New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [FiM] Bridle Shores Commercial: Bits or Credit 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "A little while. A couple months, but long enough to see some of the general weirdness...I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It kinda tends to avoid me since I'm usually just in my kitchen. I think a few ponies thought the Eclaire in the name of my restaurant was named after the dessert or a non-existent pony for a while...yeah, I can be that bad at times." Eclaire says with a kind of embarrassed look.

Sorry Sandy, you aren't allowed to escape the adorable.
    Sandy bit down on his lip. Keep it together Shores...you can do this... She just seemed so sad about it, he couldn't help but want to wrap her up in a big hug and tell her everything was okay. Well, at least there was a table between the two of them. "Well...is there anythin' y'like t'do that ain't cookin'? I mean, it is your special talent an' all - I guess I spend a lot of time down at th' beach too - but is there anythin' else y'like doin'?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy bit down on his lip. Keep it together Shores...you can do this... She just seemed so sad about it, he couldn't help but want to wrap her up in a big hug and tell her everything was okay. Well, at least there was a table between the two of them. "Well...is there anythin' y'like t'do that ain't cookin'? I mean, it is your special talent an' all - I guess I spend a lot of time down at th' beach too - but is there anythin' else y'like doin'?"
    "Well, I kind of like listening to the radio. I like classical music, and I listen in on the news and when they tell stories and such. I like taking walks, playing with animals, and doing something a little like group storytelling with friends." she tells him. She continues to nibble on the cookie.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Hahah! Success...oh you pegasus and your sensitive wings, I wonder how you function at all!"
    She laughed and nuzzled her coltfriend. Her hooves playfully traced along the contours of his carpal joint down to his axillaries, testing and watching his facial reactions. "Hey babe, do ya miss being an earth pony?"
    "I think the real pegasi are just more used to— oooooooh~" He broke into a low groan of pleasure as Gear's hooves moved along his feathery wings. Speaking of which, they seemed to have taken a life of their own, spreading wide and fluttering on its own. Silverpine's green eyes glazed over slightly as the sensations from his wings flooded his mind.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

Minutes later, Grills came through the door floating a trio of dishes. "I hope everypony in here is hungry."

The plates each contained a portion of rice. Green rice. Well white rice with green stuff in it. The stuff was spinach and onion. And there was a hint of fresh cheese crumbled on the op of it all.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

And Garion sure liked it more than the mane-combings. It was like getting a back rub and a back scratch at the same time; what's not to love? The colt settled down on his haunches, a contented smile spreading across his face. The brushies continued for some time in silence, before Garion suddenly piped up, "Is Mister Grill's bed and your couch made out of the same stuff?"
    "Uh..yea, I suppose, well on the inside though...his couch is a bit different than mine.." She replied as she finished brushing his coat. "There, you go, looking handsome Garion."

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills

Minutes later, Grills came through the door floating a trio of dishes. "I hope everypony in here is hungry."

The plates each contained a portion of rice. Green rice. Well white rice with green stuff in it. The stuff was spinach and onion. And there was a hint of fresh cheese crumbled on the op of it all.

"We're in the bathroom sweetheart!"
    She called out to him as she then patted Garion on the head to shoo him out of the bathroom..

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "I think the real pegasi are just more used to— oooooooh~" He broke into a low groan of pleasure as Gear's hooves moved along his feathery wings. Speaking of which, they seemed to have taken a life of their own, spreading wide and fluttering on its own. Silverpine's green eyes glazed over slightly as the sensations from his wings flooded his mind.
    Gearstride laughed as she watched Silverpine's wings expand. "Are you putty yet my love?" Nuzzle here.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I kind of like listening to the radio. I like classical music, and I listen in on the news and when they tell stories and such. I like taking walks, playing with animals, and doing something a little like group storytelling with friends." she tells him. She continues to nibble on the cookie.
    All of that sounded very much like things one could do alone. Except for that last bit..."Er, 'group storytellin' with friends'? Not quite sure I follow you there. Is that like a writin' club?"

(Hmm. And now we need something to go horribly wrong...)

"Uh..yea, I suppose, well on the inside though...his couch is a bit different than mine.." She replied as she finished brushing his coat. "There, you go, looking handsome Garion."

"We're in the bathroom sweetheart!"
    She called out to him as she then patted Garion on the head to shoo him out of the bathroom.
    The colt paused to admire his reflection, looking all nice and freshly groomed. "Oh, okay. That makes sense. Because I had more weird dreams on Mister Grills' bed, and I guess it's just how they're made." And with that little nugget of uncomfortable reminders, Garion happily trotted out of the bathroom.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

All of that sounded very much like things one could do alone. Except for that last bit..."Er, 'group storytellin' with friends'? Not quite sure I follow you there. Is that like a writin' club?"
    "Well, we come up with characters, somepony puts sort of a world behind their actions, and when we're done with the story we put it into a book, so I guess it is sort of like a writing club..." she says.

(Hmm. And now we need something to go horribly wrong...)
    "So...umm...no, I shouldn't ask...forget I said anything." she says, her voice kind of shrinking to a squeak. She continued nibbling on her cookie, wondering how much longer this would be.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, we come up with characters, somepony puts sort of a world behind their actions, and when we're done with the story we put it into a book, so I guess it is sort of like a writing club..." she says.

"So...umm...no, I shouldn't ask...forget I said anything." she says, her voice kind of shrinking to a squeak. She continued nibbling on her cookie, wondering how much longer this would be.
    That squeak pierced his mental defenses like a lightning bolt. "Er, what's that y'said? Somethin' you wanted t'ask me?"

Sandy. Cut it out. You're supposed to be getting to know her, not folding completely every time she looks cute.

"Y'can go ahead an' ask, if y'like. I mean, I ain't gonna bite your head off or nothin'. An' I've been askin' a lot of questions anyhow..."

No, bad uni-er, pegasus. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no. Just ask her something else, let her talk, let her know you're listening, that'll make her much happier than saying-

"'Sides, y'don't got anythin' t'worry about; y'know all you'll get is th' truth, remember?"

SHORES. YOU ARE BAD AT DATES.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

That squeak pierced his mental defenses like a lightning bolt. "Er, what's that y'said? Somethin' you wanted t'ask me?"

Sandy. Cut it out. You're supposed to be getting to know her, not folding completely every time she looks cute.

"Y'can go ahead an' ask, if y'like. I mean, I ain't gonna bite your head off or nothin'. An' I've been askin' a lot of questions anyhow..."

No, bad uni-er, pegasus. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no. Just ask her something else, let her talk, let her know you're listening, that'll make her much happier than saying-

"'Sides, y'don't got anythin' t'worry about; y'know all you'll get is th' truth, remember?"

SHORES. YOU ARE BAD AT DATES.
    "Well...umm...I wouldn't want to waste your time too much so...am I even your type?" She asks.

Because there's NO WAY that can go horribly horribly horribly horribly horribly wrong.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

"Well...umm...I wouldn't want to waste your time too much so...am I even your type?" She asks.

Because there's NO WAY that can go horribly horribly horribly horribly horribly wrong.
    It's a good thing Eclaire was blind, otherwise, she'd get a good look of Sandy's jaw dropping. "I...uh..." he stammered out after un-dropping his jaw. "Well, that...would be a question I...weren't expectin' an' I'd have to say-" The familiar tingling started in his throat, and he braced himself for the worst. "Aw, ponyfeathers."

"My tastes are broad, but if I was forced to choose one, I would have to say pegasi mares of a boistrous disposition. As you are am extremely shy unicorn, I would have to say that you are not my type at all." Sandy winced, smacking his head on the table. Perfect. He'd just taken her heart and shattered it into a million pieces. What more could possibly-"Correction; you are still a mare, and you are incredibly cute and adorable, especially when you blush and become flustered. While you are not my type, it could, in fact, be worse."

Great. So not only did the magic make him tell the truth, but it had to put in the most undiplomatic way possible. In the long, awkward silence that followed, all Sandy could bring himself to say was a low, mumbled, "I...I am so sorry."

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

It's a good thing Eclaire was blind, otherwise, she'd get a good look of Sandy's jaw dropping. "I...uh..." he stammered out after un-dropping his jaw. "Well, that...would be a question I...weren't expectin' an' I'd have to say-" The familiar tingling started in his throat, and he braced himself for the worst. "Aw, ponyfeathers."
    she had a feeling she was about to regret this.
    "My tastes are broad, but if I was forced to choose one, I would have to say pegasi mares of a boistrous disposition. As you are am extremely shy unicorn, I would have to say that you are not my type at all." Sandy winced, smacking his head on the table. Perfect. He'd just taken her heart and shattered it into a million pieces. What more could possibly-"Correction; you are still a mare, and you are incredibly cute and adorable, especially when you blush and become flustered. While you are not my type, it could, in fact, be worse."

Great. So not only did the magic make him tell the truth, but it had to put in the most undiplomatic way possible. In the long, awkward silence that followed, all Sandy could bring himself to say was a low, mumbled, "I...I am so sorry."
    "Alright...umm...I kinda figured... she says kinda mumbling the rest. "I hope you can find the sort of mare you want...before you do, you might want to get rid of that spell...whoever cast it on you clearly wasn't very nice..." she says, and gets up from the table to leave. Her expression is clearly sad, but it easily could have been much worse. She's not even crying. "I suppose I might see you at my shop sometime? Though, figuratively rather than literally." she says, making an absolutely awful joke.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-26 at 12:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

she had a feeling she was about to regret this.

"Alright...umm...I kinda figured... she says kinda mumbling the rest. "I hope you can find the sort of mare you want...before you do, you might want to get rid of that spell...whoever cast it on you clearly wasn't very nice..." she says, and gets up from the table to leave. Her expression is clearly sad, but it easily could have been much worse. She's not even crying. "I suppose I might see you at my shop sometime? Though, figuratively rather than literally." she says, making an absolutely awful joke.
    (Figures. As soon as I post, I realized how I could've phrased it even worse. Ah well, at least they're still on halfway-decent terms.)

Sandy...didn't know how to respond to that. Was he supposed to laugh? Was it bad if she made the blind joke? Was this some sort of conversational trap? Would she feel bad if he didn't laugh? Would he feel bad if he did laugh?

What eventually came out was something halfway between a cough and a chuckle. Covering all the bases; a surefire was to disappoint everypony. "Y-yeah. I guess I'll try an' drop by sometime. An'...um, yeah, I'll...try an' get that taken care of. Thanks." he weakly offered. Cute ponies were a double-edged sword. When they were happy or embarrassed, they could charm the birds right out of the trees. But when they were sad? A rainstorm made of tears canceling a parade for a foal's first birthday party had nothing on this sort of heartbreak and he was getting the full brunt of her disappointment.

As she was leaving, he pulled himself together to offer one final goodbye; "And...thanks for th' Eclairs. They look real tasty."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-26 at 12:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

(Figures. As soon as I post, I realized how I could've phrased it even worse. Ah well, at least they're still on halfway-decent terms.)
    Are you saying you wanted Sandy to completely alienate Eclaire?

What eventually came out was something halfway between a cough and a chuckle. Covering all the bases; a surefire was to disappoint everypony.
    "Umm...since I guess it wasn't clear, that was a joke...sorry"[

"Y-yeah. I guess I'll try an' drop by sometime. An'...um, yeah, I'll...try an' get that taken care of. Thanks." he weakly offered. Cute ponies were a double-edged sword. When they were happy or embarrassed, they could charm the birds right out of the trees. But when they were sad? A rainstorm canceling a parade for a foal's birthday party had nothing on this sort of heartbreak., and he was getting the full brunt of her disappointment.

As she was leaving, he pulled himself together to offer one final goodbye; "And...thanks for th' Eclairs. They look real tasty."
    "You're welcome. Hope you like them once you finally try them." she left the table and headed for home. She would have words for White Truffle once her friend got back.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

(Nah, but there's always room for improvement in "what's the worst way you can say this?" )

Once she'd left, Sandy resumed his favorite post-date activity; banging his head against the table in frustration. He just felt like a big pile of manure, disappointing such a sweet filly like that. Stupid magic, stupid dating, stupid stallion, a trifecta of stupid.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-26 at 12:47 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Greif's Cafe]

Greif dings a little bell on the counter. "Fries are up, ma'am," he tells Mystic Muse as he sets several baskets of steaming sweet potato fries on the bar.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-26 at 01:02 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Gearstride laughed as she watched Silverpine's wings expand. "Are you putty yet my love?" Nuzzle here.
    Silverpine shivered and let out a small sigh of bliss. "Celestia... your hooves feels so good..." he half-moaned. The stallion sank further to his haunches, fully lost in the moment.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

The colt paused to admire his reflection, looking all nice and freshly groomed. "Oh, okay. That makes sense. Because I had more weird dreams on Mister Grills' bed, and I guess it's just how they're made." And with that little nugget of uncomfortable reminders, Garion happily trotted out of the bathroom.
    Gwynfillion grimaced and darted her eyes around before taking a deep breath and composed herself. She took the moment to prune herself and keep up her appearances for Grills. She then followed outside of the bathroom to the room and donned a small smile.

"Looks delicious sweetie,"
    She told Grills.

Silverpine shivered and let out a small sigh of bliss. "Celestia... your hooves feels so good..." he half-moaned. The stallion sank further to his haunches, fully lost in the moment.

"Mmm, seems you're still capable of coherency as you speak..."
    She nibbled his ear and pushed him down on his belly to better play with his wings. It would totally not be an awkward time for Sandy to walk in ;P

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    [Greif's Cafe]

Greif dings a little bell on the counter. "Fries are up, ma'am," he tells Mystic Muse as he sets several baskets of steaming sweet potato fries on the bar.
    Mystic immediately begins eating some of the steaming hot fries.

One of her brothers tries to pick one up and immediately drops it from the heat.

"...I think becoming...whatever you are...kinda changed you."

"The answer to that question is, Queen of the Zerg swarm, and yes it did." she says, continuing to nom on fries that should be way too hot.

"...Zerg actually exist?"

"Did you not see Boris?"

"Well, technically, Massacre Wurms are Phyrexians."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Mystic says, just kinda frustrated. "I can definitely say this. Prehensile tentacle hair is friggin' sweet."

"...Can you still fly?"

"Surprisingly, yes."

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif's tentative grasp on sanity is slowly slipping away. His eye gives a slight twitch. "So, uh, I have radios. If anyone likes to listen to the radio. Feel free to turn 'em on. I also have a jukebox," he states, trying to restore some semblance of normalcy to the conversations taking place in his cafe.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

Greif's tentative grasp on sanity is slowly slipping away.
    Welcome to Silent Hill Bridle Shores.
    His eye gives a slight twitch. "So, uh, I have radios. If anyone likes to listen to the radio. Feel free to turn 'em on. I also have a jukebox," he states, trying to restore some semblance of normalcy to the conversations taking place in his cafe.
    "Ooo, what kind of songs?" Mystic asks, and goes over to look at the Jukeboxes.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Gwynfillion grimaced and darted her eyes around before taking a deep breath and composed herself. She took the moment to prune herself and keep up her appearances for Grills. She then followed outside of the bathroom to the room and donned a small smile.

She told Grills.
    "So do you." Grills put the dishes on a little coffee table. Three pillows for sitting are floated near the food.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #832
    Troll in the Playground

"So do you." Grills put the dishes on a little coffee table. Three pillows for sitting are floated near the food.
    She looked at him coyly and then cleared her throat as she sat down on one of the pillows.
    =======================

Greif's cafe

The mare with the shades and navy blue peacoat waved Greif over. "Uh, do you have any take home containers?"

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Greif nods, and reaches behind the counter to pull out a small plastic box and hand it to the mystery mare. "Here you go, ma'am. I have your service has been satisfactory," he states with a friendly smile.

Probably not. But it doesn't hurt to hope.

In response to the jukebox inquiry, Spin Top lists off the selection, which is mostly just culturally relevant and setting-proper tunes and pieces.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-09-26 at 05:03 AM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

She nibbled his ear and pushed him down on his belly to better play with his wings. It would totally not be an awkward time for Sandy to walk in ;P
    (True, but I think I may just wait for Snickers to drop by. I can't think of much better ways of meeting ponies than as they are delivering genderbending perfectly normal pies.)

She told Grills.

Garion, looking all spiffy and handsome from his grooming, trotted up to his pillow and sat his little flank down. He looked over Miss Gwyn with a critical eye, then shook his head gravely. "I don't think Miss Gwyn would be very tasty," he said with deadpan seriousness. "She's too soft and fuzzy and to taste good."

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

She looked at him coyly and then cleared her throat as she sat down on one of the pillows.
    Garion, looking all spiffy and handsome from his grooming, trotted up to his pillow and sat his little flank down. He looked over Miss Gwyn with a critical eye, then shook his head gravely. "I don't think Miss Gwyn would be very tasty," he said with deadpan seriousness. "She's too soft and fuzzy and to taste good."
    "No.. I didn't mean like tha-... Oh... Well I think my sprinach rice tastes very good and is good for you. Why don't you have a taste?" Grills deflected after being shot by the serious remark from the innocent colt. Luckily he didn't have any of the rice or he'd be chocking. Instead a hoof held a cough at bay.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

(Totally awkward. )

"You... oooooooh~" Silverpine let out another coo, before shaking his head in a vain attempt to recover his senses. "Teachers aren't supposed to lose their coheeerr- oooooooo..." Whatever remained of his sentence was lost in another sigh of bliss as her hooves reached a particularly sensitive spot. Curse these pegasi wings!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

Greif nods, and reaches behind the counter to pull out a small plastic box and hand it to the mystery mare. "Here you go, ma'am. I have your service has been satisfactory," he states with a friendly smile.

Probably not. But it doesn't hurt to hope.

"Thank you. Its been....interesting," The mare commented.

"No.. I didn't mean like tha-... Oh... Well I think my sprinach rice tastes very good and is good for you. Why don't you have a taste?" Grills deflected after being shot by the serious remark from the innocent colt. Luckily he didn't have any of the rice or he'd be chocking. Instead a hoof held a cough at bay.

Gwynfillion found herself derpily staring at the spinach rice with pink cheeks. "Yes......yes...good for him...Garion, eat up......!"
    (Totally awkward. )

"You... oooooooh~" Silverpine let out another coo, before shaking his head in a vain attempt to recover his senses. "Teachers aren't supposed to lose their coheeerr- oooooooo..." Whatever remained of his sentence was lost in another sigh of bliss as her hooves reached a particularly sensitive spot. Curse these pegasi wings!
    There was an evil little glint in her eyes as she played his wings like a harp. "Oh babe, tell me, what is two plus two?"
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-26 at 10:28 AM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Mystic immediately begins eating some of the steaming hot fries.

One of her brothers tries to pick one up and immediately drops it from the heat.

"...I think becoming...whatever you are...kinda changed you."

"The answer to that question is, Queen of the Zerg swarm, and yes it did." she says, continuing to nom on fries that should be way too hot.

"...Zerg actually exist?"

"Did you not see Boris?"

"Well, technically, Massacre Wurms are Phyrexians."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Mystic says, just kinda frustrated. "I can definitely say this. Prehensile tentacle hair is friggin' sweet."

"...Can you still fly?"

"Surprisingly, yes."
    "You know, it's killing me that I can't figure out how it even happened," remarked Heartflight. "Even ignoring the spontaneous transformation, the creation of a zerg queen typically requires extended periods of time inside a chrysalis. And don't even get me stared on ..."

Greif's tentative grasp on sanity is slowly slipping away. His eye gives a slight twitch. "So, uh, I have radios. If anyone likes to listen to the radio. Feel free to turn 'em on. I also have a jukebox," he states, trying to restore some semblance of normalcy to the conversations taking place in his cafe.
    "... ohh, do you have any AC/DC?" Heart asked, being pulled from her pseudo-scientific ramblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

There was an evil little glint in her eyes as she played his wings like a harp. "Oh babe, tell me, what is two plus two?"
    Silverpine's face scrunched in concentration as he tried to focus. Fairly unsucessfully, judging from his reaction. "Ngh... you're not... *groan* playing... fair... Fiv— Four!" He trailed off as he slumped to the floor, cooing again. Oh dear.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion found herself derpily staring at the spinach rice with pink cheeks. "Yes......yes...good for him...Garion, eat up......!"
    Garion raised an eyebrow. The grown-ups were acting weird again. Oh well, nothing for it, they were silly ponies sometimes. The colt tucked into his grub, not feeling terribly hungry with all the snacks he'd been having, but Mister Grills' food was usually good enough to make room for. "Definitely better than eating Miss Gwyn." he proclaimed with a sage nod, before turning his attention back to his bowl.