New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Zim
    Whatever the old man said, he ignores it. The feeble human could never comprehend the superiority of Irken capabilities to his own crude failingness! He will have no trouble at all! "I am a fully trained Invader and Infiltrator! And when I find them, I will ram my ovipositor down their throat and lay my eggs in their chest. My human eggs! Because I'm not an alien!" He needs the information the old man had! How can he possibly take over as Lord and Master of the Earth if he was unable to locate the area where the rulers congregate?

The fact that he's willing to act so recklessly on such questionable information should tell you all you need to know about his next action.

Souske
    He ignores her, dragging her a little to the left so that a ball hits her in the face instead of him, then with a slightly awkward movement kicks it without losing his position, sending it rocketing like a bullet to impact sharply against Gary's face with a slightly sickening crunch that sends him sprawling. Another ball hits him in the chest to make sure he stays down. Gary is on his team, but that doesn't matter to him. Dissension in the ranks will not be tolerated in any regard. Hence summary, applied discipline, make an example, then resume dealing with the enemy. Souske is reacting as he was trained to react under pressure, and is turning the game into a war. One of the first things he learned was to show no mercy to enemy combatants. Souske has a lot of confirmed kills, and the sort of instincts that are horrendously out of place in a civilian environment.

His own team is giving him as wide a berth as possible after noting how he dealt with Gary, but it doesn't matter. At the rate he's going he'll have taken the entire other team out of commission in no time at all.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2011-12-02 at 02:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He makes one final, doomed attempt to save this lesson from complete disaster. Failure was a resigned conclusion, he absolutely expected, nay, anticipated it to achieve nothing at all, that it was the height of optimism to expect anything at all here, but he had to try.
    "Well, I think we know enough about each other. Why don't we get on with the lesson. The History Lesson."
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gym

Liz grunts in pain as she takes the balls meant for Souske. Patti watching her sister get hurt and seeing Souske take out Gary gains fire in her eyes as a hint of the violent personality she had from Brooklyn resurfaces. "I HATE MEANIES!!!" With that cry Patti winds up her arm and throws a fierce fastball at Souske's back. Kid , knowing a chance when he sees one and is likely to take it times his throw for when Souske has to turn to deal with Patti as she is behind him. He hated to take advantage of Patti's sometimes volatile emotions but Souske did cross the line. When his back is turn he quickly throws a ball that he picked up at him adding just a pinch of his supernatural strength into it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dormitories

"I have no interest in your boyfriend. I simply saw what seemed to be a pair of intruders and went to investigate." C.C. answers not bothering to clarify who she is. She already knows Lelouch is going to freak out when he finds out she's talking to people who know another student but she pushes that thought to the back of her head.

"But that is not what I meant. You are not human Sebastian, are you?"

History

Alice looks around the array of chairs with a bemused smirk. "That wouldn't be a good idea."

Science

Isabella scoffs at Light as he gets up. "Pathetic, even the Eleven's best is sup par to ordinary Britannians."

Gym

Emette is now out and goes to sit on the bench. Despite Sagara's flagrant disregard for the rules of the game and common sense Mr. Oliver stands to the side simply watching the game not making any attempt to interfere yet.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Cass

Souske isn't playing fair. Not that Cass knows what the rules of dodgeball are, exactly, but judging from everybody else's body language-including the teacher-he wasn't playing fair. And they were on the same team, too...

This seemed like a fun game too. Even if everybody on both teams wasn't very good at it. Including Souske. Who while obviously trained and very good...wasn't Shiva. Or Black Canary. And was armed. In the school.

Also unfair. Steph refused to let her come out of the dorms with so much as a Batarang or shuriken or anything. She'd tell Steph this next time they saw each other. Whenever that was. She couldn't read her schedule.

Cass picks up one of the stray balls, and throws it vaguely in the other team's direction. It goes high and wide, too, so that none of the other team can catch it. Of course, its purpose wasn't to hit anyone on the other team, either. It ricochets off the corner between ceiling and floor, heading down at a highly steep angle, and slams into Souske's head from nearly 90 degrees.

"Oops?"
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Souske
    The game had followed what ended to happen around Souske, the military brat hilariously misinterpreting some fairly ordinary situation, and the rest of the class descending on him in a furious wave, eventually taking him out.

He lets go of Liz with good grace, and goes to sit on the benches, with a brand new black eye.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gym

Liz glad that she has been let go walks towards the benches, helping Gary along the way. Patti once more has her head in the game and starts throwing balls as hard as she can. Kid to make sure that he is not outed with the rest of his team is uses the great accuracy that he got from practicing with the sisters gun forms and picks up two balls. He throws one so that it will intercept Patti's ball in mid-air and throws the other at Cassandra.

