New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

I'd go with a mash up of both. Goblinoid used for basic concepts and colloquial speech, Drow for advanced concepts and formal speech in the upper echelons of society, such as it is.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Escapee just needs two more class abilities statted out and tis done
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

Escapee is done, awaiting feedback as usual.
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ettin in the Playground

Huh, the capstone is pretty powerful, a no save daze effect to all those within 30' of them, which only gets better if they have Great Shriek. Pretty awesome, in my book.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #815
    Titan in the Playground

well that sounds like no one hates it, so next PrC rollin' up

SHRIEKER

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

Mistress keeps telling me I'm 'disturbingly capable for one of the lesser races'. I just know I'm gonna haveta kill her now before she has me offed..."

Shriekers are Vril trained as Battle Mages for their Drow Mistresses. Since their style of magic tends to be loud and unsubtle they aren't really going to be much good as assassins, and the odds are they'll die before their restricted training allows them to become too much of a menace.

BECOMING A SHRIEKER
    Most Shriekers begin as Sorcerers or Warmages before taking levels in this class.
    ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Vril
    Spells: Must be able to cast 2nd level Arcane spells, at least one of which has the Sonic descriptor
    Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 8 ranks, Spellcraft 8 ranks
    Feats: Battle Caster, Dazing Shriek, Sudden Shriek

Class Skills
    The Shrieker's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana, Dungeoneering)(Int), and Spellcraft (Int).
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Extra Shriek, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Shrieking Spell
    3. +1    +1     +1     +3    Sonic Combat Training, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    4. +2    +1     +1     +4    Extra Shriek, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    5. +2    +1     +1     +4    Shrieking Spell
    6. +3    +2     +2     +5    Sonic Combat Training, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    7. +3    +2     +2     +5    Extra Shriek, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    8. +4    +2     +2     +6    Shrieking Spell
    9. +4    +3     +3     +6    Sonic Combat Training, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    10.+5    +3     +3     +7    Death Scream, +1 Level of Arcane Casting Class
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Shrieker gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Extra Shriek (Ex): At levels 1, 4, and 7 you gain one extra daily use of your Shriek ability.

Shrieking Spell (Su): At level 2 you may 'lose' one of your daily uses of your Shriek ability to modify a spell you are casting that has the Sonic descriptor. At level 2 the you may chose to cast the spell as though it had been cast with one of the following Metamagic Feats: Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell.

At level 5 you may also use it to cast a spell as though it had been cast with one of the following Metamagic Feats: Empower Spell, Explosive Spell.

At level 8 you may also use it to cast a spell as though it had been cast with one of the following Metamagic Feats: Maximize Spell, Widen Spell.

Sonic Combat Training (Su): At third level when preparing spells you may prepare any spell with the Sonic descriptor as a spell one level higher (or if you do not prepare spells you may cast it as a Full Round Action instead of a Standard Action). If your opponent doesn't Save successfully vs. this spell (or if it has no Save) he must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma Modifier) or be Dazed 1 round.

At 6th level if he fails the Save he is Dazed 1d3 rounds.

At 9th level he no longer casts the spell as a spell 1 level higher (or casts it as a Standard action like any spell if he doesn't prepare spells ahead of time).

Death Scream (Su): Once per encounter you may unleash the Death Scream: A 60' long cone of Sonic energy doing 1d6 damage per Hit Die you possess (Reflex Save for half damage, Save DC is 10 plus half Hit Dice plus Charisma modifier). Anyone damaged by it must also make a Second Save (Same DC) or be permanently Deafened and Dazed 1d3 rounds.

PLAYING A SHRIEKER NAME
    Your mother always told you that you had a death wish, and an unholy attraction to elf women. Nothing else could explain your willingness to so obviously become cannon fodder in the service of someone who barely recognizes your existence. You'd explain to her your training will one day come in handy during the revolution, but Mistress may be listening...
    Combat: You're made for combat. Or so your Mistress says. She gets you into fights before you've healed from the last one, uses you as a 'trap shield', barely feeds and equips you, and perversely wants you to be a competent enough killer to defend her yet not pose a threat to her existence. In return for this service you get to hang out with some crazy half naked Drow chick and occasionally learn new killin' spells. Hardly seems fair does it?
    Advancement: Unless and until they can escape, Shriekers advance in whatever direction they're told to unless they can find training on the side away from their Mistress (which isn't likely).
    Resources: Usually you are owned by a Drow who uses you as their own private cannon. So you have whatever resources they wish to give you, unless you've escaped, at which point you're initially dead broke. It ain't easy being a Goblinoid...

SHRIEKERS IN THE WORLD
    "Do you sometimes get the feeling Teblice stares at me in an unnatural way?
    Shriekers are poor creatures bred for nothing but battle, and who are smart enough to know it. many of them suffer from depression or odd mental quirks due to the stress of their situation, and usually die before they can get help. Once freed however, they are remarkably loyal to whoever is responsible, even if that person is of a Good alignment. You can just see the Lawful Good Paladin being followed by his Chaotic Evil wannabe sidekick. "I can change boss, no seriously..."
    Daily Life: Your days are spent training, avoiding death at the hands fo your fellows, avoiding death at the hands of your Mistress, and avoiding death at the hands of her enemies. On the odd occasion you get to vent your frustration, bad stuff happens.
    Notables: Teblice (CE Male Vril Warmage 6/Shrieker 6) is a budding revolutionary unwilling to admit his secret elf fetish (especially to his mom).
    Organizations: Escaped Shriekers often band together to form anti drow groups, or at least for mutual protection. Otherwise the closest thing they have are the training camps back in the slave warrens. Which may one day be the center of a revolutionary uprising against the hated Drow.
    NPC Reaction
    NPC's tend to be on the business end of your sonic abilities, usually at the order of your Mistress. Which means they hate her, and you aren't exactly popular...

SHRIEKERS IN THE GAME
    Shriekers are assumed to be (or at one point have been) slaves. This may make some players uncomfortable, so make sure they're okay with it.
    Adaptation: Shriekers tend to be more for serious campaigns given their origins as slaves, but they could do in humorous ones as the sarcastic sidekick/minion.
    Encounters: Shriekers are generally assigned to protect important Drow, or help with raiding parties. So PC's will see them twhen the Drow go to war, or the PC's try to sneak into a dark elf stronghold.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's are spying on a Drow caravan, wondering how best to take it, and looking for an opening. They notice a weird striped goblinoid who always seems to be near the Priestess in charge of it looks to be...enamored of her. Perhaps he likes other Elves as well. Now if only the party can talk the Elven Knight into chatting him up so they can gain some info...

Teblice
    CE Male Vril Warmage 6/Shrieker 6
    Init +2, Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Goblin, Undercommon, Dwarven, Orc
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 28, touch 19, flat-footed 26 (+1 Size, +2 Dex, +9 Armor, +6 Shield)
    hp 66 (12 HD)
    Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +10
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +4 Morningstar +9/+4 (1d6+3)
    Base Atk +6, Grp +1
    Atk Options Shriek 1/day, Warmage Edge +2,
    Combat Gear
    Spells Per Day 0: 6 (DC 12)
    1st: 7 (DC 13)
    2nd: 7 (DC 14)
    3rd: 6 (DC 15)
    4th: 5 (DC 16)
    5th: 3 (DC 17)
    Caster Level 10
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 14
    SQ Skinshift 3/day, Light Blindness, Armored Mage (Light), Advanced Learning (Luminous Gaze, Wind Wall)
    Feats Battle Caster, Dazing Shriek, Greater Spell Focus (Evocation), Spell Focus (Evocation), Sudden Shriek
    Skills Concentration +17, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (Arcana) +17, Spellcraft +17
    Possessions +5 Chain Shirt, +5 Light Steel Shield, +4 Morningstar, Bracers of the Blast Barrier, Dimension Stride Boots, 83 GP

EPIC SHRIEKER

Hit Die: d6
    Extra Shriek At level 21 and every 3 levels thereafter you gain 1 extra daily use of your Shriek ability.
    Spells Your caster level continues to increase with Epic levels but you do not gain extra spells per day or learn new spells.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Shrieker gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-15 at 04:57 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

Any preferences on it using its spells to enhance its Shriek ability or using its Shrieks to enhance its spells?
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ettin in the Playground

Given Shrieks are normally 1/day, you wouldn't get as many uses as you would if you used spell slots, which are generally more prevalent.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    Given Shrieks are normally 1/day, you wouldn't get as many uses as you would if you used spell slots, which are generally more prevalent.
    Unless of course one of their class abilities was extra uses of shriek per day
    Orcs and Goblins

9. - Top - End - #819
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hello Everybody!

I'm Back!

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

OMG Wats!!!!

I thought the bad things had taken you!!

How have you been?

Also, most of hte Shrieker class abilities are up.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-10 at 05:03 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #821

Lol. I've been fine. Still busy with school until it cools down a bit in November. Anyway, I'll be postin' stuff now since I'm now actively back online.

The Gloom Razor now has some abilities!
    Last edited by watsyurname529; 2009-10-10 at 10:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

Excellent

I was hoping you'd return to finish that!
    Orcs and Goblins

13. - Top - End - #823

Yup. A good number of the abilities have been filled out as well as two of the four major curses, not counting the Capstone curse.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

My thoughts so far: just give them immunity ro all disease at level 4. No sense in splitting it up.

Also: The Save DC for the First Infection ability is too low. At 10th level in this class it would be DC 15 plus stat modifier. Most PC's at that level are gonna make that Save easily.

I also have the rest of the Shrieker abilities up for review
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-13 at 05:01 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Okay I was gonna go with a loss of 3 caster levels. THink thats okay?
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Okay I was gonna go with a loss of 3 caster levels. THink thats okay?
    Losing at 2nd, 5th and 8th, I assume? Sounds okay to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

17. - Top - End - #827
    Titan in the Playground

TANARRUK ARSONIST

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

"Burn a city, and it's people will follow it into the ashes.

Flamers are Tanarruks who have sold out to their demonic parents, and agreed to further the goals of the Abyss.

BECOMING A TANARRUK ARSONIST
    Flamers begin as Warlocks, and usually develop a taste for fire...

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Tanarruk
    Eldritch Blast: 3d6
    Invocations: Brimstone Blast, Eldritch Spear
    Skills: Concentration 2 ranks, Intimidate 4 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) 2 ranks
    Feats: Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast), Potent Eldritch Blast (see below)
    Alignment: Cannot be Good.

Class Skills
    The Tanarruk Arsonist's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes)(Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Use Magic Device (Cha).

Hit Dice: d6

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +0     +0     +2    Eldritch Blast, Improved Brimstone Blast
    2. +1    +0     +0     +3    Resistances, Invocation (Least or Lesser)
    3. +2    +1     +1     +3    Immunities
    4. +3    +1     +1     +4    Resistances, Invocation (Least or Lesser)
    5. +3    +1     +1     +4    Immunities
    6. +4    +2     +2     +5    Resitances, Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater)
    7. +5    +2     +2     +5    Immunities
    8. +6    +2     +2     +6    Resistances, Invocation (Least, Lesser, or Greater)
    9. +6    +3     +3     +6    Greater Brimstone Blast
    10.+7    +3     +3     +7   Abyssal Blast, Invocation (Least, Lesser, Greater, or Dark)
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Tanarruk Arsonist gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Eldritch Blast: Your Tanarruk Arsonist and Warlock levels stack for purposes of how powerful your Eldritch Blast is.

Improved Brimstone Blast: From now one you may choose to make any of your Blasts Brimstone Blasts, and you may apply another Eldritch Essence Invocation to the Eldritch Blast if you want.

Resistances (Ex): At level 2 the Flamer gains Energy Resistance 5 (Cold). At level 4 it also gains Energy Resistance 5 (Acid). At level 6 it's Resistance to Cold becomes 10. At level 8 it's Resistance to Acid becomes 10.

Invocations: At each even numbered level the Arsonist learns a new Invocation. It can be from the Warlock or Arsonist Invocation list. Note that once you resume levels in Warlock you may now take an Invocation of any level or type if you gain a Warlock level that grants a new Invocation. Also, if you have at least 5 levels in this PrC, and take more levels in Warlock, you may take Invocations specific to this PrC with any Warlock level in which you learn new Invocations.

Immunities (Ex): At third level the Arsonist becomes immune to poison. At 5th level he becomes immune to fire. At 7th level he becomes immune to electricity.

Greater Brimstone Blast (Su): When using your Eldritch Blast as a Brimstone Blast from now on your opponent receives no saving throw and automatically catches fire.

Abyssal Blast (Su): You gain the Abyssal Blast Invocation.

