New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Draymier: A Step Towards Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DoNotFearToTread View Post

Talanos

It takes less than a half hour of wandering for you to decide that this town had no guild representative. It probably hasn't seen an assassin in a decade. The whole place can be walked from end to end in less than ten minutes. You make note of half a dozen beggars set up around the market district, and while the merchants seem to do well enough for themselves, it's not likely most people here could even afford an assassin's services.

You get a few looks from people you pass on the streets. It doesn't take long to realize that, beyond the town guardsmen and your fellows in the group, you are the only person wearing armor and carrying a real weapon. The occassional merchant may have a dagger on his hip but nobody's toting swords around. Even the guards wear light chain and carry heavy truncheons or halberds. In total you count a dozen of them during your circuit of the area.
    Disgusted with the size of the town, Talanos returned to the inn. He saw Fiero and Keth speaking to an unknown man, but was not in the mood to speak to them. Hopefully that means we can get out of this nowhere-town, he muttered to himself.

He went to his shared room to lay down, but was too restless. With a sigh, he put his armor back on and rearmed. I need to practice my Dance of Death anyway, he said under his breath. He moved into the center of the room drew his short sword, and began moving through set patterns of attack and defend. His movements started slow, but gradually increased in tempo as he progressed to true fighting speed, then slowed again. He repeated the same procedures with the dagger.

After a quick wash, Talanos left the inn and headed for the armorer. Don't know if this backwater will have anything useful, but I guess it can't hurt to look.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: "Dance of Death" is just the name of Talanos's fighting style. It means nothing in terms of bonuses.

I have the 2nd Ed DMG at home, I think, and will look at it this evening to decide if Talanos will buy new armor.
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2008-04-01 at 09:26 AM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Escier

While the half orc did his business, Escier gazed wide eyed and almost drooling over the scrolls, wands, and rods. He glanced over at Gruk and winked when the value of the half orc’s potion was announced, “Might be best to save it. Then again, a few nice potions and a big sack of coins to spend would be nice to have.”

Since he couldn’t afford anything here, Escier was ready to return to the inn, whether Gruk was finished or not. So he signaled his twin brother and left the shop as he said, "I hope to do business here soon."

OOC: If I calculated correctly, scrolls with spells would cost 315 gp/spell level.
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Escier

While the half orc did his business, Escier gazed wide eyed and almost drooling over the scrolls, wands, and rods. He glanced over at Gruk and winked when the value of the half orc’s potion was announced, “Might be best to save it. Then again, a few nice potions and a big sack of coins to spend would be nice to have.”

Since he couldn’t afford anything here, Escier was ready to return to the inn, whether Gruk was finished or not. So he signaled his twin brother and left the shop as he said, "I hope to do business here soon."

OOC: If I calculated correctly, scrolls with spells would cost 315 gp/spell level.
    Ascier saw the hungry look in his brother eye. Ascier hand went to his money pouch half expecting his twin to ask for coin. Still even though Ascier knew little to nothing about magic he did know that they would likely have little chance of buying anything even if they pooled all their coin. So when Escier wanted to leave Ascier was more then wiling to follow.

"Lead on brother beauty before brawn I always say."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gruk was initially pleased when the female elf seemed surprised as to the potions authenticity. However, what she spoke was demoralizing. How could something worth so much be so hard to get rid of? He tried to think about what to do. He desperately wanted the armor, but he couldn't afford it without selling the potion. He watched Escier looking over the wares of the shop, while pondering over what to do.

He then had a brilliant idea. Or at least he thought so. Gruk looked at the elf with a gleam in his eye. "Gruk need better armor, but not have enough gold. So, Gruk have idea. Gruk give you this and you give Gruk 300 gold and you give Gruk better drink and your give Gruk friend what he want." He then turned to his companion and smiled big. "Then you pay Gruk back when Gruk want something you have." Looking back and forth from the female elf to his companion, he simply said, "Deals?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Escier

"Well sure Gruk. If it helps you get a fair deal and you get what you want, and I get some more spells out of it, I can go along with that."
    Game on...

MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

Ascier stood next to his twin as his brother made a deal with the half orc. He was pretty sure that his twin would figure out a way to get the best end of the deal. Ascier laughed to himself just like a half orc it looked like the potion was burning a hole in the half orc pocket he just could not wait to spend the gold it could earn him.