New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: 2016 Holiday Ornaments (and 2017 Monster Calendar) are on sale now!

Quote Originally Posted by One Skunk Todd View Post
    Was there a battle ornament in 2012?
    No, that was the year of the thumb, but a scrapped Miko ornament from 2007 was used for the original set.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

2. - Top - End - #122

Shouldn't that be Year of the Thumb?

Or would allcaps make for a better presentation of what a watershed event it was?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    the year of the thumb
    worst Chinese Zodiac symbol ever

4. - Top - End - #124
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    CafePress continues to do themselves no favors in the Should I Take My Business Elsewhere department.
    Well you know where my vote lies. I've been on both the consumer and creator side of things and found them to be *at best* more trouble than they were worth. I did better going with a local vendor and shipping by hand, although I doubt I was dealing with anywhere near the same volume as you do.

I would not take it personally if you need to return it, that's not really an acceptable product. Sorry about that.
    I gave the recipient the option, and he said that he'd rather keep a great idea with sub-par execution instead of tasking me with finding a replacement.

I think everyone involved recognizes that it is CafePress that is at fault here and not you. The apology is appreciated all the same though!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Spunk115 View Post
    I think everyone involved recognizes that it is CafePress that is at fault here and not you. The apology is appreciated all the same though!
    Seconded! It reflects well on you that you care even about the silly seasonal merch.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, my calendar arrived. It's great, as expected but...in spite of the big "DO NOT BEND" sticker on it, the mailman did bend it until he could put it in the mailbox. You can even see the shoe prints where he stepped on it to make it bend sufficiently. The calendar did suffer less than I expected but it still suffered and that sucks.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 2017-01-05 at 12:50 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

File a complaint with the Post Office. Show them the packaging to help make the point that they egregiously failed to follow the instructions.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, my calendar arrived. It's great, as expected but...in spite of the big "DO NOT BEND" sticker on it, the mailman did bend it until he could put it in the mailbox. You can even see the shoe prints where he stepped on it to make it bend sufficiently. The calendar did suffer less than I expected but it still suffered and that sucks.
    I feel extremely sorry for you, having your beautiful calendar bent like that, but that being said, the fact that your mail carrier so adamantly wanted to violate the "do not bend" rule that they stepped on it with their shoe is kinda funny in a dark sense.

9. - Top - End - #129

Thanks for the sympathy. I do plan on complaining but I am not sure which mail carrier was responsible, there's no sticker on the package. But I'll find out.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Thanks for the sympathy. I do plan on complaining but I am not sure which mail carrier was responsible, there's no sticker on the package. But I'll find out.
    I think mine was straight USPS.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

11. - Top - End - #131

Thanks, but mine was shipped to Germany, so it should be another one. (That probably gives them the excuse since "Do not bend" is English and their employees are not obligated to understand English).

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Thanks, but mine was shipped to Germany, so it should be another one.
    My calendar was shipped within Germany by DHL.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

My calendar was shipped to Germany too, and I put my hands on it right today. This time unbent (last year it had been though).
    Was vernünftig ist, das ist wirklich; und was wirklich ist, das ist vernünftig. (G.W.F.H.)

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    My calendar was shipped within Germany by DHL.
    Thanks - sadly my three year old sons tore off all the stickers and then someone emptied the trash cans. So I have no more proof of who delivered it.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Just a heads up: the holiday ornaments and the digital calendars are going off sale tomorrow, so if you wanted either one, now's the last chance to get them.

The digital calendars might be back next year if I do another one (I never know for sure until we get there), the ornaments are definitely going to be gone for good.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

16. - Top - End - #136
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Just a heads up: the holiday ornaments and the digital calendars are going off sale tomorrow, so if you wanted either one, now's the last chance to get them.

The digital calendars might be back next year if I do another one (I never know for sure until we get there), the ornaments are definitely going to be gone for good.
    Thanks for the reminder, Giant! Just bought the calendars, as I have been meaning to...
    When in doubt, assume you rolled a natural one.