New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Sonic Rainboom Aside, please note we have defeating dragons on more then one occasion, tearing down a several story building with bare body parts, successfully Wrestling a Bear, Outright Winning a Staring Contest against a creature that has a Medusa style gaze attack, And most recently Canon Confirmation that at least one of them can outright Ignore the fourth wall.

Yeah, Even Batman and Conan and Harry Dresden are gonna get a run for there money against opponents capable of feats like that.
    "I Burn!"

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Thats what I was going to say... But after seeing the sonic rainboom I'm not sure how much of it is memetic.
    Very little of it, Rainbow Dash pwned the laws of physics so hard with that one even the wizards cried.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Banned

*If raising taxes give a 5% boost for -1 loyalty, and I have the ability "exalted monarch" (hero of the people AEG empire, your people never rebel no matter how much you abuse them) I am not allowed to infinitely raise taxes in order to fund world domination.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

*I am not allowed to start campaigns with oil and tindertwigs... ever again

*I am not allowed to light the rogues tail on fire... even if he did steal my things

*I am not allowed to start campaigns with lots of rope, grappling hooks, oil, acid flasks, alchemists fire, caltrops, and/or tanglefoot bags or any other alchemical items in conjunction with craft (traps) ever again.

*I will not reference sleeping with an old man ever again

*Even if I succeed at all checks, I am not allowed to make reins of adamantium razor wire for the evil dragon we are fighting, attach them to an immovable rod... and then activate said rod.

*I am not allowed to climb dragons to get into position to use adamantium razor wire on them ever again

*I am not allowed to play a bard and use charm person to sleep with other PC's against their players will ever again

*I am not allowed to use spells for sexual means

*I am not allowed to fill all my spell slots with 'cheat' when entering a town and use it to end up owning every building in town... and 'favors' from most male NPC's female relations...

*I am not allowed to ever gamble as a bard... EVER

*I am not allowed to become emperor of the empire and then use the standing army to clear dungeons

*I am not allowed to ready an action for when our fighter charges.... then cast baleful polymorph to turn him into a chicken when he does

*I will not use Geas to force PC's to perform sexual favors, to fight each other for my amusement, or to force the dwarf cleric whose form of praying is to drink to abstain for the rest of his life again (I miss my evil tiefling bard)

*I will not use arcane locks and glyphs of warding on the doors to other PC's rooms anymore.

*I will not use arcane locks and glyphs of warding on NPC's rooms anymore.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

*Even if I am a monk of many styles, cannot have more attacks of opportunity than the rest of the party’s collective normal attacks.
    *Not to enter arcane trickster solely so I can steal panties at a range of 30 feet.
    *Cannot use steal spell to cast genesis, even if the martial components are right there
    *Bear cavalry is not an appreciated character concept.
    *My character cannot be a shifty trader.
    * Cannot use wall of stone and then stone to flesh in order to provide a free supply of limitless meat.
    *No tinned trollflesh.
    *Cannot fill a bag of holding with colossal arrows and then use telekinesis to launch them at my enemies.
    *Cannot do the same with a bagful of alchemist’s fire.
    * It’s just crass to do the same with a bag of wights.
    *Not you slay a cloud giant just to reanimate it’s corpse and make it my skeletal familiar.
    *If I repeat the trick with a dragon, the Wight template from undead revisited and create undead, books will be thrown.
    * Cannot combine the powers of the party alchemist, wizard, and druid to fill a bag with enough delayed blast fireballs, explosive runes, remote bombs, and fire seeds to kill a tarresque, and then feed it to one.
    * Cannot waste five minutes and 2 rounds of our time casting sleep on the BBEG, Implanting a bomb, and then detonating it as soon as he wakes up.
    *My arcane trickster cannot use form of the dragon and greater invisibility in conjunction ever again.
    * Not to drug the owner of ye local magic mart, so I can steal all the scrolls and learn ALL the spells.
    *Not to slaughter everyone as the mage’s college and then use blood transcription to learn their spells.
    *If it’s the lich training camp for the big bad’s forces, it’s still an evil act.
    * Cannot abuse tireless rage to rage, use all my once-a-rage abilities, and then unrage and repeat the process next turn.
    * Cannot call this gear third.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_the_5th View Post
    * I am no longer allowed to convince the rest of Team BAD@$$ to dress up as the cast of Friendship is Magic for Halloween any more, lest someone else gets stuck that way.
    While we're taking a trip down memory lane:

*I may never again punch through the fourth wall, with the result that a dot of legend gets erased from the Big Bad's character sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

My Shapeshifter cannot use Operation: Turn into a Naked man as a solution to all failed infiltration rolls <Shadowrun>

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    My Shapeshifter cannot use Operation: Turn into a Naked man as a solution to all failed infiltration rolls <Shadowrun>
    *Party of horny teenagers or no, operation: Turn into a naked woman will bring similar results.
    *There is no island of Lusty Argoinain Maids.
    *Come to think of it, there are no islands of Argoinians, maids, or Lusty X Ys either…

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

* If a party member is about to score, my congratulatory fist-bump/high-five/pat-on-back may not deliver a Bestow Curse spell such that the curse is impotence.

* A curse guaranteeing conception is right out.

* ESPECIALLY if the party member in question is female.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

* I will not go anywhere near Drathmar

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *There is no island of Lusty Argoinain Maids.
    *Come to think of it, there are no islands of Argoinians, maids, or Lusty X Ys either…
    Someone wants to talk to you about that:

Quote Originally Posted by Lifts-Her-Tail
    Since we're maids, we're Lusty X-X's, my dear geneticist. Ooh, may I turn your doorhandle? It's so large and brassy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    * I will not go anywhere near Drathmar
    Only the campaign start and some of the bard ones are mine... the rest are things others I have played with have done that don't get on here.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * A curse guaranteeing conception is right out.

* ESPECIALLY if the party member in question is female.
    That...that's just mean, Sith.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Barbarian in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to grapple a hydra and two minotaurs at the same time.
    * I may not make a rail gun using a bar stool, a bottle of sovereign glue, and several wands of magic missile.
    * I may not help the old woman across the street and then ask for payment.
    * I may also not insist on payment up front.
    * My minotaur does not have the racial ability to lead a stampede.
    * My minotaur's gold nose ring did not "come standard".
    * My minotaur may not take Improved Bull Rush for any reason.
    * Even if it is thematically appropriate.
    * I may no longer play a minotaur.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyShadow View Post
    * I may not make a rail gun using a bar stool, a bottle of sovereign glue, and several wands of magic missile.
    What the what?
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to grapple a hydra and two minotaurs at the same time.
    I'm stealing this idea for my current campaign. Screw me and our monk making the rogue wrist-mounted repeating crossbows...

we are making him wrist-mounted railguns!

16. - Top - End - #106

*you may not build a space ship in a medieval setting
    *okay according to the stronghold builders guide book you can but it don't see the point
    *you could just use teleport to explore other planets you know.
    *I'm imposing a light speed limitation
    *you can't Iron Heart Surge special relativity

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    *you may not build a space ship in a medieval setting
    *okay according to the stronghold builders guide book you can but it don't see the point
    Has anyone here read David Drake's Igniting the Reaches? It kind of has that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217
    I LOL'd

18. - Top - End - #108

Don't you see? With gravity slain, now we can FLY!
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Waspinator View Post
    But he.... you can't...love...hate...clouds...
    *collapses*
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

*If I play Black Mage, Fighter, Thief, or Red Mage from 8-bit theatre, the D.M is playing Sarda.

*Cannot kill gravity or any of it's incarnations.
    *No, grind-killing aeons will not let you do this.
    *Cannot make a jetpack using 8 linked decanters of endless water
    *this does not give me an excuse to try the same with 80 of them.
    *Cannot attach a saddle of flying to any mount.

21. - Top - End - #111

*Just because a party member said that you were like his brother does not mean your Lost Relative background is resolved, nor do you gain XP for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

22. - Top - End - #112

*even if the rules allow it you cannot have a contingent true resurrection.
    *yes that covers all other revival spells

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Barbarian in the Playground

* I may not melt down five +1 longswords and forge them into a +5 greatsword.
    * I may not convince the entire group to play warforged druids just so we can be the Autobots.
    * Said warforged druids are also not allowed to fuse together to become the Megazord or Voltron.
    * Even if someone takes a level dip of artificer.
    * I may not farm exp for repeatedly killing a lich without destroying his phylactery.
    * I may not play a cleric in All Flesh Must Be Eaten.
    * I may not kick the gnome down the stairs to test for traps.
    * I may not store food in the dwarf's beard.
    * Or in the elf's ears.
    * Halflings are not a healthy part of my balanced breakfast.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

* I may not convince the entire group to play warforged druids just so we can be the Autobots.
    Of course not! Druids can't be lawful good.

* Never again may Pokémon have class levels.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

25. - Top - End - #115

Wouldn't Warforged Druids be the Maximals?
    "It's not like chess, where choosing to play black or white dictates your entire strategy. Also, chess doesn't have steam cannons."

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

(Not one of mine, but a player I know)

*May not play a bear-riding, vodka-swilling, Russian who dual-wields lances.
    *Even if lances are considered one-handed weapons when mounted and we can't find anything that says dual-weapon feats don't work that way.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    *May not ever fail to play a bear-riding, vodka-swilling, Russian who dual-wields lances.
    Fixed that for you.

28. - Top - End - #118

BlackDragon

* no matter how good I am at optimizing I can not play as either ezio auditore or altiar
    * can not then proced to form a secret underground organization for the sole purpose of training enough followers to take over the world
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-01-23 at 03:16 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack217 View Post
    *Unless you are a nuetrino

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    *Unless you are a nuetrino
    * I may no longer play as a neutrino.
    * Other sub-atomic particles are right out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity