New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside 15-There used to be a silly pun here, but it wouldn't fit

Can you tell a giantrobotmechamonstermachine to do it, or something? I'm rather on a clock, here. Happy says, nodding in a manner she presumably thinks is sage and oldschool.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside 15-There used to be a silly pun here, but it wouldn't fit

AuxCave

Direct her to one of the places that have cloning labs. AMEN, the primary Cave, or slowly set about repairing one of the chambers in the AuxCave. Delay her as much as possible but don't deny her cloning request.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Troll in the Playground

[AuxCave]

"I will need to repair a cloning vat in order to comply with your request."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ogre in the Playground

But that'll take a long time! Happy says, stamping her foot, unhappy.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground

"There are working cloning facilities at the primary MagCave," Mainframe says. It does not mention AMEN because going there may endanger a GLoG member.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Carrying as many bones as she can, Happy nods in the general direction of the Mainframe's nearest speaker, sending tears of purple rage flying, before vanishing off to the main MagCave.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Colossus in the Playground

Vallasito transports himself and Sindri to a battlefield plane.

Sindri scans the battlefield through his thick ornate helmet. Simple relocation? His staff glows a reddish purple glow. It cannot save you. I have served one hundred years under the false gods and six hundred learning the secrets of order, the universe, and Chaos Immaterium. Their power flows through me like a glorious wildfire through the forest. He raises his staff into the air, which glows violently.
    You are a fool if you think you can defeat me here.
    Sindri slams the butt of it into the ground, unleashing a destructive shockwave that emits in all directions, tearing the ground in its unstoppable yet brilliant wave of destruction.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vallasito grins. It is near impossible to hear it but Vallasito speaks rapidly.
    Flash Teleport

As the wave of destruction smashes the scenery turning it to rubble. Vallasito reappears 10 ft behind him.
    Your right, it would be foolish of me to believe that upon first laying eyes on you that I could so simply crush you. I'm honored to lay eyes upon someone so powerful, yet arrogant. Besides...
    Vallasito points to the great crater that is now restoring itself to the wondrous paradise it was only seconds ago.
    Sheer power alone won't be enough to defeat me.
    Summon Monster IX.

Sindri will find himself surround by 4 Elder Elementals. One of each element: fire, air, earth, and water. Each of them roar as they attack Sindri at full force. Meanwhile Vallasito floats into the air above Sindri yelling down at him.
    To win a fight require the use of all of your assets.

Arcane Art Lvl8: Tensa's Diamond Hellstorm

A hail of near endless diamond shards fire down on Sindri.
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-07-20 at 07:58 PM.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

9. - Top - End - #1059

The diamond shard strike Sindri's enormous armor to little avail except making loud noises.

Sindri, in a rather spectacular motion of agility that is remarkable for humans let alone someone in armor that bulky, he jumps up, avoiding the strike of the earth elemental and brandishing his pistol. Before it can recall its arm, Sindri lands on it and begins firing at the water elemental, which will be stricken by destructive and very powerful bursts of energy from the pistol.
    Sindri runs up the arm of the earth elemental and strikes it in the body with his glowing staff, which would shatter the elemental in a singular spectacular blow.
    Sindri quickly retrieves his staff and points it between the air and fire elemental, which must now contend with the fury of a blast of pure immaterial energy.

After all four of the elementals are taken care of, Sindri will hover in the air and envelop it in a flurry of thunder and lightning, ionizing the atmosphere with such voltage that lightning arcs in between trees.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Fire Elemental absorbs the blast leaving the Air Elemental which in it last strife of life blasts a great fury of wind that breaks the clouds before dying and thus dispersing with the clouds.

Vallasito stands in the air unfazed by the humanoid display of dexterity and power merely staring at Sindri.
    Impressive
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

11. - Top - End - #1061

Sindri lands on the ground, cracking it as he does, or maybe that is just the ground shaking from him leaping up to Vallasito's height, his staff at the ready to spear him or if need be, block any incoming attacks.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vallasito stands there watching the attack head for him. As Sindri come within 10ft of him Vallasito make a quick movement with his Great Sword. Sindri may find that his staff has sudden shortened in length and that his tracjectory has been sent off course about 100 degrees.

