New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    LacyPushUpBra
    Guest in the Playground

Default Re: FFRP Central: All players start here!

Lulz I just want a place to roleplay without the hastle of a DM, but have no idea how to enter one that's already going.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LacyPushUpBra View Post
    Lulz I just want a place to roleplay without the hastle of a DM, but have no idea how to enter one that's already going.
    The process varies depending on the RP. Generally, the rules of each one will be in the first post of their OOC thread; Or, failing that, you can just introduce yourself in that thread and ask about creating a character.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Barbarian in the Playground

@Phosphate:
    there are a lot of powerful characters in the Nexus. How people respond to it depends on how they're played.
    You could make one and see how people respond to it.

@LacyPushUpBra:
    You can look at the OOC thread (out of character thread) of the setting you're interested in.
    The first post provides intructions and such on how to join. Any questions can also be asked in those threads.
    Peter by Derjuin
    NEXUS characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eadin by Akrim.elf

Catherine by Gulaghar:

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Hi. My request may seem like much at first but....

I would like to start off in an universe where I could be pretty strong from the get go (pretty strong from the get go = able to singlehandedly slaughter the equivalent of a group of 4 level 5 fighters) without that upsetting anyone.

Thanks in advance.
    You want the Nexus. But for the love of god, don't play him as liking slaughter, because for a character to work in the Nexus, there's an upper limit of aggressiveness +power that works. The guy who could kick anyone's ass in a fight will go down better if he never starts a fight himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #815
    Firbolg in the Playground

A question: I wish to start running a "You are a x" game, and was wondering were exactly I would post that. I do not see many on this forum in particular, so if anyone could tell me where it fits, exactly, it would be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    A question: I wish to start running a "You are a x" game, and was wondering were exactly I would post that. I do not see many on this forum in particular, so if anyone could tell me where it fits, exactly, it would be wonderful.
    Could you elaborate on what sort of game you're trying to start? You haven't actually told us anything about it.

7. - Top - End - #817

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Could you elaborate on what sort of game you're trying to start? You haven't actually told us anything about it.
    It's basicly a suggestion game. There is a single charecter, and the players votes determine what the charecter does.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    It's basicly a suggestion game. There is a single charecter, and the players votes determine what the charecter does.
    In that case, I would think that it belongs one section up, in Silly Message Board Games. That's just a guess, though, since I'm not a moderator.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

Try sending a PM to Zeb, or one of the other moderators of this section. They'll be able to give an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #820

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    Try sending a PM to Zeb, or one of the other moderators of this section. They'll be able to give an answer.
    Thank you!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey all!

I was a part of a Star Wars-themed RP board a few years ago (Dewback Wing, if anyone's heard of it...), and I really appreciated that it was more about telling stories than about rolling dice. I've been thinking of getting back into that recently, but ideally it would be nice to do a series of one-shots, as opposed to a long, continuous storyline. Is this the right place for that sort of thing?

Second, after reading up on the different worlds, it seems like the Nexus might be ideal for what I'm looking for. At first I had hoped to find a strictly-fantasy thread to join, but after reading up on a few of the available options, I had a better idea.

I'd like to play a young man who's wit is as sharp as his blade. He comes from a (perhaps mundane) 15th-century analog, and got sucked through a portal into the world of Nexus. He'll start off with period clothing, gear, and experience, and I think it would be fun to tell the story of him upgrading into a John Carter-esque hero.

Here's my question: if I want to start playing in Nexus, do I need to make a character sheet, post background info somewhere, or can I just jump in?

Thanks!
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, there is a Nexus Character Directory, but posting your character/backstory there or, anywhere else for that matter, is in no way required. Just jump on in if you wish!

I'd recommend starting in one of the the taverns, particularly Trog's.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

13. - Top - End - #823

Hullo!

Character sheets aren't strictly required. As a matter of fact, I've noticed tons of somewhat elaborate character concepts that get posted in the Character thread and then they never show up anywhere In Character.

Personally I would say that interacting with other players In Character is more important than having a sheet. Sheets are strictly optional. Though they're nice to have to get an idea of what someone looks like, what their abilities are, and so forth.

Jumping in anywhere is totally fine. Outside (wilderness/rural area) Inside (urban area) or one of the Taverns are all great places to start. Some people randomly get teleported into the Nexus. Some get dumped through portals. Some just start wandering and walk there unintentionally.

An important thing to keep in mind about the Nexus is that it is quite possible to make themed locations. You could make, for example, a purely fantasy region in the Outside thread for people to interact with. The one potential downside would be that non-fantasy characters might show up there as well. If you're willing to bump into the odd cyborg overlord, sniper cat, or friendly eldritch abomination then the Nexus is a great place to let your imagination run wild.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #824

Just to say this before and not after: I fully intend to join as a totally new player. I'm jumping in.
    Last edited by Drowlord; 2012-06-20 at 01:44 PM.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

This week, on terrible FFRP ideas...

Star Trek ITP?

My idea is that the players would be the officers and crew of a Federation starship, exploring the galaxy and stuff. For plots, people would take turns roleplaying out the temporal vortex/alien menace of the week. Otherwise, it'd just be life as normal on the vessel, with the all the interpersonal friction you'd probably expect from shoving a bunch of people, some of them aliens, in a glorified tin can and telling them to study gaseous anomalies.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like it. I would be in given enough time, and no real knowledge of the star trek universe I think I could make up a character. I love space characters.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

While it's not fully free-form, I figured I would advertise here for a mostly free form game revolving around the world of Naruto. If anyone is interested the thread is here

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Random, ridiculous idea that just came up in my head:
    ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE VS ALIEN INVASION.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's the backstory: a viral zombie plague (various strains having different effects in terms of mutation and impact on cognitive ability) flares up worldwide in the early 80s after a rash of natural disasters and conflicts---and doesn't get wiped out by Nic Cage within a month. It adapts and evolves, mostly because the better viral strains lead the infected to get killed less than others, and retention of cognitive ability ends up being a big factor in that. Worse, wars break out instead of cooperation... leading, after about 30 years, to the zombies winning, more or less. The infected don't wipe out humanity, however, because while zombies are damn good at making more zombies, they're only good at it when there are humans to be infected and converted in the first place---zombies may have managed to keep nearly all human thinking capabilities (though most of them are much more instinct-driven and impulsive) but their ability to make zombie babies is effectively nil.
    So here we have a weird sort of deal. Humans are kept in cities and allowed to live whatever's left of a "normal" life any more, but convicts are often infected and introduced into the zombie population---which is admittedly not as horrible as it sounds, seeing as the virus's effects mostly eradicate memories of one's past life, so one can get a fresh start on life.
    And talons.
    And a thirst for blood.
    So things are sort of manageable until about, say, 2018, about 5 years after the zombies "won".
    2018 is when aliens decide to invade, and since their intentions are basically "strip planet bare, then dig up anything valuable and strip it even more bare, then slag the place for some core-iron or something", zombies running the world sounds relatively okay.
    So of course, zombies and humans have to fight off the alien menace because nobody but Earthlings takes over Earth, dammit!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

That's an unrealistic scenario, Beans.

The zombies would outsmart the aliens the moment they landed. If they're going to the effort of trying to mine an inhabited planet then it's obvious they don't know their ass end of a warp drive from their own face.

Clearly the RP should be about the zombies, with their newly acquired alien technology, flying off into space in search of BRAAAAINS. *nod nod*
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2012-07-29 at 07:00 PM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

That's totally going to be the sequel.
    And the aliens, yes, will embody all the problems of movie alien invasions.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #831

SO!

Gauging interest here.

Myself and a number of others have been kicking around the idea of starting up a Fallout: Equestria RP.

For those unaware it is Fallout!

With ponies!

For those who ARE familiar with the story the RP would be set in a separate timeline just so we don't have to tip-toe around things that have already been established as taking place in a particular fashion. We've got a number of factions, pun-tastic city names, and more Sparkle Cola RAD! than you can shake a carrot at!

It's a pretty deep, well fleshed out setting to begin with. And that gives us plenty of basis to hang ideas on. And by the same token open-ended enough for all sorts of nifty adventures!

SO! Anyone interested in challenging the Equestrian Wasteland?

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

Well that depends, can we be Ex-Brotherhood of Steel raiders? If so count me in! (And not the pansy "Help the wasteland" ones I mean the black and red "Shu up and give us Tech" ones)
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #833

That would be just fine! Though a word of warning, he or she would probably not get along well with PCs that aren't similarly aligned.

We've got a thread where we're discussing various ideas and posting up some characters bios. Go check it out!

24. - Top - End - #834
    Orc in the Playground

So where do you go to register to be a part of [Nexus]? Looks like a ton of fun.
    Custom avatar by me - based on my Half-Orc Eldritch Knight, Keth d'Lordran
    Spoiler
    Show

Tabletop RPGs
    Started with D&D 3.5, these days I mostly play 5E and occationally Call of C'thulu. Currently running two D&D 5E games over roll20

Magic: the Gathering
    Started with Return to Ravnica/Innistrad. I'll draft every once in a while but EDH is my favorite format by far.
    Decks: Lord Windgrace, Neyith of the Dire Hunt, Rielle the Everwise

Other Geeky Hobbies
    Ridley/Lucina main SSBU

25. - Top - End - #835

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_pasta View Post
    So where do you go to register to be a part of [Nexus]? Looks like a ton of fun.
    First off, a moment for applause for your name. Wonderful choice there.

Anyways, this is the thread for Nexus characters. You don't really have to post a character there before you start playing them, but personally, I find it helps to have some kind of reference about your character for other people to look at right off the bat.

Once that's done, just have your character show up somewhere and start interacting. Recommended starting points are Trog's Tavern or Dancing Fox Inn or Inside. Inside just being a really large city with a kind of odd name.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

My sig has the two main links for newcomers. Check those out for reference purposes, then come to the current OOC thread to say hi and ask any specific questions you have after reading the two FAQ links.

Welcome!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'd love to get back into some freeform roleplay, but the Nexus stuff seems a tad bit too random for my tastes, and I'm not nearly secure enough in my masculinity to RP as a pony. Bleach stuff looked interesting, but I understand that hasn't been active in a while.

28. - Top - End - #838

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    I'd love to get back into some freeform roleplay, but the Nexus stuff seems a tad bit too random for my tastes, and I'm not nearly secure enough in my masculinity to RP as a pony. Bleach stuff looked interesting, but I understand that hasn't been active in a while.
    Terry is trying to restart it.

Which reminds me, I still need to work on a character for that.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe I'll try playing here again.

But this time, not try usual characters. make something new.

Better chance of working, maybe...
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

I've done this at another site, but our RPs always died after about a month, so I'd be more than willing to give this a shot, although I'll have to get used to not writing in first-person. And since my last RP was meant to be a superhero RP and I rolled up a Space-Dinosaur Wizard wearing a Pip-Boy (for the record he worked out splendidly), I'm guessing Nexus would be a good fit. Although I wouldn't start out with something THAT zany.