New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Bleachitp III: Son of Bleachitp

The official tag for BleachitP threads is simply [BleachitP]. Put that on any threads for this.

Questions and answers:

What is BleachitP anyway?

BleachitP is a FFRP universe which is heavily influenced (read: alternate version of the universe of) by the japanese manga/anime Bleach.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, the Town or ACRONYM?

It differs in several important ways.
    First, it is a lot more uniform that the Town and ACRONYM. BleachitP has Shinigami, Hollows (and Arrancar), Quincys (or it will), Bount and other stuff from Bleach. It does not have, say, cyborgs or sniper kittys.
    Second, the plot of BleachitP is more directed. There are the good, the bad, and the ugly, and they are mostly organised. As such, most plots and stuff will be interwoven into one big plot. Or at least that's the way it seems to be heading.
    Third, BleachitP is NOT in any way connected to the Town, at least not in the way ACRONYM is. i.e. you cannot have a character travel between the two. If you want a character in BleachitP, it is for BleachitP. You can have a version of the same character for both ACRO/Town and BleachitP, but they are different characters.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, checking that you're not trying for a position that's already taken. Then, simply post and begin!

There are rules, rught?

Yes, there are.
    Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here.
    Second, please remember that we do have a far more directed plot that ACRO or the Town. Please run any major spanners in the works past us guys on this thread first.
    Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
    Fourth, have fun!

Previous Threads:

OOC I
    OOC II

And we even have a wiki! (password for editing is 'foamy')

A NOTE: PLEASE POST ALL EPISODE THREAD LINKS IN THE MAIN OOC THREAD. THANK YOU.
    -MANAGMENT
    Last edited by Innis Cabal; 2009-06-27 at 08:33 PM.
    My Current Works

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Also I'm pretty sure you're GLaDoS now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Bleachitp III: Son of Bleachitp

Might want to add some links to that Innis.
    Thanks for the avatar, Jair Barik!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    ....you are an evil, brilliant man.

3. - Top - End - #3

Third post!
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Zaraki View Post
    Might want to add some links to that Innis.
    Bah. So I should XD Just copied and pasted from the front page >.>
    My Current Works

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Also may want to bold the questions!
    ...I swear, I'm trying to help, not nitpick.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

6. - Top - End - #6

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >.>

Multi-tasking.....everything should be good now <.<
    My Current Works

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH >.>

Multi-tasking.....everything should be good now <.<
    But... but... we need a waterslide, too! And a minibar!
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-06-23 at 05:53 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #8

And a ball pool! And a surround sound stereo system! And shag carpets! And a wall safe! And one of those sexy ladies that walk around selling cigarettes! And how am I supposed to murder anybody with a Candlestick if we don't have an Observatory?
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-06-23 at 06:04 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

<_< in the first rule there is supposed to be a link at the end.
    Half-elves are like slinkies.
    They're not really good for anything,
    but you can't help laughing when they fall down the stairs.

10. - Top - End - #10

For future reference, it's really easy to go in and hit "Quote" like you're going to reply to that post, then copy, paste, trim the 'quote' tags off, and it's a direct carbon copy, BB coding included.

You still have to do a little bit to it, like adding the link to the last OOC thread, but that takes care of most of the work for ya.
    Last edited by OverWilliam; 2009-06-23 at 06:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Here's the draft of my "Living Vizard" Character, to go along with the Masato Story Arc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Name: Tyler Nash Halstein

Physical Appearance:
    Spoiler
    Show
    6' tall, Tyler is practically a giant in Japan. His lightly tanned skin, brown hair, and blue eyes further make him stand out. When not in school uniform, he likes to dress in jeans and t-shirts. While well groomed, he has a very...relaxed...air to everything he does.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyler's an Air Force brat. He has a boundless confidence inherited from his father, as well as a stubborn tendency to stand up for what he believes is right. While he doesn't look for fights, he's not willing to back down if it comes to one, especially if it's in defense of another. He's a big fan of standing up for those who have trouble standing up for themselves. So much that in the past he was a bit overeager about it.

While he's lived most of his life in Japan, Tyler's seen enough of America and its culture to tend more towards acting American, though he's not arrogant about it. It's mostly his slang, albeit translated into Japanese. That, and his belief that "there is no kill like overkill" and such. He's a fan of local media (read:anime and manga), though not a major collector-type fan. Just enough to have DVDs.

One of his deepest fears is ever losing control and hurting someone who doesn't deserve it. After gaining his powers, and the short "out of body" experience that went with it, Tyler has had nightmares about becoming that monster again, even though he somehow doesn't feel any of the...creature...roaming around within himself. His tendency to get into fights has thus recently been subdued.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyler was born in the Midwestern United States, to two parents of similar descent. He was thus spared any of the more outrageous accents of America, instead having a
    "American Newscaster" accent, more properly known as General American. His father is an officer in the US Air Force, stationed with the Fifth Air Force in Japan. The base itself is close enough to J City to allow them to live on the outskirts.

Tyler lived in the USA until age 5, then moved to Japan 11 years ago. From then until now, they've lived in J City, with yearly visits back home to family. His mother and father are both content here in Japan, and that attitude of contentment has bled over to Tyler. While his dream is to
    eventually go back to America, maybe join the Air Force, maybe go into business, he loves his home, and the friends he's made.

Of course, it's not all sunshine and roses. One year ago, he was walking home from school, when he saw a child trip and fall into the road. An oncoming car was sure to hit the child unless he did something. So, he did something. Specifically, he lept forward and pushed the child out of the way, being struck by the car in the process.
    It broke several bones, and ruptured a lung. Tyler legally died on sight. His spirit, torn by the grief of losing his life so soon, attracted a nearby Hollow. The creature began to feed on Tyler. He managed to faintly beat it back, resulting in his spirit being wounded such that he himself became a Hollow, albeit one with a tenuous connection to his body.

However, 4 minutes later, he was successfully revived. This pulled the Hollow, still faintly attached by a thread of the old spirit chain, back into his body. There, it was purified back into Tyler Halstein. But he was changed. Unseen to the men working the ambulance, a mask formed on his face.
    His body knit the worst of his wounds together before he arrived at the hospital. By the time they did x-rays, he had only minor fractures and some moderate bruising. They chalked the flatline up to shock, and kept him for observation for a time. Tyler slept and healed, and dreamed.

He saw himself turn into the monster, then turn back
    into his old self. Then he saw the mask. At first, he panicked. But when he awoke, and could summon the mask, with no strange voices floating in his head, his fears were (mostly) calmed. He'd always been able to see faint traces of things outside the normal world of the living.

Now he clearly saw the dead, and the spirits who seemed to protect them, and usher them on to the next life. He strove to ignore them for a time. Then came the day he saw a monster try to eat the soul of a little girl. He saw red, and he suddenly had the mask on. His muscles felt stronger, his skin felt thicker, and he felt light on his feet. He sonido'ed over to the beast, striking it in the face with his enhanced strength. It managed to destroy the mask of the Hollow, sending it onward. The girl thanked him, then
    ran off. He saw a shinigami perform Soul Burial, but sonido'ed away before awkward questions could be asked.

He spent a day thinking about what to do, before remembering his father's advice. He'd always said that someone should use every means at their disposal to protect those who cannot protect themselves. That some had to be the watchdogs against the wolves in the darkness.

That day, Tyler decided he would be a watchdog, a protector. And so he began training almost daily with his mask. He'd taken some basic self defense classes, but nothing major. He had to use books and trial-and-error to teach himself how to fight. He still tends to be a brawler.

Powers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyler is what might be called a "Living Vizard". He is still living, but also possesses many of the hallmark powers of a Vizard. The only twist is, all he has is his mask. He has no sword, be it of Arrancar or Shinigami type.

When he dons his mask, Tyler gains superhuman strength, enough to easily dispatch the weakest of Hollows, and to challenge somewhat stronger Hollows. His skin gains a degree of Hierro, which actually extends to his clothes. It's enough to protect him from the worst of hits, but he's hardly invincible. He also has limited regeneration, so that the typical scuffs and bruises heal away enough that no one asks questions. He gains fairly typical Sonido;
    not enough to race the speedsters out there,but certainly enough to keep him alive and moving. He's also smart enough to use it to run away if he can't handle something.
    His eyesight also sharpens slightly, allowing him somewhat increased distance with his vision, and more importantly a passable level of nightvision.

He may have more powers, but Tyler has yet to figure them out.

"Adventuring" Outfit:
    Spoiler
    Show
    When out and about fighting the good fight, Tyler typically wears a dark grey long sleeved shirt, dark grey fatigue pants, black combat boots, and a dark grey windbreaker. He wants a trenchcoat, but they're expensive, and his clothes occasionally get messed up.

Vizard Mask:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looks like this, with the hose gone, and that bottom strip of the helmet face smoothed over. The visor is a glossy black, with a faith blue glow, while the rest is a dull white.

Reiatsu:Blue
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #12

Looks good. Seems like Masato has got a pretty good group of buddies forming, which will make storming Soul Society that much more awesome. I've been watching the second Bleach opening sequence so many times, and I'm getting excited to RP the same kind of thing here.

Of course, things with Hueco Mundo might have to go on hold a little while that happens, but...
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

I like his design, sounds good, and it'll be fun to see you play a low-power character as well.

Zarah:
    Yarr, I made that plugg because it had to be made, I called Ukitake's shikai from one panel of spoiler last week (which I designed the abillity on), it just had to be done. I called his shikai, maybe even his bankai, I'm just so bloody proud of myself in a VERY geeky way Also good to see the thread up and running, will post in it, might not be super-active for the first few days, but will still be somewhat present. EDIT: No, they wont have to, we'll just do them in another Episode thread ^^

Overwilliam:
    I will post a reply, but I'm unsure as to how much I can interact, she's quarter to three.. in the morning over here, so feel free to Godmod away and leave the trail of breadcrumbs after my post. Also, wasn't it an appropriate way of shielding she used? Punching through someone is difficult with four allready punched-through corpses taking up your entire arm

SomeonewhomIwasgonnareplyto:
    Erm... yeah, can't remember who xD
    Last edited by Neknoh; 2009-06-23 at 07:42 PM.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post
    Looks good. Seems like Masato has got a pretty good group of buddies forming, which will make storming Soul Society that much more awesome. I've been watching the second Bleach opening sequence so many times, and I'm getting excited to RP the same kind of thing here.

Of course, things with Hueco Mundo might have to go on hold a little while that happens, but...
    It will be funny to pull both a Byakuya and an Ulquiorra when Hideki goes do his stuff and use Byakurai (Intensify Onmiouji!) to blow a hole through Masato's chest.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Zarah View Post

Just let us know when you need antagonists to burst in :D
    My Current Works

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nevermind Over, good posting by you, I'll withhold from posting in the Espada thread, it's getting late, very late.
    I'll top the bill, I'll earn the kill, I have to find the will to carry on, with the show, with the show.

(thanks Prime for awesum avatar, and thank you to all of the original BleachItP cast, it was great RP'ing with you)

17. - Top - End - #17

Ran + Ed: "Boo-ya! Raid on Soul Society!"

Natsuko: *KERSMACK*

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Shadow View Post

Lets lock and load!
    My Current Works

19. - Top - End - #19

Also: Anybody who hasn't listened to the inspiration for strawberryman's Elizabeth, You really should do so. I mean Dang.

The Rose General

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

They wouldn't be so enthusiastic if they had more Genre Savvy. If the story really does follow the Bleach storyline formula then they're destined to be painfully beaten by one of the captains and thrown into a prison cell...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OverWilliam View Post
    Also: Anybody who hasn't listened to the inspiration for strawberryman's Elizabeth, You really should do so. I mean Dang.

The Rose General
    Haha, yeah. The reviewer said it was jawdroppingly good for a reason.

Also hilarious how well it fit to an Arrancar/Vizard;

"So put on my mask/I'll go where they ask"
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2009-06-23 at 07:58 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Or worse. They can interrupt Nukari's training.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    They wouldn't be so enthusiastic if they had more Genre Savvy. If the story really does follow the Bleach storyline formula then they're destined to be painfully beaten by one of the captains and thrown into a prison cell...
    Well to be fair, that's pretty much everyone except for Masato. But allow me to quote TV Tropes for the best explanation of these characters I've ever seen, specifically, for Chad:

Especially Chad, whose standard role in any given arc is wander blithely through the latest landscape, ripping everything he meets a new one, until he runs into one of the arc's designated antagonists. He'll hit them, then they'll proceed to laugh at him and leave him in a bleeding heap for the rest of the arc.
    [ There was a signature here. It's gone now. ]

24. - Top - End - #24

Wahoo. :D Looks like Kambei and Kiljaeran definitely have some similarities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

OMG! Zarah, that is indeed an awe... ful or some? trope quote you found there, and yes, I had been thinking that xD

Now, my latest post, please let it be ignored interaction-wise, but keep it in mind for character development, any and ALL characters except a very select few should be completely unaware of it, those few still shouldn't be aware about the Aiko part of it.

I just added it to prepare for something.

And to develop Aiko into even more of a tribute.

26. - Top - End - #26

Excuseme, but is Episode 8 taken? I want to use it to introduce one of my other characters. I'm not sure which yet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a...

Neutral Good Human Cleric (2nd level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 14
    Dexterity- 11
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 17
    Wisdom- 19
    Charisma- 17

Jarlaxle and Auradin avatars by Teutonic Knight

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    She turned arround and walked back inside, undressing as she went, clothes sloppily thrown on chairs and on the floor, she'd fold the Hakama in the morning. Carefully, she washed herself in some water left on a table, letting the cool fluid run down her tired face, letting it drop off of her eyebrows and chinn as she untied the braid, letting her hair fall free before she picked up a towel and wiped the last of the water from her cheeks. She slid down between her silken sheets and closed her eyes, allone in her quarters, she had been allone for such a long time, and allone enough for none to have noticed something she did when tired. Something she did on days like this.
    I couldn't find a clip for this, so excuse me for this if you don't get it:

[jonstewart]*chews on popcorn* Go on?[/jonstewart]
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Neknoh View Post
    I like his design, sounds good, and it'll be fun to see you play a low-power character as well.
    Well, lower-power at any rate. I imagine his growth to be essentially linear, rather than the exponential that we see in others.
    Again, he's got the mask, but no sword or any such thing that provides a sudden power boost. He may well get better with his mask somewhat quickly, but it will still be just the mask. The biggest thing added will be Cero and Bala. Actually, I think that's the only thing.

Lets lock and load!
    I lol'ed.

And I'll post him in the Registry, and link him in my sig.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

29. - Top - End - #29

<__< American? I'm sure Ed will love him...

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I couldn't find a clip for this, so excuse me for this if you don't get it:

[jonstewart]*chews on popcorn* Go on?[/jonstewart]
    ¤produces massive hammer from behind his back¤

Anything you imply that I am insinuating?