New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

((This thread covers all locations south of Canterlot. Map!))

War.

War never changes.

Except when the war involves pastel colored magical talking tiny horses.

In which case war changes quite a bit. But only in so far as it looks a little cuter. Otherwise the horror of war is all too familiar.

Two hundred years ago war raged between Equestria and the Zebra Empire. A war ended decisively with megaspell strikes on each nation, devastating the land and poisoning it with necromantic radiation. The Pegasus sealed up the sky with an omnipresent curtain of clouds, shrouding the surface in perpetual gloom. Survivors retreated into the Stables, massive fallout shelters to protect them from the radiation storm above. Some offered salvation. Others became nightmarish death-traps. But the Stables opened and descendants populated the blasted, blighted wastes.

Some Stables remain closed, forgotten by the world.

The Princesses are dead.

Fell things watch from the Stars.

Unity seeks to consume all.

A new order rises on the backs of slaves.

Harmony is shattered and forgotten.

Discord warps fragile virtue.

And Friendship is dying in the hearts of ponies.

Can light be returned to the Equestrian Wasteland?

Or is suffering and hate its only future?

This can only be answered in the course of time.

This is Fallout Equestria.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

(Moved here because thread rollover.)

[SCIENCE!!! with free basement included]

It's just as well that she waits for a pause. He wouldn't even have noticed otherwise. Even as it is, he visibly jumps a bit when Night Jewel begins speaking, though he's careful enough with his equipment that there is no completely ridiculous slapstick moment.

The sand dog lifts his welding mask and turns toward Night Jewel, revealing a face mostly resembling that of a normal prewar Diamond Dog, with one rather obvious exception: The upper right quarter of his face has been replaced by metal, and one eye is a piercing blue light rather than an organic structure as she no doubt expected. His chest also seems to be nearly entirely artificial, though it is possible that the plating is simply a very form-fitting armor.

His voice even seems very slightly metallic when he responds, as if it is echoing over metal rather than a purely organic lung.

"Leg is practice. What does pony want?"

Not much for pleasantries, it seems. It's probably becoming apparent to Night Jewel just why this individual happens to be a hermit.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Cake Warehouse - Below]

Time to run! Sivr isn't sure if this is a good or a bad revelation. Maybe the vault will be full of ghouls? That could be potentially terrible. Ghouls aren't the nastiest of foes. But against somepony like Rusty? They would rip him apart.

Surprise will be found sitting in front of the entrance to the vault.

She's peering at it.

Peeeeeering.

"Party ponies... If this was some sorta place for training party ponies then why didn't I ever hear about it?" the cyborg muses aloud. "What were you doing down here Pinkie..."

Oh hey!

There's everypony else!

Surprise waves a cheerful hoof!

The not-cheerful (and rotten) hoof that had been on the floor has been replaced with a pile of pink ash. Surprise had apparently decided to clean up a little.

[Cake Warehouse - Entrance]

Unsurprisingly (or maybe surprisingly), Pinkie Pie does not answer Surprise Party's question.

Nor does Check Mark seem particularly concerned about any of the piles of ash or anything. But that's because she has something important to say!
    She thinks.

Peering into the empty entrance-room with a touch of confusion, the ghoul moves towards the security desks.
    "I forgot earlier, Miss Party. There was a shelter drill the day...um, the day I can't remember any more. I think everyone should have been down here when things went bad."

Which probably means something. She's hoping it's something good.
    Maybe they survived down here? It might as well have been as secure as Stables...
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Steel Creel's House

Sparky nodded. "Nice drawing! Anyway, after we... um, have breakfast I guess... I told you I'd take you to see the sun? Would you like to do that?"
    Steel Creel's House

Mags looked at the fibber with a smile. "That would be awesome."

=============
    Wild Rabbit Woods

Suddenly, their campfire was out, just like that, just out.

5. - Top - End - #5

And no lucky...

Surprise is moving cautiously. And... muttering to herself every now and again. Moving cautiously? More like moving hilariously. The cyberpony is standing on her hind hooves and scooting along walls as if expecting somepony to see her at any moment. Once she gets close to the security desk she'll dive over the counter and pop up to examine the consoles on the other side.

Anything displayed on the screens?

Regardless of the answer to that she starts reaching toward them-

-only to stop.

"Twitchy-twitch... Somepony will see... Don't fiddle with the computers. Somepony is still down here," she wrinlkes her nose and peers off at... nothing. "I don't think Rusty is anywhere nearby, either. This would be a lot easier if he were hiding from me!" the pegasus pouts.

Sivr quirks an eyebrow. "Why would Rusty hiding help?"

"Because then I could sneak up on him! Duuuuuh!" Surprise laughs as if that were the most absurd question she had ever heard.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Check Mark looks just a touch confused by Surprise Party's antics, until she remembers reports of Miss Pie.

Then she's just slightly more confused.

"Um...okay...well, I know the computers down here were supposed to be integrated into the security system. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?"

Meanwhile!
    There only one open window on the terminal, evidently something Rusty's pulled up:
    Delivery Manifest #478F349

-Classified: Ministry Mare Approved Access Only-

Note: Fritter's crew is responsible for making sure this gets secured down in the Black Ward. Keep the halls clear between 1300-1400.
    Absentee Spirit

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Trolls Diamond Dogs At Work]

Night Jewel didn't seem too put off. "You see, I had this idea. Since you're so good at making legs, I was wondering if you could make a set of wings for me?"

I wonder who made the adjustments to him? It's not that easy to repair yourself, is it?
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #8

Surprise recognizes that look. She used to see it all the time. The cybermare grins cheerfully at Check Mark. "Surprising ponies is my special talent! That's why Pinkie made me a party technician! I think that's why she put me in the Party Poopers, too... But throwing parties was always way more fun!"

The what now?

"Buuuuh! If the EINet connection were still up then my status would have been updated here. And I'll bet that would come in really hoofy just in case..."
    Surprise reasons, holding up her hooves like a pair of balances. "But on the other hoof the naughty somepony would notice me if I tried to update them myself... I think I need another opinion!"

Surprise looks at Sivr!

The griffon waves her talons in front of herself. "Don't look at me!"

The cybermare then spots a little plastic plant sitting on the desk! She grabs it in her hooves, yanks the fake flowers out, and then begins to shake it upside down rather vigorously.

After several moments of this absurdity a Mister Gutsy painted bright pink may come tumbling out of the physically-too-small-to-contain-him pot.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-15 at 02:01 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

~CLANG~

A Mister Gutsty with a garishly pink paint scheme, yellow and blue balloon decals, and five or so robot limbs with various weapons and claws attached comes tumbling out of the pot, and lands in a heap on the floor. His three optic sensors are all showing a series of multicolored bars. He promptly lets out several filly-like screams.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Sergeant Sprinkles gruffly yelps between terrified shrieks, flailing his robot limbs wildly in panic and confusion. "WHAT'S HAPPENING?!!? AAHH!! AAAH!! AAAAHHH!! I SAW TIME AND SPACE!! WHY AM I STILL OPERATIONAL?! WHY AM I PROGRAMMED TO SURVIVE THIS?!? IS THIS A BUG OR A FEATURE?!?!? AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

And then he notices Surprise.

His eyes revert to neon pink, and he stops flailing wildly. His thruster fires up, he hovers a few feet back off the ground, and he lets out a small cough. "Oh. Hiya Miss PV. Need some assistance?" he dutifully inquires.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Check Mark looks a little leery about this idea.
    Updating the security herself? What would that accomplish other than probably tripping every alarm in the place or something?

"I'm not really sure that's a very good...idea...miss...buh?"

Suddenly robots.

The ghoul's face contorts.
    "...Miss Pie is here somewhere, isn't she?"
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

(Spent a while looking at the setting and trying to figure out if mechanical wings are actually a thing. Sorry for the wait.)

[Diamond Sand Dogs at Work]

Bauhaus stares a moment. His fleshy eye blinks, just an instant before the mechanical one refocuses.

