New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:FiM] Bridles Shores Library/Downtown thread.

"Ok, then... I'm running a shell game in my head. 3 shells, picturing the 3 shells. Left, right, middle. Where's the bits?"

The answer was that he had actually palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the table cloth in his head. An answer just of 'palming the coins' wouldn't work -- she had to mention the pocket, and that it was by the left leg closer to him.
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-09-29 at 04:31 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Ok, then... I'm running a shell game in my head. 3 shells, picturing the 3 shells. Left, right, middle. Where's the bits?"

The answer was that he had actually palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the table cloth in his head. An answer just of 'palming the coins' wouldn't work -- she had to mention the pocket, and that it was by the left leg closer to him.
    "You palmed the coins and had them in a pocket in the underside of the tablecloth, and it's by the left leg closer to you, and the answer wouldn't have been valid if I hadn't specified that." Smoothie tells him.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bar

Snickers shakes her head. "No, no, I'm fine. Just the spinning talking," she mutters, before staggering to her feet - and promptly slipping around a bit on the whipped cream. "Eeeep!" she cutely squeaks as she tries to maintain her balance.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, then....Changelings can't read minds, can they?"

He asked, suddenly worried.

---

"Snickers!"

Well, of course, Stallionglove tried to catch and steady her friend. Which results in more slipping about, which eventually...Resulted in the two of them in a tangled heap on the floor.

"Moving is bad," came Stallionglove's muffled voice.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, then....Changelings can't read minds, can they?"

He asked, suddenly worried.
    "No, they can't. At the very least, none that would have anything against me can, and I've never heard of a single Changeling ever having mind-reading abilities." Smoothie says.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Moving is very bad..." Snickerfilly squeaks from under the green giant.

Don't worry, she's fine. Just slightly squished.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, that's good...But we should have some way of testing if we get seperated before we talk to Spark. A call and response for each of us."

---

"Sorry. Sorry."

Stallionglove mumbles, trying to shrink back and disentangle herself at the same time. It's not going too well.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Despite being squished and tangled, Snickerfilly giggles. "Nothing to apologize for, Foxglove," she says cheerfully. "Help me up, though? I mean, you're such a big, strong stallion now. Shouldn't you be a gentlecolt and assist the dainty little mares?" the gender-bent pegasus playfully says with a coy smile.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, that's good...But we should have some way of testing if we get seperated before we talk to Spark. A call and response for each of us."
    "Alright...Think one up, and think about it, don't say it out loud. I'll confirm whether it's a good idea or not, but saying it out loud could prove disastrous..." Smoothie says.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot was still lamely passed out on the floor.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy and Co. - Soft's Bar - Is this a bad time?]

Just then, the front door rang as Sandy opened the door for his group of friends. "Soft? Are you..." He trailed off as he took in the sight: Two massive stallions that he'd never seen before, one of them sitting on what looked to be a pretty, cream-covered mare. And said cream was everywhere; the floor, all three ponies, but with the notable exception of the passed-out stallion on the floor and the other filly off in the corner. Oh, and there appeared to be jello covering the outside of the door to the kitchen.

The stallion stood there, seemingly calm, as he gazed around the room. "Y'know, I keep tellin' myself not t'be surprised, an' that I really shouldn't ask, but...yep, this has gotta be the most inexplicable I've seen this place."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Sandy and Co. - Soft's Bar - Is this a bad time?]

Just then, the front door rang as Sandy opened the door for his group of friends. "Soft? Are you..." He trailed off as he took in the sight: Two massive stallions that he'd never seen before, one of them sitting on what looked to be a pretty, cream-covered mare. And said cream was everywhere; the floor, all three ponies, but with the notable exception of the passed-out stallion on the floor and the other filly off in the corner. Oh, and there appeared to be jello covering the outside of the door to the kitchen.

The stallion stood there, seemingly calm, as he gazed around the room. "Y'know, I keep tellin' myself not t'be surprised, an' that I really shouldn't ask, but...yep, this has gotta be the most inexplicable I've seen this place."
    Silverpine was relatively unsurprised by the utter randomness of the scene that unfolded before them. He already survived much worse since coming here after all. So instead, he flicked his ears nonchalantly and let out a small cough. "Can we get a drink?"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

"...Eep."

Foxglove got up fairly quickly and looked away at the sight of two strange ponies. Well, strange as in strangers, since this scenario was the wierder one.

Once she had calmed down, she said, idly,

"...You weren't here for taco night."

---

[i]When I see you, I say 'Know a good place to set-up shop?' and you sau 'Try first street.' When you see me, you go 'Do you know a spell to make anything into gold?' and I go 'Only in my dreams, Smooth' ."

The Pyrite chuckled.

"This is some real secret-agent stuff, huh?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-01 at 09:25 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-Soft's closing Bar

"Taco Night? I missed taco night? Aw dangit, I love taco night!..."
    Gearstride then took a moment to consider her surroundings. Stuff being packed away, some chairs up on the tables..

"Yo...what's going on here? Where's Soft Serve?"
    She asked the two handsome stallions, 'dem barrels, mmmmph, and the cute filly.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-01 at 10:36 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Gearstride-Soft's closing Bar

"Taco Night? I missed taco night? Aw dangit, I love taco night!..."
    Gearstride then took a moment to consider her surroundings. Stuff being packed away, some chairs up on the tables..

"Yo...what's going on here? Where's Soft Serve?"
    She asked the two handsome stallions, 'dem barrels, mmmmph, and the cute filly.
    "Bar is closing Down, and Soft Serve is leaving, probably sometime tomorrow...She's not available right now, but I can make stuff for you." Soft says. "He" gives Snickers and Foxglove a look that says "PLEASE don't ever tell them what happened."

[i]When I see you, I say 'Know a good place to set-up shop?' and you sau 'Try first street.' When you see me, you go 'Do you know a spell to make anything into gold?' and I go 'Only in my dreams, Smooth' ."

The Pyrite chuckled.

"This is some real secret-agent stuff, huh?"
    "I suppose. I don't really know much about Secret Agent stuff."

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine was relatively unsurprised by the utter randomness of the scene that unfolded before them. He already survived much worse since coming here after all. So instead, he flicked his ears nonchalantly and let out a small cough. "Can we get a drink?"

"Sure, what do you want?"

16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Bar is closing Down, and Soft Serve is leaving, probably sometime tomorrow...She's not available right now, but I can make stuff for you." Soft says. "He" gives Snickers and Foxglove a look that says "PLEASE don't ever tell them what happened."

"Oh...that's a kinda sad...I'mma miss her, ya know, we used to date, lasted a week, but it was a fun week. Anyways oh tall, dark and largely barrel chested, me and my coltfriend here, want some reality breakers, I'll go for a Soft Serve. He'll tell you what he wants,"
    She gestured at Silverpine even if this "unknown" stallion had just addressed him.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Oh...that's a kinda sad...I'mma miss her, ya know, we used to date, lasted a week, but it was a fun week. Anyways oh tall, dark and largely barrel chested, me and my coltfriend here, want some reality breakers, I'll go for a Soft Serve. He'll tell you what he wants,"
    She gestured at Silverpine even if this "unknown" stallion had just addressed him.
    "Oh... uh... that was quite unexpected," Silverpine said slowly, blinking as he tried to process the whole situation. At least they could still get their drinks. "Um, a Soft Serve for me as well then." He waved at the unknowns. (I'm not sure how many.) "Oh, by the way, name's Silverpine. I don't believe we have met."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

"...Eep."

Foxglove got up fairly quickly and looked away at the sight of two strange ponies. Well, strange as in strangers, since this scenario was the wierder one.

Once she had calmed down, she said, idly,

"...You weren't here for taco night."
    "...Soft has a taco night?" Sandy asked confusedly. "First time I've heard of it."

Now that actually was surprising. Sandy's ears drooped down at the news. "Really?! Well....well shoot, that stinks." Where was he going to get his mid-day root beers now? I mean, he could always go to the store or something, but it just wouldn't taste quite as good. Don't know what you've got 'till it's about to close up shop. "If she's got any more root beer on tap, I'll take a glass of that," he told the stallion. Something didn't seem quite right, the fact that this stallion was somehow getting his friends Soft Serves, but he was too distracted by goofiness and the sadness of Soft's departure to think more of it.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-01 at 06:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickerfilly staggers to her hooves, studying the new arrivals. Her ears fell back as she noticed how disappointed they all seemed to be about "not seeing" Soft.

Snickers leans over and whispers to Foxglove. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna try to fix this."

She then saunters over to genderbent Soft Serve, a coy smirk on her lips. "I hate to interrupt," she purrs, "But can I see you in the kitchen for a moment? I need your... assistance... with a certain dish."

Yes, this probably looks very sketchy, but that's kind of the point. She can't exactly come out and say "Hey I need your help performing a ritual to contact the Baked Old Ones and rend reality for the purposes of making an anti-gender bending pie."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove nodded a hello to Gearstride, who she at least recognized.

"Hi, Gearstride."

Foxglove totally missed the part where Soft wanted the gender-bending thing a secret.

She did, however, let Snickers enact his plan to sneak Soft back for dark baking reasons.
    "I'll just...Stay here...Then?"

She looked dubious about this.

----

"Alright. Let's go talk to Spark...Oh, if he asks...You brought it up, I'm just an innocent bystander"

Pyrite added that last part in a rush. He didn't want Spark to hate him.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Oh... uh... that was quite unexpected," Silverpine said slowly, blinking as he tried to process the whole situation. At least they could still get their drinks. "Um, a Soft Serve for me as well then." He waved at the unknowns. (I'm not sure how many.) "Oh, by the way, name's Silverpine. I don't believe we have met."
    "Ah. I'm...."

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Snickerfilly staggers to her hooves, studying the new arrivals. Her ears fell back as she noticed how disappointed they all seemed to be about "not seeing" Soft.

Snickers leans over and whispers to Foxglove. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna try to fix this."

She then saunters over to genderbent Soft Serve, a coy smirk on her lips. "I hate to interrupt," she purrs, "But can I see you in the kitchen for a moment? I need your... assistance... with a certain dish."

Yes, this probably looks very sketchy, but that's kind of the point. She can't exactly come out and say "Hey I need your help performing a ritual to contact the Baked Old Ones and rend reality for the purposes of making an anti-gender bending pie."
    "...I gotta go." Soft was dragged into the back with Snickers.

"Alright. Let's go talk to Spark...Oh, if he asks...You brought it up, I'm just an innocent bystander"

Pyrite added that last part in a rush. He didn't want Spark to hate him.
    Smoothie tilted her head at this. "...Why?" she asked, wondering why.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Soft's Bar - Gettin' Real Tired of the Shenanigans]

Sandy was left stunned, his cheeks growing bright red. "Did...did they just...are they....eep!" The poor stallion shook his head, trying to dislodge the images that came to mind. Thanks to Gearstride and Silverpine, said images were plentiful. He really needed to find some ponies who weren't running wild with hormones, his poor head couldn't take much more of the shamelessness. "Nghh, you'd think Soft would at least get somepony t'watch th' bar who ain't so...easily distracted. *shudder*"

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

As soon as they're in the kitchen, Snickers slams the door shut and locks it. (Poor Sandy.)

She then looks over to Soft Serve, and sighs sadly. "First of all, I am genuinely sorry. I didn't realize I would mess up your chance to see your friends before you had to go. I am an idiot, and a bad friend. And I apologize..." she says remorsefully.

She then trots over to the oven. "Also, what do you know about the Baked Old Ones? Specifically Cookiethulhu?" she asks with casual aloofness, as if discussing the weather, and not something that would get most ponies stuck in a mental institution. "Because we may have another option to fixing this."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

At this, Silvermane was crestfallen. "So, it's true," she said quietly.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

As soon as they're in the kitchen, Snickers slams the door shut and locks it. (Poor Sandy.)

She then looks over to Soft Serve, and sighs sadly. "First of all, I am genuinely sorry. I didn't realize I would mess up your chance to see your friends before you had to go. I am an idiot, and a bad friend. And I apologize..." she says remorsefully.

She then trots over to the oven. "Also, what do you know about the Baked Old Ones? Specifically Cookiethulhu?" she asks with casual aloofness, as if discussing the weather, and not something that would get most ponies stuck in a mental institution. "Because we may have another option to fixing this."
    "Um...Pretty much nothing." Soft says truthfully.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    At this, Silvermane was crestfallen. "So, it's true," she said quietly.
    Foxglove walked over and snuggled Silvermane.

"She said she'd visit, and we'd visit...And I thought maybe the carrier pigeons could send letters and maybe picnic on the moon... Or something."

This was her best method of consolation. It was, in her own heart, rather weak.

"...It's like being opened up, and suddenly everything inside feels small."
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-10-01 at 09:03 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers opens the oven, and peeks her head inside. She then looks back over her shoulder at Soft Serve, her expression neutral. "I wasn't joking earlier about knowing forbidden baking lore and all that jazz," she explains. "Cookiethulhu isn't so bad, though he still should not be idly trifled with. And he does not give out favors freely. One a related note, may I please borrow your oven to make a call?" she deadpans.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Gearstride-Soft's Closing Bar

Even this mare was a little confused by what just occurred, but it didn't last long as she watched that handsome big barrel chested stallion go off with that cute mare with that nice flank she wouldn't mind ogling. Actually, she kinda did go and ogle as that mare walked into the backroom and shut, locked the door. How scandalous! She grinned.

Anyways, she then turned to Sandy. "Well, there's that long maned pretty boy with the minty green coat, maybe he's on the job? I dunno....eh." She casually shrugged.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-01 at 09:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Snickers opens the oven, and peeks her head inside. She then looks back over her shoulder at Soft Serve, her expression neutral. "I wasn't joking earlier about knowing forbidden baking lore and all that jazz," she explains. "Cookiethulhu isn't so bad, though he still should not be idly trifled with. And he does not give out favors freely. One a related note, may I please borrow your oven to make a call?" she deadpans.
    "Yes, you can if it'll get me back to normal for tonight." Soft says, kinda desperate now.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"You'll be back to normal in less than 10 minutes. In the mean time..." Snickerfilly points at a pile of pies on the counter. Most of them look pristine, though one looks like it randomly exploded all over the counter-top (and Snickers).

"Feel free to go crazy on your friends with those while I prepare the ritual," she says, trotting over to the fridge. "It will take a moment for me to gather the ingredients. Sugar, spice, milk, butter, a failed baking product..." she mutters.