1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default [Nexus] LORD MAGTOK'S BOOT CAMP FOR WANNABE SUPERVILLAINS

"Hello cadets, and welcome to-

LORD MAGTOK'S GUT-WRENCHING,
    MIND-NUMBING, KIDNEY-PUNCHING,
    STEEL-TOED BOOT CAMP
    FOR WANNABE SUPERVILLAINS!

Recently established just south of the Weald on the most unbearably dry and unforgiving open plains we could find, this hellish torture chamber has been systematically designed for one purpose and one purpose only: to torture the everliving crap out of stupid, delusional, and/or masochistic imbeciles under the flimsy pretense of an education!

In between grueling, potentially mutilating obstacle courses from hell, and preposterous quantities of bizarrely-worded verbal abuse, our cadets will be shoved into stuffy classrooms and drilled extensively on the many aspects of supervillainy. Minion Management, Nefarious Speech-Crafting, Lair Design, and more will be covered, both in the classroom and out! Magbots will be utilized as training dummies on multiple occasions, as will virtual combat scenarios with the help of state-of-the-art MagCorp technology!

With hard work, dedication, the proper villainous 'my way or I hit you with a truck' attitude, and maybe a little blackmail photos of Drill Sergeant Magtok in a compromising position with an assistant educator or two, you might just graduate some day, and become an even brighter evil superstar than Magtok himself!

Maybe.

Possibly.

If you're lucky.

...Yeah, sure. A hopeless little protoplasmic fart like you isn't going home until you quit, run out of money, or get all the blood punched right out of your head.

Space is limited and going fast, so apply now! Head down to your nearest Nexus OOC thread recruitment center and tell us that YOU have what it takes to be the Nexus's next greatest supervillain! Positions are also available for assistant educators in a variety of fields, so come on down and we'll see if we can find a use for that hideously disgusting chimpanzee-face of yours! ALL OUTTA ROOM SORRY
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2012-03-07 at 09:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] LORD MAGTOK'S BOOT CAMP FOR WANNABE SUPERVILLAINS

The first student arrives. Willow Warwick drives up in a brand new SUV her dad bought her for college. She might not be recognized as she approaches the registration office, since she's wearing reverse Clark Kent glasses - designer frames that she only wears when in her Supervillainess persona.

She walks into the office with all the self-assurance of a teenage girl who has been pretty and popular all her life, and has an unhealthy dose of megalomania on top of it. Has Magtok met his match in the ego department? Dun Dun DUN!

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #3

Another student arrives!
    Spoiler
    Show

He will sit down wherever viable, laying his rifle on his lap.
    By the symbols on his arm, he's just a Private.
    One that's all grimy and covered in dirt at that. It's like he just waded through mud.
    Ew.
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-03-04 at 06:02 PM.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

"Hey everybody!"

A greeting said to no one in general! Devi, one of Magtok's annoying Magterns, skips into the boot camp with a silly grin on her face. She's wearing her usual shorts, tank top, sandals, and sunglasses, along with her golden teleport bracelets adorned with gratuitous tech. Strangely enough, her long straight hair is now entirely purple instead of the usual black. Huh.

The techno-mage skips into the registration office with her infuriatingly cheerful beaming smile. Another strange thing of note is that she didn't get a ride like Willow; she skipped all the way to the boot camp in the middle of nowhere from Inside. And she doesn't look tired at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #5

An elf in a very very fancy looking green suit walks into the registration office. "Greetings." he says, in one of those stereotypical snobbish sounding voices you can expect from an elf. "I've heard rumors from my colleagues that one of the most notorious of the villainous personages in the Nexus is taking recruits to teach his craft, and decided I simply must take part in such an event. Where does one sign the concordat?"
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

6. - Top - End - #6

Registration Office

((He looks like a sergeant to me. ))

A bored-looking Magbot sorts out the crowd, offering paperwork to everyone who comes in, asking for very basic details. Quite strangely, while billing information and home address and all sorts of the usual stuff is on the forms, names are entirely optional, and there's space for aliases directly underneath it.

It's not like anyone here cares who you think you are, anyway.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

7. - Top - End - #7

The elf will fill out the paperwork, complete with overdramatic pen flourishes. He leaves the 'Name' section blank, but under 'aliases' he includes: Ashradosvoriss, others on request.

Yes, he is using that color of ink.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

[Registration Office]

Devi greets the Magbot cheerfully, and takes the form. She mulls over it for a moment before filling it out. For her home and billing address, she writes down an apartment number of some complex in Inside. Whether she actually lives there or not, I don't know. Her private life is a mystery. She writes down "Devi" as her name, figuring Magtok knows who she is anyway, and then puts "Cold (needs work)" as an alias after some deliberation.

Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #9

Regristration Office
    ((>.< never was good with ranks))
    As the man fills out his form it seems his name is Sergeant Alan Miller.
    And. He apparently lives on 134 Nostalgia Lane.
    And his alias is Sergeant Alan Miller.
    And his emergency contact?
    It's Private First Class Roger Williams.
    Once he's done he goes to give it back to the Magbot, saluting once he does.
    "I'm here to be the best of the best of the best, sir!"
    Last edited by Mindfreak; 2012-03-04 at 08:35 PM.
    Busy with Life

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Magtok has dealt with aliens before, but he may not have dealt with one quite like this before.

A low whistle fills the air, as a drop pod descends down from above. The sleek tech of its exterior begins to glow in mid-air, bright blue lights pulsing on as the round pod door spins open! Who would open a drop pod before the crash?

Suddenly, out leaps a strange alien woman. Of what can be seen of her physiology behind her bubble-helmet, her orange-skinned head appears to have what almost looks like fins growing out from just behind her cheeks. Her sleek black flight-suit shines in the light as her fingers catch the rapidly descending pod's open door, allowing her to swing herself up onto its top. With another pulse of light, this time from one of her gloves, a glowing chain not unlike a hook-shot latches her by the wrist to the top of the increasingly rattly drop-pod. In that split second before the explosion, one can clearly see a toothy grin plastered across the alien's face.

Only two words will find enter the minds of any onlookers as the newcomer steps out from the wreckage and the cloud of smoke. Only two words as she moves towards the registration office. "Show off".

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Registration Office

Name:
    Alias: Salixtra
    Billing Address: I'll be paying cash.
    Home Address: Do you really want to tell my dad I'm not going to Omniharvard? I don't think so.
    Emergency Contact: *sigh* Fiiiiiiine! I'll put it in a sealed envelope, for emergency use only. If you open it under any other circumstances, I will recompile your brain. Do you understand, Tinbucket?
    Comments: This better not be a waste of my time. Though by the look of the other students here, I'm growing pessimistic.

Willow Salixtra hands in the form, and looks over her fellow students disdainfully. Dirty. Elfy. Skanky. Show-off. Not very promising so far.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-04 at 08:25 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

[Registration Office]

The alien, sauntering into the office, casually takes a sheet. The forms are mostly filled out with all the important stuff, but the area for a name and/or alias just reads "STARFISH★". That's quite clearly not a name, right? Oh well, it's unlikely anyone really cares about anyone else's name, no matter how large they write it.

Luckily, despite her status as an alien, Starfish's billing address seems to be somewhere actually on this planet.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Right, ok I’m done with is stupid form, when can we do stuff already?” The voice belongs to a woman that was leaning against, what was until recently, an empty corner of the room, it would be remembered that she was never handed a form to fill out. The woman is fairly good looking and clothed in a designer outfit, ((she may or may not be ruffed up depending on what just happened a few posts from now)).

On the from, Name and Alias are blank, billing information is that of a bank account that has not been set up yet, and under home address is a set of coordinates that would lead to what isn’t even an empty lot yet on the outskirts of Inside.

