New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] That Day Has Come

Stop is the word I'm looking for

Tendrils shatter than seems to melt a little and reform. The fires change color into more of an see through, more of an outline of fire than fire, but every fire burns something for fuel, for these Time itself is the wood. Things start to slow down, as time burns around the mountain that is Dark Lord and the Amen base.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

2. - Top - End - #62

Quote Originally Posted by Eadin View Post
    [Beach]

John's whisper makes his way into her head, but she already knew staying isn't the greatest idea. She shivers a bit, but doesn't pay a lot of attention too it.
    There's a huge city rising from the sea.

Eadin's expression turns grim. She heard of him, the city and the other horrors slumbering inside the ocean. "Always thought it was some horror story.."
    She sighs, thinking of the people she cares about here. "I can't leave..."
    She takes a deep breath before returning her gaze to the horror. Looks like other people noticed him too. "Should do something..." She mumbles.
    Pysoplane, Beach
    "You should find others and then help them get out." he whispered into her ear again. He glided around her, unseen to both her and Ace. He believed it should be time to strike the deal with on of them. A bit more waiting would bear fruit.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Trog's

Several members of the Order of the Lantern are trying to keep things peaceful around Trog's, and Sigwhite stands outside, staring blankly at the sky.
    "My time as a mortal is come and gone. I can stand and watch no longer."

Yellow Zone-Near Docks

Most of Phil's robots stand guard around the warehouse, ready to fight any starspawn that approach. Within the warehouse, Phil does his best to prepare himself for an emergency launch of the Tizona.

Red Zone
    Rileybeast is on the hunt, using Riley's normal form to attract any who feel a child should not be left alone in such a situation as the one Inside is in now.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Red Zone
    Rileybeast is on the hunt, using Riley's normal form to attract any who feel a child should not be left alone in such a situation as the one Inside is in now.
    Red Zone

Rileybeast might run into Jakob, who is somewhere around here and actively trying to evacuate as many civilians as possible via clever use of summoning.

Or he might not, since Jakob's a bit high on the power scale and I have no clue where Rileybeast is and really unbalanced fights aren't very fun. Jakob's about B+/A-, for the record.
    Last edited by BladeofOblivion; 2011-08-10 at 02:37 PM.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

Avatar by Dorian Soth Thormag. Thanks a bunch.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

AMEN

Wolfy seems to be immune to the time slowing down, twirls his hammer to block the next wave of tendrils, and aims a powerful mountain-shattering blow at the volcano itself, ignoring that his fur seems to be singeing a bit.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bouncing Down the side of Cthulhu]

The capsule begins to roll down the side of the massive... thing.

After a while, it lands on the ground. If nothing interferes, it will grow legs, and begin scuttling towards the city at about the speed of the plot.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 02:39 PM.

7. - Top - End - #67

AMEN

Surprise time
    The whole base and everything in it, turns into a gas and reforms behind Wolfy.
    Fun time for you.
    The volcano part has stopped spewing but it is seems to have a cap over the top.

Knock Knock

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Over Inside
    A MainframeDrone teleports near DC (Unless he's cloaked, in which case Mainframe will still be searching for him.) "Your presence is requested at the MagCave for the purposes of survival. You may bring two guests, and you have five minutes to pack."
    DC is not cloaked, and the Mainframe-Drone will find itself in a rather odd place-a malevolent-looking, huge dark red aura swirls around the psychic like a terrible cloud, though it's not actually anything material and thus isn't harmful to be in.

"I'm staying. This isn't over yet." The psychic looks as if he's focusing for a moment, and the 'cloud' shrinks and swirls significantly more slowly as he suppresses his own now nigh-uncontrollable powers. "Find KR and...Wenomir for me." He would've said Decker, but he's sure she's fine, and he's mostly looking out for KR there. That's probably where his brief hesitation came from.

Of course their players may or may not be available for it, but that's what he's saying.