Science

Soul's head jerks back up from the nap he had been taking at Bella's remark. He then looks around for Light before settling his eyes on Bella. "Where did the smarmy pretty boy go? And who's the flat chest?" Maka knowing that Soul's rudeness tended to get on other people's nerves stomps his foot hard so that Soul has to throw his hands over his mouth to prevent himself from screaming out loud. Maka then turns to Bella with a smile and says, "Don't worry about Soul. He has the tendency to throw that word around when a girl doesn't measure up to his standards. I'm Maka Albarn, and you are?" While she is speaking to the girls she attempts to use her Soul Perception to try and see her soul and what she is like.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"Ow!"

Gary gets knocked to the ground by Sousuke's retaliation, and stays there, arms shielding his head, until Liz helps him get up.

"Im fine. A-Okay."

As he walks to the bench with Liz, he pulls away, his entire body posture withdrawn.

"That guy–Souske, his name is Souske Sagara, twenty likes on MyFace–has a real attitude problem."

He ***** his head to the side, flicking his finger through the air. Is that a government database file? It's password protected. Multiple passwords

"Huh." Gary remarks in a flat tone of voice. "I think he's a secret agent. Like me, except I'm more polite, and I don't hit people."

Some people think Hacking is a matter of pounding a keyboard really quickly, guessing passwords based on pure luck, or fighting evil virtual reality agents in cyberspace.

But truly, most Hacking relies upon the immutable nature of software in that even the most refined and streamlined programs have extra bits of code tacked on, backdoors, holes, flaws, and hidden features left by their original programmers.

Being able to perceive and interpret the entire electromagnetic spectrum, Gary's really good at 'seeing' these backdoors.

Gary 'fiddles' in the air with his left hand, and tries to hack into Souske's government files.

Leavenworth Smedry

"Now, now Zim! Libraries are more dangerous than you can possibly imagine! And the Ashford Library is too major a branch to be infiltrated without a good plan! Even if you're an alien!"

The Old Smedry pauses, rubbing his chin in thought.

"Although...I've been meaning to do an infiltration of the local branch for some time now..."

He smiles to himself.

"Yes...yes, that could work...but Rattling Rothfusses, I've let myself get distrasted! You're absolutely right, Lelouch! We should be learning some History!"

He walks over to the table full of haphazardly piled book and pulls out the book 'Chronicles of the Scrivener'.

"Now then: in order to understand why the World is mostly controlled by an Evil Cult of Librarians, one must understand their beginnings..

It's no coincidence that the True History of the World, and the Librarian Created History diverges in 1492, around the time of the first Spanish Expeditions to the New World, where Christopher Columbus sailed from Spain with Three Ships, then was joined by a larger Fleet from the Kingdom of Southern Merelandria, containing a Contingent of Dinosaur Ambassadors on a goodwill mission to the New World."

Smedry pauses for dramatic effect.

"For it was in that year that the man known as Biblioden, the Scrievener..."

He holds up his book, opened to a picture of a man dressed in Renaissance Clothing, holding a lantern in one hand, a book in the other, glowering, and wearing a pair of horn-rimmed glasses.

"Also known as the First Librarian, first came to prominence."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-02 at 08:00 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    This wasn't history. It was the babblings of a lunatic who had his mind overwhelmed by far too much childrens day-time television. But what the hell. If maintaining his perfect GPA meant running along with it, then so be it.
    "Wait a moment. Let's express why, rather then what, for now." He says. "Lets assume that somehow an organization managed to induct every single librarian into it's ranks, regardless or race, place or creed, and said librarians consist entirely of (highly competent) power-brokers, politicians, criminals, assassins and organizers, all of whom have managed to maintain this conspiracy without ever, at any point, revealing their affiliation or even it's existence, and are immoral enough to embrace the hypocrisy of running a place devoted to sharing information while at the same time gleefully breaking these principles." He pauses a moment, letting that sink in. "Now let's assume that they found common purpose sufficient to actually work together enough to be somewhat sufficient, despite the enormous range of conflicting goals in such a massive organization, and have the influence to prevent publishing entirely, not simply preserving some books." he pauses again, letting this sink in as well.
    "If this conspiracy is as powerful and pervasive as you say, how the hell did you get a job teaching about it at school? Furthermore, if the entire principle is controlling information to influence people into a sort of herd-control by controlling the flow of information, why are they still librarians when consumer media and electronic mass-media is far more powerful and influential to the vast majority of people, and most libraries are being closed down due to lack of funding? Surely it does not make sense. And more to the point, why bother to maintain such an intricate network? It's not an efficient use of resources, particularly when the Brittanian Empire is so widely spread. And what's more, if they aren't aware of that, then they aren't competent enough to hope to run such an organization."

Light Yagami
    Light nodded meekly, the very image of a submissive lower-class citizen resigned to his lot in life. Kira on the other hand sneered. Let them believe whatever they wanted. If they had any idea who he was and what he was capable of, they'd tremble at the thought of earning his displeasure. he knew their type, entitled, believing themselves superior, prepared to coast on the backs of the hard work of the better people. Despicable, hardly better then the criminal scum he found himself wading through constantly.
    They had no more place in the world he was building then the rest of the criminals. But for now, he'd leave them. Let them realize it, give them the chance to change. He was god, he could be merciful if he chose. He gave them a chance, and could take it away.
    Light approved of the Brittanian Empire, because the Empire approved of Kira. Indeed, when confronted by him they'd embraced him, and the world he was trying to create, promising to ensure that in all their territories were shown as for him. But while he approved of them in principal, he found many of the individuals abhorrent.

Misa Yagami
    "You're one to talk, Nimue." She replied lightly, mentioning her real name as though it was nothing particularly important or worth keeping hidden. Misa had no knowledge of Arthurian myth beyond the Disney animation, so had no idea that there were any vilainesses in it besides Morgan Le Fay. In short, the significance of the name is lost on her. Despite this, her look is intensifying. Another wild-card interrupting Light's well ordered schemes. She'd have to do something about that...
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

{When Lelouch actually runs into some Evil Librarians, he's going to be so pissed off at the world}

Leavenworth Smedry, Grand Occulator, Agent of the Free Kingdoms, and Perpetual Latecomer, raises his bushy eyebrows as Lelouch launches into tirade of passionate, reasoned arguments...which are all totally wrong, of course.

"Nuthering Nixes, my dear boy! That's quite the inquisitive mind you have there!"

Leavenworth Smedry sits down on a nearby armchair, leg casually crossed over his knee: he's quite spry for an old man (has to be, considering).

"Let me address a few of your points, if you don't mind." He says, raising his fingers as he talks.

"Firstly, the lady at the counter of the surface of a library may call herself a librarian, but that doesn't make her a Capitol L Librarian: you can usually tell who the actual Evil Librarians Cultists are by their choice of glasses, their tweed suits, and their love of tormenting an innocent populace."

"Secondly, you are quite astute in calling into question the Evil Librarian's general unity...they are divided into several factions–The Dark Occulators, the Scrivener's Bones, the Order of the Standard, the Order of the Shattered Lens, the Special Operations Division of the British Library– and even though they cooperate in waging war against the Free Kingdoms and oppressing an unknowing populace, they often backstab each other in their pursuit of power."

"Thirdly...I got this job through subterfuge and trickery, my boy! I'm a Smedry, in fact, an Agent of the Free Kingdoms! And, I humbly admit, I'm quite good at my job! In fact once, when in an undercover assignment, I tricked a group of Senior Librarians into thinking I was me!"

"Fourthly...if you think about it, it's quite insidious: the Librarians have manipulated your culture so that people actually believe that Electronic Media is More Advanced than Books... "More Advanced Than Books": of all the absurdities!!! I wouldn't have believed people could swallow such a falsehood if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes! But it's still brilliant in a sinister way: people tricked into using primitive technologies, and all the while, less and less people actually try to venture inside libraries..."

Leavenworth leans back in his chair and sighs.

"But I can tell that's not what's truly perturbing you, Mr. Lelouch. It's not these little details that make you doubt my story: you don't believe me, truly, because you think that the idea of a Cult of Evil Librarians that Secretly Rule the World is a tad silly. "

He steeples his fingers.

"Tell me: have you ever read the works of Plato? "The Republic", specifically?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    Actually, were Lelouch to discover such an organization existed, he'd put them to work. Though he'd first put them to better use. Then again, even the most open minded person would think Smedry was delusional. It certainly sounded like a paranoids fantasy, seeing threats and dangers everywhere. [COLOR="Purple"]"So you are telling me that the first thing you did upon getting an under-cover position for the sake of infiltration is brazenly declare the best kept secret in the world?" He says incredulously. Again, Smedry wasn't acting like a secret agent, he was acting like a dangerous schizophrenic looking for approval. Lelouch has seen things he can't explain, but they all have their own internal logic. This is more of a fixation on an idea, then ignoring the parts of the world that don't fit.
    "Assuming this is all true, and I'm not saying it is, then everyone in this class is in considerable danger, and most of them are probably unable to defend themselves, and furthermore if any of us have any sympathies to the evil librarians you've just compromised yourself too, all for absolutely no benefit. And you say you're good at your job? I can't even comprehend how bad the others must be if this is seen as a good way to start."
    He's a force of rationality that will not be stayed and not be stopped. "Secondly, yes, hard-copies are more durable and safe then electronic data, however I wasn't talking about which is more advanced, I was talking about which one has more influence. Keeping information from people is useless, unless said information is dangerous, but controlling which information goes to which people allows you to control the subject. By not utilizing other forms of the information network, regardless of how advanced they may or may not be, they have essentially lost any way of remaining relevant. Unless the purpose is to keep information from people, at which point they can hardly be said to rule the world." He pauses for breath. He's taking this a little personally, the way rational people tend to when they are confronted with the idea that science is just another world for superstition, and they really don't know anything.
    The idea that the world is controlled by librarians, that everything that happened is not simply a matter of nationalism and Imperialism, that entire cultures being unmade and countries conquered is all the machinations of librarians is simply too much for him to accept anyone believing, and so he can't let it rest, much as he knows it would be intelligent to.
    "So yes, for all these reasons, and many others, the idea that a Illuminati of librarians rules the world is ridiculous. I am willing to accept that the possibility of an Illuminati exists, and it might even harbor Librarians in it's numbers, but the idea that they consist entirely of a glorified librarian Trade Union is impossible. And finally, Plato was a dolt whose only value to the field of philosophy was transcribing Socrates and teaching Aristotle what not to do."

