New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Experimental PrC Ideas

So now we can really trick out Dreamtouched feats.

This is something I wanted. Yes.

Also, for the Surger... Oversurge says that a 2nd level Surger can use it. I think that's a typo. (I do like the class.)
    Quote Originally Posted by segtrfyhtfgj View Post
    door is a fake exterior wall
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amechra View Post
    So now we can really trick out Dreamtouched feats.

This is something I wanted. Yes.

Also, for the Surger... Oversurge says that a 2nd level Surger can use it. I think that's a typo. (I do like the class.)
    Yep. You can go Monk Trance with it. Pair it with Dreamer and you've got something nice

Glad you like it.

Yea, typo. Fixed it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwind1kaze View Post
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

The Hub, for PTA & PTU community building. If you're interested, take a look.

3. - Top - End - #33

Well, it's been a while, but I finally got one of the more useless Incarnum Feats to be useful, I hope everyone likes this thing.

Meet the Unyielding Soul, master of the Azure Toughness feat and Temporary Hit Points in general. Now, this thing's fluff, which isn't present in the class itself, is essentially about taking whatever gives them temporary hit points and infusing it into their body. This naturally lends to their use of incarnum, specifically the Azure Toughness feat, to form a sort of barrier over their body that protects and enhances them. It also allows for a bit of quasi-healing with the second level ability. That said, this is probably one of the better PrCs for combat, even if you don't have a more reliable method of gaining temp hp (such as Hidden Talent for the Vigor power) because of the defensive options it gives and the added exp. It also provides a total of 6 essentia over three levels thanks to it gaining bonus incarnum feats (albeit weak ones) every level.

Spoiler: Unyielding Soul
    Show
    Unyielding Soul

Entry Requirements
    Base Fortitude Save:
    +2
    Skills: Any Skill 6 Ranks
    Feats: Azure Toughness, Incarnum-Fortified Body

Hit Die: d8

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Essentia
    1st +0 +2 +2 +0 Vigor, Resilience 1
    2nd +1 +3 +3 +0 Vitality 2
    3rd +2 +3 +3 +1 Hardened 3
    Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (The Planes), Listen, Profession, Ride, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble. 2 + Int Modifier Skill Points

Wpn/Arm Prof: an unyielding soul gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Vigor (Ex): The unyielding soul may spend five minutes to regain the temporary hit points granted by the Azure Toughness feat.

Resilience (Ex): At each level, the unyielding soul gains one of Cerulean Fortitude, Cerulean Reflexes, or Cerulean Will. If the unyielding soul already possesses these feats and cannot select another, they may select any other feat they qualify for instead.

Additionally, while the unyielding soul possesses temporary hit points, they are treated as having a number of points of essentia invested in Cerulean Fortitude, Cerulean Reflexes, and Cerulean Will equal to half the essentia invested in the Azure Toughness feat, rounded down. This stacks on top of any essentia invested into these feats.

Vitality (Ex): While an unyielding soul of at least 2nd level possesses temporary hit points, they gain a bonus on Str, Dex, and Con checks and with all skill checks made with the following skills; Balance, Climb, Concentration, Jump, Ride, Swim, and Tumble equal to the essentia they have invested in the Azure Toughness feat.

Additionally, the unyielding soul may choose to, as a move action, gain fast healing 1 as long as they possess temporary hit points. At the end of a round in which they benefited from this fast healing, they lose one temporary hit point and take one point of nonlethal damage*. The fast healing granted by this ability does not heal nonlethal damage, instead only healing lethal damage. The unyielding soul may end this effect as a move action.

Hardened (Ex): While an unyielding soul of at least 3rd level possesses temporary hit points, they gain a bonus to their natural armor equal to the essentia they have invested in the Azure Toughness feat.

Additionally, as long as they possess temporary hit points, the unyielding soul gains Damage Reduction equal to half the essentia they have invested in the Azure Toughness feat, rounded down. This damage reduction is not overcome by anything (DR/-).

*Vitality's secondary effect essentially heals one hit point at the cost of one damage to your temp hp and one point of nonlethal damage. It is technically a net loss (2 damage for one point of healing), but allows the unyielding soul to heal over the course of hours rather than days without magical aid.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2015-10-05 at 02:22 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    You didn't poke fate with a stick. You set fate on fire, then whacked it with a 2x4 several times.
    good thing they did body attribute instead of Physical attribute, otherwise the stats would look like:

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Vitality doesn't define how big the bonus it grants is.

EDIT: Also, Vitality gives you something like [E]/2 hp per minute, if you average it out. This is assuming that you're just using Azure Toughness and that you are spamming Vitality.
    Last edited by Amechra; 2015-10-05 at 03:38 AM.
    If you see me try to discuss the nitty-gritty of D&D 5e, kindly point me to my signature and remind me that I shouldn't. Please and thank you!

5. - Top - End - #35

Vitality doesn't define how big the bonus it grants is.

EDIT: Also, Vitality gives you something like [E]/2 hp per minute, if you average it out. This is assuming that you're just using Azure Toughness and that you are spamming Vitality.
    Fixed

Technically they heal one hit point then take one point of damage (which affects temporary hit points first) and one point of nonlethal damage. So they technically lose health. The main purpose of this is natural healing, Nonlethal damage heals every hour compared to lethal damage which heals every 8 hours of rest. By using vitality's active effect, you're recovering in a different way, speeding your healing by burning through your hp buffer.

It's meant to be slow, out of combat healing. It's not for in combat healing and wasn't designed for it.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

If I remember correctly, healing affects your nonlethal and lethal HP simultaneously. If I'm not wrong, it would look like:

Turn 1: Take a Move action, heal 1hp, lose 1 thp, take 1 nonlethal.
    Turn n+1: Take a Move action, heal 1hp and remove 1 nonlethal, lose 1 thp, take 1 nonlethal.

And so on. I might be misremembering, though.

7. - Top - End - #37

If I remember correctly, healing affects your nonlethal and lethal HP simultaneously. If I'm not wrong, it would look like:

Turn 1: Take a Move action, heal 1hp, lose 1 thp, take 1 nonlethal.
    Turn n+1: Take a Move action, heal 1hp and remove 1 nonlethal, lose 1 thp, take 1 nonlethal.

And so on. I might be misremembering, though.
    Hm, I missed that Fast Healing specifically heals Nonlethal Damage first. I'll make a note to modify that.

Also, they only need to spend a move action to activate or deactivate it. They don't need to spend a move action every round.

EDIT: Technically in the healing section for Nonlethal damage it specifically calls out magical healing, so unless an item says otherwise, it will heal one or the other (or in combination), not both equally. Fast healing specifically says it heals nonlethal damage first, so I just modified the ability to make it not heal nonlethal damage.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2015-10-05 at 02:29 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

Okay, this is the gateway to starting the campaign that uses these PrCs. It is already in the OP.

This thing takes notes from the Meditant from the Mind's Eye Article, but leads into it more than being a revamp. It's meant to be the opposite of the Surger, focused mental energies stored in the mind to release for one of 7 mini-powers (Psychic Meditation's Energy Centers). Of course, it can take a full 10 hours of meditation to get you to full capacity unlike the Surger which only needs a few rounds.

Next step is Feats to enhance and modify these classes to a degree.

