disbanded. However, judging from the appearance of the bat-winged pegasi pulling Luna's chariot, it seems that the Royal Night Guard has been re-established. Also disbanded during Luna's absence were the Shadowbolts - the best night fliers in Equestria and counterpart to the Wonderbolts.

With Luna's return and re-acceptance into Equestrian society, she has decided to re-form the Shadowbolts; and she wants Rainbow Dash to join! Will Rainbow given up her life-long dream of joining the Wonderbolts in favour of their counterparts? If she accepts, as the Element of Loyalty is this a betrayal of Princess Celestia? Would she abandon her friends in Ponyville to live and work in Canterlot?

7. - Top - End - #517
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Wishing you well, but I will not be regularly reading the thread for a week or two (though I'll be looking for the requested summary until the end of the week). I'll go back through what I've missed eventually, but not soon.
    There we have it. We have exceeded his critical mass. Sadface.

Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A bit shocked by Tinker's mood swing, Second Hand turned to Charger with a question written on his face. "I started something, didn't I?"

I'm trying so hard to disbelieve this right now... You are seriously too good at the paranoia stuff.

Now I just wish I knew how to convert some of my friends...*le sigh*
    I'm gonna back Thanqol on this. I've actually looked into it, because 3 years ago I worked with lotto machines. And then they started pumping out stories in the news. Sometimes short blurbs, other times whole "video articles" with no substance. Sometimes newspaper articles. You know who won the lottery?

Spoiler
    Show

the PTSD iraqi war vet who had a falling out with his parents and had no one to live with.

The man who bought eight tickets because he was starving, and wasgving all his food to his dog and needed a life-changing miracle.

The single mother of 5 who got a ticket on a whim while buying formula at a 7-elelven, and is no longer being evicted.

That last one... The first two examples are... You know, possible if not plausible. The last? Who by Hel decides "I have five children and no job! When buying food, why not grab a Lotto ticket?"

Spoiler
    Show

around the country, hundreds of thousands of citizens give the US and state governments money for tickets, hoping a computer will randomly pick their number. No one ever sees the winners, or really hears about them. All the stories sound like "my dad went fishing and, no ****! He saw a mermaid" tales, where you can't even be sure if the guy is talking about his dad or twllit a story, le alone believes it.

There is no proof o the odds. There is no proof the machines aren't rigged; "quick picks" have the lotto machine generate random numbers for you, instead of allthat tedious self-selection. And the machines are used for all lotto purchases.

It's entirely possible there is an algorithm set up to monitor every number combination sold during each segment, and produce "winning numbers" that only match, at most, 3 of the six. Sure, there are dozens of payouts of $50 or less every week, and the occasional "big win" of up to $600, but I have never, across four states, spoken to anyone with first hand experience. There are no lottery winners. It's like taxes that only apply to the desperate and poor. And to gamblers.

Meant lightheartedly, but seriously? You won't trust the government to handle itself with foreign nations or with big business, but youll trust that they are spending the money you give them responsibly, despite all these "why aren't we getting out share of lotto money" complaints?

Being a nutjob is fun :)

Spoiler
    Show
    "One fails to see how you thought asking a mad scientist to create life would end in any other way." Charger said flatly.

On that topic, I was thinking about what to do with Africa, geopolitically in the Perfect Arrow. I realised that I knew nothing about Africa, except for a random collection of documentaries so fragmented that it'd be outright hubristic to claim any knowledge at all. My solution was to roll with it:

Spoiler
    Show
    And Africa, well. Have you ever been to Africa? Do you know anyone who’s ever been to Africa? Have you ever heard any news out of Africa which wasn’t about violence, famine, disease and death? Do you have any reason to possibly visit Africa? You don’t. Nobody does. Which begs the question – does Africa actually exist? And what’s in that space if it doesn’t? And why are they trying so hard to keep us away?

Mage, as much as I love it, would not be a game I'd be comfortable with running without some actual play experience of what Mages could do and/or with how a good game was structured; I've been blessed in playing in a tabletop run by the best GM ever.

As far as tips for converting people to it, Mage doesn't have the same easy sales pitches as, say, Exalted ("You start as a demigod beating up gods and you go up from there"). The only time I've tried to formally make a conversion pitch to Mage, it looked like this:

Spoiler
    Show
    "Back in THE DAY things WERE GREAT until some guy ****ED UP and now THINGS SUCK."