"I don't want any arguments, just go."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2011-08-10 at 03:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

[Inside Red Zone]

Can a 10-foot tall man made out of metal fly? Of course he can! Of course, now he's looking more like a 6-foot tall metal man now. The rest of his massive frame has been morphed into an equally huge set of wings, which are currently holding him aloft. Spotting Jakob, Kampilan descends for a graceful landing, his wings shrinking as he does so in order to restore him to his usual height. His fine clothes have long since been shed. There was a time and place for such things, and this, most certainly was not it. The giant androgynous metal construct approaches Jakob, its deep voice booming from its, only without any of the supercilious, nasally pitch of its usual speech. Again, not the time.
    "Are you a member or WATCHTOWER?"
    Don't ask how it knows.

[Meanwhile, at WATCH]

A cat sits in the courtyard, staring into the distance at events otherworldly. Watching, waiting. Soon.

[Meanwhile Meanwhile, at the MagCave]

Kal is still here! Seriously Kal! What are you doing here? Don't you know the entire world is going to Hell in a handbasket?
    Oh wait.
    Not caring in the slightest if the mortal realm becomes the new home of a bunch of squiddly things, Kal, wanders around the MagCave lobby/foyer place, pouring himself another glass of punch before looking for someone else. Probaly so he can taunt them as their puny world collapses all around them.

[Meanwhile Meanwhile Meanwhile, Back at WATCH]

Typical, really. You skip out on one apocalypse. 'Doesn't matter', you think. 'You're meant to be in Hestopia, enjoying Cessie and Harnel's wedding', you think. 'You've just been through three apocalypses, you better take a break on one, or else you could get Post Apocalypse Fatigue Syndrome', you think. You know, because you're already such a well adjusted and mentally stable person. And then all this happens. Well, screw it. So it's just the waking of Cthulhu and the inevitable end of everything you know and love (in this timeline, at least - you're vaguely aware that a splinter timeline was created, though of course the fact that there's another you that gets to live isn't quite as comforting when it's a your head on the chopping block instead). But so what? You have a plan for this sort of thing, right? You ALWAYS
    have a plan!
    Right?
    Sighing, KR sits down on the observatory floor, turning off all the view, one by one, until just the one, staring at Inside, remains. End of the world, and for the first time ever (not counting that time, that time... oh, and that other time too), KR has no idea what to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Over Inside

Mainframe hesitates, as he was ordered to take people by force. But DC is still in its records as a GLoG member, and as such, his orders supersede Magtok's. "Acknowledged." And the drone vanishes..

Watchtower

... and reappears at Watchtower. Assuming its okay to handwave it getting inside, it will search for and locate KR.

"Your presence is requested at the MagCave for the purposes of survival. You have five minutes to pack."
    it announces.

If it's not okay to handwave it getting inside, then it will be outside attempting to get in.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Inside Red Zone]

Can a 10-foot tall man made out of metal fly? Of course he can! Of course, now he's looking more like a 6-foot tall metal man now. The rest of his massive frame has been morphed into an equally huge set of wings, which are currently holding him aloft. Spotting Jakob, Kampilan descends for a graceful landing, his wings shrinking as he does so in order to restore him to his usual height. His fine clothes have long since been shed. There was a time and place for such things, and this, most certainly was not it. The giant androgynous metal construct approaches Jakob, its deep voice booming from its, only without any of the supercilious, nasally pitch of its usual speech. Again, not the time.
    "Are you a member or WATCHTOWER?"
    Don't ask how it knows.
    Red Zone Streets

Jakob's blade twirls, cutting down another cultist where he stands, and a family of four fairly average NPCs is teleported to safety unless someone chooses to stop either of those things for some reason.

"Yes, I'm with WATCHTOWER. And no, I have no idea what to do about the enormous far things currently tearing the city apart. I'm trying to save as many lives as I can right now. Except for the Cultists, of course. They can die like rats for all I care."
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    The pod has arrived in the streets, and is looking for someone to run into (not literally, though, unless you want to be run over by it).

At this point, it's hard to say where it is, so it could encounter anyone, especially if they're in the part of Inside closest to Cthulhu.

