New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

The votes on me are getting a little to high for my liking, so I'm switching to AvatarVecna. Sorry, but you're the only other lynch at three.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2019-12-03 at 09:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

After what happened last game, I wouldn't really blame anybody for not trusting AvatarVecna.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    You know, at first I thought: ah, flyinglemur has made himself the center of attention. Clearly, no wolf would do that. My second thought was: but, an experienced player would know this. The benefit of increased activity could be outweighed by a general town-lean towards a wolf. Perhaps they are a wolf after all. Then, I decided to poke them for more information, as they didn't have any votes on them at the time.

(Unrelated, is GitP being really, really laggy with replies, edits, and reloads for anyone else?)
    Yay WIFOM! I don't see any reason to think the wolf case is more likely, but I suppose it's good enough reason for a day 1 poke vote. Gonna be watching Caerulea in the future, though.

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    The Fullmetal Mod: We're aware.

In other news, flyinglemur.
    Any particular reason for that, flat_footed?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I missed that there was a page 2 when I made that last post... I'm just gonna ignore that self vote for now, in my experience AV does it as often if not more often as town than as wolf.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I don't really have an opinion between flyinglemur and AvatarVecna.
    Also, I guess we can vote for ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    oblivionkeeper7 is the CEO’s Child.
    oblivionkeeper, I just sent you a PM with a QuickTopic and revealed my Role to you. If anyone else claims the same Role, I recommend you NOT let me know and NOT tell them what I claimed. One of us is a lying wolf, and it's reasonable the wolves might try a similar gambit.
    BUT, if I die and am revealed as what I said I am, whoever claimed the same role is almost certainly a wolf so please out them as such so they get lynched or night-killed by the SYSADMIN.

Please don't reveal my role-claim publicly, unless I die.
    If the Friendly Annoyance proves what they are to you, please share the link I sent you with them.

To the Accountant: if you can somehow prove to us who you are via PM, please do so. Of course, it's hard for us to trust you're not a wolf by your word alone. Hmm... anyway, it'd be good if you can ally with us somehow. If you can think of a way to prove your trustworthiness, send the strategy and/or proof to me via PM.
    Or maybe I'll just invite you to a three-way chat between me, oblivionkeeper, and you, with you and me not fully trusting each other

And now to see if this gets me fired today. I guess I didn't lie when I wrote 'Team Player' on my resume. Well, if I do get canned, I guess I can just spend time reading webcomics until this blows over.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

flyinglemur is seeming pretty suspicious at the moment.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Hmmm... you might have a point. If I can Unix the Linux of their OS, we might be able to get some info out of flyinglemur

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Also, I guess we can vote for ourselves?
    It's not illegal, just inadvisable. Unless you're me, then it's SOP.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I’d like to point out that this is an absolutely terrible mistake on town’s part, or else a really well done wolf ploy. I’ll toss out my thoughts before I die, because I don’t think I can change anyone’s mind. PartyofRouges seems a bit suspect with their one line vote and nothing else. Avatar Vecna seems probably town, I doubt a wolf would take such a big risk as voting for themselves when it would break a tie.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    I’d like to point out that this is an absolutely terrible mistake on town’s part, or else a really well done wolf ploy. I’ll toss out my thoughts before I die, because I don’t think I can change anyone’s mind. PartyofRouges seems a bit suspect with their one line vote and nothing else. Avatar Vecna seems probably town, I doubt a wolf would take such a big risk as voting for themselves when it would break a tie.
    You're new here. You'll learn, in time.

My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by flyinglemur View Post
    I feel some agreement with flyinglemur. It seems really odd how the votes starting piling up between him and AvatarVecna.
    I get the feeling neither are wolf, but the wolves are using this to get a non-wolf lynched. So either the wolves are someone who put in an innocuous vote OR they are standing on the sidelines letting us vote each other off.
    The only reason I'd still have any suspicion of flyinglemur is that they haven't role-claimed in hopes to save their life. But it's only halfway-ish through the Day, and the votes could swing another way, so it'd be hastey for him to reveal yet. That's more a "I die in a few hours" sorta move, not a "I die in 24 hours if nothing changes" move.

So, out of those who voted for flyinglemur, I'll lean flat_footed. In part since The Outsider died early last game and most of the others seem like new players to the GitP mafia scene.

flyinglemur, if you are wolf and I get dragged down for defending you... well, I will feel bad, but be dead, so nothing to really do about it then, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

After seeing AvatarVecna's reply (which I didn't see before writing the above), I'm tempted to move my vote to her. Her teasing that she is a wolf seems like a fun activity she'd enjoy, at least from my reading of last game.

But I'm not moving my vote at least at this point... so I guess she's really that good?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Leading Votes:
    AvatarVecna (4): Xihirli, gac3, flyinglemur, AvatarVecna
    flat_footed (4): Elenna, PartyOfRogues, JeenLeen, Grek
    flyinglemur (4): flat_footed, The Outsider, YoshiCline, Caerula

Not Voting: oblivionkeeper7
    Votes To Delete: 8/15

Reasoning: Terse/quiet, joins in on the no-evidence flyinglemur vote. Supposedly that's normal for them, but it's still suspicious IMHO.

Waiting on oblivion to explain how we're handling claims (public? private? who should claim? will oblivion be sharing claims, or doing like JeenLeen wisely suggests and keeping it compartmentalized for safety?) before I send mine in.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure how to take Avatar Vecna's choice. Knowing there is that role that kills someone who votes for them makes me want to switch off. But there is always the chance AV is merely thinking "I'm not a particularly useful role but maybe the others on the chopping block are" so I'll go back and double check where they voted (it seems I missed that) and see if they said.

Edit: Interesting. It seems they basically just said they were untrustworthy... But I also don't really trust flat footed. I guess for now I will leave my vote?
    Last edited by gac3; 2019-12-03 at 01:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Leading Votes:
    Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I'm not sure how to take Avatar Vecna's choice. Knowing there is that role that kills someone who votes for them makes me want to switch off. But there is always the chance AV is merely thinking "I'm not a particularly useful role but maybe the others on the chopping block are" so I'll go back and double check where they voted (it seems I missed that) and see if they said.

Edit: Interesting. It seems they basically just said they were untrustworthy... But I also don't really trust flat footed. I guess for now I will leave my vote?
    I think that, for all practical purposes, we should count AvatarVecna as having 3 votes on her. She can easily move the vote from herself to someone else before the deadline.

Though... It would be unusually amusing if she is the retaliator and, as a result of her power, targets herself for death after she's killed, thus wasting her power. I reckon the GM didn't anticipate what happens if the retaliator kills themself.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

I think that, for all practical purposes, we should count AvatarVecna as having 3 votes on her. She can easily move the vote from herself to someone else before the deadline.

Though... It would be unusually amusing if she is the retaliator and, as a result of her power, targets herself for death after she's killed, thus wasting her power. I reckon the GM didn't anticipate what happens if the retaliator kills themself.
    Oh yeah, I'm with you on that. But given that I have no reason to suspect the other two, I figure I'd leave my vote and see what happens. At least until something else comes to light.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Amusing reading people trying to interpret my self-vote. You'll learn, in time.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2019-12-03 at 02:34 PM.

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #46

WolfInSheepsClothing

Well, Avatar is purely following her own tradition. Flying lemur seems NS for the reasons already given. So, flat_footed, please speak now or forever rest in peace.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I just realized the game started around 2 am (at least Eastern time zone in USA) not 2 pm. That's... not great for me for any last-minute changes or self-defense moves.

Also stating it explicitly in case anyone else missed that. Night 1 should be starting tonight, if I'm reading the times right. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

18. - Top - End - #48

WhiteWizardGirl

My understanding is 8 hours, 40 minutes from the time of this post. We should, uh, probably do something.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

My understanding is 8 hours, 40 minutes from the time of this post. We should, uh, probably do something.
    Do something such as?

20. - Top - End - #50

WhiteWizardGirl

Well, it's traditional to off someone day one. What with that being the primary way to get evidence of who is and isn't a baddie.

I suggest having everyone who's not currently voting for one of the lead votes (that's oblivionkeeper7 and kgato503) chime in on who they think is most suspicious out of the three being considered.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Grek, not sure if you're used to games where a majority vote is needed for lynch? Standard rules around here are to always lynch whoever has the most votes regardless of how many that is. (I'm not sure how BoP is dealing with ties but my guess would be that whoever got to that number first gets lynched.)
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

22. - Top - End - #52

WhiteWizardGirl

Yeah, where I usually play if no one person gets a majority vote before the day ends, nobody gets lynched.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm still not used to the concept where it feels so horribly that somebody might not get lynched. It feels so messed up in a funny way but I get it only helps the wolves and stuff if we don't

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Leading Votes:
    flat_footed (4): Elenna, PartyOfRogues, JeenLeen, Grek

Not Voting: oblivionkeeper7
    Votes To Delete: 8/15

Reasoning: Terse/quiet, joins in on the no-evidence flyinglemur vote. Supposedly that's normal for them, but it's still suspicious IMHO.

Waiting on oblivion to explain how we're handling claims (public? private? who should claim? will oblivion be sharing claims, or doing like JeenLeen wisely suggests and keeping it compartmentalized for safety?) before I send mine in.

I just noticed that you have oblivionkeeper7 down as not voting, but they have, in fact, voted for AvatarVecna.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I'm just going to change my vote to flat_footed before AvatarVecna inevitably takes the vote off themselves.

26. - Top - End - #56

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    I just noticed that you have oblivionkeeper7 down as not voting, but they have, in fact, voted for AvatarVecna.
    Whoops.

Revised Votes:
    flat_footed (6): Elenna, PartyOfRogues, JeenLeen, Grek, Unavenger, flyinglemur
    AvatarVecna (4): Xihirli, gac3, AvatarVecna, oblivionkeeper7
    Elenna (1): kgato503

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

I realize that flat_footed could just be busy, but that they haven't tried to save their life or claimed a role makes me think 1) they are inactive currently (after posting that vote for flyinglemur) or 2) they know they, as a wolf, can't successfully claim a role as we have max players and thus are just hoping something swings the vote.

-----

@oblivionkeeper: I hope being the CEO's Child hasn't gotten nerve-wrecking with the perhaps-slew of private messages you've received, including my own. I think you have a rare position as a great town asset as you are a known Town, but as you have no power the wolves are probably better off killing someone else and leaving you alive.
    Basically, I'm writing this to say I hope you still enjoy the game and have fun.

Also, sometime during the Night Phase I plan to post a few things to the QuickTopic. If I die, please share them publicly as it will likely help lynch a wolf. I'd recommend that for anything shared privately, share it once the sharer dies: if it's a Town, they probably have info they want known but are afraid to share lest it draw wolf aggression; if they are a wolf, what lies they tell you are useful intel for the rest of us.

28. - Top - End - #58

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    After what happened last game, I wouldn't really blame anybody for not trusting AvatarVecna.
    That's an excellent point. Even when we were on the same side, you were prepared to kill me, AvatarVecna.

Other reasoning:
    A few people have shown up and just posted a vote, and a sentence with little analysis. These people have a tendency to vote for either flyinglemur or flat_footed, and I'm a bit suspicious of that, so I'm voting for the only other possible wagon.

Edit:
    I think you have a rare position as a great town asset as you are a known Town, but as you have no power the wolves are probably better off killing someone else and leaving you alive.

Yeah, leaving confirmed/probably town alive, like say, a claimed pair of lovers, has never backfired on anyone.
    Last edited by Caerulea; 2019-12-03 at 10:43 PM.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

29. - Top - End - #59
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

I realize that flat_footed could just be busy, but that they haven't tried to save their life or claimed a role makes me think 1) they are inactive currently (after posting that vote for flyinglemur) or 2) they know they, as a wolf, can't successfully claim a role as we have max players and thus are just hoping something swings the vote.
    Busy. I only posted when I did to head off the "board is slow" conversation. I figured it would be wolfy to post that without voting, but couldn't spare enough focus to do much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    That's an excellent point. Even when we were on the same side, you were prepared to kill me, AvatarVecna.

Other reasoning:
    A few people have shown up and just posted a vote, and a sentence with little analysis. These people have a tendency to vote for either flyinglemur or flat_footed, and I'm a bit suspicious of that, so I'm voting for the only other possible wagon.

Edit:

Yeah, leaving confirmed/probably town alive, like say, a claimed pair of lovers, has never backfired on anyone.
    I think I'd remember if something like that happened.
    No, this is fine. If the baner covers you you're safe. Done. Not 50% safe.

Hey all. I've been watching and looking. There's a lot going on in the game but for a lot if it I didn't have much to add and that's real bad for town. My AV poke took off and I don't have better ideas right now.

Yeah, sorry. Bad town, Xi!
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!