New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic II: Hutts don't have feet!

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    As said above, there are no same-sex romance options yet (aside from cantina RP hookups), but Kaliyo is constantly offering to let my female operative do body shots...

What do you mean, that's not what "Drinks are on me" means?
    Kaliyo is Jack without the angst.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In other news, I finally ran Kaon Under Siege for the first time. When Bioware gets around to instituting achievements, there should be one you can earn for completing the entire run of KUS without making a single Left 4 Dead joke.
    Aaaaannnnnd you just blew your achievement.....
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

3. - Top - End - #153
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    Aaaaannnnnd you just blew your achievement.....
    Yeah, it'd be almost impossible.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2012-03-02 at 11:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Alternatively, it would be trivially easy for someone who never played Left 4 Dead.

Phil the Piratical Platypus avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Alternatively, it would be trivially easy for someone who never played Left 4 Dead.

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Okay, let's make it a little harder - no one in your group can make a Left 4 Dead joke.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Alternatively, it would be trivially easy for someone who heard of Left 4 Dead.
    Fixed. Because even if you haven't played, most of those who've seen the game in action a few times will find them selves calling bloated infecteds "boomers"
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

8. - Top - End - #158
    Barbarian in the Playground

Do any of you fine, far-more informed folks know if min-maxing endeavors have reached any sort of conclusion as to which stats a tank should prioritize?

I went on a bit of a buying spree, replacing some old gear that I've had for nearly ten levels and while browsing the GTN, I was left to wonder what a Sith Juggernaut should gear for. For a while, I was exclusively seeking endurance and defense, in that order. Now though, after paying closer attention to my tree, I have to add shield rate and absorption into the fold.

So what are the stat priorities for an end-game Jugg?
    Demonlobster.com because we both know that you know that I know that you like fun!

The most intense eight seconds of your life, for real.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Fixed. Because even if you haven't played, most of those who've seen the game in action a few times will find them selves calling bloated infecteds "boomers"
    Do you often spend your time sitting around watching other people play games that you're not interested in at all? Yeah, me neither. Of course I've heard of L4D. It's a shooter, yes? I mean, sure, zombies, but - still a shooter, right? That's why if I hear "Boomer," I'm jumping to a traumatized and deeply conflicted Cylon rather than Yet Another Shooter.

10. - Top - End - #160

That's why if I hear "Boomer," I'm jumping to a traumatized and deeply conflicted Cylon rather than Yet Another Shooter.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.
    That's really a shame. Well, hopefully somebody at Bioware bothered to read it. I wonder if I should try bumping it.

12. - Top - End - #162

Do you often spend your time sitting around watching other people play games that you're not interested in at all? Yeah, me neither. Of course I've heard of L4D. It's a shooter, yes? I mean, sure, zombies, but - still a shooter, right? That's why if I hear "Boomer," I'm jumping to a traumatized and deeply conflicted Cylon rather than Yet Another Shooter.
    My first thought of 'Boomer' is a ballistic missile submarine. But I'm still aware of the term's relationship with zombies in current gamer culture because of L4D, even if I've never played the game personally.

13. - Top - End - #163

Do you often spend your time sitting around watching other people play games that you're not interested in at all?
    Well, depends on your definition of 'interest'. I, for instance, love to spectate and listen to analysis of Starcraft, but I never expect to play it in a multiplayer setting.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

I think that qualifies as "interest". If you weren't interested, would you bother to spectate and analyze?

I've heard of L4D. I'm sure that I have friends who play it. But since I'm typically not interested in FPS-style games, I don't talk to them about it. As such, I haven't been exposed to the terminology. I hear "Boomer" and, like others here, think of the BSG character. Or an SSBN. If I ever run the FP in question, my first thought when I run into said mobs will likely be "infected terrans" (from the original SC) or "sappers" (from WC2). "Boomers" will just confuse me.

In TOR news, I have now run a hard mode. BT was really easy, other than the final boss one-shotting people (was quite a change after farming social points in the normal mode). I learned a couple things, though: 1) Even when slowed, you move faster running forward/strafing than backpedaling (learned from the BH's example). 2) If you're facing her, running forward (ie, through her) will not get you quite far enough to be clear of the nova. Fortunately, she was low enough, and I'd done well enough keeping hots up on everyone, that the group was able to finish her after I got clubbed like a baby seal. But for most of the run, I felt like I was barely doing anything. Was way easier than scrambling to keep Scorpio alive while I solo yet another champion-rank mob only to have it drop +str gear (the attribute that not a single one of my companions uses).