(By the way, BladeofOblivion, there's someone new in the MURDER rec room, if Sarah's still there.)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 03:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech- Null Zone

Terrowin stops the sermon, an idea having been implanted by Dalachrech into his head. "Everybody, follow me. I can get you somewhere safe." He leads the massed cultists, everybody that worships Dalachrech in Inside, upstairs to his bedroom, where he opens the wardrobe and kicks down the fake back. "Please make an orderly queue and enter the Scuttling Pits calmly and in a controlled manner. You too, Reverend Siblings. I'll stay here to close the portal and stop anything from following you."
    "Sorry, Sir, but I'm staying with you. Stop anything from interrupting the ritual." Narahar the tattooed half-elf states.
    "Fine, but we'll both die. Does anybody else want to stay?"

Skies

Nephrim is still here, and in her natural form. She flaps over to where DC hovers, gripping the Object Fear in her left hand and an ornate, serrated dagger with a sharkskin-wrapped grip and a red pommel jewel. "I'd like to join WATCHTOWER. At least until this is all over with. How can I help you?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

Reinholdt is confused and has a hard time believing this sudden change in... everything.

"End of Days? What? Since when? Where were the signs?" Silly Reinholdt. While you were selfishly trying to work on stealing the Cloning Plans while the end of the world was starting.

He gets up and rubs his paws though. Bindings hurt!

[Running through the Streets of Inside]

Formerly Fez Hat Reinholdt slowly stops screaming, but shifts into a cat in order to run faster. Just a few more running posts and he may very well make it out of the city in one piece!

[Watchtower]

Butler will open the door for the drone and let it in!
    ... And then see it's a drone and scowl at it.
    But will let the drone through.

Ilpholin is busy in her room, imaging what it'd be like if KR liked her instead of Wenomir. Silly girl.
    Mister Squiggles has to knock on her door repeatedly to get her to come to it so he can tell her the news.
    "... That sucks. Go get Margret."
    Mister Squiggles chitters and goes to fetch the robot.

[Crazy Cthulhu Cultists]

Among those who gathered, is one who prays fervently. One who begs Cthulhu to eat them first. One devoted to the cause of the old ones. One who...
    "Hey baby. It's the end of the world. We should, you know, share this special moment. In my bed. I hear if you get high enough in your bliss that Cthulhu will eat you first. Doesn't that sound like something you want to do?"
    Is opportunistic and hits on hawt Cultist chicks?
    STU!

[PACK]

The Admiral stands on the deck of his ship, glancing outwards as he puffs his cigar. To be honest, he just came out here to enjoy the sky. Maybe try to figure out where the band could set up out here for some really killer performances where they literally fly down from the sky performing their best hits.

Course, the end of the world sort of puts a damper on all that. Not many people will show up to performances when they're doomed to die at the hands of... whatever those things were in the distance.

Well. Hell. Admittedly this might be the one time for the best performance in the history of the world. Music was, after all, all about the timing.

The Admiral takes his cigar out of his mouth and stares at it. Before flicking it away from him and off the ship. No time like the present to quit smoking. He folds his hands behind his back.

"Take us up."

The Cryxian begins its ascent.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2011-08-10 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the MagCave, Both of 'em

Hey look, it's Squiddly, the giant floating monstrous squid MagBot! =D

"Welcome to the End of Days, mortals. State your name, your skills, species, and motive for coming here. I have been authorized to deny any and all shoggoths entry, as well as any individuals that cannot, as my my lord put it, 'pull their weight'. Disqualified entrants will be shot if any display of resistance is shown."
    Saurous sighs. Magtok and his bloody robots and his pointless procedures. He quickly states his credentials to Squiddly, not even pausing to take a breath.

"Saurous Kaer, magic and knowledge of the capabilities of eldritch abominations, elf, I want to help Magtok with this and I just left here not five minutes ago."
    Awesome Saurcrow avvie by happyturtle.
    Spoiler
    Show

I gots an award. Sort of.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

[Skies over Inside]

"Kill every hostile you can. And watch out for friendly fire." Friendly fire? What's DC talking ab-oh...