Spoiler: Cenobite
    Show
    Cenobite

Entry Requirements
    Skills:
    Concentration 6 Ranks
    Feats: Psychic Meditation, Deep Psychic Meditation

Hit Die: d4

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Manifesting
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Charged Meditation ---
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Deep Psychic Meditation +1 Manifester Level
    3rd +2 +1 +1 +3 Focused Meditation +1 Manifester Level
    4th +3 +1 +1 +4 Deep Psychic Meditation +1 Manifester Level
    5th +3 +1 +1 +4 Focused Discharge +1 Manifester Level
    Class Skills: Autohypnosis, Concentration, Diplomacy, Knowledge (All; Each Skill Taken Separately), Profession, Psicraft, Sense Motive. 2 + Int Modifier Skill Points

Wpn/Arm Prof: A cenobite gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Manifesting: At every level except first, the cenobite increases their manifester level by one. The cenobite does not gain new powers known, increase their maximum power level, or power points gained (except for those gained from a high ability score). If the cenobite does not possess a manifester level prior to taking levels in this class, they gain a manifester level equal to their class level (gaining PP for a high Wis score).

Charged Meditation (Su): Starting at first level, the cenobite may meditate for one hour to gain a Psychic Charge. They may have a number of Psychic Charges equal to twice their class level at any one time. Psychic Charges persist until spent. At any time, the cenobite may spend a Psychic Charge as a Standard Action to activate an awakened energy center. An energy center activated in this way only lasts for one minute per class level, rather than one hour. The cenobite may still activate their energy center normally without impeding their ability to activate it with their Psychic Charges.

As these are quick surges, activating an energy center in this way does not increase the cost of activating the energy centers normally.

Deep Psychic Meditation: At 2nd and 4th level, the cenobite gains Deep Psionic Meditation as a bonus feat. If the cenobite already has three instances of Deep Psychic Meditation, they may instead choose another psionic feat as a bonus feat.

Focused Meditation (Ex): At 3rd level, when the cenobite attempts to gain psionic focus, they may spend a Psychic Charge to automatically gain their psionic focus. The cenobite may expend their psionic focus when activating an energy center to immediately activate a second energy center.

Additionally, the cenobite does not provoke attacks of opportunity when activating an energy center.

Focused Discharge (Ex): Starting at 5th level, when the cenobite spends a Psychic Charge to activate a psychic energy center, they may spend an additional Psychic Charge to increase the duration of the activation to ten minutes rather than 1 or spend two Psychic Charges to increase the duration to 1 hour.

I may make an alternate that uses Mantra Feats in the near future.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Wait, why doesn't the Cenobite advance manifesting normally? That's... kinda weird, and easy to miss if you just look at the table.

10. - Top - End - #40

Wait, why doesn't the Cenobite advance manifesting normally? That's... kinda weird, and easy to miss if you just look at the table.
    None of these classes do, actually.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

I can kinda see why you're doing so... it's just weird.

It's kinda like the Warhulk - it completely nukes any sort of thing based on BAB, while keeping your attack bonus high.

12. - Top - End - #42

I can kinda see why you're doing so... it's just weird.

It's kinda like the Warhulk - it completely nukes any sort of thing based on BAB, while keeping your attack bonus high.
    They're not exactly meant for dedicated manifesters, TBH. The big deal with them is that they can be used by anyone with a bit of psionic or incarnum potential (or just some decent skill). A full manifester wouldn't lose much manifesting even with taking one of these classes, although, a few of them could progress actual manifesting, I don't think it's entirely necessary here.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by EdroGrimshell View Post
    They're not exactly meant for dedicated manifesters, TBH. The big deal with them is that they can be used by anyone with a bit of psionic or incarnum potential (or just some decent skill). A full manifester wouldn't lose much manifesting even with taking one of these classes, although, a few of them could progress actual manifesting, I don't think it's entirely necessary here.
    Okay, thought on this, came up with a simple ACF.

Spoiler
    Show
    Practiced Manifesting
    Level:
    1st
    Prerequisite: Psicraft 6, Must possess levels in an existing manifesting class
    Replaces: Increased Manifester Level & Power Points
    Benefit: The class gains increased manifesting ability.

Powers Known: At each level the character would have gained an increase in manifester level, they instead gain additional power points per day and access to new powers as if they had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class they belonged to before adding the prestige class. The character does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that they add their class level to the level of whatever manifesting class they had, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly.

If the character had more than one manifesting class before they gained the prestige class, they must decide to which class they add the new level of the class to for the purpose of determining power points per day, powers known, and manifester level.

Quick, easy, let's you progress manifesting in full rather than only the manifester level if you have manifesting already, but adds an extra prerequisite in doing so. Might be a little powerful for some of the classes here, but it's still useful.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2015-12-08 at 08:51 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45

I have come up with a pair of new classes that I will be posting as soon as they are finished.

Idea behind it is that of someone who shows faith through self-flagellation (of various kinds) and gain strength from it. The more they damage themselves, the greater the benefits. This extends to mental exhaustion through dream quests, fasting, and other such conditions. It is not always physically damaging the self.

Second idea is for an individual that, the closer to death they are, the stronger they become. Losing hit points is a big thing for them, it strengthens their will to survive, and through it their defenses and offenses (but mostly defenses).

Combine these with acolyte and unyielding soul for an interesting priest concept.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

I can't help but think of using some of these classes (specifically Echoed Mind, Surger, and Infusionist) in conjunction with Legacy Warrior or Uncanny Trickster. It's a pretty fantastic thought. Like with a build as simple as Psychic Warrior 6/Echoed Mind 3/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion 8 you can have up to 13 stacks of Psionic Focus going on. Not sure what you'd do with all that, unless there's a way of converting speed to damage.

More interestingly, a Warforged X 6/Surger 3/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion 8 can hold a Surge Count of 34, and can recharge it all in a little more than three minutes. Granted, the build loses 4 Manifester levels (maybe more), but that Will save is fantastic and you can Oversurge for a +34 manifester level boost, and 34 additional PP spent on the power. You're also immune to fatigue and exhaustion, so no penalties for holding a large Surge Count or exhaustion effect after an Oversurge (you still can't recharge your Surge Count until you rest an hour). Of course, there's a drawback to all this. You gain no new powers after level six. Ultimately it's not worth it for that reason, unless you really like 35d6 Crystal Shards 1/hour.
    Last edited by earzo7; 2015-12-24 at 03:02 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Quote Originally Posted by earzo7 View Post
    I can't help but think of using some of these classes (specifically Echoed Mind, Surger, and Infusionist) in conjunction with Legacy Warrior or Uncanny Trickster. It's a pretty fantastic thought. Like with a build as simple as Psychic Warrior 6/Echoed Mind 3/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion 8 you can have up to 13 stacks of Psionic Focus going on. Not sure what you'd do with all that, unless there's a way of converting speed to damage.

More interestingly, a Warforged X 6/Surger 3/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion 8 can hold a Surge Count of 34, and can recharge it all in a little more than three minutes. Granted, the build loses 4 Manifester levels (maybe more), but that Will save is fantastic and you can Oversurge for a +34 manifester level boost, and 34 additional PP spent on the power. You're also immune to fatigue and exhaustion, so no penalties for holding a large Surge Count or exhaustion effect after an Oversurge (you still can't recharge your Surge Count until you rest an hour). Of course, there's a drawback to all this. You gain no new powers after level six. Ultimately it's not worth it for that reason, unless you really like 35d6 Crystal Shards 1/hour.
    Um, how are you getting those numbers? I'm pretty sure that advancing class abilities doesn't let you go beyond their maximum level so Legacy Champion wouldn't work that way for getting the advanced Surge Count or Echoed Foci.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

It does technically extend stuff past their max class level - it just doesn't give you any new class features.

But, honestly, stuff getting broken by Uncanny Trickster and Legacy Champion is... nothing surprising? Or new?

It's like saying your stuff is broken in combination with Item Familiars or charge cheese - yes, that does mean that it is broken, but that ship already sailed years ago.

19. - Top - End - #49

And the Stigmatist is posted and ready to go.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Umm... where is it?

21. - Top - End - #51

Umm... where is it?
    OP is full, had to move it and two other classes down to post 3.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Good to know.

Is there no cap on the maximum number of Blessings other than your HP? So a 5th level Stigmatist could have, say, 14 Blessings if they were willing to take 165 damage?

(Granted, that's a magnificent way to do a bloodmage.)

To be entirely fair, I was hoping to see something involving the Stigmata feat. You know, given the name. (BoED 46: take Con damage to heal people and give them new saves vs. disease. If you take 2∂ Con damage, you get ∂ uses of a touch attack that heals [∂ * recipient's HD] and grants them a second save vs. disease. You can't heal the Con damage for an hour.)

23. - Top - End - #53

Good to know.

Is there no cap on the maximum number of Blessings other than your HP? So a 5th level Stigmatist could have, say, 14 Blessings if they were willing to take 165 damage?

(Granted, that's a magnificent way to do a bloodmage.)

To be entirely fair, I was hoping to see something involving the Stigmata feat. You know, given the name. (BoED 46: take Con damage to heal people and give them new saves vs. disease. If you take 2∂ Con damage, you get ∂ uses of a touch attack that heals [∂ * recipient's HD] and grants them a second save vs. disease. You can't heal the Con damage for an hour.)
    Nope, no cap, just your HP as a limit.

Glad you think so, took some real number crunching to get this thing down properly.

Unfortunately not. These are meant for simple access, meaning Exalted and Vile feats aren't going to be a part of it. Incarnum and Psionics are easy to be born with, being exalted or vile, not so much. I was looking for a better name, but that was the only one that really... stuck in any way at all.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

Well, I made this class a long time ago, but it was overpowered, so I treated it like one of my experimental PrCs and I think that this might actually be a workable version. Isn't part of the main sets because it's quite a bit more powerful, but it's still something I wanted to get out there.

Spoiler: Mawren
    Show
    Mawren

Entry Requirements
    Skills:
    Autohypnosis 10 ranks, Concentration 10 ranks, Psicraft 10 ranks
    Feats: Psionic Body, Psionic Talent
    Manifesting: Ability to manifest Power Leech or to use Power Leech as a Psi-Like Ability.

Hit Dice: d6

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special Manifesting
    1st +0 +0 +0 +2 Form Devourer ---
    2nd +1 +0 +0 +3 Assault Psyche +1 Manifesting Class Level
    3rd +1 +1 +1 +3 Consume +1 Manifesting Class Level
    Class Skills: Autohypnosis, Concentration, Craft, Heal, Knowledge (all skills, taken individually), Profession, and Psicraft. 2 + Int mod skill points.

Wpn/Arm Prof: A mawren gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Manifesting: At every level except 1st level, a mawren gains additional power points per day and access to new powers as if he had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained (bonus feats, metapsionic or item creation feats, and so on). This essentially means that he adds the level of mawren to the level of whatever manifesting class the character has, then determines power points per day, powers known, and manifester level accordingly. If a character had more than one manifesting class before he became a metamind, he must decide to which class he adds the new level of metamind for the purpose of determining power points per day, powers known, and manifester level.

Form Devourer (Su): The main ability of the mawren is to form an ectoplasmic creature referred to as a devourer, little more than an ephemeral sphere with a mouth of sharp teeth tethered to the mawren by a mental link. The mawren can spend one power point as a standard action to create a devourer. The mawren can have a number of devourers at one time equal to his class level. A devourer may be used to make a bite attack that deals 1d8 + the mawren's primary manifesting ability score against any one target within 15ft. As a standard action, the mawren can make one attack with each of their devourers using 3/4 their manifester level as their base attack bonus with their devourer. The mawren need not target the same creature with their devourer's bite attacks.

A devourer is treated as a tiny object with a hardness of 6 + 3 x the mawren's class level and hit points equal to the mawren's manifester level and may be sundered as if it were an item. Even if a devourer is destroyed, the mawren can simply create another one.