- Billboard, Free Council Obrimos

"Back in the time before times the Heavens and the Earth were One. Magic was as natural as Spring, and the gods would walk alongside mortals. Souls would fly freely up to Heaven to observe Earth for a time, and choose to be reborn the moment the fancy struck them. And amongst those souls, many brought down fragments of the Supernal with them. These were the Mages.

"They were drawn together to build a great city, the first and greatest city. And it was known as Atlantis. And from there the Mages began to study enlightened Human Will and enforce Human designs upon the world. They called down the Supernal Truth from Heaven and rewrote the old laws. The power of gods and demons began to weaken and Humanity Ascendant stood victorious over Earth.

"And there it should have ended, but for the hubris of Awakened Man..."

- Kajaili, Mysterium Thyrsius

"Don't listen to any of the bull****. Atlantis - pah, the city was called Babel. What other place was there where all the languages of the world would come together and blend into one? Where the Wise would build a tower to the Sky - and more than that, Atlantis just sounds ****ing silly, innit?

Anyway. Babel. Bunch of ****in' brilliant wizards get together and decide, 'hey, calling the Supernal down to Earth is pretty great, right? Why don't we go up to the Supernal and pretty much hang out at the source?'. And they do it, right? They build this Silver Ladder - listen to me, I sound like a right tosser, but you can't say the words Silver Ladder without capitalisin' it. It's just the way it is. Anyway, build a Silver Ladder all the way up to heaven.

"And that's the good part, right? Humanity was about to storm up there and murder Zeus and whoever-the-**** else and take his chair. Everythin' was lookin' pretty ****in' sweet, let me tell you."

- Krossier, Silver Ladder Arcanthus

"Ten and One Mages Ascended the Ladder. And the Ten turned on the One and struck a blow on the half-ascended, tearing the One asunder, shattering the ladder, and cutting the World in half. The Supernal, the Heavens, the Realms of Truth were forever cut off from Earth. The Mages who had ascended became the Exarchs, the Tyrants who rule all reality from thrones with titles like DEATH, TIME, and FATE.

The Exarchs were afraid others would follow them and challenge their rule of Heaven, so they created the Abyss from the body of the One and placed it between the Supernal and Earth. No longer would souls be able to cross and refresh themselves in the Heavens upon death. And any magic that was called down from Above to Earth had to pass through the Abyss on it's way there. And everything the Abyss touched it destroyed, utterly.

The use of Magic in this world, this Fallen World, is the most dangerous thing imaginable for it brings with it the End of All Things."

- J, Guardian of the Veil Mastigos.

"Good news and bad news. The good news is that five other Mages got up to the Supernal however-the-**** and built these Watchtowers that call to human souls, and lets the occasional lucky bastard Awaken as a Mage. The bad news is that some Mages decide that fighting the guys who essentially built the entire ****ing world in a suicide war is a dumb idea. Those cowardly *******s go and suck up to the Exarchs and hope that maybe if they're precious little pawns they'll maybe get a decent afterlife. We call 'em Seers when we're not setting 'em on fire. We decent, honourable courageous sorts are Pentacle members.

"All of human history has Mages everywhere, but it's nowhere near an organised thing. Seers and Pentacle have fought on both sides of every major war in the past 500 years or so. The Free Council helped the Russian Revolution, but so did the Seers of the Throne for entirely different reasons and probably while viciously fighting the Free Council every step of the way.

"Really, I wouldn't call it a war so much as I'd call it a cluster**** of enormous throbbing Mage egos. So it has been, so it shall always be. Now let's get a drink and I'll show you how to throw a lightning bolt."

- Sgt. Ryner, Adamantine Arrow Moros.

The World is a Lie.

It is made to cage humanity, keep the Exarchs Above safe from the mass of Humanity below.

The World is a Prison, designed to oppress every soul to the point where none Awaken and the Exarchs are unchallenged and supreme forever.

There is a riot in the prison.

And the Mages are the ones who set the fire.

To Awaken as a Mage is to one day, for whatever reason, be called by a Watchtower to visit the Supernal. This process is, as far as anyone can determine, completely random. Occasionally a superhuman paragon is Called, sometimes a cowardly, drivelling bureaucrat. The one thing, the only thing, Awakening has in common is that it involves a shock. Maybe a car accident, maybe a drug overdose, maybe turning your headphones up a little too loud by accident. Something happens. And it changes everything.

The soul crosses the Abyss and arrives in the Supernal, in one of five cosmic realms - the Aether, Pandemonium, Arcadia, Stygia or the Primal Wild. They're also respectively known as Heaven, Hell, Fairyland, the Underworld and the Great Forest. The experience is incomparable; one way or another it changes the visitor. And then they do something to write their name there, or make some mark of their passage, and then they're thrown unceremoniously back into their mortal bodies with a whole lot of questions and absolutely no answers.

But the connection lingers. The name written in the Supernal provides a connection there, and the Mage can call some part of that realm down to the Fallen World. A Mage who visited the Aether may be able to call down Heaven-Fire, or one who went to Hell understands how to bend and shatter minds. Like it or not, they are a Mage.

That is really helpful. Thanks.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2011-10-24 at 12:47 AM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

I'm going to sleep soon, but I wanted to post this before I forgot.

Happy birthday, Aotrs Commander! Here's hoping it doesn't turn out as horribly as you expected.

As you are a space-lich, Pinkie's birthday wish of happiness FOREVER actually has a reasonable chance of coming true.

I ordered you a set of these from my Libris Mortis catalogue, but they didn't have a picture:

9. - Top - End - #519
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Munching happily on his popcorn, and sporting a fashionable new pair of blast goggles, Igneous sat on his haunches and enjoyed the show. He leaned over to provide his thoughts on the matter to Charger.

"Evil League of Evil eh? I think I heard of them. They make custom plushies out of Trottingham if I remember right." He commented, as Tinker completed her next test. "Then again, I haven't placed an order there for some time, so they might have changed their business model by now for all I know."

Like Sek, he had to shield his ears to protect them from Tinker's next bellowed words. Fortunately, he noticed her intake of breath early enough to set his popcorn down and stuff his hooves into the side of his head before they hit. Once the wind and dust subsided, he promptly resumed eating popcorn without missing a beat.

In fact, he didn't stop enjoying the delicious salt and butter flavoured condiments until Tinker joyfully stated her ambition to disrupt the natural order of life.

For it was about then that Igneous realised he was beginning to feel thirsty.

Fortunately, in the infintesimally small gap of time where nopony was observing him, he substituted his bag of popcorn with a jumbo size smoothie, complete with squiggle straw.

"Mmmm, chocolate. Do you want some?" he asked Charger.
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, I didn't realize she was a mad scientist. She was just a friend of my Dad's..." Suddenly, the scent of popcorn wafted over to make Sek's nose twitch.

Turning, he gave Iggy and indecipherable look. "W-where did you get popcorn?!"
    Clockwork:

Spoiler
    Show
    "From the microwave of course?" Iggy replied, after taking a deep sip from his smoothie.

Seeing Sek's befuddled expression, he raised a hoof to point behind him where an open, heavily battered microwave, could be seen resting on top of a pile of discarded machinery.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not a mad! I'm pretty!" Tinker said as she dragged what looked like a mining laser out of a pile of garbage.

"... Yes. Yes I will have some chocolate milk." said Charger. She wondered if they should be stopping this instead of enabling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Hey Thanqol, is there some reason I never see you on MSN anymore?
    Whenever I intend to do work of any kind, MSN is the first thing that is shut down. As schedule's been getting busier, less MSN time; once term is over I'll be more regular.

How do you not go around in a tinfoil hat? I mean that in the best possible way, of course; it's really creative, just creepy at the same time.
    Tinfoil hat? Please. Why would I want to keep the voices out? Do you know how much they can teach you, if you listen right?

"Not conspiracies. Conspiracy. Singular."

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Sorry, mate, but I've known plenty of people who have either been to Africa, or have lived in Africa. I'm afraid your paranoid ramblings are incorrect.
    No, the question is, where did they go that they thought was Africa?

The plane actually flew around in circles for a few hours and then landed in an obscure part of the American midwest where they've built model African villages.