The 'cloud' around him resumes its prior state from before he began suppressing his own abilities, swirling faster if anything.

Great red streams begin lashing out of the cloud at targets below. Hostile starspawn and Far-beasts are likely to find a dent in their population as these titanic, amplified psychokinetic blasts begin striking at them.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets -> Outside the MagCave]

Not that way. That way is bad. Far too many starspawn. Not the good kind, either. Nope, these are the feeding on people while smashing things kind.

So, go the other way. Clearly.

Turn left...

And almost run into a giant squid MagBot around the corner.

Can't be any worse than those things, right? Right?

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Skies Above

Edijar activates a couple different types of grids on his HUD map and gives a bit of a nod. "Teleportation grid is online still, if somewhat weakened, and there's a couple of old supply caches still here. But for now, we need to regroup with survivors. And there's only one place they'll go now that Remnant is gone."

He activates the grid, and with a few commands, the two should flash away, and reappear in front of the MagCave, where Edijar drops his cloaking field to be seen.
    The Squiddly Thing is right there at the door, and goes into a bit of a loud, shouty panic as the two arrive. The Magbot designed to resemble a large, hovering squid thing points like six different tentacle-mounted weapons in their direction.

"IDENTIFY YOURSELVES, MORTALS! HORROR OR HUMAN? RAVAGER OR REFUGEE? HAVE YOU THE SKILLS NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FULL POST-APOCALYPTIA CITIZENSHIP? I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMED TO SHOOT SHOGGOTHS ON SIGHT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    MagCave

"Be honest with me, Maggot." Moon Called says, without missing a beat. "When, exactly, was the last time you went outside anyway? I mean, Circle of Twelve, look at how pale you are. Do you even remember what the sun looks like?" She chuckles, leaning against Mainframe and setting her helmet down on top of a monitor. The two eye slits, filled with tinted red glass, peer down emotionlessly at Magtok.
    "Right, well, you're the squishy cyborg half-man with the plan. How long do you think we've got?"
    Magtok shakes his head at the screen, watching Mainframe hop from place to place in search of people worth saving from the oblivion.

"Months, years if we're really lucky. Hours, days if we're not. Maybe long enough to escape to the moon or Mars, maybe short enough to be annihilated on day one. It all depends on how long it takes them to swallow up Inside and GLoG, and if we can get everyone in, lock down immediately afterwards, and then keep absolutely quiet and unnoticed."

He chuckles bitterly, and then turns towards Moon with a smirk.

"Y'know who's screwed, though? Those nincompoops who had their entire base under the sea. Betcha fifty bucks all of HALO is already dead."

[Meanwhile Meanwhile, at the MagCave]

Kal is still here! Seriously Kal! What are you doing here? Don't you know the entire world is going to Hell in a handbasket?
    Oh wait.
    Not caring in the slightest if the mortal realm becomes the new home of a bunch of squiddly things, Kal, wanders around the MagCave lobby/foyer place, pouring himself another glass of punch before looking for someone else. Probaly so he can taunt them as their puny world collapses all around them.
    A Magbot steps forward to try slap Kal in the face and say something rude about his mother, before going on to explain that the party is over, and useless mooching parasites like himself should just go crawl back home under their beds and cry until the dark horrors come to whisk them away to a world of unending agony and nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurous View Post
    Saurous sighs. Magtok and his bloody robots and his pointless procedures. He quickly states his credentials to Squiddly, not even pausing to take a breath.

"Saurous Kaer, magic and knowledge of the capabilities of eldritch abominations, elf, I want to help Magtok with this and I just left here not five minutes ago."
    "Saurous..."

The big ugly squid pauses, deep in thought. C'mon Squiddly, we don't have all day! There are shoggoths out there! Shoggoths! D=

"You may enter, Mr. Kaer."

Whoosh! A tentacle of Squiddly that had been barring the doorway is lowered.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Streets -> Outside the MagCave]

Not that way. That way is bad. Far too many starspawn. Not the good kind, either. Nope, these are the feeding on people while smashing things kind.

So, go the other way. Clearly.

Turn left...