13. - Top - End - #1063

Although the staff is more resilient than it looks, Vallasito is able to throw him off trajectory. As he flies off though, he seems to dissolve into a shimmer of demonic lightning and fire. Vallasito may find Sindri to have teleported himself in midair directly behind him, ready to whack Vallasito with the glowing staff.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vallasito in only a split second spots Sindri bringing his sword up to block it which is easily deflected sending Vallasito hurdling towards to the ground where he recovers. Vallasito smirks.
    Fast and Strong...perhaps your not as arrogant as you have boasted.

15. - Top - End - #1065

If these are "all your assets," I am dissapointed.
    Sindri grabs his staff as it glows brighter and brings it overhead. As he reaches the ground the head of it arcs through the air before smacking the ground, and from that arcs an enormous blade of linear but powerful energy cutting through the ground on its way to Vallasito.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Dwarf in the Playground

You have witnessed only a slither of my assets.
    Arcane Art Lvl7: Wall of Denial

The massive blade of energy slams into the ground hurdling towards Vallasito. The blast is blocked then absorbed by an invisible wall causing an explosion of energy blocking both Vallasito's and Sindri's view.

Vallasito smirks enjoying the moment of silence.
    Artificer Infusiont: Summon Colossal Construct

Before Vallasito appears Vital Suit Model LP9999 armored in lightweight but strong Iridium-Adamantine Interior Armor with a Titanium-A Exterior Armor. It has numerous elvish markings that glow all over the suit which is also tinted a dark steely-cobalt.

Vallasito hops in. Waiting for the smoke to clear or be cleared.

17. - Top - End - #1067

The armored figure does little more than point his hand at the large construct, and from the magical glowing a bolt of energy erupts out. The bolt may seem insignificant aside from that it seems to tear apart and warp reality as it shoots through the air.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fortunately for Vallasito the Wall of Denial was still in affect and was able to absorb the impact as Vallasito shoots into the air within the large mech talking down to him.
    You think that bolt of lightning would of destroyed this great construct. The sheild on it are infused with my aura. In otherwords, my will power alone could of negated that attack.
    Vallasito moves the two arms on the mech together, with two beams of energy forming.
    Let this be one of the many assets you witness.
    The two beams of light fuse together creating a beam of magnificent, but destructive light that blasts to the ground where Sindri stands as Vallasito prepares another spell.
    Elemental Art Lvl7: Permafrost
    The ground beneath Sindri as well as a 100 ft raidius around him suddenly drops 20 degrees F per second turning the grass on the ground to icicles in seconds.

(Deadtime, Sry))
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2010-07-20 at 09:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie steps out near the fight frowning. She wonders why there was a portal from HALO to here. And why there was a giant fight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Abandoned Transdimensional Missile Base]

Seren is sitting down and watching the Lt. idly, most of his brain occupied by Tavlii's calculations.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #1071

I can kill you with a thought regardless of how thick your skin of steel is. Sindri jumps back to avoid beind directly hit by the light beam, but it glances him. He then pulls out his pistol and fires on the enormous machine, firing intense bursts of plasma energy in rapid succession. The nonmagical weapon will absolutely wreak havoc on the barrier shielding of the mech, followed by a larger version of the previous spell. If this hits the mech, the effects would be devastating at the very least.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    Somewhere, it doesn't matter where, really, a portal opens. It could be anywhere you look it to be, but it does. So anyone might see it! A gaping, gasping mouth, huge, toothed, flaming, spewing out hordes of teeny-tiny little fiery imps, each shrieking and stumbling to get out and invade the Nexus as fast as they can, each desperate to get towards the "real world".

And they're hungry. The first gaggle swarm onto a nearby signpost, devouring it in short, sharp, fire-fuelled gulps, reducing it to cinders and dinner, while behind 'em, swarms start to devour the cobbled roads.

And the people on them...
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Hell portal]

Decker, about 7 feet tall in her goat headed cloven footed devil form, is drawn to the area by the hell aura of it all. {diabolic} "Hey... guys? You're early. The party isn't scheduled until the players involved get tired of hunting demon cultists for a few weeks. Knock it off and go back home!" {/diabolic}

If the imps come from her hell, the one where The Iron Queen Persephone does endless battle against the Storm Demoness Lilith, they might recognize her as the daughter of a high ranking devil.

If they come from a different hell... they might recognize her as dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    They blink, confused.

What?

What's she saying?

Wait. Wait. That's not why they're confused.

Why aren't they eating her?

With shrills of excitement and glee, the myriad imps attempt to swarm Decker - while still getting as far from their portal as they physically can.
    HT suddenly remembers this encounter.

Decker roars at the imps as she smacks away any that get close to her, trying to establish dominance.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    HT suddenly remembers this encounter.

Decker roars at the imps as she smacks away any that get close to her, trying to establish dominance.
    The imps immediately shriek in fear, and hide behind a lamp-post in a tall ladder-like pile, blinking at her, while still afraid of the portal they emerged through.
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Being Decker's consort, Kalselthazaar, Great-grandson of a significantly less high ranking devil (who nevertheless happens to rule two circles, instead of one due to a Kris-the-Slayer related mishap) is there too. The instinctual fiendish part of him is somewhat cowed by his companion 'pulling rank' so to speak, though the thinking part of him overpowers that and prevents him from grovelling or something equally embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    I can kill you with a thought regardless of how thick your skin of steel is. Sindri jumps back to avoid beind directly hit by the light beam, but it glances him. He then pulls out his pistol and fires on the enormous machine, firing intense bursts of plasma energy in rapid succession. The nonmagical weapon will absolutely wreak havoc on the barrier shielding of the mech, followed by a larger version of the previous spell. If this hits the mech, the effects would be devastating at the very least.
    The bullet indeed wreak havoc on the VS. As Vallasito begins evasive maneuvers one round blasts against the shields, breaking them in an instant as the round then pings off his VS's armor having lost velocity. As he careens towards the ground two more shots hit the great mech: One the bores through the exterior armor on the lower chest of the mech; the other hitting one of VS's thrusters, causing Vallasito to begin barrel rolling for a few second before righting himself. This is when he see the blast of light still heading for the ground.
    Oh no...
    Vallasito and his mech seemingly disappear into the great aether of energy. As it dissapates the landscape where the blast of light was fired has been charred black, but shortly after begin returning to its normal state. However, it would appear that Vallasito is nowhere to be found.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

[Portal Place]

"That's better." Decker glares at the imps, then turns and grins at Kal. "Hey, wanna go check out that portal?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1077

Sindri uses his powers to scan the area for life, as well as disturbances in the air that would signal a teleportation.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sindri will notice right off the bat, a blip of life signals right beneath him as a giant metal fist, glowing white with heat comes out of the ground right in front of him smack Sindri in his chest. The impact however is likely not even a critical injury.

Vallasito's VS blasts its way out the ground and it is immediately noticeable that the exterior armor of the mech has been burned off along with small sections of the interior. The VS is also missing one of its cannons. Vallasito grunts.
    Again I must congratulate you. Your caliber of attack is well above the norm for most humanoids.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Sindri is striken by the enormous fist and thrown backwards. In response he leaps back up and draws a different looking pistol.
    I am a sorcerer of the Chaos Astartes. I am above any mere human.
    The pistol begins to glow as he fires high-caliber explosive soul-piercing rounds at the mech.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vallasito flies back in the machine while casting yet another Wall of Denial, which absorbs the round as he then rockets into the air.
    Do not underestimate me. I am full of surprises.

Vallasito presses a button in the VS which sends out from the back of the mech to missile pods, each contains 12 missiles that all fire at the same time at Sindri. As they get within 100yds the missiles open up revealing an addition 12 missiles from each missile that dart for Sindri.