Outside one might start to hear the sounds of dirt bikes and metal scraping together, the newly present woman would smile at Willow Salixtra, she might even blow a kiss her way.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

A rattle of wheels can be heard on the way up as a pale elf arrives on a skateboard. Phity-Plat looks over the others at the place and kicks up his board when he gets to the desk. His body is extremely toned and slim, well muscled with little fat, allowing him to pull off his look. He's dressed in a white A-Shirt, ragged bluejeans, red Converse All-Stars, and a red ballcap that rests backwards on his head. He carries only two other objects with him. A small pack at his side and a banjo across his back. True to what he said in BDD, he was learning how to play it.

As the skateboard flips into the air, he catches it, flips off his hat with his other hand and stores the transportation in the dimensional storage hidden there. After setting his hat back on, he fills out the form.

Name: Reginald Parish
    Alias: Phity-Plat
    Billing Address: Wrigley Fields
    Home Address: None
    Emergency Contact: <Long Number> (Cousin)
    Skills: Rap-Battle and Dance Fighting
    He turns in the form before taking another look around. Even dressed as he was, the place was just too warm for his liking. He sets his banjo aside before pulling off his A-Shirt and storing it in his pouch. Even though it wasn't exactly hidden before, his body is just about only described as "gorgeous", even with the intricate tattooing that covers his chest and back.

"So...how is this gonna work?"
    He asks out loud.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Registration Office

Salixtra gives the woman in designer clothes a look that is half 'How dare you try to out-shine me?' and half 'Finally! Someone with taste!' when the woman blows a kiss. Willow Salixtra sneers. "Sorry, sug, but I don't swing that way."

And then Phity-Plat saunters in and peels off his shirt.... daaamn! Salixtra can't stop herself from staring. Sure, she has a boyfriend, but she isn't blind.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Registration Office

The woman pouts, only slightly in mockery "That's too bad." she totally ogles Phity-Plat alongside Salixtra, though.

Outside

Three women (same woman that is inside at this moment) having finished driving donuts around the, what used to be a brand new, SUV with their dirt bikes, get ready to break into it (probably likely the alarm would go off soon).
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-03-04 at 10:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    He turns in the form before taking another look around. Even dressed as he was, the place was just too warm for his liking. He sets his banjo aside before pulling off his A-Shirt and storing it in his pouch. Even though it wasn't exactly hidden before, his body is just about only described as "gorgeous", even with the intricate tattooing that covers his chest and back.

"So...how is this gonna work?"
    He asks out loud.
    Registration Office

The bored-looking Magbot sighs. It doesn't even pretend to care about Starfish Alien Lady's entrance, as nice as it might have been. Magtok probably saw it, but who even knows where that stupid cyborg is right now? I haven't seen him anywhere.

"It's very simple, sir. Mr. Magtok provides room, board, and lessons, and you provide money. When you run out of money, patience, or blood, you get sent home. On the off-chance you graduate, we disavow any knowledge of you and your whereabouts, and theoretically, you go on to accomplish things."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #18

Outside

Wha-FWASH

A flying saucer roughly the size of a go-kart pops out of warpspeed. It lowers slowly to the ground and the glass dome recedes revealing a chimp wearing a garish silver helmet with a blue bulb on top and a pair of stylish black sunglasses. Hopping out, it seems he's also wearing a pait of black pants and a necktie. In his hand is an uzi that's probably a bit to big for him. With his free hand he reaches into his pants and pulls out his keys. With a click of a button, his flying saucer floats several feet into the air does the traditional Bweep-Bweep and with a VWOAM activates it's cloak. Satisfied the chimp enters the

Registry Office

The chimp will fill out the necessary forms as needed.

Name: Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrier Jet
    Alias: Doc or Doctor along with any of the names from the previous section.
    Billing Adress: <A bank account that belongs to somebody named Lord Specter and a HA-HA! written next to it.>
    Emergency Contact Information: <A phone number.>
    Along with it a business card will be attached by paper clip.

Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet

I know where you live.
    After that he'll walk up to the as of yet unnamed woman and hand her a business card that reads:
    Dr. Titanium Hollywood Harrierjet

What's cookin' good lookin'?
    Last edited by OrchestraHc; 2012-03-05 at 04:33 PM.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Registration Office

"Thanks." He tells the Magbot before taking a glance at all the girls in the place. His gaze doesn't linger over the alien very long, but he gives the two in designer outfits quite a long look each(Devi too), liking what he saw. He turns around for a moment and pulls a platinum bar from his hat to drop on the desk in front of the MagBot. "That'll cover me."

With that, he turns back around again, but sees one of the hotties being hit on by a chimp. Not wanting to ruin the chimp's chances(after all, if one has the gall to attempt to hit on someone like that, then who was he to say he didn't have a shot?), he heads over to Salixtra with a smirk. He'll set a hand on the wall above her and look into her eyes, practically oozing the powers of Bad Boy Hawtness. "So...what's a beauty like you callin' yourself? Gorgeous?"

Of course he had to start off with a cheesy pick-up line, but at least it breaks the ice. And if he could get her to laugh, all the better.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

[Just Outside...]

From the distance, the sound of a motor echoes out. However, along side it is a rather odd sound, a sound unlike all of the other motors that happen to be running right at this moment. It's almost the sound of...tires?

Should the women who happen to be exact copies of the woman inside somehow hear this strange noise, in a couple of seconds the next thing they would end up seeing is what looks like a humanoid figure that appears to have just been launched into the air, and a motorcycle going way too fast and heading in their general direction...
    ----

[Meanwhile, Inside the Registration Room...]

The next thing that the people inside the room would probably hear is what sounds like a motorcycle that is being way too speedy for its own good, followed by the most ungodly metallic scraping shearing noise many of them have ever heard. For some reason, after what one can swear was a cross between a shotgun blast filled with junk from a scrap heap aimed at the walls, someone bending steel around something, and a sawblade trying to cut through solid iron and winning somehow, one can probably hear an entirely different sound. All this happens within the span of a moment.

Various other impacts can be heard, each one sounding something akin to a race car peeling out if that car's tires were tiny and made of plastic instead of rubber. Finally, the sound of desperately grinding to a halt is heard fast approaching the doors into the registration room, eventually leading to the form of a humanoid being practically sliding across the sidewalk appearing behind the glass. The humanoid suddenly shifts around slightly, and all of a sudden he is spinning upright, spinning slower and slower, before he finally stops, facing towards the door.

The figure then dramatically swings open the door(s), just at the exact moment as something explodes. Most like the something that had to do with the ungodly metallic noise earlier. The explosion somehow causes the figure's face to darken, lighting up the almost garish lightning purple, oval (vaguely bug eye, really)-shaped goggles in the process. A hubcap from some vehicle rolls on past behind him.

Then, the figure turns behind him in surprise, and utters words that almost everyone will regret hearing for the rest of their lives, all with an almost child-like glee.

"HOLY CRAP! I CAN'T BELIEVE I LANDED THAT! BEST STUNT I EVER DID, WOO!" He fist-pumps at this point.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Registration Office

"Out of your league, but you get points for style,"
    Salixtra smirks, oozing the powers of Rich Girl Hawtness right back at him.

Right about now...

Woop! Woop! Woop! Woop!

"That better NOT be someone breaking into my Land Rover."

And then...

CRASH!!!!

"That better NOT be someone wrecking my Land Rover."
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-03-04 at 11:07 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

With a shriek of burning rubber and protesting machinery, a sleek mint green jalopy comes racing across the scorched stretch of wide-open wasteland that surrounds the camp, the exposed engine roaring and snarling as the hot desert air whips by at ninety miles an hour and the furiously spinning wheels kick up billowing drifts of dust.

Whatever madman occupies the tricked out, skull-decal adorned hotrod's driver seat has quite apparently never even heard of any speed between max and zero, refusing to slow down even as they botch the turn causing the car to go bouncing, spinning, skidding out of control... and slam right into the the registration building.