Light Yagami
    No man creates himself in isolation, and no man is an island. Kira was perfection, but Light Yagami was not Kira all the time. He couldn't be.
    Every morning Kira ceased to be, and every night he was reborn. It was a simple process for Light Ygami to do away with his alter ego. There was no magical change, no illusion or dark spell involved. It never even took a mask, all he needed was the note, and the right frame of mind. And yet, perhaps that was the danger. Because Light Yagami was the mask for Kira. And Light Yagami was a weakness. One Kira couldn't afford.
    He'd escaped the suspicion, the investigation, all of it. He was making progress, crime was down seventy percent, war was all but eliminated, and
    more and more countries were accepting Kira as justice.
    He walks over to his room in the dormitories, intending to hide his Death Note. It's temporary, but if he's being observed he can't risk carrying it with him. He was reckless to bring it at all.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Pixie in the Playground

Shirou
    An unusually good shot, he'd lasted a while, but been one of the many taken out by Souske's one-man rampage on the dodgeball courts. He takes it pretty well, unlike many others it was only a glancing blow, so he's not injured or stunned. His prides not even injured.

He goes and sits on the benches, at the back of the line, and hopes they can move on to something he excels at, such as archery or track, rather then this. Then he starts. Nobody else noticed, but he saw what Cassandra did. She'd perfectly calculated three bounces Souske like that. He could barely do it, and she'd done it so casually. Something was strange about her. It would bare watching...

Beast
    He recognizes that look. That look means he can answer the question, or forget any hopes of actually getting through to them today. So he sighs, and crouches down a little. "Well, if you want a simple answer, that's easy." He says, and smiles reassuringly. It's not human, but it still manages to be comforting. "I'm human. Completely. My appearance is caused by a fluctuation in adaptive genetics, but from a strictly cellular level my tissue is all human. Well, except for a few density differences and pigmentation, obviously. I'm structured differently, my performance is beyond any human athlete, and my fine motor skills are impeccable. No, I'm not giving a demonstration."

"Now as to why, well that's a different question entirely, and one that I couldn't answer. I can tell you the results, but not the cause of such an extreme anomaly as myself. Nor what it means. Maybe I'm some degree of throwback, maybe I'm the next step in human evolution, maybe I'm a genetic dead-end. It's not really important to me, I don't let it define who I am. And nor should any of you."
    He looks at them all, peering over the top of his half-moon spectacles, and for the first time the scene feels vaguely surreal.

"Anyway, that's enough of that for now. The simple answer. I'll give the complex answer in period three, for those of you who have biology. For those of you who don't have the class but want to learn about the subject anyway, feel free to show up, however I will still expect you to do the work. Now, if I could please have a volunteer?"
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-12-03 at 06:52 AM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Cass

She'd been dodging knives and bullets over a decade before she could talk. She had been raised by the second-greatest assassin in the world. Several governmental organizations who had seen her in actions declared her to be a metahuman. Dodging soft leather-clad balls is not child's play. It's easier.

She weaves between shots, not catching any (as she doesn't know about that particular rule), until all the balls are on her side. Upon which, she takes a single ball, and ricochets it at strange angles off the wall to hit people of the other team. And then...repeats.

Her movements are fluid, but almost bored. If only there was someone up to her level to play this game with...
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

14. - Top - End - #44

Science

Isabaella seems a bit disappointed by this answer but nods understandingly anyways. None of the NPCs make any effort to volunteer.

Gym

Mr. Oliver has finally seen enough. He blows a whistle to stop the game. "Souske, while I appreciate your dedication another stunt like that will get you sent to the Principal's office. Now it's almost second bell, go shower and change before the next class."