"What pony suggests is not... ...impossible."

However, that kind of diction and pause usually indicates bad news.

"However, pony would also need galvanized spine for wings not tear out, lots of wire anchoring, motor cortex implant for new function, repair talisman, digestive upgrade for fueling talisman and implant, and also metal wings. Pony would go under knife for three days. Five months for full recovery. If no infection."

Well, that's kind of disappointing. Wing upgrades are possible, but the kind of materials here are not sufficient to actually build one that would last inside a pony. While building cyberlegs is good practice, it would be irresponsible to give a pony one that didn't have some way to deal with wear and tear, as well as a power source.

Not to mention that this would be a large use of resources and time for a procedure on a complete stranger. It's nice that they asked politely, but there are limits on what that can get you.

Obviously the question about Bauhaus' own augs gets unanswered because it wasn't actually asked.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

[I Know Just The Music For This Scene...]

"Huh. Maybe I'll wait on that. Still, being dissected and incapacitated for almost half a year is at least a better alternative to losing one's free will," Night Jewel joked.

Seems that world conquest scheme won't be happening too soon.

"In that case, can you make a weapon that can disable spellcasting or at least stun creatures instead? My current throwing knives just aren't cutting it."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

[Wild Rabbit Woods]

Ducard stops dead in his tracks. That second blip... Unnerved him. There were two of them now, or the fjrst one duplicated itself. Not to mention one of them disappeared, and he's pretty far away from camp........ THE CAMP!

Turning around Ducard moves as fast as his hooves can carry him back to camp. Finding the fire out and his companions lying in weakened position the valiant Steel Ranger stomps his hoof and barks "Alright everypony. We got to leave NOW. This place aint safe anymore, there's... something that's circling us. And there might be more of them around. I don't know what it is but i'd rather be safe then sorry."

[TAG Luka, Drowlord, MCerberus]

[Ponyville]

Lamianos grins as he approaches the bandits, marching back and forth, occasionally stoping for a frantic spasm, but quickly resumes his pacing.

"If fighting is sure to result in victory then you must fight! Celestia said that, and I think she knows a little bit more about fighting then you do pal. Because she invented it, and then she perfected it so that no pony would have to fight on the field of battle." He says gruffly. "Umm, what does that have to do with anything?" An inquisitive bandit asks, unsure of what is happening. Lamianos smiles and trots towards him "I'm glad you asked! Do you know how to fight?"

At this point the bandit is just utterly baffled, motioning to his gun he says "Well of course...." Lamianos headbutts him, sending the bandit reeling, snaps the harness for the bandits SMG free, and puts his iron hoof on his throat in one fluid motion. He aims his minigun downward, putting it's multiple barrels against the bandits head"Really? Cause from where i'm standing you don't seem to know jack ****." He breaks into a little manic laughter as he starts kicking in the bandits ribs, smacking his face into the ground, and lacerating his body with cuts. Eventually Lamianos drags the pulp of a pony away into an alley and walks oit, his bloodstained armor clinking all the while "That right there? That was your bosses old weakness. Your under new control now. I'm going to personally sculpt you all into brutal bastards. One broken rib at a time," he growls "IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?"

It's good that they learn there place.

Still, despite his brutal onslaught Lamia left the bandit pony alive, barely, but alive. He was trapped and bound by pieces of debris and whatever Lamianos could find in the alley, essentially trapping and silencing the poor pony.

[TAG Drowlord]

[Southwestern Equestria- The Underground Facility 5:00 PM]

Maul Steel hacks up a bit of blood but he's still pretty unconscious. Perhaps they should get the bloodied pony away from the irradiated sight? Wouldn't want to have him be too irradiated.

[TAG Benson]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2012-11-15 at 09:29 AM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #14

[Ponyville]

"Eehhehehehehee!" comes a tittering laugh as a sickly green unicorn mare with mismatched yellow and red eyes comes sauntering out from around a ruined thatched roof cottage. She's looking awfully healthy for a pony that just got killed pretty darn hard.

Oddly enough if anypony decides to check her corpse they'll find a grey earth pony stallion instead of the insane unicorn. What's up with that?

She points a hoof at Lammy. "You! I like you! You're going to be fun! You're the singing guy, right? Ehehehehehe! Blackheart told me aaaaall about you!"

Wait... Blackheart? Wasn't that the alicorn from Old Appleloosa?

"Yeah. I think we're going to get along great! Love the decoration you did here! These weaklings have really let the place go to Tartaurus since the Goddess stuck that bit in my mouth! But nooooow the reeeeeeigns are broooooken and its tiiiiiiiiiime to pop some heaaaaaaads agaaaaain~!"

Yep.

She's totally cracked.

That grin stretches a little wider that seems physically possible. "Allow me... to introduce myself! I-" she gestures with a hoof to herself. "Am Delirious Hex. The biggest, baddest Raider that has ever lived if I do say so myself! Hehehehe*snort*HAHAHAHAHA! Which I do!"

[Cake Warehouse - Below]

Sivr is about as incredulous as Check Mark is. Though without the benifit of being aware that the things the party pony is pulling off apparently aren't unique to her. So... yeah. Griffon is sitting there with her beak hanging open. "I've seen a lot of weird things in the Wasteland..."

And then a question from a robot!

"I sure do Mister Sprinkles. This is some Ministry of Morale facility that I didn't know about. The connection to the EINet must have been severed when... the Bad Thing happened. So this facility hasn't gotten the updated security from the Manehattan hub designating me as the acting Ministry Mare Morale yet,"
    Surprise explains. "It would probably be super-duper helpful to have a little extra security clearance but if I fiddle with the computers there's a Naughty Pony somewhere in here that would know about it!"

Not a Naughty Pony!

"So do you think I should just leave the computers alone? Or should I try to update them anyway?"

Then a question from a ghoul! That question leaves Surprise sounding a little more somber. "No... I had Mister Sprinkles burn Pinkie Pie's remains and scatter the ashes over Manehattan," a small, sad smile tugs at the corners of the cyberpony's mouth. "I'm sure she's having a nice party with her friends in the Everafter."

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

Maul Steel hacks up a bit of blood but he's still pretty unconscious. Perhaps they should get the bloodied pony away from the irradiated site? Wouldn't want to have him be too irradiated.

[TAG Benson]

"Come...on...we gotta get out of here,"
    Foxfire ordered as she levitated out a small wipe from her pack and cleaned him off of the blood he hacked. "My wagon has all my medical supplies...come on let's go." She ordered Tough Stomp to carry his buddy and so he did so and picked up the meat sack that was Maul Steel.

"What happened?" The little earth pony foal named Half Pint asked with fretting eyes.

"I'm not sure. Might be sick or something, I can't really diagnose it here."
    Foxfire replied and gesturing for the foal to get on her back.

Chief Green Spike stared at the four with narrowed scrutinizing eyes. "No, you do not leave until he has returned the water talisman. I don't care what that stallion says. This creature will be continued to be use in powering it, my people will have their water returned to them!"

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Underground MoM Facility - Entrance

Sergeant Sprinkles waves at Check Mark. "Howdy Miss Mark. Long time no see. Nice to see you're still around, and in your right mind," he cheerfully observes.

He also notes the other griffin. "Oh hey, another griffin."

And then he turns back to Surprise. "Hmmm. Well, you still have yer super-high clearance level from the Pink Voice Project, don'tcha?" the gruff old soldier asks. "Maybe that's good enough. And if we do run into any problems, why not just backtrack and update the status once they know yer here? That way ya don't blow yer cover before ya have to..."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ponyville]

Lamianos looks at delirious hex, watching her whole introduction, and a wolfish grin grows across his face. Inspecting the unicorn mare he circles around her and says "Oh it's so good to know my reputation precedes me. The singing guy. Heh. Blackheart? I think I remember somepony like that, gave me a bit of heartache. HOHOHUEHUEHUEHEHAHAHA! *cough* Blech, urgh, anyway I thought those punks over there killed you to death, but then again, who am I to talk about cheating the reaper?" he breaks down into manic laughter with her, stiffeling it after a few seconds.

Blackheart eh? This is alot of implied knowledge that could be pried further into, well if sensible Slaver Lamianos had the reigns. But right now Raider Lamia just wanted to have a good time with lots of head popping. Still, his subconcious was making an impression, and it forced him to atleast address it. "I aint so sure how to feel about the baddest raider being in my presence. Specially since I still need a bunch of weaklings to kick around and do stuff. But hell, you only live once right? Well, unless your us." And then more laughing.

Yup.

A cracked bloody pair made straight in Tartarus. Sweet Celestia have mercy on their souls.....

[Inside Maul Steel's head]

Maul drifts off into a kind of hallucination, his memory going fuzzy as he begins to relive something....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Doesn't seem to be much around, just a old shack in the middle of the wasteland, not much to it save for some supplies strewn about and a single brahmin tethered to a pole outside. The top of the shack erroded away a long long time ago, and the front door seems to have seen better days. Lurking inside of the shed is an orange red unicorn and a decrepid brown ghoul mare. Her legs having rotted away to the bone and her mouth in a similar state of dismay. Yet still it seemed she managed to smile at the young unicorn as he played around with a ball, floating it too and fro.

The young unicorn looks up and says "...I'm hungry..."
    The smile disappears from the ghouls face, her eyes looking over their meager rations "I know Maul... I know... I'll go out foraging again tommorow. Maybe even go to New Appleoosa, see what I can get from Ditzy...." She lies her head down, staring at the rusted wall of the shed as the unicorn curls up beside her.

A few hours pass and night begins to fall, yet all is not quite on the homefront. Grunts and growls are heard outside, 3-4 voices with most of them sounding like they're complaining. As they get closer what they say is more apparent

"Ugh, we've been walking all day. We gotta sit down and rest eventually."
    "Are you kidding me? That raid was such a bust that we need to make up lost time."
    "Well how about we just sit down in that shed and rest for 3 hours, just enough to get our legs ready again?"
    "Hmmm.... Fine. But you get first watch."

The young Maul Steel begins to promptly freak out, sweat rolling down his head as he glances to his ghoul guardian. Her face turns stern, she goes into the corner of the room, picking up a long shotgun and her assorted knives. Mounting herself she readies herself at the door for their abrupt entrance. The raiders approach the shed with greater speed and one of them opens the door, only to find.....

A face full of lead. Horrid bloody lead soaring through his skull and neck, his corpse stumbling backwards from the sheer force of it. The ghoul mare growls as she looks down the 3 others, who promptly brandish there own weapons and engage in a fight. It was quick and brutal, shotgun shells flying, baseball bat swinging, and pistol rounds soaring as they meet their bloody finish. Another raider slumps to the ground dead, but the ghoul is lying on the ground, clinging to life as she can barely hold her head up. Maul screams, looking at the display infront of him. "Just stop fighting, stop fighting, STOP FIGHTING!" He mentally screams as his horn glows and something taps into that moment of desperation that would scar him forever. Something dark and malevolent, Eldritch Horrors infathomable, the stars. His eyes glow unnaturally as his horn blazes, a streak of star powered light surging forward and covering all that lied infront of him.

He certainly got them to stop fighting, the Raiders and whatever they wielded burnt to ash. But at the same time the ghoul was gone aswell, her frame reduced to nothing, the only piece left of her being the knives she kept at her side. Looking upon his work the young unicorn broke down in tears, crawls into the corner, and lies there alone for the rest of the night........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:05 PM]

Maul Steel awakens, his eyes still fuzzy from exerting all of his reserved strength. He looks to Chief Greenspike, defeat covering his face, and he submits to the bastard Chief's demands. With what little energy he has left he picks up the water talisman and limply throws it at the Chief "You want it? Take it....." There was nothing left to do, he couldn't kill the ponies infront of him, and yet he couldn't just let the ghoul rot. Still, if he failed to kill them they'd just do the ghoul in anyway. Oh how wonderful the wasteland can be at times.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

18. - Top - End - #18
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wild Rabbit Woods

Finder kind of shivers at the sudden lack of warmth. This quickly passes and he continues sleeping. Then there's voices that cause him to stir, but he's still pretty tired and sleeping is nice.