Zebras? They painted a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    I'm Fifty-six.
    *Spittake*
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-10-24 at 01:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground

Obviously the most important thing to know about Africa is that that's where Equestria is.

(Yes, Equestria is in the same country as District 9. Greatest crossover-in-the-making ever?)

Glad to see everyone else loved that line too, I saw a lot of Luna quotes in everypony else's recaps but knew I couldn't be the only one.

I can't wait until it's up on youtube totally out of context so I can link it to random people at appropriate times.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

11. - Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow. 8 pages since I went to work. I think... I think I'm breaking guys.
    :c

wait, i thought the big old strip club was the Pink Poodle? on...Bascom? was it?....also i thought that place closed down about 10-12 years ago

wait...you are in SF bay area? whereabout?
    i grew up in San Jose
    lived down in Salinas for a few years til i moved out to Kentucky 6 years ago
    Ummmmm I know San Jose is close. We live in a hole in the wall town called Pittsburg. Closest bigger city is Richmond. Maybe Concord might ring a bell: that's where I work.

No other quotes. I really just can't keep up. @.@
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

We'll try and slow down. D:

Wait, I'm only helping to aggravate the issue. Sorry!

I'm going to sleep now, but I wanted to post in reference to the "what did Twilight say?" conversation earlier:

Spoiler
    Show
    Friendship is Magic Wiki has a transcript of the episode posted up, which has Twilight's line as, "Twilight Sparkle: I'm Starswirl the Bearded. Father of the amniomorphic spell. Did you even read that book I gave you about obscure unicorn history?"

I'm not sure of their source on it, though, it's mostly likely just what whichever contributor was writing up the page had heard. There's some debate over it in the page's discussion area.

13. - Top - End - #523

Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post
    We'll try and slow down. D:

Wait, I'm only helping to aggravate the issue. Sorry!
    No no, don't apologize. There are over 30 posters here. Only 30 post per page.

I don't know what else any pony could expect but for us to go light speed. I guess.. I guess I'm just sad I can't play along with any of the RP's or really respond to anypony because I have such a hectic schedule.

I just wanted to explain a little is all.
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-24 at 01:31 AM.
    I love my filly~

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

I don't know what else any pony could expect but for us to go light speed. I guess.. I guess I'm just sad I can't play along with any of the RP's or really respond to anypony because I have such a hectic schedule.

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I given up on trying to follow any and all RPs, and discussion on this thread, focusing instead on single posts which I could reply to: usually the last five posts.

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. I given up on trying to follow any and all RPs, and discussion on this thread, focusing instead on single posts which I could reply to: usually the last five posts.
    Yeah, that seems to be what's working for me. However, due to the great walls of text that are the quote posts, it can be tricky.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Orc in the Playground

Don't worry, I meant it humorously! I'm not really sorry for posting.

Maybe I should be, I guess... I wish it were easier for everypony to keep up with, it's quite the quandary. I've had the advantage of being at my computer almost all weekend, but most have not.

Or disadvantage? I guess it doesn't speak very highly that I had nothing better to do but play games, browse interwebs, and lurk Ponythread... on the one hoof, I'm glad to have as much leisure time as I do, but on the other, I'm envious of people with better things to do with their weekends. You are the lucky ones, you with lives! Be glad for it! All we as of yet less successful ponies have going for us is the internet.

Ponytar stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    For those who've been following the roleplay with him at all, which looks better/more fitting between my current incarnation of Inkblot up at top left of this post, or this one?

I'm indecisive.

And just since I felt like posting it, this is the image I used for his inky cutie mark at a higher resolution, it's hard to see when it's so tiny.

My gosh was it a pain to make look even as half decent as it does now on a blue background, I spent a good hour or so in total fiddling with the borders pixel by agonizing pixel at 800% zoom in Paint. I didn't make any real progress until I decided to substitute the gray at its edges for a darker blue instead, that helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Yeah, that seems to be what's working for me. However, due to the great walls of text that are the quote posts, it can be tricky.
    You'd better keep up with the roleplay! *shakes fist*

Inkblot's of yet unknown to him and totally unwanted rivalry with Flashpoint for Midnight (or Nightmare?)'s heart is amusing to me.

And now I'm going to sleep for real.
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-24 at 02:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

trust me you aint too old

i just turned 41 on Friday
    (does this make me the Elder of Ponythread?)
    Heh. Happy belated womb liberation day.
    For what it's worth I'm 34, and I was feeling a bit like an oldie with all these 20-somethings and teens posting.

Regarding good first episode....
    The Ticket Master is a good intro..and has the bonus of the Benny Hill chase scene to make the point that this show AINT just for little girls
    Provided they're old enough (or geeky enough) to recognise the chase scene. That said, one of my converts was early-twenties and fell in love with the show based on that exact scene.

Hang on... *rummages* ...his exact quote:

... They used a Yakety Sax cover during a chase scene.

They used a cover of Yakety freaking Sax during a chase scene.

Why did I not start watching this sooner?!

I'm Fifty-six.
    *Spittake*
    ... Y'know, not much on the internet surprises me any more. So, given the appeal of MLP:FiM, I'm not that much surprised by this. Like many people, I grew up on Looney Tunes, Merry Melodies, and Tom & Jerry cartoons, and given the nature of some the episodes (especially S2E3), I can see MLP:FiM becoming this generation's classic cartoon.

*hugs*

I know exactly how you feel. Even now I'm skimming most of the posts and trying to pick topics to reply to; and I'm going to have even less time for ponythread once the little one comes along.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ummmmm I know San Jose is close. We live in a hole in the wall town called Pittsburg. Closest bigger city is Richmond. Maybe Concord might ring a bell: that's where I work.
    yah i know it...when i was stationed at Vallejo and then Alameda i used to drive over to Concord for Laser Tag and Walnut Creek for the Battletech pods at Virtual World all the time

I'm Fifty-six.
    kinda doubted i was eldest...but it was possible
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2011-10-24 at 02:36 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #529
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Right, got to dismantle the dining room to dump the carpet, so this means internet will be now down until sometime tomorrow.

Given how things pan out, you may not hear from me until sometime tomorrow evening (when my birthday will be mostly over...) of course, depending when the carpet arrives verses when I have to go out .
    Have a good birthday and do much partying if you can.

20. - Top - End - #530

You'd better keep up with the roleplay! *shakes fist*

Inkblot's of yet unknown to him and totally unwanted rivalry with Flashpoint for Midnight (or Nightmare?)'s heart is amusing to me.
    Oh, don't worry! I will. This has indeed been fun. Flashpoint has kind of evolved over the course of things, but now that I've been reading my Deadpool comics nonstop for the past few days, he may start resembling his inspiration a bit more.

In other news, I'm currently working on a ponification of Steve Goodman's City of New Orleans. Should have a video up in a few days. I just hope my mother's camera has a mic input for decent sound.
    I have a band!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Ugh, tell me about it. I tried to respond to Clockwork, and by the time I finished my post a further TWO pages of ponythread had emerged.

Cuddlepile was also posting crazy fast, so I think we just had an alignment of the stars or something (maybe because It's Sunday night in the states?) Either way, it should slow down again come the working week.

Happy Birthday to all you birthday ponies; Aotrs Commander and otakuryoga are the only two I managed to catch in that whirlwind of posts.

Have some cake!

Spoiler
    Show

Hehe, ain't I a stinker?

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not a mad! I'm pretty!" Tinker said as she dragged what looked like a mining laser out of a pile of garbage.

"... Yes. Yes I will have some chocolate milk." said Charger. She wondered if they should be stopping this instead of enabling it.
    Clockwork:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Here you go ma'am" Igneous said, as he passed the smoothie to Charger.

He then reached behind him and produced a second cup, complete with matching squiggle straw. Taking a sip, he locked eyes with Second Hand, his expression daring the other pony to ask where that had come from.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-24 at 03:33 AM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

I had a pony dream! A dream about ponies! My first pony dream, that I remember! OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!

I almost never remember my dreams, assuming I have any, and what I do remember of this one is... vague to say the least.

It was something about Rainbow Dash playing a prank on Rarity, wrecking her business by scaring all the customers away (or maybe it was me and later transmorphed into RD .) Rarity paid her back which.... lead to RD needing to take a serious bath (edit: I think Rarity rolled her in mud and manure, actually). I was there and... tried to help RD, I think? And then something happened... I think... maybe she pranked me and it got kinda dark and scary, but I don't remember why.