History

Alice chuckles to herself as she watches Lelouch argue with the teacher. The irony of a former Prince arguing about secret world ruling cults was quite enjoyable.

Dormitories

By now Misa should notice something else of interest as she looks at CC's name. There is no number for her life span instead there is simply a symbol, an elongated V with protrusions that vaguely resemble wings. C.C's eyes widen as she dives at Misa. "That name, no one has said it in hundreds of years. How did you know it?"

It's at this point that Light makes his way to the Dormitory.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-12-03 at 01:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gym

With two nods and a bow(from Kid) to Mr.Oliver the trio head to the gender appropriate showers. After cleaning the grime from their bodies and slipping into their regular clothes instead of their gym clothes. As they exit Liz says, "Man what is up with that Souske guy. To think that I thought that he was cute!" Patti nods in agreement with her sister, "Yeah! He was a big 'ol meanie head!" Kid sighs as he pats both girls on the shoulders.

Science

Stephanie's outburst is acknowledged by someone as Soul looks up to see the attactive girl. "Finally someone in this class who isn't as flat as an ironing board. Names Soul Evans, and you are?" Hearing Beast speak he sighs as he says, "Hold that thought. Yo, teach I'll volunteer" The apathetic look on his face speaks volumes of how bored he is.

(Did you catch my last post Darkblade? Maka was speaking to Bella in it.)

16. - Top - End - #46

((Indy you best reply to that with a reference to Damien's insults.))

Science

Bella looks up at Maka. "Another Eleven, I was under the impression this school was a prestigious academy not a charity case."

She does manage to smile though. "I'm Bella Swan, now unless you're something other than an ordinary human please stop bothering me."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Gary emerges from the locker room wearing school clothes.

"He's probably angry because of being in a confined environment for extended periods of time and adjusting to different pressure. Because he's a submariner. That's what it says right here. "Tuatha de Danaan Division. That's from Celtic Mythology."

Leavenworth Smedry

"Oh, I know that none of you are agents for the Librarians. Why do you think I chose to teach this class? I've swept the room for bugs, removed all the light bulbs just in case they contain Communicator's Glass...this place is as secure as can be. Unless there's someone with Fogger's Lenses standing in this room unnoticed, but anyways..."

His eyebrows crinkle in quite thought. "That's part of the reason of why I'm here: to show you all the truth. And what you do with this truth is up to you. You could choose to examine this world, investigate what lies beneath it...you could (though I wouldn't recommend it a this point in your life) choose to fight against the Evil Librarians...my grand-nephew's about your age–a good lad–and he's done many remarkable things...or you could ignore all this hullaboo about Evil Librarians and Dark Conspiracies as being completely contrary to your world view, and continue to live your life as you wish."

He leans back in his comfy armchair.

"The reason I brought up Plato, you see, is because of his Cave Analogy–not because all that nonsense about perfect Slices of Cheesecake, mind you.

He told a story about a set prisoner chained up in a dark cave from infancy onward, heads bound so that they could only look in one direction. A fire behind them cast shadows upon the walls they faced, and this was all the prisoners ever knew. To them, the shadows weretheir world.

But one day a prisoner was released, and he saw that the world was much more than just shadows, that it was much strange and more vivid and more complex than he'd ever imagined it could be. But when he returned and tried to tell his friends about it, none of them believed in this world he described, because it didn't fit with the life they'd always known."

Smedry takes off his red-tinted glasses, revealing clear blue eyes, focused and intense.

"You Hushlanders are those prisoner in the cave. Through no fault of your own, all that you've seen are shadows: thus no matter how logical my arguments are*, they'll seem like nonsense to you. Thus, I can't convince you that the World is Ruled By a Cult of Evil Librarians with just words."

He leans forward, an wide, mischievous smile on his face.

"But I can show you."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Science

Maka frowns at the girls rudeness from an attempt to be friendly. Her eyes narrow a bit as she uses her Soul Perception technique on the girl. This will allow her to look at her soul and from it determine a few traits and see what she is like.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    "Ah, Stephanie, good of you to come." He says, a little miffed at the students lack of interest. He'd trade all this batch of students for one like Lelouch. Just the same, he gives her a kindly smile and steps back. "Well, perhaps you can serve as a volunteer then." He doesn't even ask where she's been. She got here, which means she wants to learn. He can afford to be lenient.

Emiya Shirou
    The tall, red-headed boy approaches Souske. "Listen, I know what it can be like to be new to a place, and how hard it can be to adjust." He says. "But you can't just act out like that."
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sebastian
    Sebastian smiles at C.C right up until Misa says 'Nimue.' Up until that point, a code-bearer was just some mildly interesting bit he'd have to look out for. Something to mention to Light as he pressed the shirts. Now it wasn't just any code bearer; it was a very old one, with quite a bit of power to back it up. And a history worth knowing. Still, nothing to get upset over.

"I have no idea what you mean, Nimue, I am merely one hell of a butler."
    He slides his hand onto Misa's shoulder, "Lady Amani? Light wouldn't want you antagonizing people." And he would hate to have to unveil all his power now, in what would assuredly be a massive brawl that, while he could win..meaning he could bring her down long enough for Light to escape, would mean nothing but trouble for him.

Panty and Stocking
    Panty shakes her head, Humans and their evil cults. Honestly, it's a hobby, I think. Though they make for some great orgies. She tilts her head, not really caring about the discussion. It was boring; at this point, the green kid was the most interesting thing in the room...Guys don't have eggs. Friggin dumba**.

Stocking, meanwhile, looks up-The Illumanti Libras is but one aspect of a vast elder-conspiracy to subvert humanity for the coming cleansing, orchestrated by neither heaven nor hell. That...was completely made up. But she felt like talking.
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He shakes his head, and rolls his eyes, not bothering to hide his expression from the professor. His first day at the Britannian private school Ashford Academy, and credit where credit is due, it was certainly more interesting than school had been when he was Japanese.
    "So why bring in philosophy in the first place, if your argument is based on being unable to prove it's existence with rhetoric? More to the point, did you even check for conventional listening devices? Because advanced is not the point, what you should be checking for is what would do the job." A clever person would note something about Lelouch. He's stopped lecturing, and started instructing how to actually effectively run such an information war with confidence and surety. He's not all that worried on being called up on it, everyone knows he's an aristocrat (though they'd be shocked at how right they are) and chances are none of them would still be listening anyway. If they had heard beyond 'evil librarians' he'd be surprised.
    He, on the other hand, was despairing. Over the course of the conversation he'd become convinced that the man did know something, and that the trouble was he himself didn't know what he knew. If any such organization did exist, they would be highly competent, and the first thing such a group would do is invent enemies simply as insurance. It was something he'd do in their position, and if you ever found yourself squared off against an unfamiliar player is assume they are just as capable as yourself. Few people died from being too careful. You'd invent an agency to keep your followers united by using it as a threat, while controlling the perceptions of your enemy by letting them make the occasional discovery or small victory to further influence them. Mostly, because by doing that you've effectively ensured that anyone who did discover you also discovered them. That way anyone who did try to stop you would wind up as part of a largely incompetent opposition so full of incorrect information that they were utterly impotent. His insistence of having swept the area certainly suggested so.
    "First up, if you did find anything, then I'd be less alarmed. Any such global organization has influence, and that allows them to access independent contractors. Why would they confront you directly, when it's far easier to put operatives who do it for a living on the job? That way they don't expose themselves, and can maintain surveillance in a way you won't even look for. Their are cameras in all the hallways, what's to stop them surreptitiously upgrading them and checking the feeds? And you didn't even check, because you think it's inferior technology." He stops here, letting him feel the contempt, then continues.
    "Have you considered that their entire existence depends on secrecy? If you can prove it to us, and I doubt you'll ever find anyone as skeptical as me, what's to stop you from simply marching up to Emperor Charles zi Britannia and letting him put his resources on the job? Even if he didn't act directly, by outing them you'd have forced them to expend considerable resources relocating, purging their organization and rebuilding. Or if you don't trust authority then just upload it on a webcam, link it to the Kira web-page, and wait for to execute them all?"
    He rests his elbows on the desk and looks at you. "So you see, that is why I reject your reality. Not because I find it ridiculous, though it is, simply because this world is run by dangerous, highly competent and ruthless people, all of who would not dangle on the string of anyone unless that man were even more so then they are."

Light Yagami
    After all, he may be Kira, a name often found to be synonymous with Justice, but that meant more then passing judgment. Light himself had been forced to become an Honorable Britannian to be sure of his own survival. He shuddered for a moment realizing that his fate could have been far different had he been forced to live in the Shinjuku Ghetto.
    No, it was important to leave Japan. For one thing Kira had become associated with the nation, for another the post occupation laws made freedom of information harder, for another... for another, this was Brittania, the Empire that would one day rule the world. And Kira would one day rule Brittania.
    He pauses a moment as he comes up the corridor, and his eyes narrow, as he stares at the closed door. Someone had opened it. He didn't keep it locked, that would be suspicious, and he wanted the encourage the perception he had nothing to hide.
    The defense he used was so basic most would not even look for it, a single hair stretched over it, now broken. He paused a second, then placed his ear against, listening carefully, then closed his eyes as he heard Misa's voice. She knew he as at class, why was she visiting him now?
    His hand closes around the knob, and he turns it, stepping into his room. He has a disturbingly quiet tread.

