New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    What about mushrooms? They are delicious deep fried too.
    You have just made me a very hungry man.

And I just had a whole lot of delicious mexican food.

God I love mexican food.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    You have just made me a very hungry man.

And I just had a whole lot of delicious mexican food.

God I love mexican food.
    So do I!

What did you have?

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Dwarf in the Playground

Does anyone here do web development with Python?
    Who made my awesome mad scientist hamster? Why Dr.Epic, of course.

Any Washington GitPers that want to have a meet up/play RPGs/Light things on fire, please PM me.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rappy View Post
    So yes, the metal skeleton can be haulted by the power of rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin1040 View Post
    Their souls taste of rancid trout and the foul aftertaste of failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    On the plus side, they did manage to teach me the proper sequence for the first six letters of the alphabet.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Scotland has no point. Scotland needs no point.
    "You don't ask why haggis is disgusting or why nothing is worn under a kilt. Don't ask why I play bagpipes."

I iust don't get it though. The big thing of deep-frying is that it's massively unhealthy. Why would you do it to vegetables?
    Am I the only one who thinks he just answered his own question?
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Yeah. Hence the waking up with a pounding heart and gasping for breath.
    Feeling yourself die from a self-stabbing is horrific.
    I could feel myself bleeding internally, and it was making me breathe all gurgly because I think I hit the lung as well, so it was like I was choking on top of it.
    It was so breathless, and all I could feel was tingly warmth - the kin you get when you've been out in a winter gale, and then you're inside and your skin starts warming up again - and liquid inside me that was heavier than rock.

I don't want a dream-death again.
    This does not really express the full extent of my feelings. Dying in dreams bad. It happened to me once and I really badly want it to never happen again. Creepy monsters not a significant issue (Well, OK, maybe if they were real, but they're not). Dying is a scary thing.
    Wait, it isn't a regular thing for you guys?

Happens to me like every other night...

Maybe I should go back into therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    I woke up from a nightmare about a week ago, heart pounding and shaking. Then I didn't remember it at all.

How do you people manage to remember your dreams?
    I only remember the ones that don't let me sleep again, or are really weird.

Like the other week I had a dream where I want to this zoo that had a high street on it. And there was this octopus, who wanted to work at this fashion shop but he fell in love with one of the models, so instead he started working as a security guard at what I think was the fossil exhibit, and I kept hearing noises from the dinosaur park and this other security guard kept blaming the octopus for it because he was racist against octopuses.
    Also, at the bird exhibit was a Labrador who had a see through stomach because his stomach was a budgie home and a budgie lived in there but the budgie was missing and everyone was worried the dog ate it.
    Almost died in that one too, when I fell into the tiger lake and a tiger tried to eat me. A keeper saved me by high fiving the tiger.
    Last edited by Jibar; 2010-09-27 at 03:28 AM.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Y'know, I really hate it when I'm writing in my head and am nowhere near my laptop. Guess what I'm doing for my 8+ hour break at school today, guys?
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    Wait, it isn't a regular thing for you guys?

Happens to me like every other night...

Maybe I should go back into therapy.
    If it makes you feel any better, I dream that I die and/or have other really bad nightmares at least once a month and I'm pretty sure I'm sane. I've just always had really vivid dreams/nightmares.

I usually drown. I can feel the water going into my lungs, which is weird because I can swim just fine and have no idea what water going into my lungs would actually feel like.

*shrug* The mind is a weird thing.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos 51-50 View Post
    Y'know, I really hate it when I'm writing in my head and am nowhere near my laptop. Guess what I'm doing for my 8+ hour break at school today, guys?
    Teaching yourself to juggle!
    Decrypting the secret files!
    Churches! Lead!
    Playing Global Thermonuclear War!

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Teaching yourself to juggle!
    Decrypting the secret files!
    Churches! Lead!
    Playing Global Thermonuclear War!
    In order:
    I've tried, that's already a miserable failure
    That Algorithm has been running since 1967, and I was born in '88!
    But then how will I be able to spy on The Parishioners?
    Close. Minecraft. (also, Writing, but probably mostly minecraft)
    NaNoWriMo Beat Me
    Red and the Phasmavore by LCP

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Titan in the Playground

Remember, you do have boobies.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    OH NO! D: Nameless is a zombie!

;-; I'm sorry son, but this is for your own good. *Revs up a chainsaw*
    D':

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

I iust don't get it though. The big thing of deep-frying is that it's massively unhealthy. Why would you do it to vegetables?
    Especially lettuce, since that has to be split up into leaves before being eaten really.
    I had deep fried ice cream once in a Japanese restaurant. It tasted weird, so I haven't had it again.