I also finally took the plunge and bought one of the fancy level 50 vehicles (the one from the VIP vendor, since it matched my ship the best). And I picked up a hat from Nar Shadaa that looks good with the Imperial Pilot set, which will cut a couple days off my fleet commendation farming.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Halfling in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by polity4life View Post
    Do any of you fine, far-more informed folks know if min-maxing endeavors have reached any sort of conclusion as to which stats a tank should prioritize?

I went on a bit of a buying spree, replacing some old gear that I've had for nearly ten levels and while browsing the GTN, I was left to wonder what a Sith Juggernaut should gear for. For a while, I was exclusively seeking endurance and defense, in that order. Now though, after paying closer attention to my tree, I have to add shield rate and absorption into the fold.

So what are the stat priorities for an end-game Jugg?
    I have no tank experience, but: Most of the stat priorities depend on each other, so your best bet would be to find a spreadsheet where you can enter your current stats, and see what an increase to each would do. I found one for tanks, but it would be tough to answer the question without knowing your existing stats, especially because shield and absorb depend so much on each other (like crit/surge for a DPS) from my understanding.

From just playing around on the sheet: If you are just starting from 0, you want Defense, in general (as a Jugg, the other classes are different); like I said, it's hard to answer without knowing your stats and your options.
    Last edited by Salur; 2012-03-02 at 06:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Sooo...this is why I never get asked to heal my guildmates :

Spoiler
    Show

I'd appreciate some feedback on it if possible.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Sooo...this is why I never get asked to heal my guildmates :

Spoiler
    Show

I'd appreciate some feedback on it if possible.
    Inquisitors are a bit different.

*cast heal*
    BH/Trooper: Does anyone feel their soul getting corrupted?
    Warrior: Nope
    *casts HoT*
    BH/Trooper: AAAARG It's re-writing my skin aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    Warrior: I know, feels awesome right? Say where do get that energy to heal people with the dark side anyway?
    *nearby corpses start to smolder, plants wither, insects and birds scurry away*
    Me: Places.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

18. - Top - End - #168

OldWizardGuy

I know, right? Makes me wonder why Sith Sorcs get an entire healing *Tree*.

The only Lore reason I can think of is the Sith search for immortality. Which doesn't really sound conductive to healing *Others*

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post

The only Lore reason I can think of is the Sith search for immortality. Which doesn't really sound conductive to healing *Others*
    Actually, the Sith do have a strong tradition (at this point in the lore) of corruption and tinkering with what man was not to know. So It's not that unreasonable.

Plus, class balance with the Sage.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

So I finally found a bunch of cool people to do stuff with while I wait for the rest of you Playgrounders on Ebon Hawk to hit 50. I've managed to clear all of normal mode Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault. I also entirely bypassed hardmode and ended up going 4/5 Nightmare mode Eternity Vault last night, picking up Rakata Boots and Offhand, probably doing the same thing for Karagga's. I'm excited! That, and I'm about 10 Valor ranks away from Battlemaster, so that'll be fun.

I've been hearing rumors of color crystal vendors popping up in 1.1.5. Can anyone elaborate more on this?

Arc, come find me on Mumblez!111oneone!1!

21. - Top - End - #171

Well it's mostly about channeling life energy into somebody that you need to not die. Not *your* life energy mind you. There's always such a wonderful supply of the dead and dying around the Inquisitor isn't there?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

So, I got to thinking during my late Supper, and it occurs to me we're close to having a Rubaat Crystal Ops group, if we can get everyone on at the same time

Main Tank: Hessar (Squark)
    Off Tank Smash (Jokes, off tank designation due to lag from being in Australia))
    Healer 1: Muci (MCerebus, during the months he subscribes)
    Healer 2: Empty (However, The following week is Spring break, and I might be able to get my Operative close here)
    DPS 1: Salur (Salur)
    DPS 2: Gorin (Thrain15)
    DPS 3: Trin'ev? (Sperreau)
    DPS 4: (Pick Someone up)

Although I'm not sure which tree Sperreau went with Trin'ev, so we might have 3 tanks.

Also once we actually get into some sort of regularity (or at least, ability to organize Ops as events), I should have Terasa at 400 biochem, so I should be able to provide everyone participating with a prototype Hyper-Battle stim or two, which should get everyone through the raid (Since prototype stims persist on defeat)

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

Well, an appropriately Sith-like explanation I've heard thrown around a few times is, "People die if and only if I say so."

Personally, I think it would have been better to give the sorcerer healing abilities names like "Numb Pain" and "Painkilling Field" to avoid the lore issues with using the Dark Side to actually heal, but whatever.

------------------------------------------------

So I did Foundry last night, and personally I think this should have been the title for beating the last boss:

Spoiler
    Show
    "[Name], Destroyer of KoTOR Players' Hopes and Dreams"

That was definitely the coolest boss fight I've done so far, especially the lead-up to it. My thoughts: "Oh snap, he's putting the mask on. This is about to get REAL." Which it eventually did, in the form of his dropping asteroids on us.

HK-47 was, of course, about amusing as expected.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I got to thinking during my late Supper, and it occurs to me we're close to having a Rubaat Crystal Ops group, if we can get everyone on at the same time

Main Tank: Hessar (Squark)
    Off Tank Smash (Jokes, off tank designation due to lag from being in Australia))
    Healer 1: Muci (MCerebus, during the months he subscribes)
    Healer 2: Empty (However, The following week is Spring break, and I might be able to get my Operative close here)
    DPS 1: Salur (Salur)
    DPS 2: Gorin (Thrain15)
    DPS 3: Trin'ev? (Sperreau)
    DPS 4: (Pick Someone up)

Although I'm not sure which tree Sperreau went with Trin'ev, so we might have 3 tanks.

Also once we actually get into some sort of regularity (or at least, ability to organize Ops as events), I should have Terasa at 400 biochem, so I should be able to provide everyone participating with a prototype Hyper-Battle stim or two, which should get everyone through the raid (Since prototype stims persist on defeat)
    Both Ops are pretty easy on Normal mode, though I think the loot is slightly better out of Karagga's Palace. I don't know much about Rubat on the Imperial side, but on Ebon Hawk, usually Friday/Saturday there are a number of guilds looking for one or two pubbers to help with EV, so I'm sure Rubat is in a similar spot (especially given faction balance in favor of the Empire). I've managed to get in some PUG Ops on Ebon Hawk... so it shouldn't be too hard to do the reverse and find some people. If you guys are running hard modes frequently, that's a great way to meet good PvE'ers.

For EV normal, you probably only need one tank, and KP you'll probably only need two tanks for Jarg and Sorno (and maybe the trash... yes, trash > bosses in KP). Also, the current two Operations are unbelievably unfriendly towards melee DPS. It's almost entirely in favor of ranged DPS, so if you're short on that, find some Snipers or Powertechs...

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    So I did Foundry last night, and personally I think this should have been the title for beating the last boss:

Spoiler
    Show
    "[Name], Destroyer of KoTOR Players' Hopes and Dreams"

That was definitely the coolest boss fight I've done so far, especially the lead-up to it. My thoughts: "Oh snap, he's putting the mask on. This is about to get REAL." Which it eventually did, in the form of his dropping asteroids on us.

HK-47 was, of course, about amusing as expected.
    Yesterday I discovered that you have to do the normal mode of a FP before you can do the hard mode. At least, this is the case for Boarding Party and Foundry. Also, if you do BP, skip Foundry, and end up abandoning the quest because when it turns gray, you have to start over with BP before you can do Foundry. On the bright side, both FPs are easy for a 50 operative to solo, even with a dps companion (Ensign Temple) out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does my memory fail me, or did they not get the same VA to do HK-47? I was all excited when I saw him, but that was quickly tempered by disappointment when he sounded different. And I was annoyed when my companion got smashed and her corpse was nowhere so I couldn't battle ress her - made the fight stupidly long.

It was also a bit of a letdown that they came down hard on a canonical Revan. And an annoyance when he charged my companion and threw her off the platform, combined with whatever BS ability he has that never misses, stuns for ~5 seconds, and ends with a blow that, even when it misses, knocks you down (which he spams - the CD seemed to be in the neighborhood of 10-15 seconds, so nearly half the fight I was sitting there unable to do anything), made this the stupidly longest fight I've had in game so far. And I solo every champion rank mob I come across for gits and shiggles (and purples), so I've had plenty of long, hard fights.

Does anyone know for sure if Directive 7, False Emperor, and Battle of Ilum are the same? I'll assume that they are, and look for a group to hit at least one of those tonight if that's the case. If not, I won't worry about it - hard modes don't seem to actually be very hard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Yesterday I discovered that you have to do the normal mode of a FP before you can do the hard mode. At least, this is the case for Boarding Party and Foundry. Also, if you do BP, skip Foundry, and end up abandoning the quest because when it turns gray, you have to start over with BP before you can do Foundry. On the bright side, both FPs are easy for a 50 operative to solo, even with a dps companion (Ensign Temple) out.

Does anyone know for sure if Directive 7, False Emperor, and Battle of Ilum are the same? I'll assume that they are, and look for a group to hit at least one of those tonight if that's the case. If not, I won't worry about it - hard modes don't seem to actually be very hard.
    I KNOW False Emperor and Battle of Ilum have hard modes available from the get-go (In fact, you can do False Emperor before you do battle of Ilum), and the same is true of Kaon under Siege.

Directive 7 may require you to drop the [GROUP] quest, and then pick it up as a hard mode from the droid outside the instance. You can use the same trick with Boarding Party/Taral V and The Maelstrom/The Foundry if you haven't completed them before level 50. But you can (with the aforementioned trick) do it as a hard mode form the beginning.
    Last edited by Squark; 2012-03-05 at 01:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

I KNOW False Emperor and Battle of Ilum have hard modes available from the get-go (In fact, you can do False Emperor before you do battle of Ilum), and the same is true of Kaon under Siege.

Directive 7 may require you to drop the [GROUP] quest, and then pick it up as a hard mode from the droid outside the instance. You can use the same trick with Boarding Party/Taral V and The Maelstrom/The Foundry if you haven't completed them before level 50. But you can (with the aforementioned trick) do it as a hard mode form the beginning.
    This is correct. All hard modes should be available once you hit 50. Some will require that you get the story quest first (which in turn, automagically gives players the [GROUP] quest). I suspect this is where a lot of the "must complete normal before hard" confusion arises.

That being said, I would strongly suggest you save Directive 7 for last, as it's a bit buggy, and you'll need strong and attentive DPS to handle the shield robot.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

I did drop the group quest for Foundry, but I still couldn't talk to the NPC outside BP to start the hard mode, nor could anyone in my group share the quest, nor could I zone into the FP without the quest in my log. Maybe that's a bug, but it doesn't matter as both are available to me now after soloing them.

On the plus side, I really like the trenchcoat I got out of BP, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. And it will look good on Ensign Temple once I switch to my social set later this week. I bought armoring for all the pieces with daily commendations and am doing Lights Out, taking Temple's weapon, and ripping the mod and enhancement out and plugging them into the slots - once I finish outfitting myself, I'll likely do the same for my team, though I'll probably need to blow a lot of my old commendations on moddable gear (for those that I can't find dailies which give a moddable piece as one of the rewards). Or maybe I'll just wait for the patch that makes social sets take on the armor class of whoever's using them. It would be pretty cool to have my whole team match my outfit, but 2 weeks per character to farm the commendations, with no way to speed that up/brush it off on someone else/an alt...
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

So I chugged through getting my Sith Juggernaut to 50, hit the endgame and was.... meh about the whole experience. Yeah, cool, Star Wars WoW reskin. I liked the single player arc, but once I finished I was left with a profound sense of aimlessness and disappointment, mainly because I'd played a Warrior in WoW for seven years, and the playstyle is so immensely similar.

Well, this weekend I rolled an Imperial Operative and DAMN if it hasn't totally revitalized my interest in this game. Stealth gameplay, healing, rogue-like backstabs and ranged ability all in one class? Plus a new wrinkle on the energy-mechanic? Don't tell anyone, but I think this might be the best class in the game, from a novelty and fun perspective.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    So I chugged through getting my Sith Juggernaut to 50, hit the endgame and was.... meh about the whole experience. Yeah, cool, Star Wars WoW reskin. I liked the single player arc, but once I finished I was left with a profound sense of aimlessness and disappointment, mainly because I'd played a Warrior in WoW for seven years, and the playstyle is so immensely similar.

Well, this weekend I rolled an Imperial Operative and DAMN if it hasn't totally revitalized my interest in this game. Stealth gameplay, healing, rogue-like backstabs and ranged ability all in one class? Plus a new wrinkle on the energy-mechanic? Don't tell anyone, but I think this might be the best class in the game, from a novelty and fun perspective.
    Yeah I hit 50 on my Sentinel and then hit a gear ceiling within two weeks (then again I probably played way more than I should have). So, I've just stopped doing dailies and whatever, and am only raiding... err, Operating? That doesn't quite sound right.

So, I rerolled Jedi Shadow and am having a blast. PvP on Shadow is just downright overpowered. I had to work to get medals on Sentinel. I get a guaranteed seven every game...

I'm planning on rerolling a few more characters depending on how the legacy thing plays out though. It would be incredibly painful to unlock something but have to delete a character to make something with the new legacy options.