Misa
    She smiles mysteriously, and maybe a little smugly. Misa may look like a vapid, glamor obsessed air-head, but when she smiles she looks remarkably like a Black Widow. "That would be telling, wouldn't it? But we only just met, I'm not sure I want to concede the advantage just yet." Of course, the trouble is, she cant ask C.C what she is without revealing that she doesn't already know, and lose her advantage.
    She wants to find out. She wants to know everything, so she can make an informed decision, and Light will be proud of her. Then the Butler intervenes. For a moment she looks like she's going to ignore him, then she steps back a step. It's then that the door opens, and Light steps in, and Misa stares over as the object of her unhealthy obsession enters the room, and her eyes are filled with simple adoration. It's clear she loves him, utterly, selflessly and completely, she would do anything for him. There was no ocean of blood she would not wade through, no act to heinous to contemplate, nothing.
    He's a lot to look at, tall, athletic, features chiseled to perfection. His face is bland, carefully empty, but something dark slivers in the back of them for a moment before he smiles at her., slight smile so it didn't seem quite like a confrontation—it was important to at least seem friendly."I think you might have the wrong room." He says to C.C politely. "Unless you were looking for me for something?"
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-04 at 08:56 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth Smedry keeps quiet for the time being, as surprisingly, Lelouch transitions to discussing the idea that the Librarians might very well be a cover conspiracy for a even more hidden conspiracy.

And then Panty and Stocking jump in with their talk of the 'Illuminati Libras'.

"I've taken precautions against Hushlander Tech." He says absent mindedly.

"But you fellow may be one to something: the idea that another Conspiracy could be manipulating the Cult of Evil Librarians...well, to me, it sound a little ridiculous, but..."

He grins. "Hovering Herberts! This does requires some investigation!"

He begins drawing up a flowchart diagram on the blackboard.

"...If you can prove it to us, and I doubt you'll ever find anyone as skeptical as me, what's to stop you from simply marching up to Emperor Charles zi Britannia and letting him put his resources on the job?..."
    He freeze in place, chalk poised over the words "Panty and Stocking's Elder Conspiracy". His other hand clenches into a fist.

{I'm going to make up a past plot event: hope you don't mind, Darkblade, I figure that Grandpa Smedry been around.}

"Charles." He snarls.

"He killed one hundred of the Knights of Crystallia when he detonated the Shrine of Doves at the Second Battle of the Worldspire. Then he had the gall to call it 'Survival of the Fittest' right to my face."

He shook his head. "No, Lelouch Lamperouge: I will not ask that man for help."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He sighs. The man was too invested in the idea of evil librarians to see that it was ridiculous, just like Brittaninas mostly believed that blood and peerage was another term for merit. He simply could not bring himself to realize that the idea he had invested so much on was the babbling of a lunatic. It wasn't that the Evil Librarians were being manipulated, it was that he was being manipulated to think that the agency he was composing consisted of evil librarians.
    "You are fighting a war. You cannot afford to choose your friends." Lelouch replies. "But if not him, there are plenty of others in a position to act on that information. Why not use one of them?"
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

24. - Top - End - #54

Science

Maka's gaze reveals nothing, literally nothing. Where she should be seeing the depths of Bella's soul all there is an empty void. Bella doesn't seem to have noticed being stared at though as her attention falls right on the Mr. McCoy and Stephanie.

Dormitories

C.C. turns her gaze to Light. She had spent long enough in Area 11 forcibly contained to Lelouch's dorm room with nothing to do but read school files to know of Light Yagami, one of the most acclaimed students in the Area and the only Eleven to be granted the status of Honorary Britannian citizenship without military service. She falls back upon her old courtly manners to fall back and retreat. "Mr. Yagami, I beg your pardon. I heard unfamiliar voices in the dormitory and came to investigate. If they are guests of your's then I'm sure they can be trusted. If you'll excuse me then..."

She makes her way out of the Light's room and back down the hall towards Lelouch's room.

History

Alice regains her composure and looks back towards Lelouch shaking her head. Despite just meeting him she seems almost disappointed with him.

Gym

As everyone gathers in the corridor waiting for the bell to ring Mr. Oliver returns. "Gary, Souske, a word in my office please."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    "Sebastien?" He says, then indicates C.C with the corner of his head. "If you wouldn't mind?" Somehow he doubts her story. The delivery was a little off, too confident, too decisive for something as simple as she said. She wasn't acting like someone who had been caught in his rooms for an innocent reason, but she wanted him to think she was.
    Maybe she was harmless. But he couldn't afford not to be careful. That out of the way, he moves over to his desk, and takes out the exercise notepad he used to keep his Death Note pages in, and placed them on the desk, but he didn't open. Instead he stared pointedly at Misa.

