New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired/Let's play

Poor, poor Wil, already obsolete.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Poor, poor Wil, already obsolete.
    Look at the bright side. Less risk of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #123

Ch 6.8 More sucky level ups. (And Matthew's)
    Spoiler
    Show

Ouch Serra.
    What, you like to take things nice and slow?
    *face-palm*

Okay Erk. Lure the Soldier out, and Serra cover him in case he gets injured.

Oh thank Elimine!

Okay Matthew open the door. Everyone else rush in.

Nervermind. Matthew open the chest. Everyone let's look at that other door.

Doesn't Lyn's special sword also slay armor?
    You want to know something?
    Sure why not?

I'll remember that.

Okay Sain use your key to open the door, and then everyone rush in.

Joy.

Wait! Don't I know you?

Someone's staring at me!

How do you two know each-other?

Thank you Rath.

I'm getting healed aren't I?

Wow Erk.
    Sorry Illven.

Don't worry Erk. I'll make you feel all better.

Well he's down at least.

Why am I dealing with him?
    You need the xp.

I hope you're happy!
    You'll be fine.

Ow!

Well that's certainly a step up from everyone else.

Let's get you patched up, before you step on the trigger.

As you wish.

This is Princess Lyndis.

Probably her granduncle.

Screw you! You racist....

If he does, he doesn't deserve a grand-daughter like Lyn!

Characters that speak in this update
    Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Erk
    Serra
    Matthew

Arggh! Level ups! Bad! Well in other news who gets the angelic robe? Or should I save it for later/Sell it? I'm thinking Lyn because I'm stuck with her, and she can have Hp issues. So let's start talking about next chapter.

Next chapter planning.
    Spoiler
    Show

In the next chapter I can only bring 8 units. Lyn is required but the other 7 are up to me. I was thinking of dropping Sain (Due to me thinking Kent is better) and Wil (Due to Rath being better) Following are screen shots of my characters so that you may give me suggestions. Also please think about item placement.

Lyn

Sain

Kent

Florina

Wil

Dorcas

Erk

Serra

Rath

Matthew

List of items
    Spoiler
    Show

Items ManiKatti 44/45
    Iron sword 12/46
    Iron sword 23/46
    Iron sword 28/46
    Iron sword 45/46
    2 Iron sword 46/46
    Armorslayer 14/18
    Iron axe 42/45
    Hand axe 15/20
    Ironlance 42/45
    Ironlance 43/45
    Ironlance 45/45
    Slim lance 10/30
    Javelin 20/20
    Iron bow 31/45
    Short bow 22/22
    Fire 25/40
    Heal 14/30
    1 Vulenrary 1/3
    7 Vulenrary 3/3
    Lockpick 11/15
    Angelic robe
    Door key

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's see, this next one is rescuing Ninan, right? I suggest giving Lucius the finish, bump him some XP. Also, get Lyn leveled up. I suggest the angelic robe to go to Lyn, Mahtew (if you intend to use him that much in Hector mode), or whoever you want to be a tank later on. Either way, use it or loose it at the end of Lyn mode.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Let's see, this next one is rescuing Ninan, right? I suggest giving Lucius the finish, bump him some XP. Also, get Lyn leveled up. I suggest the angelic robe to go to Lyn, Mahtew (if you intend to use him that much in Hector mode), or whoever you want to be a tank later on. Either way, use it or loose it at the end of Lyn mode.
    Yeah and I have to beat it in 15 turns or less.

So I should focus more on Lucius and Lyn next chapter?

Well I have to keep Matthew alive until at least Ch 20 if I want to use his abilities, but Lyn guarantees the robe won't go to waste by the unit dying.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Popping in to suggest you give the robe to Lyn or Florina. Kick Dorcas out for this next chapter, positioning doesn't matter much. When I did this earlier today I had Florina solo the boss and his shamans while the rest of the gang fought down the long way. Erk is a lovely little monster here b/c he murders all non mages (along with most mages), and mages barely scratch him
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    Popping in to suggest you give the robe to Lyn or Florina. Kick Dorcas out for this next chapter, positioning doesn't matter much. When I did this earlier today I had Florina solo the boss and his shamans while the rest of the gang fought down the long way. Erk is a lovely little monster here b/c he murders all non mages (along with most mages), and mages barely scratch him
    Okay if I kick Dorcas out, who should I bring Sain or Wil. And remember that right now Dorcas is my only guy who wields axes. Would Sain or Wil really be an improvement over that?

And really about Erk? Doesn't this map contain Shamans which Erk has weapon triangle disadvantage against

8. - Top - End - #128
    Banned

I've never really had much use for axes. Too low in the accuracy dept. Hector and whoever you use as your hero should be more than enough. Maybe Dart later on.

Personally I'd drop Florina, but that's just my own personal dislike of Pegasus knights rather than disliking her as a unit.

Give the robe to either Lyn or Matt. Personally, by the end game I hardly ever use Lyn except when the game makes me...and even then I generally have her just hold back and hide, or use her as an archer. She's just too fragile to be useful when one unlucky hit can lead to a game over.

I'd keep both Cavaliers. They generally both end up being great units by the end game, and they're going to be better than any other Cavaliers you get along the way. Not as completely broken as some units, but they make up for it with mobility.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2012-05-03 at 01:48 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'd say drop Wil (Rath is better) and Dorcas (personal preference against Dorcas here). Definitely take Sain along, since the opportunity for him to hit on Lucius is too good to pass up.

Angelic Robe goes to Lyn, though i tend to give Lyn a lot of the skill items when I play as well as the first Lord promotion, otherwise go to Florina if you want to keep her as the Pegasus Knight.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

This looks interesting, please allow me to join in viewing your nuzlocke adventure.

I know absolutely nothing about this game and am watching this completely blind. Thereby allowing me to recommend characters and supports without any regard for usability and usefulness. Forethought, who needs that.

Anyway, I recommend bringing Sain along because your extra dialogue for him is fantastic and it would be a shame to have that go to waste.

For supports I suggest:

Kain/Sain - Because the red and green knight usually have interesting supports.
    Serra/Erk - Because the game is practically ordering us to do so and their extra dialogue is top notch.
    Lyn/Florina - Because they are friends and I have no idea for who else they should support.

The others I'll have to wait and see but this does seem like it's going to be an enjoyable ride.
    "If you are what you eat I must be pie!" - By a friend

11. - Top - End - #131

Replies
    Spoiler
    Show

@Anteros I prefer to have at least one unit of each weapon type. (Unless the enemy forces only have weapons that are neutral or my unit is disadvantaged against.)

@Farix You prefer to give Lyn the heaven seal over Eliwood (It probably is a good idea considering the map you get it is a map full of Wyverns)

@Whitetiger1221 Well the reason I take hundreds of pictures is so people who never played this before can get the full story. (Which is also why I'm going to every chapter) Your votes have been counted.

Ch 6 Final Denouement
    Spoiler
    Show

That was Icy.

Yeah we are, Lyn!

Oh you!

Obviously.

Of course Lyn. You saved me, even when you didn't know me. I'm going to help you in return.

I would join you.
    Oh. Of course.

Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Rath

Well now we learned from an independent source that the Marquess is ill. Will Lyn get there in time? Or will she have to fight the new marquess of Caelin? Find out eventually!

My thoughts on this chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

Well this chapter blew. Not because it was difficult or anything, but because every single level up blew except for Matthew which was only average. (Although the strength was nice)

I again allowed my units to get hit when they could to give Serra xp.

Arceus I hated the level ups. Dorcas only got Hp and Skl, Serra got Spd and Res, Erk only got Spd. I'm so happy right now that I have Pent as a back up.

New characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Matthew.

Well Matthew is a thief. Which means he has the power to steal items from other units. At times it's just a way to get additional xp. Others it's the only way to get the item. Matthew only caps Speed. But he caps at 30 at level 16. His combat ability when he promotes is pretty much limited to Silencer. Which is the assassain's skill. That ability has a chance to instantly kill a unit, (Equal to 1/2 the crit chance) This means that a Killing edge and Supports that boost crit rate are Matthew's best bet. An additional benefit is that I get him right from the start of Hector's mode.

Rath

Rath is Fe 7's only Nomad. Which is a mounted bow-user. Unlike archers when he promotes he gains the use of swords. The only stat Rath caps on average is Strength at 25 at level 18. But he still has good Hp, Str, Skl, and Spd growth. Some flaws he has are. A His defense growth is 10%. Which is abysmal. B I don't get him until Chapter 22 at which point. I've probably started promoting units, and he may still be level 7. Behind Nino he is my second favorite option for the Afa drops.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

Surprised Ilven didn't get in a "now do you believe me?"

Out of curiosity are Ninian and Nils going to have the same precognitive abilities as Ilven or will theirs be totally unrelated?
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Surprised Ilven didn't get in a "now do you believe me?"

Out of curiosity are Ninian and Nils going to have the same precognitive abilities as Ilven or will theirs be totally unrelated?
    I thought about it. But figured that would be a **** move for him to do. Plus it's not really proof yet.

Unrelated. I already know why he has them. And why he didn't have them before.

14. - Top - End - #134

Ch 7.20 Combat situation!
    Spoiler
    Show

A narration I actually agree with!

And even if he dies, to gut her grand-uncle.

And because we're good guys we have to help him, right?

Lyn, some little boy is asking for help.

What if “those men” are mistaken?

Wow. We're ignoring the little boy? Since her grandfather is dying, it counts as a neutral act right? Plus the fact I'm the only one who knows about it, and Lyn doesn't listen to my visions.

Sain to Castle Caelin

In a sense. What's wrong kid?

I already told him we are. If you were going to not commit, you should of spoke up.

And of course, Sain is interested.
    Sain Only if she's older.
    Thank Arceus!

They are traveling performers.

We'll be fine.

Bring it!

Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Sain

My reasons for the choices.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gave the Angelic robe to Lyn, since everyone agreed she was a valid candidate for it. Which reinforced my initial view that I should give it to her. (And the runner-ups Matthew and Florina were split)

I gave the Armorslayer to Kent due to him having better Con, and thus taking less of a speed hit for wielding it.

I dropped Wil since he wasn't as good as Rath. And due to dislike for Dorcas before I started the chapter I decided that I would look at the number of lance wielding enemies before deciding if I would use him. There were none, so I didn't bring him.

So now begins the long talking again. Also Serense forest lied to me. (This chapter has more pics then the last one.) Thankfully I think this one has more action.

15. - Top - End - #135

Ch 7.4 It makes no sense!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh joy, you! Why couldn't I access it before?

Okay preparations.

Here's the robe Lyn.
    Lyn Thank you, Illven

Okay Dorcas, and Wil sit out. Matthew and Rath come on. Also Wil, and Dorcas give up your items you won't need them on the back ranks.

Now what kind of dark arts are these. Are they baby eating monstrosities, or are they the nice spellcasters held by the class-ism of the others?

Make up your mind.

My name's Lucius.

He was...unpleasant.
    Yeah he was.

Um okay.

So I should use pegasus knights like Florina?

Okay, let me get this straight. First you go on about how magic users can find it difficult to damage each other, then you want me to battle the shaman with the magic user? Kinda sending mixed signals.

I don't have a choice.

May St. Elimine strike you down!

Please tell me you pumped up inspire courage or Dragonfire inspiration.

So nothing like inspire courage, or Dragonfire inspiration.

Stat-o-vision
    Everything acceptable?
    Dear Arceus, you're fast. Although your defense could use a little work. A lot of work really.

And you're even faster.
    And he knows what the ladies like! Oh Nils could you roleplay a sarcastic guy for me? I'll make it worth your while!
    Trust me, I'm not your type.

I guess.

Dance to the beat!

Will that allow different musics?

Let me be clear, stay away from my man!
    ... I'll do my best?
    Okay ignoring the fact that Erk isn't property. Erk very clearly does not want you.

I've got this one!

He's down now!

Sain This so called Black fang will find itself no match for my heroic passion!

Well of course they say that! They want people to buy their services. It's terrible advertising to mention that people can escape their bounty hunters or whatever.

Greeting miss.

My name is Kent. Knight of Lycia.
    Ah, you're just passing through?
    Correct, miss.

It's just a dead old snag, really.

Illven, on Lady Lyn's request I have used some of that gold I gave her to buy a heal staff and fire tome for your magic users.

Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Sain
    Kent
    Serra
    Rath
    Lucius
    Nils

So how do you feel about the Narrator's/Scroll's advice of using magic users after explaining that they tend to find it difficult to hurt each other?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I love how they give that little forshadowing that nobody pays attention to...

EDIT: Wait, that second post wasn't there a moment ago!

17. - Top - End - #137

I just updated.

And it's not like Nergal means anything to any of them.

18. - Top - End - #138

Kobold

Serra is such a jerk, it's fantastic.

And Ilven how could you even think of getting rid of Sain. What would we do without his heroic passion.
    "If you are what you eat I must be pie!" - By a friend

19. - Top - End - #139

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTiger1221 View Post
    Serra is such a jerk, it's fantastic.

And Ilven how could you even think of getting rid of Sain. What would we do without his heroic passion.
    Get more female teammates

20. - Top - End - #140

Truly, Sain faces an unresovable conundrum. Removing his own contribution would mean more space for the loveliest of womenfolk, but, should he abdicate his post, he would lose all chance at proving his virile valor. A most intractable dilemma indeed.

Fun fact: Lyn hard mode is just regular mode without the helptext. Since 70% of all helptext and controlled turns involve stupid decisions, the end result is that hard mode is easier.

I love the Erk/Serra dynamic, but just can't bear to see my poor Erky suffer stuck with Serra after the game.

21. - Top - End - #141

Replies
    Spoiler
    Show

@Selpharia Is that a vote for ErkxSerra?

Ch 7.6 This means war!
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll get this shaman!

*sigh* If only you would roleplay.

I'll lay my hands on you as many times as you need. Or want.
    Oh yeah. Sweep me off my feet after you can't seduce the new recruit, that's totally going to work.
    That's the trick!
    Erk you sound jealous.

I've weakened this one.

Why was that Bandit carrying a lance?

You won't harm Lyn!
    Arceus, Florina! If you're not terrified, you're psychotic! Can I please have sane team-mates! Is that too much to ask!
    *cough*
    *cough*
    *cough*
    Well don't let the insane people overshadow you!

I'll handle this Mercernary, milady.

Okay Kent, warn that village.

Magical attacks are special.

Yes you can!
    Not even if you're wearing armor.

Pegasus knights, too.

Go on, take it.

Why do people insist on telling me things I already know!?

Milady, I regret to inform you I am overburdened. I must drop an item.
    Lyn Illven, any suggestions.
    Drop the Vulenrary. The shop Rath went to had more if we need them.

I've got him.

Not bad.
    Well, your guidance seems to be making me stronger.

I've got you.

...Serra
    I just want to get straight to the pleasing! You want to “please” me get good level ups.

Joy.

Ow!

Okay Florina move up for healing. Lucius take care of that guy. Lyn block off the bandit. Serra heal Matthew, Nils play for Serra, Serra move to heal Florina. Erk move up a little bit.

Taken care of.

Does that please you?
    It's not bad.
    Oh.

Lyn!
    Lyn I'll be fine!

Okay Florina move up, Serra with Nils help heal Lyn. Lucius finish that Merc. Rath give that Staff to Serra. Erk take that tome from Rath.

Lyn Thank you Serra.

Taken care of.

Lyn Bandit!

Good job Lyn!
    Lyn Thank you Illven!
    Sain Knowing what the ladies like
    Lyn ..

Nice!
    You're only being nice to Lyn because you want to “play” with her, because you think she's Bi!
    Okay A She's less then half my age. My eldest daughter is her age. B I have a wife. C I don't care what Lyn's sexuality is.

Oh joy. Weapon triangle disadvantage

*face-palm*
    Saint Elimine must require more prayer.

Okay Rath move out of the way. Serra with Nils's help heal Lyn and Lucius, Everyone but Florina move down,

Huumph.
    Lyn I'm terribly sorry you think Illven wants to “play” with me more than you.
    Now see if you were a guy that'd be sexy.
    Lyn *face-palm*

Thank you, Sister.

Don't worry, Florina I'm not mad at you.

Ow!

I'll heal you as much as you need.

I've got him.

Okay Serra move up, Matthew visit that house.

So you're a spy! Lyn, Matthew's a spy!
    Lyn Do you really think someone would allow him as a spy?
    That's what makes him such a good spy.... Ah forget it!

Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Lyn
    Sain
    Kent
    Florina
    Erk
    Serra
    Matthew
    Lucius

Yay! Actual combat. Again!
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-05-04 at 10:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Please have Serra visit the house too.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Please have Serra visit the house too.
    Sorry. I already finished the chapter. Plus at that point why wouldn't Serra travel with Hector?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Sorry. I already finished the chapter. Plus at that point why wouldn't Serra travel with Hector?
    Oh if you've never seen the dialogue that's even sadder.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145

Ch 7.8
    Spoiler
    Show

Don't forget my message!