A devourer counts as a natural weapon.

A devourer that enters a null psionic field is not dismissed, but cannot be formed anew.

Assault Psyche (Su): Whenever a mawren's devourer successfully hits an intelligent creature (Int 3 or higher), the mawren may choose to forgo dealing damage and force the creature struck to make a Will save (DC 10 + half the Mawren's manifester level + the mawren's primary manifesting ability mod). On a failed save a psionic creature with power points loses 1d6 power points. A psionic creature with psi-like abilities randomly loses one use of a psi-like ability it possesses or loses access to an at-will psi-like ability for five rounds, the psi-like ability lost is chosen at random. A non-psionic creature or psionic creature with no power points left is instead fatigued for one round and takes a stacking -1 penalty to their Intelligence score for 10 minutes as their mind is assaulted, a creature already fatigued by this ability cannot be affected by this ability again until they are no longer fatigued. The Int penalty stacks to a maximum of -5 and will not provide additional power points once the penalty reaches -5.

Consumption (Su): Starting at 3rd level, whenever a mawren's devourer successfully uses the Assault Psyche ability, the mawren gains one power point as if via the Power Leech power. Additionally, devourer's created by the mawren gain the Attach ability. Each round the devourer remains attached, the target must save against the Assault Psyche ability. If the target fails a save, it fails all subsequent saves.
    Last edited by EdroGrimshell; 2016-02-07 at 08:59 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55

And another new one added to Post 3: The Undying!

As the name suggests, this guy is hard to kill. But it's not because of healing or anything of the sort, it's simply that the more damage the user takes, the stronger they get.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

So... the Undying have an error in their table (they should have a class feature at 5th level), and have a formatting error with Open The Black Gates.

Otherwise... hilarious. A great early level PrC.

27. - Top - End - #57

So... the Undying have an error in their table (they should have a class feature at 5th level), and have a formatting error with Open The Black Gates.

Otherwise... hilarious. A great early level PrC.
    It's a very High Risk, High Reward class. In lower level games this is more useful because you're more likely to get to low HP, but that bonus can be a great boon even at later levels. It also synergizes quite well with some of my other Experimental PrCs, specifically Bane-Blooded, Stigmatist, and Unyielding Soul.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

One quick question: Is Walk Into Oblivion supposed to give you Hardness 16~20? Because if so... dayum.

Also, the rapid jump from SR 14~18 to SR 22~30 at 5th level is kinda... jarring.

29. - Top - End - #59

One quick question: Is Walk Into Oblivion supposed to give you Hardness 16~20? Because if so... dayum.

Also, the rapid jump from SR 14~18 to SR 22~30 at 5th level is kinda... jarring.
    Oh, that's a typo from an older version.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

P. hysical
    M. ind
    S. pirit

XD

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking back at the Adept, I've always been a bit off-put by the number of Charges they get through True Devotion. It just... feels excessive to me. I generally dislike having large new pools to manage, however.

So my personal replacement would be:

True Devotion (Su): At 3rd level, an Adept may use one of their Devotion feats each encounter without spending a daily use. This counts towards the number of times per encounter they may use True Believer without spending a daily use, and cannot be used if they have spent their daily use of the True Believer feat.

-----------------------

Dire Form (Skills) just feels hella weird, since you need to be at least 8th level to get it and it entirely lacks scaling unless you bring cheese into the equation. I'm not sure what I'd want to see replace it...

-----------------------

As a side note, I'd love to see a mini-PrC focused around the Focused Dreamer, Personality Purge, On Fire, or Chaotic Mind/Closed Mind/Force of Will/Hostile Mind/Psionic Hole* feats. Or one based off of Blessings of the Godless or Fell Conspiracy.

*Wow, WotC really did write a lot of anti-Psionic feats. Force of Will + Hostile Mind + Psionic Hole is nasty against any Psionic character that actually needs to target you.