Lelouch
    Lelouch looks down at his watch, affecting surprise at the time, then stood up. "Well, I've said my piece. If you'll excuse me, I have a prior commitment that cannot be missed."
    "Lulu! You can't be skipping again!" Shirley called, as Lelouch walked out if the room. He sent her a nonchalant smile to which she frowned, without breaking stride. He looked ahead to the doors, and then was gone. Lelouch didn't bother turning to look back at Shirley's expression. Of course she would be upset, but he had never let her stop him. Besides, even if he didn't continue to keep his daily patterns the same as before he had become Zero to chase away suspicion, Lelouch found the games relieved his unconditional boredom. And, of course, it was easier then holding down a job.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-05 at 01:24 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Science

Soul plops back down in his seat with a small 'tsk' at being looked over. Well it wasn't like he really cared anyway. It is then that he looks at Maka and sees her shocked look. He then leans over as he says, "What is it Maka? What's with the look of shock? I know that it's unlike me to volunteer but come on, give me a little credit here." Maka then slowly turns and looks at Soul and says, "I-It's not that Soul. Its that girl, Bella Swan. She...she has not soul." Soul's eyes then widen as he furiously whispers, "WHAT!" "You heard me Soul. Bella Swan has no soul, or if she does I am unable to sense it. And quite frankly, I'm not sure which of those two possibilities is worse."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary

Gary frowns, and without saying a words, turns and walks off from Liz, making his way to Mr. Oliver's Office.

As he walks about he tries searching for strange signals, weird transmissions, anything that might emanate from the weird evil thingy he was supposed to investigate.

"Because he's a secret agent."

Leavenworth Smedry

"You assume that I'm some sort of 'lone wolf' operative, running a one-man guerilla war!" Smedry replies. "That's not so: I'm supported by my large extended family, as well as an Alliance of Magical Kingdoms inside my Cupboard!"

He points to the cupboard he had emerged from at the beginning of class.

For some reason, after saying that, Lelouch pleads prior engagements, and walks off.

"Hold a moment!" Leavenworth says, getting up, running after Lelouch...and handing him a book...and a pair of dark sunglasses.

"Here's some class reading material: knowing you, you'll have some explanation about how I wrote, edited, printed and bound this in the depths of my insanity or some such nonsense. Keep the sunglasses."

He smiles. "Go on! Enjoy the sun! Exercise or something!"

With that, he heads back to the class. "Right then: who wants to talk about conspiracies. Or does anyone want to go outside for a class discussion, or to the Magic Kingdoms in my Cupboard?"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Science

Stephanie's outburst is acknowledged by someone as Soul looks up to see the attactive girl. "Finally someone in this class who isn't as flat as an ironing board. Names Soul Evans, and you are?" Hearing Beast speak he sighs as he says, "Hold that thought. Yo, teach I'll volunteer" The apathetic look on his face speaks volumes of how bored he is.

(Did you catch my last post Darkblade? Maka was speaking to Bella in it.)
    Science

"Sure thing, Professor!"

Crap. That was a slip-up. Honestly, a year's worth of college, and Steph ends back up in high school...not fair. But Batman had been pretty adamant...and the offer of using this to (somehow) get into a better college worked for her.

She finally takes a closer look at Beast, and shrugs in reaction to the man's fur and coloration. She had teamed up with a blue-skinned magical pilgrim in order to get a cat laid; after that, you really could take a lot in stride.

"Just give me one second."

She moves over to Soul's desk, hips swaying ever-so-slightly. She leans in to him...and slaps him in the face. Hard. That being done, she heads back to the front of the classroom, completely casual to what she just did.

"I don't like it when people objectify me."

Tuesday Evenings with a Gender Studies major, Education Minor. And what is it about little boys and my chest? And that comment, seriously? It's like Goldilocks and the Three Bears, except with little boys and beasts and the porridge is all the same but the boys are different...I think I lost my metaphor.

Cass

She looks at Gary, tilting her head as she does so. His body language is...odd. Extremely so.

She doesn't say anything, though. She's far too socially inept to initiate conversation with a stranger.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Science

The slap echos as it leaves a mark on Soul's face. However despite how painful it sounded he didn't appear to be all that hurt. Well when you take a Maka Chop almost everyday you get used to pain, and said chop wasn't even a chop. It was just her slamming the spine of an increadibly thick book onto his head with full force...THAT SH*T HURT! Maka chuckles as she says, "You deserved that Soul." There is a groan as Soul says, "Oh shut up Maka, man this is so uncool."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Gary glances at Cass out of the corner of his eye, and fidgets as he walks to Mr. Oliver's room.

Why is she staring at him? People who don't leave information trails on the internet shouldn't be staring at you.

"You're staring at me. You shouldn't be staring at me. It's weird...are you a spy?"