And almost run into a giant squid MagBot around the corner.

Can't be any worse than those things, right? Right?
    Squiddly repeats his demands for skills and competence before one can be granted entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [MagCave]

Reinholdt is confused and has a hard time believing this sudden change in... everything.

"End of Days? What? Since when? Where were the signs?" Silly Reinholdt. While you were selfishly trying to work on stealing the Cloning Plans while the end of the world was starting.

He gets up and rubs his paws though. Bindings hurt!
    Magtok shakes his head, and tries to just drag Reinholdt over to the nearest terminal where one might watch the less-sanity-damaging parts of the madness unfolding at Inside Ground Zero.

"I don't know. Zee only mentioned this thing like a week or two ago, at most. Now everything's gone to hell. Shoggoths are eating people, Big Man Squidlord's walking the earth, and some Lantern guy went and tried to nuke the thing with everything he had, only to be swallowed right up without so much as a flick of the High Priest's wrist.

I know I'm throwing all of this at you really fast, but I need an answer, Rein. Are you in, or do I have to throw you to the shoggoths?"

Wow, that's harsh, Maggy. 'You're with me, or I kill you'? No middle ground at all? Jeez.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-10 at 04:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

19. - Top - End - #79
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

[MagCave - Outside]

"Confirmed. Accessing Data.

Name: Foreign Interaction Device Ψ, Serial number 23. Alias 'Psi' or 'Psi Twenty-Three'.

Skills: Information retrieval and management, research, and specialization in Interaction with Foreign Lifeforms and electronic components. Combat Skills: Average. Capable of self-defense and energy manipulation.

Species: Foreign Interaction Device. No further data available.

Motive: Seeking information from subject 'Magtok' on current events.

Further information:
    Subject 'Shoggoth' status: Negative.
    Ability to displace own mass within a gravity field: Affirmative."
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2011-08-10 at 03:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Streets]

"As it so happens, I do have a plan." Says the metal giant.
    "However, it requires that the both of us get to WATCHTOWER immediately. There is something that resides there that must be set free, as loathe as I am to admit it."

[WATCHTOWER]

"I see."

Says KR blandly, looking up at Mainframe. Standing slowly, she calmly walks down to the Security Room, and opens up a small, locked drawer, retrieving a small disk from the inside. Then she steps over to a keyboard, typing in one quick command. The self-destruct. Almost immediately, the computers in the room, and indeed, all over the base, start to spark and fizz, as in the Office, the WATCHTOWER mainframe starts to melt, slowly sinking into a molten puddle of plastic and metal slag. And in the library, a series of small firebombs tucked in among the shelves start to detonate, rapidly igniting the paper of the books. It won't take long before the entire Library is a raging inferno. And in the Hanger, several significantly larger bombs detonate, the explosions scything through the garage and rendering WATCHTOWER's airship fleet into nothing more than several flaming husks of twisted scrap and shrapnel.
    Meanwhile, in the Security Room, a full duffel bag flies through the door under its own power, the strap slinging itself over KR's shoulder.
    "I am ready."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside The MagCave]

A very small hole opens in the front of the pod. A tendril of mist comes out, and quickly forms into a humanoid head.

"My name is Harin Grael. I am not a horror, though I'm not quite human. I have skills in magic, several years of combat experience, and a really tough vehicle that can change shape. You shouldn't have to worry about that, as I'm not a shoggoth."

The mist retracts, and the hole seals itself.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-08-10 at 03:59 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

The Squiddly Thing is right there at the door, and goes into a bit of a loud, shouty panic as the two arrive. The Magbot designed to resemble a large, hovering squid thing points like six different tentacle-mounted weapons in their direction.

"IDENTIFY YOURSELVES, MORTALS! HORROR OR HUMAN? RAVAGER OR REFUGEE? HAVE YOU THE SKILLS NECESSARY TO QUALIFY FOR FULL POST-APOCALYPTIA CITIZENSHIP? I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMED TO SHOOT SHOGGOTHS ON SIGHT!"

