New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony LVI:S Has Left the Playground!

New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems that the clones only had basic personality without specific memories. That was probably their way of avoiding ethical issues of coming up, since they were basically fun-loving imitations of the real pinkie.

The fact that Twilight's anti clone spell works on real ponies has unfortunate implications of other potential uses.

Orange animals are best animals

Shame Twilight got rid of that Pinkie clone before Lyra learned the hand trick.

Why is there a secret compartment for that book? Perhaps there are worse legends in there and the book was being hidden from the wrong eyes?

Also Mr. Bear is back! and apparently enjoys tea parties
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Titan in the Playground

S3E3 - First thoughts (on the full episode)
    This was a fun episode, I quite enjoyed it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a little concerned that apparently Pinkie's antics are now real phenomena that the other ponies acknowledge as real, as opposed to comedy effects that only we see, or things that are only in the minds of other ponies. Unless only the clones, being magical creations, can actually do some of these things? I never liked the idea that Pinkie actually does break the fourth wall and defies the pony laws of physics/magic, I always prefered to think she's just a silly pony but still a perfectly ordinary pony with no strange abilities (aside from her Pinkie Sense, which my headcanon says is just Pinkie being secretly a super genius able to correlate the tiniest of clues and hints subconsciously in order to make predictions), and that all her fourth-wall-breaking and stuff is only on screen, only for us, and not how the other ponies actually see it.

That this episode seems to suggest it's real bothers me, but at this point I'm thinking there's the show and then there's what Equestria and the ponies ought to be like in a more realistic/serious setting as opposed to in a cartoon where "for comedy" is what rules.

Anyway, that's the only thing I have to complain about, and it doesn't have much to do with the episode itself, so onwards ...

Pinkie watching paint dry? Wasn't there a silly fic about that? Congrats to whoever wrote it

Sweet Celestia, pony fingers ... Lyra's going to go crazy! And apparently ponies are now made of some kind of rubber or ... bubblegum? Bubblegum and ground coffee?

So apparently turning an apple into an orange is way harder than turning anything else into an orange, or turning an apple into a chariot and mice into horses. Tells us something about how magic works in Equestria, perhaps?

Why is that book hidden in a secret compartment? That was kinda random. What else do you suppose is hidden around the library, by who and for what reason?

What is Fancy Pants doing in Ponyville, I wonder? Visiting Rarity, hmm?

That pink-maned oldish stallion outside the library kinda looks like a relative of Pinkie's, doesn't he?

So the woodland creatures do have homes ... is that Harry the Bear's home, possibly?

You know, Pinkie getting blown up and returned to the pond was pretty grotesque, actually. So Twilight can do that to anypony, if she could do it to the real Pinkie? That's ... scary. Unless one has to have been cloned first and only as many ponies as left the pond can return to it?

I bet there will be a hundred fics about how it wasn't the real Pinkie who won. Pretty safe bet, I bet.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ettin in the Playground

More New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *So, the library has hidden containers containing untold knowledge? Let's just hope none of them contain the Neighonomicon....
    *Fancy Pants, what are you doing in Ponyville?
    *So, how long until somebody writes an alternate universe fan fic featuring the names for Applejack and Fluttershy the Pinkie clones said?

EDIT: Final thoughts!
    Spoiler
    Show
    It was good, even though my younger sisters now find Twilight somewhat frightening. Also, why didn't Twilight simply ask the clones about something like the Canterlot Wedding Debacle or Crystal Empire? Pinkie only gave the clones some basic info on Ponyville and it's inhabitants, so they couldn't know anything about that. Also, are the two other members of the Apple family we saw new background ponies, or have we already seen them?
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-11-17 at 11:05 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Episode

Spoiler
    Show
    I think in the context of the world, this episode has Pinkie physics make a lot more sense. Clearly Pinkie and her family have a strong affinity for crazy illogical magic and cursed artifacts.

Also, does anyone have the .gif of the infinite Pinkie parade?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

1st thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    you gotta admire the lengths she'll go to for fun

Butterfly Massage?

it is NOT healthy being a small critter near Twilight...

quiet fun..that was awesome...aaaaand just broke Dash's brain

O DEAR GAWD! someone cast Pink Creeping DSoom

... /nemo seagull voice Mine! Mine! Mine!

how convenient finding that secret compartment now..couldn't it be seen any of the 20x previously that every book was knocked off the shelves?

LOVE THE TEST!

HANDS!! but Lyra wasn't there 8(

they found a use for Tom! so much for the theory Twilight cut his heart out 8)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

6. - Top - End - #1176

S3:

Spoiler
    Show
    I have to say, I love this episode. Not only does it highlight all of the antics of Pinkie Pie at her finest, but it's one where Pinkie Pie actually learns something.

Throughout the series, Pinkie has been more of a narrative force than an actual character for me. This is due to a simple fact; she's almost never wrong. To me, a character needs to have flaws, to make mistakes, to grow. The only time we've ever seen Pinkie be flat out wrong is Party of One and now, this episode.

(For example: Feeling Pinkie Keen. Twilight tries to find out how Pinkie works. Eventually winds up admitting defeat, saying that she doesn't know. Pinkie victory.

Swarm of the Century: Everyone ignores Pinkie while she runs around collecting instruments. Pinkie saves the day.

A Friend In Deed: one of the few Pinkie-centric episodes, and she still doesn't really learn much. In the end, she was right all along.)

More first impressions:
    Hey, Pinkie, you want to make clones of yourself? There can be nothing wrong with this plan. *nods sagely*

Not only does Pinkie Pie break the fourth wall, she is now acknowledged to break the laws of physics on a casual basis.

Now they're cloning themselves. Hooboy.

Apparently, the laws of physics don't apply to barns, either.

...There is a secret panel in the library bookshelf.

I predict a flurry of Batmare fics after this. And bad fics where they zapped the wrong Pinkie.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

Overall episode thoughts
    Spoiler
    Show
    A pretty good episode overall. The premise and lesson were solid and we see that Pinkie has more depth to her than her silliness. There were also some hints of party of one here as Pinkie didn't go crazy this time but did get really depressed when she realized that she had done something to make her friends unhappy.

Hidden library compartment seems like it will spawn many fanfiction ideas.

I would have liked to see some more differentiation amongst the clones. They were more of a single Pinkie whirlwind phenomena, but they could have all had different toys or musical instruments in a scene, for example. I think something like that would have been a good scene, this one was more like a generic plague of locusts that happened to look like Pinkie.

When it comes to boring, Twilight Sparkle is truly the best there is.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Too Many Pinkie Pies". Sometimes just one is more than enough...

Spoiler
    Show
    ... ...

Why not, Spike?

Singing Telegram Redux?

Butterfly massage? I wonder how that feels...

... I don't think that's how it works.

No. Just no.

No pressure!

Twenty minutes. Right.

What are you looking disgruntled about, Spike? What do you have to do?

So which is the original? Or is that the wrong sort of question?

The fun has been doubled!?

Quick, fandom! Which Daring Do is that?

Did she just ask who Applejack was? Does that mean this is mirrorworld thing going on?

Oh, come on, haven't you seen it in her songs before?

Probably.

Eeeeesh.

Mirrors can't count?

Why was it in the secret panel?

Spike, don't tempt fate like that.

Pop quiz!

Are you going to sing the Failure Song too, now?

3... 2... 1...

Huh, they're doing better than I thought.

!!!!!!!!

Or are you? Dang, beat me to it.

Cloud ride works better for the ones that can stay on clouds.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems that the clones only had basic personality without specific memories. That was probably their way of avoiding ethical issues of coming up, since they were basically fun-loving imitations of the real pinkie.

The fact that Twilight's anti clone spell works on real ponies has unfortunate implications of other potential uses.

Orange animals are best animals

Shame Twilight got rid of that Pinkie clone before Lyra learned the hand trick.

Why is there a secret compartment for that book? Perhaps there are worse legends in there and the book was being hidden from the wrong eyes?

Also Mr. Bear is back! and apparently enjoys tea parties
    Spoiler
    Show
    the spell probably only works on those effected by the mirror pool.
    i seriously doubt she could just banish anypony

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    More New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    *So, the library has hidden containers containing untold knowledge? Let's just hope none of them contain the Neighonomicon....
    *Fancy Pants, what are you doing in Ponyville?
    *So, how long until somebody writes an alternate universe fan fic featuring the names for Applejack and Fluttershy the Pinkie clones said?