PLAYING A TANARRUK ARSONIST
    Some people just want to see the world burn, and you are one of them. Tired of the Orcs who wont accept you because of your tainted blood, and tired of the other humanoids who rightly regard you as a terrible monster, you have reached a point in your life where you'd do anything to just watch them all die screaming. And for a price, the Abyss will give you just that...
    Combat: You are a Blaster devoted to fire. Many consider you a hazard because of this, as fire can get out of hand quickly, but your immunity makes you scoff at these notions. Good think you think friends are replaceable. You'll lose them to the inferno that results from your fights pretty often.
    Advancement: Arsonists tend to be single minded in their devotion to fire and destruction (and to a somewhat lesser extent the schemes of their Demonic masters).
    Resources: As an agent of the Abyss, you can occasionally call upon them for aid IF you are able to produce consistent results. Otherwise your best bets are the local demon worshiping cults and loonies. A mixed bag at best.

TANARRUK ARSONISTS IN THE WORLD
    "Oh ____."
    You prefer to interact with the world by bringing about it's end. Honestly, you are never happier than making others weep. Death by burning is something you consider only fitting for a world that has rejected you continuously, despite your blatantly deserving such shunning. In short, you are a madman who is used by others to burn down the Churches of opposing Gods or the houses of less divine rivals.
    Daily Life: Most of the time you are left to your own devices unless the Demons have need of you. Unless you're a member of a cult or something (which is likely) in which case you'll have to put up with taking their orders. Until then, it's just burning everything in reach.
    Notables:
    Organizations: Most Arsonists belong to a cult or military of some sort if they belong to an organization. Crazed arsonists are notoriously unreliable, and with your parentage people are willing to believe the worst of you.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are generally horrified of you. they can't really help it as you're a sadistic killer who burns villages to the ground.

TANARRUK ARSONISTS IN THE GAME
    This is a problematic class for DM's since using copious amounts of fire tends to create problems during and after combat, and the locals may not be as happy to see the PC's kill the local monster if they torch the city in the process.
    Adaptation: This is intended mostly for serious campaigns, but crazy people making things go boom is also a staple of the humor genre.
    Encounters: PC's will generally encounter Flamers burning people or other things into ash and laughing maniacally while doing so (especially churches). Sometimes it seems as if it's their goal to burn the entire world, despite the fact that they won't have any food if they succeed.

Sample Encounter
    EL 15: "Pardon me sir. I know it isn't often you escape your mystic prison and all, but the mayor has sent me to inform you that if you don't cease and desist in burning the city down, he will have your arse handed to you by those four homeless ruffians wielding objects of significant magical power standing over there by the mead hall."

"_________"

"Profanity. Right. Well then, I'll alert the homeless people shall I?"

Name
    CE Male Tanarruk Warlock 6/Arsonist 1
    Init +4, Senses: Listen +8, Spot +8, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Abyssal, Orc
    AC 32, touch 18, flat-footed 29 (+3 Dex, +4 Natural, +10 Armor, +5 Deflection)
    hp 59 (12 HD)
    Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +11
    Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
    Melee Bite +10 melee (1d6+1)
    Melee +1 Spear +11/+6 (1d8+2 plus 1d6 Fire)
    Ranged +1 Spear +14 (1d8 plus 1d6 Fire)
    Base Atk +9, Grp +10
    Atk Options Eldritch Blast 4d8, Improved Brimstone Blast
    Combat Gear
    Invocations Known Least: Eldritch Spear, Frightful Blast, Miasmic Cloud
    Lesser: Brimstone Blast
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 16, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14 (20 w/Cloak)
    SQ Fire Resistance 10, SR 26, Control Flame, Orc Blood, Detect Magic, DR 1/Cold Iron, Deceive Item
    Feats Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast), Improved Initiative, Point Blank Shot, Potent Eldritch Blast, Precise Shot
    Skills Concentration +7, Hide +11, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (Arcana, Religion, The Planes) +2, Listen +8, Move Silently +7, Search +8, Spellcraft +4, Spot +8, Use Magic Device +4
    Possessions +1 Unholy Flaming Burst Returning Spear, +6 Chain Shirt, +5 Ring of Protection, +6 Cloak of Charisma, Type IV Necklace of Fireballs. 48 GP

EPIC TANARRUK ARSONIST

Hit Die: d6
    Eldritch Blast The Epic Tannaruk Arsonists Eldritch Blast increases by +1d6 every even numbered level, beginning at Level 22.
    Invocations The Epic Tannaruk Arsonists caster level is equal to it's character level, but it does not learn any new Invocations.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Tanarruk Arsonist gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th

NEW INVOCATIONS

Least

Frenzy of the Bulezau
    Least; 2nd
    You gain a Circumstance Bonus to all Attack and Damage Rolls with your Eldritch Blast equal to your Charisma Modifier for 24 hours.

Screech of the Vrock
    Least; 2nd
    Identical to the Sound Burst spell.

Arsonist's Weapon
    Least, 2nd
    Identical to the Burning Sword spell.

Arsonist's Cloak
    Least, 2nd
    Identical to the Body of the Sun spell.

Dancing Flame
    Least, 1st
    Identical to the Animate Fire spell.

Flare
    Least, 2nd
    Identical to Raging Flame spell.

Fuel
    Least, 2nd
    Identical to Slow Burn spell.

Dazing Blast
    Least; 1st; Eldritch Essence
    This Eldritch Essence Invocation allows you to change your Eldritch Blast into a Dazing Blast. Opponents successfully struck by it must make a Willpower Save or be Dazed for 1 round (they still take damage from the Blast whether they make the Save or not).

Eldritch Grenade
    Least; 2nd; Blast Shape
    This Blast Shape Invocation changes your Eldritch Blast into an Eldritch Grenade. The range is the same, but it affects a 5' area (damaging all in that square).

Lesser

Grip of the Glabrezu
    Lesser; 4th
    You gain huge pincers replacing your hands for (3 rounds plus 1 round per point of Charisma Modifier). They do 1d8 plus Charisma Modifier in damage, and you get two attacks with them on a full attack. If you successfully hit with a pincer you may immediately make a Grapple Check as a Free Action without provoking an Attack of Opportunity.

Unholy Light of the Nalfeshnee
    Lesser; 4th
    Identical to the Rainbow Pattern spell.

Arsonist's Caress
    Lesser, 4th
    Identical to Flame Whips spell.

Burning Gate
    Lesser, 4th
    Identical to Fire Stride spell.

Demonic Blast
    Lesser; 4th; Eldritch Essence
    This Eldritch Essence Evocation allows you to turn your Eldritch Blast into a Demonic Blast, doing an extra +2d6 damage against Lawful or Good beings.

Rending Blast
    Lesser; 4th; Eldritch Blast
    This Eldritch Essence Invocation lets you change your Eldritch Blast into an Rending Blast. If you successfully hit your target with this Blast, and that target is a Construct, this blast can still threaten a critical hit against it despite Constructs being immune to Criticals. If used against an object it ignores Hardness.

Greater

Whip of the Balors
    Greater; 6th
    Identical to the Howling Chain spell.

Arms of the Marilith
    Greater; 6th
    Identical to the Energy Spheres spell, except it summons 6 energy spheres one of which does Profane damage.

Arsonist's Blessing
    Greater, 5th
    Identical to the Mass Fire Shield spell, cannot use cold version.

Arsonist's Curse
    Greater, 5th
    Identical to the Greater Fireburst spell.

Chaotic Blast
    Greater;6th;Eldritch Essence
    This Eldritch Essence Invocation allows you to turn your Eldritch Blast into a Chaotic Blast. Good or Lawful Outsiders struck by this Blast must make a Willpower Save or be sent back to their home plane (they take damage regardless if they made the Save or not).

Seeking Blast
    Greater; 6th; Blast Shape
    This Blast Shape Invocation lets you turn your Eldritch Blast into a Seeking Blast. It does damage as per you normal Eldritch Blast but ignores concealment.

Dark

Roar of Baphomet
    Dark; 9th
    Identical to Quickened Fear spell.

Gaze of Demogorgon
    Dark; 9th
    Identical to the Dominate Monster spell.

Smile of Malcanthet
    Dark; 8th
    Identical to the Greater Bestow Curse spell.

Call of Orcus
    Dark; 9th
    Identical to the Plague of Undead spell.

Flail of Yeenoghu
    Dark; 9th
    Identical to the Black Blade of Disaster spell.

Spores of Zuggtmoy
    Dark, 9th
    Identical to the Mass Drown spell.

Burn the World
    Dark, 9th
    Identical to the Transmute Rock to Lava spell.

Abyssal Blast
    Dark; 8th; Eldritch Essence
    This Eldritch Evocation lets you turn your Eldritch Blast into an Abyssal Blast. The Abyssal Blast ignores Spell Resistance and does Vile Damage as opposed to it's usual damage.

Eldritch Explosion
    Dark; 8th; Blast Shape
    This Blast Shape Invocation lets you change your Eldritch Blast into an Eldritch Explosion. When you successfully hit the target with this Ray (the target can be a square), all opponents within 15' of that square must make a Strength Check against your Caster Level Check or be pushed to the outside of the blasts area of effect, which is 20'.

Potent Eldritch Blast
    Your Eldritch Blast does a lot more damage than usual
    Prerequisites: Eldritch Blast 2d6, Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast)
    Benefits: Your Eldritch Blast uses d8 dice instead of d6 dice.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-31 at 05:46 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

Got some of the fluff and class abilities of the Flamer up. SHould give you an idea where I'm going with it.
    Orcs and Goblins

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

Got most of the class abilities up
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Ahh, a very interesting approach you have there, hmm...I'll definitely try to incorporate this into my next combat encounter

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eikonos View Post
    Ahh, a very interesting approach you have there, hmm...I'll definitely try to incorporate this into my next combat encounter
    lemme get the new Invocations up first
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

Okay this guy only gets 5 new Invocations for his PrC levels. Do you want 2 or 3 new invocations of each type to choose from?

Also, in the Fiends book it says 'some' demons are capable of mating and creating half fiends, but isn't specific. Anyone know if it's based on power level or soemthing else? I wanted to tie the Flamers Invocations into it's parentage.
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-10-21 at 05:42 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

23. - Top - End - #833
    Titan in the Playground

I have a few potential thoughts edited in as to possible Invocation names. Just need to decide what they do now.
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Although I find this class very cool and interesting, I must sadly confess that my knowledge regarding warlocks is null, as I have never used one in my game - my players said a unified "no, thank you" to both Warlock, truenaming, mysteries and incarnum. Only the binder survived the cut, and still as a PrC (with a VERY low level requirements).

Nevertheless, I will find a use for this class one way or another

25. - Top - End - #835

I've been fiddling around with Orc and Goblin attributes in my homebrewed campaign; should I share my alternative racials for orcs? (Goblins are Fey in my setting, so Orcs are the only one of the two that are still humanoids)
    Last edited by Jergmo; 2009-10-22 at 01:34 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    DM: "Sunder the wall?! WT**** kind of tactics are these!?"
    Me: The kind that armies have been using for millennia.
    DM: They didn't do it with swords!
    Me: Which makes us so much cooler.

Player: Where are the babau in relation to everyone else?
    Me: They're right behind you. Vesil is covered in Loki's blood. That is their location in relation to you.
    Player: I was just wondering about a fireball.

My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #836
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a fan of the Vril. Brave goblinoids with a sonic attack and DR of your choice.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    I've been fiddling around with Orc and Goblin attributes in my homebrewed campaign; should I share my alternative racials for orcs? (Goblins are Fey in my setting, so Orcs are the only one of the two that are still humanoids)
    Be mah guest
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #838
    Barbarian in the Playground

Love the Tannaruk Flamer (not the name so much. Perhaps Earthburner or Skyscorcher or something?).

A Hezrou inspired Nauseating Blast or a Bebilith inspired Rending Blast (that ignores hardness for destroying items) could be neat.

But my favorite would be some sort of Marilith-inspired Sixfold Blast that isn't available until the Warlock can do at least 6d6 EB damage. The sixfold blast would split into six blasts, which make a single attack roll and compare it to the AC of up to six targets within the the range and line of effect (the Warlock can turn her head as she's aquiring targets and do an Iron Man thing where she just fires off six blasts that arc in all directions, even to hit foes behind her). The blast is *not* split into six 1d6 blasts, because that would be weak. Instead she does 2d6 Eldritch Blast damage to each target, but can't hit any one target with more than two blasts.

When she gains the ability to cast a 7d6 EB, her Sixfold Blast does 2d6+1 damage for each of the six blasts. When she can perform an 8d6 EB, her Sixfold Blast does 2d6+2 for each of the six blasts. When she gains the ability to perform a 9d6 Eldritch Blast, her Sixfold Blast does 3d6 damage per blast, and when she gains the final 10d6 EB (and regardless if she somehow goes over this number), her Sixfold Blast does 3d6+1 damage per blast.
    Last edited by Set; 2009-10-23 at 06:17 AM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

Noxious Blast already causes Nausea, but I'll give the other a shot.
    Orcs and Goblins

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Changing the name to something that's more reminiscent of its demon heritage would probably be better than calling it a Flamer. Something like Tannaruk Heritor or Tannaruk Ascendant or something, since it does much more than just burn people, plus Flamer sounds kinda silly.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!