"Submission Halifax and Commander Edijar of Remnant,"
    Missy says, as her shoulder mounted gun gets a targeting fix on the squid. Not shooting yet, just being prepared, especially since, "You know, something with as many tentacles as you have has no business accusing people of being Shoggoths."

I suspect she's going to wear that face through this entire plot.

Watchtower > MagCave

KR is telewarped to the MagCave. The Mainframe drone remains behind to search (unsuccessfully) for Wenomir.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagCave]

KR is teleported! Whoo!

Kal rubs his face after being slapped. And that comment about his mother was completely uncalled for!
    "That's what I'm waiting for baby, that's what I'm waiting for." Says Kal, grinning.
    Did he just call a MagBot 'baby'?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Temple of Dalachrech To Streets, Null Zone

Two male humanoids leave, each armed and armoured although in a quite medieval fashion. One, the taller, is wearing platemail made of brown chitin and is carrying a morningstar with its head shaped like a scorpion's telson and a round shield emblazoned with a massive two-tailed scorpion. His head is covered with a ferocious helmet made out of an ankheg's head, the massive insect's cranium emptied and reinforced to make it servicable.

The other is shorter, wearing chainmail under a red tabard emblazoned with a black two-tailed scorpion. He carries a sickle and a large square shield, also emblazoned with the two-tailed scorpion device. His head is uncovered, revealing a brown-haired half-elf, quite plain and unmemorable bar the two-tailed scorpion tattoo covering his face, the claws resting on his forehead and its tails curled on his cheeks. They are slowly making their way towards where the Remnant building stood, hoping for support.

Skies

"Got it." Nephrim swoops down, shooting any that survive the telekinetic blasts and psychic death with an automatic pistol taken from the red rucksack upon her back. She's careful not to shoot non-farspawn, probably the 'watch out for friendly fire' thing.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok shakes his head, and tries to just drag Reinholdt over to the nearest terminal where one might watch the less-sanity-damaging parts of the madness unfolding at Inside Ground Zero.

"I don't know. Zee only mentioned this thing like a week or two ago, at most. Now everything's gone to hell. Shoggoths are eating people, Big Man Squidlord's walking the earth, and some Lantern guy went and tried to nuke the thing with everything he had, only to be swallowed right up without so much as a flick of the High Priest's wrist.

I know I'm throwing all of this at you really fast, but I need an answer, Rein. Are you in, or do I have to throw you to the shoggoths?"

Wow, that's harsh, Maggy. 'You're with me, or I kill you'? No middle ground at all? Jeez.
    Reinholdt watches all of it with the general horror one might expect.
    "Yeah... yeah, I'm in." He says, distantly, and almost outright dismissively.

"I just... I need to go to GLoG. Grab some people. They haven't gotten there yet, have they?" He asks, now growing desperate as worry gnaws in his gut. Sure, GLoG had its own underground bunker, but...

[Watchtower]
    Explosions and fires and bad stuff, oh my!
    Butler runs around in a panic, trying to put the fires out and keep the base from getting too wrecked and not clean.

Ilpholin and Mister Squiggles and a Catgirl robot killing machine walk out and head towards Inside.
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

[Red Zone Streets]

"As it so happens, I do have a plan." Says the metal giant.
    "However, it requires that the both of us get to WATCHTOWER immediately. There is something that resides there that must be set free, as loathe as I am to admit it."
    Red Zone Streets

I see. Can you teleport or would you prefer to be disintegrated and reformed at the location?

Regardless of the answer, Jakob will collapse into Cyan dust, which proceeds to travel at an absurdly fast rate in WATCHTOWER's direction. If the answer is yes, the Giant may find himself doing the same.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[Strrets -> WATCHTOWER]

"I will make my own way. I doubt your magics would affect me anyway."
    Looking around, he looks for the nearest metal surface, and melts into it...

[WATCHTOWER]

...before reappearing out of a sizable chunk of Airship A. Airship that happened to land in the courtyard. The small white cat glances at the metal man without muh interest.
    "About time you showed up."