So the scavver is still asleep, dreaming he's not in the middle of nowhere.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [I Know Just The Music For This Scene...]

"Huh. Maybe I'll wait on that. Still, being dissected and incapacitated for almost half a year is at least a better alternative to losing one's free will," Night Jewel joked.

Seems that world conquest scheme won't be happening too soon.

"In that case, can you make a weapon that can disable spellcasting or at least stun creatures instead? My current throwing knives just aren't cutting it."

[Do Tell!]

"Better tools, materials make easier. Dog have neither."

And then the subject is changed.

"Drop spells? Like EMP?"

Bauhaus reaches into his coat and casually pulls out his EMP rod.

"This one mine, but could make another with blank talisman."

20. - Top - End - #20

Wild Rabbit Woods

[Here might be changes.]

Steel Creel's Place

Sparky chuckled quietly. "Great! Now, just to get Steel up. So, Mags, should I wake up mister sleepyhead the easy or hard way?"

Ponyville

Doc Patch's eyes set in a laserlike glare upon the huge pony. A huge, deliberate grin crossed his face, almost feral, for a moment. The non-pulped ponies almost grimaced in dread. They knew that Doc's smile meant somepony was going to die if they could die, and they would not like their death. It was a fact, though, that this crazy behemoth was powerful enough to grind their leader to bloody bits if he got close. Either way, it was not going to be pretty.

Until he got revenge, though, there was the matter of the poor pony who Lamnios had pulverized. The doc quickly pulled a bunch of bandages, pieces of wood, five healing potions, and a stretcher out of a saddlebag. Trotting into the alley, he applied the medical supplies and potions expertly after getting the rubble off of him. He'd probably saved Bent Barrel's life, but he couldn't guarantee that. He spread the stretcher out under the pony and went back to his group. They were so angry at Lamnios they were almost fuming, but they held back. One especially, a powerfully-built mare in incredibly heavy barding, was literally hissing with rage. He spoke quietly to his group.

"Is he right? Is the pony who's saved your lives hundreds of times weak because he doesn't fight always? Because he's made you rich and great?"

There was a swift and affirmative shaking of heads.

"Bella, you can show him your stuff. Double dose of Dash for you tomorrow, and extra Stampede. He'll be willing to take you on. This kind always is."

The powerful mare slammed her hoof on the ground. "He better be."
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-11-15 at 05:07 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Ponyville

Crush.
    Kill.
    Destroy.
    Swag
    Unless the raider pulls out some crazy ninja moves, is lucky, or something else, it really isn't an issue of 'if he'll kill the raider'. It's more 'will the dead thing that remains still be vaguely pony-shaped'. Since he's already killing, might as well indulge the crazy urge in his head. Razoreye will probably come-to in a few seconds at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Ponyville]

Well, since flipping Pineapple is something that requires moving her without being able to take advantage of one's own weight, the first thing the mare is likely to notice is that Ms. Blast is ridiculously heavy. On top of already being in excellent physical condition with a large amount of dense muscle built up, she's carrying a grenade launcher and three saddlebags filled with (thankfully stable) explosives and chemicals for making explosives. The act of forcing Pineapple's bulk off of her might take a lot more energy out of her than she would have expected it to.

Assuming that she actually has the strength to successfully do that, though, Pineapple's defenses against being smacked in the face are notably absent. The mare is still snarling in a rather berserk manner, though, and certainly isn't down yet. The vicious attacks find their mark, though, and Boxhead-mare now has a momentary tactical advantage!

At this point, the aforementioned wound between the eyes has been torn fairly wide, and there is quite a bit of blood flowing out of it. She's not about to die from blood loss anytime soon, but it's going to need stitches regardless of healing potion availability. There's also some blood in her nostrils, and she'd be spitting up some too if she were in a position to spit anything properly. One of her ears looks a bit battered, but will probably perk up again in time. Overall, though, it seems that the mare's face is notably resistant to smashing-in, though that doesn't mean she isn't going to be seriously injured by the end of this fight.

In any case, while said battering is occurring, Pineapple tries to viciously disable Boxhead-mare, striking at the soft muscle underneath the shoulder on the leg she's using to attack before attempting to slash across her underside for proper disembowelment.

[Ponyville]

Oh hey, Hex is still here.
    Anyone surprised? No?
    Yeah...

Razoreye's target is most definitely going to be dead.
    One way or another. If anyone had bothered to notice, blood was already starting to seep out of his ears...the griffon merely offered a more violent end.

Probably deserved it, really.

Meanwhile, inside!
    The strength of dying insanity is immeasurable...but so is its lack of observation.

Smash smash smash...boxhead-mare is very focused on trying her best to make Pineapple's face stop being on the outside, and start being on the inside, even if she has to sacrifice an arm for it.

So much so, that she doesn't really notice the contents of her stomach doing the exact opposite.
    Pineapple will feel the warmth of that particular choice, in time to feel the now one-armed blows lighten.

Smash smash smash! Smash smash! Smash! Smack! Smack. Pat.

Almost everything that should be inside the mare is ceasing to be so, and even madness can't imprison the spark of life within her body longer. After a hateful glare, and another puff of cloud from the broken box on her head, the lights dim, and she quits the world in a bloody slump.

Another spark from the box, and the psychic scream dims further.

Check Mark isn't saying much right now.
    She was just being a bit incredulous, staring at what happened. It never really got any easier when she saw Pinkie Pie do it, why would it be easier now?

And then hearing, rather clearly, that Miss Pie's body had not only been confirmed, but burned and spread to the winds...

There's a sharp intake of unnecessary breath, and the ghoul walks right back out of the warehouse.

She doesn't go very far, just to stand near the stares. But she needed to look at something other than balloons and cupcakes for a moment.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post

Maul Steel awakens, his eyes still fuzzy from exerting all of his reserved strength. He looks to Chief Greenspike, defeat covering his face, and he submits to the bastard Chief's demands. With what little energy he has left he picks up the water talisman and limply throws it at the Chief "You want it? Take it....." There was nothing left to do, he couldn't kill the ponies in front of him, and yet he couldn't just let the ghoul rot. Still, if he failed to kill them they'd just do the ghoul in anyway. Oh how wonderful the wasteland can be at times.

The unicorn warrior lifted up the broken water talisman with his telekinsis and handed it over to Chief Green Spike who looked at it with glee.

"Oh, don't be like that. This is for the good of my people. If I only have to sacrifice this creature, in a manner of speaking, then I can save my people. What is more important? The needs of the many outweigh the so called needs of one."

Tough Stomp and Foxfire looked him feeling a little sick, and it wasn't from the radiation poisoning either.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post

Steel Creel's Place

Sparky chuckled quietly. "Great! Now, just to get Steel up. So, Mags, should I wake up mister sleepyhead the easy or hard way?"

"Mmmm....let's be nice, so easy....he's been good, so I want to go the nice route!" She said nuzzling the sleeping stallion.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-11-15 at 04:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Here It Is]

"What kind of materials would you need? Maybe I can find them for you."

Night Jewel then sniffed at the rod. "Hmm. Looks like I could work with that. I think I know where to find a talisman, actually."

In fact, I think I've got a plan that will at least make getting the wings easier if I can pull it off. Plus, it'll mean a chance to deal with a little bit of unfinished business. I just need to figure out how to do it. This is going to be fun.
    Last edited by PurityIcekiller; 2012-11-15 at 06:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleloosa

As Bright Eyes and the refugee ponies wandered closer to New Appleloosa, they would find themselves stopped by the new guards stationed at the gates. Above waaaay on a catwalk ledge was a sniper, not particularly pointing at them, but keeping a watchful eye on them.

"Halt. Identify yourselves and reason for entry." An earth pony guard asked of Bright Eyes and the refugees. Even if she had been here, didn't mean she was recognized.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[New Appleloosa]

Oh look, town guards.
    Not particularly weird.

The refugees remain fairly quiet here, shuffling their hooves and generally looking not-threatening.

The vocal mare glances at Bright Eyes, expecting her to be the voice here.
    But if Bright doesn't go for it, the mare is happy to take the mantle of spokespony once again...
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #26
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponyville

After a bit too long ensuring the corpse isn't presentable, Razoreye looks up. Now that's he's... indulged... things look just a bit clearer. The griffin takes to the skies and tries to figure out where everypony is... and his going over towards Lamianos is quickened by the sight of the strangers.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

27. - Top - End - #27

[Cake Warehouse - Below]

The cyberpegasus nods sagely as the robot speaks. "That sounds like a great plan Mister Sprinkles! And that's Sivr! She's a friend of Sven's!"

The griffon in question coughs slightly. "Closer to business associates. I don't know him that well, honestly."

"The best of friends!" Surprise repeats, apparently having completely glazed over Sivr's remake. The griffon rolls her eyes. "There's another pony who was down here with us, but he seems to have wandered off on his own. Probably looking for that."

She points a hoof at the entry that had been called up on the computer. "Sivr thinks that we should get some more help and come back later. And I don't think it would be very nice to leave Rusty here all alone."

Sort of lethal, too.

And hey, look at that. Checky is wandering off on her own! Surprise bites her lip, glances at the others, and follows the ghoul out. She'll sit down next to her without a word.

Sivr coughs awkwardly. "So... I take it you know Surprise Party? What... is she?"

[Ponyville]

Oh yes.

All sorts of fun!

"There were plenty of weaklings until you went and killed them all! But you know what they say. Can't raise a depraved army of Raiders withing slaughtering a few dozen ponies for the fun of it."

Hex begins to laugh. Her tittering insane giggles slowly rising into increasingly maniacal shrieks. And should any of the other ponies nearby begin to nervously laugh along with her she suddenly stops and fixes them with a dangerously enraged glare.

"What are YOU laughin' at?"

Yep.

Absolutely bucking insane.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-15 at 07:14 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

[New Appaloosa]

Bright Eyes stopped obediently and smiled. "Relax, I'm Bright Eyes. I was here earlier, and I don't mean any harm. I'm just helping these refugees here find a place for themselves.

"Did something bad happen? This town wasn't so on guard when I last visited."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Check Mark wants to cry.
    It's plain in her posture, the miserable look in her eyes, and the gloomy silence around her.

Her body just can't.
    And this fact isn't escaping her, making it even worse.

Just another horrible part of this new world she's been pulled into.

It takes a moment before she actually acknowledges Surprise, to put the effort into using her scratchy voice. Not her voice...just...this body's voice.
    "Why did you have to wake me up?"
    She can't change the world the way Surprise wants her to, so why bother? Mark's just a paper pusher who happened to work under the world's most reality-defying pony.
    Absentee Spirit

30. - Top - End - #30

Yeah...

Surprise found out recently that her tear ducts were gone. Which was fairly jarring. Wanting to cry and being unable to cry really hit home just how... changed... she is.

Is she even really a pony anymore?

"I had retreated into Pink Voice. Buried myself in it," the cyberpony responds slowly. Deliberately. "Because it hurt too much to acknowledge what had happened. A few days ago some ponies came to the Ministry Hub in Manehattan and woke me up. It..."

She clinches her teeth.

"It hurt. It hurt so much. I had eyes all over Equestria, Checky... I saw the world burn. I watched those ponies die. And there was nothing I could do. And when they woke me up all those memories came rushing back. Everything that I had hidden in a deep, dark pit was exposed. And it broke my heart. But..."

Surprise looks over at the ghoul, her eyes glimmering with hopefulness. "But I don't want to go back to being asleep. Not now. Not since I've seen that there are hurting ponies left to help."

She reaches out tentatively to put a hoof on the ghoul's withers.

"I thought... maybe... you would feel the same way I did. I'm sorry if you don't..."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-15 at 08:00 PM.