Luckily for everyone involved, said car also happens to be mouse sized, meaning that the building probably won't suffer too much damage.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-03-04 at 11:11 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[Registration Office]

The alien, going by the moniker of Starfish, it would seem, waits for the next step in this whole 'bootcamp' thing to present itself. Walking over to some chairs, she flops down into one with her hands folded behind her helmet as she just eyes up the other applicants.

Of course, she's obviously the best, but it's important that other people know that.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    -snip-
    The woman, who may more then likely never say her own name, but others may end up calling Berserker, smiles and hands the Doc a slightly crumpled business card he may notice as one of his own:
    /r. Titan/um Hollyw/od Harrierjet

Causa/ty officiall/ owes me on/
    "You may want to try and stop that fight." she says motioning toward the, as of that moment, unoccupied door space.
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Just Outside...]
    Having turned in time to see what was coming all three women would vanish right before impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Meanwhile, Inside the Registration Room...]
    One of the women will reappear after the explosion and charge at the one with Bug eye goggles brandishing a large scrap of pointed metal. "You idiot!"
    Last edited by usourselves&we; 2012-03-05 at 02:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Registration Office

Plat tilts his head to the side as he listens to the sounds of the wrecks. "Ya don' want ta look outside then." He warns her before smiling. "Of course, if that wuz your car, then I'm sure I could teach ya how ta skate to get around."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

[Registration Office]

Those inside should hear the flapping of great leathery wings, before a solid thump resounds outside. this is followed by, stepping through the door, a young man with green hair comes in. He seems to be in his early twenties or so, all that hair slicked back. He's quite handsome, as well, and has a wide grin on his face. As for clothing, he wears a brown quilted jacket over a white tee-shirt, and a pair of stylish leather pants. His body isn't quite sculpted to the level Phity-Plat's is, but he's got a decent build. Not that anybody will notice as he's being outshone though, on top of the fact that he has no intention of taking off his top.

He'll move immediately up to take a form and fill it out:
    Name: Auzgaraunx
    Alias: Ozzy is fine
    Billing Address: Hard payment, of course
    Home Address: It's a cave, dude. you won't be getting an address for that.
    Emergency Contact: Skeeter of the Molk tribe. Call his name three times and he'll hear.
    Skills: I'm a dragon, dude. Guess.
    After handing the form to a Magbot, Ozzy says, "Yo people, how's it going?" Still with that massive grin on his face.
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-03-05 at 12:44 AM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Registration Office

Salixtra takes out her smartphone and starts scrolling through her contacts. "Oh that won't be necessary. Whoever is responsible will be replacing my Land Rover, and the contents, which include some very expensive laboratory equipment." She finds the number she's looking for and dials. "Partnership Collective?... Yes, I have a case for property damages, and I need to put a lien on the tuition payments of the students involved to ensure payment of the resulting settlement... Yes, there should be sufficient funds available. Can you send someone right away?"

In the next few minutes, Lord Magtok's Boot Camp may find their bank accounts frozen in such a way that prevents them from moving any of the tuition money they may have already received.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

[Registration Office]

Devi, with her usual cheerful absentmindedness, ignores the growing number of wannabe supervillains coming into the room. Instead, she's has a hand cupped around an ear and has been listening to all of the commotion outside. She gives a dreamy sigh once the wreckage is complete.

"Ah. Lovely."

... She seems to be referring to the explosions.

Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #29

Registration Office
    Sergeant Alan Miller became reserved now that he was signed up, laying his rifle in his lap, waiting for orders.
    The mud on his uniform began to stink with the oder of trenches and the dead, of blood and mold, and of a time before ours.
    So he basically smelt horrible.
    Busy with Life

30. - Top - End - #30

[registration office]

Naturally, 'Ashradosvoriss' tries to keep himself and his very very fancy looking suit away from the stinking sergent. As the other students file in (and begin to flirt) he mutters something that starts with "Typical Nexusian..." before trailing off. "Yes, yes, crashes and explosions are all very well, but I would think that sort of petty vandalism would be beneath the sort of person they're looking for here" he eventually adds, his voice making it clear that he considers several things "petty" and "beneath him".