Poor Butler. I think the library fire might just be a little bit too big for him to put out. The ones in the hanger are smaller, though there's all those bits of airship and UFO and car and motorcycle to account for. And now the office just smells plain terrible.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

[WATCHTOWER]

The Cyan dust touches down moments later, reforming back into Jakob, sword still in hand and armor still on.

His reaction to the current level of destruction is...

...silence. Staring. Palpable fear.
    Extended Signature

Óla tha eínai éna.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    [MagCave - Outside]

"Confirmed. Accessing Data.

Name: Foreign Interaction Device Ψ, Serial number 23. Alias 'Psi' or 'Psi Twenty-Three'.

Skills: Information retrieval and management, research, and specialization in Interaction with Foreign Lifeforms and electronic components. Combat Skills: Average. Capable of self-defense and energy manipulation.

Species: Foreign Interaction Device. No further data available.

Motive: Seeking information from subject 'Magtok' on current events.

Further information:
    Subject 'Shoggoth' status: Negative.
    Ability to displace own mass within a gravity field: Affirmative."
    "Current events? The Nexus has fallen, mortal. What is worth saving is being sealed off into my lord's headquarters. You seem to meet qualifications, but the chances of being allowed back out are slim. Choose wisely."

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post

"Submission Halifax and Commander Edijar of Remnant,"
    Missy says, as her shoulder mounted gun gets a targeting fix on the squid. Not shooting yet, just being prepared, especially since, "You know, something with as many tentacles as you have has no business accusing people of being Shoggoths."

I suspect she's going to wear that face through this entire plot.
    "With all due respect ma'am, I believe that as the most intellectually advanced MagBot in service, I am more than qualified to do such a thing, tentacles or not."

In spite of all that, it still lowers a tentacle and allows the two passage.

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    [Outside The MagCave]

A very small hole opens in the front of the pod. A tendril of mist comes out, and quickly forms into a humanoid head.

"My name is Harin Grael. I am not a horror, though I'm not quite human. I have skills in magic, several years of combat experience, and a really tough vehicle that can change shape. You shouldn't have to worry about that, as I'm not a shoggoth."

The mist retracts, and the hole seals itself.
    "Resources will be at a premium, mortal. What will it cost to maintain function for your vehicle and form?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt watches all of it with the general horror one might expect.
    "Yeah... yeah, I'm in." He says, distantly, and almost outright dismissively.

"I just... I need to go to GLoG. Grab some people. They haven't gotten there yet, have they?" He asks, now growing desperate as worry gnaws in his gut. Sure, GLoG had its own underground bunker, but...
    Magtok bites his lip. Fudge. If he lets Rein go, something bad will happen. If he doesn't let Rein go, that's going to cost him somehow later, down the road.

"Maybe. Maybe not. I'm sealing this place off soon, so you'll have to take one of the cheap two-use rechargeable telewarpers with you. Don't bring back anyone useless, I don't want to have to tell a little girl she's not big and tough enough to be allowed to live."

Quote Originally Posted by KidKris
    [MagCave]

KR is teleported! Whoo!
    Yet another MagClone steps forward, this one to shake her hand.

"Glad to have you aboard, KR. Find someplace to sit in the foyer, maybe grab some punch left over from the party. I'll be making a speech or something soon, once everything's all set up and whatnot."

Quote Originally Posted by Also KidKris
    Kal rubs his face after being slapped. And that comment about his mother was completely uncalled for!
    "That's what I'm waiting for baby, that's what I'm waiting for." Says Kal, grinning.
    Did he just call a MagBot 'baby'?
    The Magbot snaps its fingers, and a big pair of burly Magbots, each at least twice as tall as Kal, stare down at him menacingly.

"You can wait for it somewhere where your presence won't be a detriment to the morale of people considerably less ugly and deserving of a chainsaw to the duodenum, honey."
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2011-08-10 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

MagCave

One of Phil's robots has appeared at the MagCave, as well as Ember!
    "Erm...is that a metal starspawn up there?"

Null Zone

Leauhon and Ellis are both in the Null zone, and may come across any Dalachrech cultists still out and about.
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2011-08-10 at 04:40 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.