Spoiler
    Show
    It was good, even though my younger sisters now find Twilight somewhat frightening. Also, why didn't Twilight simply ask the clones about something like the Canterlot Wedding Debacle or Crystal Empire? Pinkie only gave the clones some basic info on Ponyville and it's inhabitants, so they couldn't know anything about that. Also, are the two other members of the Apple family we saw new background ponies, or have we already seen them?
    Spoiler
    Show
    twilight didn't know how much the pinkies knew. given that the clones knew who she was and acted almost exactly like pinkie...
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, are the two other members of the Apple family we saw new background ponies, or have we already seen them?
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've seen them before, mostly in the background.

Speaking of which...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I paused during the scene at Twilight's house. I didn't see any duplicated background ponies! They're getting much better at that.

Also Derpy was there, but you could only see the back of her head.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

11. - Top - End - #1181

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've seen them before, mostly in the background.

Speaking of which...
    Spoiler
    Show
    I paused during the scene at Twilight's house. I didn't see any duplicated background ponies! They're getting much better at that.

Also Derpy was there, but you could only see the back of her head.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There were two Doctor Hooves and two Caramels. Might have been more, but those two stood out.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-17 at 11:12 AM.
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    There were two Doctor Hooves and two Caramels. Might have been more, but those two stood out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just checked again, and you're right, though those two disappear after Twilight enters and leaves the treehouse.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1183

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    the spell probably only works on those effected by the mirror pool.
    i seriously doubt she could just banish anypony
    ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait wait, does that mean that Twilight has the power to banish Pinkie into a crazy mirror dimension at any point?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

New episode was written by Dave Polsky, who also wrote Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel. Just a tiny factoid for your random enjoyment.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Spamalot in the Playground

Second best thing about new episode: less Gak commercials.

Here, have some anthro ponies at a bake off.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I want that condiment shooting Pinkie is sporting.
    Really cute art style! Does the artist Siden have a DA? Anyone?

Episode 3.3 Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Twi has to find the orange'd animals first before reversing the spell.

If the mirror only creates shallow reflections of yourself, I wonder what it would do with some of the other ponies... on second thought, yeah, rock the entrance. Never speak of it again. Fanfics will ensue anyway.
    But oh my did I ever laugh when the test turned out to be "Watching Paint Dry". I laughed so hard at that. This was a good episode.

A secret compartment in the library that has the legendary book needed... hold up, exactly who lived-in/built this library in the first place?

Its obvious why Fancy Pants is in Ponyville. Getting in early on the next up-coming fashion trend from the up-coming gotta-have-it fashion designer Rarity.
    Oh yeah Fancy Pants, that's the perfect cover story to go see your pretty princess...

More New Episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Also, are the two other members of the Apple family we saw new background ponies, or have we already seen them?
    Answering a question:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the green-haired one is Apple Fritter. She was named in the pilot episode at the family gathering.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-11-17 at 11:27 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait wait, does that mean that Twilight has the power to banish Pinkie into a crazy mirror dimension at any point?
    Episode 3.3 Assumption
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to assume that once you're down to one person, the pool's spell ends and you cannot banish the last one. Sorta a "conservation of matter" principal. But hey, if you want Twi to retain that kind of dark power...
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

17. - Top - End - #1187

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Episode 3.3 Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Twi has to find the orange'd animals first before reversing the spell.

If the mirror only creates shallow reflections of yourself, I wonder what it would do with some of the other ponies... on second thought, yeah, rock the entrance. Never speak of it again. Fanfics will ensue anyway.
    But oh my did I ever laugh when the test turned out to be "Watching Paint Dry". I laughed so hard at that. This was a good episode.

A secret compartment in the library that help the legend book needed... exactly who lived-in/built this library?
    Batmare, obviously.

Spoiler
    Show
    It maybe somewhat evil of me, but I think there might be potential for mirror abuse, and not just the shenanigans way.

For example, grab a fairly innocent pony, perhaps Applebloom, and load her up with two saddlebags full of bits. Send her through the mirror ad nauseum. Collect the bits. Zap away the extra Appleblooms; you could set up a password to reveal the true one, like "Zecora." Crash the economy with your mountain of bits.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-17 at 11:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Okay, I want that condiment shooting Pinkie is sporting.
    Really cute art style! Does the artist Siden have a DA? Anyone?
    I think he just shares a tumblr with Atryl (atryl.tumblr.com).

