New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Ddo

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Ddo

Can you run DDO from a flash drive or does it have to be on the hard drive?

And what do people think about the changes recently.

Some new things like companions are obvious attempts to make money without any real function.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Ddo

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    Can you run DDO from a flash drive or does it have to be on the hard drive?

And what do people think about the changes recently.

Some new things like companions are obvious attempts to make money without any real function.
    thats a good question...i assume a flash drive could run it but not sure...

what changes? i have not been on in a couple months.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Artificer class and druid. Mind you it has been nearly a year since my last time. But the crafting and all that now seems to be more time consuming than it is worth to find items.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Blue1005 View Post
    Artificer class and druid. Mind you it has been nearly a year since my last time. But the crafting and all that now seems to be more time consuming than it is worth to find items.
    ah those. i remember they were causing severe lag last i was on. i cant really comment on the crafting stuff.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Artificer is great for soloing, though it's pet can get a bit fragile in groups. It's also one of the best ranged attackers(up there with elemental sorcerer). The druid's pet is better in groups(since it's designed as a dps), and the druid can fill several roles(melee dps[wolf or humanoid forms], tank[bear form], dps caster[any form], or healer[elemental or humanoid form]), with healer being it's weakest role and tank or dps caster probably it's strongest.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

They are all playable for sure, just not seeing the point in having SO many base classes but you cant even choose PrC mystic theurge, or others.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

a lot of mmos do have a lot of classes, wow has 11, eq2; 13(I think), and even guildwars 2 has 8.
    And the base material(3.5 dnd) had at least 30 base classes. It would be neat if they added multiclass prcs though(a few of the later base classes would also be interesting, particularly the duskblade, binder and dragon shaman/dragonfire adept)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Up front, I stopped playing about a week before the expansion. I played the game a ton (4x TR Barb, and 4x TR FvS along with a few alts), owned all the packs and classes (except WF, robots don't have hearts;) ) and think it was one of the best MMOs out there.

But I did not buy the expansion ahead of time, due to the track record the have of putting out new content that is super buggy, and I'm very happy I didnt spend money on it. All their recent updates since the expansion have had game breaking bugs, with recent events (mybar and the cove) being closed down due to issues.

The current devs and producers just dont have a handle on the code that they have, so minor changes and bug fixes make huge wave in unintended parts of the game. Its a real disappointment to me, because their quest system and character building was best in the MMO game IMO.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    It would be neat if they added multiclass prcs though
    Arcane Archer is kind of like that. Non-elves need to be a ranger with an arcane dip.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Arcane Archer is kind of like that. Non-elves need to be a ranger with an arcane dip.
    Do you need the arcane dip? I was told a pure ranger could just take Mental Toughness after LVL 4.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Proud member of the "I Love Anyway" Club

Thank you, Ceika, so much for the avatar!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    Do you need the arcane dip? I was told a pure ranger could just take Mental Toughness after LVL 4.
    This is true, but I think splashing some deep fighter levels makes for a better (as good range, better melee and survivability) character.