Vague, and odd, but at least it's an improvement from no dreams to nightmares I definitely don't want to vague and barely remembered pony dreams. Maybe I'll get more pony dreams now, and maybe they'll get better and less... hazy.
    Last edited by Deadly; 2011-10-24 at 03:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Banned

Tinfoil hat? Please. Why would I want to keep the voices out? Do you know how much they can teach you, if you listen right?
    In person, that's less comedic and more tragic. I had an aunt who decided to embrace her ~2% native American heritage, and went on a sun fast. A week in the desert, and now she hears three of the seen test frequencies The Government uses to beam information telepathically to their workers. She helps them develop more nuanced shadow boxes, using at least seven knots per rope, so When they instigate violence in other countries, they can have the people kill each other with hands, or blades and such.

It's really easy to get peopleto kill each other with bullets because it only requires instigating anger. But bullet wounds are aggravated and reverberate, so it's harderto dial t back and rewind when you're done. With the right kind of puppets, you can put on a show and the people will follow the script, and when reversed they are none the wiser of Government tampering.

Perfectly logical, really.
    The thing that bothers me is, if the voices are real, why is it always government conspiracy stuff? Can't we focus on something hats not the illuminati?

Like ponies. I wouldn't mind voices talking about ponies. Unless we disagreed on best pony.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Kris; it's no more "dimension hopping" than walking is. If you walk somewhere, yourehanging coordinates in space and time. If you stand still, you're changing just coordinates in time (minus vast cosmic machinery, Byaku Rai ). You find being in two places at the same time weird, and being in two times at the same place normal, only because of conditioning.

The "other" Leo wouldn't be you; it wouldn't be the same exaltation. It would be a different one. It may eventually feed into or be fed into the other, but they would be distinct by the very fact that they are there and not the same thing occupying the same coordinates.
    It is indeed vast cosmic machinery. And of course it wouldn't be the same Leo, he's currently the only Leo to be a solar exalt. The problem is going to another Exalted universe, which has it's own set of Exaltations. One will be the exact same Exaltation as his, and it's this one that will start a feed back loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Whoops, I had to rush out earlier, so I forgot to include a bit of information for some of the newer ponies here. Yes, it is a continuation of some RP that happened several threads ago now. Basically what happened was that Blueblood was assaulted and insulted, then cursed, and then spent an unknown amount of time being tortured by the Commodore (The other two parts were from two other ponies). He finally was returned to a less-than-supportive Celestia, who shared the sentiment that Blueblood had earned such punishment.

This takes place some time after that, so Blueblood has had some time to heal, and think on what happened. I'd be lying if I said that part of his motivation here wasn't a desire for revenge, but who knows, maybe he can actually change.
    I'm interested in joining in! Especially considering where Leo lives when he's not walking around Ponyville, giving caffeinated bacon to random ponies, trying to find somepony who's a decent tailor, get his shoes replaced, etc.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

Obviously the most important thing to know about Africa is that that's where Equestria is.

(Yes, Equestria is in the same country as District 9. Greatest crossover-in-the-making ever?)
    Umm more like most unsettling crossover ever as with a lot of things to do with the country of South Africa.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoops, I had to rush out earlier, so I forgot to include a bit of information for some of the newer ponies here. Yes, it is a continuation of some RP that happened several threads ago now. Basically what happened was that Blueblood was assaulted and insulted, then cursed, and then spent an unknown amount of time being tortured by the Commodore (The other two parts were from two other ponies). He finally was returned to a less-than-supportive Celestia, who shared the sentiment that Blueblood had earned such punishment.

This takes place some time after that, so Blueblood has had some time to heal, and think on what happened. I'd be lying if I said that part of his motivation here wasn't a desire for revenge, but who knows, maybe he can actually change.
    Hmm, I might be interested ... It provides an opportunity to give Quaver Rest a chance to stretch her legs in the world of RP.

I wonder if Blueblood ever learned how to play a musical instrument?
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-24 at 04:48 AM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm, I might be interested ... It provides an opportunity to give Quaver Rest a chance to stretch her legs in the world of RP.