ION: Iust remembered I hadn't mentioned this yet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, morning following the housewarming A couple of friends of... I'm trying to think of a suitable apellation for him other than 'Homoerotic Friend', but that really is by far the most fitting. A couple of friends of Homoerotic Friend from down south decided they were hungry and wanted some sort of fried breakfast. Stuff not available in the house,so we got in the car. Drove to a pub. It was shut. Drove onward, heading in the direction of Central Station. Homoerotic Friend accidentally takes the wrong exit, heading onto the Tyne Bridge. And then... the car runs out of petrol.
    Seriously. Iust onto the Tyne Bridge (Photo for reference), petrol run out. Managed to get the car up half on the pavement, but still half in the road. Fortunately he has a fuel tank in the boot in case of situations such as this, but, not a lot of petrol stations near the Tyne Bridge. So, we leave him with the car, one guy downloads an iphone app which finds petrol stations, and the nearest one we can see is most of the way back to Homoerotic Friend's house. Takes ~30 minutes to get there, ~20 to get back since we were able to skip the 'Wandering around not sure where we're going' step of the iourney going back.
    Cautious putting in the petrol since the place you put the fuel in is on the right side of the car, which is half in the road, which by the way is technically a motorway, with ~50mph oncoming traffic. Put definitely got some in. Back in the car. It won't start.
    Calls the AA. Phone dies. Borrows my phone, calls them again, runs out the 83p credit I had left, but they send someone, we iust have to wait another ~50 minutes.
    I should mention, the whole time we were a bit worried about what if a policeman comes along. Because while Homoerotic Friend was perfectly fine to drive, we weren't sure he'd pass a breathalyser test. Police car pulls up, panic. But he turned out to be nice. Backed up a bit, thus creating a greater obstacle so oncoming cars couldn't cut it quite so close to our car and it was safe enough for us to stand in the road and push it all the way onto the pavement, with which he helped.
    Finally, the AA man turns up. Amusingly we saw him drive by on the other side of the road iust before I got the text claiming he'd turn up in 20 minutes time. Anyway, the problem? Lack of petrol had been the initial issue, but then an hour of having the hazard lights on had run down the battery. Got iump-started and sent on our way.
    Amusing way to start the day. Car sat for better part of two hours by the side of the road on the Tyne Bridge. I'd say cue merciless ribbing, but that actually started much earlier.
    That sounds like the type of thing I'd call masochistic fun.
    Well, more accurately, those kinds of things I think are fun because I enjoy big problems that come out of nowhere. And OVERCOMING THEM. When Nameless-level manliness! Or summat.

EDIT: Oh, what the hell. *Iumps on the bandwagon.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-09-27 at 08:32 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #1452

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    That sounds like the type of thing I'd call masochistic fun.
    Well, more accurately, those kinds of things I think are fun because I enjoy big problems that come out of nowhere. And OVERCOMING THEM. When Nameless-level manliness! Or summat.
    Well, we mostly found it amusing, and there was no harm done, but Homoerotic Friend got rather stressed out iust waiting with his car on the Tyne Bridge and watching the traffic come far too close to it. And then there was the merciless ribbing he got afterwards (And during) for his stupidity.
    Oh, and there was apparently screaming down the phone when one of his friends said (as a ioke) that yes, we'd got the petrol, but we'd also stopped for breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    EDIT: Oh, what the hell. *Iumps on the bandwagon.*
    Mwahahahaha! Our numbers increase.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

I wha huh buh fuh... How does that work? What's the point of deep-frying lettuce?
    You deep fry the lettuce to make it extra crispy. Everyone likes crispy letuce, right?

Scotland. Scotland needs no point. They'll deep-fry anything. And I know for a fact that they deep-fry haggis as well.
    True. Most chippies here have deep fried haggis.

I mean, you can take anything to a chippie in Scotland, and they'll fry it for you.
    And yes, they'll re-fry fish and chips.
    My Dad was in Scotland getting fish and chips for dinner (his iob takes him all over the country) and a man walked in with a donner kebab and a pre-cooked pizza.
    He wrapped the kebab in the pizza, gave it to the counter lady and said, "Can you toss us 'at in the fryer [Lady's name]?"
    And she did.
    And he started eating it, and Dad iust staaared.
    After the man had left the chippie she turned to Dad and said, "We call that a heart attack special. He has one every week. Our regulars are running bets on when he drops dead rom heart failure."
    That sounds like something they'd do up here in Scotland.