Lyn I'm Lyndis, Princess of Caelin!

Okay Serra heal Lyn. Lucius you take care of the boss. Everyone prepare to rush. In case Lucius can't handle it.

Not bad!
    Oh. If only you would roleplay.

*sigh* Course Illven wants me to lay my hands upon you.
    Sain I certainly do!
    *face-palm*

We will rescue the boy's sister!

I'll lay my hands on you all you want. And if you feel inspired or anything, just tell me

I won't let this stop me.

That's more like it Serra! You can raise Speed, just raise other stats!
    How about you reward me. I'm certain you can think of ways.
    *face-palm*

You won't evade St. Elimine's justice.

*face-palm* So much for not evading St. Elimine's justice.
    Shut up!

Thank you again.

There we go!

Good thing I have a spare.

Is that the best you can do?

Oh... that's an issue.

Okay. Not bad.

How is he supposed to know?

Eliwood Was I wrong to involve myself?
    No you weren't, that band kidnapped her.

It's true, isn't it?
    Oh that's ridiculous. Are you seriously telling me that no Sacae person ever lied before? What do they have a magic compulsion to only tell the truth?

*face-palm* I hate this!

Lyn courteous to a Sacaean nomad.

Spoiler
    Show

Illven
    Lyn
    Sain
    Serra
    Matthew
    Lucius

Now with all but the epilogue of this chapter out of our way, let's discuss the next chapter deployment.

Next chapter planning.
    Spoiler
    Show

The next chapter allows me to use 10 of my 12 units. Since lance user are in this chapter I want to take Dorcas. Which means not using Wil, or Sain. Like the previous chapter we have character sheets for everyone. Taking Nils is happening. I need to get him to at least level 7. And Lucius is my only light magic user right now. You may also request for specific characters to get items.

Lyn

Sain

Kent

Florina

Wil

Dorcas

Serra

Erk

Rath

Matthew

Nils

Lucius

List of items
    Spoiler
    Show

ManiKatti 41/45
    Iron sword 12/46
    Iron sword 23/46
    Iron sword 28/46
    Iron sword 40/46
    2 Iron sword 46/46
    Arnorslayer 14/18
    Iron axe 42/45
    Hand axe 15/20
    2 Iron lance 42/45
    Iron lance 43/45
    Iron lance 45/45
    Slim lance 10/30
    Javelin 20/20
    Iron bow 31/45
    Short bow 22/22
    Fire 22/40
    Fire 40/40
    Lighting 21/35
    Heal 30/30
    Vulenrary 1/3
    7 Vulenrary 3/3
    Pure water 3/3
    Lock pick 11/15
    Door key 1/1

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'd go with leaving Wil and Lucius behind. Rath is better than Wil, and the Anima users best Lucius at magic (Anima beats Light).

27. - Top - End - #147

And I just realized that I forgoot that I have to get Nils to 7 by the end of Lyn mode when you mentioned it. NNNGH! Oh well, starting again

Edit: I wasn't voting for ErkxSerra so much as more of Erk and Serra together. I'm partial to ErkxPriscilla or ErkxNino because it's adorable
    Last edited by Selpharia; 2012-05-05 at 04:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeusername View Post
    I'd go with leaving Wil and Lucius behind. Rath is better than Wil, and the Anima users best Lucius at magic (Anima beats Light).
    Okay I can see the logic behind Lucius. But I want him to gain levels because Hector's mode has alot of Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Selpharia View Post
    And I just realized that I forgoot that I have to get Nils to 7 by the end of Lyn mode when you mentioned it. NNNGH! Oh well, starting again

Edit: I wasn't voting for ErkxSerra so much as more of Erk and Serra together. I'm partial to ErkxPriscilla or ErkxNino because it's adorable
    Well you only need it for 19xx. So if you don't mind losing that chapter, you can continue to play.

29. - Top - End - #149

It'll be interesting to see this LP. Can I throw in a vote for SainxSerra? It'd be interesting to see.

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Tajuh View Post
    It'll be interesting to see this LP. Can I throw in a vote for SainxSerra? It'd be interesting to see.
    Vote counted. Any others you'd want to see?