I wonder if Blueblood ever learned how to play a musical instrument?
    Why would his royal prissiness deign to use the tools of a common minstrel...

Y'know I just had a bit of fridge brilliance, all the pony "high society" that apparently hang around the royal palace for events like the Gala.... are probably all that Princess Luna has had a chance to be around. So no wonder.

28. - Top - End - #538

DX *explains the bad customer experience she had today*

Well, guess there's one upside to my job: we have a sign that says "we reserve the right to refuse service."

Yeah well, you're a privately owned company: I'm public corporation.

Does that mean I can take out stock in you?

O.ô.... Are... Are you coming on to me?

Pfft. That would involve more of a prostitution type joke.

I'm not hearing a "no"~

O.O...Ò.Ó It took me 14 threads to set up that joke! Braz? 37 SECONDS! >o **** you.

I get lucky and usually start these "discussions" we hear about after I post. Though, I'm sure that's how this whole place works ~

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpalbob View Post
    Hahaha! SiuiS STRIKES AGAIN!

Don't worry, I meant it humorously! I'm not really sorry for posting.

Maybe I should be, I guess... I wish it were easier for everypony to keep up with, it's quite the quandary. I've had the advantage of being at my computer almost all weekend, but most have not.
    Well, I have access to the pony thread 24/7, but the timing is never good. Like right now? I have to work in 2 hours. I haven't been to sleep yet tonight and it's 3 am. That's right; I start work at 5 am and I haven't been to sleep yet.

Or disadvantage? I guess it doesn't speak very highly that I had nothing better to do but play games, browse interwebs, and lurk Ponythread... on the one hoof, I'm glad to have as much leisure time as I do, but on the other, I'm envious of people with better things to do with their weekends. You are the lucky ones, you with lives! Be glad for it! All we as of yet less successful ponies have going for us is the internet.
    Wow. I would like to rub this in SiuiS' face, but when I see how much fun he has and how little I do with my "life" (which consist of sleep when I have time, and work) it just makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    *hugs*

I know exactly how you feel. Even now I'm skimming most of the posts and trying to pick topics to reply to; and I'm going to have even less time for ponythread once the little one comes along.
    This is true. :(

I'm sorry :c

*hugs back*
    yah i know it...when i was stationed at Vallejo and then Alameda i used to drive over to Concord for Laser Tag and Walnut Creek for the Battletech pods at Virtual World all the time.
    Yep, that's the one! Man oh man, I wanna play laser tag now~

Ugh, tell me about it. I tried to respond to Clockwork, and by the time I finished my post a further TWO pages of ponythread had emerged.

Cuddlepile was also posting crazy fast, so I think we just had an alignment of the stars or something (maybe because It's Sunday night in the states?) Either way, it should slow down again come the working week.
    I don't really mind the RP's in the thread (they are spoilered thankfully) but passing by them makes me very unhappy. I wish I had time to read them and post in them but most of the time I'm scrambling to catch up, and the first things to go are the stuff in spoilers... mostly because opening them almost ALWAYS messes with my screen proportions >|
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-10-24 at 04:59 AM.
    I love my filly~

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

This thread always moves the fastest while I'm sleeping, it seems. But that won't stop me!

Even though I'm not familiar with the earlier storyline it still sounds rather interesting. Who is his son, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    As an aside, I finally watched Chuck Sonnenburg (SFDebris)'s review of FiM. That was...surprisingly positive, given that this is a man so far out of his element.
    I've always found him to be very fair in his judgements, which is why he's one of my favorite reveiwers.

I ... don't know ... somebody should look into this ASAP.
    Hmmm...

Also, just a small amount of EP4 stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Zecora was really cool in it. Just forgot to mention that earlier.
    Last edited by Athaniar; 2011-10-24 at 05:30 AM.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    Even though I'm not familiar with the earlier storyline it still sounds rather interesting. Who is his son, though?
    Blueblood II.

Edit: Well, primarily Blueblood II. In my canon, he and Gilda have an arranged marriage with a few children, most of whom are horrible, with the worst traits of both parents. Of course, most adults think they're wonderful and the two who are actually nice get all the blame.
    Last edited by Kris Strife; 2011-10-24 at 05:46 AM.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.