What about mushrooms? They are delicious deep fried too.
    That's what they call a mushroom pakora here.
    Take a whole mushroom. Dip it in batter. Fry it. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    "You don't ask why haggis is disgusting or why nothing is worn under a kilt. Don't ask why I play bagpipes."
    But.. but.. But... Haggis is delicious.

Convenience.

The bagpipes aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    True. Most chippies here have deep fried haggis.

But.. but.. But... Haggis is delicious.

The bagpipes aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be.
    i bet that's nice!
    agreed
    sorry, i was at a wedding with a piper... my ears started bleeding! i respectfully disagree.
    Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by various artists my thanks to them all

i won silver Protoss itp... and a Magtok!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    I know you...kind of...the hippie is always picking on you...
    Quote Originally Posted by smellie_hippie View Post
    The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yep, I may be veggie, but the only meat I miss even a little is haggis. I don't know why, it's just delicious.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldpollard View Post
    Yep, I may be veggie, but the only meat I miss even a little is haggis. I don't know why, it's just delicious.
    I've never been much for red meat and pork, so that was easy to dismiss. But I could never go full vegetarian. I enjoy my poultry too much.

Edit: @V I do love bacon too... I don't lump that in with pork for some reason...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2010-09-27 at 11:32 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground

what about Bacon... do you miss bacon?
    i know veggies who will turn for a bacon sandvich in the morning...
    Spoiler
    Show

The local Troglanders have decreed that Archie was victorious for actually bringing a KNIFE to a Skype fight.

18. - Top - End - #1458

Twoobs! You still exist!

I would have great difficulty were I to try to be vegetarian. I dislike too many vegetables.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground

Twoobs! You still exist!
    Aye, I yet live. I can't tell you how different a person I am, or what life has put me through in the past year, but I can tell you that life is pretty fracking sweet for me now

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

This does not really express the full extent of my feelings. Dying in dreams bad. It happened to me once and I really badly want it to never happen again. Creepy monsters not a significant issue (Well, OK, maybe if they were real, but they're not). Dying is a scary thing.
    O.o I regularly die in my dreams. Not had a real nightmare in a while (all mine are psychological "Your friends and family hate you" nightmares. ).
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    i bet that's nice!
    agreed
    sorry, i was at a wedding with a piper... my ears started bleeding! i respectfully disagree.
    Ya there pretty terrible

Whenever I see your sig I think to myself "What did I do again?" for a few seconds.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

i'm not sure Hippie is thanking you.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of bacon, haggis and deep fried stuff. I haven't had breakfast yet today. Or lunch. Maybe I should get something to eat.

ION: Mycroft Holmes has been cast for the next Holmes film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

Lunch today is a yummy turkey and swiss sandwich with yogurt and some Pringles.

All organic... save for the Pringles...
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2010-09-27 at 11:59 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1465

Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    ION: Mycroft Holmes has been cast for the next Holmes film.
    This is good.
    I don't care what the plot of the film is - it's probably going to be the Reichenbach Affair or something - but it has Stephen Fry as the much smarter, lazier big brother.
    This is good casting.
    And as we all know, Stephen Fry in anything automatically makes everything better.

I am happy.

Albeit contemplating fratricide for the nth time this year. What can I say? Little Brothers.

EDIT:
    @Daddy Tooby: *leap tackle hug glomp!*
    Tooby!
    You're back.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-27 at 12:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground

Albeit contemplating fratricide for the nth time this year. What can I say? Little Brothers.
    Try little sisters...They were murder when I was still living with them!

Edit: @Koorly *snuggles*
    I missed you! So much to talk about. PM me?
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2010-09-27 at 12:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1467

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Try little sisters...They were murder when I was still living with them!
    I have one of those too.
    Luckily I only contemplate soriricide rarely because Little Sister is always out at clubs or working on homework.
    I interact with the Little Brothers, especially Littlest Brother far more often and so it makes me full of wrath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground

I have one of those too.
    Luckily I only contemplate soriricide rarely because Little Sister is always out at clubs or working on homework.
    I interact with the Little Brothers, especially Littlest Brother far more often and so it makes me full of wrath.
    Well, I'm speaking from a differed perspective. I imagine a little sister would be great if you were a sister yourself.

I never had a biological brother, only the two younger sisters... and they were nightmares and a half. That is to say, they were three nightmares combines...

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

that's what duct tape and tranq darts are made for.
    the trick is not to kill them but to scare them so badly that they no longer bother you.

like showing them "Alive" before their first plane journey
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy View Post
    i bet that's nice!
    agreed
    I respectfully disagree.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!