Edit:

Comic on the new episode:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Beacon of Chaos; 2012-11-17 at 11:36 AM.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1189

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    New episode was written by Dave Polsky, who also wrote Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel. Just a tiny factoid for your random enjoyment.
    Given the heavy-handedness of Pinkie Keen and the iffy premise of Over a Barrel, this is certainly a step-up for Dave Polsky.

Though that's just my humble opinion.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Batmare, obviously.

Spoiler
    Show
    It maybe somewhat evil of me, but I think there might be potential for mirror abuse, and not just the shenanigans way.

For example, grab a fairly innocent pony, perhaps Applebloom, and load her up with two saddlebags full of bits. Send her through the mirror ad nauseum. Collect the bits. Zap away the extra Appleblooms; you could set up a password to reveal the true one, like "Zecora." Crash the economy with your mountain of bits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't know if the pool duplicates inanimate objects though. Or it might be that only what is reflected is duplicated, so the saddlebags would duplicate, but since the bits inside aren't visible in the reflection they wouldn't be copied.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    We don't know if the pool duplicates inanimate objects though. Or it might be that only what is reflected is duplicated, so the saddlebags would duplicate, but since the bits inside aren't visible in the reflection they wouldn't be copied.
    I suppose there's only one way to find out, isn't there? Shame we never will, and that the speculation will continue ad nauseum.

Did I say shame? I meant BEST SPECULATION EVER!

22. - Top - End - #1192

Also one thing we saw this episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Winona had her one appearance this season, now she'll disappear completely and be forgotten.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ettin in the Playground

New episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Liked it in general. I rate this far better than the season opener, at least narratively. The plot is cohesive, and wrapped in a neat package. A number of extremely convenient contrivances, certainly, (Pinkie's prescient knowledge about the pool and Spike finding the book) but almost forgiveable in the sense that the show seems to be poking fun at itself about those.

Things that stood out:
    Orange-d animals are apparently still sentient.
    The cloned Pinkie(s) clearly only inherited half of her intellect and apparently none of her memories.
    Pinkie continues to sneer at the laws of physics.
    This is the first time the Everfree has been revisited for quite some time now.
    I find amusing/ironic that the real Pinkie was the one who acted most un-Pinkie-like during the mass Pinkie scene.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    Given the heavy-handedness of Pinkie Keen and the iffy premise of Over a Barrel, this is certainly a step-up for Dave Polsky.

Though that's just my humble opinion.
    Never had any major problem with Over a Barrel myself, but otherwise I agree. Of course, any writer can have an unlucky episode or two. Good to see Polsky write an episode that hopefully won't get as heavily criticized. I always feel sorry for the writers whose first few episodes are ill received. That's why I was so happy that Dragon Quest was as good as it was, otherwise I'd have felt terrible for Merriwether Williams.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

When I see the new episode about Pinkie Pie,
    Spoiler
    Show
    It showed the positive side of having a flaw as a balance and deconstructing flanderization. If it wasn't for Pinkie Pie's "other" side, she would be sent to the pond accidentally.
    P.S- Thumbs up if you are smiling to see G3 Pinkie Pie getting zapped.

Do you wonder if Over a Barrel is a deconstruction of "Kiddie premise of singing a song to teach a lesson"?
    Last edited by t209; 2012-11-17 at 12:15 PM.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks to that typo, I misread that as "What happens to her after we get back to the harem however..."

Conjures up some unusual imagery there.
    *sigh*

Of course typos only ever happen the one time I don't check, as I've been advising Celestia on world domination, er friednshipification.

More on that later. First, new pony!

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Barbarian in the Playground

I thought of something at the end of today's episode.

Spoiler
    Show
    Twilight has learned a spell that just sends ponies into the lake.

What evils could be wrought should this spell land in the wrong hooves?

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Titan in the Playground

Future Episode speculation based on Today's Episode
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who wants to bet that Twilight loses to Trixie because she didn't get her chance to practice turning apples into oranges, and that's a silly little stage trick that Trixie just happens to actually know well?

29. - Top - End - #1199

How long until someone ponifies "The Sorcerer's Apprentice"?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1200

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Also one thing we saw this episode:

Spoiler
    Show
    Winona had her one appearance this season, now she'll disappear completely and be forgotten.
    response (future eps related)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank god we know that there will be a CMC and pony pet episode thanks to spoiler images.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku